Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Titan

Comments

• ccapccap Member Posts: 40
    Do you think the deals will be just as good for the 05' as it is for the 04? Does anyone have any idea the changes that will be done to the 05's??

Also does anyone have any idea what I should be paying for this truck? I figured on an SE with a power package and utility bed. I think MSRP will be 28k. So is it fair to say I caould get htis for 22k?
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    go to the new car section and equip the truck how you want it. edmunds will give you the invoice total and the TMV. $22k on a $28k truck??? not even close.

markup is only about 10%, which comes to about $2800 + $1500 rebate = $4300. even at invoice, a $28k titan would put you at ~$23.5k-$24k plus taxes.
    OK, But I have been seeing over 5k off the Titans.

How do they get to that number??
    $5k off titans that are marked up $4k.

to get $5k off, you have to get one thats marked up over $3500.

your estimate was a $6k discount. to get that much off, you need to find one that stickers for about $45k.
  • boomer1bboomer1b Member Posts: 316
    My local Nissan dealers near Syracuse NY(3) are advertising ANY Titan on the lot $5000 off MSRP, PLUS $1000 factory rebate.

Also NO ADM, Mop and Glow pkgs., etc........
    That sounds like a great deal. Did you get a Titan?? Whats the name of the dealership? I want to look them up online and maybe even get a copy of the flyer. THat way I can bring it to a local dealership and maybe get an even better deal.

Thanks
    I have a 04 2500 Chevy for the "heavy" work.
    Just following the Titan saga...........
    Hate to read of ANYBODY paying over MSRP.

Check the nissan site for zip codes 13074 13208 13607 13033

One dealer is even offering special interest rates.

ME BAD...Rereading the ads from Sunday $5k including rebate !

I am sure I will get a "nasty gram" from the hosts if I post the dealer names.
  • akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    About $30k after rebates for mine back in June. Dealer swore he would never sell a Titan for less than MSRP, but in actuality he just didn't want to cough up the fact that he was over allowing on my trade. So the way the numbers played was MSRP for the Titan and $20k for my Explorer (really worth about $17k) MSRP was $34,6 I think on mine.
    amazing how some of us know how it works, huh?

tell you what...go try to buy an XE KC 4x2 for $5000 off MSRP and see what happens.
    I had a good laugh today when I swung by the Nissan dealer to check on parts for the Titan.

The 04 Explorer I traded is still sitting there.........the asking price is $27,990. I only paid $25k for it brand new after rebates (MSRP was $30,610, inv was $28,006). They've got that thing marked up $10,990 over what they gave me for it and they wonder why its been sitting there for 3 months.
    i think the UCM is still in the can trying to drop that thing out...lol.
    By following your posts around the titan threads.
    A few months ago when folks that didn't know any better paid OVER MSRP.

You sure gloated then with your stories of selling them over MSRP ..........

In MY area thats what they are advertised for....I provided the zip codes. Use the nissan site and give them a ring...
    Well ANY truck nowadays is thousands off MSRP....

Nissan is HURTING.......100 plus day supply of titans, armadas,& Qs sitting around.

Anyone who wants one should wait a bit longer for bigger rebates and BETTER quality.........
  • foureyes3foureyes3 Member Posts: 165
    It simply amazes me how some dealers try so hard to deceive with numbers. Personally, I take a calculator with me. Numbers usually change when they see you calculating right along with them. I have been to a couple of nissan dealerships. One was somewhat deceptive and other was a lot more honest. It depends on which dealership that you purchase your vehicle. I don't really care for the run back to the manager then back to me type hustle. If I can't see the manager then just forget the whole deal. It's definitely nice to know there are such good deals for the Titan.
    Sounds great. I am just waiting for the time to tick before I punce on a new Titan. I think I am going to drive one tomorrow for the first time to make sure I like the truck. Then its a waiting game to see how much better the rebates are going to get. As long as I can get a Titan with a bedliner package and power captian chairs for around 22k. I am happy. Let wait and see.
    The guy who took it in doesn't work there anymore, they have that one (XLS Sport), a couple EB's and an XLT that are fixing to have a bday. The people who own the Nissan dealership also own Budget rent a car and Budget car and truck sales, so they have an endless supply of Exploders.
    Well, I definitely agree about the wait and see concept. They are definitely going to have much bigger rebates.You'll enjoy the engine. It is extremely comfortable on the inside. The ride is very comfortable. I test drove at three different dealerships. Watch the gas pedal. The truck has a lot of pep.
    read a little more carefully. the first month or two, thats what we sold them for. since then, i havent even made a pretense of claiming it.

every now and again, however, someone still pays all the money on these puppies, and i dont argue.
    Thats cool !.........

