Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sbakalarsbakalar Member Posts: 3
    I finally took the plunge and joined the Mazda owner's club yesterday. Bought a black 6s from Santa Monica Mazda with auto tran, side air bags, aftermarket moonroof and aftermarket leather for $22,568 before tax/license, about $500 under dealer invoice. Plus $1250 loyalty rebate. Plus 0% financing for 5 years. Plus no money down! What a deal!

Los Angeles is the place to buy your Mazda. The auto market is extremely competitive and Mazdas are not big here, so the dealers are willing to deal. If you're an out-of-state buyer you can drive or ship your car home and save 8% CA sales tax.

I've had a BMW 325 for seven years, so I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to handling and performance. I would have paid $10K more for a new 325, and there is no way the 325 is $10K better than this car.

I highly recommend my salesman Reza. Very smart, professional, pleasant and as honest as you will come by in this profession.

Couple tips for you buyers:

1) Think twice before you get the Sport Package. Other than the 17" tires, it's all looks, not performance. And you can't get 0% financing. So it ends up costing you a helluva lot more than the cost of the package itself.

Coming from a BMW, I think the 6 body looks classier, more expensive, and more European without the spoiler.

2) If you want leather, aftermarket is definitely the way to go. It's MUCH better quality (the factory stuff is chintzy, a friend who went for a test ride with me thought it was fake), comes with the same warranty as factory, and you get to pick your color (the factory comes only in gray and beige, and the shades are not the best).

The way Mazda groups the options, you have to get comfort (four seasons) package with factory leather. The combined price is roughly the same as aftermarket leather, maybe even a little bit more. So if you live in a warm climate and heated seats/rear view mirrors don't excite you, the choice is obvious!

3) Aftermarket moonroof is $200-300 more but better quality, lifetime warranty, and more features. You can program it for different degrees of openness. And if you forget to close it when you park, it automatically shuts when you turn off the ignition! So if you save your leather once when it rains, it will have paid for itself in spades!

I got $100 discount for getting aftermarket leather and moonroof from the same company called Classic. It was arranged by the dealer. It qualifies for 0% financing just like the factory options.

4) Spring for the side bags. The 6 does well in front impact crash tests, but performed poorly in a recent National Highway Safety side impact test. There is no price for safety. It only has to work once. Think of the side air bag cost as part of your auto insurance policy.

Good luck and happy driving!
  • ian2ian2 Member Posts: 168
    My friend was only able to get $1000 MSRP on a non-sport 6i with manual in LA. I've heard manual 6's are hard to find, so dealers are less willing to deal.

As for the sport package, I got it because I love the look and to get 17" wheels afterward would cost a bundle, not to mention you don't get the EL gauges and many options! I wanted ABS, Bose, moonroof, leather, and SAB/SAC; so sport package is the only way to go. To get aftermarket leather, stereo, 17" wheels, fog lights would probably cost me more in the end and I still can't get ABS and SAB/SAC with moonroof. I paid $24430 out the door for a fully loaded 6i 5MT, including new grad discount.
  • milkman1milkman1 Member Posts: 80
    I found that since there are no deals on the sport package from Mazda that the dealer I bought from gave a little more up in other areas than I would have guessed. I think the it's easy to fudge you negotiating with so many numbers floating around on the other cars. I got a 6S auto, sport package, Bose with side curtains, cargo net and wheel locks at invoice. I got 3000 for my 99 Neon which was just above an optimistic Kelly Blue Book appraisal and below Edmund's estimate. I financed @ 3.15% for 60 months. I wouldn't have loyalty or grad cash available so I only lost out on the financing. The way I figure the sport package is worth it. The appearance package is 900 and the sport package is 960. The ground effects on the sport package are not attached separately as on the appearance package and the exhaust tips are styled smoother. You also get the 17s with v rated pilots. It may be less comfy, but I like seat of the pants driving and the look rocks. In addition you get fog lamps which I need around where I live fairly regularly. I would have liked them close to the ground, but the ones they offer for non sport package versions look pretty cheap IMO. The interior accents are minor but they help tie the whole thing together and don't forget you get a big spoiler too (I could have gone w/o it, but it ain't going anywhere now that I got it). All for 60 bucks more than the appearance package (plus the financing, I know).
  • combustible1combustible1 Member Posts: 264
    good advice, sbakalar. That's exactly the scenario I'm contemplating if I go with the 6. I've Located a 6s model, non sport, with SAB/SAC and nothing else. I may hold off on the leather and moonroof though, IF I can get the name of the installer who does both from the dealer and go direct later on (for possibly an even better deal).

