Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jbell67jbell67 Member Posts: 3
    hello!

i am interested in leasing a 2006, RSX Acura, automatic, leather interior.

i understand that the dealer invoice is $21,030. how far should i push for a good price? the last quote is $21,599. but i don't know what the money factor is...yet. and i have not seen monthly payments.

is this a good deal? should i push for something closer to dealer invoice?

what do you think the residual value should be...for a 36 month lease...15k miles a year?

also...is the money factor still at .0086?

thanks so much!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi baggio10. I'd be happy to share my thoughts on this deal with you. It would be helpful though if you were able to provide me with this car's full MSRP (with the destination charge added in). This will enable me to see how much of a discount you are being given and to use Honda Finance's actual lease program for this car to estimate what your lease payment should be.

For now, I can tell you that the money factor that you were quoted looks a little high to me. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for the 2006 RSX is .00104 for consumers who pay a security deposit and qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier (have a credit score of 710 or higher).

Also, I notice that you are considering making a $2,500 down payment on this car. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your RSX would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $2,500 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Anyhow, let me know what the MSRP is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hello jbell67. I believe that the $500 or so over dealer invoice that you were quoted for this car is a reasonable price. Still, you may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently: "Acura RSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year of a base 2006 Acura RSX are .00104 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • snailsnail Member Posts: 7
    Car_man

Do you know what the current money factor and residual value for a 2006 RSX with leather for a 36month lease with 12k
  • jamesrwjamesrw Member Posts: 1
    I called up the finance depart at Lindsay Acura in Columbus, OH and got some quick figures.

$219 mo. / $2738 down

I don't like the sound of that down payment, anyway, what do you think about the deal having read the Honda Finance Information?
  • harrybush00harrybush00 Member Posts: 76
    I don't know about the '06 VW GTI, but I can't imagine it not having any problems. It's a friggin VW made in Brazil. If reliability is a concern, I wouldn't get the GTI. Performance-wise, the GTI will blow the tires off the base RSX AT, so it just depends on what you want.
  • skantor8885skantor8885 Member Posts: 8
    Ok i was driving by an Acura dealer and found a car that intrested me. I researched it a bit and found it was a certified used 02 auto RSX with 7149 miles on it. It is the color im looking for, seems to be in decent shape but i have only seen it while the dealership was closed due to my schedule. It seems like this is the perfect car to replace my dying 95 integra, but they are asking $18995. I have never bought from a dealership before, i am a 21 year old student, and i really want the car. KBB is $17,171 and Edmunds is about $18850. I can most likely come up with $17000 or $17500 in cash but then i wouldnt be able to finance anything at all. So how do i go about this?
    Hi jamesrw. Consumers are free to lease any vehicle that they want without making any sort of down payment. In fact, it is in your best interest as a consumer not to put any money down when leasing. One of the main reasons why this is the case is if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen, your down payment essentially disappears. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but it would be a big help if you would provide me with this car's full MSRP and selling price. this information will show me how much of a discount you are being given and will enable me to estimate what your car's lease payment should be using Honda Finance's actual lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, snail. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura RSX (not the Type-S), through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00104 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    $19K, they will take $18K with just a bit of wrangling, and you have the car's age on your side (that thing was $22K STICKER brand new, and they weren't going for sticker at the time). I am sure you could get them down to $17,5 with enough persuasion - you show them you are ready to buy right then - they like that.

Thing is, there will still be taxes and fees of probably another $1500 or so depending on your state. How will you pay those?

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• stan229stan229 Member Posts: 6
    so, since the RSX will be going extinct soon.. are there any special lease deals like there usually is with late model cars? since the RSX is going into the same situation. I am currently lookin to lease a RSX Automatic Base with 0down,36months, 12k miles. my credit score is over 750. What payments should i be expecting? I spoke with a local dealer and he told me he can do the RSX 5AT with leather for 249.89, which I believe he could go down a bit on. So what should I be expecting?
    Hi stan229. Acura really has not made much in the way of changes to the RSX lease program in a while. It seems as though it decided to cut back on RSX production rather than to provide any additional support on it. The dealers that I have been at do not have many of them in stock. The exact lease payment for the RSX that you are considering will depend upon its full MSRP and selling price. If you provide me with these numbers I would be happy to use Acura's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment will be. You can find the MSRP by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for the RSX that you want by visiting the following discussion: "Acura RSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • saluki00saluki00 Member Posts: 1
    Can you provide the numbers for a type-s 36 and 24 month lease and 12K miles. Also what is your recommendation on 24 vs 36 month?
  • acuragurlx3acuragurlx3 Member Posts: 5
    i was told that the audio system was alpine? i have an 06 RSX base model :confuse: ">
  • michiganmanmichiganman Member Posts: 65
    Acuragurl,

The Type-S audio system is Blows, err, I mean Bose... :) My 02 RSX Base stock system had a Clarion headunit and Panasonic speakers (both long since replaced).

