Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tangmantangman Member Posts: 127
    When did Toyota announce the new 2010 4-Runner? If anyone sees a new 2008/2009 sport v8, please let me know. Looking for red or black.

Most dealers have so little stock with the clunker deal, that they really are not significantly reducing the price on them The best price today is the same is was almost two years ago.
  • nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    tangman, try searching on autotrader.com

I found 6 red V8s, all 2008s, 3 of which were Sports. The following dealers had red V8 Sports:

Gary Force Toyota in Bowling Green KY.
    Gloucester Toyota in Gloucester, VA.
    Hudson Toyota in Jersey City, NJ.
  • tangmantangman Member Posts: 127
    Hi:

Great suggestion, but I already went down that path. One is sold, the other is a high milage demo and a limited. I do really appreciate the leads.
  • chuckfromlichuckfromli Member Posts: 249
    Decided that this or the Pilot are the only reasonably priced trucks that would make me happy. I see very little local inventory. Seems each dealer has one or two SR5's. I don't want to pay the big bucks for a LTD.

Any idea what an '09 SR5 with the EVP/sunroof should go for?
  • chuck1919chuck1919 Member Posts: 176
    I don't see how the 4Runners with the V8 qualified for the "Clunker Program". They get very poor mpg. I know, I own one. You would of had to trade in a clunker that got about 12 mpg to buy a V8 4Runner under the clunker program.

I get 14 in the city and it can get 20mpg no more than 65mph on the highway!
    I don't know that they did qualify for C4C. I think only the 6 cylinder ones did.

I bought a CPO today. 2006, 18K miles, Sport Model 4 x 4. They were asking just under 27K, got it for 25.800 with one offer and one counter offer. It's got the V8, which I don't need, sunroof, CD changer, and whatever else the Sport comes with (stupid looking hoodscoop), roof rack, side tubular bars, 17 inch wheels, etc.

It's got one scratch about six inches long on the side of the rear bumper, and the tires are half worn, other than that it truely is "as new".

Toyota warranty is 7 yrs./100K mi. from date first put in service on the drivetrain, but only 30 days/3000 miles bumper to bumper.

Thes are expensive vehicles, but this was the lowest mileage one I could find.
    I am not going through with the CPO deal, by the way. I just called the salesman tonight and backed out of the deal.

I really want the Limited. They are in very short supply, but I'm in no hurry.

The truck is beautiful. I know I'll never find one cleaner or with less mileage, but I want the leather and it didn't have it.
  • durangojaydurangojay Member Posts: 31
    First of all, I am a Certified Toyota Sales Consultant, so the information I am giving is correct to my knowledge. First of all, NONE of the 4Runners qualified for the C4C. We had two '09's on the lot for the entire sale and not ONE Clunker qualified for them. And yes, plenty of people tried. Their MPG was just too low to qualify. Second, regarding the Certified Used Program. The warranty is 3 MONTHS, not 30 DAYS/3000 miles, 7 yr./100k powertrain and 24/7 Roadside Assistance from the in-service date. Just wanted to clear that up. And please don't flame me for working for Toyota :) Like these forums to try and keep up on what the latest "word on the street" is... :)
    Thanks. Yes, I reaized after I posted that. 3 mos./3000 mi.

They really should match Hondas 12 mos./12K bumper to bumper.
  • husky55husky55 Member Posts: 7
    I know they are new and there is limited stock. Please share you experience on pricing and real purchase price i.e. OTD .

Really want to know how to negotiate a new SR5 , no trade in, no financing.
  • agnostoagnosto Member Posts: 207
    FYI, 2010 4Runner 4WD SR5 model 8664 for OTD $32,000 (includes 3% tax, doc fee, title/license) without much negotiation (trying to decide between 2010 Outback 3.6R Ltd NAV and the 2010 4Runner 4WD SR5):

MSRP $32,790.00
    doc fee: $399.00

Options Installed:
    50 State Emissions $0
    6-Gallons of Gas $0
    Front and Rear 120V AC Power Outlets $200
    Sliding Rear Cargo Deck $350
    Southeast Toyota Distributor Plus $0
    Sport Fabric-Trimmed 8-way $530
    Is OTD $33,535.00 price (based on 3% tax and MSRP: $34,923) for the 2010 4Runner 4WD SR5 -V6 (5 Speed Automatic) a good deal for expected delivery 12/25/09 with the following options:

Convenience Package (CPAT)
    Sliding Rear Cargo Deck (CDAT)
    AM/FM/MP3 CD Player with 8 Speakers, (DJAT)
    Sport Fabric-Trimmed 8-way (PEAT)
    Carpet Mats (PV40)
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    I just bought a 2010 SR5 with premium package. MSRP $36,300. OTD $35,600.
    It is a discount of 3000 off MSRP. Sales tax of 6.75%.
    I think its a good deal but its hard to tell. There are very few out there now. I have to wait at least 2 weeks for delivery.
    The deal you got seems pretty good. Checkout fitzmall.com. They have a car similar to yours with a asking price of 32,026 +TTL (MSRP 34700).
    Congrats on your new car.
  • dianka555dianka555 Member Posts: 14
    I just got a deal on the 4Runner SR5 with premium package for $33,000. MSRP is 35,600. Sounds like a good deal, but wanted to know others' opinions?
  • keniferkenifer Member Posts: 6
    For a 2010 4Runner SR5 w/ the following spec ( below) $ 33,900 OTD... Is this a good price???

Blizzard Pearl
    Interior: Black/Graphite
    Options: AM/FM/CD/MP3 AUDIO SYSTEM (DJ)
    ELECTROCHROMIC REARVIEW MIRROR W/INTEGRATED BACKUP CAMERA MONITOR (EC), PREMIUM PKG W/LEATHER (PT)
    SR5 3RD ROW 50/50 FOLD-FLAT LEATHER SEAT (TI), RS3200 PLUS ALARM SYSTEM (V5), SPORT PEDALS W/SILVER FINISH (32
    You got it for $33,000.00 OTD???
    I just purchased a 2010 4Runner Limited 4WD V6 Magnetic Gray Metallic/Black/Bordeaux at Invoice:

MSRP: $42,314.00
    Sales price at Invoice: $39,397.00
    Trade in: (I got the CarMax value for my 2007 trade in)
    doc fee: $399
    transfer tag: $74
    Options Installed: NAV, Carpet Mats

FYI, I was going for the SR5, but I found out only the Limited grade has the Full-time 4WD with Active Traction Control (A-TRAC) and locking center differential which is what is used for the Land Cruiser. The SR5 and the Trail grade do not have center differential.

I wish best of luck to all in your searching to buy or lease of such an amazing vehicle.
  • landog1landog1 Member Posts: 6
    Being quoted $1000 over invoice. Anyone getting them at invoice?
    Yes, see my post 1791 (I got it at invoice for sale price $39,397 before TTL, etc) which according to Edmund's invoice is $39,153 not including Carpet Mats...
    I was surpised to get such an amazing deal both for the new 2010 4Runner LTD and my trade in with Leith Toyota (toyota dealership) at NC and made it easier for me to let go of my 2007 TCH.
  • cc55401cc55401 Member Posts: 3
    I just paid $950 over invoice on my 2010 Silver/Black SR5 w. Premium/Convenience/3rd Row in MN. This was done through the Costco Auto Buying Program. I was being quoted $1000 under MSRP at other dealers with "no-hassle" buying programs.
    As i posted previously had a deal 2010 4Runner SR5 w/ the following spec ( below) $ 33,900 OTD. I close the deal last week but its going to be the same color as yours and have to wait untill 7 JAN for deliv... I just wonder what was the invoice on yours and if it came w/ all installed from factory or at the port ??
    Seling price:$32,929+$653.00(tax %7)+$499.00doc fee+$68.00title=34,099.00 OTD

**We agree on $33,500 2w ago but the mang call and told me that it was going to cost him more to find it as i wanted ( he knew my wife want it really bad!!) and ask 34,400.00.

