Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    My wife is 4' 11", same thing, no issues. Her mom is 5' even and she gets up in the back w/o a problem either.

-mike
  • 514329514329 Member Posts: 60
    i just got my 08 LE 4x4 last night and reinstalled my previous bug deflector from my 04 SE 4x4 that i traded in and it fits well.
    That's great news. I'm looking at getting an 08 as well and would like to take my bug deflector from my 04 over.

What kind of deals do they have on the 08 LEs right now?

-mike
    out the door was $ 37015 08 LE 4x4 w/ LE pref package, DVD, Tow package, floormats etc. + my 04 SE w/ a balance of $ 15300.
    Did you get the Navi with that?

I'm waiting for the CASH + Financing deal to come around.

-mike
    no Navi, no Tech package just LE pref & DVD w/c is cool by the way. when in park position, you can watch DVD on the LCD in front.
  • amheck1amheck1 Member Posts: 44
    Hey guys,

Is the Blizzard color a standard white, or is there any perlescence to it?

Seems to be the only color I like with the tan interior available.
    Dunno, haven't looked at it yet. Tan is no good of an interior for me, I stick to dark greys on the interior or it looks like crap after a week or 2.

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    We are unclear about what Pearl Harbour has to do with your original concern.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

Now that's funny :shades:
  • keg97keg97 Member Posts: 189
    Just a flat white...no pearl effect to it
  • pmtrepmtre Member Posts: 55
    2008 LE 4WD Black with almond, captain chairs, nav, dvd,remote start(dealer add on) msrp $52,290 traded in my 04 LE 63k , dealer gave me $17,100 for the trade,
    10,700 off MSRP including $4500 rebate. MA tax ,tittle tags, doc fee, added $1600. I went for the Gold Plus Warranty 0 deductible 5 yr/ 75 k paid $1,250 for that. Dan from Nissan Village in Attleboro MA, went out to Albany to pick it up.

Quite impressed!
  • sam98sam98 Member Posts: 2
    I just got an O8 SE with the SE driver package, we love the Armada..... But i kick my self in the butt for not getting the towing opt....

I do have the ATF temp gauge on my dash, but I don't have a hitch.. How difficult is it to get one on there??

How different is my vehiche from one that has a towing package from factory??

Please help! Thanks...
    towing package has different gearing, trans cooler, hitch, pre-wired for the brake controller, and auto-load leveling rear suspension.

-mike
  • kelli2kelli2 Member Posts: 2
    What "electrical problem" was wrong with your vehicle? Mine has constant brake problems and would love to know how to fix this problem.

Kelli
  • sam98sam98 Member Posts: 2
    Would it be safe to install the hitch and tow around a boat? Boat is about 2300lbs....
  • shopinfulshopinful Member Posts: 47
    It was in the control panel. We took the vehicle to the Lemon Law procedure Nissan had one more shot at fixing our Armada. They said the engineers finally figured out it was an electrical problem. We have not had a problem since. I would take your Armada into the dealer and tell them that there has been a break problem and you want your Armada fixed. Also tell them about the electrical problem. You will need to be insistent to get anything done!! :mad:
    2300lb boat?

Yeah it won't even breathe deeply with a 2300lb boat.

I tow on a regular basis a 10,000lb boat!

-mike
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter hopes to speak with current owners of large SUVs who are trying to sell their vehicle and their experience. If you are a consumer with a large SUV that just sold or looking to sell, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Monday, March 24, 2008.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• deanctdeanct Member Posts: 10
    Has anyone noticed that the drivers seat moves with you when taking turns? At first I thought it was my imagination but after driving it a bit, I realized that it does in fact move.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    More than likely, that is an exception. I recommend taking it into the the dealer and having them check out the rails and and mounting.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • howardentprisehowardentprise Member Posts: 10
    This truck does not even warn (tell) you that the sunroof is tilted :mad: . I cannot believe a 50k truck with out this simple feature... now my visor and part of the floor is soaked this is really horrible
    You mean tilted as in not closed completely or tilted because you're on a hill?

With that kind of defect you should sell it immediately and purchase a Toyota Sequoia.
    I didn't even realize that trucks and cars had warning devices for the sunroof. I have an older Avalon and Toyota 4 runner along with the Armada and when I put the sun roof in tilt or open it while driving, it is automatically one of my checks when turning off the vehicle to shut it back up. I guess I am use to the old fashion way! ;)
    I guess I am use to the old fashion way!

You mean you actually check visually if the roof has been closed?

Tell me it isn't so... :shades:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The only car I ever drove with a sunroof was a '74 Volvo sedan. I couldn't tell from the inside if the sunroof was really closed and even worse, sometimes I couldn't even tell from the outside. It never really leaked too much though.
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    Huh? I've never seen or heard of a car or truck that warns you when you forgot you left the sunroof open or tilted. Have I been missing something? Are there any vehicles that warn you when you park the car and forget to close the windows? I guess it could be an interesting feature, but I've never heard of that.
    I don't know if I visually check but before I turn off my vehicle I check windows and sunroof if I know I have used them......sad but true :D
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The ones that have saved my bacon over the years are the "your lights are on" and "you forgot your keys" dings and bells.

Haven't had a sunroof in 30-odd years so I don't know - but with my memory, it couldn't hurt. ;)
    Maybe you haven't had a sunroof for 30 odd years because they are actually moon roofs. Sunroofs are made of metal, those that are transparent are actually moon roofs. :shades:
    tilted up.... yes I guess I could stand on the step bar and look on top of the truck to see the roof but that is really a pain.... what I mean by warn is it has a nice picture on the dash that shows you the truck and symbols when the door is open but doesn't show the sunroof open :mad:
    Don't know of any cars that show that. However on my cars that have moon roofs, I will hit the "close" button if I know I've used it. Similar to the windows. There is no indicator for the windows being open either. I've actually left the push-out windows open overnight by accident, but I didn't blame the vehicle, I blamed my own lack of checking!

