Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dd123dd123 Member Posts: 53
    Hi

Got mazda6i + AT + SABs + Mats + Wheel Locks for 16600 after rebate of $3000 ( 2500 cash back + $500 Mazda Finance )
    This price includes the price of $100 for CA/NY emission also.

Extra fee was $50 for tire service + doc fee

I also had a trade which i got for kbb value of condition " good "
  • tmen56tmen56 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Everybody
    My wife and I just purchased our barnd new 2006 6i Sport 5-Door at Biggers Madza in Elgin,Ill on Monday of this week. Biggers sold us the car at invoice minus $3000.00 in rebate money.
    The car is just great fun to drive
    Dealership was great to deal with plus our salesman gave me a FREE Hat
    tmen56
  • eifukueifuku Member Posts: 2
    That price is correct. Mazda of Escondido has been advertising agressive teaser prices on the base model 6 sedans. I don't think the other versions are discounted to that extent but check the Saturday avertisements in the paper.
  • mensamensa Member Posts: 7
    Does your price 16600 include tax, title and lic.? I live in SJ CA. How is the power and how well does your AC work? I heard about the AC not working well on the mazda 3
  • msandalismsandalis Member Posts: 20
    Hey all,

I am interested in a MS6 and the dealer has one demo with 9,000 kms (yep, I am in Canada). It is cloth and the MSRP is $36,000 (the one I actually want - base). What do you think the dicounted price should be? Any special approaches I could take to get the best price.

Thanks,

Michael
  • dd123dd123 Member Posts: 53
    The price does not include TTL.
    The power is OK , handling is good. AC is good for me.
    I came from mazda3s > The ac was bad in mazda3s but good in mazda6i.

my mazda6i has ATX + SAB
  • cschneider3cschneider3 Member Posts: 39
    Hi All,

I just recently purchased an Onyx Black Mazda 6 S Grand Sport with automatic transmission, Satellite Radio, Wheel Locks and a 7 year 70,000 mile warranty for $23,600. This included the 2,500 rebate with 500 off for financing through Mazda Credit.

So far, I'm loving the Mazda 6, it's fast and sporty...plus there are not many Black Grand Sports with Black leather interior in my area. This car is definately 1 of a kind and the price I recieved wasn't shabby either (at least in my opinion).
  • ncgullncgull Member Posts: 13
    Had intended to buy a Mazda3 hatchback, but after getting a Mazda6 as a rental when my Malibu was in the shop (AGAIN), I decided THAT was the car for me. Lawd a mercy could it GO. Handling is sports-car material. May not have all the luxuries of some brands, but it was quite nice for me.

After pricing them on the mazdausa.com site, however, thought I'd never being able to afford one....

So...I went to a local dealership, and test drove the 3's (sedan and hatchback) and they rode rough and felt "tinny" compared to the 6. Still, I asked the sales idiot about getting a hatchback with a sunroof, "We don't have time to locate a car on a busy weekend -- I'll call you Monday or Tuesday", I WALKED OUT. I was SO ANGRY at his attitude, that I went down to the Enterprise lot where I remembered seeing a 2005 6 online. l(My credit union works in tandem with Enterprise and I get some great discounts as a member.) The one I'd seen had JUST been sold, but they couldn't do enough to help me locate the car I wanted. So...I secured a 2005 s, AT, 20k miles, power seats, side airbags, alloy wheels, sunroof, for $17k. Pebble Ash. It's being transferred from another state and will be ready Wednesday.

I also got an incredible extended warranty for three years (as long as I plan to own the car), and believe I'll be very happy. :D
  • cellneuroncellneuron Member Posts: 22
    Got a quote for Mazda 6I + autotran+ side airbag for around $17400 OTD. Is it a good deal?

Thanks
  • ncgullncgull Member Posts: 13
    For a NEW one, YES! Enjoy it! :)
  • cellneuroncellneuron Member Posts: 22
    Does anybody know something about the college student discount? how much is it and what't the terms and conditions?

