Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• biggus35biggus35 Member Posts: 2
    V-8 Engine
    17" Alloy Wheels
    Luggage Rack
    DD Cargo
    115AC Power
    Daytime Running Lights
    Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
    Moon Roof
    Floor Mats

MSRP $31,780.50
    $28,193.00 Out The Door (I'm in SC so Sales Tax is capped at $300.00)
  • doggydogdoggydog Member Posts: 10
    You didn't say SR5 or Sport, or 4x4/x2!
  • bigdaddydaimbigdaddydaim Member Posts: 4
    I am considering buying a "new" 05' LTD. Gold V6 sunroof ,spoiler, 6Cd 10spk system. price is $35,300. dealer had to order one or get one. I am buying cash so i dont want any miles on it. max 20. I have test driven many SUVs and the most has been 20mi for a new SUV. Dealer calls me and says got one but its 40 miles away. so it would have 120mi on it when he gets it . Thats used as far as im concerned. So basically it had 80mi on it before they get it. test drives are max 1mi long. so with 80mi's on it thats a hell of a lot of test drives. (And the dealer cruising in it im sure.) They are the only dealer willing to put Silver roof rack and running boards on a 05' LTD for me (like the 04' LTD's). AM I crazy for thinking a 05' with 120mi is too much. 80miles is lot on a new car, let a lone 120.They had to drive the hell out of that car or test drive it to death for it to have 80miles. Now adding 40 more in delivery to the dealership so they can put Silver rack/running board on. :mad:
  • bigdaddydaimbigdaddydaim Member Posts: 4
    is there a legal milage limit in NJ , before a car is considered used
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Generally, a car becomes "used" once it's been titled, and not before. For general shopping questions, our Smart Shopper board is the best place. That's where a lot of our members who are sales professionals hang out, and they can help you with such questions.

The factory warranty begins when you purchase the vehicle, not when the vehicle is at 0 miles, so you'd still have the full warranty left.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• biggus35biggus35 Member Posts: 2
    It's an SR5 2WD. Dealer called this morning and told me that Toyota upped the rebate on V8s to $1500.00 and since my paperwork was not complete I am getting an additional $500 off for a final price of $27,693! Wow! What a feelin! Toyota
  • 4runnerphreak4runnerphreak Member Posts: 1
    Check this out.
    Go to the dreaded finance guy at the end of the deal. He says "what do you want 0% for three years etc etc" I said no I want 0% for 60 months like your promotion says. "No way, that must be a mistake" he says. "Toyota never offers it for 60 months only three years. Me and my wife look at eachother and say "that/s a problem, then". There is an uncomfortable silence, then he says 'do you want a moment"?
    He comes back in a few minutes and I have both barrells ready and he says "Oh do I feel stupid, your right!" You would think they would tell the finance guy about these promotions.
    Stick to your guns people if you are right. BTW you people paying cash, one question. WHY?
    Great truck btw.

V-8 Engine SR5 4X2
    17" Alloy Wheels
    Luggage Rack
    Daytime Running Lights
    Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
    Leather seats
    Floor Mats
    Toyoguard (I know, I know)

28,500 +tax OTD. (Could of done a little better, hopefully you will)
  • gypsytownrobgypsytownrob Member Posts: 1
    Took delivery of 2005 SR5 V6, 4x2 last week. Vehicle was ordered the previous week to get desired options.

Options:
    DRL's
    17" wheels
    Roof rack
    Dbl decker cargo
    Leather steer'g / shift
    Leather interior (liquicell)
    Rear spoiler
    Moonroof
    Package A

Also purchased extended warranty - 72 mos/75K miles for $895.

Dealer in New Orleans, LA
  • patricia43mpatricia43m Member Posts: 4
    gypsytownrob
    Hey - if you don't mind sharing, what did you pay for the vehicle? (Before tax and title since that varies by state and county)
    We are looking at the same model here in Atlanta so it would be helpful (never heard of package A)
  • tcpoobtcpoob Member Posts: 30
    it's in the orig posting's subject/Title line, and my (this) reply's, and your own's reply's. come on!
  • doggydogdoggydog Member Posts: 10
    Options break down:

