Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Titan

Comments

• highrollerhighroller Member Posts: 351
    The NEW one!!! That's an awesome deal.. I'd wish i waited a bit longer before buying an 06 crew cab. :(
    Does anyone know where the oil sender/sensor location is on this titan? And, does anyone know if the oil pressure gauge is a rea one or is it just a dummy?
    Thanks for any inputs.
  • cl109508cl109508 Member Posts: 3
    Have 03 Tundra with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's just put second set on truck had 58,000 on first set great traction to the end. You will love them in the snow live in North East and go to New Hampshire to snowmobile never had issue. Get up to friends cabin after weeks worth of snow 15" to 24" of snow on the drive go right through. Have to clear the end as the plows pile it about 4'to 5' high would take out grill and lights with that packed pile of snow.
  • rapidorapido Member Posts: 5
    Anyone able to find info on any big rebates to get the 06's out the door? I'd like a Nissan but my local Dodge dealer is taking off over $11k off sticker and the Chevy dealer is knocking off $12k. This makes the $6500 most buyers can chip off the MSRP of the Nissan look a lot smaller,plus all you have to do is pick one off the lot to get the big rebate, no haggling.I've been looking around and haven't found any thing that Nissan may be doing for Nov. Should I just threaten the Nissan dealer I'm going to get a Dodge?
    Yes, and please report back here once you do it!! Most if not all dealers, would love to get rid of their old 06 models ASAP.
    Highroller, so far one dealer has contacted me. I'm looking at a 06 crewcab LE I haven't gone to see it because it's about a 2 hour drive. There are very few 06's left,anyways here's the deal. It's MSRP is $37,005 he's quoted me 30,6xx.That comes out to be $7k off MSRP. So far the average I see is $6500 off except for one guy who said he got 8300 off but that was a while ago.The dealer I talked with said he took the 2250 off the invoice and then took the 500 hold back off of that to come up with that #. Whatta think??
    $30,6xx for an 06 LE? Interesting and a little better than mine, what does the LE all include in it (navi, tow, 4x4, etc?) Did you also opted for the extended warranty and maintenance? Some people i know have gotten the 06 LE for as low as $29k with many various options.

For my 06 SE, i opted for the extended warranty and maintenace. Dont have the tow package or a navy or a dvd or a 4x4 though, but i got the SE popular package with step rails and mats. All in all, my price rounded out to be $31,1xx.
    The dealer tried to send me the picture of the actual sticker on that truck. No luck on getting on to a folder yet. I'm not sure about a Nav. system or DVD. It is a 4x4 though, so it's pretty safe to assume it has a tow package. I'm thinking of calling him to get the details pounded out once in for all. I know it does have have floormats and a bed extender, but at $120 for mats is not real exciting since you can pick some up at Pep boys or someplace like that for about $30!
    HIghroller,just got off the phone with the dealer to pound out things, the price is$30694.
    It's an 06 LE crew 4x4 (redbrawn) and like I mentioned before,floor mats and a bed extender.It don't have a tow,DVD,or Nav.package. Really the only thing I'll miss is the large mirrors on the tow package but it seems to be a honest deal and I'm probably going to go with it
    Does it have step rails, rockford fosgate system, leather, heated seats, fog lights?

Most of the LE's have these, but for 30694, it's not really bad. I'd go through with it too, but is there any way to bargain with them for the tow package? I'd say, "It's a done deal if i can get the tow package with the mirrors included on the LE." $30694, it's alot better than what i paid for (since mine is only the SE). I wish i could of gotten the tow package with those big mirrors. The other thing i desperately want is to have a tranny temp. gauge (should be included with the tow package) and FOG LIGHTS!!! *sigh*

