Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Is there going to be one? Seems like EVERY Mazda dealer has several 06 speed6 cars sitting on the lot waiting for a buyer - and they are not moving well even with $3,500 in rebates and MAC money. I am tempted just becuase of the nice price, but would like to know the pricing and features of the 2007 speed6 - if there is to be one.

I noticed the speed3 has "Rain sensitive wipers" while the speed6 does not. That could be one nice thing they could change for 07 - and who knows what else?

Thanks,
    Dennis
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Member Posts: 1,230
    There will be a '07 MS6. The only changes I'm aware of are just the deletion of the Pearl White color and the white-on-black leather option, among other small details.

Some dealers won't even acknowledge that there's an '07 model just yet, figuring it's a great way to get rid of their '06 models first. But yes, there's an '07, and it will be (temporarily) dropped when the redesigned 6 debuts in '08.
    Thanks for the info.

If it were not for that "FWD thing" I might just get a speed3. About the same HP and torque and is a 600lb (about) lighter car with tire pressure sensors and the rain sensing wipers. Stickers for less, but may sell for MORE than you would have to pay for a speed6 :confuse:

You would think if they make speed3 so similar (and in some ways better) than the speed6 then they would improve the speed6 to keep it ahead - and maybe help sell more of them.

Dennis
  • mwashmwash Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted $23,600 (after rebate and before T/T/L) for a 2007 M6 Grand Touring Sport Wagon, which seems like a pretty good price. Basically, it has all options except nav. What's the likelihood that I could get this price again in the next 3-8 month timeframe? I'm guessing that the $2500 rebate won't come around again until this time in 2007. Also, any opinions as to why the warranty length was reduced from the 2006 to 2007 model? Thanks in advance.
    You meant to say you got that quote on a 2006 car, right? The $2,500 rebate is on left over 2006 cars - not on the new 07 models.

There are few option on the GTSW that amount to much other than the NAV system. Does it have remote start, auto dim mirror, etc? Those are all small change items in any case.

Invoice on the car is $25,627 with nothing else, less the $2,500 rebate = $23,127. So with no options your quote is $473 over invoice. Does this include the dealer prep or doc fee? If so, then that is not too bad - if the are going to tack one on top of that price then I would ask for a better price (closer to invoice).

The rebate runs out on Monday and may be dropped, renewed, or even increased. It appears there is an additional MAC finance rebate of $1,000 on top of the $2,500? I would probably get MAC financing and take the $1k more off, then if you don't get a nice rate just refinance the car through your bank or credit union after you get the car. As long as there is no early pay off penalty in the MAC contract this should be easy to do and save you more money.

This now a "dutch auction" situation. There are xx cars available equipped like you want in the colors you like. If you hang on, the dealer will get a little more desperate to sell and Mazda may increase the rebates - but other shoppers are saying "heck, with $3,500 in rebates and car near invoice I think I will take one". So your gamble is will they still have any cars when/if the rebates get larger. $3,500 total is a lot of money, I would guess that it would not go much more - maybe $3k with no MAC tie in or something. But if they don't sell with the current deal, it will either be sweeten it or sit on the cars.

And yes, if the dealers order too many 07 cars and they too don't sell then Mazda and MAC will likely have more rebates this time next year. They may not have has many loaded up or top in (like the one you are looking at) next year to sell since the pricier ones would tend to sell slower - I guess.

The warranty changed from 48/50k bumper to bumper to 36/36k bumper to bumper + 60/60k powertrain. So 10 more months and 10k more miles powertrain but less full car coverage. My guess would be to make the warranty more in line with what other car makers are doing. Folks that think they will stay in the car longer will appreciate the longer powertrain and those that trade cars a lot will not care one way or the other.

If this is the car you like, I don't think it will get much better so you might want to hammer the price down a little more then go ahead and get it while you can. Check out the MAC money to save another $1k as well.

The changes from 06 to 07 are supposed to be:

Enhancements to the 2007 MAZDA 6 include:

Auto dimming inner mirror and Homelink standard on Grand Touring
    New trim grade structure
    Added standard content that includes Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Traction Control and Side Air Bags with Side Curtains on all models and trims
    Two new exterior colors – Smokestone (sedan and wagon only) and Violet Gray

But I think the 06 GTSW has ABS, TCS, and SAB/SAC - right? The mirror can be added for a couple hundred bucks by the dealer.

