Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• anextra1anextra1 Member Posts: 5
    I was told this by a socal dealer, but they said it was only good for the weekend.
  • lukeRTlukeRT Member Posts: 2
    Purchased 2008 CRV EX today in Bellevue, NE
    MSRP: $24820
    Invoice: $23142
    Internet Price: $22158
    OTD (- TTL): $22000
    Very, very, very satisfied with the transaction. :shades:
  • dean818dean818 Member Posts: 1
    i read honda sales were down 35% in December. Does anyone know of any new incentives being offered in January? I want to by a 2009 CRV-EXL FWD w/Navigation. I recently learned that American Express has a buying service which quoted me $750 under invoice.
  • forthemyraforthemyra Member Posts: 2
    Just made the deal at Sport Honda in Maryland. After all was said and done, I paid $13,200 for it including everything (tax... i paid NY tax 8.25%, TTL, destination charge, processing fees) Got them to throw in a roof rack, splash guards, wheel locks, floor mats, and cargo net. This is of course after I traded in my '06 Civic with 38k. On the paper, it says that I paid $22,000 for the vehicle including destination. Just as a tip... I found when I went in there with the bottom line number I wanted to pay/finance... it kinda threw them for a loop but ended up being the best thing you can do rather then negotiate each price for the new car and for the trade-in.
  • CivicUpgradeCivicUpgrade Member Posts: 12
    Chuckster--

Did you buy at this price? I couldn't make it back to CA this weekend- now dealer says the price might be $24K. Just curious what happened in your case...
  • samuel10samuel10 Member Posts: 3
    hi, pls i wanna buy from the dealer that sold you the CRV 09 2wd lx for 20400OTD. can i hav the address and website? how close is it to baltimore? you really cleared my error of judgement. my e mail is derpson5@yahoo.co.uk. pls reply
    how long
  • chuckster88chuckster88 Member Posts: 5
    Yes I did, I got out the door for 25800. The salesman told me me the same thing about the $1000 cashback for 2008 and $500 cashback for 2009 -- he said its supposed to end yesterday but also mentioned that it might get extended.
  • hondahooplahondahoopla Member Posts: 4
    Is 21,900 a good price on this?
    Was this with or w/o leather seats? Also where are you? I'm in Oklahoma. I got quoted $21,900 today on a 2009 Honda CRV EX 2WD/Cloth Seats. I don't know if that includes destination charges?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    I would try to negotiate it down to $21,500 (dest chg incl) for EX FWD fabric seats
    hi nairbsod, pls send the dealer's name in MD you bought from. i want buy for a friend in baltimore. my e mail:derpson5@yahoo.co.uk
  • juliawithtwojuliawithtwo Member Posts: 3
    This is my first foray into negotiating a price for an 09 CR-V EX-L w/Navigation (2WD).

My local dealer is offering 26,337.00 (factory invoice) + TT&L. Is this a good deal, or how much lower do you think that I can get?

Thank you.
  • kderobertiskderobertis Member Posts: 82
    I think it's best you scroll back the last 3-4 pages, to view what offers people have received from various dealers.

I would say people have received offers from 300 - 1,200 below invoice, with the best offers being received in Illinois and Massachusetts.
    You can probably do better. Right now, with dealer cash being offered by Honda ($500), you can get the same car withOUT navi for between $23,400 and $24,000 (in California). Navi adds about $1700. So it seems logical you should be able to get that car with navi for around $25,700 or lower.

Of course, costs vary from state to state.

A really good site that I got advice from was FightingChance.com. The guy who owns it will even get on the phone with you if you have follow-up questions (if you buy his $85 package).

But you might not need to pay since I just gave you most of the pricing info!

Good luck... I'm hoping to finally buy my CR-V this weekend.

I'm actually gonna buy my own navi system and install it later... saves a lot of money over Honda's system, which I wasn't fond of. Hoping it turns out OK...
  • gy66gy66 Member Posts: 10
    this price should include destination fee at least.
  • blueriverblueriver Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I am in the market for a CRV ...and I just got an email from a dealer about their latest incentive...

