Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lotto0901lotto0901 Member Posts: 1
    What state do you live in? Here in southern california (Pasadena Honda), i was quoted 22,170 (this includes the destination charge), not including TTL. This is for a regular EX, with no options.
  • jdindcjdindc Member Posts: 2
    Best OTD price I have in hand is 26210. Salesman won't address posts here that contain lower prices (although many not from this area). Can anyone provide their best recent OTD price in the DC area? Many thanks.
  • krooneykrooney Member Posts: 2
    honda of tysons corner....see GM, Mike Walker
  • krooneykrooney Member Posts: 2
    honda of tysons corner, $25,830
  • ramohioramohio Member Posts: 15
    Wow! Are you sure you were quoted $20,312 ???? Mistyped? The AWD EX-L is over $27,000 MSRP, isn't it? I just paid $20,900 + TTL for CRV LX AWD today in Ohio. I thought this was a decent price. The MSRP for LX AWD is $23,115.
  • ramohioramohio Member Posts: 15
    I think that $22170 +TTL is very good for AWD EX.
  • mjopprumjoppru Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for the info.

We were able to pick up an 09 CRV LX- 2wd today.

Vehicle price - $19,504.
    OTD with tax, fees, blah, blah - $21,440.

Vehicle price seems low, but I think they're subsidizing it with significant "paperwork fees". Overall pretty good deal.

Thanks
  • arifshabarifshab Member Posts: 7
    Hello! Thanks for the Update, I am looking for the CRV 2009 EX-L AWD, so far I got 26800 OTD Price. What is the OTD price you got so far.

• arifshabarifshab Member Posts: 7
    Hello!

Could you tell me the Dealer Name, I am in MI. You got Very Very good offer.
    Thanks for the post :)
  • sahm2kgasahm2kga Member Posts: 11
    $350 a month (total payment)
    $0 down- only tax, title, etc.
    3 year lease- 36,000 miles

I thought I negotiated pretty well, but still am not sure. This was our first visit in. I walked out, and told him I needed to think about it.

~*~*~*~*
    Just spoke with a friend who leased her CRV last Feb (2008). She also has an EX- and said her payments are $330 with $0 down.
  • roots549roots549 Member Posts: 2
    I have been web shopping 6 dealers, all within reach of me, No. Cal and Sacramento, CA.

$25,000 OTD, is the best the online sales managers have come up with, without much fight.

This includes everything, destination, TTL, you name it. Two immediately sent this number out, four or five others are at least 1000 more, looking to haggle, I suppose.

Two weeks ago I thought this was a great deal, now I am starting to wonder.

How about some more input, recent, detailed quotes. I need to buy on June 10th.

thanks!!!!
    eric
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    eric

you can offer 22,200 incl destination charge, + tax, license and rgistration + dealer fees.
  • juliebugsjuliebugs Member Posts: 1
    We had a terrible experience at Frank Leta Honda today. Started with talking to the internet manager. Said he'd sell at invoice plus offer dealer cash incentive of up to $1500. Went in ready to buy. They didn't have the model in the colors we were hoping, but did have it in AWD. After a couple hours of negotiation, and me trying to walk out several times, and requesting our keys back for 45 minutes they did not meet our terms. What a waste of time. I had to follow the internet manager back to the office to get our keys and credit card back!!! I felt like a hostage. They offered us another price outside the office door as we were walking out. We had to leave, and were exhausted from the whole experience! After leaving we crunched the numbers and called back a couple hours later. We spoke with the internet manager, and my husband told him our absolute maximum price (what they offered as we were leaving before), and he said to come in. We drive to the dealership for the second time, and once inside are told us they can no longer offer that price!! Not a good experience, and I want others to be aware. STAY AWAY FROM FRANK LETA HONDA IN O'FALLON, MO!!!
    Before you went in the 2nd time you need something black and white to show the offer with detailed breakdown and stock & vin numbers.
    That is a lot better, but still after you came down they always can say they made a mistake and not to honor and switch you to another offer that makes more profit.
  • jpettibonejpettibone Member Posts: 51
    I had a similar, bad experience with an internet salesperson 5 years ago at Frank Leta as well. We had agreed on a price for a CRV EX, but it was not on his lot. It took him a week to get it, and when he got it, it had more equipment than I had agreed to. It was crap like wheel locks, mud flaps, and the cargo tray. It added something like $500 to the price of the car. I yelled and screamed, and I think they took like $100 off. I should have walked away, but I wanted the car, and they got their profit margin back. Later, I found out that they had transfered the car from a dealer that was closer to my home that would have been easier to work with. Don't know if it was the same guy, but they were playing games too.
  • ohbaobeiohbaobei Member Posts: 19
    folks, I have question about the title if i financed the CR-V.

