Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rlbjr2rlbjr2 Member Posts: 91
    rkj1,
    Based on that price it looks like you paid less than invoice? How did you go about negotiating?
  • gecoffingecoffin Member Posts: 6
    I had a quote from them after christmas, when they had all the discounts going. the price they quoted me was about 1K higher than December. I wrote them back and asked If they would honor the Dec price that they have me. They said sure and I figured out the Taxes, tags and $399 paperwork price and brought my title and my old 04 CRV as trade and told them my bottom line. They even threw in the all the extra's the put on the CRV. I think I got it for $27650, which included frieght
  • falcooatfalcooat Member Posts: 2
    Just paid $23,150 +TTL (5%) w/all season mats included, AHFC financed at 3.95%, an extended HondaCare warranty for 8yrs/100K for $955, and $1000 more than what I was expecting ($500 less than what I was hoping) for our trade in. The negotiation was painless, and wasn't expecting to walk home with a car yesterday!

I think this is a pretty good deal based on what I have seen on this site, but am wondering if they are starting to lower prices b/c of other car company incentives and the fact that the 2010 are now 6 months old?

Anyway, I hope it was a good deal since we weren't desperate to buy, and we sacrificed our very spacious Honda Odyssey! At least now I can get some sleep after spending hours doing research online. :)
  • ant26ant26 Member Posts: 3
    Best deal I could get was $23,900 for a 2010 CR-V EX 4WD including docs and dealer fees. Paid TTL also, no sales tax here. Maybe could have gotten another $50-100 off, but was satisfied. This is in the Portland, Oregon area. This works out to $150 less than invoice+delivery, I tried lower but didn't get anywhere.
    So, is invoice a pretty good and fair deal for an EX-L in NJ?
  • malachai1malachai1 Member Posts: 40
    you can get a exl from a northen dealer for 500.00 under invoice. 26 even. If you want that deal hit me up. at realm306@aol.com
    Are you at a dealership? If so, which? PM me if needed.
  • jayk_pdxjayk_pdx Member Posts: 2
    Just got a CR-V LX for $100 over invoice from Beaverton (OR) Honda (plus $100 advertising fee and delivery). Very pleasant dealing with the internet sales guy. Only annoying part was the finance manager - she told us that the factory warranty really only covered the first year and then did the hard sell on various extended warranties ranging from $2500 to over $5K. Guess they weren't too thrilled we were paying cash. Needless to say we passed. They also charged us $69 for some kind of 'micro dot' security thing that is there mostly for their benefit (they told us we would get $5K if the car was stolen and not recovered, but when I read the contract we really only get $3K and the delearship gets the other $2K).

These guys like to install various options on the cars while they're still on the lot. Back in December, when CR-Vs were scarce around here, most of the non-nav models had been upgraded with a Rosen in-dash GPS system. I think they were marking them up $2.5K for that (and it's a pretty crappy system - graphics quality is poor and it crashed during our test-drive). When we bought ours we didn't see any with that upgrade, but most had the roof rack installed (+$400) and the front mud guards (+$100). They offered to take off the roof rack (ours didn't have it anyway), and we didn't push them on the mud guards (although maybe we should have since you can buy these on-line for $40). Nice that all the CR-Vs come standard with floor mats and a full tank of gas.

We're happy with the car - shopping around for an in-dash GPS now.
  • ant26ant26 Member Posts: 3
    Beaverton is where I got mine too. The additional features including data dots can be refused - I demanded these be omitted or removed. They insisted they were worthwhile, but agreed to omit them in the end. All these features are available online (as you mentioned) for half of MSRP, and you don't pay install costs if you're willing to install.

