Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• usc_chickusc_chick Member Posts: 5
    The sales reps are extremely helpful and courteous; not rudely aggressive at all.

I think the key is to go in during the week. I went in on a Tuesday (only 2 other buyers there), test drove the car, told the rep I was interested but had to go home and think about it. I went back the next day and had the deal in less than 90 minutes (most of the negotiation related to the lease end).

The process wasn't that bad. I've dealt with dealerships on the East Coast and had to work much harder.

This forum doesn't permit naming sales reps, but the way Honda of Hollywood works is that the sales rep shows you the car, but the managers deal with the financial negotiation.
    The base price was $19,990; they waived the destination.
    Without the trade in, they would have accepted a base price of $22,300.

Good luck!
  • kenneth813kenneth813 Member Posts: 38
    I am so confuse that you said your OTD price was $22,002 (include TTL)and now you said the base price is $22,300, I am wondering which one is the real OTD price.
    Also are you sure your model is 2007 EX 2WD? Because the Invoice base price is $21,251 plus Destination $595, if what you say is true(The base price was $19,990; they waived the destination.), that's mean you got $1,856 under Invoice price, it is really good deal.
    Sorry to confuse you. The best base price that the dealer offered was $22,300 without a trade in.

The base price I ended up paying with my trade in was $19,990. This brought my OTD price with trade in to $22,002.

If I had not had a trade in, I would have paid $22,300 plus 8.25% tax plus $210 license fees and $8.75 tire fees (OTD price of around $24,360).

My car is DEFINITELY a 2007 EX 2WD.

The more people I talk to the better I realize my deal is.

I noticed some people have mentioned sales people's names, so here are the people I dealt with: Peter showed me the car on the first day and Karim sold me the car on the second day.
  • tjxtjx Member Posts: 32
    I notice my local dealers now have 2007 CRV's with a Continental 4x4 Contact 225/65R17 on some of their EX-L models. Can anyone advise me if this tire is better than the Bridgestone on some EX's? If you have the choice of either tire on the same model which one would you choose??

Thanks in advance for anyone's advice.
  • grngardn1grngardn1 Member Posts: 3
    Ok, please help and bear with me...I have been lurking but really don't understand some things....So, here we go....I sent out requests for the CRV 2WD EXL and received my first one back. It says they can price it at $24,615 with the Honda protection package (wheel locks, cargo tray, and mud guards) also include protection package interior and exterior with a 5 year warranty. This doesn't sound to good to me. I would assume that I need then to pay taxes, title and license fee right? When some one on the board prices OTD is that inclusive of everything - including taxes title and license? Sorry to be so winded just trying to make sense of everything. Oh, what about the 2008 are they here or when will they be here? I didn't see any today on the lot. Thanks in adance for the help :)
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    OTD is short for out the door so yes that should be the drive out price. When you requested the quotes did you specify you wanted an out the door price? If not more than likely it will just be the price of the vehicle plus tax, title and license for your area. You can use the financial calculator on Edmund's to get a rough idea what the drive out price will be. Don't think the 2008's have been shipped out yet to dealerships.
  • sam112233sam112233 Member Posts: 31
    My friend was about to buy CR-V. As he was doing his research, he found this funny thing as He told me " After Unveiling CR-V, Honda Spokeswomen said it is specially designed for the Women with 1 child and will be helpful while shop groceries." Is this true??? :confuse:

My friend is now confused :confuse: as he is male. What would you suggest to him? :confuse:

He has quote about $29101.00 OTD for CR-V EX-L Nav. Is this the best offer he can get? :confuse:
  • newsuvbuyernewsuvbuyer Member Posts: 12
    Hey Car_man,
    You saved me lots of $$ when I leased my Honda minivan back in December. Please help me again - can let me know the current lease details for the CRV (residual and money factor). Hope to save some money again!