Before making it a done deal, ask them about the fog lights or the tow package. I was about to walk out the door, but the salesman asked me if he could put something on to make me reconsider. i told him to get me the step rails and the stupid mats. I regret not telling him that i wanted the tow w/ tranny temp. gauge and fog lights. If not tow package, the fog lights are the next thing on the list. I think if your LE didnt come with fog lights, it's a no brainer for your salesman to add those on for you free of charge. These things i consider very essential down the road.... I think you'll enjoy your new truck either way ;)
    Highroller still pounding out the deal. I asked if there was any dealer fees that were going to added to the $30694 I was quoted on the truck with the $37005 sticker.He said yes a $27 title and $249 for paperwork I guess. He said all the dealers charge this fee and they were one of the cheaper ones.He was right, his competition was getting another $30 for the same.I don't care for the phony fee and told him I was looking at another truck, which I was, but was'nt so interested in. So I got him to put on step rails at no extra $. It does have the heated leather,4x4, spray-in liner,bed extender 8way driver and6 way pass. seats power mirrors with turn indicators duel climate,the 10 speaker stereo with the sub woofer, and pretty sure on the fog lights too. I tried to get the reciever hitch also but figured he'd only say he could afford one, which he did. I preferred the steps so took that. I've been dealing for a week now.It's been fun but I'm glad it's about done.Thanks for your replies. I should have it in 3 days. It's out of state so I'm making plans for the ride this weekend
    That's what i like to hear, good deal. Have fun in that truck. ;) Also, don't ever hesitate to bring it back to the dealer if you recognize any problems you're having with the truck. You paid for it, so dont let them push you away if you need something to get fixed.
  • wingriderwingrider Member Posts: 2
    I have a titan with the rockford fosgate radio and navigation. It has a aux input on the radio. Can I plug a Sirius Stargate 4 directly into the aux plug? Even Best buy did not know. Thanks for any input. Dale
    :confuse:
  • damnyankee44damnyankee44 Member Posts: 7
    Anyone know if it's possible to disable the feature of having the front windows open when the open button is held down on the remote? The windows on my Maxima and Titan open up at night sometimes from stuff in my pocket pushing on the remote button. The owners manual doesn't offer any way to disable this feature.
  • deepseadeepsea Member Posts: 1
    I have been having brake issues with my 2004 Titan, and after reading this message board, am worried that this repair may not be adequate. I brought the truck in for a slight pulsation, brake light flickering, and a screeching noise coming from the right front tire (3rd time for brake issues). They informed me that the right caliper was frozen/cracked and the brake pads were damaged. They replaced the caliper and pads, Nissan covered the cost for the caliper only. The dealer then informed me that the left front side also had the same problem, but Nissan would not cover the cost of those parts and they where going to charge me an additional $860.00. I called Nissan and filed a customer service report. In the end Nissan covered some of the cost, but I was charged $467.00 and went 4 days without my truck. How do both calipers fail at the same time (47K mi)? What caused them to crack, the larger pads? Why did Nissan only partially honor the warranty? Is this going to be the pattern of owning this truck, every 20K miles replacing the brake system? Note: I have the tow package but haven't towed anything with this vehicle, too afraid, especially with my wife and son in the vehicle. I guess the best option is to take the hit and trade it in. I am very disappointed with Nissan for not engineering a proper fix for this recurring problem.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Seems like your dealer wouldn't go to bat for you. Calipers are covered 3/36k warranty. Only pads and rotors are not.

-mike
  • tony48tony48 Member Posts: 7
    i had an aftermarket auto start installed, as a result i hit lock button 3 times to start and now my close window feature no longer works. i would try contacting someone in the auto alarm business, i am sure they can disable the button from opening windows.
  • wvareb1980wvareb1980 Member Posts: 3
    I Have a 2004 Titan and I agree with you that the brakes on this truck could be better, But.....I have towed construction trailers with cars on them and completely loaded hay wagons and have not had a braking issue when towing and I did not have the assis. of a brake box either. When I towed the cars I went down some serious hills, It is all in the way you drive. I'm not saying that you don't know how so please don't take it that way but as long as you are smart, you will have no problems braking when towing. The contruction trailer weighs an easy 2500 lbs. and I towed my thunderbird once and my full size Bronco on it as well, so there was some serious weight there. I have also pulled my 24 ft. camper without issue.
    I'm with you on the looks....It's not the best looking truck out there but giving the performance of it...I gave up the look and took the performance.
    I bought my 2004 Titan at the end of this past summer and love the truck. The only thing that is driving me nuts is the dash rattle/squeek that I hear. When driving while accelerating you can hear it. If you put it in neutral, nothing, neutral and give it a little gas...nothing, put it in gear and accelerate....rattle/squeek. It is def. coming from the inside, i just have not been able to pin point where? Any ideas??
  • myredtitanmyredtitan Member Posts: 2
    Yes I have an 06 Titan and the rear shakes at 47mph & at 52 mph. I've had the tires rotated/balanced then replaced all tires and that didn't help at all. I don't know what else it could be. Has anybody else experienced this same rear end shake?
  • razorthunderrazorthunder Member Posts: 98
    My 2004 Nissan Titan LE has 23000. I am on my fourth-set of rotars and brake pads, and computer system. Took the vehicle to the dealer and was called a "lair" without looking at the vehicle. Then one service manager said "you can trade it in and we will give you $2500 off MSRP of a new Titan." And then another service manager said "all SUV/trucks brakes make noise" I asked what highway to you travel that you hear all that brake noise on trucks and SUVs? I took my Titan to Midas and paid $795 for the required brake work that they were obligated to perform under warranty. I suspect a great lawyer would be taking on a class-action law-suit against Nissan and their brake defect on 2004 models. I am personally seeking lemon buy-back.
  • robnaorobnao Member Posts: 29
    I posted this in the maintenance board also, just wanted to cover all the bases. I am just wondering if anyone is having this problem with their paint. I have an 05 SE CrewCab 4X4 Off Road w/tow package, red alert color. I noticed a few small (1/16"-1/8") blisters in the paint, some had already broken when I first noticed them exposing the primer. I did a good inspection of the truck before taking to the Nissan dealer so I would know where the blisters were and stopped counting at 20, most of them are already broken, all of these expose the primer. The dealer has not been very supportive, saying that Nissan will probably claim they are rock chips and door dings even though the location of many of them rule these possibilities out (even have some on the tailgate). Has anyone else noticed this problem? We might have to get together to get Nissan to fix this one, I will post more as my situation progresses.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A local U.S. newspaper is looking to interview buyers who recently purchased a half-ton truck and understand what factors you considered before making your purchase. If you are interested in being interviewed, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, February 6, 2007 containing your daytime contact information.
    How about doing an article on the 2004 Nissan Titan brake defect? And how comsumers have to replace the rotors every 6000 miles because of warping. Also, when you try to get the defect fixed you get the following statements "your a lair," "all trucks/SUVs make brake noise," "we won't honor our warranty, or "just trade it in."
    Weird, never had this problem on my truck, other than the initial brake issue which was repaired by Nissan, no questions asked. Have 32k miles on my new rotors and no issues.