Sounds like you got a fair deal regardless.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how can a dealer sell at $500 below invoice if the holdback is about $500?
  • rkj1rkj1 Member Posts: 11
    Here is the break down:
    $21195 (This is about the invoice and that I got including destination) + TTL = $23200 (OTD). Here is a simple method. Spend atleast a month on bidding war asking quotes thru Edumnds.com or any other site to every single dealer in your area and then then ask to beat the price from one to other. The golden line is : The best price are always offered at the end of the month because that is closing time for dealers and they want to get rid of inventory..
    edited April 2010
    Dunno maybe there is more under the table then we know. If you want the deal LMK I'll go with you. I just say your a family friend ect... This dealer does add 200.00 for that B.S window eching, So maybe there making some money up there.
    Are these legit fees or can they be removed? I'm in NJ.
    Window etch $189
    Credit Processing $19
    Online registration fee $7.70
    Tire tax $7.50
    Electronic signing fee $7.50
    MV fees(4 yrs.) $300-322
    Doc fee $269
    Are you going to buy a 2010 crv any time soon? If so and we go to my guy that i been dealing with maybe we can swing a better deal then 26000.00. What part of NJ are you from?
  • haw1haw1 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    I just purchased a CRV EXL from a central Jersey Honda dealership. I paid the following fees,
    Online registration fee $6.50
    NJ motor vehicle tire fee $7.50
    Title fee $60.00
    Registration fee (4 yrs.) $211.00
    Doc fee $249
    The car is actually for my parents. They are ready to buy right now. I'm in northern NJ, and have quotes from most dealers. What dealer are you dealing with? What are the total fees involved? PM me if you don't want to post the dealers name. Thanks.
    edited December 2008
    What did you get the price of the car down to?
  • dsfingerdsfinger Member Posts: 11
    Just purchased a 2010 CRV Ex-L w/o Navi in Maryland. I think I got a really good deal. Paid $26108 plus TTT. I really hadn't found anything less with a ton of research.
  • baydrivebaydrive Member Posts: 48
    The window etch was not a standard thing at the dealership I went to....they tried to sell it to me, but I refused it.. I paid a Doc Fee of $199 and MV fees of around $250 (4 years). I also had to pay the tire tax, but I did not have to pay a credit processing, online registration or electronic signing fee (I am assuming that is covered under Doc Fees). Look at the bottom line. I paid invoice for the car. If they are giving you below that then maybe they are tacking on some smaller fees to make up for it. Are you able to get the color you want?
  • haw1haw1 Member Posts: 2
    $26,100 + TTL
  • suncowiamsuncowiam Member Posts: 2
    I just got mine for 20100 before T&L.

OTD was $22450 @ AutoWest Honda in Fremont, CA. They will quote you 20350 and you can bargain down.

My tax is high which around 10%. =(

Happy with my deal.
  • dreeb1dreeb1 Member Posts: 4
    Hey all,

Just picked up my 2010 CR-V EX-l and had forlights installed. Now I am a little bitter because I no longer have Auto Headlight feature. Did I get ripped off or is something not right? I would like to have the auto lights. Dealership didn't bother to mention the deletion of that feature.
  • suncowiamsuncowiam Member Posts: 2
    Well, I also own a Subaru WRX that comes with fog lights and day time lights together. So I would say that you're screwed. This is something they definitely should have told you.
  • stldon1stldon1 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Can anyone share pricing in the St. Louis, Kansas City regions?

Thanks
  • dreeb1dreeb1 Member Posts: 4
    Just went back to the dealership and after having two service advisers look up the part; there are two different parts. So it looks like I will have my auto light feature back! Buyer beware if you add foglights to your CR-V. Auto light feature is only available on the EX-L model...
  • carolinagirl48carolinagirl48 Member Posts: 18
    I own a 2007 CRV EX-L and have purchased Honda fog lights to install. Can you give me specific information that will help me? I don't want the problems you had.
  • crvdude1crvdude1 Member Posts: 47
    Hi dreeb1,

I was comparing the 2007-2009 and 2010 fog lights spec. It looks like they are different. The 2010 has the AUTO mode and 2007-2009 does not. Do you think the dealer did not order the correct fog lights for your 2010 V?

http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/10fogs.pdf
    see page 12

http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/07fog.pdf
    see page 13
  • carbuyer2011carbuyer2011 Member Posts: 6
    Hello Varsi,

Are you still in market for CRV or have already bought one. I am also in Raleigh and ready to buy a CRV LX 2WD, would you like to share some experience or dealer information. thanks.

my email: vivibaobao2006@yahoo.com
  • eruditereseruditeres Member Posts: 9
    contact me at
    erudite.res at betaemail. com

You should be able to get this at the price I got. check my other post for price. All other dealers gave up at much above level at that one..
  • hondaman82hondaman82 Member Posts: 5
    Just bough my CRV EX 2WD in so-cal for $24710 OTD , i think its not bad, right? (22337 + tax/tag)
  • 4over200k4over200k Member Posts: 18
    That is an awesome price - congrats!
    Anyone with a 2007 CRV with feedback on their owner experience? Particularly those with high miles? I am considering a used but mint EXL FWD with 78K on it. The price is 16K from a dealer after talking them down a bit. Buying used Hondas seems expensive due to the high residual and resale - they just don't depreciate that much. All Highway driving - 575 miles per week. Thanks.
  • carolinagirl48carolinagirl48 Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2010
    I have a 2007 EXL FWD, just what you are looking at. I have been extremely happy with mine. I bought it new in December 2006, and have about 45k on it. If it is in mint condition, $16,000 sounds like a real deal. I paid close to $26,000 OTD when I purchased it.
    Thanks for your answer and information. What kind of highway gas mileage are you experiencing?
    Thanks!
  • carbuyer2011carbuyer2011 Member Posts: 6
    got lots of information here, especially got some nice reply. Therefore, I would like to share my buying experience here, feel free to contact me if you need any dealer information.(vivibaobao2006@yahoo.com)

