Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jikjik Member Posts: 144
    chuck

they added 500 initially so they get a figure to calculate the tax and later deducted the 500.

I dont think they should have asked me to pay the tax on that 500!

anyway -- I already feel better. I dont have recent prices but during july I believe I saw someone pay $300 less. B ut that was before c4c surge
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    dealer in az asking for 2010 crv ex for $300 over invoice(22900) with tint only so price is $1000 higher for 2009 as i paid sep1st09....22200 for tint,door edge,mud guard....
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Need price feedback if you bought a 2010 EX FWD in Virginia, Maryland or West Virginia.
    Please state any dealer processing fees separately. Thanks!
  • chuckfromlichuckfromli Member Posts: 249
    Well, enjoy!

It sounds like a very good price. I picked mine up late today, it was about 4 PM when I got out of there. Saleswoman went over so many things, like how to use the blinkers, I told her it was like Drivers Ed again. I only got to take a short trip down to the beach and then I had to pick up my son. I did maybe 15-20 miles today. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'm gonna take it out for a little longer joyride.
  • jikjik Member Posts: 144
    chuck -- congrats ... more details on your purchase price etc.

how long did the process take
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Apologies for not being clearer. I mentioned in my previous post...."I've always been told the rate was 6.99%".....not "I've been told the rates are always 6.99%". I'm sure there are instances there have been lower APRs for the CRV.....I've just "always been told" the current APR was 6.99% and there were no specials whenever I've inquired in the dealership or via email.

Once a salesman said they had an APR special for a few days, but he also stated they were not honoring internet quotes or any other "deals" on the car during that time. So the low APR would be counterbalanced by a higher car price.

When I'm ready, I will have to keep an eye out around quarter end and see if I can get a low APR coupled with a decent deal on the car itself.

No appologies needed. You are right about what you said, I just read it wrong.

If you go to Honda webstie and sign up for specials, you will get e-mails about their offers, such as low APR rates, and lease offers.

When you get those, don't buy into the claim that you can not negotiate the price. Dealers always make up stories about things like that. American Honda Finance Corporation does not really care what you paid for the car, as long as you are making your payments on time. Only dealers care what you paid. Even Honda corporate does not care what you paid for the car. They got their money when they sold the vehicle to the dealer.

So, if you see the lowr APR offer from AHFC, pre-qualify on-line and print out the certificate. Don't show it to the dealer until you have negotiated the price you are comfortable paying. Then, in the finance guy's office, when he tells you the rate, whip it out and catch him in his own lies.

Wait until the 2010 models have been delivered to the dealers, and you should have no problem negotiating a good deal on a 2009 model "left-over." You may be limited in the choice of colors and trims, but you will get the price that way.

Good luck.
  • netak1netak1 Member Posts: 21
    Believe it or not, all my looking around and pricing the CR-V and I never signed up on Honda's website for CR-V alerts! Needless to say I just signed up.....thanks for the tip!! :D
  • motoguy128motoguy128 Member Posts: 146
    keep in mind that a 4% APR right now is about a break even rate (meaning no net profit) rate for a tier I borrower based on the typical risk and loss levels an auto loan presents. Most banks want some profit, except credit unions which are hte only ones offering less than 5%.

The only way to get a better rate is for someone to subsidise the loan. So if you see 2.99, 0% or low rates like that, the auto compacy or dealer is paying hte bank for that low rate.

The other way ot get a low rate, is sometimes a bank will offer a teaser rate with huge penalties for late paymetns or defaulting. they know that a certain percentage will pay late, which will allow them to take you 2.99% up to 12.99% or maybe 15.99%.

Just osemthing ot keep in mind. Money doesn't grow on trees and lending has risks and costs money. How do you think we got inot the mess were in. Fundamentally, loans were not being priced or the rates set appropriate for the level of risk, or the level of risk was being falsely represented.