Invoice List

L1 Leather Upgrade N/A
    NJ  Garage Door Opener w/Homelink   100.00
    EJ  JBL Synthesis ETR 664.00
    CF Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo 114.00
    SR Moon Roof, Power 720.00
    RL Lights, DR 32.00
    RF Spoiler, Rear (PIO) 160.00
    steering wheel 176.00
    WH Headphones, Wireless 66.00
    Total Options excluding leather 2032.00
    Kelly base excluding leather 26851.00
    Destination 565.00
    Total Invoice 29448.00
    Dealer's Invoice 30579

MSRP list
    L1 Leather Upgrade 1450
    NJ  Garage Door Opener w/Homelink   125
    EJ  JBL Synthesis ETR 875
    CF Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo 186
    SR Moon Roof, Power 900
    RL Lights, DR 40
    RF Spoiler, Rear (PIO) 200
    steering wheel 220
    WH Headphones, Wireless 82
    Total Options excluding leather 2628.00
    Kelly base excluding leather 30070
    Destination 565
    Total MSRP 33263.00
    Dealer's MSRP 34231

The difference between kelly and dealer:
    Invoice:1131.00
    MSRP:968

Here is the price break down:

sales price 32000.00 (Including Leather seat upgrade)
    doc fee 45.00
    Sales Tax 2643.71
    tire 8.75
    license 270.00
    total 34967.46 (Out the Door)

Used 3.9% Instead of 1000 Rebate.
    Did get the $400 graduate program rebate, which is applied to the down payment.
    This model with above options are hard to find in Los Angeles,California, even though they look very normal options! I gave up many other options such as exhaust tip, door sill, etc. Coz many dealer even couldn't get above options. Most of them have very limited options available, or asking for 'special order'.

Got this deal from Longo Internet sales.

I am an auditor, but maybe I am a lousy negotiator.
    I really don't have much time but I did send quote to about 20 dealers around Los Angeles. Many did not even reply; many didn't have what I want.

But this forum at least helped me know what others are paying and prevented me from being ripped off too much.

so, thanks every one!
  • spek06spek06 Member Posts: 1
    Year: 2005
    Model: 4Runner LTD V6 4X4 with RL, GY, SR, RF, EJ, NH, C7, WL AND Z1
    MSRP: 40,232
    Sale Price: 35,153
    including rebate

Pricing does not include taxes, tags, freight and processing fee.

Can I do better? I would like 35,500 out the door. Do you think it's possible?
  • nj00dstarznj00dstarz Member Posts: 11
    05 V6 4x4, SR5 sport w /moonroof, rear spoiler

Lease details
    3y/12k miles
    0 down
    MSRP: $33,050
    LEV % 100.00
    Lease end value: $20,094
    initial cap cost: $30,905
    adjusted cap cost: $ 31,305
    MF: .00171
    Monthly: $424.00

Please advise if this deal seems ok
  • upopvideo2upopvideo2 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2005 4Runner Limited on 5-12-05. Here's the details:

Titanium Metallic with Taupe Leather Interior
    v6
    4x2
    Moonroof
    JBL 6CD/10spkrs
    Floor mats
    no Toyoguard

Price - $32,637.00 (before rebate)
    Dealer Fee - $498.50
    State Tire/Battery Fee - $6.50
    6% Tax - $1,988.52
    Tag - $100
    County Tax - $25.00
    Total Price - $35,255.52
    Rebate - $1,000.00
    OTD Price - $34,255.52

I bought this car from Angela of Toyota of Winter Haven. I was initially going to purchase from Central Florida Toyota, but they wanted $1,000.00 more for the exact same car (it was being transferred from Jacksonville) and absolutely would not budge from their price. Luckily Toyota of Winter Haven called me just before I was to commit to Central FL Toyota and made me a better offer. Based on my research I feel pretty good about the price. The price was $300 below dealer invoice, $385 above Edmunds invoice and $445 below TMV.

