Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda Protege Prices Paid and Buying Experience

12346»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    It's funny... The post before yours is nearly a year old.. and talks about good availability.. But, I've been looking for used Proteges recently, and they are few and far between...

I think the Mazdaspeed model is pretty cool.. It didn't get rave reviews, though... and towards the end of the run they were getting discounted pretty heavily.. Of course, that doesn't mean much, now that it's five years later..

There aren't many comparables to judge that price on... A loaded ES with only 20K miles would probably have an $11K-$12K asking price... so, the price isn't way out of line and those miles are very low..

I guess it just depends on how much you want it.. :)

It isn't some weird color is it? Didn't they have orange and yellow in the Speed version?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 11b33t11b33t Member Posts: 51
    Thanks for the reply and you're correct that one rarely sees a Protoge for sale for very long. I've also liked the Mazdaspeed but had never looked at them because I have my 92 LX that's still zooming along quite well.

I did a carfax report on the car and it's clean as a whistle e.g. single owner, 20k actual miles reported, every tune-up done at the dealer is listed etc. It looks extremely good to me..

Luckily the car is blue versus those wild orange & yellow options that were available for those who dare to be different! :shades:

I'll take that test drive and have a mechanic lok at it her before I make the final choice. I'll drop a note on whatever the outcome is.
    Now the proud owner of a Laser Blue 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege! Parked her besides my 92 LX and can say that I still get a kick from owning Mazdas. These are two great cars and I can see where the 03 MSP got its good looks from! ;)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Nice! Good luck with it...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fastmastersfastmasters Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 03 LX with 49,500 miles for $7400 in central IL. Clean little car, just drove a 1500 mile trip on it and liked what I felt. What advice would owners add?
    BTW-STILL enjoying my '86 B2000, and had to put down my 84 GLC about seven years ago. It served me very well-over 215K and no timing replaced.

Guess you'd say I'm a Mazda loyalist? :)
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Tuesday means Mazda chat night! The chat opens at 8:45 pm ET and runs until 10 pm ET. I hope you're able to join us tonight to meet and greet with your fellow CarSpace members!
    See you there!
    congrats on the 03 LX. Just ensure you keep to the maintenance schedule and I'm pretty sure you'll have minimal issues. You've got one the better small sedans in the market but I've been a Mazda owner since 1992 so lump me in with the loyalists.. ;)
This discussion has been closed.