Just give Drift a AWESOME deal on a new Ford truck! Hes a BIG ( 6 ft.) Texan stranded in NJ !!!!
    Drift should consider the AWESOME Nissan Titan too........hehehe.
    Those Texans want that BIG F-350 Crew to run down all those CRAZY Philly/Jersey drivers !
    ford is giving him the deal on the f350. non-negotiable supplier pricing. he is considering the nissan, but i dont think it can give him the size that the f350 does...

but if it can, i have those too!!!
    My hubby has driven both and owns a 99 Ram 3500, he says the Titan has MUCH more legroom and is far more comfortable to drive. He did look at the F-350 but decided to keep his Ram, he liked the Ford, just didn't want to spend the money. The Titan is by far his favorite truck......probably why I hardly get to drive it anymore.
    jim and i have been round and round about the trucks, from the f150 to the f250/350, to the titan, and back.

i think the f350 will fit him the best, even though i like the titan best myself.
    I've been round and round with him too. He'll make up his mind eventually, lol, I hope.

My husband is HOPING that Nissan brings out a 3/4 ton and 1 ton Titan with a long bed option and maybe a diesel. He said he'd trade his Ram in a heartbeat.
    set aside some $$$ for repairs on the ram for quite awhile. there are no plans for anything in a diesel yet. a heavy duty truck is being discussed, but no plans or concrete ideas yet.

i would suspect that, every 2 or 3 years, nissan will introduce a different choice...ie. a reg. cab, and/or V6, and/or manny tranny, etc...
    He'll have the Ram for a while, its under the ESC for another 12k miles (another year) and after that it will have its own savings account for repairs. He likes the truck, just likes the Titan better. I love the Titan, but will definatly need to upgrade to a 3/4T diesel in 3-4 years.

Right now I'm on the hunt for winter tires for the Titan, looks like its going to be tough unless I drop down to 17s or even 16s. If I can't do it without major $$$ we are going to park the Titan for the winter.
  • kg11kg11 Member Posts: 530
    Have a look at the new Ram. In '01 when I bought my GMC 2500HD I test drove F250 and F350 then the GMC. When I went to the Dodge dealer I did'nt even drive the truck. It was uncomfortable just sitting in it on the lot. One of my co-workers Just bought an '04 Ram 3500 Laramie this week and I love it. The interior is so different it's not the same truck at all but it still has the best-on-the-market Cummins diesel.
  • bmwdougbmwdoug Member Posts: 248
    CCAP, I have a 2002 530i. I am tired of the BMW, so I want to sell it, and get another vehicle. I have always been interested in a truck, so I have been thinking about the Titan Crew Cab. But, I may stick with a sedan, I enjoy the ride of a sedan. My two choices are the Titan and the new Chrysler 300c. Quite a contrast, huh.:) I am done with BMW, at least for awhile, I think they are way over priced for what you get.
    the diesel is great, but it doesnt do any good when you have to run it with a busted tranny after 75k miles.
    I hate the ride of a Dodge (even the new ones), plus I will NEVER trust the tranny in one I don't care HOW good they say it is.

I will probably get a Chevy Silverado 2500HD duramax/allison for my next truck, a crew cab short bed 4x4. That's a ways off though, I'm enjoying my Titan in the meantime (actually I drive the Focus hubby drives the Titan, what's up with that??)
    They replaced my Allison twice in the first 6 months.

Take YOUR truck away from him. He has his own.
    LOL, I wish I could, but he needs a truck to drive back and forth to work (12 miles once a week). So the Titan is the logical choice. The Dodge belongs to our business and is used only for that.

