Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• physastphysast Member Posts: 8
    I bought my 2004 about two weeks ago. It's a not the type s but does have leather. I got it for 19,500 before tax tag and title. ~21,000 after all the fees.. I barganed the 2005, but I think I could have gotten a better price if I wasn't so excited about it..
  • cota99cota99 Member Posts: 28
    According to Intellichoice.com, the RSX has a worse than average value rating. Do RSX owners agree with this? How do they come to these types of conclusions?
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    More than average cost to insure certainly increases the costs over time and therefore decreases "value". Personally I would say the value of the RSX is not monetary but sensual! :-)

Having said that, I have never owned a car new that depreciated more slowly than the RSX, so that is worth something...

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• byumbyum Member Posts: 13
    Just got quoted $18880 for an 2005 RSX, 5-speed, Cloth. Any comments on this price?
    about $100 LESS than I paid for the same car (2004 of course) in February this year. And I didn't notice, but I am sure the sticker price of the car rose a few hundred $$ for the remodeled '05, right? So I would say take it! But that is just me.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• byumbyum Member Posts: 13
    Thank you for your input. Consensus around me tell me the same thing. I might just lease it cause I was told the price was same for purchase or lease.
  • digionedigione Member Posts: 1
    To acuragirl,

$21000? Now they are offering invoice 20765 + 10% OTD inclusive of tax,license,registration.2.9% financing too until Jan,5,05, go to Hondafinancial website special offers.Good luck!
  • amandagsramandagsr Member Posts: 8
    When I bought my 05 Type S about a month and a half ago (23000 before tax and tags) I saw the new RL...and it is GORGEOUS!
  • c6corvettec6corvette Member Posts: 7
    "digione" What do you mean by "...invoice $20765 + 10% OTD inclusive of tax, lic., & registration with 2.9% financing"?

What is 10% OTD mean?

Any dealers reading this, and want to sell me an RSX and a TL at or near invoice, send me an email at Red02Firehawk@sbcglobal.net ASAP as we are going to pick out a color tomorrow.

I would like to take advantage of any incentives you might have in month of December. OF course, if I can get both at invoice, I would expect nothing more. I would be willing to finance the TL for a 48 month term, with the intent to pay it off within 12 months, if that helps you receive additional incentives.

Thanks,

JC
  • c6corvettec6corvette Member Posts: 7
    What options were on the RSX Type S Acura, and how much over invoice was this, "amandagsr"?

Thanks,

JC
  • leonine99leonine99 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I'm looking at the special lease programs that AHF is running for the 2005 RSX's - $199/mo for the base and $229 for the Type-S....I've never leased before, and as far as I can see, my best leverage is to get the price (cap cost) down as low as possible. Anyone have any tips on this? I've already got online approval from AHF for $21K ( I guess a 740 FICO helps!)Thanks...!
  • amandagsramandagsr Member Posts: 8
    I pretty much just got the Type S with all it's standard features...like the 17" wheels, moonroof, leather, better stereo (and it is better), spoiler, alarm, all the usual things. I ended up getting the splash guards afterwards which I would recommend getting if you enjoy driving a clean car as much as I do. The MSRP was 23570 so I really probably could've talked them down more than I had but I was too excited :) I absolutely love this car!
  • leonine99leonine99 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm trying to lease an RSX Type S, and the dealer offered a selling price (cap. cost) of $22,758, saying that was $700 over invoice.....in checking The Edmunds info its more like $1300 over invoice....anyone know the real numbers? Thanks.
  • ag127ag127 Member Posts: 5
    i'm in the los angeles area, was quoted 22,340 for an rsx type s (not including tax, license, etc). is this a good price?

thanks so much. this is my first post, but i've been reading your comments for awhile. very, very helpful...
  • mher916mher916 Member Posts: 6
    I got a 2005 RSX type S (white pearl) with trunk tray, wheel locks, underbody kit and A-spec spoiler for $24195 before tax & lics fee/docs....think that's a good price? I did some shopping around for just the vehicle and everything on it except the A-spec spoiler and the best price that I was able to get was $23500, adding the spoiler was additional $700. A sales guy told me the with the underbody kit along with the vehicle for $23500 is a pretty good deal although he couldn't give me that price. Now what does everyone think about it? I put no money down and my payments for 60 mos is about $480. So..what does everyone think? Think I got ripped off??
    no, not ripped off!

