Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Magnum

Comments

• peterskmpeterskm Member Posts: 79
    I, too, was going to get an AWD. I got my Magnum in Dec '04. When it came time to buy, I figured I'd save the money and just get a RWD since we get significant snow so infrequently. And, even then, the roads are cleared quickly. I'd heard the ESP would be enough.

Well, I was out in every snowfall we had last year (and it was more frequent than we usually get). Probably between 1-5 inches. The ESP was flawless. The only problem I experienced was minor slippage when accelerating from a stop. That being said, I had a Wrangler and they are pretty much unstoppable compared to most cars. So, if your Wrangler has a hard time with the hill, the Magnum probably will as well.
  • happylyhappyly Member Posts: 1
    hi, i purchase my magnum in july, first time i took mine in was because it shimmed at 60miles per hour and the breaks squeak. the car pulls to the right and still does. they gave me a wheel alignment and rotated my tires and that shopped the shimming, then they gave me new tires because that would stop the pulling to the right. still pulls/ now i have an extended warranty and still it hasn"t been fix correctly. they blamed it on the heat from the son, which does friction with the breaks and makes them squeak. then they told me that because of the son that is why the right front pulls. then they said it was not enough air in the tire, then it was because the streets are made like a point and the car tends to pull to the right or left. well i have contacted the better buisness bureau and the regenal office of chryslers and they tell me to work with the dealership. boy, they piss e off mind you my car is paid in full since july. too
  • tjf2000tjf2000 Member Posts: 61
    There are many problems with the original Continental tires. In fact the 06's (I think) now come with Goodyears. If you do a search here you should find info on the right pull, and others that have had problems with the tires. There is another very good source of knowledge on the web and that can be found at www.lxforums.com. It is a web site dedicated to the 300C, Charger and Magnum. There is a lot of very valuable information out there, form issues and concerns to the latest TSB's, check it out.
  • rtracerrtracer Member Posts: 6
    Never use compressed air to clean you air filter!!!!
    Never, Never, Never.....You are going to destroy your engine
  • vetset1vetset1 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to all this and am interested in buying a '05 magnum, AWD, hemi. After reading of all the tire and transmission problems. I am having second thoughts. I know there have to be some with no problems or are there? I have no one to really guide me in this decision and know women can be taken advantage of easier than men. Can I please hear from some who have had no problems? 2 dealers have said they have not heard of these transmission problem, but who believes the dealer? Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me.
    I bought my '05 Magnum R/T in December of last year. I have had no significant problems outside of the usual loose trim, flash the computer, etc.
  • blondemagblondemag Member Posts: 1
    I have just purchased an '05 Magnum I have noticed that when I pull up to a stop light in gear the car seems to idle rough and the lights dim slightly. I was just wondering if anyone else was having or had this problem. I have changed from 89 oct. to 91 oct. fuel and the problem has not gotten any better. Any suggestions?
  • pushbuttonpushbutton Member Posts: 16
    The problems mentioned here and other sites are like many things...you only hear about the problems, not the successes.

I bought an '05 in March which was built 12/2004. To date I have had the dealer check alignment for the right pull "problem" which he stated was "normal". I believe this since many techies have stated that this car is setup so that the road crown (higher in the center than on the sides for rain runoff) can be felt more. Since one normally drives on the right side of the road, the car follows the tilt and pulls right. This is apparently normal for this car. PS: There was an alignment issue on the early models but these have probably been flushed from the dealer inventory.

I have also had the "dash pop" fixed...20 minutes, A/C lockup...1 hour to reprogram, and a Homelink weak transmitter...2 visits / 60 minutes to replace, all at no charge.

If you are significantly plagued by both the desire to have this car and the worry about problems I suggest you consider the optional extended warranty. I got an seven year 85,000 mile extended warranty with zero deductible on EVERYTHING, no exclusions except wear items like brakes, tires, etc. It listed for about $1,800. I dealt this along with the car deal (1% below dealer invoice plus $100) and got it for less than $1250. These packages are high profit for the dealer and they can discount them greatly. You should do this when you deal the car since you hold the all cards at that time.

I also got a bunch of oil change certificates, good at any CDJ dealer. They reduced the cost of an oil change to about $12....remember this car (Hemi) requires 7 quarts of 5w20. This is about 2 quarts more than the "Jiffy Lube" places quote their deal for and you would incur a premium charge from them.

