Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    I put the msrp of 21000 in and 16000 to clarify. A more expensive car would obviously go for more. Sorry I missed the S and the example was for the lower model.

--jjf

Yeah that's the MSRP of an i.. The MSRP on the car I purchased for 18,300 was 24,300 or so..
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    At least in the Chicago area. I assume this is nationwide. I see the car dealers have lowered their advertised low prices about $5-600 in response to Mazda offering an additional $1250 in rebate. Example: High volume dealers(if you can call any Mazda dealer high volume) are at around $15999 I4 SVE which is about $5245 off MSRP. Anybody got any deals to report?
  • lfbmdpclfbmdpc Member Posts: 2
    Car as described (2008 silver/black value edition/AT with no other options) was $18000 + tax/tags including the usual $250 regional ad fee (which all local dealers are charging here per other email offers I received). This reflects the $2250 rebate just announced by mazda. Dealt with Rohrich Mazada in Pittsburgh PA, internet sales manager was very prompt in getting back to me and easy to deal with. Got reasonable $ on trade (a 2001 audi S4 quattro wagon/AT/60K/ I'd rate between "clean" & "average" = $11,250 from dealer). All in all probably not the deal of the century but a reasonable buying experience.
  • ccd1ccd1 Member Posts: 140
    I paid a little over $23k for a Grand Touring s (no nav) hatchback. The MSRP is over $28k. The cash incentive for the HB is $2750 in my area.
  • dizbmikunidizbmikuni Member Posts: 5
    I just got a Mazda6 5dr hatchback automatic in dark gray. The price figured out to be $17,900 OTD, after taxes and fees. I forget what the price was before all that, but california sales tax is 8.25 and dmv/dealer fees were about $230~.
    Area and dealer please. Was the 23K OTD or the sales price?
  • matty3imatty3i Member Posts: 4
    Anyone got a recent deal to report??? I am interested in this and have been looking for some reportable numbers as of late.

The new 6 is coming out late August so was hoping there will be some further discounting on the current models.

Thanks
    I don't know about your area but Mazda dealers near me have very few 6's left. They must have really been scared to order many due to the new model coming out and the discounts have been pretty good the last few months which moved most of them. It would be nice to hear about any recent deals.
    Been getting quotes on the 21200 msrp mazda6i sport value edition 4 cyl for about 16400 with all dealer fees (not tax and title) all day. Around 5k off is about an average deal. Probably a bit more off for the pricier models.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    I wonder what will happen to sales in August when the cheapest 09 model on the lot will be 5K more in real terms. :(
    August-October will probably be fine as there is always that big splash and with the looks of the new 6 it will probably generate a fair amount of the gotta-have-the- newest-and-greatest crowd. Come December-January(cold weather, holidays) time frame is when I think things will become interesting.
  • pobaobaopobaobao Member Posts: 4
    dealer offer me 17680 drive out price.Is this a decent a offer. I am in TX.
    Give a breakdown of the car and the offer and maybe somebody could reply intelligently. With what you've given it would be impossible.
    my bad, i didn't make it clearly. it is m6 i sport ve. how about this price. thanks!
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    Automatic or manual? Does "drive out price" mean it includes TTL, if so how much are these for you? It is much easier to compare sales price of car excluding taxes, etc. which will vary by state and even within a single state (but including any dealer added fees).

(Edmunds should probably add a note of advice on how to report selling prices to all these "prices paid" forums, along the lines of note that they have on the "real world trade in values" forum.)
    my bad, i didn't make it clearly. it is m6 i sport ve. how about this price. thanks!

If it is the auto i ve msrp 21200 about 16200 + tax title is about an average deal. 3.9% for 36 months would sweeten it if you can't get that financing yourself.

Good luck
    --jjf
    yes, it is include TTL. Thanks.
    To: jfritsch

Thanks for your useful info.
  • brandj5brandj5 Member Posts: 7
    Can anyone report what they're seeing for leases on this model? I assume that the current rebate doesn't apply if you try to lease.

I also posted in the lease thread, but there hasn't been much activity there of late.

I'm looking for the money factor and residual % on this one with an MSRP of ~$21500. 24 & 36 month leases, 12K miles per year.

But I'm really interested to hear of any recent leasing experiences as well.

Thanks!
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    I hate to break it to you, but, you can no longer lease the 2008 Mazda6. However, you do have 0% financing for 60 months!
  • gussguss Member Posts: 1,167
    Is the reason you can no longer lease the '08's because the '09's are being built now ?

I was thinking of buying an '08 but the dealer stock is very thin. Have dealers received all the '08's that they are going to get?
    Yes, the fact that the 09's are on the way is why they are not leasing the 08's anymore.

