Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gstangstan Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased an 06 Murano AWD here in Miami, Florida. The MSRP was $36,570 which consisted of the touring package and DVD entertainment. The out the door priced I paid was $33,100 which is about $50 below invoice.
  • terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    S, SL or SE :confuse:
  • gstangstan Member Posts: 3
    It was an SL model.
  • ts1234ts1234 Member Posts: 21
    Purchased 2006 Murano AWD SL in late October, Detroit area.
    After walking out the door with a price 800 bucks higher than I wanted to pay, I got a call a week later from the salesman, accepting my offer from the first visit, $33,200,
    out the door plus sales tax. MSRP $36,380. Thought it was fair deal, not many 06's left on the lot and got the color I wanted. Just hate the cat and mouse games with the sales manager and salesman. So far happy with car, only problem
    headlights are out of alignment, one higer than the other.

Been reading the Murano forum for the past year, thanks for all the information.
  • pvsurferpvsurfer Member Posts: 50
    I've been looking for, but unable to find, a 2007 SL with the Dynamic Vehicle Control package. Seems to me that DVC ia one of the most important options offered, and frankly I can't understand why it's not standard equipment. After all, a similar stability package is standard equipment on Honda and Toyota SUVs!
    Dynamic Control Package (SL, SE) has a MSRP of $750, and is available only on the SL & SE.

Do you mean you can't find a Murano with only that package, or there are none at the dealers you looked at :confuse:

You can go to the Nissan website, and inventory search for what you want from dealers within 100 miles of you. I agree, all should be equipped with it, but I also don't understand why someone would buy a Mo without the AWD. Many disagree with me. ;)
    Hi Terry. What I meant was my local dealer didn't have any SL's with the VDC option!

I want VDC because it's a major safety factor when cornering. On the other hand, I don't want AWD because driving in So. California, the weather is usually great (other than some rain). So AWD will just cost me $1500 more to buy it and will result in less mileage and a higher insurance premium!
    -1 MPG, for the AWD. AWD is great for slick roads as well as snow. But perhaps you don't ski.

Anyway, check a wider area. I know the Nissan Dealer in Indio/La Quinta has some, and some other dealers in South County OC. I would also check the big Nissan shop in El Monte, but I can't remember their name. ;)
    Btw, the sales mgr at my local Nissan dealer gave me a pretty convincing sales-pitch about not even thinking of buying a Murano without also buying Nissan's 7-year extended warranty (in actuality, it extends the bumper-to-bumper warranty from 3 to 7 years).

Do you think it's really worth the $2,000 they are asking for it?
    Others have posted here they have been offered a price of $1500. You can also buy it from the Edmunds partner, Warranty Direct.com, for longer and more included coverage. Check their price on the "PowerWrap+" before you buy.
  • ovisenthilovisenthil Member Posts: 4
    I purchased 2007 SL AWD with options

SL Touring Package w/Sirius Radio
    Dynamic control package
    DVD based Navigation System
    Roof Rail Crossbars
    Cargo Area Protector
    SL Splash Guards

extra options
    black pinstrip sticker on the sides
    and black thick piece which sits on the top of the front grille to protect from scratches

includes Destination Charge $650

MSRP $39830 (edmunds)
    Invoice price $36244

Purchase price $36100

Thanks for all the persons who gave their valuable info as i have been going through this site for 3 to 4 months.

Is it a fair deal?
    You got that 2007 SL for $144 UNDER invoice?

Where and how???
    Route One Auto Mall
    90-100 Route 1 North
    Avenel, NJ 07001
    based upon the forum info I started bargaining from $35000.
    Just One month before they agreed for $35570 for 2007 SL AWD and $34300 for 2006 SL AWD without the extra options. but since the dealer had car with those extra options and also nissan slightly increased the rates for the regular options like Dynamic package etc . so i ended up at $36100. Also the Sales people i met was nice guys.
    I've been car-shopping (in So. CA) for an '07 SL with pretty much the same options as yours and the best I'm able to do is $100 OVER invoice deal on any Murano, using Costco's referral service.