-mike
  • glambingglambing Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE A 06 TITAN CREW CAB AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. AFTER GETTING WITH THE DEALER TECHNITION WAS ABLE TO FIX PROBLEM BY CHANGING THE REAR AXLE ANGLE TO GET THE RIGHT DRIV3ELINE ANGLE. IF WHEN YOU HAVE SOME WEIGHT IN THE BED AND THE VIBRATION SEEMS TO GO AWAY THIS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH THE DEALERSHIP NOT BEING ABLE TO REPAIR THIS SITUATION THEY NEED TO CONTACT TECH SUPPORT AND ASK THEM FOR THE REPAIR THAT BOB ISAM AT COOPER NISSAN IN TULSA OKLA. HAS REPAIRED SEVERAL OF THESE TRUCKS SINCE HE REPAIRED MINE. GOOD LUCK. :)
  • rd400racerrd400racer Member Posts: 2
    This week on my way to Indy I hit a patch of black ice and
    sent my 04 Titan LE King Cab down the embankment and into
    a pile of trees at 70mph. Myself and my passenger (a client!) walked away without even a scratch. The Titan
    wasn't quite as fortunate. My question to you all is....
    given an insurance check and the ability to get whatever you want after a few years of Titan ownership, would you buy the same truck again. Mine had 46,000 miles, still ran strong as day one, and in my opinion is the best looking truck of the class. Negative aspects....sometimes electrical components just quit working for a while...the power seat wouldn't come into driver position when the key was installed, the cruise control wouldn't work sometimes, and then they would work the next time I used them. But my biggest complaint was all of the squeeks and rattles that
    were starting to work their way into the truck. The dash, the passenger seat, etc. But would this be enough to keep me from buying another. I don't think so, but I am going to at least look at what else is out there. I live in Louisville, a strong Ford town, so that would be my only real other choice. I was wondering how you all felt about your Titan's if all of the sudden you had the check to get another truck. Thanks for your opinions, Jon
    I would not buy another Nissan Titan truck. My complaints are (1) I have had my rotors and brake pads replaced 4 times, every 6000 miles, the brake vibration got so bad I could barely control the vehicle (2) I have been stranded on several occasions when the BCM body control module tripped and I lost power to the vehicle (3) Nissan stopped honoring its warranty at 24,000 miles and 30 months; and I paid $800 at Midas for parts covered under bumper to bumper warranty that Nissan would not replace (4) it would always take more then one trip to get a fault fixed right or my truck programmed once the part was replaced (5) I have been called stupid, a lair, told all brakes squeal, and that I should just trade the vehicle in versus getting it repaired. So not only was the truck I purchased unsafe and unreliable ..... the Nissan service department was much worse. Why subject yourself to such torture?
  • akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    the Nissan service department was much worse. Why subject yourself to such torture?

