Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    Just out of curiosity, are you going to change your user name when you get into a Honda?
  • edunnettedunnett Member Posts: 553
    Are you saying that you purchased your most recent cars at the dealer's invoice price, the wholesale price, or something in between?

A little bit of both :-) Subaru at $100 over dealer invoice. Honda at $200 below dealer invoice.

I purchased a 2004 Subaru Forester XT in late April at $100 over invoice. I walked into my favorite dealership with a verbal offer AT invoice from the dealer down the road (WAY down the road). I told them I'd buy the car that day from him if he could match the price. He counter-offered with a $100 more and I found that agreeable to taking my chances with an unknown dealer a hour out of my way. We shook hands and I had the keys within 30 minutes. No funny business on the paperwork.

I purchased a 2004 Honda CR-V EX in late June at $200 below invoice. I walked into the dealership with their printed below invoice offer that I got via email as well as two printed offers from other dealers AT invoice. Told them I came in for the below invoice pricing they had offered me. They tried some funny business in the paperwork but we caught them at every step.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Once you've registered and selected a username, it can't be changed. Not without bribing the database manager at least!

Steve, Host
  • getmeinahondagetmeinahonda Member Posts: 9
    I'm about to cut a deal - I think - but I want to make sure that I understand what you're saying. It's times like these that I fear that there may have been some inbreeding in my family. :<

So for the Honda CR-V EX that has a dealer invoice of $21320 for the automatic and a wholesale price of $20643, you got it for 21120, using the numbers in this example. Horrors, it sounds like an SAT problem!!!

Did I say how much I *hate* this whole car buying process? And I'm a terrible negotiator.
    You asked

Just out of curiosity, are you going to change your user name when you get into a Honda?

You know curiosity killed the cat. ;>

I might change my name if I land up buying a Subaru instead. But then I guess I'd be leaving this forum.

So come on all you Honda dealers, make me a great offer so that I can stay. Do you really need that second house in Bermuda? They get a lot of rain down there. So wouldn't you rather stay dry and put me behind the wheels of a CR-V? Vrrrroooooom, Vrrrooooomm.
    You are funny! Keep it up tonight and I may stay and read more! :-)
    Here's the breakdown:

MSRP (from edmunds) $22,550
    Dealer Invoice (from edmunds) $20,830
    Dealer Invoice (from edmunds plus destination) $21,320
    MY Cash Price for 2004 CR-V EX Automatic (with destination) $21,020

Oh... I guess that's $300 below invoice! Wow! I got a better deal than I thought. The only way I was able to get that deal was by soliciting local dealers for quotes from their fleet or internet managers. I took the best one and got it in writing via email (did cars.com quote request). I didn't really NEGOTIATE. I walked in knowing exactly what price I would pay if I bought a car that day. I was prepared to walk away as soon as I didn't get my way. The dealer knew that.

My doc fees were $45
    Sales tax in CA $1,737
    Licence fees $192

Traded in the 2001 Dodge Dakota truck for $1000 below KBB trade in value (not bad considering the 2004's were being sold with $3500 factory incentives) and it had been actively marketed for sale for almost two months.

Oh, go shopping this saturday - you can find the desperate salesmen on the last day of the month! :-)

You can send me an email and I can give you a pep talk!

Elissa
    PS - you want Vrrrroooooom, Vrrrooooomm ? Then get the car I have:

2004 Subaru Forester XT
    It has a 2.5 Liter Turbocharged Horizontally Opposed 4 cylinder, 210 hp engine with 215 ft-lbs torque at 3600 RPM! Weeeeee! Now, THAT's Vrrrroooooom, Vrrrooooomm !

Come, come to the dark side!

"A Subaru?" you say. Yes, my husband drives the CR-V, but I'm the one who bought it since I do the negotiating :-)

Elissa
    "Once you've registered and selected a username, it can't be changed. Not without bribing the database manager at least!"