Thanks.
  • asearchasearch Member Posts: 20
    Hello natenj1971,

Can you provide the sales manager's contact? That's all the fees right? What did they offer you other then the extended warranty, scotch guard? Thanks!!!

It'll be great if I can buy from them since I am sooooo close to their dealer. I have been there in July. The price was still high. OTD was around $28300. The selling price was a lot higher at that time. Seems like the price has drop a lot maybe because the new model is coming.

Thanks! :)
  • zswxzswx Member Posts: 55
    People on this board mentioned before that it is easy to get CR-V's at invoice from CA dealers. In your case, your real price is 22,300, and invoice is 21,846 (edmunds.com). You are paying slightly more than invoice. Did anyone do better than this?
  • natenj1971natenj1971 Member Posts: 174
    Hi Asearch,

I can't give exact names - as per the rules of the carspace site...but I can tell you the guys name if you email me at my yahoo address: natenj1971.

The extras offered included insurance - if you scratch a rim etc you can get a new rim, vin etching in the glass, nothing new. They didn't push accessories at all.

Everything was done through email. It was an extremly pleasant experience.

Hello natenj1971,

Can you provide the sales manager's contact? That's all the fees right? What did they offer you other then the extended warranty, scotch guard? Thanks!!!

It'll be great if I can buy from them since I am sooooo close to their dealer. I have been there in July. The price was still high. OTD was around $28300. The selling price was a lot higher at that time. Seems like the price has drop a lot maybe because the new model is coming.

Thanks! :)
  • larcredlarcred Member Posts: 7
    While I was doing research before I bought my CRV on July 28 I read a review somewhere that said something similar to what your friend read. As I recall it was just saying that with the new design with the tailgate lifting up instead of from the side and other changes that it was very easy for a mom & kid(s) to run around in. I don't think that takes away from a guy driving it as I am also male and bought it. I love the car! Tell your friend if he likes it and has test drove it and still likes it buy it & don't worry about what one reviewer had to say. I'm going to put the roof rack, mud flaps on the front tires and the spoiler or whatever they call it on the back to make it look more sporty and more "manly" if you will. All of my friends & fellow workers are "wowed" with the CRV. I got the 2wd with Navigation in Tango Red Pearl so it makes quite a statement! :D
    Hello natenj1971,

I've emailed you. Please read. Thanks!!! :)
  • shrewdshrewd Member Posts: 1
    We bought CR-V LX 2WD for my wife (mostly) in late December 2006 from Holmes Honda (Shreveport, Louisiana). Paid $500 less MSRP. There were just two CR-Vs on their lot at that time, black and white, colors which we dislike. We were lucky to get silver one with black interior which they drove from a dealership in Arkansas. We've been extremely satisfied with the car. I can tell only good words about our buying experience (absolutely no pressure)and services HolmesHonda dealership provides. There is much better selection of colors and styles now. I'm sure if you can negotiate you can get much better deal now, especially if English is your mother's tongue. :) Based on our experience with this good car one of our friends recently bought CR-V too, another friend considers buying it.
    By the way last week I bought 2007 Civic LX Sedan AT from the same dealership for $16994+TTL (it's close to invoice price). This one is for myself.
  • sam112233sam112233 Member Posts: 31
    Thanks so much to explain this. My friend would certainly like to hear this comments. :)
    Price OTD $26,200 all inclusive bottom line. Is that a good deal?
  • iluvfriedfoodiluvfriedfood Member Posts: 3
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thank you to everyone who has posted their prices on this forum. I just picked up my Honda CRV 2WD EXL (made in Japan) last night from O’Donnell Honda in Ellicott City, MD.

Here is what I paid for a stock vehicle without any dealer add-ons:
    - $23,700 (includes $595 freight charge)
    - $99 – dealer processing charge
    - $195 – Maryland tags
    - $1189 – tax (MD is 5%)
    - $25,183 - OTD price

Because of all the great advice on the board, I knew what I should be paying for this car. I called Joe Ski from Heritage Honda (in Westminster, MD) who has been recommended a few times on this forum. He was helpful, genial, and most importantly gave me the $23,700 on my first phone call to him. I was thrilled! But he did not have my color in stock. It would take 16 days for the car to arrive which he was upfront about. I couldn’t have asked for a better first phone call.

