Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• mwcoxmwcox Member Posts: 13
    Good News. I just read an article in Automotive News. Says that the Nissan engineering team redesigned and made design notes to suppliers regarding 200 parts in the Quest/Titan/Armada. They addressed issues such as squeaking windows/windshields/doors, poor AC operation, and other common complaints. All of the changes are to be implemented in 2005 models in an effort to increase the JD Powers new car survey results. The engineer went on to say that they would drive and review the first of the 2005's in late August.
  • messmess Member Posts: 26
    Anyone know a friendly front range service dept??
  • jack danielsjack daniels Member Posts: 8
    The dealer will can do it. The reason they don't like to is it "messess up" the invoice. The dealer I am working with has offered to do it free of charge. I wrote Nissan and they said it is a local dealer's choice to do it and there is no issue with safety or warranty being invalid.
  • big0147big0147 Member Posts: 15
    Ok, I have over 6,000 miles on my LE and it has started to really shudder when I apply the brakes. What is and where is the tsb for this problem and is turning the rotors the only fix
  • golfhackgolfhack Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Jack, Thats the answer I was looking for!!!! BTW I'm a Jim Beam man myself!!!
  • offroadnarmadaoffroadnarmada Member Posts: 65
    please tell me they plan on fixing the 2004 model vehicles!! I have had every problem thats been "fixed" come back up within the last week. no good, no good.
  • 04armadagalaxy04armadagalaxy Member Posts: 11
    I just returned from a 4 day trip to Atlanta and the vehicle is averaging 18.5 mpg with the AC on all the time.

Dropped the vehicle at the dealer to service squeak from rear console, broken passenger seat lever, and imperfections in windshield. Sqeak is gone, lever on order, and I have to see service mgr next week (on vacation) for windshield replacement.

My complaints were mild ones, so I waited until I ran the mileage up to find all defective issues and have them all resolved at once.

I am very happy with my Armada. The only nightmare I have is cleaning the beast!
  • 514329514329 Member Posts: 60
    what's the problem w/ your armada, I just came back from an 1100 miles, 18 hrs. drive straight to L.A and another 1100 miles back w/ only stopping for gas and never notice any mechanical problem except for some rattles on my doors and at the back (the buckles of those seatbelt). the doors were taken care of by adding foam. my gas mileage was 18.9mpg at 75 mph (2100 rpm) going to L.A w/ 2 1/4 full tank but 16.5 mpg at 85 mph going back. driving through I70 at 10600 ft. elevation at 70 mph was a breeze. the engine power was amazing. now its 3100 miles but so far so good w/o any brake problem but I'm watching for it.
  • 04armada04armada Member Posts: 1
    Ok, at the risk of sounding stupid: We purchased a 04 Armada and we have 16k miles on it. We haul a 24ft. toy hauler and I would say the total weight is about 8 thousand pounds (this includes the bikes, water, gas etc.) We take it out about twice a month and we have had no problems. Of course diesel trucks race past us, but other than that we are happy with the truck. We did have some problems last November when there was a lot of noises coming from the top console, but we took to the dealer and they fixed them. But by reading the board I get the impression that the truck is junk. Should I be worried???
  • sub9904sub9904 Member Posts: 72
    Only worry about your Armada not what other people post. Obviously there are a lot of people out there that are perfectly happy. Sounds like you should be one too. 16k miles and towing that much w/out any brake problem? Yeah you should be happy.
  • btill1btill1 Member Posts: 69
    My Armada has 15,000 miles on it with no major issues except my drivers side window has failed again. This is the second time it will not go up all the way, I am lucky it is summer time The last time was only a couple of weeks ago and they replaced some track, but it is off the track again. Is anyone else having similar problems, one time I can put up with but the second time is very frustrating.
  • davemandaveman Member Posts: 19
    I agree. There are lots of happy Armada owners out there. I am convinced that the negative posts on this site exaggerate the scope of the problems. This is certainly understandable. If I was one of the unfortunate few who purchased a piece of junk, I would be complaining here and at other sites as often as possible.