Yeah, I figured that... I was just making an amusing (at least to me) comment about how people choose user names and then have to live with it... forever!
    "2004 Subaru Forester XT
    It has a 2.5 Liter Turbocharged Horizontally Opposed 4 cylinder, 210 hp engine with 215 ft-lbs torque at 3600 RPM! Weeeeee! Now, THAT's Vrrrroooooom, Vrrrooooomm ! "

Doesn't this car u$e Premium fuel, and get lower MPG than the CRV? No question on the performance though... as usual, we generally get what we want, and are willing to pay for.
  • tigerlilytigerlily Member Posts: 8
    All:
    Thanks for all the advise and encouragement. I didn&#146;t go yesterday, so I&#146;m going tomorrow…end of the month!….like I said, my lowest quote is $20,900 and then I just got an e-mail from another saying he&#146;ll beat my lowest by quote by $200 this weekend.

My question is: it&#146;s ok to show the quotes, right? And, if the lowest quote is $20,700 (inc. destination), how do I negotiate if my target price is $20,500 (inc. destination). Start off low at $20,000 and work up? Or just hold firm at $20,500?

Also, my credit union&#146;s final approval on the loan is contingent upon my paystub and work verification. It will probably be fine ( I work part-time instead of full-time, like I told them), but I can&#146;t do that until next week. After the car purchase. So, will the dealership want or be required to run a credit check on me: a) because my credit union is closed on Saturday to verify and b) because my pre-approval letter has a &#147;contingency&#148;?

Please advise. I&#146;m starting to a get a little nervous. I will be SO GLAD when this will be Over!!! I promise to let you all know how it goes.

Thanks!
    If you buy the car without some kind of check from the bank, they generally run a credit check, because if you take delivery before your bank comes through, the contract you sign will include financing. If your bank financing comes through, the contract financing is not used.

If you have a problem with all this, get bank pre-approval, get the purchase order from the dealer, go to the bank, and return to the dealer with the check.

At least that's my understanding of it all...
    stevedebi - Yeah i get only about 21-22 mpg on the forester XT with mixed driving and occasional A/C. Paying for the premium fuel in CA is a bit of a drain but it's worth the $5-10/wk that I pay to drive the Forester vs the CR-V. Not to mention the Subie fits me better in a bazillion other ways... My husband drives the CR-V and he's only getting about 23-24 mpg so far so the difference isn't huge. But we just got a '86 Civic that gets 35 mpg so I think we've repented :-)

tigerlily - I think you should walk in and ask for some number below your lowest written quote. Know your upper limit per dealership and never reveal that number. You aren't obligated to negotiate above your lowest quote - you should walk out if you can't get at least that. I also wouldn't low ball at $20K - sets a bad tone going that low I think and also, if it's too low, you loose credibility since they'll know/think you don't really know what the car is worth. Remember, they have to make some money or they won't sell it, so don't set yourself up to fail. If you get the car for any of the figures you are mentioning, it's a fantastic deal. Good luck!

Elissa
  • matthew633matthew633 Member Posts: 26
    I agree with edunnett about not starting the offer by lowballing at $20,000 for the same reasons stated. I suggest you start the offer lower than you are willing to pay, the salesperson will likely counter and you still have something to give up.

Like others have said, don't be discouraged if you have to exit a few dealerships. The first one I went to was not willing to negotiate, but the 2nd one did, and within 1/2 hour we were working on the paperwork.

Just my 2 cents, get plenty of rest the day before and dress like a serious buyer. Know exactly what accessories you want and the cost. (FYI, there's some good deals on line for genuine Honda accessories and Honda often mails coupons for accessories after your purchase so don't feel any pressure to add accessories the day you buy the vehicle.) I did not purchase the extended warranty contract, having been a Honda owner for the past 21 years with 2 cars.