I've heard some of those Chevy's can be buggers. We had 2 6.5L TDs and they were both PITAS, you'd think we would learn. I love the ride of the Chevy for a HD truck.
    Well, I think for a well equipped bmw 745i that you can easily get a titan le and a 300C. Consumer wise you could get two for one and have plenty of change left over for a nice trip or home improvement projects. I do agree you would come out better leaning towards these two vehicles. BMWs are expensive in this present time. I have never owned one myself. The price tag always seemed a little to excessive for such a toy. I do like the BMW suv. You still come out better purchasing the Titan le. That's a good choice for a first time truck. You are accustom to driving with speed and agility. I think the Titan fits well with v8 and 305 horsepower. It's agile and strong. It's hit the road with a sports sedan type ambition. Go test drive one on the interstate. You can get a pretty decent equipped one for about 30 grand.
    I currently drive a 2002 BMW 540i 6-Speed and Love it. Fast, Great Handling and oh that V8. Smooth, huge torque. However, in the winter, its a sled. It slida all over the place. Thats why I was think getting Titan for the winter in NE. I have yet to drive one, but from what I am hearing, I am not giving much up as far as the engine is concerned.
  • jeffczjeffcz Member Posts: 2
    I am considering purchasing a Titan LE Crew in the next couple of months. Does anyone have an idea when the '05 models will hit the lots? I have heard of some quality control issues with th '04 Titans and hope they will be addressed with the newer models. Any input is appreciated.
    will probably come in about another month. nissan is going later than the rest for model year changeover.
    The same people that made the 04 will make the 05. So, it depends if those people have been properly schooled on the quality issues. Chances are if we are still hearing about problems in the 04 then they will probably show up in the 05. You should check the consumer reviews in Edmunds. Check the latest ones and see if people are still complaining about those problems. Right now Titan does have a true cost to own value. The problems are exactly the serious for this truck.It is a first year truck made by a first year factory. I am surprised there weren't a lot more problems. The problems won't be as bad this time as they were for the 04. This is a great time to buy an 04 because of the 05 about to come out soon.
  • keaneckeanec Member Posts: 349
    I Agree with most of your statement, but there are very few big issues with the Titan. The new F-150 has just as many (if not more) and so does the Dodge.

The Titan is no worse than the rest,... and expect the later built 04's and the 05s to be better than Ford in with respect to quality issues.
    Well, I was not really aware of the problems with the F150. All I have heard in this discussion is problems with the Titan. So, what are some of the problems with the F150? I was not aware of issues with the dodge ram. I agree with you about Titan's 04 and 05 will be better quality then the earier 04 models. They may even beat out the F150 in quality issues. We'll definitely find out right around the corner. I looked at an F150 crew cab and the back seats seemed much smaller and lower than the Titan's seats. The interior seems more classier than the Titan. The engine and the side curtain airbags may have convinced me about the F150. The engine seems sluggish. I think the F150 is too heavy for the 5.4 liter engine. It was made heavy enough to tow more than everybody else but sacrifice on the engine. If you really wanted to do some towing I figure and F250 would be better equipped for heavy duty towing. The F150 is more for recreational than a lot of day to day manual labor use. They would have come out better making the engine with better pick up and go under the hood. I was really to sacrifice little bit of luxury for some power under the hood. That's why the Titan caught my eye. But I do see your point.
  • keaneckeanec Member Posts: 349
    Just go and check the different F-150 boards and you will see what I mean. I haven't checked in quite a while because I don't really care about the F-150. Some problems I saw were stalling, vibrations in the steering wheel, and other minor assembly flaws. To be honest, there is really next to no traffic on these edmunds forums. The real action is on truck specific sites.