I'm perpetually undecided on the looks of the non-sport pkg. however. Sometimes, I like.. looks sleek and classy. Other times, it's plain-jain boring and looking nothing more than like a rounded mound of sheet metal. Depends on the time of day, the angle.. and my mood, I suppose.

Whereas, the sports package always looks good, if somewhat overdone and amateurish at times.

TSX or 6.. flips coin for the hundreth time!
  • vkarvkar Member Posts: 28
    Hi,

I'm planning to get an AT 6i with Premium package, ABS, cassette player, wheel locks, cargo net and mats. The dealer offers me $19095 before any rebates, and I get 1500 cash back, 1250 loyalty and 500 grad discounts. So it seems like this first quote is below invoice. Is there something fishy going on here?

I read somewhere here (I forgot which board) that dealers are being offered thousands in incentives to sell the 6's. Is this true? If so, should I negotiate more?

Any help on this will be appreciated. I am planning to buy either today or tomorrow.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    You can read back through the messages here to find folks talking about what they paid when they made their purchases, but a really good place to ask your question is in our general Mazda6 discussion.

Just click on that link to get there. Good luck!
  • jasonk3jasonk3 Member Posts: 1
    I just got pretty much the same car as washdcm6er: a 6s with sport package, auto, leather, Bose, CD changer, cassette, moonroof, side air bags, comfort pkg, and auto-dim mirror. I paid $26500 cash out the door, including 6% tax, title, etc. This was in northern NJ.
  • mikest2mikest2 Member Posts: 4
    Got a 6i manual yesterday in NJ w/ FOG, Sport Grille, Leather, Comfort & Premium. Paid a total (with tax, fees, etc.) of $20,6--. Got loyalty rebate of 1k and the usual 0%.
  • kahuna9kahuna9 Member Posts: 3
    Can I please hear from anyone who has recently bought a Mazda 6i in the LA area -- specifically, how much did you pay in relation to invoice price (before subtracting any rebates)? For example, $500 under invoice, etc.? And from what dealer? Thanks for any replies!
  • jbhogenjbhogen Member Posts: 21
    Got my 6s manual tonight in San Diego, alright Escondido, comfort, leather, sunroof,
    Steel Grey. I could have done w/o the sunroof, but otherwise it was the way I wanted it. Price was $19,600 with the $2500 in discounts--dealer still made some money, but I was happy with the no hassle deal they gave me.

Drove home with supportive wife (who isn't yet comfortable with a stick, but promises to master it yet!).
  • midwesttradermidwesttrader Member Posts: 291
    Visited one of the few Mazda dealers in my area last night. Still no deals on the few vehicles left with the sports pkg. In fact not much willingness to deal on any 6 period.
  • sevenseassevenseas Member Posts: 44
    I purchased a 2003 Mazda 6s on Tuesday, 8/12/03 from Galpin Mazda of Van Nuys, CA. I had a particular one of interest using Mazda's inventory search feature. The salesman Duke Maltin and I drove to a secure lot where he had a very large inventory of Mazda 6's and RX-8's. We located the partcular 6 with features I wanted.

After a test drive, in which Duke educated me on the features of the 6, I expressed interest in purchasing the vehicle. I was asked what I wanted to pay, which I replied $600 over invoice and to qualify for 0% financing. I told Duke I felt this was a fair price for a 2003 model being sold in August and that I was sure the dealership wanted to clear their 2003 inventory to make room for their 2004 models. After filling out a credit application and a quick discussion Duke had with his manager I was counter offered at $645 over invoice with the 0% financing. I accepted the offer.

Added an additional $200 for the installation and cost of the sport grill and $600 for LoJack. I discovered the LoJack warranty was for 2 years. An inquiry to LoJack revealed a lifetime warranty would cost an additional $99, which I agreed.

The sport grill was in stock but took longer than expected to install. I was given a free lunch at their own restaurant and after my meal I needed to wait an additional 90 minutes. Salesman Duke was apologetic for the delay which included wax and polish.

Overall I would rate the experience excellent.