Mike
  • dc206dc206 Member Posts: 1
    Am i being reasonable thinking that I can get a 4x2 SR5 for $27250 with the following options
    moon roof
    leather seats
    17 alloy wheels
    the way i have priced it out on edmunds and kelly bluebook it seems im in the ballpark. the car i was looking at had an MSRP of $31464.
  • charloscharlos Member Posts: 11
    I think your price is very reasonable. Go to www.sandyspringstoyota.com and check out their online newspaper ad. Advertised is a base 4runner SR5 for $24K flat. You are only adding about $2,400 in equipment to the advertised vehicle.
  • wrsbearwrsbear Member Posts: 4
    The sound is good but could be better. I have been searching via the internet for information on the speakers in the basic package stereo system for an 05 SR5. Does anyone now the size of the speakers :confuse: ? I'm thinking 6.5" in the rear doors, 6x9's in the front plus a 3.5"? The last ditch effort is to call the parts department or if all else fails to pull the doors apart....:( not something I want to do just to check :cry: ......Thanks!!!!
  • wrsbearwrsbear Member Posts: 4
    My price on an SR5 V6 4x2 with all but leather....sticker.....31.6K.....shook hands after 7 hours at 23.4K.....didn't think they would go down that low...
    Seems ridiculously low. Demo? What dealer?
  • jgghjggh Member Posts: 9
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------
    My price on an SR5 V6 4x2 with all but leather....sticker.....31.6K.....shook hands after 7 hours at 23.4K.....didn't think they would go down that low...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------
    Could you please provide the detail info? Such as options, dealer and your location. I am also going to buy a 4Runner. My friend just bought one SR5 V6 4x2 with almost no options. OTD 27,300 with tax rate 6.25%. How did you get such good deal? Thanks.
  • chreestochreesto Member Posts: 4
  • chreestochreesto Member Posts: 4
    OK So I checked on CARMAX.com and saw that I can get a 4-runner SR5 sport 4x4 without a lot of weird dealer fees for 27998. It also included the 3rd row seat which I don't really want. I can geta v-8 with sunroof for 28998 these seem like really good deals. WHat do you guys think? Has anyone dealt with carmax? My other options are NIssan Pathfinder and Kia Sorento. I'll be buying within the next month. I am new to the forum and would love some feedback. Thanks a lot.
  • jefferjeffer Member Posts: 31
    I just test drove an SR5 mostly for the basic feel of the vehicle. I had checked out a Highlander just before that and discovered that my left knee, when in my normal driving position, hit the door in such a way that it was very uncomfortable. So I then tested a 4runner and was very comfortable in it. After all what is more important than comfort. But this had cloth seats with the manual adjustments. The manual adjustments are poorly designed - imho. It was like 2" between one setting and the next. At least it seemed that way. With power seats they are infinitely adjustable. That makes for much better fit for driving position. And changing positions with the manual function can be dangerous. If you slip you may find yourself in the third row and not able to reach the peddles. So to me anyway, power seats are the way to go. But you can only get power with leather. I don't really want leather, but I do like the heated seat option. Again, only with leather. The Highlander has power (and heated I believe) with the cloth seats.
    So Toyota is forcing people to get options just to make a profit - imho anyway.
    Oh well, I'm probably going for the Limited anyway, but wish I could get one with cloth power heated seats. Toyota - are you listening?

Regards,
    Jeffer
  • jefferjeffer Member Posts: 31
    Anyone know if this is possible. After some long soul searching I am finding it very difficult to justify spending $35K on a Limited model. I've poured over the specs sheets and have figured out that a Sport model has just about everything I need. The only feature I would really really want would be power seats. I don't care about leather but if that was necessary I would do it.
    Is there any way, source, or power in the universe that would be able to install power seats in an SR5 or Sport model? If so what would approx. cost be?

thanks,
    Jeffer
  • amazon1amazon1 Member Posts: 1
    I have been pricing 4Runners. This will be my first SUV. I am also pricing Kia Sorrentos. I have always owned Nissans, never Toyotas. Can you please tell me the name of the dealership and city? That is a fantastic price (23.4k). Thanks for your assistance.

Amazon1
  • awarrickawarrick Member Posts: 3
    Just got an '04 used with 5k miles. 4x4, spoiler, hood scoop, V8, 17in wheels, moonroof, sport edition package. $27k
  • jason275jason275 Member Posts: 1
    I just negotiated $34,900 for a 4Runner Limited V6 4x4 with all the required options (SR, EJ, GY, NH, RF), which I hope to pick up this weekend. The price I was quoted includes destination/freight, but does not include taxes, tag, proc. fee and any applicable rebates. I do not believe the price includes the RL, C7, WL and Z1 options. If your $35,500 price does not include the rebate, then it's a pretty good deal. Keep in mind that if the dealer sells you the car at invoice, it is still making $726 in dealer holdback from the manufacturer after the sale.
    Can't believe I baught a V-8 during a gas crunch, but couldn't bring myself to succomb to the temptation of the Highlander, Hondas, Pathfinder, Murano nor the rest of the car-based suvs (i.e. 4WD minivans, a.k.a. station wagon derivatives).

