Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda6 Accessories and Modifications

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    lewisindelewisinde Member Posts: 6
    Buy a Garmin 255W for $175 on ebay and also buy a clip to attach it to the front vent for 6 bucks...its close up, it has better navigation and you can take the $ you save and take your wife out to a nice restaurant which will show up on the Garmin but not on the Mazda navigation unit. Besides the stereo unit without the navigation looks hot. In three years you will be able to buy an up to date unit for only $100 and still save enough to take the wife out to a nice place to eat.
  • Options
    waterbuck1waterbuck1 Member Posts: 11
    Hi-
    I'm trying to sort out whether I need to get the Bose/Moonroof package on a new iTouring. I don't need a moonroof. I would like somewhat better sound than the stock speakers, which buzzed a bit on my test drive.

If I want to get an improvement (I'm not a big time audiophile), can I just purchase 4 new speakers and installation at Best Buy? I don't know enough about speakers to figure out what level would be "better".

What is a decent improvement and what's the total cost typically? Do I need to buy an amp too?
  • Options
    vfontjrvfontjr Member Posts: 9
    This is the response I received from Mazda regarding map updates for my 2009 6i which came with a 2007 map set:

"Thank you for contacting Mazda.

At this time there are no updated navigation discs that have been issued. If updated discs become available in the future, part numbers and ordering information will be made available to authorized Mazda dealerships Parts departments. We regret any dissatisfaction with this situation."
  • Options
    raymond111raymond111 Member Posts: 1
    Mazda has know about this issue for a long time and knows about all the people struggling to use a 10 plus year old disc. My house and some neighborhoods are not on the map! 4 times I have been promised an updated disc and still waiting..... and waiting. At least they have been honest with me and trying hard with desno to get an updated one, Even sent me a 200 dollar gift certificate for the purchase of the new disc. Like we were suppose to pay for it after a purchase of the new 2009 Mazda 6 vehicle?
  • Options
    mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    Is the problem with the Bose system clarity at high volumes only? If so, then adding a better amplifier would help. If the clarity is bad at all volumes, then there must be something wrong with the head unit.
  • Options
    mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    Definitely get the lower cost trim and put in an after market audio system. A lot of the times they will keep the original head unit, which makes it look much better, plus saves you money. Just add a good amp, some great speakers, and a subwoofer. I would guess the cost would be $600+
  • Options
    abouttime2abouttime2 Member Posts: 7
    I just purchased an 09 GTi Mazda 6 and I love it. But where I live right now there is no garage and between the snow, rain and summer sun the car will be exposed to the elements. I washed and waxed it already but I would like to know if I should purchase a more expensive custom fitted car cover from the dealer or will the best cover from walmart suffice?
  • Options
    avmazda6avmazda6 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the unlock code to inhibit the navigation system for the Mazda 6 from not working during car movement.?... I hear there is a way to allow it to work even during driving.
  • Options
    rothy96rothy96 Member Posts: 1
    need help how do you import the entire phone book from mobile device thanks :confuse:
  • Options
    rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    I have successfully paired my HTC Mogul phone (Sprint) with my 6i GT via Bluetooth. However I have never been able to import the phone book using the Import Phonebook command.

Anyone else having the same problem? My phone is among those listed on the mazdahandsfree.com website as being supported for Bluetooth headset and Bt Audio. All other phone functions work flawlessly.

On the same site I found buried in the FAQs (THIS SHOULD BE LISTED IN THE MANUAL that comes with the car) that the phone book must not contain more than 1,000 contacts. So I deleted a ton of contacts that I am not likely to call anyways and got the list down to around 500 contacts. But the import phonebook hangs (well I lost my patience after about 3 minutes).

I even unpaired and re-paired but it continues to show the same behavior.

I can't believe they charge $2,000 for this nav and still don't get this to work right.

Any suggestions? Please email me.
  • Options
    jxc11jxc11 Member Posts: 2
    I don't know what's going wrong with yours, but it took about 20 minutes for mine to clone over 812 contacts.

However, I've still rarely used the address book. Primarily because I hate receiving calls in my car since my iPhone likes to randomly drop the bluetooth connection and I'm forced to switch to speaker which is a PITA.

If you don't mind losing all your saved stations, you might want to try a hard reset via removing a battery cable to clear out all data, and first thing, start the copy over process. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else you can do.
  • Options
    Wow, 20 minutes for 812 entries. I have about 500 now and I guess I lost my patience after 5 or 6 minutes. I will give it another shot.

BTW with my HTC Mogul the Bt connection is rock-solid.
  • Options
    nancytypesnancytypes Member Posts: 2
    did you ever gat an answer? we have the same problem. At least the passenger should be able to use nav system while moving.
  • Options
    kencard1kencard1 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone figured out a way to use navigation system while vehicle is moving ? I just purchased my 2009 Grand Touring and I'm not at all happy with the navigation system. I guess I was spoiled by using the navigation in my previous Honda Accord.
  • Options
    nancytypesnancytypes Member Posts: 2
    I think you have to use the voice activated. we have not tried that yet, but the nav system is annoying. We have Mazda 6 2009, love the car but not the nav system. the cheap dash mounts are easier to use and they have an unlock code.
  • Options
    ronsteffronsteff Member Posts: 6
    i have a new mazda 6 i touring the cd changer does not change to the next disc unless i press the folder button is this the way it should work i thought it would change to the next disc when the one disc is finished playing
  • Options
    vfontjrvfontjr Member Posts: 9
    The one thing that always bothered me about my 2009 Mazda 6i is that the nav system came with 2007 maps. There is now a 2010 map set available at mazdanavigation.com. They ship overnight. When you insert the dvd the first time, it does a system software upgrade on the nav system. The interface changed a little and there are new features in the menu that weren't there with the 2007 maps. The overall responsiveness of the unit is much snappier as well.
  • Options
    krissxxkrissxx Member Posts: 1
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I am quite happy with my 6 overall after about 8 months of ownership. But the Nav is terrible and simply not worth the money. Hitting the "Agree" button each time I start the car is a *&%^ nuisance. I throw up each time she announces "...Traffic regulations may apply. Please respect the local traffic regulations" which kicks in any time one gets on and off a freeway or even a local county "expressway" (which are NOT limited access roads, but have things like carpool lanes). Even worse, she repeats the same message every few exits or so. It's REALLY ANNOYING. I wonder if it can be turned off.
  • Options
    oxoxoxox Member Posts: 7
  • Options
    mjm19mjm19 Member Posts: 6
    Does anybody know if you can add an amplifier to this system to get more power out of it. When the windows are down to weak.
This discussion has been closed.