Thanks
  • cschneider3cschneider3 Member Posts: 39
    I checked into the recent college grad discount and found out that Mazda does not currently offer that program.
  • jazacmomjazacmom Member Posts: 5
    Okay, so I get a quote for an OTD price on a Mazda6 i hatch with automatic for $21,559 (including TTT and fees). They said the invoice is $22,104 minus the $2500 rebate. We had not talked trade at that point.

Today, they call my husband and say that with the trade, the price will be $17990 OTD. He thought it sounded great. I said wait a minute.

Okay, so here is the breakdown with the trade. We owe $12,200 on the trade and they want to give us $14,800, making a $2600 difference. If I add that $2600 onto the NEW PRICE of $17990 I still come up with $21,550 (a difference of $9). Meanwhile, they are now factoring in the trade, which drops the "selling" price making the tax more than half the amount of before...Right? This actually makes them make more money on the deal.

LMK if my thinking is correct, and they are trying to pull a fast one with the number game.
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    If I add that $2600 onto the NEW PRICE of $17990

The payoff doesnt quite work that way....you need to add back in the entire payoff. here is an example assuming a $7500 payoff

selling price 20,000
    trade (10000)
    --------
    cash diff 10,000
    sales tax 600
    fees 200
    payoff 7500

total amount due $18,300

Hope this helps.
  • tsungtsung Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Have a deal for the 2004 Mazda 6 s Hatchback with 16k mileage, 6 speed AT, Bose, Alloy wheels, moonroof, power seat, heated seat,leather interior, ABS, Airbag and in excellent condition. KBB price is around $16k to $18k. The guy asks for $17k. I checked a lot websites for used cars and couldnt find a price like this (most of the used mazda 6 2004 i/s models' prices range from $15k to $18k) Hope someone can give me ideas about how this deal is. Should I take? Thanks!
  • chawposerchawposer Member Posts: 1
    I've been talking with dealerships near to me (SF Bay Area) about leasing a Mazda 6s Sport, with 6sp Auto Transmission and the Bose Audio/Moonroof Package. I am working on a 36 month, 15k mile a year lease, and was quote previously for either ~$360/month for 48 months, or ~$380/month for 36 months, but at 12k a year. Does this seem pretty high/crazy to anyone else?

I plan to use the $3000 in rebates as my down payment /GAP cost reduction / etc. Also, does anyone know what the residual value, and base interest are on Mazda 6's these days? I know I've seen quite a few more Mazda 3's on the roads and off the lots recently, and figuring dealerships would want to try and move the Mazda 6's they might have offered a better price per month that I received.

Thank You for any help and advice. :)
  • mikezoomzoommikezoomzoom Member Posts: 69
    Conventional finance rebates are not always the same offered on lease/balloon scenarios.

The 2006 Mazda6 has a $2,500 factory rebate and a $500 MAC Bonus(only if financed conventionally through Mazda American Credit). This accounts for the $3,000 you speak of.

OR

The 2006 Mazda6 has a $1,500 MAC Lease/AVP rebate and an additional $500 MAC Lease/AVP Bonus(only if you enter into a Special MAC Lease/AVP). This means you only of receive a total of $2,000 for lease/balloon scenarios.

Always ask questions regarding different programs.

ZOOM ZOOM
  • mikekrmikekr Member Posts: 2
    Just thought I'd share my information. Yesterday we bought a new Mazda 6, sedan, s Grand Touring, with navi and a few other minor accessories. The price was $24,831 (before TTL), which is 3,000 below invoice. I took the invoice numbers from Edmunds, and they matched the dealer's invoice to a dollar (he showed it to me).
    The discount comes from $2,000 rebate for consumer, $500 dealer incentive and $500 MAC bonus, if financed through Mazda (you can refinance it if you can get better rate - that's what I'll do). By the way, the rate for me is 8.1%.

The dealership is Faulkner Mazda in Philadelphia. Overall, the experience was very positive. The salesrep was good and clearly knew his stuff. They didn't try to push any rustproofing, paintsealing, striping, or anything like that. I would definitely recommend the place, and especially the sales guy. He was very upfront with everything.

