Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyleknickskyleknicks Member Posts: 433
    did you guys know that the mazda dealerships take ford's family pricing incentives?? i haven't seen anyone mentioning this on here...is this just an additional $1000 rebate on top of everything else??

what other discounts should i expect to see when i talk to the internet manager?

besides the $2000 rebate, and the Gerber rebate.. is there a recent graduate rebate?
  • banditboybanditboy Member Posts: 54
    Just brought a 05 Mazda 6i/ 5 MT for 19,600 invoice - 100 -2000 - 1000 + [699]Lo Jack

sunroof and boss package,wheel locks,It had the spoiler and was given the exact same car in red and silver...choosed silver

otd was 21k on a 23,590 + Lo Jack + Wheel Locks - 3000 rebates
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    Mazda is not participating in the Ford family plan.
    I just called my local dealer and he said they are... is anyone else getting conflicting info??
  • gussguss Member Posts: 1,167
    Your local Mazda Dealer may be offering it as an incentive, but Mazda is not offering it.
  • jlam2jlam2 Member Posts: 21
    Not offically. You can get it for cheaper than Ford Family or S-plan on 2005 Mazda 6 if you tried really hard. I got my 6s for $6750 off MSRP.
    jlam2.....what was your MSRP??
  • jlam2jlam2 Member Posts: 21
    MSRP=$27680. Paid $20930. Read post # 1243 and see how it's done.
  • allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    I just helped my best friend buy a Mazda6 s 4-door a few nights ago and we got him a great deal. The car stickered for $27,680 and he got it for $22,780+ tax, tag and title. It has the 6-speed automatic, leather and the Bose/Moonroof package. Anyway, just thought I'd share with anyone in the market. Now would be a great chance to jump on an '05.
  • mazda6fanmazda6fan Member Posts: 1
    i totally agree..i just bought mine yesterday..it is a mazda6 s 5-door hatchback special edition with volcanic red color and black leather..MSRP: 28,500 and got it for 22,400 + tax, tag and title + many free services from the dealer..The 6-speed sportronic transmission is amazing and i just love the way the car looks and feels behingd the wheel...this is definitely a great buy!!
  • mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    Does anyone else think it's odd that the 06 Mazda6 went into production the first week of August but only a few have arrived at dealer's lots and most dealers don't have any at all? Is Mazda holding them back until inventory of 05 models gets lower?
  • deluxedeluxe Member Posts: 29
    I would agree. I just came back from our biggest Mazda dealer in town and they do not have any at all, not even on the "back lot". They have atleast 30 2005 Mazda6's in front with stickers 5k off etc..

I only saw one 2006 Mazda6 for now (at smaller Mazda/Honda dealer), and I liked it. Guess we have to wait few more weeks then they have to bring them all in.
    Fleet orders got a big chunk of initial production. This is normal. There is also a 4 cyl engine commodity issue that pushed back alot of orders.
    I guess the strong sales of the Mazda3 s can be blamed for the 4cyl engine shortage. That's OK, I want a V6 anyway. :shades:

Most fleet sales will be 4cyl cars, so where are they hiding the V6 units?
    audi8q,
    Since you have a lot of inside info( read few posts during the last 6 months), can you please tell me location of navigation system?

It looks to me like it is going to be on the top of the dash, where the additional space for sunglasses etc. used to be. But is going to be a pop-up, flip up or something else? I think I read somewhere that it will be voice activated also, so that is nice. Gray one that I checked out was loaded V6, but no navi.
    Yeah, I want one that pops up out of the top of the dash when I say "Nav on". :)
    Your correct...the location is the top of the dash. flip up screen and there is voice recognition. similar to the MZ5 system. $2000 and available on the 'i' and 's' model grand touring and grand sport.

I was looking at the voice command list...some of the commands are a little much....how many folks are driving around looking for a "winery" ??? ;)
    Thank you for the promp response audia8. Maybe you can post the prompt list? I suspect it is too long..I wonder is there a "strip joint" command ;)

My only fear is that we are going to see Mazda6's with 30k stickers? Not many people are posting their prices recently? Is anybody buying 6's anymore?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    That was the special Green Bay Packers model...

It wasn't "winery", it was "wienery"....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

The list is kinda long....so if somebody really wants it, email me your fax number.

Most of the commands are obvious....direction commands like zoom in, zoom out, right map, left map....store point etc...

POI (Point of interest) commands examples....hospital, chinese rest, fast food, court house, ATM, hotels, airport, Dolphin stadium, etc...

I tried strip club....got nothing. :cry:
    Well, I for one might be looking for a winery. :)

I think for "strip club" you would ask for "T&A bars", no? :P
    Oh, what a letdown by Mazda. Not be able to provide guys with basic needs, food football and strip clubs.