The quote you got for $20,700 for a 2004 EX CR-V Aut, assuming they don't tack on dealer holdback, sounds like a great deal. Just read the invoice and make sure they don't tack on any unsual fees. Oh, and take a calculator.

Sorry I can't be of any help with the financing/ credit check questions. Best regards.
    Bought a CR-V, LX, automatic, with side air bags for $19K including destination (had to add tax, tags, title, and doc fee -- a bit of a rip off $99 but was too tired to fight it and why be pennywise and pound foolish). It was an internet deal. Here's how it went down.

I contacted a bunch of dealers via the internet (I've forgotten which sites I sent the requests from). I went in this direction after contacting the dealers that I went to last month to find out what their *clearance* deals were (or as I discovered weren't). Most internet offers were unacceptable pricewise as well.

Totally frustrated, I sent out emails Wednesday night with counteroffers and told them that I was going to buy a vehicle by month end.

One dealer accepted my offer arond 11PM Thursday night with the stipulation that I had to pick it up Saturday. Contacted the other dealers (both internet contacts and in-store salesmen) Friday morning asking them to beat the bid. All told me that I was being low-balled.

Not much time to do due diligence, but took Friday off and did the best I could (I insisted on driving the vehicle that I was going to buy) and signed the papers afterward.

Lessoned learned (and there were many of them)? Use the internet as well as going in person. The internet can be more or less anonymous (ie get a hotmail or yahoo email account and don't use your real name) so you try to negotiate on two fronts, playing both against the middle. If the internet doesn't work, then go into the dealership but never mention your internet negotiations.

Capitalism, what a concept!

Hey, Steve, wanna change my handle?
    Ah, can't help you there (see the Member Agreement under choose one name, etc).

But congrats on the new ride!

Were all those dealers who said you were getting low-balled named Isell? <g>

Steve, Host
    Steve wrote
    Were all those dealers who said you were getting low-balled named Isell? <g>

Steve,

Don't know. Maybe.

If he does a follow up and asks me, maybe he'll tell who he really is.

It'd be like removing batman's cowel, spiderman's mask, or catching Clarke Kent in the middle of changing into Superman's fruit of the loom.

Oh my!

I could turn into a pillar of salt and then I wouldn't get to drive my new CR-V ;>
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I'm "out west" and not "back east".
    Funny how salespeople always seem not to believe it when people tell them that they've found a good deal at another dealer. Pays to shop around I guess.

Anyone else pick up a new CR-V at the end of the month?

Steve, Host
    It's just that we know the market on these. We know about what they are going for and when we hear about how some store lost a ton of money just to move one, we can't understand why.

I guess it's possible the market is depressed in some parts of the country to the point a dealer has to lose money?

If this is the case, seriously, the dealer ma be better off closing his doors and selling out. Take the money and invest it in a nice bond fund or something.

The overhead involved in operating a modern, up to date dealership is staggering. Add B & O taxes, employee benefits etc to this.

They HAVE to make money somewhere. The same customer who drove 100 miles to save 100 dollars
    isn't going to be a loyal service customer either.

Sorry...as a former successful business owner, I just have to wonder sometimes.

Carry on...
  • rob5rob5 Member Posts: 2
    I loved reading this forum before I bought my new car. The Honda dealers in GR, Lansing, AA & Brighton, Michigan were not really willing to negotiate on this car. However, after I learned about Grand Honda in Chicago, I was able to use it as leverage to get my CR-V LX 2wd w/ roof rack, mud flaps, keyless entry and cargo cover for $18,500. I just wanted to post that so others in Michigan could use the info and compare. I hope you get an even better price! Thanks all for your help- I love the car.
    It seems like every time someone talks about their good deal you pop up and throw ice water on it; practically calling every buyer a liar.

I'm beginning to think you really don't know your market at all, if you think all these reports are faked.

I can't believe that shoppers in the NW are loyal either; many (most?) of us shop value and loyalty doesn't even enter the equation.