We also checked out Nissan (Altima and Maxima), Subaru (Legacy and Outback), Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Acura (TL and TSX). We wanted 6 cyl and leather, so we were only testing the upper trims. Not surprisingly, Acuras were the most appealing cars in this list. TSX is a bit underpowered, but TL is great. Unfortunately it is also quite expensive.
    I would have bought Subaru Legacy, but my wife wanted something different this time (we already have one Subie).
    And Mazda was the best of the rest overall, in our opinion.

So if you are thinking of buying Mazda 6, the time is now - I think that 3K below invoice is a given, and they probably could potentially go even lower. I now wish I'd started lower.
    But the rebates expire on July 5th.
  • novabuyingnovabuying Member Posts: 2
    Mazda6 i + AT + SAB + incidentals (mirror, compass, wheel locks)

$16,499 + dealership fee $300 + Tax and tags

Financed through them.

Thoughts?
  • guydoguydo Member Posts: 6
    Used this forum a lot, so thought I would add this after my purchase...

Mazda 6i, base trim, plus:

* Automatic gear
    * Convenience package
    * Curtain airbags
    * Wheel locks

MSRP - $22,210
    Got a price that reflects $500 dealer reduction (not taxed) and $2000 rebate (taxed) and Manhattan 8.375% tax = $19,463
    Paid OTD = $19463 + $210 DMV, title = $19,673

Paid cash, so there was no extra profit from lease, finance, etc.
  • ajmtbmajmtbm Member Posts: 245
    4 cylinder i Sport, with Bose and Sunroof, Auto tranny
    $23,600 less $3,000 in rebates = $20,600/ MSRP $24,945

not including Tax, Title, tags, etc.

Other option was an i with the convenience package, $17,600
  • ctchiefctchief Member Posts: 2
    $300 dealer fee? Not a bad deal other than this dealer fee.
  • ctchiefctchief Member Posts: 2
    $15,495 OTD. Dealer tried to trick me with a "Secure Etch Silent Alarm Theft Deterrent System" which actually is, allegedly, the VIN etched into all the windows and a $2500 policy if car is ever stolen and not recovered (30 days). They almost got away with it having me believing I was getting an alarm system. Car would have been $16,090 had I paid for that nonsense.

Anyone else heard of this?

Dealership - Puente Hills Mazda, Industry, Ca.
  • auntieshelleauntieshelle Member Posts: 1
    What would be a good starting point for talking price with a salesperson on a Mazda6 i, 5-Door Sport Model (Manual Tranmission) with the Bose Audio/Moonroof Pkg?

We will be starting our negotiations with our salesperson tomorrow morning intending to get things wrapped up as quickly as possible to take advantage of the rebates and didn't want to start off "too high."

The price I come up with considering invoice and rebates is $19,191, but this seems too high based on what other people on the board have said. Any advice anyone out there could offer would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
    we received a price is $20,600 for the same vehicle, but with automatic. that's $19,700 without the automatic.

i thought the price would be a bit lower too, but we got quotes from 2 dealers in the CT area and that was the best they could do. basically, on a $24,900 MSRP the dealer knocked of about $1,300 and then $3000 in rebates.

on a $25k car, dealer taking off about 5% seems right though.
  • harbourharbour Member Posts: 4
    http://www.donmiller.com/2/pdf/ads/Mazda_Ends_07-21-2006.pdf

this is a dealer ads in madison wisconsin. it is so cheap!!!
    is there anyone knows about if there is a secret incentive?
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    The 6 in that ad is about $400 below invoice after rebate.

There was a special regional incentive, but only for the speed6, mentioned in that forum.
  • saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Hello all, I found one of few leftover 2005 Mazda 6i (4 cylinder) hatchback at the local delaership. The original MSRP is at $26,700 or so with sunroof, 2-tone leather, Bose audio with six CD cahngers and automatic. They are asking $19,700 for the car. Car does not have title, so it is brand new car with about 2300 miles on the odometer.
    It's also a rare royal blue, which I really like.

Personally I think I can do much better. I was thinking about offering $18,500, but would love to hear from everyone here.