This is a great car, worth sticker I would say (not that I would pay sticker, just on principle). So anything less than sticker can't be a rip-off. :-)

Okay, so I thought I was gonna get my car for $24195 but the dealer lagged on getting the car together so I got another offer from another dealer: the exact same vehicle w/ underbody kit and A-spec spoiler for $23900 (before tags. I guess I can't really argue with that amount. I think it was a fair price.
  • timkim1timkim1 Member Posts: 3
    HEY...I AM PLANNING ON GETTING A RSX AUTO W/ LEATHER 05...I WAS WONDERING WHAT A GOOD DEAL ON THAT WOULD BE INCLUDING TAX AND SUCH...I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WOULD KNOW...ALSO...IM NOT SURE WHAT COLOR I SHOULD GET...IT'S BETWEEN A RED ONE AND A BLACK ONE

IF I GET THE RED...IMA ADD A CARBON FIBER HOOD AND RED UNDERGLOW LIGHTS

IF I GET THE BLACK...IMA JUST ADD THE RED UNDERGLOW LIGHTS

PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THE PRICE AND CHOOSING...THANKS!!!!
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Please do not type in ALL CAPS - it is the same as yelling at us. We can hear you just fine.
    hey, i heard taht a new rsx was coming out in 2006. i was wondering if that was true, or if anyone else had heard anything about it. please let me know
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You can speculate with other enthusiasts in our regular Acura RSX discussion. Let's reserve this one for pricing & purchasing experience only.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• richardbb85richardbb85 Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to buy a black Type-S in about 2 weeks. What are some of you guys payin for just the standard Type-S?
  • brandi20brandi20 Member Posts: 20
    i want to purchase a 2005 acura rsx, auto with leather and a moonroof and also spoiler. what would be the best price for this?? also can you get the sound system from the type S installed into the auto one??? just wondering! thanks in advance.
    You should start by building your car on our New Cars page. You'll get the MSRP and the invoice price of your vehicle, plus the TMV - the average price that other buyers in your area have paid.

It's important to know in which area of the country you're shopping, as prices vary from region to region.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

i am shopping in clearwater/tampa, florida area.
  • carshopper22carshopper22 Member Posts: 3
    is $275 per month before taxes, w/ 500 driveoff, 12k, 36 months lease for 05 RSX Auto Cloth a fair deal?

thanks.
    Acura is currently running a promotional lease on the RSX, auto or manual, for $2500 down and $199/mo + taxes for a 3-year lease, 12K per year. So your price sounds high. At $500 down that same lease should be around $239/mo, maybe $249 at the outside.

You are in the ball park though. And I should probably add that since today is 2/1, it is just possible that the promo ended yesterday - they have been running it all through January, and even before that I think.

i got quoted a lease deal of 4000 down and 233 a month for a 2005 acura rsx, leather and automatic, spoiler. is this a good deal or could i do better?
    that is the 3 year 36000 mile lease btw.
    Please don't put $4000 down on a lease. You'd be better off putting that $4K in a bank account and making payments out of that account. Why?

Let's say you drive the vehicle away and it gets totalled or stolen the next month. The insurance will pay off the finance company, but will NOT reimburse your $4000. Your $4k is GONE. Now you need another car, and you don't have $4k for a downpayment.

The money down on a lease does nothing but reduce your payments. Most members here will recommend, as I mentioned, that you put that $4K aside and use it to help make your lease payments. We recommend putting as little $ down as possible - security deposit, fees, and first month's payment only.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• jjc1jjc1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, just wanna give you guys an idea. I just bought a type-S. window sticker of $24,140. I got the deal for $21,300(before tax and doc fee). I am in Boston area.
    I think that is a good price. Mine was $23,900 w/ oem kit & wing (part of the a-spec package)so I don't really know if mine was a good deal or not. I live in Calfornia so I figure the prices here are a little higher than Boston???
  • cc12359cc12359 Member Posts: 31
    Hi all, this is the deal I've got. Is it good?
    $555.26 Total due at signing
    36 months @ 291.80 with tax 12k/year

$569.45 Total due at signing
    36 months @ 305.99 with tax 15k/year

Type S
  • leofoxleofox Member Posts: 1
    I am getting an offer from a dealerfor RSX 2002 base model cloth, manual for 15K before taxes etc. However the car was bought in 05/2003 by the previous owner. The car is in excellent condition. Could you tell me if the price is OK?