There are obviously more first year problems with the Armada than anyone would like, but me, and a bunch of other people are happy with our trucks. I see no reason for me to think that my great running truck is junk because of the messages on this site.
    I think the Armada is a great vehicle, considering this is the first year of production. The vehicle will only get better as time goes on. Believe me, the competition is looking over their shoulder!
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    "the competition is looking over their shoulder!"

ummm....no.

they are looking way ahead of them, trying to catch up to the 305 HP.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I had to do a little housecleaning - I know you understand why! :-)

tidester, host
  • fordf350fordf350 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy a new or used SUV for wife. She likes Yukon or Aramada. Anyone that can give me some real pros cons to each? Like how cheap expedition is. Hate the lack of power.
    Thanks
  • blakewdblakewd Member Posts: 10
    If I decide to get an Armada and the delear doesn't have what I want; if I special order can I still negotiate from invoice and am I still eligible for the interest or cash back offers?
    If you decide to purchase an Armada, check the build date inside the driver's door. There are quite a few early builds still on the lots and they had quality issues. Mine was built in March 2004 and it's almost trouble free. All of my issues with the Armada was taken care of with the exception of a windshield defect, I will talk to the Service mgr today. I purchased mine in April and have 11,000 mile on it. It's great to drive and has lots of power!
    you can negotiate anything you want...but the incentives are only available at the time of delivery. IOW, if the rebates are gone when yours arrives, then you are S.O.L.
  • yamamotoyamamoto Member Posts: 8
    Read my other post on the QX56. If you think it is too wordy, read the bottom with the link to the National Highway Traffic Safety Authority.

If you are experiance the same problem be sure to post a complaint on their web site.

yamamoto "Infiniti QX56" Aug 10, 2004 10:56am
  • llajumpvidllajumpvid Member Posts: 76
    I am currently going through this exact issue with Nissan and my Armada. The dealer has had the vehicle for almost a week and after saying all week they couldn't release the vehicle because it was a liability/safety issue they said that it is functioning normally. They did not change anything, they got a 120lb co worker to sit in the seat and said that if she sat "exactly in the center of the seat the light went off". I told them that the way the seat sensor is suppose to work from my research is:

The Titan/Armada Salesman's Manual states:

(page 51)

"Federal regulations now require that the right front passenger airbag be automatically suppressed when a rear-facing child safety seat is installed in the right front passenger seating position, or modified when that seating position is occupied by a child or small adult under approximately 45 kg (102 lbs.). Armada and Titan are both equipped with an Occupant Classification System (OCS) to determine the weight of the right front passenger. This system may suppress or modify passenger airbag deployment depending on seat occupancy."

As confirmed by Nissan Customer Care:

Suppression means the passenger airbag system is completely disabled,
    Modified means the passenger airbag system is enabled, but will deploy with less force.

In other words under 60lbs the light is on the airbag is off, over 60lbs less than 102 light is off airbag set to modified deployment, over 102 light off and full functioning airbag.

I stated that it seemed very unlikely that a 120lb passenger could sit anywhere on the seat and not exert over 60lbs to turn off the light, unless they are clear on the edge of the seat which has never been the issue. I got the it works properly if you sit "exactly in the center of the seat" response. BS!

I'm not going to accept this response. On another issue they voided my warranty for fixing the roof resonance because "the headliner was entered without a Nissan Certified Tech present". My entering the headliner consisted of taking down the plastic overhead console and reaching into the hole behind the console, replacing a missing bolt in a support bracket (QC have anymeaning with Nissan), duct tapping the foam blocks that had fallen out (from the excessive roof vibration I'm guessing if they were even installed correctly) back in place and a piece of tape on the video wire that was threaded through.

Everything was done by reaching through the access hole and nothing pulled down. How they can even make such a statement is beyond me. I will be re stating my case and asking for written proof that my reaching into the hole would of caused the resonance and banging sound that is coming from above the rear passenger area. Also a letter stating the passenger seat is functioning as designed. I'm contemplating some other avenues if they don't step up and provide satisfactory results.
  • yamamotoyamamoto Member Posts: 8
    I strongly advise you to learn what the lemon law is for the state you live in. By the way what state do you live in? I tried sending letters to nhtsa, state attorney general, federal trade commission, and dmv. None of these agencies were much of a help.