Well 2 out of 3 isnt that bad either. On the other hande, I dont think any nav system can show that pint(oops beer on my mind, meant point) of interest. Im am going tomorrow on hunt for 2006's, I am sick of waiting. I want to drive one, see if I can notice much difference. I am definetly geting a new family car in 3 months, and Mazda6 is in top 5 on my list.

I hope we will be able to get good deal, because the one I want will prob sticker around 30k..I do get 1% under invoice anyway at anytime, but I want to see if I can get better then that first.
  • ceilyceily Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a Silver '05 Mazda 6S with Bose Audio/ Moonroof, Leather Pkg, 6 Spd Sport AT, and extras for 21,3k + TTL. MSRP was 28,5k....(got the 2k cust cash plus 1k MAC....my gerber wasn't accepted). This forum really helped me out in getting a good deal. :):):)
  • chaw63chaw63 Member Posts: 3
    Why wasn't your Gerber accepted?

Thanks
    Looks like Nav is only available on models with leather?
    :)
    'Bout time,lol.Thx for info!
  • ceilyceily Member Posts: 2
    :( The coupon said that it wanted the ad as well.....I did not have the ad...
  • clasleyclasley Member Posts: 16
    Hello all,

I was wondering if you guys can help me. I am trying to decided between a 6 and an altima, depending on who gives me the best price. I am looking at a 6i sport with auto, bose/moonroof, compass/auto/homelink rear view, and wheel locks. The MSRP is $24505. According to Edmunds, invoice is 23,217. with rebates that would place this it at $20,217. I am a recent grad so I can also deduct $500. This is my first new car purchase and want to make sure I get the best deal. Since they are trying to get rid of the 2005's, do you guys think I can do better then $19717?
    i would say.. go for the gerber rebate ($500).. sign up at mazdausa.com/family and then hit them for another 500 and you're set..

that would make your price 5788 off MSRP...

oh yea, and do it in the next couple of days before it turns OCT... so they want to make their numbers..
    The gerber coupon expires and 9/30 and will not be continued.....so you must take delivery by Friday.
  • nugennugen Member Posts: 14
    Recently bought a 6 wagon, and thought I would share my experience for those in the market:

First thing that people need to know is that there are 3 targeted rebates available to everyone (in addition to the recent grad, military, and loyalty rebates). They are:

Gerber - $500
    ACOG - $500, and
    Zoom Zoom Live - $500

The Gerber is easy. You can call Gerber and they will send it to you. You must sign up at the indicated URL (you can find it on this board) and present the original mailing along with your confirmation.

The ACOG is tougher. It was printed in a limited-run magazine called "Plum" that was distributed to OB/Gyn offices. ACOG claims to not have any copies left, *but* you can find them on ebay. (Make sure you are getting the ad and not just the magazine). I paid $33 for mine. Similar to Gerber, you have to sign up, and present your confirmation and the original ad.

Zoom Zoom Live is given out for attending a Mazda ride-and-drive event, which they are doing in various places around the country (check out zoomzoomlive.com). If you are not fortunate enough to have one going on near you, I have also seen these on ebay.

The important thing to know is that these coupons are stackable. Any dealer who tells you otherwise is wrong or lying. Have them call Mazda to confirm.

Other than that, I can tell you that I shopped my car extensively, and pretty much found that $6000 under sticker (including the $3K rebates that Mazda advertises, but excluding the $1500 from the special rebates described above) was about as good as anyone was willing to do. I came across that number in an newspaper ad that someone had posted on another forum for a dealer in Columbus, Ohio. It is very agressive. I shopped it locally (Boston area) and found that only one dealer was willing to come close, so I wound up getting the car from a very large dealer in the NYC area. (great price, but abysmal service).

Anyway, at the end of the day, I paid a hair less than $7500 under sticker for a pretty loaded car, including doc fee and window etching, but excluding tax and registration. You might be able to do even better in the final days of the month.

BTW: If you do not yet have the Gerber, ACOG or Zoom Zoom coupons, but are getting them in the mail, make sure that the dealer knows, and is willing to apply them after the sale-- they won't reduce the price of the car so you'll pay tax on the pre-rebate amount, but they can have Mazda send the cash directly to you.

Good luck, and enjoy the car. It is a great ride!
  • annu2annu2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi nugen...Im in lookout for Mazda6 in Boston area. Could you let me know the NY and Bos dealer. Quirk here wouldnt reduce 4500 below msrp..and i dont have any coupons to stack up..thanks much
    Thanks for your help kyleknicks!