Any of the people who had the "water in the transmission problem" should qualify to have it fixed under warranty. They should insist on a replacement transmission versus a "drain & refill" process. Once the water get inside corrosion begins...draining will not reverse the corrosion.

Good luck in your pondering.
  • tlktlk Member Posts: 21
    How do I go about getting an updated navigation DVD?
  • r8drzr8drz Member Posts: 1
    I just finished reading the board and have a stupid question. We have an 05 RT with 9,000 miles on it. Already had a transmission oil leak in the front end, the dealer said the gasket where the transmission sensor was has been redesigned. Fixed the problem.
    My question; The car doesn't slip in gear as far as I know. But, we park on an inclined driveway and when you shift from P into D it has a tendency to clunk rather loudly. Also when you shift into P and take your foot off the brake it rolls backwards about a foot. Dealer says its the way the transmission is designed. My wife has also experienced 2 occasions where she's shifted into gear and the car doesn't move. She can rev the engine as if its in gear but it just sits. She shifts back into P then back into D and it clunks and engages.
    Don't get me wrong, this 43 year old male LOVES this car. Its all I can do to keep driving my 98 1500 Dodge Ram instead of sneaking out the door with the Magnum. But, having had transmission problems with my pickup I shudder at the thought of any long term issues with "The Beast"
  • txbricklayertxbricklayer Member Posts: 16
    Can't comment on all of your concerns, but when parking on an incline:
    * First set the emergency brake
    * Put the trans. into N.
    * Take your foot off of the brake and let the car move so that the emerg. brake is
    holding the car.
    * Put the trans. into P.

This or a variation will prevent the transmission from 'hanging' on the parking pawl and causing the clunk you hear when you move from P to D
  • altaholiconealtaholicone Member Posts: 25
    Well I'm back to report my 2005 smoking magnum is gone. I got a 2006 replacement. Sworn to secrecy on the details. It went real good and I am very happy with the new one. No smoking.

i do have a small problem with the dash dimmer, it doesn't dim. Thats not so bad, it can be fixed. The problem is the Dealer. Thomas Sales and Service of Bend Oregon has refused to sevice it. A little history: On my 2005, they screwed me around on the oil smoking, rebuilt the wrong part of the engine, put chemicals in the oil to make seals swell. I never wanted to go back...but they are the only dealer in Central Oregon. So I went there with the idea I'd watch them every second so they can't sabotage my new 06. They refused to let me watch or be in the back seat. I know they have insurance reg's to follow but this is a special case. So now I have no dealer within 200 miles to go to. It will take a day or more off work to go to anohter dealer, like the one I got the 06 from (they are good,200 mi) but will Dodge pay for lost wages to go this far?? TS&S is not a 5 star dealer. I have heard many bad stories about them. I would think Dodge might yank thier right to be a dealer and find someone else to run it. So for now, I put a towel over the gauges at night.
  • jazzmaster221jazzmaster221 Member Posts: 1
    i purchsed my 06 rt from cerritos dodge in cerritos ca and i have to admit that they are first class in service ....they address any issue no matter how small.......i would reccomend cerritos dodge with out
  • redsxtredsxt Member Posts: 2
    I have over 7,000 miles on mine and other than replacing a totaled windshield it has been fine.
  • ddunlapddunlap Member Posts: 8
    After reading the many messages regarding the OEM Continental tires, I began a search for replacements. I even e-mailed several manufacturers including Michelin who advised they did not make a replacement and advised me to look to Continental. Today I found that Goodyear manufactures the P225/60R18 99H in their Assurance ConforTred line. They have an 80,000 mile Tread Life Limited Warranty with a MSRP of $185.95. I don't know if they are stocked nationwide, but the Goodyear Store at 9927 Atlantic Blvd in Jacksonville, FL has them available. The service manager, Bill Evans, invites you to contact your Goodyear dealer if you want replacements for your RT. If you do happen to contact Bill, please mention my name, Dave Dunlap, maybe he'll give me a "good deal" when my Continentals bite the dust. Hope this might be of help to those of you looking for Continental replacements. :)
  • albertaboundalbertabound Member Posts: 5
    after reading post of Dave Dunlop wanted to know if similar tire available in Canada. Contacted Fountain Tire chain in Calgary and was informed that these tires are available for order.Dealer also says that all reports that he has received, both from customers and his techs on the ConforTread line have been excellent. Asked about using these tires on rear wheel drive Magnum RT on light snow and ice. Informed me that there should be good performance providing that the driver is used to driving a RW drive car , does not overpower the vehicle and drives according to road conditions. They have installed these tires on two 300C's
  • digital_dalidigital_dali Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone else experienced any electrical/electronic related problems with the '05? Specifically, while driving with the lights turned on, the headlights will go out, and then come back on. Only the headlights go off. All the other running lights and instrument cluster lights remain lighted. It usually occurs during the first 5-10 minutes of driving (but not always). The lights may go off and on several times during this period. The headlights will remain off anywhere from 2 to 15 or more seconds before coming back on. I've had it back to the dealership 3 times now. Of course , as with most intermittent problems, they are never able to duplicate the condition. The dealership's service department have been very cooperative in attempting to fix it. The engineers a DC have not offered any explanation (or possible fix). The dealer has reluctantly started "throwing parts" at this problem in an effort to correct it. They changed one of the electronics control modules on the last go-round but it is still doing it. Any suggestions?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A reporter with a major daily newspaper is looking for parents who bought a car and then realized their kids can’t see out the back. The reporter is wondering what the parents are dealing with now and would like to talk to people in this situation by the end of the day Tues., Nov. 8, 2005. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• magnum29magnum29 Member Posts: 2
    Are you frustrated, I have all the same problems you describe including very hard shift in the transmission @ 20mph,and 40 mph rear end bangs hard.dealership will flush
    transmission.also tranny was flashed twice previously.still
    bangs into gear.

