Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• i30rlsi30rls Member Posts: 28
    Hey, welldone, looks like you did your research.

The Sports edition that I purchased came with the following

17" Alloy Wheels W/P265/65r17 Tires
    o Tonneau Cover
    o Black Roof Rack And Cross Bars
    o Rr Spoiler W/Center High Mounted Stop Lamp
    o Daytime Running Lights
    o Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof W/Sunshade
    and some other extra options that are standard on the Sport...

and I ended up paying $30,400+tax.

However, you are listing some standard options that all of them come with and some extra ones. Some options like rental reimbursement can come with your insurance, I have it with Geico, but I think it sounds like they are throwing in one of those Toyota extra warranty coverages and that is always up to you if you want to get it, you can probably negotiate not to have it. In anyway, I think the price is reasonable since the estimated cost on edmunds and cars.com comes out more. I think you should go for it if it is not a used or a test drive car. Check Toyota website and see what standard options Toyota comes with, so they don't throw in standard options into the same pool as extra options you paying extra for. If it looks standard, then you may want to point out to them and see if you can negotiate more. But I also think that if you exhausted all the dealers in the area, then go with the best deal. Also, listen to your gut feeling. If it feels like it's a good deal, then it is a good deal.
  • welldonewelldone Member Posts: 15
    Hi i30rls,

Thanks for your encouragement, I appreciate your help. I came to an end finally. I went to the dealership today and purchased that vehicle because I exhausted looking around and there was no other availability in terms of the color and interior we were looking for. So, I paid $32020, $4200 off MSRP (no dealer add-ons, it is the sticker) with 0% financing, I opted out $2000 rebate for the financing. I checked the sticker for factory installed and port installed options. The milage was low, 65 and I put 8 more miles on it while test driving. The leather interior, nightvision mirror and receiver hitch were port installed options. There was no dealer installed options, so, no DSRP (dealer suggested retail price or the rip-off sticker). We negotiated down directly from the MSRP. I think it was an average deal I got in the end. But, this forum really helped me a lot. So, for me it is a good deal, I am happy, I joined the club!

Thanks,
    Hey, welldone

Congratulations on your purchase!

I think in the end, as long as you did your research and negotiations, you should be better off than someone who doesn't do research or not aware of the game dealers play.
  • seraanseraan Member Posts: 5
    I just picked up a Silver 4runner 4X4, MSRP 31.894, and my
    price was 26500 (not including tax, title). I had a trade in and got decent price on it. I went to New Jersey for it because in my area, Westchester, some dealers had no more 07 or with loaded with stuff I don't need and getting the color was not easy either. I'm very happy with it (this is my second 4Runner), just traded an impreza and I will never look back.
    Options on it: (I think it was the option 'A' at toyota.com)
    17" wheels
    roof rack
    50 state emission
    daytime running lights
    leather wrapped steering wheel
    tow hitch
    I dont need anything else, maybe better tires,
    And let it snow, let it snow..
  • ty2007ty2007 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if there is 2007 4runner Toyota incentive in November? Thanks!
  • sdd6723sdd6723 Member Posts: 1
    Hey all, thinking about purchasing a limited 4runner, silver, 4wd, v6, '08 with options of FE, RF, TO, QV, EJ, NH

was quoted 34,500 including destination charge

is this a good deal, i feel like it is, let me know
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    8000 off a 07 40000 4 runner was an ok deal when supplies were there in september. I would guess 4000-5000 off an 08 would be ok now. Personally with the way these machines depreciate 1st year I would want more off. Also work on the financing as there is a lot of money there.

