Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• denascardenascar Member Posts: 25
    Where in Florida? I paid $24,340 for my EX-L in north central Florida.
  • sam400049sam400049 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have some pricing info on a CRV with leather & Navigation in the Washington DC Metro area?
  • smattersmatter Member Posts: 2
    Sam - I paid $28567.20 OTD for a 07 EX-L 4WD with Navi. ($26,326 + dest + $100 processing + $195 tax/tags + $1351 MD 5% tax)

Try the Ellicott City dealers first, get a good price and come back to the DC Metro dealers. They know you'll drive 30 minutes to pick up a car, so they'll match.
  • sam400049sam400049 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the tip.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Silverlynx and denascar...from what dealership did you purchase. denascar...Was the $24,340.00 out the door?? Also, was there the famous $499.00 dealer fee???
  • detroitcity11detroitcity11 Member Posts: 1
    2007 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
    Exterior: Black
    Interior: Black Leather

Vehicle Price - $24,763
    Doc Fee - $99
    MI Sales Tax 6% - $1491.72
    Plate Transfer - $23
    OTD Total: $26,376.72

I'm pleased with the deal.
  • asearchasearch Member Posts: 20
    smatter,

Which dealer did you go to buy your 07 EX-L 4WD with Navi. for $28567.20 OTD?

I may need to drive 200 miles to MD and for the deal. NJ dealers are still high. The CRV price is getting lower then 1 months ago.

Thanks!!
  • ridgerunner3ridgerunner3 Member Posts: 2
    We are very close to purchasing the above vehicle. We are in Virginia Beach and seriously thinking of traveling to MD to purchase this vehicle. This is the price they are offering:

23,395 Internet selling Price

With the dest. and dealer processing fee, and the virginia fees it comes to a total of $25,070. This is about $800 less than the dealers here in VA are willing to let us have it for. Does this seem like a good deal all in all?
    What MD. dealer is offering that internet price??? I would like to check out their website. You are allowed to give the dealership's name and location in this forum but not the salesperson's name. Please reply.
    Thanks,
    Nortsr
  • ridgerunner3ridgerunner3 Member Posts: 2
    It was Heritage Honda in Baltimore area. We got the info from these message boards.

I have bought a Honda CRV at a local dealership, so we now do not have to travel to Maryland. They said that the MD deal was awesome. They could not meet the deal but came within 576.00 of it. We just told them we were traveling to MD next weekend, unless they could meet their quote. OTD price was $25,646.41. This price was gotten at Priority Honda in Chesapeake, VA. They really seemed to appreciate the fact that we knew what we wanted and what we were willing to pay.

We are happy with this deal, since the local dealer offers free oil changes, inspections and engine warranty for life. I feel better having them right in town, so the extra $500 or so is not too bad.

Oh, my husband went in at 10 AM to look at vehicles and I was driving it home at 3:30. So easy. I absolutely love this vehicle.
  • laiwlaiw Member Posts: 9
    I am planning to buy a 07 CRV EX AWD in DFW area. Anybody have suggestions regarding the price I should be targeting? Thanks.
  • roncindymattroncindymatt Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a base trim CRV in Phila area. Went for internet quotes and have had little success in getting replies, seems like none around. One dealer willing to sell for MSRP and nothing less (car hasn't arrived at dealership yet) .........anyone with buying experiences in Phila/NJ area? :)
    You could try the Turnersville Auto Complex southern NJ about 20 mimutes south of the walt Whitman Bridge))(a Penske owned HUGE auto mall). Google in the aforementioned and check out their website. I know that their Hyundai dealership actually gives a monetary quote (right now $350.00 under invoice plus the rebates), so it might be possible to get an actual quote from their internet Honda rep.
    I don't woek for them, but have been to their auto amll. Good luck.
    NORTSR
  • raejuneraejune Member Posts: 8
    07 Honda CRV EXL 2WD$25,395.00
    Taxes (VIT/Sales)$1640.52 (A good trade will reduce this amount)
    License / Title / Inspection $127.05
    Doc fees $50.00
    OTD$27,212.57

Is it a good deal or not?
  • ramleramle Member Posts: 10
    Doesn’t sound like a good deal. Looks like MSRP price. You should be able to get one at $500-600 over invoice.

"07 Honda CRV EXL 2WD$25,395.00 "
  • raejuneraejune Member Posts: 8
    Thanks,ramle. This is the first quote I got.
    07 Honda CRV EXL 2WD$25,395.00 sounds very good deal. Where is the dealer. I live in Austin, TX.
  • socalmom1socalmom1 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone recently negotiated a great price in Southern California for an CR-V EX-L? Am looking and would appreciate any leads on great deals.