After locking in a verbal commitment from Joe, I called some other Honda dealerships in the DC area and some were prone to play games saying they had the CRV on the lot when in fact they did not. Apparently, cars can be acquired/transferred from dealer to dealer but there seems to be a cost associated with it (I’m not 100% sure about this), which may result in a higher final price as that cost will be passed along to you, the buyer. Also, it should be noted that 2WDs are somewhat difficult to find in Black (EX-L) the DC area. At the time of my purchase, there were only 2 confirmed black 2WD, EX-Ls in the entire DC region. Based on my experience, it seems that 90% of the CRV’s in DC are 4WD.

One dealership that had an EX-L in black was O’Donnell Honda. I called them and told a salesman (Matt Menzler) the price that I was quoted by Heritage. He called me back in 5 mins and said they would match if I came in that night (Friday). I did. Unfortunately, my credit union’s loan department closed before I got to the dealer so I could not finalize the paperwork that Friday night and picked up the car yesterday (Tuesday). Matt was very accommodating and gave me a couple options that would allow me to take the car home on Friday but being the conservative person that I am, I wanted to wait until I had the actual check from my credit union to complete the sale. In total, I spent about an hour at the dealership which was admittedly, very pleasant. To his credit, Matt got me in and out in a jiffy and most importantly, made things easy for me, the customer. No pressure to get any dealer add-ons or warranties, no games or surprises, and no nonsense. In my opinion, car buying should not be stressful and mine wasn’t.

Things I learned from my car buying process:
    - Don’t fall in love with the car before you buy it (easy to say, hard to do). It makes it difficult to negotiate or wait to make your purchase.
    - Wait for the hype to die down if it is a popular car and you want to pay a lower price….it always does, especially when the following year’s model arrives.
    - Know what you want. I knew what I wanted, how much I wanted to pay for it, had financing in place, and just needed to find someone with my car in stock. This makes the buying process much easier.
    - If you are getting financing (my rate was 5.49% for 72 months), make sure your bank is open at the time you complete the transaction.
    - I am sell for a living (not cars mind you) and in my profession, as with any profession, there are good eggs and bad eggs. A bad egg is not a salesperson who doesn’t want to meet my lowball offer and a good egg is not one who does. My definition of a good salesperson is someone who tells me what to expect and either meets that expectation or exceeds it. Joe and Matt are two good eggs.
    - It’s sweet to own a car like the CRV. It’s even sweeter when you get a great price on it!
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I need to buy a new 2007 Honda CR-V automatic in the Sacramento Region. Could anyone please tell me what is the lowest price I can get on a CR-V LX and EX? Thanks!
    I just bought a 2WD CRV EXL (no navi) and wrote out in detail what I paid for it. You should break out your costs and compare them against what you find on this board. A good deal is a matter of opinion and your financial resiliance. Remember that taxes and tags are different in every state so you don't want to compare OTD pricing, you want to compare your sales price which may (or may not) include the freight or destination charge ($595). Hope that helps.
  • zswxzswx Member Posts: 55
    Thanks for sharing your experience! Did you open the credit union check right before you headed for the dealer?

Actually, my credit union's check is valid for a month, and can be re-issued easily. So I would just open one and then search for the car.