Good luck
    --jjf

Hey all, thinking about purchasing a limited 4runner, silver, 4wd, v6, '08 with options of FE, RF, TO, QV, EJ, NH

was quoted 34,500 including destination charge

is this a good deal, i feel like it is, let me know
  • 05rubisahara05rubisahara Member Posts: 25
    I suppose I must be the only one on the East coast that wants a Limited with NAV and rear DVD for grandson to watch. Whenever I do a search for the above, no dealer has one. As a matter of fact, according to Toyota's website, both NAV and DVD are available on the Limited but if you use the "build your Toyota" option, nowhere does it even show the DVD or a price. However, if you use the TMD option on Edmunds, you can price the truck with both. What gives? Am I missing something?
  • dhnsxdhnsx Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know if there are "left-over" 07 deals in the Seattle area or in general? I'm tryin' to pick one up this weekend/soon. thanks in advance guys!
  • tsu670tsu670 Member Posts: 293
    Twin Cities area. Options included Nav (NV), Value Package (QV: sunroof, rear spoiler, X-REAS suspension), Daytime Running Lamps (RL), Weight Carrying Tow Hitch and Ball Mount Kit (TO) and Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Tray & Cover (CF). Sticker including destination of $685: $42,299. Less QV package discount of $1,085 equals total sticker of $41214. $1,000 factory rebate effective 11/01/2007. Purchased on 11/05/2007 for $36573 plus tax/lic. Used Costco program which included a very large discount on extended warranty, so took advantage of that, too. Also purchased prepaid maintenance plan to save on those pesky expensive every third scheduled maintenance charges. Costco gave us a $50 coupon towards parts or service at dealer. That went towards custom 4Runner all-weather floor mats, normally $97. Perhaps not the best deal, but certainly not the worst.
  • kenordkenord Member Posts: 1
    I've got a quote on a new 2007 at a dealers lot for $30,999 that includes a $2000 rebate. For my zip code the Edmunds TMV is $33,366, cars.com smart target price is $33,495 and carsdirect.com says $31,366 (includes rebate). Options as follows:

V6
    auto dimming rear view mirror
    JBL Stereo
    double decker cargo system w/cargo net
    side and curtain airbags
    115V AC power point
    garage door opener/Homelink
    rear spoiler
    daytime running lights
    moonroof
    tow hitch and ball mount
    carpet floor mats/cargo
    VIP RS3200 alarm system
    alloy wheel locks
    Valor exhaust tip

Color is Galactic Gray which is not my favorite but I think this is a darn good price. The Consumer Reports dealer cost with options comes out to $30,026 including a dealer holdback figure of $645. Need to figure out if I can get the low financing or use my home equity LOC. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    You want 6500-8000 off msrp for a 33k ish leftover 07. This is exclusive of financing deals. Try to avoid using edmunds TMV and other "target" prices as they can be a joke for some cars, especially trucks. You can also use edmunds and others for free info on invoice and such.

Good Luck
    --jjf

I've got a quote on a new 2007 at a dealers lot for $30,999 that includes a $2000 rebate. For my zip code the Edmunds TMV is $33,366, cars.com smart target price is $33,495 and carsdirect.com says $31,366 (includes rebate). Options as follows:

V6
    auto dimming rear view mirror
    JBL Stereo
    double decker cargo system w/cargo net
    side and curtain airbags
    115V AC power point
    garage door opener/Homelink
    rear spoiler
    daytime running lights
    moonroof
    tow hitch and ball mount
    carpet floor mats/cargo
    VIP RS3200 alarm system
    alloy wheel locks
    Valor exhaust tip

Color is Galactic Gray which is not my favorite but I think this is a darn good price. The Consumer Reports dealer cost with options comes out to $30,026 including a dealer holdback figure of $645. Need to figure out if I can get the low financing or use my home equity LOC. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    Hey, Kenord
    That's a good price, but I think you should pick 0% - 1.9% financing if they still have the program instead of $2000 cash back...
    Toyota Financing is usually 6.5% which is worse in the long run than having $2000..
    See if you can use carbuyingtips.com in your negotiations. Good Luck
  • chill3chill3 Member Posts: 1
    08 V6 Sport Edition 4x4 with options RL, EJ, TO, QW, RF, SR, NJ, EC, CM, CF, SP, NE w/ $685 Freight. MSRP $35,286 plus tax & DMV & Tire Fee
    AutoLand.com: Invoice $31,559 (inc $685 freight), Sale price $31,859, 6 Year 100k warranty $100 ded added $1,079. OTD price $34,780. CarsDirect.com was $1,586 higher for same vehicle & warranty.
  • drealidreali Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 4Runner from Maita (Sacramento). I bought a 2007 SR5 4X4 V6 MSRP-$34,400. I wrote a check for $31,000 out the door. No trade in. I think I paid a fair price (according to Consumers Reports), it was at the lowest price to pay on their report. I did not purchase an extended warranty. Still debating. Did you? How much did you pay for your 4Runner? For the extended warranty?
    Hi, Danelleg