1.Pulls to the right;
    dealership replace steering assembly. still pulls

2.loose noise front end over bumps;
    dealership replace front struts. still loose

3.Rough idle;dealer flashed engine twice.idle periodically
    4.dealer stated ,need to replace rear tires only out of round.
    5.Audio 4 speaker system turn up volume loose bass and system seems to shut decrease overall volume.
    basicly vehicle in and the dealer 10 visit-2 dealers,by the way there's more I have stack of invoices on file.

Magnum29 05 SE Magnum
  • kenellismagkenellismag Member Posts: 1
    Did they pull the screw and pump it back to pressure or just give up and sell new tires?

I had the same experience last year - Dodge tech started to try a patch - a more knowledgeable said no - pull it and pump. I'm now replacing at 30,000 miles - the screw was at 15,000 miles.

I'm not happy with 30,000 but sounds like I'm in better shape than most. I'm going with Goodyear Assurance.
    05 Magnum RT rwd
  • voyager_663rdvoyager_663rd Member Posts: 2
    I've just found this thread and have to report that I am happy with my '05 RT and experience none of the problems that have been reported.

I only have 3000 mi on it so tire wear is not apparent. The pull to the right: well, yes and no.

As has been noted, some roads seem worse than others what with ruts and all. When I'm in the "tire grooves", it does seem to want to drift right. But then I will put the left tires on the "crown", the right tires in the middle of the right driving lane and the car tracks straight ahead.

I did manage to find a "level" stretch of road (amazing how little level stretches there are) and the car tracked straight.