Dennis
  • mwashmwash Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Dennis.

According to the "inventory search" on the MazdaUSA site, this is a 2007. Also, the VIN is for a 2007 car and the printed "window sticker" also says it's a 2007 but I haven't seen the car in person yet to confirm that. I'm assuming that the dealer rep knows what models he has in stock so I was surprised that the rebate apparently applied to a 2007 (this is the only 2007 M6SW they have versus 4 2006s).

I'm trying to avoid haggling in person as much as possible so I've only been emailing so far. The emailed quote said that it includes everything except "governmental fees" so I'm assuming/hoping that it covers all dealer fees. I'll confirm that by email or when I go in to see the vehicle. Interestingly, the dealer rep said that the rebate is nullified if I choose to finance via Mazda since I had read that the rebate and financing discounts could be "stacked".

I misquoted in my original post and the quote price was $23,800 instead of $23,600. It still seems like a lot of car for the money. If the gas mileage was a little bit higher I'd be a little less hesitant about going forward.
    If the MazdaUSA search shows the VIN and it is an 07 VIN then it should be an 07 car. Neither the MazdaUSA web page nor Edmunds incentives nor any other page I could find shows ANY rebate on an 07 mazda6. Who told you that this applied to this car? The salesman? I bet when it all shakes out if you tried to buy this car you would find there is no rebate on it.

I heard a tale of someone who was sold a car, signed the rebate forms (assigning them to the dealer) only to have the dealer call them back in a few days asking for more money - seems the rebate was not on the car they purchased so they were being asked to make up the difference in cash.

They have the heavy incentive on the 06 cars to move them out - now that 07s are arriving or are on the lot. I can think of NO reason for them to put the same big rebate on the 07 when they have 06 cars sitting unsold.

Double check with the dealer or better still call MazdaUSA - I don't think this 07 car you are looking at has a rebate on it now - and may not until a LONG time off.

Dennis
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    Just out of curiosity, do you know how that case worked out where the dealer made a mistake in applying rebate?
    IIRC he took the car back and unwound the deal - with the dealer protesting the whole time. In any case, it was a big mess. It was a deal like this, the rebate applied to a different model year car than was purchased so the car company told the dealer "sorry" when they tried to get it. At lease the buyer was not planning on having the money sent to him, then he would have been stuck with the car.

On the "assign rebate to dealer" form there may or may not be some wording to cover this so what happens if it is not honored may be subject to what that says. In this case, the dealer told the buyer that he qualified for the rebate had him sign the form assigning it to the dealer and deducted that from the price of the car. I think it would be different if you claim to be a recent college grad (for example) and then they later found out you were not and withheld the rebate for that. The dealer should have known what was valid and what was not.

For all I know there is some secret rebate on 07 Mazdas that is not listed anywhere - but I seriously doubt it. This is September, soon to be October, of the new model year. Way too early to panic and stick money on a new model. For sure a dumb move to offer the same or similar money as they have on the left over 06 cars.

Dennis
  • mazdamotoringmazdamotoring Member Posts: 18
    Lobe,

Our thinking was the same with regards to comparing the pros and cons of the 2006 to 2007 models. In the end, I thought the 2006 model was the way to go, and so bought one today. Silver, Mazda6s, V6, 5-speed. It's the only V6 5-speed in central Ohio, and it's exactly as I wanted. My dealer sold it at invoice, minus $3500.00 rebate ($1000.00 of that was because I financed through MAC). It has cloth seats, but I take it in later this week to have two-tone leather and heated front seats added at no cost. The 2006 Mazda6 has got to be one of the best deals going right now. :)
    Congrats on the new car!

How good (or bad) was the MAC rate? What folks were doing last year on RX-8s was taking the MAC money and then re-financing right off with their bank or credit union. At that time the MAC rates were not very competitive....

Dennis
    Dennis,

Thanks. The MAC rate was terrible - 7.99%. Yeah, I'm going to refinance in a few months.