Did you ever think to try a different dealer? I had issues with my Titan as well, but the service dept was outstanding, bent over backwards to keep me happy.
    Yes, I tried three dealerships, which was difficult enough since the closest one was 75 miles away. So each issue I had with my Nissan Titan was a least a 150 mile drive. And twice getting stranded in the middle of now where, where there is no cell phone coverage isn't fun either. First dealership said I was a lair and didn't even look at my truck. Second dealership said all trucks and SUV makes brake noise. Third dealership said just to trade it in and we will give you $2500 off MSRP for a new one. They wouldn't even acknowledge the fault light I had on the vehicle, which just needed re programed. So, I had no choice but to take it to Midas where he showed by the warped rotors and dull brake pads. Furthermore, it is illegal for a franchise dealership not to accept warranty work, and the issue is if they acknowledge a repair after the third attempt it becomes a lemon. However by not accepting it it breaks federal law, the Magnuson-Moss Act. I even made complaints to Nissan Customer Service but never heard back.
  • carrie6carrie6 Member Posts: 2
    I have also wondered about the paint. I have an 05 Titan, white. I couldn't believe the chips clear down to the metal. And the scratches by the door handles, you would think I have claws, and big rings on every finger. Shortly after I got my truck I had an accident. I was hit on the corner front bumper. That piece had to be replaced. A few weeks later, I was washing my truck and seen where the paint was just flaking off in big chunks. They fixed it. Let me know what you find out. I am curious as to what they will say.
    Did anyone else see the news story about Honda having lost a law suit that claims the odometer on several models was reading more miles than were actually being driven? It was affecting warranty coverage, get's the company out of coverage sooner. It affected over 6 million vehicles sold from 2002-2006. All of the owners will get cash or an extended warranty. Apparently, at the post trial press brief a lawyer fro Honda said the Nissan Altima does the same thing, adds up the miles too quickly. Now, I am not sure this wasn't a comment to cast doubt where there was none, but it might be worth while to check our Titans to make sure the odometers are adding the miles up correctly. I saw the story on FOX News.
  • somfbahsomfbah Member Posts: 1
    There is definitely a paint problem. Our daughter purchased a red alert titan which within 6 months started chipping, we have gone rounds with nissan and arbitration with BBB. They claimed it was rail dust but we had 3 body shops (including a nissan bs) and a paint expert look at it. The chips where inside the doors, tailgate and under the bug deflector which was installed by the dealer upon purchase. It is contamination under the paint which causes it to pop, through arbitration we have to at least give nissan a chance to fix the problem so it is at the shop being taken apart and stripped to bare metal and re painted. But we all know this will depreciate the truck signifactly. If you check into it the dealer will only tell you that it is not a factory fault. But if more know about this situation then maybe we can get nissan to acknowledge their Mississippi plant has a problem
    Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure I couldn't be the only one with a problem like this. I have also taken it to a paint shop and some of the blisters are still partially or completely intact. I am sure I will have the same fight, but at least we can add fuel to each others fire.
  • qwerty_ocqwerty_oc Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone ever tried any performance mods on their Titan? I see a few on ebay like "increase horsepower by 36+", "increase MPG", etc. They are very cheap to purchase but I noticed on some of the feedback it says that it is basically a paper clip to do the mod. I was just curious if anyone else has tried this and had any luck or is it just something that sounds too good to be true?

Example ebay item #: 290093044972
  • banderson875banderson875 Member Posts: 6
    I am having the same problem with my 2005 red alert color titan. Rock chips started showing up after about 6 months, now are all over the hood, side, roof etc, all down to the primer, and a couple down to the metal, and I slightly tapped my fender with a piece of pipe which cause another chip, which in normal conditions shouldn't have even scratched it. These are not normal rock chips, you can tell that the paint isnt sticking to the primer, and its just flaking off. I am working with Nissan currently to see if they will re-paint my truck. I have also had quite a few "quality" issues as well. I've had to have the clock fixed, a full new break job, the drive shaft bolt retightened and loc-tited, the plastic where the seat belt hangs is badly worne, the plastic window trimming had to be re-glued, and the electric seat quit working at one point and had to be "reset" by the dealer. Mechanicly it's been very good, no complaints there, and I love the truck, I just wish the quality was a little better...
    On the plastic trimming, I had on 2004, it it would warp, and once it starts happening it is difficult for the trim to stop popping out. There has been numerious compliants on this site about the paint. In terms of quality you just have to suck it up and buy an 2008, in which they solved all the quality problems, right guys? That is what I was told by Nissan and the people on this site. :lemon:
  • mick14mick14 Member Posts: 30
    I had Stillen longtube headers installed on mine about a month ago. Its said to have increased RWHP by 27+ or so. The mid-upper rpm torque/hp is amazing. Best bang for your buck IMO.Cost was $695 for headers and $425 for install.
    Those headers for the 4x4 of 4x2?

