Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• amty007amty007 Member Posts: 9
    Ok so finally on 01-30-2010, I leased a black 2010 Mazda6 TP v6 with black interiors for $285 per month.

I got the $500 customer cash.

I think the dealer qualified me for the S-Plan. I traded in my 97 honda accord for $2000. I'd asked for $3000 but car had dents, dinges & other problems so $2000 was finally negotiated. MSRP of 2010 Mazda was $27,250. I was able to negotiate down for ~ $24,500. The money factor applied was 0.00072 (i.e. 1.73% rate) & the residual value was at 52% => 0.52x27250 = $14170 for a 36 months, 12,000 miles/year lease. My area has 6.5% sales tax rate.

Also I just had to pay for registration fee + doc fee to delaer upfront, totalling $392.00. And the first month's payment was paid by Chase Auto Finance to Mazda. So I'll be making 35 EMI's of $285/month. Also got free oil changes for life of the lease. My mazda6 had just 2 miles on it when I got the delivery. It drives likes charm :) though music system is not BOSE in this trim :(, but that not a big deal for me.

So my out the door cost on this 36 months, 12k miles / year lease is = 392 + (285x35) = $10,367

Was this a good/bad deal? Oh and thanks to all for their valuable inputs earlier on.
  • mrchuck1mrchuck1 Member Posts: 21
    TP means "touring plus". For 3 years using up the newness of the car sounds like a good deal.
    Are you sure you can get by on 12,000 miles per year, 36,000 miles for the 36 months lease? That would be my only question.

Time for you to go drive it, break it in, etc. Have fun and "zoom zoom".
  • amty007amty007 Member Posts: 9
    Yes it the touring plus v-6 3.7l. Am positive about 12K miles/year :) ..I negotiated for 12K miles/year & then at the time of signing the finanace & dealer documents, double checked that number along with others time & again. You've got to be pretty careful in a dealership else it haunts you later to find out that some number you assumed they put down at time of signing, isn't there when you review your paper work after delivery.
  • ultra2004ultra2004 Member Posts: 11
    Learned a lot here. So here I am to contribute mine.

Just bought a 2010 Mazda 6 i Touring Plus, with leather seats, Atlanta, GA, for 24400 OTD.
    Here is the break down:
    Mazda 6 i TP w/leather seats: 23900
    Manufacturer Rebate: -500
    Preferred Customer Discount: -1000
    Service Fee: 399.99
    7% Tax: 1659
    License: 42
    OTD: 24400.99
    It also has the last day’s 0 % interest for 60 months.
    The deal is not the best, but good enough for me. And the car runs great.
    You got a GREAT DEAL! And now you will drive a defect free car just like mine.
    I have 6800 miles on mine now. Most miles was a trip to the West Coast and back, and boy is this car a road car!
    The 4 cyl has plenty of power to use!
    The 6 cyl is for others who need the rubber burning 0 to 60 in 6 seconds!
    Me, I like a road car that has 0 DEFECTS!!!!
    The styling is awesome and breathtaking every time I walk out the back door and look at my2010 Mazda 6 GTi. Maybe the best car ever,,,and I have owned a lot of cars in my 71 years!
    Have fun and like me,,,,,zoom zoom!!!
  • lrotalrota Member Posts: 18
    Hi..was shopping at a dealer and he had a new 2009 Mazda 6 i GT ( 4cyl, MANUAL transmission) with under 300 miles for $19350 ( listed as MSRP of $25860 less $6500 rebate/incentive, but not including TTL).

I went there to test drive a Mazda3 and Subura Impreza but decided to take a test drive of the Mazda 6 and really liked the car. I wasn't prepared to make any final decision as I hadnt researched the car previously, but I liked what I saw and after reading about it I am seriously considering it.

I got the feeling they wanted to move it because it had a 5 speed and most want automatic.

Any feedback appreciated.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    2009 was the only year that the Grand Touring was available with the 6-speed manual, so it's a rare find! If you liked the car and it has all the features you want, it's definitely worth consideration, in my opinion!

You probably know this already, but the Mazda6 i and Mazda3 s have share the same 2.5L 4-cylinder and 6-speed manual transmission. The fuel economy and acceleration is very similar for both models.

For comparison sake, a 2010 Mazda3 s GT 4-door with no options has an Edmunds TMV price of $21,293. The 2009 MZ6 GT has everything standard on the MZ3 plus several additional features that are optional or unavailable on the MZ3-
    Auto-dimming rearview mirror w/ HomeLink remote, Advanced Keyless Entry & Start System and Anti-theft alarm system (extra cost options on the MZ3) AND power front passenger seat and Blind Spot Monitor System (BSM) which aren't offered on the MZ3.

