Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• easym1easym1 Member Posts: 218
    By the way my friends, Murano have a very good competitor, The Mazda CX-7. The price is right to attract a lot of Murano buyers. I've seen it at the Nissan dealership and it looks pretty good in and out. Few friends say the same thing after they've seen it. Once Nissan realize that, they will surely give more incebtives for the Muranos. But CX-7 buyers will have to settle for premium gas.
  • terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    It's like renting from somewhere else besides Hertz....it's "not exactly" a Mo, but a good runner up.... :P

Locale Zip: 89501

Trim: CX-7 AWD Grand Touring
    Trans: 6-Spd Auto
    Engine: 244-hp 2.3L DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder :surprise:
    Drive: 4-Wheel Drive

Colors

Exterior: COPPER RED MICA
    Interior: SAND Leather

Base MSRP: $28,595*

Options

Packages:
    TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE $4,005
    240W BOSE® 9-SPEAKER CENTERPOINT® SURROUND SYSTEM W/AUDIOPILOT®
    DVD NAVIGATION SYSTEM W/VOICE COMMAND AND TOUCH SCREEN
    REARVIEW CAMERA
    IN-DASH 6-DISC CD CHANGER
    PWR MOONROOF W/INTERIOR SUNSHADE
    MAZDA ADVANCED KEYLESS ENTRY AND START SYSTEM PERIMETER ALARM

PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PACKAGE: $170

CARGO NET
    CARGO TRAY
    REAR BUMPER GUARD
    WHEEL LOCKS

Individual Options:

COMPASS/AUTO-DIM MIRROR WITH HOMELINK: $250
    SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO: $430

Total MSRP: $33,450*

* MSRP includes destination charges but excludes tax, title and license fees. Destination charges may vary in Alaska and Hawaii. Actual dealer price may vary.

Fuel Information: CITY/HIGHWAY MPG: 18/24

Estimated Annual Fuel Cost: $2138

4-CYLINDER, 138 CUBIC INCH DISPLACEMENT. ELECTRONIC GASOLINE INJECTION. 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC OD TRANSMISSION. CATALYST EQUIPPED.

Warranty Information 2007 Vehicles:

Our 36-month/36,000-mile "Bumper-to-Bumper", no-deductible limited warranty.

Our 60-month/60,000-mile “Powertrain Limited Warranty”

24-hour Emergency Roadside Assistance to take care of you if the unexpected happens on the road.

Standard Features

Safety & Security:

ADVANCED DUAL FRONT AIR BAGS
    FRONT SIDE-IMPACT AIR BAGS
    3-POINT FRONT SEATBELTS
    LATCH REAR CHILD SAFETY SEAT
    DYNAMIC STABILITY CONTROL AND TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM
    TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
    REMOTE KEYLESS ILLUMINATED ENTRY
    ANTI-THEFT ENGINE IMMOBILIZER
    FRONT & REAR SIDE AIR CURTAINS WITH ROLL-OVER PROTECTION
    24 HOUR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

Interior:
    5-PASSENGER SEATING
    GT LEATHER TRIMMED SEATS
    CARPETED FLOOR MATS
    60/40 SPLIT FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS
    8-WAY POWER DRIVER SEAT
    HEATED FRONT SEATS
    AUTO UP/DOWN FRONT WINDOW WITH ANTI-PINCH AND REMOTE OPEN
    3-SPOKE TILT STEERING WHEEL WITH AUDIO & CRUISE CONTROLS
    LEATHER WRAPPED PIANO BLACK ACCENT STEERING WHEEL &SHIFT KNOB
    AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
    POWER DOOR LOCKS & WINDOWS
    FRONT SEATBACK MAP POCKET
    REAR SEAT CENTER ARMREST
    CUP/BOTTLE HOLDERS,4 FRONT/2REAR
    LOCKABLE CENTER CONSOLE
    RETRACTABLE CARGO COVER
    TWO 12 VOLT POWER OUTLETS
    REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
    ELECTROLUMINESCENT GAUGES WITH INDIRECT BLUE LIGHTING
    AM/FM/CD/CLOCK AUDIO W/4 SPEAKERS

Exterior:
    18-INCH ALUMINUM ALLOY WHEELS
    P235/60R18 ALL SEASON TIRES
    AUTO-ON/OFF XENON HEADLIGHTS WITH MANUAL LEVELING/FOG LIGHTS
    BODY COLOR HEATED POWER MIRRORS
    VARIABLE-INTERMITTENT WIPERS
    FIXED-INTERMITTENT REAR WIPER
    CHROME DOOR HANDLES
    REAR PRIVACY GLASS
    ROOF SPOILER

Engine & Mechanical:

2.3L DOHC 16-VALVE 4 CYL TURBO- CHARGED & INTERCOOLED DISI (DIRECT INJECTION SPARK IGNITION) ALL ALUMINUM ENGINE
    244 HP; 258 LB FT TORQUE
    6-SPEED SPORT AT W/SPORT SHIFT
    ACTIVE TORQUE SPLIT AWD
    INDEPENDENT FRONT MACPHERSON STRUT,REAR MULTI-LINK SUSPENSION
    FRONT AND REAR STABILIZER BARS
    POWER RACK-AND-PINION STEERING
    VENTILATED 4-WHEEL DISC BRAKES
    ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM W/EBD AND BRAKE ASSIST
  • exbauerexbauer Member Posts: 29
    I was recently in the market for a new SUV and ended up purchasing a Nissan Murano. What attracted me to the Mazda CX-7 was the value. You do get a lot for the money. But, I didn’t like the interior of the Grand Touring model with the faux animal skin down the middle of the seat. If I got the Mazda CX-7 it would have to be the Grand Touring model since it was the only model with xenon headlights. Then I test drove it and didn’t like the turbo since it is not a smooth powerband like the Murano thanks to the CVT transmission. So, I ended up getting a Murano in the end and couldn’t be happier.
  • nomatternomatter Member Posts: 36
    Hello everyone. I was just wondering what mileage I should read on the odometer when I buy new. The one I am getting has 40 miles on it, and I was told it is not a demo. Does 40mi sound correct for a new car? Thanks.
    In a word, yes. :)

They are driven onto the ship, off it, driven for prep and after delivery items added. Then onto trucks, off them, and around the dealers lot. Perhaps even from one dealer to another, if they trade them. Your warranty begins with the actual miles on it, delivered. Make sure their paperwork to the DMV has the correct mileage listed.
  • tig2002tig2002 Member Posts: 81
    I know it is difficult to calculate the true cost of the vehicle when you trade in because there is always a gap between trade-in value and purchase price that stays the same while negotiating trade-in value and purchase price, but I would like to know if this sounds a good deal (Salt Lake City, UT). Trading-in my '04 SL AWD Murano, 38,900 miles with cloth seats (all basic features) with '07 SL AWD Murano w/touring package + XM Radio, cargo protector, floor mats, mud guards, roof rail crossbars, wind deflector and towing package: getting $21,500 for old and buying new for $35,214. Calculated 39-month lease through Nissan is $424.68 + sales tax. Is there more room for negotiations? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Good price. I would see if you can also get the Tech package thrown in. Then take it! ;)
    Thanks for quick reply. I am not sure what Tech package means but guessing that it is a free oil change for year or similar. I just went through Lease Information Sheet received from dealer where he calculated my lease payment and found weird fees: Inception fees - $1,068.08(!) deducted from Equity in Trade and $550.00 Assignment Fee. While I assume that Assignment Fee is fee that dealers usually charge (looks pretty high) I do not understand what the line for Inception Fees is for. Could someone explain? Does this look real? Thanks again.
    No!

Its the vehicle stability control, etc. :)
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    I'm confused, are you trading a paid off 04 and leasing a new one? Are you saying that you are getting 21,000 toward the lease/purchase of a new one?
    Actually I closed the deal today. I traded my '04 that I still owed for to the bank. The difference between payoff amount and trade-in (around $1,800) used as down payment for leasing new one. Got $20,500 for my '04 SL AWD basic with cloth seats (nothing else but towing hitch that I bought a while ago on eBay and installed myself) and lowered the price for new silver with tan interior '06 SL AWD with touring package, floor mats, roof rails, sunroof wind deflector, cargo cover and mud guards from $36,525 MSRP to $33,850. Result - 39-month lease at $396 + tax monthly payment with no money out of pocket but first lease payment. Is this a good deal? After 2 days negotiations dealer could not squeeze the numbers any further and could not agree to throw in towing package, could not even offer free oil change for year. Of course I would like to hear that this is a good deal but I also can handle the truth if it is not because I really fell in love with this beauty.
  • leslienationleslienation Member Posts: 41
    Hi! i Just brought my new 06 Murano S AWD today. It come w/ the Convenience Package,Carpeted Floor Mat, Splash Guard, Cargo Area Protector and Roof Rail Crossbars. The MSRP is 31075. And I got it for 28236 jsut need to plus taxes and DMV fee. the total is 32766.I trade in my old car for 2500 and put down 6000 down payment. In addition. Nissan is doing 4% APR for 60 mo. Therefore, each month I just pay back 404. Is it a good price? Is my car price is cheap or i can get lower then 28236. Please advise. Thanks. :confuse:
  • tmnjmaxtmnjmax Member Posts: 19
    Thats a decent price. I got mine last month, same car in superblack msrp $31075 with decor package (wheel locks,pin stripes, door guards) list was $31600. I paid $27899 plus tax and tags. I leased mine using Nissans 1.39 percent 39 month rate.