It's all in statistics. if you know that 5% of your borrowers default and the loss on each loan is $5000 and you're average loan is $20,000, then you'll need $25,000 to cover those losses. So if you charge those 100 people a APR that grosses $5000 profit over the life of the loan each loan, you're gross profit is $500,000. Subtract you internal costs of perhaps $500 per loan, and the net profit is $425,000 on $25,000,000 in loans or a return of just 1.7% on the capital. I'm probably oversimplyfing it. I'm not incudling the cost of money or the fees collected form late payments, but it does explain why you get such low yields on a basic savings account.
    $26,302 for an AWD EX L. One dealer was $107 cheaper, one dealer was $102 cheaper, one dealer was $410 more. Edmunds TMV is around $25,900, but I've never really been able to match their TMV. kbb.com is more accurate I think, I think kbb was around $26,200.

In the end, I went with the closest dealer to my house for the convenience and also because I liked the saleswoman. She was very up front, no B.S. and took her time, explained everything. I tried twice to get her down a little on price, like $100, but her first price was her last price. She has been selling Hondas at that dealership for 21 years, and has two walls full of awards for saleperson of the Month, Salesperson of the Year, etc, etc I think she won just about every year in the '90s.

The first time I saw her it was about a half hour for the test drive and she gave me the price immediately. I went back about 3-4 days later to buy the Royal Blue one and it was sold! She had no more Royal Blue, told me it wasn't worth it for dealership to exchange cars to get me one at the price she gave me. She told me what she had in stock and what was coming in. That visit was about 15 minutes.

I decided to take a week or two to wait for my down payment money to arrive and look around. I kept going back and forth between a pre owned Pilot or 4Runner and a new CRV.

All this time I had some j/o salesman calling me 2-3 times per day for two weeks trying to get me into his dealership. He had the lowest price $26,195, and he had the Royal Blue with grey leather that I wanted, but I just had the feeling that it was going to be a stressful environment between him and the finance guy. That dealership also has very low ratings on Edmunds and dealerrater.com whereas my saleswoman is mentioned, I think it's in Edmunds dealer reviews, by name as being great. Some people bought multiple cars from her. I really didn't want to leave any dealership feeling pissed off and abused.

I picked up the car yesterday. It was as simple and straightforward a deal as I could imagine. Just the purchase price, tax, DMV fees, and $75 for the dealer to get the plates, title etc.I had to meet with the alarm and waranty guy, but even he was OK. The paperwork took maybe 15 minutes and she spent a good 25-30 minutes with me setting radio stations, explaining every switch and button, showing me all the manuals, seat controls, jack, spare tire, everything you could think of.

In the end, I didn't get my first color choice, and I probably overpayed about $100, maybe more, but I left happy. I know myself, and even if I got a better price but felt somehow screwed by another salesperson or dealership, I wouldn't be as happy. It would always be in the back of my mind that they took advantage of me somehow. I'd rather pay the extra hundred or two, and know that everyone at the dealership can make an honest living, as long as it's all above board and the dealership is convenient to me.
  • vkrishnanvkrishnan Member Posts: 3
    I am having a quote from a dealer for Honda CR-V EX-L leather seat with no navigation for 25,100 + tax + title . I live in cleveland , ohio. Is it a good deal or i need to negotiate further?
    Check Edmunds TMV, kbb.com and truecar.com.

I guess that's a FWD? I think it sounds very good, but I'm not sure.
    Yes its for 4WD
  • snuggleningsnugglening Member Posts: 5
    Yes 25k tax and title and doc fee. Let ask for Liz and say Ning sent you.
  • anacodiaanacodia Member Posts: 6
    Is this a 2009 or a 2010?
    Are you sure it's an E L AWD? Because I think that price would be several hundred under dealers cost. I think it's under dealers cost even with the $500 manufacturer to dealer incentive. I don't see how they could do it unless there were several hundred dollars in add on options and/or you financed most of the price through the dealer at a high rate.

Just my opinion.
  • carilovecarilove Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for sharing. Does the car your bought for $26,302 include Navigation System? I'm thinking of gettting a 2010 CRV EXL/Nav model. Thanks!
    No, mine doesn't have navi.

I just got a Tom Tom last Christmas as a gift. Swore I would never use it, but I did use it on a trip and it was invaluable. I used it a few other times on trips where I knew where I was going, but just wanted to play with it.