By the way, the problems on the Titan in this discussion are because it is a Titan forum. No real reason for a Ford problem to be discussed.
  • p100p100 Member Posts: 1,116
    One problem with vehicles made today is that manufacturers look for sources of cheap parts. If certain percentage of these parts are defective or substandard, even the best assembly quality control will not produce a good product. A good example here is the undersized brake rotors used on the TITAN. To produce a well built car or truck all parts must be made to strict specifications and assembled with care. If an assembly line worker in the US bolts on a front hub assembly that has been improperly assembled somewhere in a third world country by untrained workers making 80 cents an hour, the end result is the same as if that US worker assembled the part improperly. So quality control has to extend across all aspects of manufacturing.
    I can see your point. But hey what can you do about it? We all take a risk when buy these vehicles. It's not like we sit down and check every part before we buy the vehicle. That's why warranties come in handy. I really would not want anybody making 80 cents building my vehicle. You get what you pay for is quite a true saying. Quality really does depend on the material and the people doing the job.
  • roberteroberte Member Posts: 2
    Purchased my basic Titan KC 15/03/04 of this year with the vehicle being built in 02/04.
    Question?
    Has anyone else ran across a small body problem that I have experienced on my truck?

If you go to the back of the bed and run your finger along the under side of bed rail approximately 15 inches from the back, right behind the rear bed liner vertical post there is a round hole (13 mm) that the factory uses to install the bed.
    The J Hooks that they use has pulled the (deformed) sheet metal up a little over an 1/8". This has thusly gouged the plastic caps. The only reason that I found this was the fact that I was starting to show rust stains running down the side of the bed, on the outside and on a black truck they show up quite clearly.
    This caused me to pull the bed cap rails off and guess what both sides were the exhibiting the same opportunity.

Took the truck to the purchasing dealer who contacted the factory warranty group. Well their (Nissans) answer was that when I pulled these plastic caps off I deformed the metal. The dealers attitude was if that was what the factory said then they would not over rule them and correct the opportunity themselves. Contacted Nissan1 who seemed to understand the opportunity but the gentleman I spoke to said the warranty group ruled.
    The dealership agreed that it was a manufacturing defect but they would not over rule them. Their attitude was tough luck Charlie live with or fix it your self.

In all my years of engineering experience this is the first time that I have seen plastic do this type of damage. My interpretation of their response is that the laws regarding the of strength of materials do not apply in Mississippi.

Pleas note, you do not need to pull the covers off, as if you do they don't fit again, plus most of the snaps break off, then you have to buy new ones caps.
    You can just reach up under the bed rail to feel this possible damage.

The gentleman that worked for and was part of Nissans management that I spoke to and showed this opportunity to stated that he would have someone contact me regarding this issue well 6 weeks latter and still no show. I have had this repaired at my own expense for $300.00. The amount is inconsequential it has become a point of their lack of concern, lack of integrity, and a point of principle.

As for gas mileage I did not buy the vehicle for mileage, I bought the truck from past experience with Nissan products and the purported statements of what the vehicle could do.

On the open highway pulling a loaded car dolly, flat bed trailer (2 axle)loaded (approximately 4000 lbs of load) and with no trailer mostly on flat roadways, (mostly interstates) I average approximately 15 to 19 miles to the gallon, this is dependent of what I am towing. That is cruising at approximately 65 MPH with the cruise on and the A/C going. Using synthetic oil may be a help.
    To help solve and increase the mileage problem I recently installed a Volant Cool Air Intake system and I have averaged approximately a 3 to 5 MPG increase.
    Granted it is not a perfect fit but with a small amount of tweaking it works great. Yes it does add a considerable amount of noise when you nail it but under normal circumstances it is the same decibel level on take off.
    However in the city to quote my son "Dad you have a hole in you gas tank".

I do keep fastidious records on all vehicles I own on every thing from when I put air in the tires to gas purchases. And have them still on the last 3 vehicles that I have owned.

Something else that you folks may wish to consider is a lower valance grill.
    In one of my recent forays I managed to pick up a rock that broke the lower fan shroud housing. Had this wayward missile been 3 inches closer to the passenger side guess what. So much for an evaporator core.
    Fortunately the damage was not severe enough that I could not repair it on the spot and continue. Again a small amount of garage time fixed this problem. Built my own grill guard. Why can Nissan not do this. As a friend said "THEY JUST DON'T GET IT"

In talking to several aftermarket manufacturers they have stated that Nissan will not supply them with test mules, as other manufacturers do, so consequential aftermarket parts have to wait on some private individual to provide them with a test bed to design and work out the problems.
    Waiting for Nissan to develop and provide accessories for this vehicle I will in all probability have another vehicle.