I don't know if they changed the components for other model years, so I suppose it's possible yours is different (would be extremely surprised if Acura sprung for Alpine though, heh).

Hope this helps.
    Honda anted up for Alpine. No way.

I have seen the stereo in the '06, looks exactly the same as my '04. Which is the Clarion/Panasonic combo mentioned above.

It's kind of funny, Honda puts top-notch stereos in so many of its models, and all of the Acuras, yet puts this bargain basement pile in the RSX.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

yea im not all that worried about it my dealer when i asked him what is in it hes like 'SSHHHHH but its alpine" i should take it back on fraudulent info LOL umm i like my system i put in it a new (from my old honda) deck and 2 10' subs with 1600 watts pushing, all of it rockford fosgate and now absolutly no trunk but it sounds awsome even with the factory speakers in it :) :P ;) :shades:
    Yes that does suck but my moms 06 monte carlos sound system isn't even half as loud as my factory RSX one is?? so go figure LOL :)
  • sunnyrodeosunnyrodeo Member Posts: 9
    i hear the deck is the problem.

I hear the speakers are good but the deck just cant performa s good as the speakers. before u go chnge everthing just change the deck first then see how it sounds. If its still not good then u can get speakers
    I sure can, saluki00. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura RSX (not the Type-S) through Honda Finance right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00104 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00104 and 57%, respectively. You definitely will get a lower lease payment by going with a 36 month lease. That's the way that I would go if I was in the market for this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • 2fast4me2fast4me Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_Man...

What are the numbers for a Type-S this month?? Thanks!!
  • tnitctnitc Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Can someone tell me if this is a good price for a base RSX with cloth and rear wing spoiler

Base price : 18900 (apprx invoice + 350)
    Spoiler : 416
    Floor mats : 65

I have this deal from a dealer in NJ but can i expect to go any lower if i shop around?

thanks
  • nileshdnileshd Member Posts: 7
    Did anyone buy RSX automatic with leather interior recently? If you have, can you share the prices you paid for the car. Also, I would appreciate if you could post your good / bad experiences with the dealerships if you are in Bay Area.

Thanks !!!
    Hey 2fast4me. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00104 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • violisaviolisa Member Posts: 2
    I think that's a GREAT price. This car is becoming harder to find because Acura is discontinuing the whole RSX line after 2006 and replacing it with a coupe next year--no more hatchbacks :cry: The only dealer in my area (Seattle) that has any RSXs right now is charging asking 20,600 for it (and that's with NO spoiler!) Other dealers in my area are out of stock. It's very annoying. I think I'll be able to haggle him down a few hundred, but I doubt I'll be able to even get to 19,600.
  • violisaviolisa Member Posts: 2
    Oops, I forgot to mention that the $20,600 quote I got included fog lamps, trunk tray, splash guards, and door trim ($577 worth of accessories).
  • sixkillernycsixkillernyc Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at possibly getting a new 2006 RSX Automatic w/Leather. I've been quoted 21,631 by a local dealer, which is just a smidge over the Edmunds TMV.

This is in the NYC area. Can anyone offer any advice? Should I be asking from some of the frills (most of which I'd never pay for) as a bonus here?

Thanks for any help
  • keith21keith21 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_Man,

I am preparing info for a 36 month/12,000 miles per yearlease and wanted to ask if you knew the July 2006 Money Factor and residual numbers for the 2006 Acura RSX Type S (36 months/12k miles). Also, do you think I would be better waiting until August to lease the vehicle? Also do you know the WHOLE percentage? I believe thats what they call it.

Thanks for the help,
    Keith

PS- This site is awesome & informative!
  • nileshdnileshd Member Posts: 7
    I bought my Acura RSX automatic with leather interior a month back for 20800 without any optional equipment in Bay area (This was around 300 less than Edmunds invoice) and I think I have got a decent deal.