The TMV price for a USED 2009 Mazda6 i GT 6MT is around $20,800 (Dealer Retail), so the price of $19,350 seems like a very good deal. It's also $2000 less than a Mazda3 s GT 4-door.

If I were in the same situation and the car has all the features I wanted AND I could live with the interior/exterior color combination, I'd go for it!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    OK...you probably wont believe this but they accepted $17.9K for a new 2009 M6 i GT with 6spd manual with 300 miles on it.. It sat on the lot for 10 months...I was more than happy to take the manual transmission! Very happy with it.
  • des5des5 Member Posts: 88
    Wow - I would have bought it for that, and I'm not in the market! When my '05 iSport is a little older, I will have to look for one of these used as my preference is 4cyl+MT+Leather, which can't be had past the '09 iGT. Drive it in good health!
    TO IROTA: I mis-spoke when I said you must have the Touring Plus model. I thought you bought a 2010 model, which as you already know doesn't offer the 6 speed manual for 2010 models, but DID offer it for 2009 models.

You really researched out the product line, and I commend you for it.
    Rarely do I find someone who really shops with knowledge, versus the norm who shop with only emotion,, and that is why auto salesmen have bad reps.
    I learned something from you, and thanks!! mc
    That ROCKS! :surprise: :shades:

You got a STEAL on it, to say the least! The KBB trade-in value on it is about $18,300, so you got an amazing deal! You actually have equity in your new car, rather than the dreaded "$xxxx depreciation when you drive it off the lot"....I'm envious! ;)

What color is it? I'm just curious. Congratulations!
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    HOST: Who the heck at Edmunds is responsible for the model of vehicle that is pictured on the right side of the page. They are absolutely just all over the place. Here we are in the current prices paid thread for Mazda6 and there is a 2011 Mazda pictured to the right. That model will probably not be available for sale for another 6 months. It's a wonder there have been 0 reviews. ;)

On the Infiniti G37 prices paid there is still a picture of the 2008 G37 up along with a 2009. The '10s have been on sale for several months.

Just really curious as to this total lack of consistency.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    The banner across that 2011 Mazda6 actually says it is not expected to launch until spring 2011. :confuse:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    I'm sure some sort of search engine matches up post content and discussion title with the ads (and, make no mistake..that is an ad from Edmunds... hoping to generate more page views).

How does it work?

Don't know.... :blush:

Does that help? ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the reply.

Does that help? Oh yes, now it's clear as mud. I guess I didn't realize it was an ad. I actually thought it was supposed to be a helpful shortcut to access reviews and info of the new cars we are discussing here in this forum. I'm sure when you click through to Edmunds there will be boatloads of new and exciting info on the 2011 Mazda6. :P
  • vigorlovervigorlover Member Posts: 40
    My girlfriend is interested in a Mazda6 iGT (trading up from a 2000 Corolla, and she is actually still considering a Prius). She would want the technology package but no Nav (she likes her Garmin just fine). We live in San Jose CA. I see from this site the MSRP including destination of $28,815, Invoice of $26,432, and TMV of $26,901. We test drove one yesterday and the salesman seemed very eager to cut us a deal on it. He mentioned $2000 rebate -or- 0% financing. Ha anyone recently shopped for a Mazda6, and if so, what kind of deal could you get? Thanks.
    Hi...sounds like you can try being much more aggressive on the pricing. I found that the TMV was way too high for my particular car I found.

Two month ago, I bought a new "leftover" 2009 Mazda6 i (4 cyl) Grand Touring that had only 300 miles on it( test drives only). I think the main reason they couldn't sell it was because it had a manual transmission in it ( 6 speed).

Original MSRP was $26K....they had cut price to $19.1K .....I got it for $17.9K! The Edmunds trade in value on the website was $19.3K. So I think that dealers can make give some very deep discounts due to economy. In my case, the factory have a $6000 factory cash discount.

If your gf can drive a stickshift, you might be able to get a very good deal if you take the time to locate one.
    Thanks lrota.