Plus Honda is struggling a bit in the US to maintain market share according to the Detroit News so that may be affecting deals.

<insert rant about Detroit reporting on Honda here LOL>

Steve, Host
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    In defense of Isell, a LOT of buyers in the Northwest post that they just cannot match the deals they read about here on Edmunds. I read many requests for info on buying in California from Oregon and Washington residents. I believe the market is really as he states IN his area.

I DON'T think every poster's veracity should be questioned, though. I know in my area, Accords can be bought under invoice minus holdback minus incentives, and that has been that way for years. I can't really figure out WHY or HOW, but I know it to be true. On the other hand, CR-Vs in my area are lucky to be discounted $1000, but I don't believe everyone that posts they got one for under invoice is a liar.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Oh oh, I've gone too far if members are defending a car salesperson.

Sorry Isell :-)

Steve, Host
    and I probably shouldn't be speaking for him..

(paraphrasing).. "I should just stay off the prices paid board."

He gives a lot of good info about Hondas and buying advice.. It is just the prices that drive him crazy.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• automaticautomatic Member Posts: 41
    I bet that the local sales environment is directly based on whether dealers compete on price in the newspaper. In LA and the SF Bay area, the papers "scream" (as isell has mentioned in the past) price. "15 available at $XXX, come pick your color." I have purchased cars under these conditions, so I don't believe all these ads are come ons. I bet in the NW, Honda dealers don't compete in the paper on price. Probably just a "We make the best deals...Best selection...Highest volume dealer" type of ad. This means that dealers probably compete more on the overall purchase experience as opposed to pure price. I'm sure the sales volume in the NW is much less than in CA, which means they need to make more per unit.
    Our store has NEVER advertised price. I have seen other stores do this but it's rare.

The market can be ruined by the stores that do this. Southern California ( I'm a native)is the best example of this. Those stores HAVE to make up their losses somewhere or they can't stay in business. Make sense?

Steve, I have NEVER ONCE tangled with a host on these boards nor have I EVER called anyone a liar.

I have stopped short of doing that but I have seen prices stated that, well, unless a trade was seriously undervalued would have never happened.

Every day, we deal with customers who tell us about a price "a friend" suppostedly paid for a new Honda. Sometimes the numbers are very low, but possible and other times we know something ia amiss.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here and I will no longer frequent this board.

My wife loves her 2003 CRV EX and I hope all of the shoppers here enjoy theirs as well.

Good shopping...and, hurry, inventories are running low now.
  • buckeye3buckeye3 Member Posts: 1
    I'll just add my experience to the mix...

About a week ago, we bought a CRV EX Auto with roof rack installed (which we requested) and front mud flaps (which we didn't ask for, they were just on there when the car came from another dealer) for $21,420 plus tax and doc fees ($100). They gave us $100 more than the KBB value for our Sienna trade-in. I felt like we did well, but don't have much experience with this. We got e-mail quotes from around southern and central Ohio, the lowest of which we took to the dealer right up the street and they matched it. Hope this can help someone else. I've learned a lot reading these boards.
    Anyone else pick up a new CR-V at the end of the month?

I think I've mentioned on this board several times that we got our '04 CR-V EX Automatic June 26 (last weekend in June) for below invoice. Our salesman seemed to have a friendly competition going with others in the fleet sales department which could have been a factor in the end of month deal. He also stated that their fleet department did not earn commissions. FWIW
    - elissa
    IsellHondas wrote

The overhead involved in operating a modern, up to date dealership is staggering. Add B & O taxes, employee benefits etc to this.

They HAVE to make money somewhere.

I agree that the dealership has to make money -- but at what rate of return? 10%,? 20%? 30%? 40%?

