Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tangmantangman Posts: 127
    The only way to compare is through the MSRP price. What is the MSRP price on the vehicle that you were quoted? Did it have NAV? Then other may be able to provide you with an opinion.
  • coleonyxcoleonyx Posts: 3
    MSRP is 38400. This is with the kdss option only; no navigation option. Thanks.
  • tangmantangman Posts: 127
    In our area in the Northwest, the dealer is taking approximately $2700 off MSRP on trails with no haggling. I have seen quite a few on the lots. Also, interest in this forum seems to be going down. Don't see many posts raving over the new 4-Runner. Good luck in your purchase.
  • coleonyxcoleonyx Posts: 3
    Cool...thanks, sounds like a good time to wait and see.
  • t4r2010t4r2010 Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    2010 T4R RWD V6 SR5

1. Base Price: Inovice $25,674 (MSR $29,175)
    2. 2% Hoold Back: Invoice $583 (MSR 0)
    3. 1% Finance Reserve: Invoice $291 (MSR 0)
    4. Total Options: Invoice $3,351 (MSR $4,259)
    5. T.M.F: Invoice $ 870 (MSR 0)
    6. Delivery: Invoice 850 (MSR 0)

Total: Invoice $31,619 (MSR: $34,289)

Final:
    Selling price: $31, 700
    Tax: $1980
    Title: $110
    State Inspection: $24
    Doc: $190
    Deputy Service Fee: $5
    Inventory Tax: $74

OTD = $34,083
  • jameswennjameswenn Posts: 5
    2010 SR5 2WD
    Convenience package, 3rd row seating, power seats, running boards

MSRP 34,074
    Paid 32250 + TTL in SoCal

Finance guy was a jerk. Tried to pull a fast once with interest rates by getting you to focus on the payment and extending the term.
  • ichor0416ichor0416 Posts: 10
    t4r2010, thank you for your intelligent rendering of prices. I wish all posters were as intelligent and thoughtful. People who just state or ask for "otd" prices... shockingly stupid.
  • agnostoagnosto Posts: 205
    edited May 2010
    and got an awesome deal purchasing a 2010 Prius from FitzMall in MD. My only regret so far is, I did not purchase the Prius in place of the 4Runner 5 months ago... so far and after around 300 miles I have a computer average 53.0 MPG in my Prius IV with NAV... the new Prius is an amazing vehicle...
  • piernsurfpiernsurf Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I am looking to get a 2010 4runner and wanted to see what everyone was seeing in terms of APR. Thx in advance for sharing.

- FYI I'm planning to put 30% down and my credit is excellent; I am looking for 0.0 or 0.9 or something similar
  • alexoralexor Posts: 1
    Unbelievable transaction. It seems like you really don't care about money, your money. Safety first is absolutely right.
    I ended up with 3.75 from Toyota Credit Corp.

They started at 5.9, got them down to 3.9 and 3.75 sealed the deal.
  • helmut122helmut122 Posts: 6
    What was the length of the loan? I'm trying to find out what the best rate that Toyota is offering for a 72 month loan on a new 4runner.
    3.75 for 60 months.
  • careykcareyk Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 2010 4Runner SR5 4WD (4.0L 6cyl). Options included Premium Package w/leather (PT), Convenience Package (CP), AM/FM/MP3 CD w/ 8 speakers (DJ), Sliding Deck Rear Cargo Board (CD), Mud Guards, Cargo Cover. Paid $36,109 OTD. Didn't haggle much....thought I could do better ($1000 less maybe).
  • rlingerrlinger Posts: 5
    I am hoping to purchase a SR5 4WD Silver, Pwr Cloth, Pwr Outlets, Paint Protection in the next few weeks. I plan to put down 18K and have Toyota Finance the rest at 36 or 48 months. Also, dealer states that finding it in non-leather may delay deal. How much should I negotiate to? Other comments?
    Thank You
  • Black, convenience package (moonroof), upgraded stereo, backup camera, power seats, floor mats and muffler tip - $30,800 + $100 processing fee + tax/tag/registration.
    SR5 w/4wd (4x4), Silver Ext, Graphite Int. $31,970.