I would strongly urge you to file a complaint with the nhtsa, and contact an attorney who may take you case on contingency. I was advised not to use the Better Business Beureu (sp?) Autoline because it may hurt you if lose then you take it infront of a jury.

Best of luck, dont stop until they fix it.
  • scott174scott174 Member Posts: 74
    Well,
    I just received my Armada back from the Dealer because of a grinding noise from the front. I didn't even think it would be the brakes considering they were just replaced at 8400 miles. (I now have 12200 miles) This is now my 2nd brake job!!
    When I spoke to the service manager he told me that replacing brakes on "such a large suv" within 6000 miles is normal. He said that Toyota has the same occurance on the Sequoia. I can't seem to agree with this. My previous suv and cars would last 30,000-45,000 miles on the pads.
    Because of my litigation with Nissan regarding my Armada, and the fact that I was just over the 12000 mile mark, they did not charge me for the $390.00 it would cost for the front brake job. Nissan is no longer covering the cost of the brake jobs under warranty on the Armadas!! He also suspects that Nissan will be coming out with a TSB that would include bigger pads and calipers.
    If his statements are true, could you imagine going to the dealer for a brake job every time you get an oil change?? I cant!!
    I just dropped off my Armada for the third time in the last 2 months for the same issue the drivers side window keeps coming off of its track and thus makes the window inoperable. The amazing thing was that a Titan was pulled in right behind me at the dealer and he had the same exact problem he was there for his third time. Is anyone else having this problem? I will be contacting Nissan this afternoon. Does anyone have any suggestions for me as to what possible options I could have? This is very frustrating as to not have any confidence in a $40,000 vehicle.
  • gkatz1gkatz1 Member Posts: 296
    It's not normal to have to replace brakes that frequently. My 2002 Sequoia had over 20K miles when I traded it in and the brakes never needed attention and still had plenty of life in them.
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Member Posts: 91
    I am taking my Armada in tomorrow and am leaving for however long it takes. I need to drive it but I can't stand all of the problems anymore. I will post the results after I get it back. Here is what I am getting done. (hopefully)

1. Popping noise when I take off, sorta a clicking, popping, hard to describe but does it in a double or a triple click. Rear end? Front end? I can't tell but it does it every time you take off after sitting only a couple of minutes. Every time!
    2. Both front seats squeak bad! When you shift your weight or go around a curve it will drive you nuts.
    3. Drivers seat has problems. If you sit on the edge of the seat (not touch the controls) the seat back will close in on you. When you sometimes slide out, the seat will close in on you. When I get in the vehicle each morning, the seat back has to be lowered back. (each and every time) So it somehow moves after you get out. I think maybe a short? A friend has leather seats and his is doing the same thing so he is waiting for me to be the guinea pig.
    4. TSB- Brakes- This is my second time. They refuse to replace the rotors even this time. I called the factory reps as people here said to do but they said they have to follow the bulletin and unless the rotors are out of spec, they only turn them. I argued but it was useless. I don't know what else to do but the brakes are shaking really bad. They lasted about 3,000 miles before they started to pulse from the last time. Hopefully the rotor is out of tolerance.
    5. Front End - Steering wheel shakes wildly when you go over bumps, it is hard to hold it.
    6. TSB- Roof Fix- Finally had all I can take of the rumbling noise. It will be fixed or they will have a problem on their hands.
    7. My front overhead console has already been replaced. It is very tight. I felt of the rear one and it is loose, you can press it up and down. It should fit tight like the new front one. They can deal with this when they do the roof fix
    8. TSB - Front End Alignment - My Armada has 12,500 miles on it. The tires have been rotated 3 times already. The passenger front tire is wearing badly. I expect to get about 20k miles out of it if I am lucky. The others are ok.
    9. Tire Balance - Tires need balancing again. This is my 3rd time to balance them. The last time was 2,500 miles ago. This thing has so many shakes and shimmies it is hard to tell what the problems are.
    NOTE: Loud Rotor Sound under hood - It mysteriously stopped. It did it for about 10,000 miles and then stopped. The dealer could not figure it out even when I posted a fix for it that someone else had done. They have never heard of a purge valve control. Anyway, it will probably come back.