As for the electric brakes it is a bit of a hunt to find the wiring for the jumper but it is there, you just have to look.

As far as A/C hiss sorry I have not had this problem nor have I experienced the the FM fade loss as I do not listen to FM. It is either CD's or AM radio. Brake dust with chrome after market wheels no great amount of dust.

At this point in time I have almost 23,000 miles on the truck and it is performing better than I had envisioned it would, but we shall see what the future holds.

Also I do have to agree with the one gentleman that wondered why he could not get just the sunroof with out getting other items that he did not deem necessary.

If you went to and may still be able to, go to the Nissan web site you could basically build the truck any way you wanted.
    That would have been great, because if you wanted the sunroof or just the power windows or just the door locks or any specific combination of items that was ideal, well I did that while working overseas , printed off the build sheet, took it to my local dealer when I returned home, and his comments were:
    "You gotta be kidding, this ain't Burger King where you can get it your way".

Being from Canada where we have DRL's but purchasing the truck in Texas, I found that they were only available on the $30 + K truck as standard equipment. I assumed that it would be simple matter to fix. Guess what, Not a snowballs chance. A small amount of intelligence by the factory would also have corrected this issue and other small items that are of a minor nature but are an irretent regardless.

Over all I have been very pleased with the vehicle, but with the one (1) small problem with the damaged body holes on the bed rails and Nissans total disregard for me as a repeat buying customer, there is not a snowballs chance in you know where of me nor my family buying another one of their products.

As I stated having been in the engineering game for a few years, Nissan really needs to start paying more attention those of us out here in the real world that have their products. When we inform them that there is an opportunity to improve their product and correct it on our vehicle you would have to think they would listen. "NOT"

But then again we have already been conned once, and in all probability will buy another of their products in the future.

These are just my comments and solutions to engineering design flaws that the folks at Nissan need to address and for people
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    A new trim level for those in Texas.

http://www.theautochannel.com/F/news/2004/09/26/236212.html

Bob
  • bigborebigbore Member Posts: 1
    No doubt the new nissan is not like the old nissan
    now americans assemble them
    this means sloppy american workmanship
    and bad american habits are at play
    which accounts for the new slop they dish out
    after 30 some years of dumb-estics trying to catch up to asian brands it seems that the asians are about to catch up to the dumb-estics
    in sloppyness
    WOW!
    With all that unbridled optimisum I'll bet you're the life of the party!
  • draymond2draymond2 Member Posts: 134
    Any opinions on your ownership so far? I can buy now for invoice minus $2000 rebate.

Looked at Tundras, like the versitility of the Titans better. Tundras have nicer interior. Only concerns I have is quality issues and gas mileage.
  • gee35coupegee35coupe Member Posts: 3,387
    Have been assembling Nissans/Toyotas/Hondas for decades now. I really have to disagree on that one.
  • mcscjtmcscjt Member Posts: 17
    Hey there,

Most of us Titan owners are very pleased with our trucks. It seems the early 04 productions had some nagging quality issues but most have been resolved.

I have a 07/04 production with no problems thus far. The Titan is an awesome vehicle. Kick [non-permissible content removed] engine, in your face styling, handy utilitrack and bed liner, impressive towing capacity, and affordable.

The 05 Titan is supposed to be rock solid with several nice improvements including a power rear window, aluminum interior accents, and tailgate assist.

Tundra is a reliable vehicle but does not come close to the Titan. It is a very boring truck and its interior reminded me of my mom's Camry. Read Edmunds head to head full size pick up truck review.

As for gas mileage, this is a full size truck with a V8 engine. A few miles more/less a gallon is not going to make a huge difference. When I test drove the Navigator, the salesman tried to tell me how much better mileage it got compared to a Hummer. Chalk one up for Lincoln...duh!
    A Titan with a build date of 1/6/04, definatly the early ones have issues. Mine is going in tomorrow for its extended visit with its favorite tech. Hopefully this is the end of it for a while. Even with the issues I LOVE my Titan and don't want to drive anything else.