I purchased the car April 11th, and i financed with Chase bank.

i was told actually the car is co-owed by the bank and myself. but also i remembered the dealer told me i will receive a title by mail later. but i did not receive until now.

I want to ask actually how this will be? and will i have a copy of the title?

Thanks!
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    HELLO CUBIESWIN! Wow, what a incredible discount you've got?! Are sure this is right! I am here in Alexandria VA. After shopping around for more than 5 different places, the lowest internet offer i receive is 24,528 + TTL. I am trying to get them to sell it for 25k drive-out price but none of them agree.
    Let me know. Thanks
    Every state is a little different. For Massachusetts, the RMV will hold the title electronically with the record of you and the bank as lien. When you pay in full to the bank, bank will release the lien and notify RMV then RMV will mail you the title in a couple of days. What you have is just the registration showing your name, addr and the lien holder which is the bank.
    20,312 + TTL should be the price of new LX 4WD, not EXL 4WD...
    for the new EXL 4WD the price 24,312 + TTL sounds more right.
  • jdindcjdindc Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to everyone! I'll be quoting this price to my salesman this a.m.
    Below are estimated lowest deals (incl destination charge) re different trims

TRIM // MSRP // PAID
    LX 2WD // 21.7K // 20.0K
    LX 4WD // 23.4K // 21.1K
    EX 2WD // 24.0K // 21.3K
    EX 4WD // 25.3K // 22.7K
    EXL 4WD // 27.7K // 24.4K
    EXL 4WD, NAV // 28.6K // 26.0K
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    folks, I have question about the title if i financed the CR-V.

I purchased the car April 11th, and i financed with Chase bank.

i was told actually the car is co-owed by the bank and myself. but also i remembered the dealer told me i will receive a title by mail later. but i did not receive until now.

I want to ask actually how this will be? and will i have a copy of the title?

Thanks!

State dependant. Read up on DMV regulations for your particular state. There is no national DMV code.
    I just bought the car today :D

msrp 24, 695
    internet price 23,170
    otd (his best offer) 24,664
    otd (my offer) 23,700

what do you guys think? is this a good deal?

thanks
    $0 down
    3 year lease
    $36K miles
    $347.41 a month (including everything)
    Approx. $597 to bring in - he said just the basics: 1st month payment, tax, title, etc.

He based that on $25,365 MSRP
    $23,647 invoice
    (-500 dealer money)
    $23,147 sale price

Residual $15,472 (61%)
    .0025 money factor- which equals 4.9%
    Financed through American Honda

WDYT?
  • roots549roots549 Member Posts: 2
    rich,

I plan on buying next week, in No. California. I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

CRV EX AWD for 23,700 OTD???

That is better than $1000 lower than what I expect to pay, where are you, what dealership did you purchase from?

Thanks
    eric
  • glitch1glitch1 Member Posts: 26
    I seem to be getting around $21K for CRV LX AWD with no options. In normal times, this seems like a decent price. However, it is hard to justify this when some other dealers/manufacturers are selling cars at way under invoice.

Many other manufacturers are giving substantial incentives/rebates, leading to prices several grand below invoice. But Honda prices seem to be holding up.

Is anyone else getting the same impression with Honda? Or do you think there is significant reductions in price we can get from bargaining?
    Many other manufacturers are giving substantial incentives/rebates, leading to prices several grand below invoice. But Honda prices seem to be holding up.

I people are willing to pay the current price, why would Honda lower it?

If you had a business selling widgets, and you sold them for $10 a piece, and you had a line of customers wanting to buy them at $10 apiece. While your competition sold them for $8 a piece. Would you lower the price now, or wait until the customers stopped buying yours, and then lower the price?
    Yea, that's the whole point. When I said Honda's prices are holding up, that is a reflection of the market. Not a complaint, just an observation, and the same observation you have made regarding widgets.
  • sc75188sc75188 Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone have a idea when the prices will be dropping on the CRV's... The 2010's should be coming out soon to make 2009's prices drop.
    Hi Eric! I am in Alexandria, Va. The dealership is Landmark Honda.
    Yes, mine is 23,700 OTD. :) Keep in mind, dealerships will have additional charge(s) to maximize profit. Negotiate on drive-out price and be firm on your decision. Good luck!
    Richard Ng
  • cubbieswincubbieswin Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted a really low price on a Honda CRV EX-L AWD and I posted about it on here. Well, I went to the dealer on Saturday to buy the CRV and the dealer made a mistake and quoted me on the wrong model. The email quote I received clearly specified EX-L AWD.