Btw, how would $23,700 (includes $595 freight charge) compare to the invoice?
    Purchased CRV EXL 2WD No Navigation:
    $23,949.56
    Includes Destination Charge and Mud Flaps, Cargo Mats and Floor Mats and Pin Striping.
    $349.50 Processing Fee (this is where I think I messsed up - on this line)
    72.90 Business Tax
    Total Sales Price $24,371.66
    Sales Tax $1750.04
    Tag and Title Fee 42.00 (New Plates)
    Total OTD $26,200.00

Car was scarce in Royal Blue in Chattanooga area - it is nice :P .
    Hope it helps someone.
  • alf123alf123 Member Posts: 1
    Could anyone please post the latest prices for CRV EX 4WD in NY? Tax, Dest. Charge, DMV and processing fee?
  • jeffersonjefferson Member Posts: 3
    If you're still looking... In April I bought my CR-V EX-L in Rochester, MN. Suppplies were limited then in the Twin Cities, so I thought I was lucky to find the color I wanted. I had emailed local dealers. Best price, and availability, was in Rochester. Internet sales person was a dream to work with. A real no-pressure deal. Price $25,495 plus TTL.
  • rainingdayrainingday Member Posts: 6
    I am trying to buy a Honda CRV EX 2WD. I tried to quote from various internet department of honda dealer around Gainesville, FL. The lowest price I can get is 23932.25 including tax (6.25%),new tag, title and all other fees.
    I am still struggling if I should accept the price.
    Please Help, is this a good price?
  • wizkid2wizkid2 Member Posts: 1
    Got my new CRV 4WD EX-L Navi at 27,200 + TTL today at Kirkland, WA. Total OTD was 29,900.
  • smartshopper4smartshopper4 Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone able to purchase 2007 CR-V below invoice?
  • dkw123dkw123 Member Posts: 5
    I am a happy new owner of a 2007 CRV 4WD EX - silver with black interior. The Invoice price is $22364, and we got the dealership to do $22200 including the appearance package (which was already on the car, oh well...), mud guards, wheel locks, fog lights, all season mats and 4 free oil changes. (we had to work hard on getting the fog lights and all season mats!)... +tags, destination fee, title, taxes, our out the door price was $24250. What do you guys think -- is this a good deal considering its a 4WD and we got the accessories we wanted?
  • rainingdayrainingday Member Posts: 6
    WOW, that is really great price. Do you have trade in? The best price I can get for EX 2WD is 23932.25 out of door. How and where did you get it? Thanks!
    I'm in MD, and I called every dealer in the area and no one could come close to the price at Jim Coleman Honda. I did not have a trade in. I think we got really lucky, b/c I was pushing for a black with black interior EX 4WD, but when we were about 5 mins away from the dealership, I got a call from the person we were working with and he said it just sold. We went there anyways and rather than waiting for a black on black to show up, I "reluctantly" agreed to consider a silver one that was in stock. I think that helped. We had to go back and forth for about an hour and a half, but finally we agreed on what we got -- I feel like we got a good deal, and worth the $$ to forgo the black exterior. Good luck!
  • julopjulop Member Posts: 4
    Yes, we did buy below invoice. 2007, EX-L, AWD, silver/black leather for $24.000. In Northern California. And got wheel locks for free with it. No financing, cold cash. Very happy with it.
  • gyurisgyuris Member Posts: 2
    Bought brand new Glacier Blue 2007 CR-V today at:

Spreen Honda, Loma Linda, CA 92354

Base Price = $19,329.05
    Doc Prep = $55.oo
    Sales Tax = $1,502.26
    Lic Fee = 125.oo
    Reg Fee = 63.oo
    CA Tire Fees = 8.75
    :)
    Total Out the Door = $21,093.06
  • mb6986mb6986 Member Posts: 30
    Folks,