Back in Sept 07 I bought 4x4 V6 Sports Edition and it came out to be $30,499 that was the final price the manager went for, we brought him down from $35,000. We were offered extended warranty, which I took and paid another $1,300... I don't regret paying for it, gives me peace of mind. It is really up to you if you want to buy it.
  • allanf714allanf714 Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys,
    Looking to pick up a well equiped, 08 sport or limited by the end of December. Can anyone give me some guidance on what I can reasonably expect to negotiate off of sticker?

Thank You,
    Allan
  • tsu670tsu670 Member Posts: 293
    The bad news is the dollar has plummeted against the yen in the past 4 months (4Runners are 100% Japanese content and assembly). The good news is there seems to be a good supply of 4Runners out there. In our region, I think there's still a $1,000 rebate offered, so folks here look to pay invoice or maybe a little less than invoice.
  • marcrock1marcrock1 Member Posts: 7
    I just bought an 07 4-runner left over sport edition. I think I got a great deal. $29954 with leather, all options, hitch, sunroof etc. I am a little wary of the leather seats. The dealership put the leather in with the heated seats. Another saleperson, who had nothing to gain because I already bought the car, stated this leather was better because it was genuine leather and it is double stitched. The heating controls are on off switches with hi and low modes on the console. The seats get warm after awile but not hot. I drove a limited with leather and those seats didn't get very hot.

My questions are:
    SHould I be concerned with the quality of the aftermarket leather? (Just looking for peace of mind)
    And also, should the Toyota heated seats get hot and anyone with installed leather and heated seats having this problem?
    Hey, Marcrock1

That's a good price for sport edition with leather seats. They usually don't come with leather, I think you got a good deal with those. If I were you, I wouldn't be worried, besides, whatever they add is covered under their Toyota warranty, so if there is a problem, I am sure they can fix it.
  • 4runnerhappy4runnerhappy Member Posts: 2
    Hi I am going to be buying a new 08 4runner in the next few weeks I have got some prices but they still seem high. I live in florida here are the different dealer quotes.

2008 8664 - $34,013 OUT The Door with all tax and fees $30,769.
    another offer I got is $31,799 plus your tag and it is the correct color

Double Decker Cargo system
    115 Volt Power Outlet
    Power Seats
    Daytime Running Lights
    JBL 6 Disc System
    Garage Door Opener with Homelink
    Value Package (17" Alloys, Moonroof, Roof Rack, Tonneau Cover, Audio Controls on Steering Wheel, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob)
    Toyoguard Plus Protection Group

I went to a dealer after speaking with the internet department told me he could get me out the door at 25k with my trade, once I arrived the vehical that he could do this for me was (JUST SOLD) and the new price is 29K+.
    Thanks for the help
  • jojosimchajojosimcha Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know when the new 4runners will come out??? 2009, 2010, ??
  • plarkin1plarkin1 Member Posts: 1
    There is a 2007 4Runner Limited demo vehicle with 7700 miles. It is still a
    "new" car and was used by some Toyota regional manager. It is a Limited V8
    with Navigation, Restraint package, X-REAS, moonroof, glass breakage
    sensor and XM radio.

Invoice is $39560.

They are offering it to me for $37916 less $2000 incentive = $35,916.