For me, a portable one is fine. I rarely go anywhere I haven't been before.
  • silberhorasilberhora Member Posts: 1
    I am getting offered the crv for about $ 300 for 36 months.. with mainly inception fees. it is the basic CRV.. I hate the whole car leasing experience. it is a 2010.
    Is this a good deal.. and what of the inceptions do I really have to pay.. or shoud I and what can a negotiate.
    We really wanted a pilot but that was over our head.. anyone know who is offering deals for lease of Small SUV or crossovers ?
    THanks
    I think $299 per month is the standard Honda incentive to lease a CRV, at least a 2009. But I'm not sure what the fees are, down payment is, or which trim line it applies to.

Check the Honda website for whatever year CRV it is, then look for incentives/offers by your zip code. Be guided by that.
  • carilovecarilove Member Posts: 2
    cama1,

I think it's a very good deal - congrats! By the way, which state are you in? If you happen to be in IL or nearby state, I'd love to try the same dealership you went. Thank you!
    Finally got my 2009 CRV-EX-L with out navigation for 25100 yesterday.
  • alienupalienup Member Posts: 1
    Finally WoW got the 1st 2010 EX-L in LI NY what a adventure got jerked around at many dealers they said they had it in stock just come in and lets do a deal
    well you guest it they tried to sell me 2009 and no 2010 to show wasted a lot of time but held out for the 10
    buy luck stopped in to Millenium Honda in Hemstead the salesman Wendall was the best. they showed me the Urban Titanimum / Black that i wanted and made the deal . delivered it in 2 hrs on a Sunday the price $ 26735 a little more than i wanted but still a great deal
    i would recommend them highly i have purchased many cars in my life but buying a honda was the hardest
  • pawninchesspawninchess Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I just moved to Seattle area. I am looking around for a 2010 CR-V EX AWD. I've asked around and been offered around 25,000 before TTL by a bunch of different dealers, making OTD at 28,000. Is there any chance I can drive out below 25,000? If I switched to 09 model, could I save another couple of thousands? The price quotes I got for 09 are really close to 10 models. Thanks!
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    pawn

For 2009 EX I think the target is 22,800 as I saw a couple $22.7k reported below

Sep 19, 2009 EX 4WD 5-Spd AT West NY NJ MSRP $25,405 $22,710 10.61% saving
    Sep 12, 2009 EX 4WD 5-Spd AT Chicago IL MSRP $25,405 $22,760 10.41% saving
    for 2009 EX 4WD.....INVOICE...IS 23685 AND PEOPLE ARE PAYING 23600 AROUND..... ...EX FWD....22574...INVOICE...SO NO BODY WILL GIVE CHEAPER THAN THIS AREA
    BUT PEOPLE IN AZ ASKING AROUND 1200 HIGHER FOR 2010 CRV MODEL....I HOPE THIS WILL HELP.....SO FOR 2010 EX 4WD....PRICE FOR 25K CAN BE LITTLE HIGH...DONOT PAY MORE THEN 24500...IF U BUY ON LAST DAY OF MONTH...THAN PEOPLE CAN GET 245 EASILY...
  • rmb48rmb48 Member Posts: 9
    Brought home a new 09 CRV-LX AWD in Urban Titanium -- price not including 6.25% sales tax, doc fees and license/title was $20875. I'm happy.
  • pawninchesspawninchess Member Posts: 7
    hp2009 and bigdadi118, thanks a lot for the information. Now I am thinking to accept 23K for 09 and 24K for 10 model, does that sound reasonable?

The prices offered by the dealers for 09 and 10 models are really only a couple hundreds different. I proprbably are totally wrong, but I thought it would be easier to get 24K for 10 model on a 25K price than to get 23K for 09 model on a 24.5K price.

With respect to the negotiation technique, for 10 model, should I make my initial offer at 23K and start from there? Or that price will get me kicked out of the dealership?
    Hi,
    just recently i helped my family member helped to buy 2010 sienna.....we were given price of 26550...(last best price)for LE but on sep 3009,last day of the month...i asked via email(donot give phone # until all price work out....) so i offered 25000 and deal came with 25500 only for that day.....email confirmation....so be ready for those figure on last day...and dealer will give your price as long as u are prepare for that day......i hope this will help and we save 1050 just waiting on that day,,,,,,,
  • zheng_lizheng_li Member Posts: 2
    Which dealer, please?