-mike
  • mick14mick14 Member Posts: 30
    They are for my 4X4. They come with an O2 emulator box to defeat the catalytic convertors.
    If you have a paint chipping/peeling problem post about it here. The manufacturers do keep aware of the complaints on these sites and it will help others when they go to make a claim to show that others are having the same problem. I am still working through the process on mine.
  • banderson875banderson875 Member Posts: 6
    I have filed a claim with the BBB Autoline, I should be going to mediation within the next 30 days. After I found out that it would be well over $5,000 to repaint my truck since the body shop required a complete paint strip due to bad primer or base coat causing the chipping, or else the refused to warranty their work. In my mind this proves a manufacture defect so I would encourage everyone with the same problem to also file a claim, since nissan refuses to repair the paint because they a hiding under the "rock chip" clause in their warranty.
    Yeah, sounds like Nissan. Nissan is getting tougher on these cases because they lost 54% profit in the last quarterly earning statement. They've produced some poor products and customers are holding them accountable. My advice, having just gone through the BBB process with Nissan, is stay strong. Nissan will try every trick in the book to make a case go away. In my case they wouldn't enter into any serious settlement negotations until it was time to present their case during the arbitrition hearing, then we broke from the hearing and they settled on my terms. They had no choice because the BBB hearing actually becomes public record, and anyone could order the transcipts so if they presented a defense, any statement would be public record. I don't think Nissan wanted to address how my truck ended being repaired 30 times. They did call the night before the hearing to try to settle, however, I missed the call because my truck broke down. I had to arrange to tow it to the BBB hearing location.
  • ezblueezblue Member Posts: 4
    I do not have paint peeling problems, but the lack of. I have noticed that there are some light areas in the bed of my truck in some of the less obvious spots but not concerned since I've already scrathed the bed and plan on getting a spray in liner. The rest of my truck's paint is fine MJ blue, also have an 07 Quest same color no issues.
  • driver56driver56 Member Posts: 408
    I own a 07 Frontier Nismo Crew, 6 months young, been all over with it, on-road, off-road, everything in between, one little swirl mark on the front fender where I ran by a broom bush. Not a chip or pit anywhere. Very happy thus far, expected nothing less. My baby brother has his 97 Nissan truck, his wife a 98 Pathfinder, my father a 93 Nissan Access, all great vehicles.
    I like the Majestic Blue, but decided on the Silver this last time, a little easier for me to keep it looking good.
    Both colors look sharp though.

Enjoy!
  • esengeesenge Member Posts: 1
    I have been having problems with the front right bumper cover since I bought my 06 Titan. I had about 6,000 miles on it when the paint started pealing off the plastic cover. I took it back to the dealership, They sent the cover out to be re painted. Now the paint is chipping and the clear coat is cracking. I again took it to the dealership, they inspected it and then told me that I hit something for it to crack like that. ( I would have had to hit into something 5 or 6 times for it to do that). I then called Nissan 1 of North America and explained the situation, after 2 weeks i got a call about an hour ago, Jessica from Nissan 1 told me basically that it is my problem. I do not see it that way. does anyone have advice for me? Oh and just to let everyone know the left bumper cover is perfect, no chips or cracking!!
  • akawadaakawada Member Posts: 3
    Go to www.clubtitan.org for more info on every type of Titan mod imaginable! If you've got $$$, Stillen has a supercharger.
    My advice is go through the BBB (autoline). You can file a claim on their website www.bbb.org. Unfortunately, Nissan has some poor products and poor customer service which is probably why they saw a 54% drop in profit last quarter. When I was having brake problems Nissan treated me the same way whereas I was concerned about the safety of the vehicle. The service tech actually called me "a lair" and the manager's solution was to trade it in for a new one. So I took my Nissan to Midas to get a second opinion; then I used those documents for my arbitration case; along with the undisputed photos of the warped rotors and axle leaks. So the arbitrator forced Nissan to repurchase my truck for full retail price, occurred interest charges, registration fees, and maintenance fees. Guess I wasn't lying. However, the only thing I didn't get was an apology from Nissan.
  • haropharop Member Posts: 59
    SORRY, SORRY, SORRY...

I really do hope this will help you to move on. I do understand all the pain you went through, because I can simply think I could have been in your place and having all the problems. Of course I would have been mad and even may be more than you. But see, repeating the same story is really no help here. Please understand this. I also wish you to get something really more reliable, because I can feel second time it would be much harder. Good luck!

-haro