Thank you. :shades:
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Look up the wholesale price kbb.com or edmunds used appraiser for a 05 hatch with 2800 miles. I'm guessing its $16000-17000. If this is the case paying $19700 would be uncool as the car will be worth 5000-6000(or worse) less in a year. You could probably work a better deal on an 06 getting competitive bids from 10 or so dealerships. In any event try to hit them at the end of the month and get wholesale + 500-1500 (if you just gotta have it) as it is essentially a used car (as well as yesterdays news 10 months ago) with 2800 mi off the warranty.

Old Demos like this are frequently sucker bait, as they are old already and have a new sticker (never been titled) and they can give some uninitiated clown a mediocre offer on an 06 and knock off another 1500 for the 05 demo and get him/her to bite.

rotsa ruck

-jim

Hello all, I found one of few leftover 2005 Mazda 6i (4 cylinder) hatchback at the local delaership. The original MSRP is at $26,700 or so with sunroof, 2-tone leather, Bose audio with six CD cahngers and automatic. They are asking $19,700 for the car. Car does not have title, so it is brand new car with about 2300 miles on the odometer.
    It's also a rare royal blue, which I really like.

Personally I think I can do much better. I was thinking about offering $18,500, but would love to hear from everyone here.

Thank you.
  • thetrumphetthetrumphet Member Posts: 20
    Hey all,

From CarMax - 2005 Mazda 6

27,000 mileage. AC/power steering/air bags/power windows/power seats/alloy wheels/ABS brakes/AMFM CD system/power locks/power mirrors/cruise control/auto. transmission/color is green. 100% OK by AutoCheck.

no haggle price of $15,998.

Kelly Blue Book said this car is worth 17k+ but thats assuming its in "excellent" condition.
    Is this a V6?

Is the 17K wholesale or the fantasy 3k +wholesale (retail) price nada and KBB publish?

If it wholesales 14K (check nada too) in excellent condition I would pass or get more off.

--jjf
    its a V4, its the base i 4d sedan.

anyways, edmunds/kelley/nada all showed the price to be over 16k and plus, carmax has "no haggle" prices = you cant negotiate.
  • fortyninjasfortyninjas Member Posts: 3
    I live in the Seattle area and after a lotta searching and talking with the dealers the best I can get is 18400 OTD. Any advice? Of anyone in the area get similar or better prices?
    I get a used price for a base 05 6i auto at 13200 on edmunds wholesale outstanding (which means 12800 practically)

Base 06 6i auto sedan (21000 MSRP?) has ads for 5000 -6000 off msrp on motoralley.com. (may have 500 off of that financing with mazda credit)

15000 to 16000 purchase price will have Us eating 2000-3000 depreciation (13000 wholesale in 1st year) which is acceptable this late in 06 on mazda6 base.

May want to try mazda3 as it is lighter and not as underpowered with bigger engine. Have seen numerous ads for 1000-1500 under invoice on mazda3 hatch -- dealers seem willing to make good deals on the hatch.

--jjf
    That would be an I4, not V4. But anyway you can get a new 2006 I4, with automatic and convenience package (which sounds like it would be comparably equipped) for about $16,800 based on invoice minus $3000 in rebates. This assumes you can still find one equipped like this, of course.

Note that the 2006 would have 5 speed ATX, rather than the 4 speed that is in the 2005. The mpg ratings are better on the 2006. I also found the seats to be much more comfortable in the 2006 and it had less engine and road noise.

$16K sounds like far too high a price for the used 2005 to me.
    brand new 06 6i w/ 5 speed sport automatic transmission and side and side curtain airbags, i offered 16k out the door. invoice is 19.4k on the car, minus the 2.5 rebate = 16.9k, and i took another 9k off.

sound good/bad, can i go lower, squeeze more options in there, etc.?
  • lobelobe Member Posts: 10
    I was looking for the basic 2006 Mazda6 S v-6 manual. MSRP is $23,570. I would have loved to get the blue, but no manuals. A couple of automatics in blue, but not interested.