I don't believe she has any experience with a standard transmission, and her current car is an automatic. I got a couple Internet quotes for $24,500 on a 2010 iGT with Tech. I may try to look for a leftover 2009 to see if further bargains might be had. She is not yet set on the Mazda6, and wants to go drive the Prius again (poor salesman at the first Toyota dealership did not leave Prius in a particularly good light).
    it was black... very happy for it...still cant believe I paid only 17.9K for it...but I guess manual transmissions are not very popular anymore!
  • nathanleenathanlee Member Posts: 2
    Got it yesterday. 20200 + 0APR for 60 month. Not sure if it is a good deal.
    I think thats pretty good for zero % financing!
    A great deal! Out the door includes all those taxes, doc fee, etc.
    Getting 0% for 60 months is worth a bunch!! Congrats!!!

We feel after 8 months and 7,500 miles, that our Mazda 6i GT is a superlative car.
    Yours will be the same due to Mazda engineering and build quality.
    Love those big fenders in front!
    My girlfriend has decided that Mazda6 is not for her. She drove 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited and liked it better, though she is still leaning towards Prius. Thanks anyway, and I hope you all enjoy your Mazdas.
  • DTbrokerDTbroker Member Posts: 5
    help, looking to buy a new 2010 6 S Grand Touring or potentially a dealer demo with 7-8k miles on an 09 (same trim). Trying to get a sense of whether it makes sense to go with the demo for 24k (or lower if i can get it) or what i can get the 2010 S for. Only options i am considering are, moon roof, leather, a few other minor things like wheel locks which all the dealer throw in to raise the price of the car.

Any relevant buying experiences would be appreciated. (Chicago area)
    Just in case you weren't aware, there are a few differences in standard and optional features between the 2009 and 2010 's' Grand Touring models-

The following features are STANDARD on the 2009 model, but optional on the 2010 model (as the "Technology Package"):
    -Advanced keyless entry and start system with push-button starting
    -Driver's seat memory
    -4-way power passenger seat
    -Homelink universal remote
    -SIRIUS satellite radio
    -Xenon HID headlights
    -Rain-sensing windshield wipers
    -Heated auto-dimming outside mirrors
    -LED rear combination lights

The following items are STANDARD on the 2010 model, but were optional on the 2009 model:
    -Bose 10-speaker 333W audio system with subwoofer
    -6-disc In-dash CD changer
    -Power Moonroof

That means all 2010 Mazda6 s Grand Touring models have leather and moonroof. If you can manage without the features in the 'Tech Package', you should be able to buy a new 2010 for as low as $26,200 in the Chicago market. Out of 29 Grand Touring models within 50 miles of Chicago, only two lack the Tech Package, so they're not very common...but worth the search if you're looking for the best deal. FYI- the Tech Package adds $1980 to the MSRP.

Personally, I'd rather pay $2000-$2500 more for a brand new 2010 with NO miles rather than a 2009 model with 8-10k miles. The 2009's warranty will be reduced by the mileage on the odometer at the time of purchase, although the 3-year (Bumper-to-Bumper) and 5-year (Powertrain) warranty clocks don't start until the vehicle is titled. So you'd lose a year's worth of resale value and 8-10k of warranty coverage in exchange for the $2000 or so savings.

Whatever you decide, best of luck!
  • mrchuckmrchuck Member Posts: 21
    I bought my 2010 Mazda 6i GT August 28 of last year.
    They had just arrived at the dealership. They had several 2009 models fully loaded, and I mean with everything, nav,v6, etc. The 2009 price was 25000, and the 2010 price was 31,000.
    I wanted a NEW car, not one a year old. I was willing to pay for it.Today, my car will be a 1 year old car, instead of a 2 year old car.
    This make any sense to you?
    I expect the 2011 models will be in the dealers hands in less than 3 months, or before!
    That's a good point...I wasn't even thinking about how close we are to the 2011 models rolling out. The 2009 would effectively be a 2yr old car at that point...

Personally, I avoid the first model year of any new or redesigned vehicle. Even the best new models can have "teething" troubles in the first year. If they do arise, they're usually resolved prior to the 2nd model year....in this case, the 2010.
  • bdworkinbdworkin Member Posts: 3
    My wife's CX 9 lease is up and we are looking at the 6i GT with Tech. pkg. We were looking to put nothing down and take advantage of the 0% for 60 months. We have not been able to get a quote below $28,500.Seems on the high side and no one is dealing much. Dealer basically laughed at the Edmunds paperwork.
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    Man that is a lot of money for a 4 cylinder, under powered car.
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Member Posts: 1,230
    Check out the Mazda website and look at inventory near your location. You may be able to find a suitable model from a different dealer. Some dealers tend to favor customers that find/negotiate via email, and some even give you an extra "online" discount.