Anyway, pulled-the trigger on a Sport Edition 4X4 V8 wih Sunroof, Spoiler, JBL, mats, daytime running lights, a worthless DD cargo system and leather.

MSRP 35,431 + $1,450 Leather = $36,881

Paid 30,395 + $750 Leather + $250 processing fee = $31,395 after $1,000 rebate.

I used CarMax pricing ( where price = $30,458 + $100 processing fee + leather N/A) as they said they would beat any price and then got the leather down to cost. Ask the dealer about processing fees as they all have them (even Carmax), even though it's bunk.

That was a lot of cash for me, hope I love this thing! :)
  • mrockymrocky Member Posts: 1
    2005 4Runner 4X4, V6
    With
    AW 17" Alloy wheal
    TH 3rd row seats
    GY Curtain & Side Airbags Driver & Front; Front & 2nd Row Roll Sencing and Side Curtain Airbags
    DR Roof Rack & Cross Bar
    CF Carpet Floor Mats

MSRP $32,700
    Bought as $28,600 + 4% Tax + $299.00 Fee
  • 4runnerguy14runnerguy1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi All,

I just bought a Brand New 2005 4Runner SR5 with Moonroof, 17"Alloy Wheels, Black Roof Rail, Leather Steering Wheel (Audio Controls), leather shift knob, Double Decker Cargo System. The MSRP was $30065 I paid $25115 (after rebate) + $399 + 6.25 Tax for Texas. This was atleat $2000 cheaper then if I would have bought anywhere from Houston, Austin or Dallas. Therefore, I flew to Atlanta, picked up the vehicle and drove it back 900 miles. I saved a net $1500 after everything. SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DEAL TO ME !!! I am loving this vehicle and plan to enjoy it for many years to come. I bought it from Chris Miller at Sandy Springs Toyota.

Thanks ...
  • txcoupe1txcoupe1 Member Posts: 6
    FYI. Toyota of Lewisville (north of Dallas) has $4500 off MSRP on SR5's. :)
  • rko1rko1 Member Posts: 1
    I shopped around on the internet a lot and also got a lot of internet quotes from several different local dealers and finally decided to settle when 2 other dealers told me that they could not take my business even though they wanted it really bad. I actually was told by 2 seperate different dealers that I should go with what I was offered by Dublin Toyota. I paid 29000 out the door, and pay about 500 a month. The car is very very nice and I bargained a lot to get to this price. I was at the dealership for about 8 hours. Buying a car can be quick or it can take you all day and night. I think I was the last customer out of their dealership. All dealers may try to show you some sort of invoice but just beware that this obviously is not the REAL invoice but something that the mgr can change and alter to show you what kind of deal that you may think you are getting. Just shop around a lot and never settle for anything. This will be the biggest purchase of your life besides a house. good luck
  • farnorthfarnorth Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone gotten a deal on V6 limited in Canada. It seems all the dealers use
    Access pricing structure as arriving at the best price. This is the same as Toyota Canada's full suggested retail price. This is crazy. Who pays full price for anything anymore? I would appreciate any insights.
    Farnorth
  • yoshi1yoshi1 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a V-6 ltd. Toyota dealers in Canada have no option but to go with the access pricing or run the risk of loosing their toyota license. There was a program on this on W-5 or similar news show. Despite this some dealers will discount. I gave up and paid the Toyota price. Lots of new car manufacturers are going to no haggle pricing. My wife just bought a Volvo paid basically the full price.
  • andre7280andre7280 Member Posts: 2
    New 2005 V8 4x4 Sport Package, 17" alloy wheels, power locks & windows, heated mirrors, cloth seats, roof rack, running boards, driver and front passenger advanced airbags, carpet mats, security system upgrade, tow package with 7 pin to 4 pin converter, full time 4WD, wheel w/audio controls, fog lamps and other random stuff

$30,850
  • kemoputzkemoputz Member Posts: 3
    Good afternoon. I'm considering purchasing a 2005 4Runner SR5 V8 4x4 and I'm trying to figure out the invoice prices for the options I'd like to have. I've used Edmund's site, but not all of the options I want are listed.