They get that price by taking invoice and subtracting $2614 for "Company
    Car Discount," and $767 for Dealer Holdback and $383 for "Wholesale
    Financial Reserve."

I have no idea if this is a good deal or not.

7700 miles seems like a lot.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    That sounds like a good deal. 7700 miles is nothing. That's a good two months for me.

I have purchased demos from Toyota and Subaru and have had good luck so far.
    check kelly blue book value...

the car is categorized as used.
  • dieselman8dieselman8 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a new 2008 SR5 4Runner, 4x4, V6 equipped with

sun roof
    tow hitch
    leather steering
    anti-theft
    roof rack
    rear spoiler
    6-disc am/fm
    115V AC power point
    daytime running

price: 27,500+TTL (no destination charge)
  • jettafacejettaface Member Posts: 15
    Hi, I ordered a 2008 V6 4x2 Limited end of September, 07. Was told wait would be about 3 mos. Checked with dealer again this week and was told Japan would be able to give info in April. Does it usually take this long for a special order? Was told I can get my money back or look at a car on the lot. I ordered what I wanted as paying this much, heck, I want it to be special. Put down $1K. Out the door price was $39,150. Think I got about $4450 off MSRP. I added sunroof deflector, performance dual exhaust, NAV pkg (as I wanted backup camera), park pilot, Value pkg which includes power sun roof, rear spoiler/stop lamp, and X-REAS sport suspension, daytime lights, hitch, mats and cargo mat. Got dealer to add pin stripes, exhaust tips and wheel locks. No rebate avail at the time I ordered. Anyway, does price seem good and any info from others that ordered vs buying on lot? Thanks much.
    What was the msrp and dealer fees?

The honda pilot has been selling for 7000+ off msrp for several months now. The Honda ridgeline also. This is where they traditionally sell for in july, however many incentives are being bumped up 3 months or so due to the economy and gas.

The 33000 4runner usually sells for around 7000+ off msrp in july-august. I would want 6k or so off now given the situation with other manufacturers. I would want at least 7000+ off the $39,000 model.

If your vehicle was around 33k (with dest) MSRP you did OK. However after the sale is a non-ideal time for research.

Happy Drivin
    --jjf

I just purchased a new 2008 SR5 4Runner, 4x4, V6 equipped with

sun roof
    tow hitch
    leather steering
    anti-theft
    roof rack
    rear spoiler
    6-disc am/fm
    115V AC power point
    daytime running

price: 27,500+TTL (no destination charge)
  • raul76051raul76051 Member Posts: 19
    The MSRP is around $32300 and they are asking $27600 plus TT&L.

It has the following:
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof W/Sunshade
    Park Pilot, Rear Parking Aid System
    Power 8-Way Driver And 4-Way Passenger
    Rr Spoiler W/Center High Mounted Stop Lamp
    Side Signal Mirror Upgrade.
    Double Decker Cargo System W/Cargo Net
    Leather Steering Wheel And Shift Knob:
    Includes: Cruise Control And Audio Controls

and much more...

Since it's an 07 do you think they will go for $25000?...
    If you look up the 07 vehicle used on nada.com and kbb.com, I doubt the 32500 vehicle wholesales outstanding cond. for more than 22000 with 14000 miles on it. 25000 would have been an ok price 6 months ago, depending on the price and extent of dealer installed stuff.

I would definitely get 10 bids end of month from 10 or more dealers on this vehicle on a more plentiful 08. You may be able to get the same vehicle brand new for 26000 or 27000. The 07 is going on 2 years old.

--jjf
    The MSRP is around $32300 and they are asking $27600 plus TT&L.

It has the following:
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof W/Sunshade
    Park Pilot, Rear Parking Aid System
    Power 8-Way Driver And 4-Way Passenger
    Rr Spoiler W/Center High Mounted Stop Lamp
    Side Signal Mirror Upgrade.
    Double Decker Cargo System W/Cargo Net
    Leather Steering Wheel And Shift Knob:
    Includes: Cruise Control And Audio Controls

and much more...