That's how I discovered the 6S GT w/Tech that I just purchased. I found a smaller dealer about an hour away that not only got the EXACT car I wanted, but I was able to negotiate a fair price for both the dealer and me. This was all happening while the dealer 3 minutes away from me tried to sell me what was on their lot (all i Touring or i Sport models) and wouldn't budge much on the price, nor would they even try to find the model I wanted.

Don't settle for a high price either. If a dealer doesn't want to deal, simply get up and walk out. Chances are they may contact you in a few days with a better deal.

Good luck!
  • exit123exit123 Member Posts: 136
    Anybody know what's going on with Mazda6 pricing? Local dealer is selling all of their Mazda6 i Sport AT units at $17995, with no Mazda financing. That's well below invoice, so there must be some secret manufacturer-to-dealer cash going on if the buyer doesn't take the financing.
    For what it's worth , I would be VERY aggressive on any offers made to dealer on Mazda 6i.

In March of this year...I got a leftover 2009 6i GT w/ 6 speed manual...NEW( < 300 miles ) ......for only $17.9K! MSRP was $26K+.

There was $6k of factory to dealer cash. Car sat on their lot since March of 2009...probably due to lack of demand for 6 spd manual.

If you can find a manual transmission model on a dealer lot...you can really bargain aggressively.
  • bdworkinbdworkin Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the feedback. This is the second time we can not find the car we want with Mazda. Happened with the CX 9 also. I have contacted different dealers beside the one we originally went with and no one can find the car and they are all quoting the same price. One dealer did say he found the car but I think he just wanted us to come in. I sent out for quotes from Edmunds also and no one is budging on price. Told my dealer we would sign the papers right there for the right deal but they would not budge. Really crazy. But my wife wants what she wants. This is why she hates buying a car.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    I'm not trying to offend you, but, do you think your demands are unreasonable? If you have talked to several dealers and no one will budge what should tell you something.....
  • cogitojazzcogitojazz Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2010
    Hi. Thinking of purchasing a 2010 Touring Plus. How is the 4 cylinder? I'll be driving it to work [450 miles a month] and on trips that average 500-800 miles. The 0% financing has my attention. OR is there a 2009 model I should consider? Any advice will be helpful. Trading a 2003 Maxima SE 6 speed - been perfect, but just went to the far side of 100K and we have a Honda Odyssey with over 100K as well.
    I have the 4cyl. 2010 Mazda iGT.
    Absolutely the best. On a road trip from Dallas to Los Angeles and return, I averaged over 32 mpg. The highest was 34 mpg.
    All gas used is unleaded regular. Wonderful power when you need it.
    Accelerates fast! Cruises over all hills on the cruise control with comfort and ease.
    This is a really fast car.
    I expect that the V-6 would be a rocket ship hot rod.
    In town here, I average 23 to 24 mpg. I live in a rural area.
    9200 miles on it and everything works, and a Zero defect car.
    Love the 4 cyl, and very easy to change your oil and filter yourself.
    Superb engineering.
    Also the a/c is super cold here in hot Texas, and idling for a long time, well the a/c never changes, super cold!
    The 4 cyl does it all!!
  • cogitojazzcogitojazz Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the message and info. I'm getting quotes of $1k off via internet, making the car around $24K. Hoping for a bit less. Checking a bunch of dealers in our region - worth the drive. I'm an NTSU [not UNT] alum ! ! Thanks!
    2010 Mazda 6 i Sport AT
    with floor/trunk mats ($100)
    MSRP: 21320
    Invoice: 19967
    car price: 17691 with 0% financing for 5 years
    doc fee: 150
    Someone call the police. You stole that car!
    What dealer?
    That is quite a price for such a wonderful 2010 car.
    Has anyone heard what the 2011 Mazda 6 will look like, and any other changes?
    Borman Autoplex in Las Cruces NM. Internet Department, manager is Sarah Rowan. Nice people.

Actually they said the price should have been $500 higher, as they gave me the $500 Mazda Cash Back (reassigned to them) AND the Mazda 0% financing.

They admitted that they screwed up but since I drove 200 miles to get the car, they didn't want to go back on their word. A (jealous) local dealer told they are going to call me later to tell me they can't do it, but since I have a Sales Order and Purchase Contract with the total repayment and monthly payment all spelled out, I suspect that ain't gonna happen. :P
    "Someone call the police. You stole that car!"

Yes, I feel like a thief!