Sorry for the long post. This is the most problems I have ever had with any vehicle. You name it, I have or still have it. I talked to the factory rep and they told me that there have been many complaints and to take it in and ask for everything to be completed. We will see. I am prepared to leave it as long as it takes.
  • warrant_erowarrant_ero Member Posts: 16
    Sorry to hear about all your problems; when was your Armada built? I hope you get all your issues resolved. Steering has been a problem on a few vehicles.
    "They have never heard of a purge valve control."

this part was probably a post from a troll. these happen alot, so try not to rely on fixes posted on message boards.

let me know how everything goes.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Nonsense. You can find posts on here everyday where people got fixes or diagnoses from other owners. I've gotten a bunch myself.

Steve, Host
  • presplanpresplan Member Posts: 30
    I just got my car back from my first service (approx 3,700 miles) and felt a lot of shaking in the steering wheel while going over bumps. I noticed the tire pressure monitor said 38psi for each tire (I assume they put more air in the tires). I read the sticker for recommended psi and it says 35 (on the side of the door). I took some air out of the tires, down to 35psi, and it seems to ride smoother. Any one else notice the same thing? what psi do you maintain for your tires?
    (as far as build date, I am not sure but mine was one of the first, I bought it the last week of November)

Well, I dropped it off early this morning but didn't hear anything back. I know they have their hands full. I did request the dynamat for the roof and said I would gladly supply it and even install it, but don't have an answer to that either. I am going to give them time to do what is needed and try and be patient. If it isn't fixed, I just won't pick it up, until they confirm with either another dealership how to fix a particular problem, or get help from the factory.

As far as the purve valve, there was someone who posted quite a while back having my same problem (which is gone for now) about the rotor sound from under the hood. He said he finally took it in and it did seem to work. I posted again, and he said the name of the part was a purge control valve or something like that. I belive it was legit. They (dealership)was supposed to check into it the last time and get back to me after they looked up the part and what it does,(in April) but I never heard back. I will let that one go for now because how do you repair something that isn't there? Again, I am going to be patient and give them the chance to make good on what is wrong. No need to jump to conclusions that they won't fix the items when they just got it this morning.
  • 514329514329 Member Posts: 60
    when I purchase my armada, the ride was a little bit rough so from my experience, the next morning, I check the tire pressure and it's 44 psi so I check the tire indication and says 44 max while the one on the door says 35 psi max so I let some air loose until it gets to 35 psi and the ride was smoother and rattle free but my gas mileage suffers a little bit and after a week, my tire pressure monitor beeps so I put it to 37 psi and the ride was a little bouncy but as soon as my tank is almost empty, my tire monitor sensor beeps again so I put it to 40 psi and so far so good. I figure it out that if the car is not loaded the tire pressure is lesser than the tire monitor pressure setting. when I replace my wife's Path LE 01 tire w/ a General Grabber from Sears they put 27 psi and the ride was very car like while the indication on the door says 32 psi and every time I bring it for oil change, the dealer put the tire pressure to 32 psi and I notice it right away cause the ride is rough so I take off some of it and beside Sears garranty me it won't wear off faster and beside I purchase there warranty.
  • adjmcloonadjmcloon Member Posts: 70
    To all the naysayers (I've been one):

I've had a lot of the issues that you all have had- brakes, resonance, squeaks, rattles, window regulators, etc. etc.

Pretty much all of the issues have been resolved by the dealer, and all of them (except maybe the resonance) have been minor. I'm pretty sure with the new round of fixes in Canton the 05's will be great.

The engine and tranny in this vehicle are excellent. Actually, they're outstanding in my opinion. I know reading different forums that the newer Titans and Armadas are already improved.

If you're shopping for an Armada, check out other forums (titantalk.com is great) and do your research. This site is full of negative air- way more than most other forums I've visited. That's not a judgement against anyone, by the way, as I've vented my share of frustration in the past here.