Since it's an 07 do you think they will go for $25000?...
  • dizzy7dizzy7 Member Posts: 6
    Here is the story of when I leased a brand new 4Runner when I had just graduated from college, it's too large to post here: Trees Full of Money :confuse:
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    Disagree. I own my current 4runner and am going back to a BMW lease.

Here's why I think that a lease payment is OK:

1. New car = new safety technology. My life is worth $4800 a year. This works out to be a small percentage of my income.

2. Uncle Sam lets me write off the more of the lease than it does for the equivalent owned car.

3. Owning a used car _can_ come with equivalent maintenance bills. Last year the maintenance and repair costs for my '05 owned 4runner were around $3200.

Depends on the car though.

The plan was to keep the 4runner for 10 years but it has not proved to be reliable enough.
  • raul76051raul76051 Member Posts: 19
    Do you really think that a dealer will go for $10000 off MSRP? If they do, do you think i should make the buy at the end of the month since i'm in no hurry, this is for the 07 4 RUNNER
    Not necessarily. With scattered leftovers like that you can always find some rube looking for a "leftover". They may sell it for 6600 off msrp even though they had a volume reduction of most of them in july-sept for 7000+ off. This would be worse if a new 08 may be had for possibly 6000 off. Thats why you should investigate the situation with the 08's.

I never looked up your vehicle on the used wholesale sites but if the 07 wholesales for 12000 off msrp after 1 year with 100 miles on it 10000+ off msrp is about what it is worth.

--jjf

Do you really think that a dealer will go for $10000 off MSRP? If they do, do you think i should make the buy at the end of the month since i'm in no hurry, this is for the 07 4 RUNNER
  • wmp1283wmp1283 Member Posts: 7
    I'm in Everett WA. Looking to buy a new 2008 4Runner 4x4 SR5, with options like: sunroof, JBL, homelink, autodimming mirror, hitch, roof rails, mats, 115V AC.

Reading here it seems like I should be able to get a price of $6000 less than MSRP - which should put me at around $27,300 + tax and license?

Anyone here in Seattle area with a good dealer and sales professional to work with?

Is my understanding above on price accurate? It seems hard to even find a used 2006 or 2007 for that price...

Thanks in advance...
  • jw331jw331 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought the truck with 110k on it, i had the head gasket replaced but I now read about possibly being reimbursed for the repair. Is this true? If so how do I go about getting reimbursed. Also the tie rods need repair, another possible reimbursement?
  • tdkooltdkool Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone purchased this model? If yes were you able to negotiate down?

It seems like a good value, as it has navigation & some trim extras. Since its a "special" version does that mean you have little chance to negotiate down?

MSRP=35,045
    Invoice=31,110
    Look up the truck 07 model used on kbb.com and nada.com with 14000 miles. If the used wholesale price is $25000 or less, (10000+ under msrp which it surely is) you want at least $5000-6000 off. If the dealer feels he can milk it for more being a special of some sort that would be your call. The plain vanilla 33k 4runner is a 5000-7000+ off vehicle depending on the beginning or end of the model year.

Good luck
    --jjf

Has anyone purchased this model? If yes were you able to negotiate down?

It seems like a good value, as it has navigation & some trim extras. Since its a "special" version does that mean you have little chance to negotiate down?

MSRP=35,045
    Invoice=31,110
    What would be a reasonable price for a 2008 SR5 w/ an MSRP of $32,500?

Best quote I've been able to get so far is $4500 off MSRP (including the cash back).

Haven't looked that hard yet... but I was hoping for more like $5000-6000 off MSRP - i.e. $27-$27.5K + tax/lic.
  • wrj1wrj1 Member Posts: 11
    Am looking at a 2008 V6 Limited JBL synthesis, Extra Value Pkg and Tow Hitch and am wondering if it is realistic to get them down to a selling price closer to $32K. Considering a 36 mo lease, 12000 miles, and nothing down.