However, like I mentioned, the internet manager told me the salesperson screwed up and offered me a price $500 lower than it should have been, but she said their policy is to always honor price quotes, so she gave to to me anyway. I don't think they made anything on it.

I found out what is happening with the MZ6 i Sport AT is that Mazda is offering dealers a $2000 cash incentive, so they can easily blow these things out the door at $1500 under invoice and still make money (plus there's a 3% holdback). Not sure on the i Sport MT or the other trim levels though.
    I found out what is happening with the MZ6 i Sport AT is that Mazda is offering dealers a $2000 cash incentive, so they can easily blow these things out the door at $1500 under invoice and still make money (plus there's a 3% holdback). Not sure on the i Sport MT or the other trim levels though.

Who told you that? In my area, Mazda is not paying me $2,000 on all Mazda6's. There was no manufacturer to dealer incentive other then holdback, which is 2% BTW.

There is $1,000 dealer engagement dealers can have if 0% is not taken by the customer.
    edited July 2010
    From what I understood, it was on the i Sport AT only, but maybe I heard it wrong, and it could be regional too. And this a high-volume dealer with 6 brands so who knows what they got going. I don't know exactly how they did it, but that's the exact price I got, and the 0% financing with no money down. And like I said, they under-quoted by $500 due to an error by the salesperson, though they honored that price quote anyway.

The Mazda incentives changed yesterday too.
  • karyakartakaryakarta Member Posts: 17
    Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right forum, but I hope somebody has some knowledge about trade in prices. I am going to trade in my car, which is a 2003 white mazda 6i with 88,000 miles. The car's only two options are the automatic transmission and alloy wheels. The car has a clear title and I am the one and only owner. Mechanically, there is nothing wrong with the car and was never involved in any accident, but it has a bit of rust in the exhaust pipes.

I went to three different dealers for trade-in comparisons, and the highest quote I got was $4,900, which is exactly what Kelly Blue Book quoted for "good condition trade in value". KBB quoted a trade in value of $5,300 for "excellent condition". From private and dealer listings nationwide, I have seen that comparable Mazda6i to mine are selling between $6,500 to high $7,000s. Selling the car privately is not an option for me as I don't wish to deal with the hassle.

May I ask any of you ever manage to get trade in offers that are higher than KBB? Do you think $4,900 is a fair price or do you think I could do better? Thanks in advance for your inputs.
    The $4900 isn't a bad offer. Your car is not low mileage and will be 8 years old in a few months when the 2011s come out. Nationwide means nothing unless you are going to drive crosscountry to trade your car in. Look within a 100-200 mile radius for prices. Prices vary from region to region by as much as $1000 on a used car like yours.

Just because dealers are advertising similar cars for those prices doesn't mean they are getting those prices. Would you buy a used car at the exact price someone was asking for it? Most people wouldn't.
    The dealer that takes your car in trade will re-furbish it and sell it at a profit. If he can make a 2000 dollar profit, that is wonderful for him, and that is why he is in the car business.
    The used car market presently is very, very good. But as you said, just trading in your old car on a new one is is easy without problems.

I did the exact same thing on my 2010 Mazda 6i GT.
    And I have never looked back at not selling off my old car myself.
    My Mazda dealer, Mike Pile Mazda in Tyler, TX. was super in my deal, and I drop in there for an oil filter from time to time, or just to say hello.
    My Mazda 6 is a defect free car.
    Yes, they say you are getting $4900 for your trade, but if you have a trade-in they will raise the offer price of the new car, so you're actually getting much less for the trade-in. It's a game and they are pros at it, and you are not. If you play their game, you will lose.

The only way to know what you are really paying for your new car and what you are getting for the trade-in is to get the new car price without a trade-in (tell them you are selling it on your own). Then, once you have that price, tell them you changed your mind and decided to trade and see what you can get. Sorry, I know that's probably not the answer you want, but it's the ugly truth. If you don't like my suggestion, be prepared to pay out probably at least $1000 more, either in the offer price for your new car, or their offer price for the new car.

I don't like it either, but's that's the way it is. Of course, if you have a lot of extra money to throw away, just ignore this message. :P

Yes, they say you are getting $4900 for your trade, but if you have a trade-in they will raise the offer price of the new car, so you're actually getting much less for the trade-in. It's a game and they are pros at it, and you are not. If you play their game, you will lose.

That's why you negotiate the car price and then negotiate the trade value. It eliminates that from happening.

$4,900 is a good value for his car.