Details:

Sport Fabric-Trimmed 8-Way Power-Adjustable Driver's Seat With Power Lumbar Support And 4-Way Power-Adjustable Passenger Seat
    Remote Engine Start
    Window Tint
    Night Vision Auto-Dimming Mirror
    Xm Satellite Radio Includes:~6 Months Complimentary Xm Service
    Premium Carpet Mat Set Carpet Floor Mats~Rear Cargo Mat
    Ball Mount
    Cargo Cross Bars
    Vehicle Shield Package Lusterizing Sealant~Sealant Cleaner~Fabric Guard~Rental Car Assistance
    Color-Key Rr Splr W/ Intergated Rr Wiper
    Front Fog Lamps / Rear Privacy Glass
    Color-Key Bumpers
    Rocker
    Overfenders

Heated Mirrors W/ Turn Signal Indicator
    Chrome Roof Rails
    Accented Fr Grille

Door Handles And Rear License Garnish
    Integrated Tow Hitch Receiver-Max 5000lb
    Homelink Universal Transceiver
    Remote Keyless Entry System
    Cfc-Free Climate Cntrl W/Rr Vent And Filter
    Am/Fm/Mp3 Cd W/8 Spkrs
    Aux Audio Jack
    40/20/40 Split Reclining And Fold-Flat
    2nd Row Seats W /Armrest W/ Cup Holders
    Rear Clearance Sonar / Tilt/Telescopic
    Steering Wheel With Cruise Control
    Pwr Auto Up/Down Windows/Pwr Door Locks
    2 Fr And 1 Rr 12v Auxiliary Power Outlets
    Orange Illuminated Instrument Gauges
    Multi-Info Display W/Time
    Cruise Range

Fuel Consumption
    Temperature And Compass
    10 Cup And Bottle Holders(12 On 3-Row Mdls)
    Variable Flow Control Power Steering
    Fr And Rr Vented Disc Brakes
    Fr And Rr Stabilizer Bars And Skid Plates
    17" Alloy Wheels
    P265/70r17 Tires
    4.0l V6 Dohc 24v W/ Dual Vvt-I Engine
    5-Speed Auto Transmission W/ Ect-I
    270hp / 278-Lb-Ft Torque
    Active Trac
    Part-Time 4wd System W/ Transfer Lever
    Hill-Start And Downhill Assist Control
    Dr And Fr Pass Advanced Airbag System
    Anti-Lock Brakes W/ Ebd And Brake Assist
    Star Safety System - Includes Vehicle
    Stability Control + Traction Control

Dr And Fr Pass Knee And Tap Side Airbags
    Fr And 2nd Row Roll-Sensing Side Curtain
    Airbags
    Dr And Fr Pass Active Headrests
    Tire Pressure Monitor System / 2nd Row
    Latch(Lwr Anchors And Tethers For Children)

Options:
    Sport Fabric-Trimmed 8-Way: $530
    Power-Adjustable Driver's Seat With Power Lumbar Support And 4-Way Power-Adjustable Passenger Seat
    Remote Engine Start: $529
    Window Tint: $199
    Night Vision Auto-Dimming Mirror: $165
    Xm Satellite Radio: $449
    Includes:
    6 Months Complimentary Xm Service
    Premium Carpet Mat Set: $209
    Carpet Floor Mats
    Rear Cargo Mat
    Ball Mount: $65
    Cargo Cross Bars: $185
    Vehicle Shield Package: $379
    Lusterizing Sealant
    Sealant Cleaner
    Fabric Guard
    Rental Car Assistance
  • g35halog35halo Posts: 9
    jameswenn, how did you manage to get the 3.75? I am close to purchasing the 4runner and will definitely like to know how to get Toyota to agree to 3.75. Spare no details. Thanks in advance.
    The 5.9 was given to me by the sales guy after he pulled my credit (740) to structure the deal to agree to a sale.