Thanks
    You might try our Real-World Trade-In Values discussion, since most members are focused on new vehicle purchases in this topic.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• feeneyheadfeeneyhead Member Posts: 2
    Hey ... I'm in the Boston area and looking at a RSX/RSX-S ... where did you pay 21,300 for a type-S??? Thanks in advance!
  • boston14boston14 Member Posts: 111
    How is this for a lease deal?

0 down
    36 months at 307.00

12,200 residual

5,000 cashback when I trade in my 01 Focus ZX3 with 24k on it and the usual options.

This is for the RSX with leather 5 speed
  • frescagodfrescagod Member Posts: 6
    i test drove an '05 and didn't really notice much of a difference. the seats were a bit more comfortable, but the '02-04 seats already are nice as it is. the '05 speedometer/tach are uglier in my opinion, but the suspension seemed to be better. i dunno, i'm glad i got the '04 at that price. i don't really like the redesign anyway.
  • zak_autozak_auto Member Posts: 19
    I got my 2003 RSX Type-S with spoiler, brand new, for $22,400 at Acura of Boston. I had no trade and $1000 down. I was able to get a 3% rate on my pre-approved loan so I didn't bother with a larger down payment. I always get a loan approved before I go to the dealer so we only talk price, no financing. I asked for the same price from Acura of Auburn and the salesman laughed at me and told me 'good luck getting it at that price'. I went to Acura of Boston after that insult. I love the car. It's my 2nd Acura.
    now has an ad running that expires at month's end: $149/month for base models with cloth only. Down payment is a whopping $4000 or so. But I bet that with a bit of numbers-juggling the same lease would be around $249/month with nothing down. Not too bad.

fresca: I actually like the look of the gauges better on the '05, but prefer the exterior looks of my '04, so I am glad I got mine when I did, too! :-)

• feeneyheadfeeneyhead Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up a 2005 RSX this week from Clair Acura in Walpole, MA -- they made the whole process painless. Great sales people and the easiest car buying experience I've ever had!!! Got a 2005 RSX for $19,200
  • mikeodmikeod Member Posts: 5
    Please let me know what you think of pricing.

New Jersey pricing;

$310/month
    15 k miles
    36 months
    1500 down - 1st month plus fees
    24,240 - msrp
    23,200 - price
    56% residual
  • cking1cking1 Member Posts: 1
    In Baltimore MD

Purchased an RSX Auto w/leather. Options; trunk spoiler, fog lights, mud guards(a must), wheel locks, door edge guards, & sunroof visor. $23,555 on the road..tax and tags incl. Added a $495 alarm system later. Prices tend to be demographic. I would not pay over $24k all said and done. Keep in mind that most of the above options are dealer installed and will sustain an installation charge.
  • adp_typesadp_types Member Posts: 1
    Heck yeah! I just leased an '05 Type S and I pay $368/mo with 15K, 36 months. Sounds like a good deal!
  • natenj1971natenj1971 Member Posts: 174
    Hi,

Any recommended NJ dealers in the NNJ area? How about pricing for an RSX with leather auto and 5 sp?

Thanks for any info.
    you should have tried to get them to honor the 229$ a month lease that they have offered in the past, you might have gotten at least 270$. but anyways, congradulations!
  • gariettafgariettaf Member Posts: 3
    Hey,
    After some vigorous internet nego, i got my 2005 RSX-S at $21500 at Santa Monica Acura. The best offer I got was 21400, but I didn't want to drive down the Van Nuys. Total OTD cost 23100 with all the fees and taxes and stuff. I would highly recommend Santa Monica. No high pressure, everyone was very nice, and no funny business on the contract.

GFalls
    I love the new 17" rims for the '05 S! Hope you are LOVING it so far! (I wouldn't have endured 20 miles on the 405 to save $100 either!).

That's about 15% off sticker, right? Good price.

This discussion has been closed.