Lapis Blue Mazda 6s
    automatic transmission
    moonroof
    Bose
    Leather
    Comfort
    Sport Grill
    LoJack

Kelly Blue Book invoice = $23,031 (not including LoJack)
    Edmunds invoice 22,944 (not including LoJack)

Price paid $24,679 (including $645 dealer profit, $694 LoJack and sport grill installation at $200), which is a few hundred over KBB or Edmunds quoted prices. I did not ask the dealership to see the invoice for this particular car.

I believe what really makes this a good deal is the 0% financing. I was already approved at my credit union for an auto loan at what I believe was 4.9%.

Amount financed $23,475
    60 month loan at 0%= $391.25
    60 month loan at 4.9%= $441.93
    difference of $3000 over the life of the loan
  • thegreatvudinithegreatvudini Member Posts: 103
    vkar.

where do you live? Here in No. CA, they are advertising 6i's @ 10% off MSRP. That's before the loyalty and rebate/0% financing.
  • chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    It sure is one of a kind. honestly. No dealer within a 300 mile radius had anything like it.
    Credit goes to MazdaUSA online inventory search. I located the car on 29-july-2003 and called up the dealer, only to find out that the car is still "en-route" or as they say "inbound". I put a deposit of $500 down using my credit card, right there on the phone.
    The car arrived on Tuesday 5-aug-2003. I went to the dealership on 6-aug-2003 and picked it up. All the paperwork was ready, including my 0% financing. Great job by the saleperson Janno and John Rios of Irwin(Richards) Mazda, Freehold, NJ.
    I was driving my Mz6 within the hour, back home.

Details:
    =======
    Glacier silver metallic.
    V6
    Manual transmission
    App. Pkg.
    Rear wing spoiler
    Gray leather + comfort (no black for me...ughh)
    6-cd changer (sounds way better than single cd player)
    moonroof
    fog lamps
    cargo net
    wheel locks

All from the factory. nothing dealer installed.

Price paid: 23,000 even (including TTL)

No trade-in.
  • brozhnikbrozhnik Member Posts: 172
    I'd like to get a Mazda6i with automatic trans; side-curtain airbags; ABS and traction control; and cassette. Using figures at Edmunds and Kelly, I calculate an invoice price of $17885. (I'm figuring the $1500 cash incentive into that, and destination/regional charges.) (TMV, according to Edmunds, is $18634 with the cashback. )

I have NOT added the 5% sales tax and.... whatever profit the dealer gets (how much should that be above invoice?). On the other hand, i haven't figured the 2% dealer holdback (about $373 if I figured right, but apparently not a bargaining chip?).
    Adding it all up, though, how much should I be willing to pay, fairly, for out-the-door including taxes, fees, profit, licensing etc.? Thanks!
  • jnorth1ajnorth1a Member Posts: 2
    I'm a little surprised to hear almost everyone on this message board claim that they paid invoice (or barely over invoice) for their new Mazda6. Either everyone here is worthy of fixing the Israeli-Palestinian negotiations, or Mazda is running itself out of business. I DID get invoice because of the Ford Partner program, and felt good about it not having to do any negotiating. Now I'm wondering if I would have been better off without it. Was there some promotion that I missed, "the 2003 Mazda Invoice Price Promotion!"

Just a thought...
  • carpbflocarpbflo Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased my Mazda 6i this week. I also was able to use the S-Plan for a Non-Sports Package model. I also was able to get the $1,250 Loyalty Rebate and the 0% financing. The only room for negotiating was on my trade-in and that was difficult because I was already getting invoice pricing on the car. I was able to get them up a bit and now that I look back on the deal, it was a steal. I wouldn't worry that some people are able to negotiate down to invoice price, while we were getting S-Plan price. All is good as long as you get a great car in the end, which is what I believe I have got.