Many places were offering invoice price-$3500. I offered $17671, knowing they would want to add the "dealer service fee" of $129. So essentially $17,800, plus tax, title, license. They accepted it. I went for the glacier silver over the tungsten gray, which were the two cars they had at that price. Black cloth interior. I would have preferred a lighter color interior, but at least in this area, all I was seeing was black interiors.

Invoice is $21,808. Minus the $3,500 is 18,308. So $17,800 is $508 below invoice. I was very satisfied with this price.

I suppose it is possible I could have waited another week, and squeezed one or two hundred more dollars off, or maybe even now if I had pushed harder as they accepted my offer right away without haggling. But I got the car I wanted in a color I liked.

I have to wait a month, and then I can pay off the Mazda Credit loan in its entirety with a lower interest rate loan. The Mazda Credit loan was 8% for 48 months.

I hope this helps as I hadn't seen any recent pricing posted.
    is it just me or are the 07's cheaper than 06?
    i was looking at an 06 sport - cloth, with bose and moonroof package and the prcie was close to 25k
    in 2007, a grand touring, heated seats, etc, is about the same?
    am i missing something?
  • entropy42entropy42 Member Posts: 7
    I'm seeing some really low prices listed here, stuff I would gladly pay for my car, but there don't seem to be deals like that on '06s in my area. Did this 3500 rebate expire?, no dealers have mentioned it to me.

I'm looking for a 5 door 2006 V6 with cloth and the bose system. Preferably red, black, or blue. Anyone seen one at their local dealer?
    Lobe, can you please tell me where you saw 2006 mazda6 V6 automatics in blue? This is the exact car i'm searching for.
  • ejmiller2ejmiller2 Member Posts: 2
    I qualify for a mazda6 at invoice because of the s-plan. If I buy a mazda I get invoice plus all incentives. Unfortunatley if I use this plan I am not allowed to "bargin". Is it possible to get mazda6's below invoice? I am willing to negotiate and don't need my car today.
    Amato Mazda in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I know they had one for sure, and I THINK they had two. 2006's. When I was looking at the Mazda6's, you see rows of cars. I saw the blue and got my hopes up as I walked down the row to the blue one and...let down (for me), an automatic! Awwww.

As I recall, they were the S version with the automatic, and not loaded with any options, so that kept the price down. But I didn't look that close as I focused on manual transmission cars. I haven't been past there since I got my car a week ago.

I don't know what the current rebate amounts are. I did use the mazda credit to get the $1000 off for using it. Interest rate was 8%. I was told I had to wait one month, and then I could pay it off in its entirety if I wanted, which I will do with a home equity loan at a lower rate.
    Are you talking about a 2006 model or 2007?

I can tell you that when I was searching for a 2006 Mazda6, I could have received invoice price minus the $3500 rebates from several Mazda dealerships in Milwaukee and Chicago. Several dealerships had newspaper ads for that.

As I posted, I got mine for $500 below invoice. And that was not with haggling, walking away, fighting, etc. I was asked what price I would pay to buy that day, stated that price, and they said ok. A very cordial transaction (actually all done by e-mail until going in to pay for the car and picking it up. Well, to get the loan to pay for the car and pick it up). I don't know what your experience would be in your part of the country. Or what the experience would be if you are talking about a 2007.

I did suspect that there would be excellent deals on 2007's at some point this year since the 2008 Mazda6 will be substantially different. (I didn't care about that, so since I got a price that I was happy with, I went ahead and bought a 2006 this year).
    Thanks for the information, I'll look into that dealership since I'm not horribly far from Wisconsin. Glad to hear it was relatively easy for you to negotiate with them, as I'll have to do it via email as well. Mazdausa.com only shows $500 MAC cash on 5-door/Sedan. You said it was $1000, am I missing something?
  • ejmiller2ejmiller2 Member Posts: 2
    I am talking about a 2006. Why is it that they will sell below invoice? Isn't invoice what they paid for it? Also I only see 3000 in rebates not 3500, how did you come up with 3500? Thanks.
    I bought a week ago Monday, so that was September 18. At that time, there was $2500 "cash to customer". There was also $1000 "cash to customer" if Mazda Credit was used. I don't know exactly which models that applied to, but it applied to many Mazda6 models, including mine. So I got $3,500 "cash back"--so was instantly taken off on the contract. I don't know why they reduced it from $1000 to $500 for using Mazda credit, or when. On the edmunds website, it still says that $1000 is available until October 2 if using Mazda Credit. But maybe that needs to be updated.