Bob
    One more question - any wording in the MAC contract to prevent you from doing the refi right away? Last year some folks were told they have to keep it under MAC for 3-4 months, others paid it off with the first payment (with no blow back from MAC about it).

Thanks,
    Dennis
  • mcdermott2mcdermott2 Member Posts: 68
    Sounds like the car I am looking for. What was the final out the door price if you do not mind me asking. Thanks
  • entropy42entropy42 Member Posts: 7
    That seems like a great deal. What part of the country was that? Any idea what the "value" of those seats is?
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    You can pay it off anytime...but if you do so within 3 months the dealer is charged back..the loan police won't show up at your house but you won't have any friends left at the dealership.

I don't know about your dealer..but we will re-fi any qualified customer thru one of our banks or credit unions at no charge.
    Audia8q,

Thanks for clearing that up -- that's exactly what I thought, but wasn't sure. What if I make my first monthly payment plus two up-front payments to MAC in, say, the first month, then refinance? Does that keep my friends at the dealership? Or is there something necessary about waiting three months?

The selling price for the 6 was $18508.00, before taxes and fees, and not including my trade-in. Basically, the selling price. My dealership treated me really well, probably becuase I had just bought a 2006 MPV for my wife 13 days before buying the 6. :) I was definitely his best customer of the month.

Let me tell you, driving this car, I can tell you it was a steal.
  • lobelobe Member Posts: 10
    Hi Bob,

From me also, congratulations on the new car!

Yes, I agree that what level car you get for the price right now, it falls into the "steal" category. The way I define it, it you get a good price it is a "deal". If you get a great price, it is a "steal".

I just got the absolutely plain "S" version, manual v-6. As I recall, the invoice on it was $18,308 after the $3,500 off. I offered $17,800 and they accepted. Then it was just tax, title, and license on top of that. No other fees. So $508 below invoice.

I don't know the value of the leather seats, but I would imagine it would come in at more than $508, so you got an exceptional deal also.

I am fine with the cloth seats, but would prefer the leather.

The finance guy said that I could pay off the Mazda credit loan after one month (essentially the time it takes to have the first payment come due), with no effect on the $1000. I think I will contact the dealer, though, and see if he indeed has to eat the $1000 if I pay it off before 3 months. Because if Mazda would do that to him, seriously, I will just wait the 3 or 4 months or whatever. It won't cost me THAT much, and goodness, let the guy make a little money. Yes, my Mazda loan was 8% as well.

I haven't heard. Did Mazda extend the deals on the remaining 2006 Mazda6's?

I have only driven it about 400 miles so far. I really like it. I got 24.6 miles per gallon with 330 of the miles being city driving, so I am very pleased with that. I haven't been putting the foot into it, though.
    Lobe,

Sounds like we both got good deals. Our cars are identical -- well, until later today, when the leather and heated seats will be installed on my ride :D I think they sell the leather package for $1200,00 - don't know their cost though.

Yeah, I don't want that $1000.00 to come back to them either. But the lowest interest rate I can refinance at is through my Credit Union, and the catch 22 is that, after 90 days, the car will no longer be considered new, and so I will get their used car rate, which isn't as good. So I'm hoping that making up-front payments to MAC will satisfy them and prevent the charge-back.

24.6 - that's excellent! Hope to see the same, I've also been babying it. It's enough to know the power is there when I need it. :D
    The new incentives have not been posted on the Mazda web page yet - they still have the ones that ran out on Monday.

I agree that you don't want to hose the dealer, but as you said a "refinance" rate can be a lot higher than the new car rate and if you can get the new rate now then it would save you a lot of money. It seems like MAC brings this on themselves, if they would offer a fairly competitive rate to folks with good credit (the ones that will refinance when they get a bad rate) then folks would not do this. I can understand a high rate for weak credit, but when you qualify for a prime rate and they give you the bad rate - not much choice but to re-do the loan (after taking their money).