2003 Mazda 6i - Onyx Black/Gray Cloth
    Automatic
    Premium Package
    ABS/Traction Control
    Rear Wing Spoiler
    MSRP - $21,200
    S-Plan - $19,396 + $375(Spoiler)
    Rebate - $1,250
    Net Price - $18,521

After a few days, this car exceeds my expectations!
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    Now, even the S MT models with sport pkg are being discounted, check fitzmall.com, I believe it was something like $400 over invoice the last time I looked.
    Body: S P Color: Steel Gray MET Interior: Black Cloth Stock #: Z4526

Delivered Internet Price: $22,057 Factory Invoice: $20,857
    Delivered Value Price: $22,396 MSRP: $22,700
    =================================================

closer to MSRP rather than invoice.
  • vkarvkar Member Posts: 28
    I live in the Twin Cities. I went to Morries Mazda.
  • kannonkannon Member Posts: 18
    We have a down payment for a Mazda 6i, Auto, ABS/Traction Control, Side Air Bags, Foglights, Power Moonroof, Premium. We got the car dealer to go down to $21,072. We will be getting the 0% finance for 60 months and also get the college rebate $500. Like your opinion. It's Glacier Silver - only one they had - we really wante the Lapis Blue, but .....
    what is the MSRP?
  • radocharadocha Member Posts: 26
    I just put money down on a loaded, blue M6s with 5spd. I am getting it for S-plan price (roughly invoice) but unfortunately loosing on $1500 or 0.00 incentives. I did get 4.0 APR financing, which I think is reasonable with sport pckg. Didn't have too much trouble finding the car and of course no haggling with S-plan (no conveyance fee either)
  • steve05401steve05401 Member Posts: 50
    hi, all--

last week, purchased what i think was an unusually equipped 6i: just had auto., alloys, and Bose audio. i had really been hankering for Bose audio for a number of years, but didn't want to or couldn't purchase a new/used Maxima, (new) Altima, etc. i really didn't need the options/packages that seemed to usually come with 6's with Bose: the leather, prem pkg, comfort, moonroof, sport pkg., etc.... so i was THRILLED to find on the MazdaUSA website my 6i with just auto., 16" alloys, and Bose. the dealer (in northern New England) seemed to share my surprise to an extent, as well.

so-- i got the audio i craved, but got it in what is otherwise a moderately-priced, sensible (smaller) midsize sedan. MSRP (including ULEV emissions equipment for here in Maine and dest.) was $21,155. their invoice was $20,087. i paid $20,200 and then got the $1500 rebate and a pretty good (though not awesome) amount for my trade-in. got 2.99% for 60 mos. from a major bank.
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    my 20 years experience in the car biz has proven to me that the world's second biggest lie is what somebody claims they paid for a car :)

Don't sweat it, if you can find the car you want, most dealers are agreeable to working a fair deal.
  • midwesttradermidwesttrader Member Posts: 291
    Looking for a dealer within 200 miles or so from St. Louis that is willing to order an '04 for me with the sport pkg at invoice + ????. The best I can do so far around here is $800 off msrp.
    I also want the 5 speed manual tranny and those are almost impossible to find. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    In July, I had the opportunity to participate in Mazdas awesome Rev It Up driving event. Because of my participation, I recently received in the mail a coupon for $250 OFF any 2003-04 Mazda, except RX-8. The coupon is fully transferrable and CAN be combined with other current incentives (BUT NOT other Rev It Up coupons). If someone on this thread would like me to send them the coupon, as I will NOT be using it, please shoot me a quick email with your info and I will be happy send it. Obviously, I only have one, so please only send me the email if you are very seriously considering a Mazda.

~alpha
  • neotricityneotricity Member Posts: 2
    Just got a Mazda 6i with no options except floormats for 14,888 after 1500 rebate (no loyalty discount) at magnussens mazda in Fremont. Bought through fleet manager and everything went smoothly.
    Out the door price: $16,270
  • thegreatvudinithegreatvudini Member Posts: 103
    The fact that some people got their cars at invoice does NOT mean that they are lying. The market determines the price. Here in the Bay Area (SF/San Jose), 6i's go for 10% off MSRP easy. Local dealers are advertising base i's for $14,000 (after all discounts). On a $20,000 car, 10% off = $18,000 (and then you add on the discounts). The Bay Area is one of the best car markets around. We have RX8 lying around, waiting to be taken home (without the added dealer markup).
  • radocharadocha Member Posts: 26
    Anyone else has a rebate from Rev It Up driving event that they are not going to use? If so, send it my way and you will contribute to that much larger 'celebration' (read party) of a new M6s, blue with 5spd, that should be sitting in my driveway next week.
    try ebay. somebody is selling it.
  • crazybabydoccrazybabydoc Member Posts: 32
    The internet agent for Millenium Mazda is offering $100 over invoice for ANY vehicle except RX8 and Miata. For the Mazda6 he specifically stated ALL other incentives apply including cash AND 0% financing. He reaffirmed this offer in person and threw in the bone that dealer incentives included ALL Mazda6 on the lot which means the Sport model as well.