Retail Price: $36975 w/ 1880 in accessories.
    Dealer Price: 31909 w/ 1424 in access.
    (For reference: Edmunds TMV as 33,893 with 1326 in access.)

Cap cost = 36,774.
    Residual: 22,046
    No security deposit.
    Monthly payment with tax: $520.37

C'mon! I want to see something closer to $32K for the selling price. And then I was hoping to cash in on the $1500 cash rebate to boot. Would make for a monthly payment closer to $360, Am I crazy?
    Leases are easiest. Get 10+ bids end of month on the vehicle you want via toyota website. 15000 mile lease , let them know you are getting 10-20 bids. The more flexible in options you are the better. Regardless of residual, money factor (cap cost) sale price you are basing it on lowest monthly payment with tax with 0 or 200 down. An extra 9000 miles over the lease term should be about $800 or $22 mo. Try to work the three eagerest beavers (a 20 dealer request for bids should yield 2-4 good hits Your target with these terms of 330-400/mo should be realistic. Perhaps request the 12000 lease with the bids and get the extra for whatever with the winners. Leases are designed with many factors to be fleeces and even a poor lease will be significantly lower than a good monthly ownership payment.

Good luck
    --jjf

Am looking at a 2008 V6 Limited JBL synthesis, Extra Value Pkg and Tow Hitch and am wondering if it is realistic to get them down to a selling price closer to $32K. Considering a 36 mo lease, 12000 miles, and nothing down.

Retail Price: $36975 w/ 1880 in accessories.
    Dealer Price: 31909 w/ 1424 in access.
    (For reference: Edmunds TMV as 33,893 with 1326 in access.)

Cap cost = 36,774.
    Residual: 22,046
    No security deposit.
    Monthly payment with tax: $520.37

C'mon! I want to see something closer to $32K for the selling price. And then I was hoping to cash in on the $1500 cash rebate to boot. Would make for a monthly payment closer to $360, Am I crazy?
    In some dealer inventory listings I see Natl after the model/trim... i.e SR5 Natl.

At one dealer they have 4 SR5's, and 1 SR5 Natl...

I can't figure out what the Natl is?

Anyone know?
  • birdog3birdog3 Member Posts: 3
    On March 26th, Toyota donated $20 million dollars to the Audubon Society. Unfortunately the Audubon society is trying to close down the beaches in North Carolina from Nags Head to Ocracoke. Island. Also know as the Outer Banks. The Audubon Society is AGAINST OFF ROAD VEHICLE ACCESS. People having been driving on the beach for fishing and enjoyment since it was made a national park.
    There is a court hearing in Raleigh , NC on April 4th to determine if the beaches will be closed. I will not buy a Toyota again if Toyota continues to support the Audubon Society.

Go to http://www.savehatteras.com/ and send your plea cast out to people with one click and get current updates!

ANY help with this important issue will be greatly appreciated.
  • lbmcclbmcc Member Posts: 15
    The best deal I could get on a very well-equiped 4runner Sport in the Buffalo, NY area:

MSRP: $35472
    Invoice: $31750

out-the-door price: $30950+tax/lic and 2.9% for 60m
    with $1500 rebate: $29450 without 2.9%.

I took a Pilot overnight and likely could have made a deal on a similar level vehicle for $1500-2000 less. We liked the 4runner much better...inside and out.
  • jimmy2xjimmy2x Member Posts: 124
    2008 LTD 4WD, V6
    Included the following packages:
    FE
    NV
    QV
    RL
    TO
    DF
    DK
    WL
    DELIVERY (685)

Total MSRP 42,380XV Discount - $1085.00
    TOTAL ADJUSTED MSRP - $41,295
    TOYOTA CASH BACK - $1500.00
    TOTAL PAID - $35,463 + $99 FEE + PA TAXES

I definitely found it worthwhile to make the 3 hour trip from the Philly burbs.
  • roseyeahroseyeah Member Posts: 1
    Such a best deal I ever heard. Is it V6 or V8? What is your major option?

