Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fitminifitmini Member Posts: 1
    First, sorry to deviate from the forum. Second, is there an inventory problem with the 2010 Honda CR-V? I've been trying to look for a Polished Metal Metallic color for awhile and not one near me or in the whole state of California the last time I checked. It's been almost 2 months now and still no Polished Metal Metallic color in the trim I'm looking for, which is the 2wd EX.

I notice that almost all CR-Vs are made in Ohio in northern CA where as most CR-Vs are made in Japan in southern CA. I read an article somewhere that Honda increased production in Japan in October. If so, how long does it take to get a car from the factory to the dealer's lot?

When do dealerships get new cars in? What time of the month and usually on which day of the week? I can't wait anymore and I might just buy a different car because no dealer is giving me a time frame as to when they might get the car in. Arghhh....
  • Seeker1966Seeker1966 Member Posts: 7
    I've scoured the Forum for advice or similar purchase experience; It seems like there is always an important piece of info missing from each post (and not always the same missing info from one post to another).

Exact Model: (2010 4WD EX-L w/ NAV)
    Purchase Price: ?
    Deliv/Destination: $710
    Taxes: ?
    Dealer Markups/Add-ons/Doc Fees: ?
    ------------------------------------------
    OTD = ? (Hope I didn't forget something ;))

Sometimes people don't indicate whether they bought a 4WD or 2WD. Or they don't indicate if the $710 Fee was included in their Purchase Price.

Some of that missing data can make the difference between a sweetheart of a deal, and a crappy one.

Thanks, and hope I don't sound like I'm criticizing (that's not my intention). Folks put a lot of great, and very helpful info on here from their experience. It would just be that much more precise if all of the pertinent info was "there" ...

Thanks in advance :)
    Maybe you can work a deal to order what you want exactly, (as if it's already "on the lot"). I did that once before, and got just as good of a deal. (Dealer knows their holdback $ won't get dinged more than a day or two).

I would think the dealer wouldn't squawk about a guaranteed sale vs. you fininding one elsewhere.
  • bc_crvbc_crv Member Posts: 9
    Not much luck here in Seattle. I've tried all of the dealerships and they won't negotiate much. I haven't been able to get prices like the prices on the East Coast or even California. I've actually considered buying at the dealership in Tri-Cities because they seem to be competitive.

Are those prices the ones you received locally?
  • jonrobertsonjonrobertson Member Posts: 6
    2010 CR-V EXL in 4WD without nav
    Silver
    "J" VIN# - made in Japan
    Dealer options: window tint, laser-etched anti-theft glass, mudguards
    $26800 + tax and title fee($18). Dealer doc fee included in the price.

Thanks to everyone for contributing and their pricing help.
  • leonoahleonoah Member Posts: 11
    Nice suggestion!
    I got these from an OR dealer.
    What pricing you are offered by dealership in Tri-Cities?
    Keep in touch!
  • cama1cama1 Member Posts: 12
    My deal negotiated online w/ @ Jay Lee's in Gladstone OR was $28678.00 including Destination and Handling charges plus $322 Lic and reg fees. There were no dealer addons per my insistence. I added on mats, wheel locks and splash guards bought from HandA for a fraction of what the dealer would have charged. I bought an 8 year warranty from Bernardi Honda in Framingham MA for $790.00 (also a fraction of what dealerships would charge...bought it online but you can call them now to purchase now since online sales of warrantys are not allowed by Honda anymore) ) and got a $30.00 credit which I used toward a cargo mat purchase from Bernardi.
  • nhuenhue Member Posts: 1
    Here is what I paid about two weeks ago in Iowa.

Exact Model: (2010 4WD EX-L w/ NAV, White)
    Purchase Price, Including destination fee $710 : $28370.00
    Deliv/Destination:
    Taxes: 5 % in the state of Iowa, $1418.50
    Title Fee: $25.00
    License Fee for one year: $300
    Document Fee: $149.00
    Lien filing Fee: $10.00

OTD : $30272.50

Got 1.9% APR for 36 months from Honda.