I went to the finance guy and he started at 3.9. Then we started talking about an extended warranty. He originally quoted me a monthly payment, but it seemed to low. I told him i wanted everything broken down. It turned out that he tried to extend the loan to 66 months and the extended warranty was 2200. I told him that i've seen it on the internet for 1200. He said he could give me the costco price for the warranty and he'd bring down the APR to 3.75. Their costco price was 1600.
    At that point, I would walk away. Any modification to loan terms without disclosure is the tipping point to walk away. Go to Carsdirect.com or some other intermediary and restart the process with the internet sales folks. That kind of dishonesty is not acceptable.
  • 81trekker81trekker Posts: 51
    Purchased a couple weeks ago. Got dealer within $150 of the TMV price. The Trail has just arrived a day or so before I went to sign the papers and pick it up. I told the salesman I wasn't happy with the tires, Dunlop Grandtrek AT 20, a highway tire rated on Tirerack.com as 57 of 61 tires in that category. (I suspect Toyota used this tire as it has low rolling resistance to increase the fuel economy.) I had not researched it until I got home. Called the sales manager I'd met earlier that day. He became convinced that I was a customer who needed to be satisfied. (We had purchased 7 Toyotas over 30 years including 2 previous 4Runners and its predecessor, the 81Trekker.) He told me to send him my preferences and my first choice being the Firestone Destination A/T which was no. 1 on Tirerack.com list of all-terrain tires. (I'd put them on my Nissan Frontier a couple months ago and have gotten good results, on and off-road.) He agreed and I had them installed by the dealer a few days later at no additional cost to me. As for fuel economy, I'm getting an average from 18 to 20 mpg with some city and some highway driving and only 300 miles on it.

I went to Capital One's web site and was quoted 3.88 percent for 60 months. I asked Toyota Financial to meet it and they did. We had a previous loan with them for the Camry we traded in and our credit it excellent. In addition, we had a substantial down payment.

The reason we selected the Trail Edition is that we wanted Navigation with a cloth interior due to my dog, an 85 lb. GSD. I'm not disappointed to have the "off-road" version as I've been enjoying off-road adventures for many years.

In addition to Toyota's stupid decision regarding tires, my other issue was no running boards which has been discussed elsewhere. (Had to use a stool for my wife to get into it.) Am having them added this week. Cost for the running boards is $300 and I'm guessing installation will be about $150. That's well under whatever Toyota would likely charge for them. The salesman did help me locate a source for the aftermarket boards, but I ultimately selected another vendor.

In summary, I was pleased with the entire transaction, our third with this dealer. The dealer is, I'm guessing, a medium sized one, in northern VA.
  • duke15duke15 Posts: 161
    I got mine a couple of months ago, $15K down on an SR5, 2.9% through Bank of America for 60 months.
    Duke, were there any loan fees? I notice on bofa's site, that they mention and show an example of a $200 loan fee.

Also, rates differ from state to state, where are you? In CA they showed 3.35 APR but said to call a rep to find out about fees.

Is there any prepayment penalty?

thx
  • mocosgueymocosguey Posts: 1
    same setup/options - minus mudguards and cargocover. 32,900.
  • rh37rh37 Posts: 1
    Purchased July 2010 from dealer in MD.
    Trail Edition + KDSS, NAV/Audio, Floor Mats & Cargo Mat, Alloy Wheel Locks.
    MSRP $40,955
    Purchase Price $37,000
    Also included at no charge - spider cargo net, lower door paint film.
    I live in an nearby state and will obtain title/registration/plates myself, so no dealer document fee.
  • coffeemlkcoffeemlk Posts: 20
    edited August 2010
    Options:
    Nav
    Paint upcharge for blizzard pearl
    Covenience Pkg, (mats, exhaust tip, crossbars)

MSRP $42,795

Paid $38,300 & 300 Doc Fee. $38,600 & tax/tag/title.

Dealer said it was $1000 below invoice.
  • mrmontymrmonty Posts: 3
    How bad were the original tires? What did they replace them with?

thanks
    Sounds like good price.

That $300 doc fee is nuts. $50 is considered fair. Good overall deal nonetheless.
  • fxafxa Posts: 9
    This is a good deal. Can you let me know where you bought the car from
  • Westboro Toyota (internet sales dept.)
    Westborough, Ma.

The $300 doc fee is cheap considering the price was $1000 under invoice, they need to make some profit somewhere.