Dennis
    I said refinance, but really I have a home equity loan line of credit that I can put it on (and will). So the new vs. used loan rate issue doesn't apply in my case, and I never thought about that aspect.
    The previous months rebates have been extended through at least Nov 2nd. Its not listed on mazdausa, but the dealers I've talked to said they got the new rebates and they are the same.
  • zoomzoom4zoomzoom4 Member Posts: 2
    I was looking at the Mazda site where they list the incentives for the Mazda 6 sports sedan. I am confused by the wording as it states that the $219 a month leasing incentive is not good on the Sport, Grand Touring and Grand SPort models. What is the Grand Sport model and does this mean it applies only to the basic i Sport sedan and not to the VE Sport, or Grand Touring model and in that case does it apply to the regular Touring model?
    It still is not listed and very well may be the same. It is likely they will end on 10/31. The old ones ended 10/02 becuase they never want these things to end/change on a weekend (prime car selling time) so they wrap them around to Monday.

I would say on the 06 models the amounts may go up at some point or they will remove the tie in to MAC financing. Usually after that they remove the rebates give the dealers $xxxx per car as a final buy down and then it is up to the dealers to get rid of the old cars. Usually about this time, the car search on the MUSA web page quits letting you search for 06 cars and will not show anything in any dealer inventory except 07 cars :D

Dennis
    The $219 deal is just a special, pre-configured lease price based on $xxxx out of pocket from you and assuming you sign over the $2,000 rebate to the dealer (and they discount the car to the proper price). It is just a starting point and often you can negotiate a better deal - same payment with less out of pocket or lower payment - but negotiating the price of the car down.

The dealer and MAC can lease you any other mazda6 model. It may or may not be as good a deal as the special, you have to just look at the numbers and see.

So all the deal tells you is at a participating dealer you can walk in with a certain amount of money and drive out with a certain payment (plus TTL). Of course the other models are not included in this deal, since if they offered a GT for the same price as an i everyone would pick the GT :D

At the bottom of the specials page are the rebates with footnotes

2006 MAZDA6 Sports Sedan and 5-Door Up to $3,000 Customer Cash

2006 MAZDA6 Sport Wagon Up to $3,500 Customer Cash (1)(3)

1) Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by October 2, 2006. See dealer for complete details.
    (2) Includes manufacturer's customer cash plus $500 MAC bonus cash to qualified buyers when financed through Mazda American Credit. Manufacturer's customer cash of $2,500 on all '06 MAZDA6 Sports Sedan and 5-Door; $2,000 on all '06 MPV; $3,000 on all '06 Tribute; $1,750 on all '06 B-Series.
    (3) Includes manufacturer's customer cash of $2,500 plus $1,000 MAC bonus cash to qualified buyers when financed through Mazda American Credit.

So you can get a rebate on any 06 mazda6 the amount varies with model and if you finance with MAC.

Dennis
  • zoomzoom4zoomzoom4 Member Posts: 2
    How easy will it be to try to drive the dealer down to invoice for the price of a Mazda6 2006 at this time of the year? I assume I get a better deal by financing from my bank then through the MAC, but the rebates appear to end at october 2nd, will there be more incentives to come? My goal is to buy the Mazda 6 Sport (preferably the i touring or grand touring with monthly payments of $200-230 for overall invoice cost of the car. I would put $6000 down.
    If they have a car you want it should be fairly easy to get invoice less all the rebates. Use the search feature on the MUSA web page to find the car like you want and then see if they have a web page. You want the "internet sales manager" or some such to deal with. Also check their online or printer specials, they can be a good indicator of their pricing.

Mazda has update the rebate info on their web page (and as I predicted) it runs through 10/31.

(1) Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by October 31, 2006. See dealer for complete details.
    (2) Includes manufacturer's customer cash plus $1,000 MAC bonus cash to qualified buyers when financed through Mazda American Credit. Manufacturer's customer cash of $2,500 on all '06 MAZDA6 Sports Sedan, 5-Door and Sport Wagon; $2,500 on all '06 MAZDASPEED6; $1,500 on all '06 RX-8; $3,500 on all '06 MPV; $3,000 on all '06 Tribute; $1,750 on all '06 B-Series.

It is now $2,500 on all mazda6 models plus $1,000 for MAC financing for a total of $3,500.

Are you talking about a sedan? The invoice for an 06 sedan grand touring is $23,372 then less the $3,500 = $19,872 plus dealer fee, tax, title, and tag. Say the dealer fee brings it to $20,100 without TTL, the MAC rate may be 8% for 60 months or higher. You pay $6k down so you would borrow $14,100. At 8% this would be $285.90 a month and this does not count your taxes and stuff. Even at a primo interest rate like 6.35% this would be $274.89 per month. So I can tell you with taxes and stuff it is not going to happen.