Thanks!!! :)
  • larcredlarcred Member Posts: 7
    I paid $26,000 plus tax & license for my 2007 CRV EX-L with Navigation on July 28 at Honda World in Downey. I dealt with Carlos 562-929-7000. They were very nice to deal with and I was in and out of there in about 1 hour 10 minutes. Even gave me a full tank of gas!
  • crvme3crvme3 Member Posts: 140
    Paid $24.6 plus T&L way back in Dec. for 2007 CR-V EXL 2WD NO NAVIGATION at Scott Robinson Honda in Torrance Calif.
  • yysetiadyyysetiady Member Posts: 2
    Just bought 2 wks ago
    Dealer: Boch Honda, Norwood
    CRV-EXL 4WD
    Green tea color
    Paid at invoice price (24767)
    5% MA Sales tax
    Doc fee 298
    title 86
    with trade in 2003 Toyota CAMRY 11,200
    Got 6.2% 5yrs finance from Honda

took 3-4 hrs in total to get the deal signed.
    The finance people are not nice...they became rude when we politely rejected the offer on extended warranty.
  • jerseyshopjerseyshop Member Posts: 17
    Looking for a 2007 crv ex-l 4wd in central NJ - dealers close to here are Route 22 Honda, Madison Honda, a few others. Should I be looking for a few hundred above invoice, or since model year is ending could I end up below invoice?? Willing to wait a few weeks.
    Thanks.
  • netuse1702netuse1702 Member Posts: 2
    Hi I just bought a new 2007 CR-V in Minnesota.. here is what i paid. Is it a Good deal???

2007 Honda CRV EX 4WD ( Silver Metalic)
    MSRP-$24,645
    e-Price-$23,221
    Tax-$1509.36 (MN)
    License-$319
    Doc&Trans-$86.25
    Total-$25,135.61

Thanks
    Chris
  • netuse1702netuse1702 Member Posts: 2
    Hi I just bought a new 2007 CR-V in Minnesota.. here is what i paid. Is it a Good deal???

2007 Honda CRV EX 4WD ( Silver Metalic)
    MSRP-$24,645
    e-Price-$23,221
    Tax-$1509.36 (MN)
    License-$319
    Doc&Trans-$86.25
    Total-$25,135.61
  • wongw1wongw1 Member Posts: 2
    Was it a 2WD or 4WD for your $26,000 purchase?
  • leasearav4leasearav4 Member Posts: 15
    Can someone please offer insight into a good range (sales price) for a one of these cars in Illinois (chgo area)? Should I be aiming for 200-1000 over invoice? Also, does that figure include TTL, destination, all fees etc? or is the actuall selling price I am looking for 200ish over Invoice then + TTL, etc?

Thank you.
  • leasearav4leasearav4 Member Posts: 15
    I am really confused. I just ran a comparison on edmonds.com using the buy versus lease calculator for the CRV EX 2WD. How can it be cheaper to lease, almost 100 bucks a month? Here is the info:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/honda/crv/100808885/calculator.html

The lease payment seems so high. Is it because I am in Illinois and getting taxed?
  • julopjulop Member Posts: 4
    Yesterday bought in Northern CA my EX-L, 4WD, silver/black leather, no add ons, with dealer throwing in wheel locks for :) $24.000,-, out of the door total was $27.042,- :D
  • sky23213sky23213 Member Posts: 300
    I looked at it in Richfield, MN where the sales person was very aggressive to push me to buy one at the spot.

Don't go there. It was my experience, as well as the opinion of others from the Twin Cities, that this is the worst Honda Dealership in the metro area. Try any of the Luther dealerships (Hopkins Honda or the one in Brooklyn Park).

Details of our opinions/experience is shared in the discussion
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f10e20f!make=Honda&model=CR-V&ed_m- akeindex=.f10e20f
  • natenj1971natenj1971 Member Posts: 174
    How does $24,872.00 for an AWD EXL CRV sound? Located in NNJ - this is before tax & destination.
  • aboveabove Member Posts: 1
    Can you share with us which dealer you got this price? Is it cash price or loan price? Thanks!
  • bkirby02bkirby02 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a 07 Honda CRV - EX 4 WD within the next week of so. I know that supply is limited as it's that time of year. Any advice on which dealers in the Greater Cincinnati area or internet, that offer the most competitively priced CRV's would be greatly appreciated.
  • cp999cp999 Member Posts: 13
    The price seems good considering that quite a few people here had said that they couldn't get much below MSRP in the NY/NJ metro area. Which dealer is that? Thanks.
  • julopjulop Member Posts: 4
    Mine EX-L, AWD in silver and black leather was $24.599,- including destination fee ($595). And dealer had installed wheel locks that were free with the car. I bought it in Fremont, CA AutoWest Honda. First got this quote from Livermore Honda and Fremont matched it and threw in the locks. They did not ask about financing when they quoted the price and afterwards I paid with cash, no problem there. ;);):D
    Just bought a Honda CR-V EX-L in OC Southern California (No NAVI). Price paid was $23,600, which was the best price I was able to find with internet quotes. Dealer had every color in stock with large supply.
  • naborsnabors Member Posts: 26
    I live in the SFV in LA County and am looking for the same vehicle. Could you post what dealer you purchased the EX-L from and, if possible, who you dealt with?