Hersons Honda
    15525 Frederick Road
    Rockville MD 2088

Honda just released the following incentives
    good 01/06/09 - 02/02/09.

2009 Civic $500 incentive

2009 Accord 4cyl $750 incentive

2009 Accord V6 $1,000 incentive

2009 Odyssey $1,250 incentive

2009 CR-V $500 incentive

2009 Pilot $1,500 incentive

2009 Ridgeline $2,500 incentive

2009 Element $1,000 incentive

2008 Accord V6 $1,500 incentive

2008 CR-V $1,000 incentive

2008 Element $1,500 incentive

Since 08 got more incentive then 09, I may consider a 08 crv ...

Good luck to you all
    Looking at the deals people made on this forum, seems the financing incentive is more valuable then a cash back incentive, since 1.9% & 3.9% are no longer offered by Honda.

I picked up my CRV on Tuesday, that I purchased over the weekend and people were just walking out of the dealership, since there is no special financing available on any Honda models as of now.
    Hi, Civicupgrade:

Can you share with us your experience with DIY on installing navigation system? where to get that system and how complicated is it to install it?

Thanks in advance
    There are many DVD, Nav system integrated with aftermarket head stereo units. Best place to start is www.crutchfield.com if you buy from them DIY install instructions will ship with shipment and also offer after sale expert phone support and a search feature to find the nearest expert audio installers if you need one.

As for Tomtom and Garmin, they are just plug-n-play NAV, easy as 1-2-3.
  • r2d2_3cpor2d2_3cpo Member Posts: 11
    lukeRT,

Was this for FWD or AWD?

I'm in IA and looking for a good price on an AWD EX-L nearby.
  • lukeRTlukeRT Member Posts: 2
    r2d2 3cpo-

2008 CRV EX AWD.
    Bought it from the Honda dealer in Bellevue, NE.
    We're really pleased with the dealer and the deal. Have bought several Honda's from them and always treated right. But wouldn't you know that there is talk in this forum on $1000 incentives on 08's. May be in place of the 1.9-3.9% financing. Dealt through their internet department with a quick follow-up phone call to offer my final price. Painless! Happy bargaining!
  • ethanwethanw Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just got a quote for LX 4WD base model, 20500 plus docu.fee and tax,seems below invoice price. Just wonder is this really a good deal? thanks in advance.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Thats $500.00 under invoice AFTER the dealer cash has been subtracted. In other words - $1000.00 under invoice. I would say that is a good deal :)
  • pilotbound1pilotbound1 Member Posts: 13
    Any thoughts out there on going from a Pilot ( lease up ) to buying a CRV?
    I love the Pilot, but not crazy about the '09 style, Plus thinking of buying this one?
    Anyone have the expierience of driving both ? Plus or Minus?
    Thanks
    Pilot Bound ...maybe
    I bought it at Bob Howard Honda in Edmond/Okc. It was w/o leather seats-this included destination charges/tinting on the two front windows/& protection package.
    It did
    I have no experience yet-- just a plan! I haven't bought my crv yet. I have talked with folks at Ed and Al's Autosound (google them). I wouldn't know how to install it, so I will likely go with them... not as cheap, obviously. But the system I'm looking at is similar to Ford Sync. Seems 1000x better than Honda. Overall cost around 1200.
  • boo60boo60 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2008 EX AWD in Buffalo, New York last week of December. Picked up the car on New Years Eve. I thought I got a good deal but after reading this post, now I’m not so sure. I paid $22,820 which included the destination fee. The MSRP was $24, 820. It also included a roof rack and mud flaps which added over $300 list price to the car. I think SUVs are a little more expensive in snowy Buffalo which puts them in high demand. The best part was I did finance at 1.9 for 3 years which I was very happy about. I do love the car! Any thoughts?
    Getting a 2009 AWD EX-L and would like to know peoples experience with fog lights. I like how they look but I need to know about functionality.