If you settled on the i sport w/auto the invoice is $21,486 - $3,500 = $17,986 + dealer fee and TTL less your $6,000 down. Again without taxes this would put your payment at 8%/60 months at $247 so with taxes a bit more.

So, you either need to settle for less car (the base 6 or maybe a mazda3), pay more down, or pay more per month, or perhaps a lease. If you do a lease, then avoid putting ANY money down at all - it makes no sense to do so.

Dennis
    The mazda site is also showing $1000 rebate on the 2007 models.
    I read this site a lot and just finally bought my 6, so I figured I'd contribute that I just bought an '05 Mazda6 S Grand Touring automatic with 12k miles for $17.4k + tax in Central Ohio. I'm not sure which options packages it has, but it has bose, leather and no spoiler.
    Congrats! That appaers to be an excellent price on a car that's just broken in :) What dealership in Central Ohio? I bought from Mazda Direct and had a great experience with them.
    Must be a regional thing, for my ZIP code the only rebate money on any 07 model is $1,000 of the 07 b-series truck - nothing on any other 07 model. Just re-checked it - as everyone car shopping should do with their own ZIP code.

Dennis
  • sallentuchsallentuch Member Posts: 3
    I'm trying to figure out the money factor and residual value but for the Mazdaspeed 6 Sport. I'm looking for a 36 or 48 month lease with 10,500 miles (lowest available)(I have a short commute). The dealer is quoting me about 350 with 1500 down. Any thoughts, info or prices paid would be really helpful.

Thanks for your help,

Simon
  • heel2toeheel2toe Member Posts: 149
    According to Edmunds, the 2007 Mazda6 models have a $1000 manufacturer to dealer incentive, whereas the 2006 models have customer cash.
    The factory sponsored "Deal" is for a 24 month/24k lease:

2006 MAZDASPEED6 Sport $269/Month, 24-Month Lease, $2,544 due at Lease Signing after $3,500 cash back. Includes 1st Month's Payment and Security Deposit. Excludes taxes, title and fees. ** * The Amount due at Lease Signing is higher in the following states: Arkansas ($2,888); Kentucky ($2,991); Louisiana ($3,094); and Missouri ($3,215). ** Dealer participation required. Not all lessees will qualify for lowest payment through Mazda American Credit. Some payments higher, some lower based on residency and other factors. Lessee responsible for excess wear and mileage over 24,000 at $0.15/mile. Total payments of $6,456. Purchase option at lease end for $17,193. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 10/31/06. See participating dealer for qualifications. Includes $500 MAC lease cash.

Step 1 is to negotiate the price of the car. You should be paying around invoice for the car (it is a left over 06) or a little less, then take off the $2,500 rebate everyone gets. Then if you do MAC financing you get another $1,000 off and then $500 more off if you do the lease. So you are looking at invoice - $4,000 or a little less if you do a captive (MAC) lease or $2,500 under if you do not.

Step 2 would be to decide on a term, if leasing - I would be tempted to do the 24 month "special" lease to try out the car. At lease end, you can buy it for $17k or just turn it in and get something new. Otherwise I would go for the 36 month lease. 48 months is a LONG time and it can be very difficult and expensive to get out of a lease should you decide you want something else.

Invoice on the speed6 sport is $26,393 so $23,893 w/o MAC, $22,893 with MAC financing, and $22,393 with a MAC lease.

Step 3 would be to get a firm lease quote based on your negotiated price and selected term. Check the residual to see how "real world" it is and see what money factor you are offered. You are not limited to what the dealer offers you, either. You can go through a lease broker like LeaseCompare and they will buy your new car at the price you negotiated and then lease it to you. On a left over 06 model that is a slow seller, captive lease banks like MAC will likely be cheaper - but you should still get a quote so you can know how good or bad the dealer's offer is. At the link for LeaseCompare you can get an instant and free online quote. Based on a 730 score, $28,555 sticker and $23,893 purchase price on 06 speed6 comes up $400/mo for 36 months or $390/mo for 39 months with residuals just under $14k.