I am in Raleigh NC. Just got my 2010 CRV LX 2WD with car selling price$ 20,200 plus tags,tax 3% and $399 document fee, so the OTD price is around $21,300. I did the finance, The APR is 3.99% up to 36 months.
  • euglee25euglee25 Member Posts: 4
    Hoping for some feedback (more reassurance actually) from the folks who are on this forum. We just bought the 2010 CRV EX-L w/o Navi for $28,500 OTD. We live in San Diego so the taxes were obviously higher. After three grueling hours at the dealership (DCH Honda of Lemon Grove), we finally got it down to $25,766+TTL. Other dealers in San Diego were quoting us $26,100 before TTL so we thought this wasn't *too* bad of a deal considering CRVs are being sold like hotcakes right now. Anyhow, what do you all think? Appreciate any responses (good or bad). Thanks!
  • dotratmadotratma Member Posts: 1
    I also just bought this car (I'm in Boston, MA) and my final price after a week of haggling was $25,661 before TTL. We're in the same ball park so I think we both did pretty well. All the other dealers I spoke to wouldn't go below $25,910. Happy driving!
  • bargainhardbargainhard Member Posts: 7
    Might be too late for you but, we own a 2008 CR-V EXL AWD. Once we got rid of the OEM tires it handles great in the snow. We put on 4 Goodyear Triple Tred Forturas and it has made an incredible difference. We live outside of Cleveland and had no problems. The CR-V doesn't handle as well as out BMW 330xi (with Blizzaks) but it is still very good. Good luck.
  • sd_galsd_gal Member Posts: 1
    Hello Euglee25,

Can you please let me know the contact info for the person you got the car from. I am looking to pick up the same car (or even the one with Navigation) and I live in San Diego as well.

Thank you!
  • prraoprrao Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I too am in the process of getting the EX-L w/out Navi in the Boston area. Got a 25,660 quote from one dealer, with TTL extra. And a 25,777 quote from another, which includes destination charge. The 25,660 quote doesn't mention anything about destination charge, so not sure if it is included or not. Also not sure what other charges they'll try to hit me with.

The only thing on top of your 25,661 rate is TTL? Which dealer did you buy from?
  • euglee25euglee25 Member Posts: 4
    We actually worked with two different salesman. The first guy (Robert) was very nice and easy to work with. Unfortunately, he had to leave for a family emergency so the second guy (Bob) worked with us. He was okay. We would've preferred working entirely with Robert though.

Hope that helps and good luck!
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I am in Nashville, Tennessee and I would like to know where I could get the best deal on a 2010 CR-V LX. Thanks in advance.
  • dsfingerdsfinger Member Posts: 11
    I found the best prices in Maryland. Got a great deal at Hagerstown Honda.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    Does anyone know of the back-door incentives being given to dealers now? Honda never advertises rebates; it is always through the back-door. The problem with that is that the buyer often does not know about those. Thanks in advance for any reply.
    Not currently - however it can pay off to establish a relationship with a sales person and committ to making a purchase within a set number of months - ask that he/she keep in communicaion with you about "best" opportunities. And watch dealer sites for Internet specials/coupons.

Generally - from my experience the best times to make deals are in order (3) end of month, (2) end of quarter, (1) end of Honda fiscal year. Re 1 - I believe that is still the last week of June. When I buy a new Honda (after determining what model fits our needs) I usually inform the largest 3 area dealers what I intend to purchase within the next 48-72 hours - and mean it.

Honda never does a loyalty rebate or incentive unlike Toyota and Subaru.
  • rsttoolersttoole Member Posts: 4
    The prior posts all show prices about $1,000 below what True Car shows. Are these prices for the 2WD model maybe? Or are the True Car prices inflated (by dealers?).
  • mason08mason08 Member Posts: 1
    I'm shopping for a 2010 CR-V LX by getting quotes on line. I'm in north Alabama.

The best quote that I have gotten is $20,490 out-the-door before sales tax.
  • sophi1sophi1 Member Posts: 5
    I am in the market for a 2010 CRV EXL. My burning question is, "what are data dots".
  • smg104nowsmg104now Member Posts: 1
    Just had delivered yesterday April 30, 2010 from Honda of Freehold:
    OTD - $25,400 (Everything, including Destination charge)
    Breakdown are as follows:
    Car Price = $23,236.45
    Tax = $1,625.55 (NJ 7.0%)
    Reg Fee=$288.00
    Etc. Fee=$249

I did not really bother how were the numbers broke down because I negotiated the OTD, to make it simple cause those small amount the dealer sneak-in last minute will adds-up. I also made it sure the carpeted floor mats included in the price and the trunk cover (I don't know how they call that)
    Hope this help ! !

Academy Honda (Old Bridge) OTD = $25,600 and we walked away.
  • judyepjudyep Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2010
    Just returned from the dealer with my new CRV-EXL-AWD-Urban Metallic... i did everything by internet and email communication.
    price 25,500-including $710 destination charge
    1785 tax
    299 registration-4 years
    398-dealer fee
    7.50 tire
    8.30-internet fee
    Total OTD-27,998
    What do you think?