We did buy the car but it was $24,470 (includes destination) + TTL. I don't remember the final out the door price but it was all standard taxes, etc.
    cubbieswin,
    sorry to hear that. I don't think the dealer made a mistake. It was likely done on purpose, and unfortunately it worked.
    Do not award the Bait And Switch ... you should have walk out as soon as they claimed it was a MISTAKE, and go to the second choice, the backup.
    Does anyone have a idea when the prices will be dropping on the CRV's... The 2010's should be coming out soon to make 2009's prices drop.

After the 2010's hit the road, which is usually middle of September.
    Here is the final offer I got from a dealer. I shopped it at 2 other dealers, and they say there is no way I will get it. WDYT? We are scheduled to go in tonight:

$25,365 MSRP
    Invoice $22,700
    Aquisition Fee $500
    Total Sale Price = $23,300

Bank Rate (through American Honda) = .0025
    Redisual Value 61%
    Total Payment (including tax/finance)= $329.32
    $595 total to close (includes 1st month payment)

Buying me out of my last 3 months payments. (I am on the early bird list- as I currently lease a 2006 Accord).
  • amphytriteamphytrite Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am hunting for a CRV EXL AWD w/o Navi in PA area. I got 2 quotes from the internet manager near by, but both of them were 25400 or more (including destination). However, most of the posts here were around 24400-24800. Is there any trick to negotiate the price with the dealer? What will be a good price for this model?

BTW, will the 500 dealer cash be kicked in again?
    Thanks.
    Wanted to let you all know I got this deal today! :) We brought home our brand new CR-V! No issues at the dealership.

2009 CR-V EX AWD
    $329 (total payment)
    $595 to close (including 1st months payment)

Thank you to everyone who helped me figure out the numbers!! :)

FYI- Honda has an early bird pull ahead program that we qualified for. They will NOT reimburse you for any payments you have already made, so make sure you sign the papers close to your next month's payment due date.
    Did you send out quotes to at least 10 dealers?

Click my name to email me for further info.
  • goinggonegoinggone Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone confirm the June 09 CR-V residuals for a 12k 36 month lease on:
    2wd LX
    2wd EX
    I've seen 61% on a few sites, but the advertised lease special on the Honda site works out to be 60%. I'm about to start working on some dealers, but having accurate numbers will help. Also, the money factor I'm using is .0025, is this still correct?

Thanks.
    On the EX AWD we just bought it was 60% with a money factor of .0025
    Thanks for the response. This is probably the same as the EX 2wd, however, I have seen some differences between LX/EX 2wd/4wd in months past. Hopefully, someone can confirm.
  • hikirtihikirti Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for 2009 CRV EX AWD and my budget is 24500 OTD. I am in bay area. Do you guys think I can get a deal? Also, Anybody knows if there are any specials coming out for 4th JULY.
    Sorry- just double checked it was 61% and .0025
    FYI- I think the invoice is about $22,700 (+ any incentives they have)? Within a couple hundred or so.
    With the lease I just got- I got the sales price at around $22,700 + aquisition fee.
    Did you complete the sale after June 1?
  • thebentmanthebentman Member Posts: 13
    That is exactly what I paid for this model in late April, so yes, I think you can do it. My price was 22,550 plus TTL and I paid cash. If you believe some of the posts on here, people report getting it for closer to 22k and I even saw one guy who said lower. But they don't tell you how they paid, whether they financed through the dealer or got boned on a trade. I think you are targeting a good, reachable deal.

And my wife absolutely loves it, so good luck and let us know how you make out.
  • georgia_girlgeorgia_girl Member Posts: 5
    Hi, my lowest quote so far is 26950 (destination included) in Philly. Does anyone have a quote or purchase for this car that is lower?
  • russharrisrussharris Member Posts: 16
    This past weekend I received a quote from Jersey dealer for a 2009 CR-V 4WD Ex-L for $27,895 which includes 7% NJ Sales tax, dealer costs and $249 MV. I guess they call this out of the door price.

No navigation!
    Too good to be true?
  • netak1netak1 Member Posts: 21
    I'm not sure about that price as I'm not aware of this month's incentives (or lack thereof). But, I was routinely getting quotes for less than that from other NJ dealers. My most recent quote (mid May) was for about $500 under that (out the door). It was, however, even lower than that in February/March......so I'm just holding out for now to see if the prices come down any (and to see what the 2010 looks like!)
  • sc75188sc75188 Member Posts: 12
    Not sure where you live in NJ but route22 honda located in hillside offered my father the same car for $24.5 out the door includes all the fee's......