The price the internet sales manager is giving me is around $19700. I mentioned to him about the college grad discount and he told me Mazda discontinued offering that. Has anyone else heard of this?
  • redc0ugarredc0ugar Member Posts: 55
    Clasley,
    I'm not sure if this will help....I'm an employee at AAI. Ask your dealer if an employee discount would help lower the price. I'll give you my discount, just let me know if your're interested.
    Try Champion, in Brockton, Wellesley and 128.
    Like I said, the dealers in Boston were tougher, but these guys were all pretty straightforward. Champion and Wellesley are smaller, so they have less inventory, but you can check what they have on the web. (I particularly liked the guys at Champion. Very little BS.)

Also, you really should get yourself one or more of the coupons. Like I said, the Gerber is easy (though someone else indicated that it may be expiring-- still worth a shot). And the others are usually up on ebay-- search "Mazda Coupon."

Good luck!
    Sorry, forgot to respond to the other part of your question. The NY area dealer was Wayne Mazda in Wayne, NJ. They are apparently the largest volume dealer in the country, so they seem to be able to do more on the price.
  • tnguyen74tnguyen74 Member Posts: 65
    Ceily, that is the model and configuration I'm looking for. Can you tell me where you purchased and the dealer name. Is everyone getting around 21k for fully loaded Mazda 6s like this?
    hey tnguyen74-

I posted this a few weeks ago, but I'll post again for your reference. FYI- this was at Jim Ellis Mazda in Atlanta, GA.

"I just helped my best friend buy a Mazda6 s 4-door a few nights ago and we got him a great deal. The car stickered for $27,680 and he got it for $22,780+ tax, tag and title. It has the 6-speed automatic, leather and the Bose/Moonroof package. Anyway, just thought I'd share with anyone in the market. Now would be a great chance to jump on an '05."

Maybe you can get a better deal now that the '06 models are showing up. Obviously Ceily did about $1,400 better than this. And I thought this deal was pretty good.
  • annu2annu2 Member Posts: 2
    thanks a lot for the info. I shall work on this today
    Thx redcugar I appreciate it,

I will email him and see what he says
    What the heck is Mazda doing with the 06 models? This car went into production the first week of August (that's about 10 weeks ago) and there are hardly any of them on the dealer lots. There must be huge parking lots full of these cars somewhere. The dealers are almost out of 05 models and can't figure out why they don't have 06 models yet. Edmunds still has no pricing info on the 06 models (I assume they get it directly from Mazda). Is Mazda trying to reduce the number of 05s left on the lots for when the 06s show up or what? :mad:
    Cars.com has pricing for the '06 Mazda6 models if that helps you any.

The '06 Mazda 3's started showing up on dealer lots over a month ago, but you're right, I haven't seen any '06 6's yet. Even though the 3's have been out for a while, Mazda still hasn't updated their website yet.

What the heck? Every other major brand has their '06 info on their website.

I will say, at least here in Atlanta, most dealers still have a good many '05 6's in stock. Most of them that I've seen are the less desirable models, though- mostly i base models and s without body kit or spoiler. I'd think they'd be hurting for the ones people actually want.
  • gussguss Member Posts: 1,167
    that I was at local Mazda dealer on Sunday to check out the changes on the 6 while no sales people were around.

They had 2 on the lot, kind of mid priced at $26k , $27k. The '06 6 looks alot like the 3 4 door. I liked the minor tweaking.
    Yeah, I suspect they're trying to reduce 05 inventory before they ship more 06 cars.
    This car went into production the first week of August (that's about 10 weeks ago) and there are hardly any of them on the dealer lots. There must be huge parking lots full of these cars somewhere.

Don't forget the US isnt the only market for the car....The car was essentially sold out worldwide so you have dealers all over the planet who need cars. Also, the cars spend apx 6 weeks on the boat getting to the US and then another 10 days or so at the port getting prepped. Each boat carries apx 5000-5500 cars but they are not all mazda3 and they all don't go to one region...so as you can see it takes a while to rebuild the supply that ran out apx 60 days earlier than planned....Of course if nobody wanted the car...this wouldn't be an issue. Of all the problems to have this is a good one.. ;)
  • des5des5 Member Posts: 88
    I don't think so... the US 6 is made at the Auto Alliance plant in Flint Michigan.
    You are correct....I had Mazda3 on the brain. Maybe I should stop at 2 martini's instead of the usual 3 at lunch.
  • gmcjoegmcjoe Member Posts: 11
    The US Mazda6 is assembled at the Flat Rock, Michigan plant, along with the Ford Mustang (note the similar color choices).
    Anyway, good answer, even if it was for the wrong model. :surprise:

Got any theories on the reason for the delay on shipping of the 06 Mazda6? Most of the few that I have seen are 'i' models, so the idea of the shortage of 2.3L engines doesn't seem to make sense here. And, I haven't heard of any shutdowns at the plant, so they must be stockpiling them somewhere. How many do they build, something like 200 cars a day?