Another dealer 30mi away offered big discounts on the Protege but scarcely mentioned the Mazda6. In fact, he quoted MSRP.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Try fatwallet... you can usually get that kinda stuff for free there.
  • scottdudescottdude Member Posts: 177
    Make your best deal on a 6 and then just before signing, tell the salesman... "Oops! I forgot to bring my $250 off coupon with me. Let me swing home and get it". I'll bet that most salesmen will find a way to shave off another $250 rather than letting you out the door without buying the car. If they actually let you leave, wait until they call and then say you can't find the coupon, and now you're thinking about taking another look at an Altima.
  • anathema888anathema888 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my 6i no package only spoiler for $18115+280(spoiler) 500 grad rebate, 0% APR. in LA area. I got price quotes from 4 different dealers and they differ by A LOT!!! More quotes really help as I push one of those dealers to beat another one's quoted price. Although it seems like they may be able to do a better offer... I didn't push too hard either but I would encourage other people to try.
  • scmike1scmike1 Member Posts: 10
    Just bought a Redfire Metallic 5 spd V6 with Sunroof, Beige leather, appearance package, heated seats, and rear spoiler for $350 over invoice. With a $1500 rebate the $24,820 MSRP came down to $21,560 including $150 marketing cost. Not exactly the configuration I wanted, but there are not that many V6 manuals around. General sales manager said only 5% were made that way. Since I own a restaurant, I also catered a party for 20 or so RX-8 owners as part of the deal. Bought from Oak Tree Mazda in the San Jose area. Good guys to deal with. Planning to get a few accessories like moonroof deflector, door edge guards, cargo tray...
  • bwmcbwmc Member Posts: 10
    Just got my Mazda 6s 2 weeks ago. It has 5-speed automatic with manual mode transmission, 3.0L V6 engine, leather seating, moonroof, and BOSE audio 6 CD changer for $22,035. MSRP is $25,035.
    Got $1500 rebate AND $1500 dealer discount after HARD bargaining !!!
  • bwmcbwmc Member Posts: 10
    scmike1,
    Your math is BAD "With a $1500 rebate the $24,820 MSRP came down to $21,560 including $150 marketing cost" It's $23,320 with a $1500 rebate.
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    hello, my local mazda dealer has a big old ad in the paper for a mazda 6 with auto, air, cruise, tilt, cd stereo, and pw,locks, mirrors for 13990.99 down from a msrp of 19995.00. can a mazda 6 with this equipment really be bought for this price or is this simply to good to be true? the only thing in small print at the bottom of the ad is only select colors for the mazda 6 at this price.maybe the 13990.00 mazda 6 colors are puke yellow or purple or sandstone.
    Wow, I'm in the market for a commuter car and I gotta say 14k, 15.5k out the door on a Mazda6 sounds like a massively awesome deal.
    hello i just got back from the vw dealership and the mazda dealerships to compare the 2003 gls golf vs the mazda 6.
    and i must say that the golf with a sticker price at 20,000.00 and includes auto, 4wheel anti-lock disk brakes, power sunroof, full size spare tire, better warranty, and the clincher as far as iam concerned is the 8 speaker monsoon cd-cassette which sounds terrific. anyone notice the rear speakers on the mazda 6 are very small. anyway i am the type of person who just loves value for the buck and the golf for what you get has to be the best features to price ratio out there. also, i checked into insurance for both cars and the golf was way cheaper to insure than the mazda 6.the only thing that has me concerned is vw reliabilty, and come to think of it, mazda reliability has me concerned as well. as my brothers 2002 protege has been problematic from the first day he bought it new.just my 2 cents here.
    iam a big fan of any reasonably priced auto that has anti-lock brakes as standard equipment regardless of which model you choose such as the 2003 accord, rsx, and all vw products. of course anti-lock brakes is cheaper to insure as well, i mean a car with antilock brakes. thanx steve
  • dinu01dinu01 Member Posts: 2,586
    I would be less concerned about the Mazda6's reliability over any VW product.

What do you value most? Driving fun, the interior, styling, performance (includes braking since you mentionned it), reliabilty???