I think I got a good deal obviously not the best one. I tried couples of other dealers of my area too but no one could match this deal.
  • hmmurdockhmmurdock Member Posts: 5
    Was the 8 year warranty with or without deductible and was it 100k or 120k?
  • sathguysathguy Member Posts: 5
    Question:

I got a quote for a 2009 Honda CR-V 4WD EX AT for:

$23,887 vehicle price
    $346.50 DMV fees
    $75.00 Doc fee
    $1,213.09 Tax

$25,521.59 total price

Is this a good price? I would like some input if this is a good price or not?
  • qinsong99qinsong99 Member Posts: 20
    The price is kind of too high considering it is $1 higher than the invoice of the 2009 CRV EX AWD. In my opinion, you should be able to get a 2010 CRV AWD EX at this price. The invoice of the 2010 model is $24,058 according to Edmunds. If you really want to made a deal on a 2009 CRV, you should shoot at least $1000 below the invoice. However, I think 2010 is a much better car than the 2009 model. Good luck.
  • drarumdrarum Member Posts: 1
    I paid $20800+license/taxes for the Honda CRV 2009 LX, cheapest model with nothing included. Paid 10K down, the dealership wouldn't let me get the 1.9% APR deal despite our good credit (They said we'd need to pay $1000 more on the car to get that deal), but said we could pay off the car after 4 monthly payments, which we plan to do. Good deal?
    We quoted a 2010 LX 4WD for $21200 with destination included plus 1.9% 36 month financing, but not TTL, in the end of November. Most dealers offered us around $21400 to $21800, although we finally settled on an EXL-NAV 4WD. You may need to wait till the end of the month to get a better deal. My suggestion for you is to hold on your money for 3 more weeks to the month/year end to get the best deal. Good luck.
  • docmddocmd Member Posts: 6
    Hi- Does the price of 21200 include taxes+title+tags? I paid 21,500 for all included on the 2010 LX TWD.

Thanks and best regards
  • cama1cama1 Member Posts: 12
    100K miles and $500. deductible
  • vermonter2010vermonter2010 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all, i am looking to buy a 2010 Honda CRV 4WD EX, with the following adds-on:
    would you tell be what my "out the door" price will be with the below optional add-ons:
    1. fog lights
    2. All-season floor mats
    3. Remote engine starter system

How much should i be paying out the door?
    The $21200 does not include TTL. Please notice that the price difference is around $1200 between 4WD and 2WD. In case you paid $1500 fees (including tax), your car price is right at $20,000. Therefore, $21500 is a pretty good OTD price. Regards.
  • baydrivebaydrive Member Posts: 48
    I had thought I had a good price on a Honda CRV 2010 LX 4WD, but after viewing ginsong99 posts,I guess I did not. I got a lot of quotes and the best price I got was $21900. That price included destination but not TTL. They had plenty of available stock so I got the color I wanted.

I spent a lot of time researching the car and even though I (now) wish I got a better deal, I look forward to many years with this car.
  • mophicatmophicat Member Posts: 2
    I got a price on a Honda CRV EXL 4WD for 26400. All fees included. Is that a good price. I am thinking about asking for a price of 26000 or 26200. Should I try and deal lower or shoud I take the first offer.

Thanks.
  • vermonter2010vermonter2010 Member Posts: 3
    hi, is tax included as well? where are you located? i'm think it's a good price since i was just quoted 26011 for a CRV EX 2010 4WD...EX-L is at least 1-2k more..
  • mophicatmophicat Member Posts: 2
    No. Tax is not included. With tax(8.875) included it comes to 28743. Located in Brooklyn NY. Was the tax included in yours? Where are you located.
  • dj_nkdj_nk Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a 2010 Honda CRV LX 2 WHD from Atlanta, GA.
    I added dealer leather seats. (It looks like has good quality)
    My price:
    Car price (Includes all cost. Includes leather ) - 21000
    Tax - ~ 1470 (At 7%)
    GA lemon law and tag/title - ~ 33
    Final drive out price - 22503
    The cost for leather varies in the market. It is around 1000$ including tax.
    I negotiated a lot and there was only 1 dealer who could give me this price.
    I just bought a 2010 Honda CRV LX 2 WHD from Atlanta, GA.
    I added dealer leather seats. (It looks like has good quality)
    My price:
    Car price (Includes all cost. Includes leather ) - 21000
    Tax - ~ 1470 (At 7%)
    GA lemon law and tag/title - ~ 33
    Final drive out price - 22503
    The cost for leather varies in the market. It is around 1000$ including tax.
    I negotiated a lot and there was only 1 dealer who could give me this price.
  • attlantianattlantian Member Posts: 1
    i live in atlanta,could i get the dealer name please!!!
    I would it is a good pricing.
    Hi,
    The dealer name: Honda Conyers. (I was dealing with Cleve) I drove 45 miles to get the car there. I got the bargain quote in an email. I had told him that I would just go the dealership and pick the car, without even a test drive.
    I had also got another deal for 22,750 (Drive out incl leather and some features ) from Honda Carland North loaded with more features. (Most of the features were good if I service my car there). But the dealership was 50 miles from my place and hence I did not accept that offer.
  • georgiamangeorgiaman Member Posts: 16
    Hi:

I also live in Atlanta, and I am looking for a 2010 CR-V LX 2WD with no added features.

What should I offer for car + destination?

TIA
    If you live in a county that has 7% tax rate, target for a drive out price of $21,500.
    If the county has 6% tax rate, target $21,250 drive out price. (You might even get better price than this based on the season)
    While negotiating with the dealer, always ask for the drive out price. Go online on honda.com and request quote from all dealers and then start bargaining. Never go to the dealership.
    Hope this helps!
  • 1999bluetacoma1999bluetacoma Member Posts: 1
    Post from the NW here. :)
    I've noticed that alot of the quotes I've gotten have been saying the quote doesn't include 'dealer installed accessories'.
    What are these 'Dealer Installed' Accessories? :confuse:
    How much should I figure adding on to the quote for these?

Thanks in advance.
    The dealer is clearly trapping you. Do not go for those accessories until you really need them. Ask the dealer what the accessories are. Always shop for the drive out price. And buy what you need.
  • ec3891ec3891 Member Posts: 1
    Mophicat, drive over to Staten Island. I purchased a 2009 Honda CR-V EX for 22800. I'm sure you can probably get a better deal for a 2010 there than in Brooklyn.
  • deepakvsdeepakvs Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am from Greater Boston Area, MA. I have negotiated an offer from Herbs on a 2010 Honda CRV EX-L AWD (no Navi) :
    26500(inclusive of dealer charges) + Sale Tax + TTL ?

What do you think, is this a good offer or do i have more room for nego ?

I am new to US and i am buying a car , help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Deepak
  • deepakvsdeepakvs Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am from Greater Boston Area, MA. I have negotiated an offer from Herbs on a 2010 Honda CRV EX-L AWD (no Navi) :
    26500(inclusive of dealer charges) + Sale Tax + TTL ?

What do you think, is this a good offer or do i have more room for nego ?

I am new to US and i am buying a car , help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Deepak
  • civiclx98civiclx98 Member Posts: 6
    I get quoted between 24.7k and 26k for a 2010 Honda CRV-EX 4WD (with remote start and fog lights) in Vermont, local taxes is 6%. One of the lower quotes comes with a Yipes remote start instead of Honda's...should i go get my car in NY instead?
  • ss_mdss_md Member Posts: 1
    Hello - I'm wondering what's a good price for a 2010 CRV EX, 2WD in the DC Area? I've got a quote from a dealer for 22,770 (excluding taxes, tag, delivery of $700). The price includes a lifetime warranty (dealer says it's worth $900), and some dealer added items (mud guards, maybe wheel locks?).

Thank you!
  • incirclesincircles Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the process of buying a 2010 CR-V. Should I add on the Karr alarm or the wraparound 7year/100k mile warranty?

I'm buying the Honda, in part because of their great reliability, so I can see why the wraparound is unnecessary, but for for an extra $1500, it seems reasonable and I think I'll do it.

The KARR alarm is really throwing me for a loop. Does the CR-V have a decent factory alarm? I have had 1 car stolen and 1 broken into, so I see some benefit, but what's a good price? Do you buy into this hype? It has a 2 stage sensor (if that helps you explain benefits or dissuade me from buying it).

Thanks!
  • mcclemamcclema Member Posts: 1
    Using the search feature, I see there have been many favorable experiences at John Eagle Honda of Houston so I wanted to relay my experience there. My wife and I stopped by there on Saturday and, after some haggling including giving them the recommended price from Edmunds and an offer from their competitor, we were offered a good but not great price on a 2009 CRV.