We have them on our 2008 Highlander and really like them in bad weather and sometimes even at night on dark roads.

How are the fog lights on the CR-V? Do they help with visibility and would you get them again (dealer quoted $425 installed).

Thanks.
    $1200? wow ,that sounds too expensive for me....anyway, thanks.
    r2d2_3cpo,

I just picked up the same car your looking at this week:

2009 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L w/Foglights (Alabaster Silver w/Black Leather).

I live in Long Island, NY and there are many areas where there is no lighting in the streets, so they greatly improve the lighting of the road. My prior 2004 Honda CRV EX, also had dealer installed foglights, so again I highly recommend them.

As for $425 installed, that's a great price, mine worked out to be $500, and I had other dealers quote me when pricing the car up to $695.

thanks , bigdad for all the information.
  • civicshopper08civicshopper08 Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I test drove a 2008 EX-L with Navi (2wd) today in N. California. The dealer has had this particular CRV on the lot since late May 2008 according to the invoice and offered us invoice price but indicated they would come down from there.
    According to dealer websites there seem to be other dealers in our area who also have 2008 CRVs left.

We would appreciate it if others would say what you paid for this model late in 2008 or in the last week or so. They dealer asked us to make an offer. Where would you start?

Thanks!!
    kderobertis,

The benefit of the fog lights on poorly lighted streets or roads is what I was looking for. Sounds like I will be adding them!

Your ride looks nice. Mine will be Taffeta White w/Grey Leather. It was hard to decide between that and Silver w/Grey.

Thanks for your input.

Jack (r2d2_3cpo)
  • dautomdautom Member Posts: 6
    I got an offer for CRV EX 2WD for 21,245 plus fee, OTD would be 23,369, is that the best deal?
  • grparkgrpark Member Posts: 13
    We are looking at a 2008 CRV EX-L. The car is great, but the dealer has added the typical garbage of "Fabric Protection", etc. The dealer is offering 23,300 BEFORE their CR*P (sorry! It kinda ticks me off about their stuff). To me this is average. My thinking is 22,000 as their add on is about $1500. So, this would be a EX-L with the dealer "Fabric Protection" (I have kids, so I have cans of scotch guard here ... wish I knew they were worth $299!) and tinted windows. The "Paint Sealer" is a rip off, but again if he drops 23,300 down to $22,000 that seems fair for me.

So, my qeustions are:
    1. Does this seem fair to me?
    2. Any thoughts on other discounts I might hit the dealer up for?

Thanks for ANY help here!
    Greg
    The 23,300 price would be fair-to-awesome. Lowest I've seen is 23,400 for 2WD EX-L w/o navi. There's no way anyone will sell you an EX-L for 22,000.... though if you find someone, lemme know and I will buy there instantly. You should look for a dealer who sells the car w/o these nonsense options.

I suppose the price they want to sell you the car for is about 24,800?
    I second Civic upgrade's findings in the bay area. I got a 2009 for about 23,400 so if you're looking at a 2008 , subtract another 500 since the dealer gets $1000 (instead of 500) for the so for a 2008, I'm guessing about 22,900 is reasonable
    I also looked at a 2008 EX-L with Navi (before buying a 2009) in Nor cal. The dealer was willing to sell it for 27k out the door (probably could have gone as low as 26.5k... I tried 26k but they wouldn't do it.

hope this helps
  • dimmidimmi Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased this car in Chicago.

Details:

2008 CRV EX-L AWD, Glacial Blue, Grey interior, mud flaps, wheel locks, trunk liner. 0 miles..

Price: $23667
    Doc fee: 151
    plates: 147
    tax 9.25%
    misc: 35

OTD: 26300

picking it up in the morning.

Very happy about the deal.

P.S. I've been lurking on these boards for a while. Hard to decipher. Above format is more helpful, I think.
  • dice4dice4 Member Posts: 9
    09-CR-V EX-L AWD w/nav pricing experiences in washington state.I will be moving back to the states soon. plan on purchasing CRV. price, fees and dealer appreciated.
  • sd_montysd_monty Member Posts: 5
    Purchased last night in San Diego.