If it was me, I would get a 6 b/c of how it drives, it's value and reliability with my 2001 Protege ES. I would not touch a VW product - yes they look great and I bet the Monsoon sounds good too, but I can't put up w/getting to know ALL of the dealership's staff on a first name basis.

Dinu
  • carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    The Protege is a pretty reliable car. Maybe he got a bad one. Just because somebody has a problem doesn't mean the next person who buys the same exact car is going to have a problem. I kinda think its funny whenever they talk about about Mazda on a Honda or a GM board they all think their cars are perfect and Mazda makes garbage. I know a guy who associates Mazda with Mitsubshi and Mazda's for being problematic and he wants a Mercedes or a BMW. I'm thinking Mazda is alot more reliable than BMW or Mercedes. People aren't eductated enough to do research on cars nowadays. They just think oh well Mazda is a 2nd tier brand just like Mitsu so they must make garbage. I just don't like it when people associate Mazda for making bad cars when they don't even do any research what so ever on a car. I'm sorry something just had to be said there.
    and i must say that the golf with a sticker price at 20,000.00 and includes auto, 4wheel anti-lock disk brakes, power sunroof, full size spare tire, better warranty, and the clincher as far as iam concerned is the 8 speaker monsoon cd-cassette which sounds terrific.

Clincher for what? VWs are awful cars.

anyway i am the type of person who just loves value for the buck and the golf for what you get has to be the best features to price ratio out there. also, i checked into insurance for both cars and the golf was way cheaper to insure than the mazda 6.the only thing that has me concerned is vw reliabilty, and come to think of it, mazda reliability has me concerned as well.

My family's owner a myriad of Mazdas and i just unloaded a VW and took a 2k loss on purpose just to get away from it. It was a 1.8T Jetta and it was a horrendous car. VW makes awful vehicles. VWs are poorly engineered, poorly assembled, service is super expensive and the tech rarely if ever fix anything correctly while service departments are awful. I can't say with enough vehemence how wretched VWs are.

Buy a VW and expect to spend time and money on weird repairs.

In my 2 years with a brand new VW I had it in for engine failure, several times for electrical problems, it was recalled for bad brakes, the window regulators had to get fixed, the AC stank and several interior trim pieces broke.
    yes i know but still vw cars are gooder
    yes i know but still vw cars are gooder

Gooder? Not sure what that means. Regardless, VW quite often ranks near korean makes for reliability. They're not better cars than Mazdas. Not by a long, long, long shot. I don't own a Mazda currently, but I'll buy another one in a heartbeat. VW? Man it'd have to be amazing for me to put up with monthly trips for service again.
    You mean better I assume?

And IF this is what you're trying to say, tell us **HOW** VWs are "gooder" or compared to what are they "gooder"?

"Gooder" reliability, driving dynamics, driving fun, acceleration, braking, cornering, styling, interior fit and finish, pricing-wise, value-wise???

I'm curious. Maybe I don't know something you do. So please, enlighten us.

Dinu
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    This is the wrong discussion.

We are talking about Prices Paid and Buying Experiences regarding the Mazda6 here.

The search tools on the left side of the page will help you find appropriate discussions to continut this conversation.
    Yes, back on topic :)

Dinu
  • khy1316khy1316 Member Posts: 2
    I had my eyes on a yellow 6 with V6, manual, and the sport package. I test drove the 6, Accord Coupe V6 manual, Altima, and Maxima. Hated the Nissans. The 6 and Accord had what I was looking for, but due to 6's lower price was my first chose. Offered the dealer (Mazda in Austin Texas, both are owned by same dealership) 4% over invoice and 3K for trade in. First they offered to sell a version without sport package to my offer and only $1250 for my car, and when I insisted on the sport package they initially said MSRP. I rejected and they lower by $500. This went on two more time. After two hrs I was fed up so left. In my car, starting the engine, the sales guy runs out with someone trailing. The second guys acts like his inspecting my car (by the way all he did was look at the front) whisper something to saleguy. The saleguy said that was the manager and the final was $13,500 for car with $2600 for trade in. Its a great offer but I was sick of these guys and left. Next day went to Honda dealer who's right around the corner from the Mazda. Offered them 4% over invoice and $2600 for my car. The salesguy left return less than a minute and said I bought the car. No fuss even though this was the only V6 with M6 tranny they had. This was such a great experience they now have a customer for life.