I don't believe invoice is what the dealer pays when all is said and done, as there is a "holdback" that they get. I thought I read that it was 3% for Mazdas, but I can't say for sure. So I don't know what the dealer's actual cost is.

This has been a highly unusual month for me. I had not bought a NEW car since 1995. Since then, I had bought cars that were a couple of years old, and lower mileage. But I had been watching for over a year, and 2006 Honda Pilots were "on sale" recently. They had a $3000 "rebate" PLUS 2.9% financing. I found a model I wanted, and on labor day I went to a dealer and drove it. My wife liked it. Invoice was $25,300 after the $3000 off. I offered $25,000 and all I said was if they would sell it to me at that price, I would end my search and get it today, and if they couldn't, no problem, but I would head down to Chicago right then to see what I could do there. The salesman went to talk to the sales manager, came out literally 2 minutes later and said that was fine. Again, no haggling. No back and forth. No arguing.

I am no "super negotiator". But I got a new 2006 Pilot for $300 under invoice plus 2.9% financing. I got the Mazda6 for $500 under invoice. Why would they do it? I don't know the car business well enough to answer that. There are others that post around here that probably can. All I can say is that I am not exaggerating numbers to say, "Hey, look at the deal I got! I'm awesome!" I haven't bought a new car in over a decade. But these are the actual, exact experiences I had this month.
    I think the Mazda credit rebate was/is $1000 on s models and $500 on i models.
    Thanks again Lobe and Jeffyscott. You guys have been very helpful. I'll call a dealer tmrw and ask about the mazda credit thing. I find most times when i call them, I seem to know more about their pricing than they do. Maybe they are just trying to play dumb to sucker me, who knows.
  • mazdamotoringmazdamotoring Member Posts: 18
    I'm in the Central Ohio area and also shopping for a 2006 Mazda6 (s model - V6). My dealer offered $2500 in rebates below invoice, plus another $1000.00 if I finance through MAC. He will also throw in leather interior and heated seats (outsourced to a local shop they work with). It's very tempting, but for 2007, I see Mazda has lowered the price and added features. One example (all other features being equal):

2006 Mazda6s $23,570 MSRP
    AM/FM CD
    4yr/50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty

2007 Mazda6s Sport VE $22,685 ($885 difference)
    AM/FM in-dash 6 disc CD Changer
    Side Sill Extentions
    Dual Oval Exhaust Tip
    Smoke-tint Headlight Lenses
    Body Colored Grill
    3yr/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty

It's really a tough choice to either jump now or wait until this time next year when the 2007 incentives are available. :(

Good luck to those making an upcoming purchase, and congrats to those who ended the agonizing and made the leap! The Mazda6 is a great car! :)
    I did notice, also, that the pricing had changed on the 2007's, and seemed significantly lower for the same level. About $1000, it seemed like to me for the example you cited, which was the car I was looking at. Other comparative models seemed to have a little different amount of change. A little change in the length of the warranty, too.

So I agonized as well. The 2007's are already about $1000 less. But maybe the incentives at the end of the year wouldn't be as much, and so maybe the total purchase price would be about the same. But maybe the incentives would have to be as large to move the 2007's since the 2008's will be a lot different. Lots of factors, and couldn't be sure.

That is why I told them I wouldn't buy at invoice. If they wouldn't have gone $500 below invoice, I told them I would just take my chances then and wait until the end of the 2007 model year.

At the end of it, I got a new 2006 Mazda6 S 6-cylinder for $17,800. If you consider what you get for that level of car, and compare it to the other cars available, and the cost of 1-2 year old used cars, and the average price of a new car sold in the U.S. today, I decided that is was a very nice deal and went for it.