2008 CR-V LX AWD, Whistler Silver, black interior, mud flaps, wheel locks, trunk liner, brand new.

Price: $19,800 (including destination)
    Documentation: $55.00
    Tax $1,535.76 (7.75%)
    DMV $212.00
    CA. Tire fee $8.75

OTD: $21,614.59

I had similar offers from dealers in Orange County and LA... I'm pretty sure I could have knocked off at least a few hundred more if I had wanted to travel or be more aggressive in negotiatiating.
  • marvsvmarvsv Member Posts: 15
    I got mine for 23,300 (OTD) last October 2008 with additional free accessories and it is a 4wd. Try to haggle more on the price. :) ps. EX model
    Test drove a 2009 EX-L AWD today that we were ready to buy except it had a noticeable vibration at idle in the steering wheel and some in the seat – mostly in the steering wheel. This occurs after the engine is warmed up and the idle drops to around 750-800 RPM while stopped at a light with foot on the brake in ‘D’. Tried it several times and had the same result. When I put my left foot on the brake and lightly increased the idle to about 900 or 1000 RPM with my right foot it smoothed out.

The salesman said ‘they all do that” and the ‘senior’ service tech said it is a common complaint and it will go away after 1000-2000 miles. Sure. He also indicated that the idle speed is controlled by the computer and can not be adjusted.

I searched this forum and see several complaints by 2007 owners but wondered if this car was a fluke. We drove another one (not the model or color that we want) and it did not vibrate but the idle was higher at around 900 rpm.

I walked away from the deal for now and they will not have another one like it for several weeks. I am not used to a car with vibration at idle. Are others experiencing vibration at idle? If so did it improve with miles?
  • dice4dice4 Member Posts: 9
    Thank you! I have had "fastest selling vehicle on the lot" and "excluding dealer added options" I eliminate those right away. Enjoy your cr-v
    OTD price cannot reflect sale price before Tax, fees and TT&L because different tax rates and other fees. Please post your sale price incl dest but before tax, dealer fee and TT&L.
    I went back today and tried the same 2009 CR-V again. Today was much ‘warmer’ at around 32 degrees. I let it warm up to mid-range on the temp gauge and by then the RPMs had dropped to normal idle range of about 700-800. With the brake on and the car in park there was no noticeable vibration (the Auto Temp control was Off – no A/C compressor running). When it was shifted into ‘D’ there was a noticeable vibration in the seat and steering wheel but I can’t say it was objectionable – just noticeable. Not as smooth as our Toyota Highlander at idle with a V6.

I then went through the exact same procedure with another 2009 CR-V and experienced the exact same vibration. I concluded that the first vehicle I tried is not unique in this situation and that our V6 is smoother at idle because it is a V6 and the inline 4 in the CR-V is just not as smooth due to the engine design.

The idle vibration is not so bad that I can not live with it and maybe (hopefully) it will get better. If not it’s not a deal breaker because I really like everything else about the CR-V. I pick it up next week.

2009 AWD EX-L Silver w/Gray Interior
  • meepermeeper Member Posts: 20
    I just got a quote of $25,600 out the door for a 2009 CR-V EX-L without navi.

Base?= $23,800
    Tax and License = $836 (VA tax and reg)
    Destination= $670
    Processing Fee= $299

And it appears that there are currently no low rate financing deals available....

Is this a good deal? a bad deal? or a mediocre deal?

Thanks.
  • calermcalerm Member Posts: 7
    Hello all:
    I'm interested in finding out what a good deal would be for a 2009 Honda CR-V LX 2WD no additional options or accessories. I live in the Maryland area. I noticed some weeks ago, someone posted an OTD of $20,400 for the same vehicle. Also, if the dealer doesn't have the color I'm interested in in stock, can I put in an order for that color. (tango red). Do they charge extra for that? In advance, thanks for all your assistance.