Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New S40/V50

1161718192022»

Comments

• volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    There is no catch. All fees(except the tax and license fees of your state) are covered.
    All of the European makes have a tourist program(except maybe Audi).
    The free Prem pkg is a VCNA promotion. Its only offered on the 04.5's.
    Because your already buying an Overseas car at a discount and getting 2 free plane tickets no VCNA promotion can be used w/ the OSD program.

OSD isn't always cheaper. It's simply a way to buy a car and have a memorable experience doing so. I just had a customer buy his first Volvo via OSD, he could stop talking about how wonderful his experience was.
  • ienneienne Member Posts: 4
    I'm interested in buying a 2004.5 Volvo S40. I've been hearing this OSD lately on the forum. I'm totally clueless as to the details of the program. Can someone fill me in with info. or a webiste?

Ienne
    hey bigbutr,
    I just came from a volvo dealership today. I'm interested in getting a 2004.5 Volvo S40. He did not offer me a free Premium package. But I did get an internet price offer of a 2004 S40 2.4i automatic trans with premium/climate package for $24,520. What was the final quote did he provide you? Should I mention that offer to another dealer next time?

Ienne
  • waybeyondwaybeyond Member Posts: 5
    Ienne,

Check out Volvo's OSD site (http://www.volvocars.us/FinancialServices/Overseas/) for more info and the Swedespeed OSD forum (http://forums.swedespeed.com/zeroforum?id=55) for stories from people who've taken advantage of this incentive.
    Feel free to email me if you have questions, or your local dealer will be happy to help.

Also, the quote you recieved included the free Prem pkg.
  • bpwrightwvbpwrightwv Member Posts: 17
    ienne

was this offer for the OSD purchase, or a purchase from the dealer stock? If from dealer stock, where are you located? Thanks
  • muddmudd Member Posts: 3
    Hi there. Does anyone know if you can get a larger and sportier gear shift handle for the auto trans? The standard one seems a little small and cheap feeling.

Thanks
    How did u know I received a free prem. package if he did not mention that it was free?

Ienne
    The price given to me isn't related to OSD, just from a dealer stock. I'm locateed in the washington dc/baltimore area.

Ienne
    The price your recieved is well below invoice. Only possible if the Prem pkg rebate was applied.
    why isn't this rebate advertised? i dont see it on the volvo website, haven't seen it here on edmunds.
  • spdfrkspdfrk Member Posts: 2
    Not all rebates are advertised. Volvo is advertising lease specials on the new S40.5 and other vehicles. Most of the incentives Volvo uses are dealer direct and are not consumer based(like the AARP or Volvo owners club)rebates. Check pricing at several dealers and you'll be surprised how far below invoice you can go. Believe me, I work at a dealership...
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    "Most of the incentives Volvo uses are dealer direct and are not consumer based"

Excuse my ignorance but how do you mean? You mean the incentives are not footed by the factory, but by the dealers?
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    It means that Volvo gives money to the dealer, that they can then choose to pass to the consumer by lowering the price. Dricet to the consumer is a typical rebate straight to the buyer from the manu.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Actually, the customer has to sign for the free Prem pkg offer.
    Since the offer came out @ July 1st, I'm not surprised that the websites don't have it.
  • girlpologirlpolo Member Posts: 5
    After a test drive of the V50 wagon today, I am really concerned about the Turbo Lag. My XC70 has a slight turbo lag, but the V50 T5 AWD has a pronounced lag. Has anyone else been bothered by this? Is it something that I can learn to adjust to, instead of jerking the car forward when the turbo catches?!
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    just get the 6 speed instead of the auto. Of course you lose the AWD.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Ienne
    care to share dealer name? Also, did the car quoted have metallic paint?
    if you're not sure, if it was any color other than red, black or white i think it has to be. Thanks in advance
    spdfrk/volvomax
    how will my 'local' dealer react if i buy from another, but bring the car in to him for my service? i will be sending email requests to the dealer i test drove at as well as a few others that are in route to/from my vacation destination. I dont want to alientate the local guy when i'll need him for service. Thanks in advance
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,890
    Well, I can tell you as a person who owns an S70 T5, and, therefore, has MORE turbo lag than the V50 you speak of, that it is something you can learn to adjust to. Of course, the only problem I have is getting into my wife's car on the weekends and really lunging off the line because I'm expecting lag when it doesn't have any. ;)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• josh684josh684 Member Posts: 55
    there should not be a problem when you bring it in for service. Service dept. is different than sales and the service dept. just wants to get good marks when volvo calls you, so they take care of you. I have had no problems with the same situation you could be in.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Well, we've let this discussion continue on the Future Vehicles board long after the cars have been available, so it's time to close up and continue elsewhere. For S40 fans, please visit one of these:
    Volvo S40
    Volvo S40: Prices Paid & Buying Experience

If you're a V50 fan, you'll want to visit the Wagons board. There's not an active discussion on this wagon, but if you post in the Lost in Town Hall discussion on that board, the archived topic can be reactivated. Thanks, everyone!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.