Thanks very much!
  • raleighmattraleighmatt Member Posts: 6
    Last week I bought a glacier blue 2WD EX-L with navigation for $26,800 including everything (taxes, tags, etc). The only thing I paid above that was fog lights which I added after we agreed on the price.

I live in Durham, NC but went out of town about 25 miles because none of the Honda dealers in Raleigh or Durham will negotiate so I say screw them.
    this quote is from DCH in Paramus. Once I contacted them I was told there was an additional $199 doc fee and of course $24,873 does not include destination. Similiar numbers from other dealers in the area. Lots are full so maybe some wiggle room.

Thanks!
  • larcredlarcred Member Posts: 7
    I bought mine at Honda World in Downey (5 & 605 freeways) I paid $28,500 out the door and thought it was a good price. That was on July 28 and I am very happy with the CRV. I am absolutely amazed at all the commands the system understands from changing the map direction, ask it what time is it, change cd and track #...it's wonderful!~
  • anindya_72anindya_72 Member Posts: 4
    I am also planning to buy a LX 4WD- CRV in NJ/NY/CT area. Did you buy the car and if yes at what OTD ?
  • anindya_72anindya_72 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    What is the name of the dealer you bought it ? I live in NJ and looking for a CRV as well.
    I purchased my CR-V at Hardin Honda in Anaheim, and dealt with Odette in internet sales to negotiate a price before I walked in the door. They honored the negotiated price ($23,600 for EX-L without NAVI) and had every color in stock. They appear to be a large volume dealer, so this is a plus. If you live in SFV, it may be worth your while to travel to Anaheim to pick up this car (they are near the 57/91 interchange). I recommend that you negotiate the price first with Odette or Connie before you arrive. I tried to see if other area dealers both in Northern and Southern California would match or beat this price, but without luck. Other area dealers also appeared to have a smaller inventory in stock. Good luck, Nabors! Let me know how it works out!
  • aerosnowaerosnow Member Posts: 13
    Paragon Honda

CR-V LX 4WD $24,000 out the door

Saccuci Honda (online)

8 Years 100K $885

Rain Water 8/8/07 3'+ Totalled

Geico - $23,500

Paragon Offered me a second LX $23,500 out the door.
  • happyfpgahappyfpga Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a EX AWD, OTD is $25,300 including roof rack.
  • usc_chickusc_chick Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a royal pearl blue EX 2WD at Honda of Hollywood in Los Angeles.

Out the door price: $22,002 including TTL

I was returning a leased 2004 Civic EX. I don't know if this is a good price or not. I know I got some sort of credit for keeping the miles low on the Civic.

I decided to purchase the CRV instead of leasing because I didn't want to have to worry about miles any more.
  • crimsonskycrimsonsky Member Posts: 1
    The lowest quote, I was able to get from different dealers in colorado ( via internet sales) for 2007 Honda CRV LX AWD (Green Tea color) was US$21,200. Dealer fees of US$399/- is to be added to this with taxes ( 8.6%). In Colorado, title and registration is not done at the dealer and is extra at the DMV. The total price is :

21,200+0.086*21200+399+560(TTL)=US$ 23,983.

Is this a good price? Has anyone is colorado tried to negotiate on the dealer fees of US$399? :confuse:
  • zswxzswx Member Posts: 55
    Hi can you tell me your base price including destination but before TTL? If you didn't have the trade-in, what price do you think the dealer would accept instead? Thanks!
  • naborsnabors Member Posts: 26
    I live in the SFV and looking for a EX-L. Who did you deal with at Honda Hollywood? How painful was the process?
  • quest4suvquest4suv Member Posts: 12
    I just bought a CR-V EX 4WD with roof racks and paid $24,817.91 OTD.
    It was a great experience and was purchased at Crown Motors Honda in Holland, Michigan!!!
    Emailed six dealers in NNJ. Made the deal with Joyce Honda in Denville NJ.

2007 EXL AWD CRV (Silver w/blk leather interior)
    $25,000 Sell Price (includes destination)
    $185 Doc Fee
    $7.50 Tire Tax

Didn't think they would take my old car on trade so never brought it up. After getting this price they asked if there would be a trade. Gave it a shot. Got a lot more for the trade then I ever expected so signed right there. Brought the price down to $22,000 before taxes (which are 7% in bergen county NJ) and of course those unavoidable DMV charges.

Three other dealers responded with prices $25,489 - $25,976 plus dealer fees ($199). Would not negotiate (at all!). Joyce Internet manager emailed me at 5pm, got to the dealer at 7pm, closed deal at 7:30pm. They were professional and kept everything simple. Highly recommend dealing with the internet manager. They offered lots of extras (extended warranty, scotch guard etc) but accepted "no thanks" without pressure.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    raleighmatt,

I'm in Raleigh as well, and have found the same non-negotiation attitude in past years with the local dealers. Which out of town dealership did you go to? I'm probably going to go to DC area for next Honda purchase.