Don't ever worry about a few hundred dollars,
    you bought a great car- enjoy it. The price difference could be regional. I'm in south jersey where are you located?
    Tkz for your info. I lived in NYC. I got mine in Long Island
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter seeks to interview people who switched from a GM model, Chrysler 300C, or a Ford to a Toyota, Honda or Nissan. Please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, October 18, 2006 with a few relevant comments and your daytime contact info.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• turbozturboz Member Posts: 11
    Assignment Fee ? Uh that sounds more like "Rip Off Fee" buyer beware.
    ;)
    Zoravar,

Got mine in Ontario for $38,500 Including Sunroof Pkg, MSRP was $42,995. Lease came to $565 with 0 down 48mo, I think it was a very good deal. Love the car so far.
    Actually this fee is listed in lease agreement as acquisition fee. I have been told by several dealers that this fee is collected up front by leasing company. The amount of $550.00 was same at all Nissan dealerships for same leasing company - Nissan-Infinity LT. I hope this is true. Anybody else paid acquisition fee when signed leasing agreement?
    tig2002 ,

Ok that's a different story , yes Nissan charges that fee if you choose to buy out the car off lease so in this scenario technically you have to pay it, however since you are getting brand new car from them they (either the dealer or Nissan) should waive it for you.
    Thanks for the info. How do I proof that this fee should be waived if I lease brand new car. Can I still go to the dealer and ask for $550 refund?
    Waiving it should be part of the new deal, if you already paid it , you're probably out of luck on this one. They are not obligated to waive it but if you are persistent enough they should do it as part of the new deal. I've leased many cars and a number of times I terminated the lease early and trade up for a newer vehicle and got that fee waived every time. Remember there is no physical costs associated with this fee, it's just and administration charge they set out in the contract. My last car I traded up before Murano, they waived the admin fee and the charges for excess milage but I made sure it was part of the new deal.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a national newspaper is looking to speak current or previous large SUV owners that are looking to or have downsized to smaller SUVs or crossover vehicles. Please provide your daytime contact info to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Friday, October 20, 2006.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter from a national newspaper is looking to speak current or previous large SUV owners that are looking to or have downsized to smaller SUVs or crossover vehicles. Please provide your daytime contact info to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Friday, October 20, 2006.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

turboz,

It seems that you are well experienced in leasing. Since this is the first time I lease a vehicle I would like to ask you to share your experience. How dealers treat you when you come back to lease another vehicle or return old one and walk away? Does condition matter if you want to purchase the vehicle that you leased at the end of lease? How can you terminate lease early (i.e. after 24 months) and what are consequences? In my understanding I will not be able to negotiate the price of next vehicle aggressively and, as result, lease monthly payment as I am very much dependent on dealer that will be taking my Murano back, especially if it is not in condition that they expect it supposed to be (mileage, scratches, etc.). What about if after 39 months I want to lease brand other than Nissan?
  • theymightberyatheymightberya Member Posts: 2
    So, I figure this is the place to post this. I just picked up my Sunset Red SL FWD last night. It is an 07 model with Touring/XM package, DVD Entertainment system, cargo protector thing, roof rails, and maybe a few other little things. The sticker was $37,100. I got them to sell me the car for $33,595. I love this car. I pitted two dealerships against each other. I told them that I was doing that; I was always completely upfront with them. I told them over various emails that I would not come in to look at the car unless they gave me their lowest price. Each time a dealer sent me a price, I would let the other dealer know what it was, and would see if they could beat it. When they did, I would take that new low price to the previous dealer. I finally got to a point where I was really comfortable that I was getting a good deal. I told the dealership that did not get my business what the final price was that I accepted, and thanked them for their time and efforts. I purchased from Round Rock Nissan just north of Austin, TX. Hope this helps you all in your search for the good deal on a car. Hopefully I am not fooling myself about the deal. They showed me their invoice and the price I got was $100.00 below invoice. Not sure how it could get much better than that.
  • ctxctx Member Posts: 50
    That's great! I live in Austin also and got my '06 SL/FWD/Touring last April for about $500 under invoice. *But* I had to drive to Houston to do it. None of the 3 Austin dealers were dealing at the time. One guy at Maxwell Town North told me he didn't have to because Muranos were hot (whatever!!) Anyhow, sounds like they are loosening up a bit. I would have much prefered to purchase in my home town.
  • theymightberyatheymightberya Member Posts: 2
    Wow, that's interesting. Town North told me the same thing in July. And when I was shopping the dealerships over the internet, the only dealer that did not respond to me was Town North. I have bought two cars from them in the past, but won't be dealing with them again. Too bad too, cuz they are much more conveniently located to me than the other two.