Does anyone have the invoice prices for the following options?
    Extra Mile Option Package B (B0) - $613 MSRP
    Leather Interior Upgrade (L1) - $1420 MSRP
    Vehicle Sheild Package (P4) - $349 MSRP
    Double Decker Cargo System (CM) - $125 MSRP
    17" Alloy Wheels (AW) - $100 MSRP
    Daytime Running Lights (RL) - $40 MSRP

Thanks!
    kemoputz
  • lorryfanlorryfan Member Posts: 76
    kemoputz -

Go to http://www.carsdirect.com you will find allmost all the invoice prices you're looking for.

Hope this helps.....Good Luck!
  • sparklesparkle Member Posts: 2
    Just got my new sport edition

4x4 V6, Spoiler, Moonroof, Carpet and floor mats for

$29,000 - $500 (MR) - $400 (NewGraduateR) + TTL

Is it a good deal? After I offered the price 29000, they just though about for 5 mins and approved.

I guess Toyota must be providing some huge holdback for the high MPG trucks.
  • kemoputzkemoputz Member Posts: 3
    lorryfan,
    Thanks! That helped!

kemoputz
  • sparklesparkle Member Posts: 2
    Did anybody notice that the invoice price from carsdirect is higher than the price from MSN and KBB?
  • mtpulsarmtpulsar Member Posts: 10
    I just sold my 2002 4Runner Sport Edition ($20,500 w/48k miles) and I'm planning on getting a 2005 Limited. In reviewing the incentives, seems they haven't changed in months ( $1000 cash back, or low APR). I'm wondering if I should hold out until July in case there are any additional incentives for July 4. Seems the other manufacturers are offering extra savings. Anyone know if Toyota offers up additional incentives for July 4th.
    Thanks
  • magilla3magilla3 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you buy and how did you negotiate the price so low?
  • yaroshyarosh Member Posts: 14
    hi, i don't like toyota's options either. i am trying to buy a v-6 with x-reas and side curtain airbags. that would be a limited. they tell me that the v-6 is not as good an engine as the v-8. i had one rented in the desert for a week and liked it and want to use it a lot for city driving and would like to save gas. the v-8 is in constant 4-wheel drive. any thoughts from anybody about whether the v-8 is a better engine. i don't need to tow anything. thanks.
    does anybody h ave an opinion on V-6 vs V-8 outside of towing ability? dealer says V-8 is superior. anybody have experience? thanks
    from what i read, both are excellent. v8 has better torque and hp so it could be smoother at the cost of (slightly) more gas mpg and initial cost. if $ isnt a factor, get the v8 so u dont have the "would have, could have" regrets. i've v6 and like the ability to use RWD.
    hi, all the toyota dealers in the new your city area have terrible reviews. i've found the build i want out of town(x-reas plus curtain air bags) but was told i would have trouble if i bought it at a different place than where i'd get it serviced. Does anybody have experience with this? does anybody know a good reliable service for toyota in the new york city area? thanks
    hi, i live in new york and can't find a SR-5 with side curtain airbags. where did you get it? thanks
    Hi, Keep in mind that the V8 isn't really "locked" in 4WD all of the time. That is, the center differential is not locked. The Full-Time 4WD in the V-8 is quite an advancement over the 2WD to 4WD in the V6. The Full Time 4WD system in the V8 is actually an open center differential.

I also found quite a bit of ride difference with the V8 4WD over the V6 2WD. Perhaps from the added extra weight at the lower and center of the vehicle. Add the XREAS and you'll be having some serious fun on curves. Amazing how XREAS helps to curb body roll.

I'm getting about 17 MPG on premium and 16 MPG on regular fuel with a heavy foot and a mixed commute of approx. 50/50 HEAVY congestion and highway miles.

2005 Sport Edition 4WD V8 w/ LEATHER, Roof, Spoiler, DD Cargo, JBL Upgrade, Mats

MSRP: $36,881
    Paid: $31,145 + $250 Processing.
    actually you got the multimode 4th gen v6 4wd wrong. it's similar to the v8's except that v6's 4wd mode can be switched off into rwd mode. when v6's in 4wd, it's just like the v8's. in both you can lock or leave open the torsen cdiff.
  • jat2020jat2020 Member Posts: 2
    Am looking for a 4Runner Sport V6 2WD with only options of a moonroof and alarm system. With rebate ($1000)is $26,500 a good place to start?
    Please respond!