Message #9191
    Re: 2010 CR-V EX 4WD [jonrobertson]
    by russ01915
    Sep 29, 2009 (3:01 pm)

Picking up tomorrow in MA. a 2010 CR-V EX 4WD glacier blue, for $24,058. They threw in the wheel ...
  • zheng_lizheng_li Member Posts: 2
    Which dealer, please?

#9201 of 9244
    Re: 2010 CR-V EX 4WD [russ01915] by jonrobertson
    Sep 29, 2009 (11:26 pm)
    Save | Reply

Replying to: russ01915 (Sep 29, 2009 3:01 pm)
    russ0195: sounds like i'm in the right ballpark. The $24000 (including destination) is for a blue 2010 EX 4WD not including tax, title, registration. thanks for sharing.
  • chang6chang6 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I am living in Sacramento, California. I am in the market for a 2010 CR-V LX, the really basic model. Can you tell me what's the fair price for this car?

Poor guy can't offer to pay for extra option.. :)
    Netak-Because you asked, first impressions after a week and 120 miles:

I really like the car. The leather seems very plasticy, nothing like the good stuff that is in my Pathfinder. But the drivers seat is breaking in nicely. It helps to be 220 lbs., I'm sure.

Only other negative thing I can say is that the interior smelled like 500 carcinogens. Really plasticy smell too. The saleswoman called me the next day and asked how I liked the car. I told her that I hated the smell. She said that's the new car smell that people pay thousands of dollars for, LOL. But seriously, this was not a pleasant smell. I don't remember any new car I've ever had smelling this bad. But the smell is fading.

Other than that, I have to compare it to my 2000 Pathfinder, which is a 4x4 and obviously much more of a truck. The Honda feels much lighter, is a pleasure to drive, and is much more maneuverable. But naturally it lacks that 4000 lb. carved from a solid block of steel feel that the Pathfinder has. Kind of like a heavyweight vs. a welterweight, or that feeling that you may have experienced if you've ever lost 15 pounds or so. Just much lighter on it's feet.

Ride is comparable to the Pathfinder, but probably better. You still feel every bump, but they are more subdued. Acceleration is about the same as the Pathfinder. My Pathy is only 170 h.p., but substantially more torque. The Honda feels fine around town, but that's with me and maybe one other person aboard. I can't imagine driving it in the mountains with 3-4 people plus luggage, or towing anything with it.

The interior room is probably a little better than the Pathy, especially in the back seat. Cargo room is probably a little better too. Cabin width and headroom in the front are comparable.

Haven't don't any panic stops, but braking feels excellent.

The computer shows me averaging just over 19 m.p.g. That is all suburban driving with a couple of pleasure trips on the highway at speeds under 65. When I got the car there was 28 miles on it and the computer showed 23+ mpg average, so I'm guessing they drove it over on the highway from another dealer.

I was impressed looking under the hood. Many of the metal pieces seem to be polished. You can definately tell what is steel, what is aluminum, etc. It is very jewel-like under there.

Oh, and I really, really, like the XM satellite.

Overall, I'm pleased.
  • sujitnsujitn Member Posts: 5
    Hello all, I just joined the forum. I've almost decided to buy 2010 CRV EXL black/black. After lot of research and negotiation, I got the offer 27200/- OTD. No other dealers are willing to give at this price. Is this good offer? I need honest feedback from gurus like you. Also, the delear doesn't have b/b in stock but they promised to give it to me within 2-3 weeks but I need to put down 500 advance t'row in order to honor that price. Wolfchase Honda is reputed delear in Memphis. Please let me know your views. Thanks
    Is that for a 4WD? Because I got a much lower price on a 2010 EX-L 2WD, almost $2000 lower. Mine's a polished metal/black, it should come in this week!
  • sr146260211sr146260211 Member Posts: 55
    Out the door price (OTD) including what ever tax, and fee's the dealer tags on, then you got a fair price, depending on what fee's and taxes you had to pay out..

I paid $27,388.00 out the door, 2010 EX-L (Plus got two free oil changes) with the florida $599.00 dealer fee that we all pay in this neck of the woods. Or without fees and taxes and lose from my trade in, the cost of my CR-V was $24,981.00

Taxes...My state is 6%..$621.00. Would have had to pay more, but my trade in off set some of the taxes since I traded in a newer vehicle. If you did not have a trade or traded in a older car, your taxes would be substantially more.