Furthermore, my local dealer doesn't have one with the VDC option and says if he has to trade with another Nissan dealer to get the options I want, the deal jumps to $400 OVER invoice!!!
    they had only one with those options. Try and search for big auto malls around your area and you'll get good deals on those malls and also they might have one or two left
    Well the closest 'auto-mall' is about 40 miles from my house, but it just might be worth the trip.

Btw, did you buy (or are you considering) an extended warranty?
    I am considering it.I'll buy separately as mentioned in the forum
    "Might" be worth the trip? :surprise:

Drive to OC, dude. Half an hour, save $1000 or so.....
    OC covers a lot of territory (and several dealers) - can you narrow it down?
  • baybaybaybay Member Posts: 6
    Anyone have any recommendations for where to buy here in AZ---phoenix/scottsdale metro. Purchased first MO from Pinnacle Peak, have not liked their service and definetly did not like the process for buying. Did the costco price ended up with a green sales person and it was quite painful.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. : :)
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    I thought my headlights were out of alignment. Was told they are "supposed" to be that way. The reason is so as not to blind oncoming drivers by having it pointed it too high into their eyes. It made sense to me. They sure are bright! That's one of my favorite things!
  • ssmirnoffssmirnoff Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am being offered $300 over invoice for '07 SL AWD with a sunroof package in San Francisco Bay Area area.

Are anyone getting a better deal?

Thanks
    Are you a Costco member? If not, joining may save you a couple of hundred... In LA, a Costco referral gets you any Murano equipped any way you wish for $100 over invoice.
  • glendowerglendower Member Posts: 32
    Just signed a purchase agreement for a merlot 2007 SL Touring with the Dynamic Control package. Was told it was the only one like it in New England (located at another dealer). $100 over invoice and a very generous allowance for our trade.

Strange that Pilot EX has VDC standard but with Murano you have to get the SL Touring package and even then they're next to impossible to find.
    thanks for letting me know. If a Costco referral gets you $100 over invoice, now I know what I should be aiming for as well :-D
    Congratulations on finding one (I assume it's FWD) with VDC. You got a good deal at $100 over invoice (judging from my Costco deal).

Btw, did you get an extended warranty?
    what's interesting - Edmunds TMV is so much off of the prices I am being offered for Murano SL '07. I am getting offered almost invoice price, TMV is very close to MSRP. Anybody knows what is going on? :-/

Are TMV's so much delayed? Do I get so much lower price when I initiate a contact through email, while "walkin's" are paying close to MSRP?
    Yes, I agree, almost as if Edmunds is really behind what the market is doing, suddenly. :sick:
    That's a good point and I've noticed similarly high TMVs with some other cars I've been comparing to the Murano as well. :confuse:
    pvsurfer, it's a Merlot SL, AWD with Touring package and VDC. $100 over invoice with a very, very generous trade (signed deal on November 30). Nissan of Bourne here on Cape Cod. So far they're very impressive to deal with. Buffet dinner for new owners every month with gifts and a raffle. $20 oil changes. Wash and vacuum car with each service, etc.

And, yes, I did get the extended warranty, Gold preferred 7/70 with $50 deductible for $1211--supposedly at dealer cost. I'd be interested in what others here have to say about that price. Bought one at the same time for the 2004 Z we acquired used at a Ford dealer back in March--also supposedly at cost.
    Sounds like a very impressive deal!

I think you paid a very fair price for the extended warranty as well, with $50 deductible.

Enjoy your Mo! :)
    First, congratulations on an exc deal on a really nice vehicle... Enjoy!

I don't know what dealer-cost is for your Extended Warranty, but I assume it extends the factory's 3-year 'bumper-bumper' warranty for an additional 4 years and if so, it's worth what you paid for it.
    "I don't know what dealer-cost is for your Extended Warranty, but I assume it extends the factory's 3-year 'bumper-bumper' warranty for an additional 4 years and if so, it's worth what you paid for it."