Dealers stopped receiving shipments of 08 Mazda6's quite a long time ago. Production stopped back in March-April. Since April, the Flat Rock plant where the Mazda6 is built under went a huge over haul. Not only did they retool the plant to build the 09's, but, updated equipment and manufacturing essentials have been implemented to ensure not only great build quality, but also bring the factory to being state of the art.
  • gussguss Member Posts: 1,167
    I think my 2 local dealers are going to run out of stock before the '09's come in. Both only have only 5 or 6 08's left. I am going to have to decide to either get a great deal now or gamble and wait to see if I like the 09's.
    The dealer where I bought my 07 Mazda6 has absolutely none. A month ago they had three.
    I've got 6 left.
    According to mazdausa.com, there are 29 (24 sedans, 5 hatches) at the three dealers near me. I am pretty sure that this is a lot fewer than I have seen any other time I looked.
    For those looking for a Mazda6 lease, Mazda just introduced it. They got a lot of flack for not offering one on the few Mazda6's that are left
  • vital411vital411 Member Posts: 67
    Anyone have prices on a 09 Mazda 6?
    check the "2009 Mazda6" forum or the Mazda website.
  • baccus49baccus49 Member Posts: 60
    What's the best deal on a 2008 Mazda6 Hatchback i VE automatic? I live in WA. Thanks.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    I'm the first to admit that I've lusted after the '09 Mazda6 from the moment I saw the first photos. But I've always thought the existing MZ6 is a good looking car, too.

I currently have an '06 Mazda3 s 5-door with manual transmission. Due to some health issues, it's become apparent that I need a car with an automatic transmission. A year ago, the Mazda6 s with the V6 would have been my choice, but fuel prices make the 4-cylinder a much wiser choice for me. The 2.3L/auto MZ6 isn't exactly a powerhouse, but I've driven one as a loaner for a few weeks and I can live with it.

The dealers in my area are knocking $4k off sticker price before any negotiating even begins. The Sport VE 4-door with automatic and power moonroof has an MSRP of $22,270 and can be had for $18,200 (or less). The Touring 4-door with power moonroof (and standard automatic trans, heated leather seats and Bose stereo) has an MSRP of $23,760 and a dealer has already accepted an offer of $19,400 + tax that I made this afternoon.

My main concern is what sort of resale value will either of these have in a year or two from now. An '06 i Touring currently has a private party value of $15,600...so I suppose the same could be expected from an '08 i Touring in two years.

Anyone have any insights, thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    I think it depends a little bit on your local market and how many 2008 MZ6s the dealers have on the lots. In Chicago area, for the past year and a half or so you can buy just about any Mazda6 for $4500 to $5500 under MSRP and I've heard the same about Milwaukee. It depends on the number of 6's they have left and the how much competition there is in your area. The dealer where I bought my Mazda6 last year has had 0 available for the past month. Another much larger dealer in the Chicago area only had 3 a month ago. I don't know if dealers are consolidating inventory or what but some dealers have a bunch while others have none.

I think the private party number of $15600 is optimistic. IMO, that would about what the car your considering would be worth the day after you drive it off the lot.
    If you are changing cars every year or two :surprise: , wouldn't it be simpler to just lease?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    I'd love to have the option of leasing...unfortunately, I average about 25,000 miles per year, so it's not even an option for me. When I see some of the sweet lease deals out there, it makes me sick! Right now, an Accord EX-L V6 is leasing for $259/month for 36-months with $2,500 due at signing. And yes, I know that overall I'd be better off buying that very same car and ending the 36-months with a chunk of equity in the car. But isn't the whole point of leasing to either A) let you drive a car that you couldn't afford if you actually purchased it or B) reduce your monthly car payment substantially which frees up extra cash to do other fun things.

I wish there were more of the 5-door i models around... according to the Mazda website, there are 329 Mazda6 4-door sedans within 250 miles of me and only NINE 5-door hatchbacks. And two of those nine 5-doors are "Bright Island Blue"- good luck moving those! What were they thinking?

I'm still undecided at this point, but I did something today that surprised even me a little- I test drove a Kia Optima...and the REALLY shocking part- I actually liked it!
    They're also going for at least $3800 off sticker- the one I liked stickered for $19,990 and the "no haggle" sale tag was $16,199. That was the LX 2.4L automatic with the Appearance Package and ABS/Traction/Stability Control.

I hate to admit this, but I'm just not sure if I can say the words "I drive a Kia"...a little bit of brand-snobbery, I suppose...but that 100k warranty is might attractive.....

I hate making these kinds of decisions.....
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    A) let you drive a car that you couldn't afford if you actually purchased it or B) reduce your monthly car payment substantially which frees up extra cash to do other fun things

and C) let's you get rid of the car, if you decide in those two years that you don't like it, without having to go through the trade-in ordeal.

I know what you mean with the Optima. I think it looks nice, price is right, a major magazine rated it very highly about a year ago or so in a comparo test, great warranty, mpg is good, etc. It's just that I knew a couple of people that had a lot of trouble with KIAs and had problems with the dealership fixing warranty items. That plus the cachet like you said kind of keeps me away too. You know, Honda very early on kind of had that bit of negativity associated with it as well.
  • bmchrisbmchris Member Posts: 6
    Very happy with the experience, not too much haggling and b.s..