I am looking for V8 2wheel drive sport edition . tried several dealers in Houston, few cards are V8 and MSRP is around 35000. I can only get $5500 off MSRP + TTL without 2.9%. Is the deal acceptable?
  • jettafacejettaface Member Posts: 15
    He did get a good deal. I am in Florida and do not want a 4x4. Online Fitz's seems only to stock those. Could be wrong. I have waited since 9/28/07 for a 2008 Limited in Barcelona Red Metallic, but seems Toyota will not produce that color for some reason. The other out there is Salsa Red Pearl and I dont care for that one.

Sooo, I finally settled for Titanium Metallic with stone leather interior. Better color for Florida anyway. It is a 8678, V8, 2x4 loaded. Nav, day lites, Sunroof with spoiler and sport suspension, sunroof deflector, window tint, carpets all over. I didnt want that toyo plus but its on and cant get the dealer to exclude it. But got him down on price of it. The V8 has the tow package as standard.

I also added Borla dual perf exhaust, park pilot and extreme cargo mat. ( have dogs), accent stripes, wheel locks and 2 valor exhaust tips. (Am keeping the removed exhaust too.)

In southeast they add in $900 for Toyota Admin Fee. Nice big chunk of change to see at the end of the deal. Anyway, I think I will get the car in early May. Dealer says the rebate should still be in effect. Out the door with tax and everything was $40K. Lotz of cash for a car, but I still have my 1989 SR5 truck with 67K miles on it and the truck looks new.

Best I can calc is I got approx $5600 off MRSP. Soooo, I think you are in the ballpark. The Sport edition is priced between the basic model and the limited. The previous guy's 4runner was a V6 4x4. He deal was super. He did go to PA for it. I cant travel due to 3 dogs. But if I could, might be to your advantage to check them out.

Good luck and I thank everyone for their input on these deals. It certainly takes a toll on you and the dealers know it. They simply wore me down after 7 months of this stuff. Toyota is tuff to calc as the options for each model as standard change so you really have to do your homework.
    Look up the used wholesale value of your 35000 truck (12+ months old) in the 07 model on kbb.com or nada .com. If it is about $23000 (12000 off from msrp) you want at least 7500 off, or your deal (5500) +2.9% . (your credit is good) As you can see if the vehicle wholesales used 12000 off from msrp, 7500 off sticker is hardly giving it away, especially since the used books on the 20 mpg suv's and trucks are probably optimistic.

--jjf

I am looking for V8 2wheel drive sport edition . tried several dealers in Houston, few cards are V8 and MSRP is around 35000. I can only get $5500 off MSRP + TTL without 2.9%. Is the deal acceptable?
    Look up the used wholesale value of your 35000 truck (12+ months old) in the 07 model on kbb.com or nada .com. If it is about $23000 (12000 off from msrp) you want at least 7500 off, or your deal (5500) +2.9% . (your credit is good) As you can see if the vehicle wholesales used 12000 off from msrp, 7500 off sticker is hardly giving it away, especially since the used books on the 20 mpg suv's and trucks are probably optimistic.

--jjf

• lbmcclbmcc Member Posts: 15
    The key was playing a couple dealers against each other for vehicles on their lots. I could have bought a charcoal sport 4x4 6 for >$6000 of MSRP from a different dealer. I did a lot of the leg-work via e-mail.

I took the rebate b/c the dealer got me close to 4% for 60m from a local bank.

No trade, I sold my 11 yo Explorer myself for more than I thought I'd ever get.

Regarding 2 WD, I have left my 4x4 in 2wd since purchase and am getting 20-21 MPG city!

MSRP $35472
    bought for $29450 +tax
    Black Sport 4x4 V6
    DJ premium 6disc stereo
    RF
    RL
    SR
    TO
    CF
    CN
    G0

One+ week in, we love our FR!!! My wife had been begging me to get rid of my old Explorer for years...with 2 kids, safety was the kicker.