After getting these 1st year issues fixed, I am really pleased with my Armada. Unlike my Tahoe (which left me stranded at 20k miles on the side of the road) this SUV has really turned out to be a joy to drive and I'm confident will be good for the long haul.
    I agree with what you have said I to love my Armada, but I have had the drivers side window come out of its track 3 times, making it inoperable. This has been highly frustrating, I am nervous that every time I put the window down I may not be able to get the window back up. This is known problem to Nissan but they do not have a fix at this time.
    btill,

Has the dealer not fixed your issue? I have the occasional problem with my driver's side window not wanting to roll up, but if I wait a few seconds and try again it will. It's going into service today for that and a wheel alignment.

You can view all of the TSB's for the Armada at
    http://www.nissan-techinfo.com

The only thing I've seen on windows is the regulators. If you are experiencing your window problem even after taking it to a dealer for repair I'd look around for another dealer. I have only seen a few posts like yours around the internet, and all of those folks got the issue resolved. The ones that had the most trouble were dealing with crappy service departments.
    I called and left a message for my Dealer Rep and she just called me back. I dropped off my Armada early tuesday morning and they pulled it right into the shop. So far this is all that is done.

1. Squeaky drivers and passenger seats. (pivot bolts or something like that will have to be greased over time)

Thats it!

They say I have no popping when I take off that they can find. ( It does it every time, loud!) The tech who drove it the last time when I took him for a ride heard it and said, man that is loud, I didnt' hear it before. That is when I was picking up my vehicle so couldn't leave it any longer. Well, he is no longer there.

They say I have no resonance and they can't hear any roof noise over a bumpy road. I have one of the first builds and it isn't all the time as you all know. But when it is doing it over the bumpy roads, it is quite annoying. Even with high winds it is bad.

The seat moving when you sit on the edge, (keep in mind I am not touching the controls) they said it doesn't do that and they have tried. I can go and make it do it right now.

Front end is badly out of alignment. Yes it is out pretty bad but sorry, you missed the warranty (even though there is a TSB out on it) by 450 miles so you have to pay 79.95 for the alignment. The worn out front tire is my problem. (been rotated 3 times but they only show 2 times) They said I must have ran into a big pot hole and knocked it out of alignment.

Steering wheel shaking bad when you go over bumps. They said they can't make it do it but I must be driving very fast as the way it is, is normal. I told them to keep driving as it is not normal for the steering wheel to shake on a bumpy road.

Brake TSB- Yep there is a problem but a new brake TSB just came out because the old one must have not been working. They said now, I have to have some sort of shims but they don't know what it is. They don't have them so have to order them. They will not replace my rotors so this is my 2nd turning.

Tire balance. Yeah, you had them done 2,500 miles ago and they need it again, and you pay!

I refuse to pick my vehicle unless these items are fixed. I am tired of fooling with them. I have a call into Nissan consumer affairs to see what can be done. I do need my vehicle to drive but I will not pick it up until these items (which are not my imagination) are repaired. The front end alignment really makes me mad. Why did they put out a TSB if there wasn't a problem?? So now I will soon have to buy a new tire because that one is cupped pretty bad and the tread is really low compared to the other tires. The service rep is very nice and I feel she is trying, but that isn't good enough. I need to get this thing fixed. I have no complaints about her customer service, just the dealer for not figuring this out.

I just left 2 messages with 2 consumer affair reps. I don't know what to do. I am so aggravated. I expect that in order to address these things, I am looking at another week of being without my vehicle. I don't think it is right to not provide a vehicle when one has so many problems that aren't my fault but simply factory defects.

The dealer still insists I am the only one who has complained about the Armada. Everyone else is happy. Funny thing is, when the mechanic rode with me the last time to hear the popping, I did ask him if he heard of any problems and he said 6 or 7 people have complained about the roof noise but we didn't know what to do since at that time there was not a bulletin out on it. Strange that no one else heard about it. Doesn't a vehicle have to go through other parties before it gets to the mechanic?? Of course it does. Thats all for now.
    Soldaustin,

I don't understand...there's a TSB out for the roof (had mine done in May) and it's no big deal. Why don't they just do the steps in the TSB for your resonance? Same with the brakes.