Out the door, all taxes, registration etc. for just under $18K cash, for San Francisco bay area (Hayward Mazda, Internet department). Received almost $5.5K discount. IMHO, one of the best value car deals going right now.
    I really know nothing about leasing, not being one to change cars often. But, I thought you could get whatever you want in terms of miles...of course you would have to pay more.

Funny you mention the Optima, I was just stuck with one as a rental for a week. It did not appeal to me at all.
    16000 for the 6 value ed (21000 msrp) is pretty good. Especially compared to the malibu (18000) accord, camry etc. Only other Idea I can get is the Hyundai Sonata auto for 15000. Mazda is sexier and will be worth something in 12 months.

Good luck
    --jjf

Very happy with the experience, not too much haggling and b.s..

Out the door, all taxes, registration etc. for just under $18K cash, for San Francisco bay area (Hayward Mazda, Internet department). Received almost $5.5K discount. IMHO, one of the best value car deals going right now.
  • sethnagasethnaga Member Posts: 50
    jfritsch

I test drove a 2008 Mazda 6 Sport Value edition today and they quoted a price of 16500+TTL. That will be 17.5 OTD. The dealership also has 2007 Models still lying (Not sold since the past 2 years! Brand new). What is the best price for brand new 2007 model sport and brand new 2007 Value edition - 4 cylinder versions you think I should pay

Also After test driving, I did not find it as smooth as my 2008 Accord Sedan. If Fuel efficiency is not a priority for me, you think 6 cylinder version will give a better drive? is it a good model? If so what should be my target price for 6 cylinder Value edition?

Thanks
    I would personally go for $16k even. If they have 07s still on the lot they need to sell some cars badly. That is unheard in most areas of the country. Where are you? Most dealers have very few 08s(if any) left.

If the 07s are brand new which to me is doubtful. I wouldn't offer any more than $14 to $14500 + ttl for one.
  • sethnagasethnaga Member Posts: 50
    Thanks. I am at Greater Atlanta area. These 2007 are brand new ones with 6 to 10 miles. I test drove one. They have around 10 cars all sports edition.except one value package.
    Wow, I'm really shocked on the 07s. I have an 07 SV I4 auto and like it a lot. If you could get one around $14 like I said and plan to keep it for awhile it would be a sweet deal. I paid $16500 + ttl for mine a year ago.
  • usrichusrich Member Posts: 13
    Hi All,

I want to buy a brand new 2008 Mazda MAZDA6 i Sport Sedan 4D (2.3L I-4 Engine with auto transmission, AC, cruise control) in Dallas TX . Anybody has buying experience in Dallas or other city, state recently? The tax rate here in TX is 6.25%. How much is the out the door price? (including TTL and everything) Thanks a lot!

Rich
    Gee Rich, it would be nice to know if you're trying to buy a new or used car, if new what year 08 or 09, an I4 or V6, which model, what options, auto or stick, what is your tax rate in Dallas area, what do dealers fees run, how much are your state license/tag/title fees. You want someone to respond but give them nothing to respond to.

Let's say you pay the dealer $18k for a car in New Hampshire and pay a dealer in TX the same $18k for the same car. Your OTD amount could vary by more than $2000 because of sales tax(none in NH), dealer doc fees or whatever the dealer calls them of anywhere from $75 to $600, advertising fees in certain regions, etc. etc.

See what I mean.
  • usrichusrich Member Posts: 13
    Thanks m6user!! I have revised my original message.
    If the dealers in your area have quite a few 08s left, I would shoot for a price of $16000 plus tax, dealer doc fee, title, tags etc. If they have very few left you may have to pay a few more hundred but I would not pay over $16500 + TTL for the car.
  • moveovermoveover Member Posts: 31
    Price depends on the options on the car. 16K might be for a base model but with a few options it will be more. I just paid 17K (18.5 OTD) for a 08 with a few options. Rear spoiler etc. Was about 5.1k off sticker, hopes this helps.
    Thanks moveover. I was giving him an expected price on a SV I4 auto. I see he is asking only about the sport model. Price should be at least $500 lower.
    Right around $5K off MSRP seems to have been a good but commonly available deal in many areas for the past several years. That is the about the deal I got on a 2007 Mazda6i SVE automatic back in Jan 2007 and I have since read of many getting about that deal, many paying more, and a very few doing better.
  • moveovermoveover Member Posts: 31
    Seems that with the increase of gas prices the prices for the 6 have gone up. Many people shopping for a 3 might also be looking at a 6. When I started to look in May I was offered a better deal then when I bought in July, with a lot less choice in cars too. Same for 3's in May they were still selling them below invoice and you will be hard pressed to get such a deal now. At least in the Mid-Atlantic Area.