Options: AM/FM/CD/MP3 AUDIO SYSTEM (DJ)
    ELECTROCHROMIC REARVIEW MIRROR W/INTEGRATED BACKUP CAMERA MONITOR (EC), PREMIUM PKG W/LEATHER (PT)
    SR5 3RD ROW 50/50 FOLD-FLAT LEATHER SEAT (TI), RS3200 PLUS ALARM SYSTEM (V5), SPORT PEDALS W/SILVER FINISH (32
  • cc55401cc55401 Member Posts: 3
    Invoice on my 4Runner was 33827. I took delivery yesterday and everthing was factory installed. Good luck negotiating!
  • fxoffroadfxoffroad Member Posts: 67
    I've been getting lease prices for a '10 SR5 4x4 - with a sticker range of 34-36K... and the payments have been significantly higher than I anticipated, ranging from $560 to $700 per month for a 3yr/36,000 w/ no money down. The dealership with the $700 price thought I was crazy when I told them another dealer in the Denver area was a $140 less a month. Fun!

I'm a bit perplexed because a '10 Lexus ES basic model had a sticker of 35K - lease payment of $379 (w/ 3799 down) or $485 w/ no money down. I understand residual values and such... but surprised at the significant price difference. I got pricing on a '10 Lexus RX w/ Nav and it was in the mid $600s.

Are the lease deals non-existent on the 4Runner because its so new or because TFC isn't supplying lease support on this vehicle? I'd like to get into a lease around $485-530.00 or am I just dreaming?

Does anyone know if Lease Brokers can get me closer to where I want to be?
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    I was having similar trouble. Toyota dealers are crazy to think we would pay that kind of money for a 35000 dollar car.
    How do they come up with these numbers? After paying a deposit on a 4runner, I cancelled the order and leased a porsche cayenne for 580 per month, with a MSRP of 58K.
    The 4runner has a better resale value than the cayenne and should have a better residual value. A 4runner should be around 400 per month max. At 34K MSRP, 31K selling price, .0025 money factor (6%APR), and 60% residual...the payment should be 410 per month. If you cannot get this kind of a deal, I would look at other cars.
  • jinwangjinwang Member Posts: 2
    This sounds like a great deal! My question is if tax is 7%, how did you come out tax is 653? I would expect 32929 x 0.07=2305.03.
  • jinwangjinwang Member Posts: 2
    I am going to buy a 2010 4Runner 4WD with options like follwing,
    MSPR
    Convenience Package $1,050
    Carpet Mats $299
    Sliding Rear Cargo Deck $350
    Sport Fabric-Trimmed 8-way, $530
    AM/FM/MP3 CD Player with 8 Speakers, $585

the dealer give me 32205 before tax and 35573 after tax, tag, etc. I don't like this price, how much further do you think i should go?

Thanks
  • mcswigummcswigum Member Posts: 10
    I just ordered a new Black Limited 4runner W/Beige Leather, Nav, Floor Mats for 38300. I think your invoice price is off. With Tax title and lisence it was 40,499. I had a real straight forward salesman who claimed it was only a few hundred over invoice which would be around 38K. The only bad thing is a two month wait.
    Its because i trade-in my car, so I pay tax for the diference between 24K ( value of my trade) and 32.9K. :)
    I've been getting lease prices for a '10 SR5 4x4 - with a sticker range of 34-36K... and the payments have been significantly higher than I anticipated, ranging from $560 to $700 per month for a 3yr/36,000 w/ no money down. The dealership with the $700 price thought I was crazy when I told them another dealer in the Denver area was a $140 less a month. Fun!

I'm a bit perplexed because a '10 Lexus ES basic model had a sticker of 35K - lease payment of $379 (w/ 3799 down) or $485 w/ no money down. I understand residual values and such... but surprised at the significant price difference. I got pricing on a '10 Lexus RX w/ Nav and it was in the mid $600s.

Are the lease deals non-existent on the 4Runner because its so new or because TFC isn't supplying lease support on this vehicle? I'd like to get into a lease around $485-530.00 or am I just dreaming?

Does anyone know if Lease Brokers can get me closer to where I want to be?
  • toymathtoymath Member Posts: 5
    fxoffroad,
    I never had any luck with brokers in the past. They were aways more expensive.
    I currently have a 36 month lease that expires in 90 days on my 2007 4Runner. I'll be searching the same dealerships as you in Denver. I was afraid they would change the body this year and get greedy and here we go. Seems every time Toyota makes a change, they quit dealing on the new model because they think the demand will have us all fighting over it. Looks like there's no money factor incentives at all.
    You should still be able to get a 36 month 12k/yr SR5 V6 4WD 34K MSRP, 31K negotiated buy, no money down, 57% residual, .0025 money factor deal for 450/mo before tax which is about $30/mo in Denver.
    What store in town had the ES Lexus? They sound motivated.
    If I could get a deal the way you set it - or even a little more - I'd be all over it. Unfortunately no dealer on the front range has, can or will come close. I haven't gotten any quotes under $560... though I've only been making that attempt online (which in the past, I've had great success doing). Go Arapahoe thought I was on drugs when I told them the $560 number from a northern dealer - theirs was $706.00

Luckily I have some time before my current lease expires in July... hopefully I'll be able to negotiate better lease terms then or find a Toyota store elsewhere in the country that will do better.