-mike

PS: After seeing this thread I am thinking of suing Nissan cause they don't tell me the windows are open when I turn off the car! :)
    actually I know for a fact the camry hybrid tells you its open :mad:
    Ah ha, but the camry hybrid can't tow nearly 10,000 lbs!

They'll probably add it down the line. Just like my 04 doesn't have signal mirrors or power folding mirrors or heated steering wheel.

It's very common for manufacturers to hold back on stuff and spread the goodies over several model years.

-mike
    Push out windows? We're talking 2008 not 1978... :shades:
    I can see where this discussion is going. I'm pretty sure you're not going to trade for a Camry Hybrid though some owners have done some stranger things.

Even if there was a dash light for the moonroof you would still have to see it before turning the ignition off something that you might overlook. Wish we could be of more help but I'd keep the Armada over the Camry if I were you. ;)
    not saying the trade..... my point was that toyota thought enough to show it on the dash for a 30k car that most can see when ever you get out but nissan has a 52k truck that sits so high you cant see it and wont even display telling you its open........
    :lemon:
    Push out windows? We're talking 2008 not 1978...

The 3rd set of side windows are "push out" style, albeit powered. :)

-mike
    not saying the trade..... my point was that toyota thought enough to show it on the dash for a 30k car that most can see when ever you get out but nissan has a 52k truck that sits so high you cant see it and wont even display telling you its open........

Neither does MB, Range Rover, etc. It's definitely not something that is COMMON, as I've been in the car realm for years and never heard of such a feature before. So why not start with the 100,000 luxury cars and then work down to the Armada? Seriously I think you are asking a bit too much, and if you paid $52k you got ripped off :(

-mike
    Thank my lucky stars that the moonroof feature is something I never use. In fact I never even notice it when driving. Isn't that something that Honda and Acura installed and made a standard feature on all their vehicles?

I find it interesting that a poster actually mentioned it but I digress as they say..whatever floats your boat.... ;)
    Neither does MB, Range Rover, etc. It's definitely not something that is COMMON, as I've been in the car realm for years and never heard of such a feature before. So why not start with the 100,000 luxury cars and then work down to the Armada? Seriously I think you are asking a bit too much, and if you paid $52k you got ripped offmy point is they put alot of junk options that most will never use(ie rolling down windows remotely but you cant roll them back up remotely :confuse: ..... but not a simple display to show this it would cost them next to nothing to do it.... and I paid no where near that just quoting MSRP........
    BTW I do agree with your point regarding remotely rolling down but no way to roll it back up. I was kind of disturbed by it cause once in awhile my kid gets a hold of the remote and plays with it without me knowing. I've gone to my vehicle to find the insides a bit wet from rain cause he was "playing" with it or seeing my windows down because of him and having to go into the rain to put them back up.

Either way its a bummer.
    point is they put alot of junk options that most will never use(ie rolling down windows remotely but you cant roll them back up remotely ..... but not a simple display to show this it would cost them next to nothing to do it....

So why doesn't MB, Range Rover, etc. include it in theirs as well?

The remote up is not there because of liability issues. However it's easily installable aftermarket.

-mike
    just because other manufactures include it does not mean it is not junk option.... liability you say how come they could not program it to stop when it hits an item the same way the rear hatch does? Funny how they let you remotely open and close the rear hatch.... :confuse:
    Ok you win, they should give us every option available and we should pay 20% less for it. Get a grip on reality. This isn't even a luxury brand, it might be a viable arguement on an Infiniti but this is a NISSAN!

-mike
    never said it was a "luxury" truck but with a MSRP at 52K :shades: it cant be far off I was just making a point of some common sense items they missed that would cost next to nothing to add "in". While you were saying that they didn't do some for liability reasons and I just pointed out it didn't make sense considering what they did equip the truck with
    The windows up is definitely a liability issue, very common in the car industry. Unfortunately 52k is not a huge amount for the MSRP on cars these days, at least not full-size SUVs :(

Also no options, not matter how small are "no cost, or even low-cost" The R&D that goes into every option is a lot.

-mike
  • jim209jim209 Member Posts: 2
    I was looking at the Armada today, it had seat belts for 8 but no headrest in the third row middle seat. My Lexus GX had a removable headrest but the Armada didn't seem to have one at all. One salesperson said it could be added as an option and another said only certain models have the third head rest in the third row even though they all have a seatbelt there. Neither of these answers made sense to me. So, what is the deal with the third row middle seat?
  • AwaraBadalAwaraBadal Member Posts: 1
    Hello Armada Owners.
    I am new in this forum.
    Some advice reqiured...
    Planning to purchase 2008 Armada LE.
    still duoble minded????
    :confuse:
  • tbenschtbensch Member Posts: 3
    Armada Owners:

I am considering purchasing an '07 Armada with 2WD and am wondering how this vehicle will fare in snow. I am concerned that given the weight of the vehicle and the fact that it is rear-wheel drive that it will problematic in snow and icy conditions. I live in the mid-west so I'll be dealing with a fair amount of winter weather and a few hills, but certainly not any mountainous or rough conditions.

Any advice you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.
  • srqstingsrqsting Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Armada and was stopped dead in the road yesterday when it began spitting and sputtering prior to stalling. About 15 minutes later, it started right up and worked like a charm until today.....same song second verse. I was thinking fule filter, but after looking at several posts, perhaps it could be something else? What can anyone tell me?