Does it really cost the dealership $50 (or $100) in documentation fees when they send somebody down to the Motor Vehicle to pick up titles, tags, and registration -- especially when one person is doing this for 10 or more cars at a time? It's not as if I buy my car today and I get the tags two days later. So the dealership bunches them up to make it more cost effective. But we're talking about $1000 for 10 cars. Just what is the cost involved in the paperwork? $15 per hour for 8 hours? That's $120 in costs and $880 in profit. Then there's some gobbledy-[non-permissible content removed] about special messenging the paperwork over -- what are they doing sending it over by FEDEX 2 hour? I don't think so.

And shall we talk about this whole etching business? Or insurance sales? Or the games that are played in financing your loan at the dealership?

Consumers are tired of being ripped off. If the whole process were less fraught with lies (dealer: oh they're lowballing you, this is a hot car and we can't discount, oh the last of the '04s came in and they're going fast), consumers wouldn't mind paying a *fair* profit.

I don't know much about flooring charges, but don't manufacturers sometimes waive them toward the end of the sales year? If so, this increases the dealer's profit. Also incentives to move 04's out given to the dealer. Etc etc etc. None of which the buyer sees. Make a profit, but don't be a pig. Or be a pig but don't complain when a buyer one ups you at your own game.

Welcome to capitalism IsellHondas. I'll give you a hint, consumers are not going to roll over and play dead because a dealer cries poverty (while the latter is driving a Mercedes, Lexus, or an Infinity -- however if I see you in a Pinto or a Gremlin, yes).

And I agree with you that the customer who drives 100 miles to save 100 dollars isn't going to be a loyal customer, but to overcharge a local customer because you can isn't going to get a loyal customer either.

My deal was my deal. I don't know why the dealer offered it (wasn't meeting quota, overstocked with CR-V's, whatever), but I'm not asking. Capitalism is a strange animal but I'm quite sure if my deal wasn't in the *dealership's* best interest then they wouldn't have made it. They certainly didn't offer it to me out of the goodness of their heart or because they liked my pretty blues eyes.

Agghhhhh!!!!!!!!!
  • neysaheadneysahead Member Posts: 2
    Purchased an 2004 EX at Grand Honda in Elmhurst, IL this past weekend. I took the published price from the ad on their website to my two local dealers, and neither could/would match it. So I drove the four hours from mid-Michigan and purchased it near Chicago.

Word of warning, most of the vehicles on the lot have a number of dealer-installed accessories that drive the prices above those in the advertisement. Our salesperson was willing to go in the back and get us one that hadn't been modified, but I'm not sure that all of them would have done that.

All in all, a positive buying experience.
    Well said gotmeinahonda! I second that. The first new car I bought was a 1993 Honda Civic CX hatch when I was a mere 23 years old, was buying from an acquaintance, and new nothing of the car buying business. I bought it at MSRP, bought on the spot cuz they said the radio (which was already installed in the car!)was free that day only (I'm such a sucker!), I bought the $600 can of scotch guard, the rust proofing, the extended warranty, and got the dealer's 9.9% financing. So an $8,700 car cost me almost $15,000! My only consolation is that the car was trouble-free for the next 10 years, never got a stain, only rusted a tiny bit and sold for half it's original value 10 years later. I have NO sympathy for car dealers after getting ripped like that the first time.
  • rob5rob5 Member Posts: 2
    Mid-Michigan Huh? Did you find Capital Honda unwilling to negotiate and arrogant too?