If you do get into a new 4Runner - it'd be great if you posted your final numbers on here. Good luck - thanks!
  • aj124aj124 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer gave you this great deal? I have been shopping in the DC area and no dealer has even been willing to go below MSRP
    fxoffroad,
    That's interesting that Go Toyota was the highest as I leased my 2007 there 3 years ago and they were the cheapest. Where was the Lexus ES deal?
    That would be Green Bay WI. I was totally set with what I thought I should pay for this vehicle through my (insurance company quote) and this dealer came in well below what I was going to ask. So I kept my mouth shut and signed the contract. I hope to get in the next few weeks. Apparently they outsell the three nearest toyota dealers compbined. I can see why with how honest they treat you.
    toymath - it was Stevinson. I remember when we bought our current Lexus a couple of years ago... our sales person was out on a medical leave, I ended up talking to the Sales Manager (or whatever he's called)... and he said, "this is the price - you won't get it any cheaper anywhere else" he was right. It should always be that simple.
  • brandonWIbrandonWI Member Posts: 26
    Hey all,
    I am going in tomorrow to try and buy a 2010 TE model. List price is $36,700 and edmunds shows invoice as $33,300( I think the dealer added $200 in mats on top of this price). My question is, how accurate is edmunds invoice pricing? My goal is to make the deal by offering them $34K or about $500 above invoice. Does this sound fair?

Any thoughts or others experience? The particular dealer has 3 TE in stock so its not like they are rare here:)
    I think your goal is fair... the reality though is supply verses demand. This early into the vehicle release you may experience issues trying to get that price. Personally, I'd be getting prices from at least three dealers via the internet. Then go from there and physically go to a dealer. I've purchased my last five vehicles this way - with great success and limited the drama/crap at dealerships. If you sent out price quote requests (using Edmunds) today (including your exact option needs)... you would probably get quotes back yet today.
    fx,

Thank you, I never thought about using edmunds to send out price requests. I will do that right now. The reason I am mainly focusing on one dealer is that we have bought from the sales manager there for over 20 years and he usually is the cheapest, plus its the only dealer with a TE:)
  • alancosmoalancosmo Member Posts: 2
    Jan 19, 2010
    Hello everyone:
    I am buying a 2010 4 runner trail model, and want o purchase brush guards front and rear for her.

Does any person know where to find that item?
    Also, I want to be able to park her in New York City, so brusg guards / bumper guards are very important.

The front of the new 4 runner is plastic. - One good bump on the street without bumper guards means $2000 damage.
    HELP HELP HELP
    Alan Cosmo
    I think these internet quotes are more or less the first number that a salesman would bring to the table. You know how rediculous that always is. I think they try to weed out the unexperienced and see if they can make a bundle. I'm afraid you'll still have to spend the time at a dealership.......pack a lunch. It might be different if you have a firm figure that you know is possible. Let us know your results brandonWI.
    tm
    You will not be able to get anyting until late February or March. Toyota Does not have anything available. I already checked with Aries and Westin these are their release dates Feb. or March; they are in fabrication, but still have not made production. You might want to drag your feet a little if you are worried about cracked or scratched bumper.
    Leave your receiver/ball or bike rack in the hitch for the time being.
    toymath,

I agree that online price is just the start of the process. I did get rather far today using that method. I have been quoted $33900 for a Trail edition from just an email and one phone call, thats about $500 over invoice. I plan to do more negotiating tomorrow and head into the dealers thereafter.

I am just happy thus far that dealers are willing to negotiate on such on new vehicle.