In fairness, the salesman I bought from in Round Rock did say that during the summer, Muranos were harder to come by, and so the dealerships were not as willing to negotiate on price as they are now. So, I guess there is some legitimacy to the claim of scarcity earlier this year.
  • munabhaimunabhai Member Posts: 6
    go to Nissanusa.com and search for delears in your area. You will get a list of dealers in your specified radius. The list has a link to dealers website and a link to delears inventory. You can check the dealers inventory or go to their website and get the email addresses. So times they do not have a email address but they have a provision to write a message to sales department on their website. Always try tpo write to the internet sales manager.

Hope this helps
  • cocolo2kcocolo2k Member Posts: 18
    I am interested in buying a '06 Murano I want the tech and touring package with it. I was wondering if anybody in NY had any experience with a good dealer. I want to put down about 5000 and try to keep the payments short and sweet. ANY advice?
  • ctxctx Member Posts: 50
    Town North is the most convenient to me also. Can't believe the selling *strategy* of some of the salesmen but oh well. Houston was only 150 miles away.. :cry: The Service department at Town North has been pretty good to me so perhaps that makes up for it.
    Check back a few pages in this thread....a few have posted about the great prices they got in NYC.... ;)
  • ysautoysauto Member Posts: 42
    I am looking for the best price found in the NY area for a 2006 Murano SL AWD?
  • steveo5steveo5 Member Posts: 5
    bot an '06 Murano w/tech pkg, + Sirius radio, premium pkg, and no destination chg in May from Garden City Nissan for $31,000. No hassle!
  • steveo5steveo5 Member Posts: 5
    neglected to mention in previous posting that it is an '06 SL AWD w/tech pkg, Sirius radio, prem pkg and no destination chg for $31,000. At list, would have been over $38,000!
  • ysautoysauto Member Posts: 42
    Who was your sales person? if you don't mind.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tmnjmaxtmnjmax Member Posts: 19
    Thats incredible - when you say tech package, do you mean the NAV system?
    Maybe the Dynamic Control package.....
  • patsfan33patsfan33 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in Massachusetts and am looking at a 2007 S AWD with the convenience package, carpeted mats, splash guards, cargo area protector and roof crossbars for $27,900. Is this a good price? We haven't even spoke about the trade in yet.
    According to what others are posting here, that price should be for a SL, not S. ;)

Look at the difference in price, MSRP, and the equipment on the SL, and then what the additions to the S would cost you.....
    Looking back at postings in October, I found 2 people with 2006 (not 2007) S AWD models with same configuration for 28300 & 27900. I couldn't find any SL's for this price, low was around $31000.
  • glendowerglendower Member Posts: 32
    I'm in Massachusetts and would like the same configuration. At which dealer have you been given this price? Thanks.
    I got 06 model for the same thing. 30K OTD. car price itself is like 28K. but now i am regrest. if u can try to get the SL model. for little bt more. b/c S doesnot come w/ moon roof and mp3 player. S doen not come w/ anything.
    Marlboro Nissan. Others (Bancroft, Ira & Ron Bouchard) were just slightly higher. I'd stay away from Glick as they appear to play games.
    The SL does come with additional features (e.g., rear-view monitor, six speakers, fog lights, etc.), but moonroof requires the sunroof package, and that, in turn, requires the touring package, so the cost is quite substantial. SL, however, may be a better value than an S with convenience package.
    Yes, and fetch more $$ upon trade-in or outright sale. For only very few dollars per month on a lease or monthly payments. Ditto the AWD. ;)
    Agree, Terry.

Interestingly, the convenience package on the S includes adjustable pedals, which are not standard on the SL but require an expensive package. Crazy packaging. I'm now looking for an SL with mats, splash guards, and maybe cargo container.

Thanks, patsfan33, for the tip on the Marlboro dealer.
    Keep in mind that the dealers seem to have configurations that are not listed on the Nissan website, which is odd to me....

I am on my second Mo, and this last time opted for the SE. The price I paid for it, before tax and license, was no more than the SL I configured and was quoted on by other dealers, yet included more.
  • nonienonie Member Posts: 1
    Hye, guys.
    I'm just looking for a 07 Murano SL AWD with sunroof package. A dealer offers me $31300 plus ttl. I wonder whether it is a good deal.
    It's around Seattle area.
    Thanks.
    Read the last two pages or so of this forum, for a good idea. ;)

I plucked this one from a few posts back:

#1049 of 1064 Re: Best prices on 2006 loaded Murano [ysauto] by steveo5 Nov 03, 2006 (5:33 am)
    Bookmark | Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: ysauto (Oct 31, 2006 7:51 am)

neglected to mention in previous posting that it is an '06 SL AWD w/tech pkg, Sirius radio, prem pkg and no destination chg for $31,000.