I got ours from Brighton Honda. My next option would have been Grand Honda!
  • blacktulipblacktulip Member Posts: 2
    I was able to get the following quote frome my car dealer (before tax, documentation fee and tag fee):
    CR-V LX 2WD: $17,999
    CR-V EX AWD: $21,972
    The dealer said it is possible to knock down the price by another $800. Will you guys consider this a warm deal then?
    Also, the price difference between the LX and EX is about $3000. What I am really interested in is the ABS and side air bags, which are not immediately available to the LX edition. I live at North Carolina. The chance of snow is little. So AWD really does not matter a lot. Do you think it worth $3000 to add the ABS and side air bags?
    Thanks!
    Is it worth $3K for ABS and SAB? I would think not.. But, for alloy wheels, six disc CD changer, moonroof, and AWD? Definitely. The AWD EX will probably hold its value better than the LX, resulting in very little cost difference, once you sell it down the line.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• blacktulipblacktulip Member Posts: 2
    I was able to get the following quote frome my car dealer (before tax, documentation fee and tag fee):
    CR-V LX 2WD: $17,999
    CR-V EX AWD: $21,972
    The dealer said it is possible to knock down the price by another $800. Will you guys consider this a warm deal then?
    Also, the price difference between the LX and EX is about $3000. What I am really interested in is the ABS and side air bags, which are not immediately available to the LX edition. I live at North Carolina. The chance of snow is little. So AWD really does not matter a lot. Do you think it worth $3000 to add the ABS and side air bags?
    Thanks!
    "American Honda Motor Co. reported higher sales in July, helped by dealers moving more of its sport utility vehicles and luxury cars."

Business First of Columbus

Steve, Host
  • neysaheadneysahead Member Posts: 2
    We tried Capital in Lansing and Art Moehn in Jackson. Neither were particularly arrogant, just not willing to match the price from Grand Honda.
    Amer Honda July Sales Fell 2.6%

"TORRANCE, Calif. -(Dow Jones)- July sales at American Honda Motor Co., the U.S. unit of Honda Motor Co. (HMC), fell 2.6% on last year as Honda brand sales fell 3.6% but the smaller Acura division saw gains... "

http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt.jsp?section=news&cat=I- NDUSTRY&feed=dji&news_id=dji-00079120040803&date=2004- 0803
    lol, gotta love it. It looks like your link is adjusted sales for an extra day in the month.

Steve, Host
  • kathgipkathgip Member Posts: 39
    I have read lots of posts from people quoting prices from the midwest, east coast, and California. Most of those prices are very low compared to what is available here in OR - (the NW for those who don't know where we are located.) NONE of our dealerships that carry Hondas in the entire metro area put any ads in the paper for CR-V's. I could not find a price quote anywhere. So I did a lot of internet shopping and the funny thing is that the quotes that I got from every dealership on the internet were exactly the same. $22,020 was the best price for the EX AWD AT. That did not include LTR fees, destination fee, or any extras. No one was willing to add roof rack, cargo cover, mud flaps, without full retail. All I can figure is that the demand is very high here in the NW and the supply is low. The best price for all the above was $23,000. I did get my CR-V 3 weeks ago and I love it. But I am bummed that we live in a state that charges the highest price for this vehicle compared to what you all have quoted are the prices that you have gotten. It seems that the same vehicle would have cost me about $1500 to $1000 less if I did not live in OR. And the other thing is that there were just not that many to choose from. Three of the dealerships that I contacted has only 2 EX AWD AT's on their lots. They don't need to discount prices because the demand is so high. Congratulations to all of you that got such great deals. Don't come to OR and buy. However, I must say that the dealership I worked with made the process very easy and even sent me a box of cookies as a 'thank you'. Considering how much they made, they owed me a box of cookies. So any comments about the NW and high prices are true!
    No sales tax though :-)

I'm in Boise, so that's sort of the NW (or Intermountain West if you like). But I haven't shopped cars here, although I keep hearing about that dealer up in Kellogg who sells a lot of domestic makes over the net. There was a ton of pressure by other dealers to limit his stock (link), so maybe there is something to the conspiracy theories?

Steve, Host
    On the east coast, there weren't many (if any) ads for the CR-Vs (either LX or EX) in the newspapers. And none of them offered a discount -- usually they were for leases at the MSRP. And some of the advertised MSRPs didn't include the destination cost.

Demand seemed high here as well: many of the dealers had less than 20 CR-Vs (some had only 2 or 3 LXs in stock) . At the end of June when I called one dealer, the salesman told me that he had the Chianti Red in stock. When he checked, he told me that they had sold three vehicles the night before and all he had left were...