I have no issues with this car.
  • romannumalromannumal Member Posts: 21
    Has any one had a bad smell when you turn on the A/C. It smells for about the first 5 or 10 mins that it is on.
    It smell like the worst BO any one could have.
    thanks romannumal :confuse:
  • magnumbmagnumb Member Posts: 1
    My V6 Magnum is now in the shop for the 3rd time. This time, they told me to disconnect my alarm with the automatic start because it COULD be causing the problem. For a couple of months now, the car would be driving just fine and then all of a sudden it would shudder like you call it, my engine light would come on and my throttle would have no response. I would then have to turn it off. Only after attempting to start the car would it would then jump to life but leaving the engine light on. The light will stay for a few days. The car would drive just fine. Sometimes the light would go out. Well the first time it was in the shop, they said they reprogrammed the computer. It worked for a couple of weeks. The second time it was in, they said they replaced a crank sensing unit or something like that. Now they're replacing the power control module. Does this sound like a common problem with these cars?
    Well, I have an 06 now after a defunct 05 and it has toyo 20" tires and i have no pull. I think its fixed in 06. Runs great to.
  • altoonaaltoona Member Posts: 3
    Best source for tire research (and, they hope, for purchase) is tirerack.com
    You can plug in any parameter/application you want to find all the choices. Also has tests and reviews.
  • altoonaaltoona Member Posts: 3
    Just registered here but I saw an older series of posts re where can a Magnum be rented. FWIW I rented from Dollar the next best thing on 11/4/05, while in Las Vegas for SEMA: an '06 black 300C with 1,226 miles on it, nav, sat radio, rear seat DVD player, etc. One sweet ride. Here are links to three pix in case anyone'd like to see evidence. You might have to paste the URLs if they don't light up when you click on them. I had some problem on preview with the first one.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/d21212/300C/IMG_0462.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/d21212/300C/IMG_0423.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/d21212/300C/HemiRent.jpg
  • trojanmagnumtrojanmagnum Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 2.7 V6 Magnum SE in September. I have brought it back to the dealership twice already concerning alignment issues. I have already read up on how to fix them and will be faxing some info I found in this forum to the dealership. I also brought the car in because of transmission problems. This seems to be a common occurance with the '05 SE. Anyway, they replaced a gasket and flushed the transmission. I got the car back and it drives a little better but the car still clunks when I go from Drive to Reverse to Park. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? Also the car has 9k on it and I was wondering if I should demand a whole new transmission? I was also thinking about throwing around the :lemon: word. Any insight would be appreciated, I really love this car and want to keep it!
  • mgnmmikemgnmmike Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 05 Magnum SE 2 months ago. since then i have added a K&N cold air intake, Magnaflow exhaust and am looking to add the Jet Stage 2 performance chip. it reccomends i add a 180 degree thermostat before. the guys at the dealer parts dept. just looked completely baffled when i asked for 1. i cant find 1 at any regular auto parts store either. anyone know where 1 can be obtained?
  • chopsonchopson Member Posts: 2
    Any one here has electric problems with there magnum RT? My car if I don't drive it in 3 days it kills the battery. So the dealer blamed it on an after market DVD player that I had installed. So I had it disconnected. same problem and the dealer is still saying because it was installed in the beginning its still causing problems with the car. But they want to sell me there DVD player for $1400. I realize that the dealer is in business to make money off you no matter with they just want to sell you something.
  • loubobloubob Member Posts: 1
    Okay!
    Where on God's green earth is the friggin oil filter?!?!? I've taken the bottom rear panel off and I can't find the damn thing! Do I need to take off the bottom forward panel off too?? Would it be easier to drive the RT onto ramps when changing oil (provided I can find the elusive little bugger)? One other question-what is the consensus on high performance air filters like K-N? Are they worth the money or is it all just so much hype? :confuse:
    I change my own oil, but I can't remember where the filter is. Is is not hard to get to or I would remember. The only shield you need to take off to change the oil is the big, main one.

As for the K&N filter, I run them in all my vehicles. Some report better performance, some better gas mileage. I haven't experienced anything noticable. However, I buy them for the longevity. You only buy one and clean and reoil it as needed. Saves money in the long run.
  • hyrpwerhyrpwer Member Posts: 2
    I am a happy owner of an 05 Hemi Magnum. My wife drives it to work every day and I get to play with it on weekends.

We just turned 30,000 miles and replace the tires at 26,000 with the tread indicators nearly flush. I am not going to whine about the poor tread wear. Let's be real here folks, we got the HEMI and we use it. With the ESP on it corners like a snake and we take it out on drives nearly every weekend and try different roads every time.

Great fun but if you do like I do, you will be lucky to get to 25,000 before laying out the 600+ for new Continentals. I have run flats on my Vette and they are a darned site more expensive and don't wear any better.

So if you got a HEMI, have fun and be careful. This car can get you in trouble!

When we first got it, it pulled to the right like some of the other entries I noted here at the site. My dealer flagged a warranty fix to the front suspension alignment components and installed the fix. It has bee straight as a die ever since. We rotate every 6,000 and no alignment problems as yet. Great car from my standpoint! Won't haul those 8 foot 2x4's like the commercial says easily, but it can be done. My wife loves it!!!