Dealer Fee...$599.00
    Document stamp..$101.85
    Official gov fee..$2.00
    Gov lic registration fee..$211.50
    Loan proc fee..$100.00
    Priv Tag agency fee..$55.00
    Tire disposal fee..$5.00
    Lead acid battery fee florida..$1.50
    Lic plate transfer estimate fee..$152.00
    Trade in lose(honda insight) ..$558.00
    Pin stripe/mud flap included
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Not out the door you did! Invoice is $25356 and you'd be doing good to get within a few hundred $$ of that PLUS taxes, fees, etc....
    It's 2010 2WD EX-L polich metalic/black OTD is 27,200/-. Anacodia, did you pay 25K OTD for 2009 or 2010 EXL? sounds like much better deal. Howvere, I serached and negotiated every where but no one is willing to do businees less than 27.5K OTD. Today I just pay $500 for booking fee and Wednesday I'll buy the car. Is it a worth deal? Did I pay much? I need a honest feed back....Thanks
    Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I don't have the break down and don't know how much tax but I'll pay 27,200/- OTD yes OTD and no trade in. Also, delear will give couple of free oil change and service etc...He will give purchase oder on Wednesday so I don't have the break down now.....Is it worth deal? Thanks
  • newcivicexmnnewcivicexmn Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone purchased one of these 2009 or 2010? I'm expecially looking for prices paid/quotes people have gotten in Minnesota recently. I live in Minneapolis but am willing to travel elsewhere.

Does anyone know if the XM radio comes with EX? I couldn't find that out in my search (I see it does come with the EX-L).

Thanks for any advice.

:) Christy
    I have no trade in, and am paying cash. My deal is $25299 plus cargo tray for a 2010 EX-L (no navi) 2WD. It's polished metal metallic/black which is a new color for 2010, so I know there is no bait and switch. I was able to choose from 3 dealers with this price. One was in the next state (about 2 hours south, and my closest USAA car buying service dealer) that one quoted $25,300, the other was about an hour North of me and said they'd match the price. With all this info, I went to the dealer around the corner from me and they said their quote was $25299 with cargo mat. They have my deposit, the car is scheduled to be delivered between Oct 16-20. I contacted probably 8 dealers around the region and their initial quotes were all around $26,200.
    XM radio does not come in the EX from the factory, only the EX-L.
    Is $25299 OTD price or you will pay ttl? If it's OTD price then I would say excellent deal you got. I was seraching for last one month and 27200K OTD is the best price I would think for 2010 EXL but I need feedback ....
  • lcg11lcg11 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm in South Florida looking to buy a 2010 CRV LX FWD and the best offer I have so far is $20,600, not including a DOC FEE of $998.00 + "government fee" (tag) of $315.00 plus tax.

Am I getting a good deal?

Based on percentage discount shown on recent posts, I think I should be pushing to get it lower. I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks.
  • lumberghlumbergh Member Posts: 2
    26200 + TTL (includes roof rack, all season mats, and cargo tray).
  • mask234mask234 Member Posts: 2
    All,

I have been shopping around for a CRV LX FWD for some time. I got an offer of $20000 even for a 2009 CRV LX 2WD. Is this a good buy? This is in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks.
  • theparsthepars Member Posts: 3
    I bought the exact vehicle here in Michigan and I Love it! Very "classy" looking and handles much better than my 2006 CRV. At lot less road noise.
    Since TTL is different in all states, I didn't include that in my post. That way we can compare apples to apples. $25299 is my cost of the car, that is what I will write the check for.
  • newnamewhatnewnamewhat Member Posts: 1
    25350 + 350 doc fee + Tax, title, and reg. Total was about 28500 from VIP Honda in NJ. Smooth process and quick sale
    Ok, I paid 24900+ttl+docfee=27,200 OTD for 2010 Honda CRV EXL polish metal mettalic/black and cargo try + spalsh guard and floor mats included. I'm going to pick up my car t'row. Is this a good deal?
  • sachin24ksachin24k Member Posts: 31
    Hi,

I am in the market for a while for CR-V. Can anyone share what is the best price around LA area for a basic model LX? I dont want to buy anything extra from the dealer (price being the concern) ... can I expect any free stuffs from the dealers? Is doc fee mandatory?

thanks in advance