I will report back, thank you!
    Brandon
    From experience (toymath), I have to disagree. Having purchased/leased my last five vehicles using the internet as a starting point has saved me a lot of $$$. In fact, people have been amazed at how much money I've saved, including a couple of buddies who are in the car business. What works best for you - may be entirely different... w/ your packed lunch and all. :) Like I mentioned to you in another post, for the exact same vehicle one dealer quoted me $150 bucks more for a lease than another. That saves me a lot of time and effort.

If I ever had to spend a lot of time at a dealership, I'd go nuts. For me - getting quotes via the internet allows me to weed out the dealerships that may try to jack people around - not the other way around. I've saved a lot of $$$ this way.

Plus, its great when all you have to do is walk in, sign your name on the paperwork, hand over a check and then walk out the door in less than 15 minutes. Two of those times the dealers didn't even drive my trade-ins (though they were less than 2 years old).

If I had a relationship w/ a sales manager - like brandonWI has - that might be a different story. Regardless, I hope he gets to the price point he wants to be at.
    That's the beauty of this forum. We can all benefit from each other's experience. Have you made any more progress?
    TM
    toymath... yup, i agree with you totally. Nope, I'm going on vacation for two weeks in February and will see what happens when I come back. Now I think I have to get a Limited, rather than an SR5 because of the 4WD thing. I am going to start getting broker quotes and see if I can do any better than the front range dealers.
    Yesterday I went to two dealerships. To get a 2010 Limited w/ Nav the lease payment came in at $732. That was the lowest price compared of the two dealerships.

Today using the same numbers as the dealer, I went online and used lease calculators and the monthly lease payment was $100 - so either I'm whacked or am missing some dealer padding (aside from the doc fees).

Both dealerships told me the same thing - limited production and strong sales on the Front Range mean they don't need to deal.

I had hoped to get the deal done yesterday (cuz once I make up my mind, I just want to get it over with)... but clearly my original intent to wait awhile seems to make the most sense. If I can get a deal @ the invoice price - I'll be in good shape.

If you make a deal, let me know. I'd be curious to know how well you do.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    Leasing a Toyota is a bad idea. Very little lease support.

Financing a 4wd limited w nav and 3d row (bought at 40,240) for 5 years, 0 down, 5% interest, will cost you 759.37 plus tax per month.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    That was to finance for 5 years w 0 down, not leas .

For a lease at that price you could get a loaded BMW X5 or Mercedes GL.
    Went to two dealerships in Denver today. There's no chance for a deal on a 4 runner when they can't even get any on the lot, and the money factor is .00255. What a joke. I think the smart thing for me to do is buy out my '07 for 18K and wait until next year when things calm down. If you're getting lease quotes for over $670 for a loaded Limited with NAV, no down, 36 mo. 12K per year, you're paying more than the $42020 MSRP.
    Sounds like you're having the same kind of "fun", I'm having.

So on Friday... first dealer for a LTD w/ Nav: MSRP: $42,938; Selling price: $41,335; Residual $23,982; Money Factor .0025; Denver Sales Tax @ 7.75%; Doc Fee: $339; Cap Reduction/1st Payment: $2,000 - the monthly payment on 3yr/36,000mi was $732. Just nuts... the other dealer (Boulder Toyota) was $720per month before tax. I just laughed... I think the sales dude should get a job at The Gap.

Invoice should be around $39,600.00...

When I ran the numbers on LeaseGuide.com - the price came in at $644. If I price the selling price @ $39,600 (which it looks like others have gotten - but probably not here in CO)... the payment was about $587. Thoughts?

Re: Money Factor @ .00255/6.12%... This is just below prime, so I wasn't freaked out. But the selling price... there must be folks willing to pay what dealers are asking - the vehicles are definitely moving off lots.

If can't find invoice pricing some where in the U.S in March, I'm thinking about selling my leased 08 Outback and pick up some cheap and short term lease (swaplease) that would end in Nov-January and then buy a 4Runner at the end of this year.

On another note... really, really like the ride of the 4Runner. Fit and finish were excellent. Driving the SR5 in 4H on dry pavement was fine even turning typical street corners... binding only happened on tight turns. The LTD drove really well too and has better residual values and the Nav that I think I have to have.

Looking forward to the day I can take my future 4Runner up to Pike National Forest and get myself lost.

The fun continues... and my head is starting to hurt. :)