I am planning to put dual Kicker subwoofers (http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-Dual-12-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Package-DCVR1- 2-/sem/rpsm/oid/117529/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do) with the audio system that comes with Acura (this is not Bose system) Has anyone put those kind of subwoofers with Acura Audio System? Any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Thanks !!!
  • cheddarstickscheddarsticks Member Posts: 1
    dridmang, We are having problems with our 2006 RSX. We purchased in it in Nov. 2005. There is a popping/knocking noise in the right front strut. We have had it into the dealer 5 times for the same noise and they are unable to fix it. We are now trying to use our Lemon Law rights to replace the car. We purchased it in Gerogia. They can't fix the car because is it has a nonconformity that they are not recalling. Also, FYI they have discontinued the manufacturing of both ACURA coupes, RSX & NSX!
  • chungp2chungp2 Member Posts: 1
    Hey all, I am going to pick up my RSX Type S tomorrow. I got price quotes from a number of different dealerships around my area online. Once I got that info, i started calling them one-by-one to see if they could beat the best price quote that I got. I did this until dealerships started dropping out of the price war. It ultimately came down to 2 dealerships. Both dealerships gave quotes of $23,047 (Invoice = $22,369, MSRP = $24,460). I thought those prices were pretty decent, so I just went to the dealership that was closest to me. The other dealership then gave me a call about 2 hours before I was to go put down my deposit, and offered the car @ $22,890 ($521 above invoice). At that point, I gave the other dealership a call to tell them of the new price, and surprisingly, they dropped out. So I am taking the car for $22,890. What do you guys/girls think of the price?
    Thanks Keith. I'm glad that you enjoy this site so much. Here's the info that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura RSX-S through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00132 and 60%, respectively. It is difficult to say whether Acura's August lease program for this model will be more attractive than its current one. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that it will probably be about the same, but again it is difficult to say for certain. I'm not sure what you mean by the "WHOLE percentage." I could be wise and say 100% ;), but instead I'll ask you to elaborate on what you mean.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • aschmittyaschmitty Member Posts: 5
    I'm thinking about leasing a new 2006 RSX Type S for 36 months & 12,000 miles/year in the Chicagoland area. I've receieved a quote of $284/month with $2,000 total due at signing. The $2,000 includes all taxes & fees - no security deposit or disposition fee. We have leased with this dealer before so maybe that has affected the price a little. How does it sound?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Taxes are pretty high in Illinois on leases... If that includes everything, it sounds like a great deal.. The car has an MSRP of around $25K, right?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• aschmittyaschmitty Member Posts: 5
    Yea...you pay taxes on entire price of the car, not just leased portion. MSRP is $24,490. A final due at signing is $2,500, including first month pmt and other fees. We're taking the $284/month to other dealerships and seeing if they will beat it. We've been getting prices in the $350/month range for normal RSX's (not type S) and Scion tc, so we think this is a pretty good deal for a better car.
  • blockermblockerm Member Posts: 3
    I am currently looking to lease a Type S on July 31st. The dealer quoted a money factor of .00132 and a residual of 0.57 for a 36 month/ 12k miles a year. Does this match what others are getting?
  • tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    Car Man - you are awesome

Can you check the August Finance rates through Honda Finance.

Looking for residuals for an RSX- Type S.
    (3 yr / 15k lease) and a (4yr / 12k mile lease)

Thanks!
    Hello blockerm. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit is .00132, just like you were quoted. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your car's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. The residual value that you were quoted is on the money as well. This lease program is scheduled to run through September 5th.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks tbenson81 :blush: . Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2006 RSX Type-S are .00132 and 58%, respectively. This factor assumes that you qualify for Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. You definitely should not lease this car for any longer than 36 months. That is the longest term that Acura's special money factors for it are available for. If you were to lease it for 48 months, its money factor would jump all the way to .00283.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • raniacraniac Member Posts: 2
    Im planning on buying a 2006 RSX Auto w/ Leather. I live in orange county, California. What is a good price range that I should be paying for this car?

I've already contacted several dealers and I've heard from $20,740 to $500 under invoice ( which I doubt he'll keep his word)

Should I be thinking of a low price since the RSX is being discontinued and by October 06 RSX's will be a used car that wont sell in their inventory?
  • jbell67jbell67 Member Posts: 3
    hello!

i am interested in the RSX-S lease. 36 month. 15,000.
    i read in a previous posting that the tae lease and money factor was .00132 and 58% respectively. are they still at these rates?
    also, what do you think about the car being discontinued? is this wise, to lease this car? i like it a lot, and it is a good value for what you get...and compared to other cars in this class and price range...i think it is a great deal. what do you think?

also...one last question. what should i ask for, MSRP? $500 over dealer invoice? do you know current dealer invoice?
  • albertyalberty Member Posts: 1
    I want to thank people of this site because when I leased my Acura TSX this year, I was able to use information from this site to negotiate a good deal.

My girlfriend is in the market for a new car and really likes the RSX. She's a PhD student so money is somewhat tight. We realize that a 48 month lease might have a poor MF but we're looking for a lower monthly payment.