No other problems in 30,000 so it's a keeper for me..
  • ddunlapddunlap Member Posts: 8
    I have been dealing with the service department of my dealership regarding the quality and fit of the carpet on the front passenger side of my Magnum RT. After 1500 miles, I noticed the carpet fibers had completely worn away and the transmission housing was visible from the front passenger seat under the center console. The dealership advised this was the second instance they had encountered with the fit problem, and advised they would replace the carpet, but were not optimistic that the new one would solve the problem, since, in their opinion, the carpet was too small. They were right - after installing new carpet, transmission housing was still visible. We checked new Magnums still on the lot, and found the problem in all of them. Seems that DaimlerChrysler needs to make a bigger piece of carpet, or make a center console that is longer from top to bottom to fix the problem. The Dealership has been super, but the manufacturer needs to address the issue. It is currently at the District level. I doubt I'll see any solution in my lifetime. Applause to the Dealership; boos and hisses to DaimlerChrysler. :):(
  • fosman77fosman77 Member Posts: 13
    Try Jegs or summit racing. both have web sites
  • shaggyadgshaggyadg Member Posts: 2
    guess most are used to bolt on upgrades.my slotuion,will be to leave the factory enginered resonators and do a little inprovisation on other parts of the system.these would not be any different than a dealer installed $600-1000 installation for the same horsepower.i wanted that srt-v,5.7 cant compete,but close if upgrades are made intelligently,,chip,filter,exhaust,reartires.betterstiffer rear shocks,frt will launch like 90/10's now-only need forward after frt raise's.maybe and if one might want,a dab of nitrious through the manifold might bring it up to srt spec.and for a bunch less.so folks when is chyrsler,gonnna put one of these bad [non-permissible content removed] magnums on the nhra circuit?picture the graphics that can be put on this plastic body..and who's gonna be the driver.one kool [non-permissible content removed] funny car/
  • jeffwingojeffwingo Member Posts: 5
    I agree...what is so hard about putting length and depth in inches in the specs. I have a harp to transport and cu-ft doesn't matter as much as how long and wide the flat area is.
  • drywalltaperdrywalltaper Member Posts: 2
    I wish I could add a cd changer to my one cd radio. Do you have any suggestions? The new 6 disk is over 500 dollars. Thanks for your time.
    Look on eBay or in other Magnum Forums with For Sale sections. Many are replacing them with navigation systems or aftermarket radios. The can be had for cheap and they are simple to install with no additional parts needed. Just plug it in.
  • rehrauer99rehrauer99 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 06' AWD R/T Magnum and when I turn on my wipers the digital part of the dashboard disappears, along with the navigation system or whatever else is on the screen. :confuse:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A reporter from a national newspaper would like to speak to consumers who have purchased a high-end or high-performance wagon, such as the Audi A4 Avant, Mercedes-Benz E55, Dodge Magnum RT or the Volvo V70R, as examples . If you would to speak with the media, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info. and city/state of residence no later than January 6, 2006.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• scquattlscquattl Member Posts: 7
    Hello, everyone. I will be replacing a 1999 Plymouth Neon in the spring (2006). I have been researching the Pacifica and Dodge Magnum. This will be the wife's car (We don't like the look of Mini-Vans) used to commute about 50 mile round trip per day and haul the 2 kids and their stuff around. Our other car is a 2002 Dodge Durango (which I love) and is used for long hauls. Love that 3rd row seat. We live in St. Louis, so FWD vs. RWD vs. AWD is on my mind. Also, like most everyone else, MPG. Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • shakeyfittershakeyfitter Member Posts: 5
    if anyone unintentionally wrecks their new daytona charger or knows where one is (wrecked) please let me know, so i too can go 145 mph.. i hauled my brother to des moines to pick up a daytona charger last weekend.. on the way home we thought we would see how they compare both top end and quarter mile.. at 127 thats where i stop climbing. the daytona is just coming on..i want the computer of a daytona or better yet a srt-8.. now you might not believe this, but, my magnum took him (fair start) all the way to 110. both units with the traction control on. granted ive got twenty thousand miles and him well 300+.. the only fair way to tell on the quarter mile is to take them to a track and i know this. but i cant stand to get blown away that bad top end..knowing what i know now i would have waited a year.. new buzz dodge challenger soon out!!possibly two door??
    The Magnum has a governer that limits its top speed to about 127. This is due to the tire's speed rating. I've heard of dealers upping this for customer who've upgraded tires. If you don't want to go this route, wait for the Superchips programmer due out soon. One of the things it will do is remove this limit.
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Anyone who upgrades the top speed governor on a car with H rated or less rubber is taking their life in their own hands if they decide to use the extra speed their car will now allow them to drive.