If the dealer does not disclose the money factor (it normally never appears in a lease contract anyway) if you post the rest of the numbers we should be able to solve for it.

Keep in mind on the lease special (or any other lease) the amount you put down is up to you and just changes the monthly cost. Also some or all of the $2,544 due at signing on the MUSA lease special can be made up in discounts from the dealer. So you might be able to do a lease that cheap for nearly nothing out of pocket. MUSA does not show the new cap cost on their lease deals which makes that something we can't figure.

Dennis
  • kala8eekala8ee Member Posts: 8
    I just bought a 2007 Mazda 6i 5-door sports value edition with cargo net and wheel locks for $18388 + dealer fee and TTL. Does that sound like a reasonable price paid?
    Automatic or manual? How much was the "dealer fee"? Is there a rebate or cash to dealer in your area? (2007 has $1000 rebate in my area, others have said there is $1000 cash to dealer, and some have said that there is neither)

But, why ask...when it is too late to do anything about it ;) :confuse:
    It was automatic, and OTD price was $21K.

"But, why ask...when it is too late to do anything about it"
    I'm just curious.
    *edit: $21K - $1000 rebate applied as down payment.
    Well it still is not real clear what you really paid, since you did not quantify the "dealer fee"... but according to edmunds invoice on automatic hatchback SVE is 20,327 minus $1000 would be $19,327.

Unless there were some outlandish fees added on or there are some hidden incentives, hard to believe they would sell for $1000 less than this.
  • rickypaulrickypaul Member Posts: 24
    Bought an 06s leftover demo with 5k on it. Bought it for 500 under invoice plus the 3500 rebates. Price was $18935. Feel like I got a great deal. I love the car. The dealer I bought from is fantastic. My wife has an MPV and this dealer has always given us great service. Part of the reason I chose the 6. They have a great service department. They also gave me $7300 for my trade. Two other dealers told me $5500 was most they could do.

Bought at Faulkner Mazda, Northeast Philadelphia.
    Congrats rickypaul! Isn't it surprising how some dealers can be so much better than others? My wife and I got our MPV and Mazda6s from the same dealer, and in each case they gave us a great deal on the purchase price and trade-in; significantly more than other dealers. It definitely pays to shop around.
  • bigjohngobigjohngo Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 2006 Mazda6i 4cly 5M today, which is probably the last 4cly one of our local dealer. The paying price is $14990+tax after all the incentives. It seems to be the lowest price I have ever seen here, but considering this is a very base model and 4 cyl I think the price is reasonable. The car has 71 miles on it, so I guess some ppl might have test driven it before.

so far the shift feels ok to me, I saw someone here mentioned a clutch burn out after 45k miles in his Mazda6, which suprised me a lot. usually a clutch should be able to work for at least 100k miles. anyway, good luck to my mazda6. zoom~zoom~
  • abraindrainerabraindrainer Member Posts: 312
    Do not waste your time on Grecco Mazda... unless you like being treated as an idiot!
  • kubus_gtkubus_gt Member Posts: 31
    By base I mean the Sports Sedan. I wanted to get the VE, but wife wanted the color and that was the only one in it. Come to think of it, down the road replacing 17" tires would be more then 16" anyway.
    The price, quoted over the internet, was $17,400 and some change + TTL (6% and about $120 in fees), MSRP was $20,395. Included in the price were $1000 cash back and $1000 bonus cash if financed through Mazda Credit which we did. The $995 off the MSRP came from special dealer pricing, which pretty much meant invoice - incentives. Buying experience was excellent, and that's the first time I say that, although we didn't get offered a coffee or a drink, shame ;) Bought it from Hamilton Mazda in Irwin, PA. I threw them a curve ball to make the deal. My wife's old car needed a detail job, so when the infamous "what would it take to...." qustion came, I said, full detail on that Alero will do it. Just picked it up this morning and it looks brand new. As far as the 6 goes, I am yet to drive it (it's 5 days already), but I do like it as a passanger. Wife doesn't like it, she misses her lemon Alero... she will come around once she can zoom zoom, after break in period is over.
    I just wanted to mention, that I got another internet quote from local dealer and it was 19,300 and included $2000K cash back, but did not include TTL.