Seems like the dealer is screwing you around.
  • messmess Member Posts: 26
    He is not the only one being told that everyone with the Armada is so happy. Hardly seen any of them in.....is what I was told. BUT I don't believe it. I also have asked twice about the roof repair. 1st time...never heard of it nor can they hear it. 2nd time I told them there was a TSB fix for it, they said never heard of it, but finally found it BUT could not hear the resonance!!!! I'm so ticked off at having the approved TSB fix out there yet my dealer will not fix it. Anyone have a good service dept in DENVER????? PLEASE help me too.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    ... don't post contact information including names of salespeople.

tidester, host
  • aggiedogaggiedog Member Posts: 238
    I understand why you don't want people giving contact info but you guys never actually delete the posts with the contact info. Why?
  • scott174scott174 Member Posts: 74
    First of all you should be documenting every contact made with Nissan. Don't you have the receipt showing the three balances? You really need to search out another Dealer!!! I'm having just as many problems with mine as you. My Armada is still in the shop for a list of 12 different items. One of them is the pop/click from the rear axles. This is the 5th time they have "fixed it". My vehicle is also an early one, November 13th build. Piece of crap in my opinion. The biggest aggervation with this whole experience is the way Nissan is treating the customers that bought one of there rattling Suvs. I know that first year models have problems, but this is getting out of hand. Have you contacted a lawyer? My lawyer is saying that Nissan is one of the worse companys to deal with in the case of lemon law. Good luck, and again document everything!!
  • rparnellrparnell Member Posts: 27
    We've had our Silver LE for 6 months now and done 10,000 miles, and despite the problems I would buy another.

We've had the resonance problem - had it fixed and now have the extra work to do to repair the damage to the interior that the dealer caused - sunvisor falling off - rattles, dirt. The brakes are beginning to show some shudder - no worse than our Jeep.

Some of the interior is not as well thought out as it should be - lack of split fold seat, not the nicest quality of controls.

But here's the thing - every time my wife or I get in and turn the key we enjoy driving it. It is a big SUV, but there is little compromise in terms of performance, or comfort. We've shipped our 3 kids under 5 and family visitors around in comfort, safe in the knowledge that the safety equipment surrounding us is some of the best in the class. We've moved house and used it to cart untold quantities of furniture and rubbish around.

We've cleaned disgusting substances off the seats and carpets that our kids have left there, and the interior looks great - a little battered in a family way - but still smart.

Can the Armada be improved? Certainly - there are a thousand minor irritations that show this is Nissan's first attempt in this class. And there are quality issues that are simply unnecessary.

But when I add it all up, the car is a faithful member of our family and one that we continue to enjoy despite its shortcomings.
    I just called the dealer again to see what is up because I need to get this stuff going. I was told they didn't have a chance to drive it again and check it out but will try and do it today. So far 4 days without my Armada and just a squeaky seat fixed.

I do agree on the TSB fixes. I think they should be done and believe me, mine will be done no matter what I have to do. The factory told me yesterday they would call me back (after I called them again with no call back) that day or if not monday. Can you believe?? They know my Armada is sitting at the dealership and I need to drive it. I use if for me work. I am in Real Estate and I can't very well show property in my Trans Am. If it isn't fixed by mid next week, I have no choice but to get it back, take it to another dealership and rent a vehicle large enough to haul people around. When I asked if they would provide me a vehicle, the answer I got was, maybe for one day but thats it. Now what good would that do me??
    No I haven't contacted an attorney. I was going to give them the chance to fix it first (or rather again) and then go from there. If this doesn't work, I will have to look into that route. I really thought they would take care of it no problem. The popping/clicking sound you say is in the rear end. I really can't tell but do know it is loud and after it sits for a minute or two, take off slow and it will do it everytime. I can't belive no one can hear it. Like I said in an earlier post, I had the tech guy the last time to ride as I was picking up the vehicle and of course, he heard it then but it was too late, I couldn't leave it again.