Folks, if you are going to explore speeds north of 130, please, PLEASE, upgrade your tires.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    I love my 06 magnum. This is a post for poor dealer/dodge customer service. I had an 05 magnum, dash lights dimmed very low. Low enough. Then i get an 06. The dash lights don't dimm near far enough. I have to put a towel over them at night. So i don't know aboout your state, but mne requires a speedo and if its covered up...a safety hazard. So i go to Timberline Dodge in Portland, OR where I got the car. They say nothing is wrong with it. I have five witness's that it is wrong. Some of them are other dealer personel at other dodge dealerships. Doesn't matter, they refuse to work on it. The serivce manager also refuses to give me the free loaner under Business Link program. He says I have to have the car down, in shop, for 5 days minimum to qualify. Not so! Its as soon as it goes in its eligible. So I would suggest with this kind of treatment, Timberline is one to avoid, and Dodge, well you be the judge. The customer service line was of no help whatsoever. Its a brick wall. So I guess all I can do now is drive with my towel in place and if I have an accident or get a ticket, lawsuit time!
  • porksterporkster Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Magnum which has been to a dozen dealers
    across the country and have gotten 12 different reasons
    for my cars pulling to the right. Have had the front end
    worked on with new bolts,different alignment machines,
    one factory rep himself overseeing the work all to no
    satisfaction or remedy of the problem--STILL PULLS!!
    Would like some help with your problems for our Lemon
    Law hearing which is coming up this month. Please post
    any you have also had to replace tires at 8500 miles due
    to their cupping after all my rotations. Have been told
    the pulling has been built into the car to avoid crossing
    over to the center line thus avoiding a head on collision.
    Makes sense to me??? The Porkster-- :lemon: :lemon:
  • jburke6321jburke6321 Member Posts: 4
    I have had mine to the dealer about 6 times. I have changed my tires at 20k, and switched to Goodyears. The first 20k miles was the worst ride I have ever had. The car shook so violently when I drove it, until the tires were re-balanced every couple thousand miles. The car still pulls, after a couple of allingments, after fixing everything according the the TSB's. It was pointless arguing with the tech, they say it drives perfect, and that it should pull a little. I couldn't get Continental to comp the tires because they were so worn because of the allignment.

For everyone out there....document tire rotations, tire wear, allignments....everything. The more info we have, the quicker we might get this resolved.
  • mrobertsonmrobertson Member Posts: 1
    The right-pull issue was primarily confined to early-build 2005's. There were a multitude of reports and frustrations with the first few months of production on this car but they've died out on the various Dodge forums as people have gotten them taken care of.

6 times from a dealer is nuts. If a mech compounds their inattention to the very well-known TSB's out on this issue by telling you the car is "supposed to pull" -- as in the car is not supposed to go in the direction it is pointed -- take that as a sign that you have the wrong dealer looking at your problem.

And worst case... the alignment spec is published, as are the TSB's. There is also a Mopar alignment kit available that enhances your range of adjustment. You can get the car aligned yourself by any competent shop if all dealers in your area are staffed by chimps.

And get yourself to a place like lxforums.com, where literally thousands of Magnum/300/Charger owners have experience with your car and can share the wealth.
  • willbodinewillbodine Member Posts: 4
    i bought one of the first Magnum RTs in jun 2004 on something of an impulse. my initially favorable impression quickly disolved the longer i owned it. i should kick myself for ignoring my usual instinct to avoid buying a domestic car during the first model year. the main problems that arose very soon after delivery were various squeaks and rattles from inside the car: the doors, console, rear cargo area and liftgate. not just the usual creaks and buzzes, but a continuous squeak that sounded like two pieces of styrofoam being constantly rubbed together. the delivering Mopar dealer was clueless and unable to rectify these problems after many visits. other rattles developed around the windshield, the rear bumper and the front fender liners. i do not believe this car should have been released for production when it was. and after a few thousand miles, i found the front seats less than comfy on long trips, the steering, while fast and accurate had a very artificial, non-liner feel and the freeway gas mileage, displacement-on-demand regardless, rarely over 20 mpg. between the car itself and the rapacious local dealer, i doubt i will ever drive another DCX vehicle unless they give me one. BTW, i sold it in Oct 2004 and took a $6000 hit with less than 5000 miles on the clock. Caveat Emptor...
  • hhroadtriphhroadtrip Member Posts: 1
    I just received a phone message from the dealer that the 2006 Magnum RT AWD was "not as far along in production" as expected, and that the initial 8 week delivery date would not be met. Has anyone else on the forum heard about production delays? Maybe they are trying to find tires that work!