Last thing, more of a warning:
    I though I did my research, but apparently I didn't consider insurance to be a factor. My agent gave me a little shocker the next day, when it turns out that 6 is high on insurance. The Alero is a 13, and the 6 is 18, which translates to $350 more a year for full coverage. I guess the zoom zoom doesn't help in this case, nor the Sport Sedan in the name. Makes me think, if that 5 star rating and all the safty gear that 6 has really mean anything to the insurance companies.
  • cschneider3cschneider3 Member Posts: 39
    I was a little shocked when I got my insurance quote for my Grand Sport V6 Mazda6 as well. I found out from my insurance agent that the reason for the spike in the rates was because there are so many more airbags on the Mazda6 compared to my other vehicle (a Chevy Equinox). More airbags = higher rates because more airbags to replace (if they deploy) if you get in an accident.
  • abraindrainerabraindrainer Member Posts: 312
    You numbers do not jive with reality!

'06 Speed6 Sports have been selling between 7-8.5k off MSRP for months! I have also seen '06 Mazda6 about $8k off too. Invoice less incentives is only a starting point for dealers at this stage of the game.
  • lilengineerboylilengineerboy Member Posts: 4,116
    '06 Speed6 Sports have been selling between 7-8.5k off MSRP for months! I have also seen '06 Mazda6 about $8k off too. Invoice less incentives is only a starting point for dealers at this stage of the game.

Check post dates before engaging fingers.
  • saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Hello all,

I have a final offer of $17,500 (roughly $7,000 off the sticker) for a 2006 6s. This is a auto in silver with grey cloth interior, also with no options. Price is including destination, but no taxes and fees. It is including the $1,000 MAC Cash. I think I could push them for another $500-what are your thoughts?
    In September I bought a 2006 6S version with the manual transmission, cloth interior, and no options. I paid 17,800 with destination and fees, and not tax. That was 3,500 in incentives at the time, plus was $500 below invoice. I am guesstimating that the automatic would add about $800 to $900 to the invoice. So that would have been $18,600. Say that included about $200 for fees. So $18,400. And you are at $17,500. So I would think that is a very excellent price. But seeing what time of year it is, I wouldn't be bashful for going for another $500. And here is what I would tell them: "OK, if you don't want to go for that price, then I will just wait until August or September of this year and come back and see you. Because the 2008 Mazda6 is going to be dramatically different. So whatever 2007's are left, Mazda will have to do huge incentives again to get rid of the 'out-of-date' models. And you will have to be dealing, too, to move them. So I'll see you in a few months and we can talk these same prices again at that time. I'll be in touch."

The 2008 is supposed to have the new Ford/Mazda 3.5liter V-6 engine. And it is supposed to be roomier in the back seat. And the styling has changed--substantially as I recall.

I used that same logic last September regarding the 2006 I got, and I didn't have to haggle or argue. I just named the price and told them to tell me yes or no, and if no, I'll see you in fall of 2007.

Let us know what happens. Honestly, either way, in my opinion you are getting a lot of car for that price. But, hey, $500 is $500.
  • saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Thanks for your input. We did buy the 2006 Mazda 6S automatic this Monday. And I actually did about $1,375 better than $17,500 that the dealer had quoted. It is a base White 6S sedan with black cloth interior. It also had a six speed auto, wheel locks, and sports grill added for $24,600 (including destination). The dealer gave me $2,750 in rebates and $4,250 in discounts. Then by going with Mazda American Credit, they were able to take additional $1,000 off! ;) I know, MAC finance rate is rather high at 9%, but I will refinance with local credit union in three months for 6% or so. All in all, the purchase price was $16,225-almost $8,375 off original MSRP! This is absolutely the best deal that I ever had on any vehicle! A V-6 midsize import nicely equipped for a price of Toyota Corolla LE! Mazda has really done a great packaging on this car-curtain airbags, Traction control & ABS, and a smooth V6 are all standard! Love the punchy V6 and way it hugs the road. On another matter, we did ask the dealer for a free window tint, and they refused rather politely-explaining that they are barely making anything on the car. ;) Anyways, I appreciate everyone's input, and look forward to talking with you guys again in about 15,000 miles.