Oh, also I had complained about the rear console not being tight. They told me the screws were tight and it wouldn't fit as snug as the front (new one I got) one. Now why would that be? It was loose before but now the new one is very tight. I also asked about installing the Dynamat on tuesday but not only do I not have a response to the roof (other than it isn't doing anything) but that they would get back to me on whether they would install the Dynamat for me. Sorry to vent!
    Read elsewhere someone had the clicking sound and the dealership fixed it by
    "To fix it they pulled the axle, cleaned the splines, lubed it with a silicone lubricant and retorqued an outer nut." another fixed clicking was "Axle Nuts on rear axle loosened. If this happens to you, you will get a rattle from the rear end on light acceleration and de-acceleration."
    I'm not sure but I think your warranty should reimburse rental up to $35/day. I have extended warranty but they said my regular warranty covered my rental for the week it took them to say everything was "within specs". Might get out your warranty book and see if there is anything in it.
    Well just got the last call. Nothing can be done with my vehicle if the problems can't be duplicated. No noisy roof, no shaky steering, no popping. Nothing. The factory rep told the dealer to do nothing if they can't duplicate the items on my list. Now the service write says she is off until tuesday so I can't get my vehicle back. The roof fix is out. Even though there is a bulletin and my vehicle is one of the first to come off the line. Nothing will be done. Talk about frustrating. I said I would leave it until mid week next week and then go from there. Of course the roof fix can't be done in that time. I gave the go ahead to do the alignment (at my cost) as the TSB means nothing. They are about as phony as Nissan. Just something to make people think things can be done, when it is really a battle. Well, the battle line is drawn. After next week, attorney. Any suggestions on how to find one to handle something like this?
    I had a similiar experience last week. I wrote a letter to the service manager and gave it to the general manager. They both called and said to come back in, they sounded suprised by what I went through. Try contacting the GM and SM as they may not be aware that they have a bad tech who is too lazy to do the work and flexing his Nissan muscle. Good luck and I'll post back how my return visit goes. I have a good feeling that I will get some results this time.
    I went ahead and picked my Armada up today because nothing was done. Heck the only thing done was the drivers and passenger squeaky seats. Well, or so I thought. As soon as I sat down it squeaked. I thought, nah, I will drive it. Man I drove it off and it is worse than it was. (Oh, also I hard the popping they couldn't hear as as soon as I drove off) I took it back and asked my salesman to come and sit in the seat. He did. It squeaked. I asked him if it was my imagination like all of the other items. He said, no it is pretty bad. He apologized. I drove off and heard as plain as day the popping again. Nothing was done. I took it straight to Sears to get the front end alignment and the tires balanced. Sears did the 4 wheel alignment. I went and talked to the tech afterwards and he said it was pretty bad and it is no wonder my tires were wearing. Both the front and rear were out of alignment. Also they asked me who had balanced my tires last. I asked why. They said that they were done wrong. The correct way is not to counter balance using the old weights but to take the old weights off and start from scratch. He said they were bad out of balance. The one tire on the front that was worn from the alignment problem, the said looks more like it has 20-30,000 miles on it and all of the other tires are worn much more than tires should be at 12,000 miles. Of course, they told me I had life left in them so unless they fail, just keep going. (goodyear wranglers) I am not ready to have to buy new tires for this thing but might have to. Heck, that might be part of my tire shaking over bumps, I have no clue. At least this part I am hopefully finished with. Cost me 115.00 for both the alignment and the rotate and balance which was a good price. I am going to talk the a dealership a little bit closer to me on monday and see what they say. I am getting no where at the one I bought from, but that if the problem can't be duplicated, they can't fix anything. I am not stupid enough to think someone will take my word and go and fix something. I reminded them about my build date and the bulletin on the roof, but they said it has no problem and still insisted, I am the only one that has brought in an Armada for work like I am having. I don't believe it. Well, thats that. Now waiting for the brake parts to come in and I am washing my hands of this dealer, trying another one, then if I don't get satisfaction, unfortunately the only thing left is the legal route.
    sorry to hear that...sounds like you have a real idiot dealer. take your receipt back to the dealer, and talk to the service mgr. if you dont get your money back, go to the GM and/or owner. you might be pleasantly surprised at how efficiently things get accomplished when you deal at that level.

good luck.
  • norbnnorbn Member Posts: 70
    Any word on the 2005?