Fact or fiction? I don't know but what a coincidence.

Flash ahead to end of July. I did the internet thing and asked the contact for Chianti Red. Same dealership. And I checked their back lot (several miles away from the dealership itself) and there were 2 in red. The email told me that there were none in red available because they were possibly sold. Possibly sold? With a house I can understand, with a car, com'on -- it's either sold or the people are thinking about it. And if I'm there saying that I'm ready to buy and I'll come down to the lot... hmmm.

The NW may be different. Don't know. Maybe they're all in the same "boat" that IsellHondas is. But I also know that a lot of these dealerships are owned by the same group -- although they might not be called by the corporate name. Upper Volta Honda and BillyBob Honda may have the same ownership and they've decided that they're not going to sell from their stock for below $22K.

What's a consumer to do? Make the best deal in your area after you've done your research. As a consumer, you really don't know the business relationships between the dealerships (even if they're corporate cousins).
    Lithia is the biggest (I think) in the NW and Honda is one of their brands. 83 stores means a lot of consolidation, so you may have to travel even farther to get a real deal.

Allocation of inventory was a big issue with Honda back in the '80's (freerepublic.com) but you'd think those kinds of shenanigans fell by the wayside after all the indictments.

"Possibly sold" I can understand since you have several salespeople moving cars and no listing agent acting as a gatekeeper like you do with a unique house.

Steve, Host
  • bshelbshel Member Posts: 232
    Hey, I got a little box of fudge ("to sweeten the deal" or something printed on it) and they gave me a ice scraper with their logo on it. The thing I liked the most was the (dealer logo) key ring though - my previous Hondas' had smaller car keys/remotes - this new one, plus the remote, are pretty big. Now, I can separate my other keys with the spring action thing.
    Since folks do put deposits down, they may use that term too. I think the deposit is refundable if you decide not to buy once your vehicle arrives, from the "back lot" or overseas.
    Hi Steve (Host),
    Lithia is the largest auto group in southern OR, but it is not in the Portland Metro area. When I did my internet research and asked for price quotes, I did not put a restriction where in the state and I did not hear from any one at Lithia. In my area the auto market is basically dominated by 2 very large auto groups and they set the price for everyone. I got the best quote I could from one of the big guys who is about 60 miles from me. Then I called my small town dealership and asked if they would match the price because I really wanted to deal with our little dealership and they said "yes", so I bought from them. I live in a rural area of the state so I like to give my hometown dealership my business. They also have low cost oil changes with coupon for $21.95. So hopefully when that time comes it will be a good outcome.
  • ace2004ace2004 Member Posts: 22
    Can anyone tell me what a 2004 CRV is going for in NY NJ or CT, & what dealer used?
    Thanks in advance.
    ACE2004
  • vvvkptvvvkpt Member Posts: 1
    I paid $ 19, 410 before Taxes, for LX - 2WD, with leather upgrade and security system thrown in.

I am not sure, if that is a good deal!.

What do you guys think ?. Is it a good deal ?.
    I heard today that JD Powers did a report on cars that have been on the road for 3 years. It was based on reliability, among other things, and the first time they have done a report of this kind. I would like to find a copy of that report, but I can't find it. I went to the JD Powers website, but did not come up with this report. I sure would appreciate any help with this. Apparently Honda faired better than many of the the other Japanese companies. It was superior to Toyota,which will blow my brother (a Toyota loyalist) away. Lexus came out #1 by a long ways. Anyway, thanks for the help.
    I believe the prices posted have varied, if you do a search on here. I have seen quite a few buyers extend the search area to get better prices. Here in Philly area, saw ad for Conicelli Honda for $20,500 2004 EX auto. I was surprised, as when I purchased in February, that dealership was one that claimed they were getting close to MSRP. I went with Scott Honda/West Chester (PA), although several dealers in NJ were quite competitive.