Then the salesman told us all of their new vehicles have $1967 dealer add-ons primarily consisting of paint sealant, fabric protection and something that makes the window "ten times stronger." When we mentioned we didn't want those add-ons, they assured me that ALL other Honda dealers put these add-ons on ALL of their vehicles (as further proof, they showed us these charges on a laminated card bearing the Honda logo). Further, the manager said their owner also owned the competitor where we'd gotten our quote and the competitor would charge us $2700 for add-ons (basically admitting at that point the add-ons were unnecessary, but trying to convince us they were inevitable). They urged us to buy that night (they were closing in 20 minutes). When I asked why the prices were several thousand lower on Edmunds.com, the salesman asked if that was "the internet." When I said it was, he told me those posts are all "lies by other car dealers with no cars left to sell." By that point we had the car packed and were starting the engine.
  • nathanphamnathanpham Member Posts: 3
    I got an offer from couple dealers for 25,505.40 Out the door price with tax, title, documentation fee, dest. & handling fee, and plate transfer fee.(not new plate)

also with options of

Remote Starter System and Pro Pack ( all season mats, fron splash guards, cargo tray for $825)

Total for $26330 with options. Is this deal ok? I tried couple dealers but could get any lower. any advices? Thanks alot
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I live in San Antonio and know that not all of the dealers here have dealer add-ons on their vehicles, sounds like the dealer is spinning a tale by saying that all Honda dealers do that as that just isn't true. I would definitely look around and find a dealer that doesn't play those sort of games.
  • jubujoyjubujoy Member Posts: 4
    It looks pretty good, but I just bought the same model for $25,600 (includes the destination charge -- is that what is meant by TTL?) + tax + documentation ($329) + new plates ($125) at Honda Village in Newton.

Others on this forum, is that a good price? Thanks.
  • civiclx98civiclx98 Member Posts: 6
    sounds like a good price...where are you located? what's your local tax rate?
  • nathanphamnathanpham Member Posts: 3
    I live in grand rapids, michigan. with the 6% tax. I offered couple dealer with $25505 price and the Pro Pack (splash guard, cargo tray, all weather mats), but they won't take the deal. They let me walks when they know I am ready to sign the paper.

I Hope this will help other buying the same car. I trying to get a decent price, not overpay to much. Thanks for all reponses.
    On Edmunds.com it indicates $25,806 as the Invoice price, which is about $700 lower than the price you were offered. The dealer actually pays about $500 below even the invoice price.

If I was you I would aim for Invoice (stay as close as possible to it). The dealer makes money, even if they let it go for invoice; don't fall for their sob stories.

Also, beware of dealer installed accessories (mud flaps, locking lug nuts, etc.). Refuse to pay for them. If they have installed more expensive accessories (roof rack, foglights, etc.) go to another dealership, unless you want such items. Those they won't be able to give up for free.

If you request online quotes from your area dealerships one of them is bound to offer +/- Invoice opricing; Take that info to a nearby dealer that has plenty of CR-Vs in your color preference (which also takes away another bargaining chip they will use against you).

Also, if possible try to buy before the end of December or you'll miss out on an IRS deduction.
  • ewujunewujun Member Posts: 4
    Base: $20,751 + Tax + Doc = OTD Price = $22,516. Made in Japan. I am happy with the deal.
  • lokielokie Member Posts: 8
    Wow that's a great deal. I am looking to buy the same. What's your tax % and which area are you from? Thanks for sharing.
    tax rate is 7%, so the total was around $22,516. it is the year-end and they are trying to push to meet the target. i am from dayton, ohio. also, i am getting the 1.9% for 36 months. almost like free money...
    Which dealer did you get the car from? I am also in Dayton area and intend to buy a CRV LX 4WD. Thanks in advance.
    matt castrucci, easy to find on google.
  • scoopinmdscoopinmd Member Posts: 1
    Go through the Internet Department at Criswell Honda in Germantown Md and you will get a quote that will be only a few hundred more but will already include the $700 delivery fee. The lifetime warranty isnt necessary and a gimmick to get you in.