I am in the process of relocating from the East Coast to the West Coast. I have a '05 CR-V that I don't necessary want to ship over at a cost of over $1000. Is there a way to trade-in the CR-V at a dealership here and pickup/purchase a new ride from a new car dealership in the same chain over there? Selling it outright to a dealership won't give me the tax benefit of a trade-in/purchase transaction. Selling it to a private party isn't something I have done before and don't know if I want to deal with the hassle. Thanks in advance for any insight.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    You still haven't said if you had a trade-in!!! There is a BIG difference when someone says they purchased for "below invoice" and then the trade-in was low balled. The 'prices paid" forum should have some rules as to MSRP, INVOICE PRICE,was there a trade-in, how much for the trade-in, etc.I have read on a lot of the other Edmunds forums of how people claim they got Xmobile for XXXX but then never state that there was a trade-in and they never state what they received for the trade-in and THAT makes up for a lot of the "UNDER INVOICE" prices that people claim they received.
    The Honda dealers have already placed their 2008 CRV orders for arrival in November, so they should be trying to get rid of the 2007 CRV's. There are a lot of factors involved in "Price paid".
    Nortsr1 --

Its in my last reply -- No, I did not have a trade in. Yeah, I know that they fudge the numbers if you have a trade-in, but I kept my old car.
    Sorry, I missed that part of your post. You got the best deal I ever heard of for a Honda CRV. Congrats....
    NORTSR :)
    Thanks!! It makes me very happy to hear that! The car buying business can be tricky sometimes, and it makes you always wonder whether you could do better :)
  • newcrvbuyernewcrvbuyer Member Posts: 2
    After making the decision to buy a new CRV I had all summer to research area pricing before turning in our leased Dodge. I found a deal about 50 minutes north of the city that beat the D.C. are dealer prices by at least $1200. The dealership is Heritage Honda of Westminster. The sales guy was an honest, straight shooter who delivered on every item. This may sound like a plant but its not.I found this dealer through some other favorable posts on this forum and wanted to add further validation. You want to find a gentlemman of Polish extraction whose last name is derivitive of a popular winter recreation sport! Here was my deal. I had no trade and had already secured outside financing. A Tango Red '07 CRV EX-L AWD for $24,700 plus $261.00 for optional installed roof rack w/ cross ties,$99 processing fee, 5% Maryland tax ($1253) and taxes and tags at $195 for an all in OTD price of $26,508. He threw in mudguards and wheel locks. The transaction was actually enjoyable and took less than 40 minutes, including the standard 'aftermarket' product yak. We couldn't be happier with both the car and its acquisition. Happy Hunting!
    Great post. That's the way all the 'prices paid' posts should be. Very easy to understand.According to Edmunds, you got that CRV for approx. 600.00 over invoice. I could not find the prices for the roof rack.
    Good luck with your new CRV.
  • fernhillfernhill Member Posts: 17
    Here is what I have from Sloane Honda in Phila PA. So far it has been a frustrating experience. Based on the numbers THEY gave me I am calculating a monthly lease payment of $339 a month for a 32 month, 12,000 mile lease (lease through Hann bank for those people with good credit (according to the dealer)). My calculation is based on the lease calculation formula found on Edmunds. The dealer is coming up with $369 a month and supposedly can't tell me how their number is dervived until I say I am ok with the numbers - anyone ever hear of that????

They also want $1,200 out of pocket (first months payment, tags, fees and some additional monies - we told them no additional money out of pocket - apparently the didn;t hear that) They wouldn't provide details on how the $1,200 was calculated either.

Here are the details. MSRP 24,685, selling price $23,658, residual 70% or 17,279.50, money factor .00275 or 6.6%, 32 months (12,000 miles) NO TRADE IN. The $339 monthly lease payment I calculated also includes 9% tax.

I am sticking to my guns and walked out of the dealer today (did receive a phone call this afternoon). It seems like they are just trying to hide additional profit - I gave them my calculation - even calculated it in front of them. Until they get me complete details on their numbers I am not signing anything.

Thoughts?
  • saprissa1saprissa1 Member Posts: 4
    Just to let everyone know, today I purchased a 2007 CRV EX-L w/ Navigation. This is the 4WD model. Below are the terms.