That's what it does. I asked why they would sell the warranty at cost (and they did the same for the Z) and was told it was because they didn't want Nissan customers unhappy as a result of large repair bills that had to be paid out of pocket. Seemed plausible but also too generous a practice for the typical car dealer.

I was suspicious at first because I paid $885 for a 7-year, 100,000 extended warranty on a Honda Odyssey in 2000, and $1200 seemed like a lot. [In typical Honda fashion, the only glitch in seven years was a failed oxygen sensor two months ago.]

We're just back from a 400-mile trip to Connecticut and the Mo was wonderful to drive. Ron Kiino of Car and Driver called it "the Z of sport-utes" and he's right. What a difference from the Odyssey, which is a pretty darn nice-driving minivan.
    "I asked why they would sell the warranty at cost (and they did the same for the Z) and was told it was because they didn't want Nissan customers unhappy as a result of large repair bills that had to be paid out of pocket"

When you think about it, that's an implication of questionable build-quality... Very strange thing for a salesman to say! :surprise:
    I'm about a week away from buying an SL but I have an 'FWD vs AWD' dilemma, so I would appreciate some feedback.

I live in So Cal - so it's not likely my SL will see any snow. While the climate here is typically stone-dry, we do get some heavy rain storms for a few months every year.

The way I see it, the AWD will rarely 'kick-in', costs more to buy and more to insure... Am I missing anything? :confuse:
    Well, first the AWD Murano isn't more to insure. I think the idea comes from SUV's, the truck-like ones, and Jeeps. Since the Mo isn't really an off-road type of vehicle, there isn't really a price difference. My first, a mistake, was two wheel drive, my second AWD. Taking into account the three years in between, my policy increased exactly $45 per year.

I spend half my time in Palm Springs, so we get far less rain than you. You never drive to Big Bear in the Winter? Never plan on taking a road trip with it? Even on rain slick streets the AWD will keep you safer, and in better control. Even in cornering, it applies optimal traction when needed, so don't think of it only kicking in when it snows.

Not to mention the increased value when you go to sell it, or trade it in. ;)
    Thanks for the feedback Terry, all very good points, but in fact, I'm not a 'snow person'. And while I will take trips outside of So Cal, they will be in spring/summer.

However, your safety issues are very convincing and for that reason alone AWD appeals to me!
    Take a long test drive. I think you will really appreciate the driving aspects of the AWD as compared to the FWD, especially if you take it up into the hills. ;)
  • hanhtranhanhtran Member Posts: 11
    25,795.00 plus ttl quoted from an Irvine Dealer.
    Decent?
    That all depends....

....how about the specifics?
    Base model, not a single thing included.
    For around $26,000 I have seen people posting here for an "SL", not a "S". I would shop North County San Diego as well, to be sure.... :)
    That's a pretty good price for a 2006... $25,795 is $375 below invoice ($26,169)for an S FWD. Imho, the best price you could get on a 2007 S FWD would be $26,269. So you have to ask yourself it it's worth getting a year old model to save about $475.
    Wouldn't the imediate depreciation on the '06 be greater than $475 :confuse:
    Probably so, but the way I look at it we all take a 1st year depreciation hit regardless, so if hanhtran is planning to keep the car several years, it doesn't much matter.
    Well, one might assume no matter how long he keeps it, in the end, a 2007 will be worth more than a 2006.

Therefore, if the 2007 cost him an amount less than the first year's depreciation, it would be wiser to buy the 2007, no?
    "A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush"

Actually, you could be right - I really don't know.
    Recieved another quote, this time from Tustin.
    25,740 for a 2007 Murano S, Base Model.
    What are your opinions on it?
    Thank in advance.
    That's like fifty bucks lower than the last and a 2007, not a 2006!

Snap it up. :)

If you can afford it, and since they are obviously agressive in their pricing, check and see how much extra an SL would cost you. If it is $1500-$1800 more, buy it! ;)
    It's hard to believe Tustin Nissan will honor the quote hanhtran received on a 2007 Murano. Best I can tell, it's $400 UNDER invoice!