If someone could supply the MF and residuals for the month for September, we would be very thankful.
  • bedibedi Member Posts: 6
    Last week dealers gave quotes as low $22,000, today the quotes are around $24,000 - with the statement that this is the end of RSX-S and the remaining cars are few. The leasing incentive was also removed this week. This was week for me buy, so both changes were like death blows to my intention. My remaining hope is that there with be a swing back before the end.
    Hello jbell67. Unfortunately, with its new September lease program Acura stopped providing lease support on the RSX. As a result, if you were to lease one through Honda Finance now you would have to use its standard lease program, which is much worse than the special program that was available on the RSX in August. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 RSX-S with 15,000 miles per year are .00283 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this model right now, but I suspect that most dealers would be happy to blow out any remaining '06 RSX models that they have at fairly close to dealer invoice. You can look up the dealer invoice of the model that you want by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - Acura Pricing. In general, there's nothing wrong with leasing a model that will be discontinued but this car's lease program is so bad that there are probably a number of better vehicles for the money out there right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, alberty. I'm glad to hear that you got a good deal on your TSX. Unfortunately, Acura's lease program for the RSX is not very attractive right now. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2006 RSX with 12,000 miles per year are .00283 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00283 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • pink_scarepink_scare Member Posts: 1
    I bought an RSX Type-S this week. The fact that they are discontinuing the model definitely drove the price up. I was looking at the base model and test drove the last manual transmission left at dealerships in my state. When I returned from the test drive, the car was immediately handed over to the guy who had just bought it! So I ended up with a Type-S. I was quoted MSRP of $24500 from two dealerships in town, ended up agreeing to $23900, but I didn't argue much. It's hard to argue when they point out that this is it, and if I don't pay for it, someone else will. I'm happy with my price.
  • commissionercommissioner Member Posts: 3
    Bought a red Type S in July. Love the car, but leave it to a car salesman to make it a bad experience. I ended up paying $23,250 plus tax and license.
    Westmont (IL) Acura salesman originally told me $23K when I was there. I left and emailed him back that after thinking about it $23K was fine...now add tax, title and license and give me the total. That turned out to be $25,200. I didn't think anything of it. Then I go with the check to p/u the car and I notice the price of the car on the paperwork is $23,400, plus tax, title and license. Salesman is pissed off because he says we agreed on the phone to a total price of $25,200. Yeah, we did, with him misleading me to believe that tax, title and license came to $2,200 instead of about $1,800. I tell him we agreed on 23K plus tax, title and license, and there was no way I was going over $23,250 on the price of the car. At one point he warned me that I wouldn never find another red Type S, because they're really hard to find. I almost walked out anyway I was so pissed.
    Anyway, he goes and talks to the boss and comes back with $23,250, which, at the time, is what Edmunds says was the average price in my neighborhood. What this dealership was trying to pull is probably pretty standard stuff. Just make sure that--after you agree on a price for the car--you check their math on all the other stuff. In the end I'm sitting there with a check for $15K and they weren't about to let me walk out the door.
    Love the car though. I've heard people say that the stereo is kind of crappy, and I'd go along with that. Hell, the stereo in my '98 Malibou sounded better. Then again, the stero ain't why I bought the car.
  • zbird213zbird213 Member Posts: 2
    Now that Acura has stopped making the RSX I'm wondering when the best time to buy an 06 type S would be. There are about 20 of them at dealerships in my area. Does anyone know when Acura dealers really start to clear their lots for next year's models? I know some places really like to start pushing 07 models in October, so late September might be a good time to buy, but I'm not sure if this is the case with Acura. Any thoughts?
    But this model is not being supplanted by the '07s, it is being dropped! So the usual rules do not apply.

RSXs have stopped shipping to dealers, so what is out there is the largest selection of new RSXs that will ever exist again. American Honda has removed all incentives for this model, and the last few will sell without the dealers having to try too hard. And they know that, so the hot summer deals have passed into history along with the Labor Day weekend.

Thing is, demand for this model was always steady, even this year, so they won't have to beg people to buy the last few of these great cars, and even so they will be gone well before New Years. Strike now while the iron is hot and the selection of colors and whatnot is still pretty good. At least, that would be my recommendation.

• bf109acebf109ace Member Posts: 77
    I ever looked at the RSX Type-S and test drove it. What a disappointment! Sorry. It has 200hp but I didn't feel I have much passing power at around 70-80mph on freeway. The communication between road and drive is not as good as the old Integra Type-R.

For $23K, I would look at the Audi A3 or Subura WRX. Reliability wise, Acura maybe better than both but I just get with the humble low-end torque with the RSX.

I still want a car from Acura but not RSX nor TSX (over-priced comparing with A4 or 328i) or TL (too big/heavy). Re-introduce the Type-R with a bigger engine - 2.6-2.8 or better yet the new turbo (for RDX) with RWD. Even the Lexus has the IS250/350 with RWD. Why cannot Acura do it for better performance/handling? :confuse:
This discussion has been closed.