MSRP - $28,595 (including destination)
    Invoice - $26,622 (incl destination)
    Accessories - mud guards & wheel locks
    Sale Price - $27,105

"Nortsr1" brings up a good point on the trade-in value. I think I was undercut there by about $500. They really didn't want me to keep the car and try to sell on Craigslist. So I do think they are trying to "make up ground" with the trade-in. But all in all I'm still pleased with the terms.

For those who live in the Pacific Northwest, I'll post my comments on the various dealerships I worked with in the
    Which Honda dealerships were the best ones or the worst ones to work with? forum.
  • saprissa1saprissa1 Member Posts: 4
    I forgot to mention one thing in the post above. The final sale price also included tax, title and registration. I was surprised that could be rolled into the loan, but I didn't complain.
    My credit union actually Fedex'ed the check to me. If I recall, that loan would have been available for 30 days. I did it opposite where I found the car I wanted and called my credit union for financing (took about 15 mins).

According to my research invoice is $23,059. If you exclude the freight charge of $595, I got mine for $46 over invoice.

Take this next information with a grain of salt. When I was calling different dealers to find my black CRV, I stumbled upon a sales rep who said that every Honda car has a 2% dealer holdback - including the CRV, though I couldn't corroborate that information anywhere. But what would he have to gain in telling me that? But I just read a post about another DC CRV buyer that was able to buy his car under invoice without any trade in. Looks like future buyers (at the least the smart ones) should negotiate for a portion of that.

I don't think anyone posted this on here but you get 3 months of XM radio for free when you buy a CRV!! My wife really loves the car. I gotta admit, it's a fun little CRV.
    Hell iluvfriendfood,

How to get the 3 months free XM radio? Did the local dealer offer it or Honda? Thanks!!
    Thanks natenj1971 :) !!

I stopped by the dealer today, 1.5 hours walked in and out. I got almost the same deal like yours, but paid $100 for the color I like. I have to wait a few days and put the deposit on credit card.

I tried to have my old car trade in, but the price wasn't good so I decided to sell it myself.

I am happy with this deal, the car, the color... I am so happy.

EXL AWD, Glacier Bule:

selling price $25100 (If it's a car in stock, it's $25000)
    NJ tax 7%
    doc fee $185
    tire tax $7.5
    Cross bars + install $289

Thanks a lot for your help!!!
    fernhill: there is a lease info forum on the Edmunds site that might be able to help you ascertain your best deal on a lease.
    NORTSR
  • newcrvbuyernewcrvbuyer Member Posts: 2
    I got the 3 mons free XM satelite radio on my CRV purchase. It came as a standard inclusion in the EX-L package. I'm sure it is a Honda arrangement with XM and has nothing to do with the dealer. I figured we'd scrap the service after the 3 mons but it is pretty addictive....
  • stakeoutstakeout Member Posts: 173
    if you are not aware.. there is a Federal law that states the dealership MUST give you in writing all details of the lease quote when you ask for one..breaking the quote info down.... MOST... that's ALL reputable dealers ...will do so without your even asking

I'd walk swiftly away from that dealership..in other words ..'beat feet'... but I can assure you I'd first ask to speak with the general manager.. tell him what transpired.. if he still doesn't give you the answers advise him you'll be reporting this to Honda and the proper authorities.. better yet.. run don't walk outta there... they are crooks
  • stakeoutstakeout Member Posts: 173
    having had XM in 5 previous GM vehicles for both my wife and I... also have it in my wife's current vehicle an '06 Pilot..

as far as I know every XM installed in new cars comes with a FREE first-3 months subsciption... BTW.. if you have a 2nd car with XM or just want to have an additional XM portable unit.. it comes under the 'family plan' only charging you an additional 6.99 per activated XM radio in addition to the 1st one.. the limit is 5 total under this family plan..
    http://xmradio.com/whatisxm/plans-pricing.xmc

you can also access XM-online for Free if you are signed up and have an account..

no commercials .. so we love it.. well worth it for us..
  • vance07vance07 Member Posts: 1
    Asearch did your price of 25100 include destination? Please email me