Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• beluschbelusch Member Posts: 9
    From my experience, Nissan had a 3% holdback...
  • bradpennockbradpennock Member Posts: 32
    It's possible you were able to get a 3% holdback... but I ran the numbers while the sales manager went to bring back the invoice/holdback sheet and my numbers calculated at 2% matched his sheet. Again, this was on an 09 Murano. It might be different for earlier models. Above all, I really appreciate forums like this where we can exchange information and find ways to purchase vehicles at the lowest possible price.

From my experience, Nissan had a 3% holdback
  • poohsavybearpoohsavybear Member Posts: 7
    Max47 – I’m not sure why you are pooh poohing me and I am certainly not full of it. Given what some are getting on their new Muranos such as Cscardycat ($1500 under invoice), I don’t mind sharing my great deal. I’ll caveat it with it was the end of the month (and end of anniversary sales event), I was dealing one on one with the new car sales manager via the internet, and since the 2009 Murano SL AWD (MSRP $37,990 and Invoice $34,615) we came in buy had been sold by another manager – we were offered a sweet price on an LE to “seal the deal.” This is what we got:
    2009 Murano LE AWD
    Navigation System
    Dual Panel Moonroof
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats
    Total MSRP - $39,920
    Invoice - $36,628
    PRICE PAID - $34,911 ***This is cheaper than our lowest quote for a leftover 2007 SL AWD.
    Also we did take our trade to Carmax at Dulles and they gave us $3000 more than what the dealer offered us so we made out just fine. As I previously posted, I highly recommend doing your homework (this forum totally helped me – thanks all), research prices in your area on this forum and look at local dealers internet prices, know exactly what you want/options, target the end of the month/last weekend as dealers have sales goals to meet (number of cars sold – sometimes they have to let a car go at no profit to meet a goal number), and use the internet and fax to your advantage – it will save you time and money. Goodluck to everyone!
  • musky300musky300 Member Posts: 7
    It's impossible to know for sure if someone is telling the truth on a forum/message board...that being said, you have to question when something seems out of line or "too good to be true".

poohsavybear: You have provided information and seem to be credible, but I'll explain why others might have a hard time believing:

I just bought the EXACT same vehicle. 2009 Murano LE with Nav., Dual Moonroof, Splash Guards, and Floormats. I have spent the last 2 months researching prices, dealers, and this website and others as to what people are ACTUALLY paying.

I contacted THIRTEEN different dealerships in 3 different states. All via Internet Sales Managers. I got lots of low quotes...then took those low quotes and took them back and forth between dealers to get the best price. I pushed several past the point where they could go no lower and basically had to tell me no and watch me walk.

After a couple weeks, I worked with a dealerships that had the most passion to getting my business with the lowest price and I got the vehicle as stated for $35,900...which is $728 under invoice. I don't think anybody else could have gotten lower with the same situation as me. Of course I could've contacted more dealerships and my area of the country could make a difference, but looking at your price, which is almost a full $1000 LESS than what I paid...I can see why people question a dealer selling a new Murano for that much under invoice.

Competition drives people to do crazy things, so I believe you paid that...but I would also say it was probably a large exception rather than the rule in pricing these new Muranos.
    Wow, congrats PoohSavyBear! I ran your numbers and the 2% dealer holdback on your 09 LE came out to $798.40. So you paid just about $620 BELOW even the dealer holdback amount off the invoice price! I'll definitely remember this next time I buy...wow! Thanks for the info!
  • poohsavybearpoohsavybear Member Posts: 7
    musky300 - I totally understand about really believing what people say on these boards. I can say that what I've read up on this boards really helped me on my buying experiences - with this 09 Murano, my 07 Maxima, and my 05 Pathfinder (all purchased under invoice). I definitely agree with you that my price was the exception and certainly NOT the norm. I was able to use someone's post that Fitzmall in the area was offering online $600 under invoice that this dealer was matching for an SL AWD we came to buy. Given that it had sold, he didn't want to lose the deal and offered one we couldn't refuse/dumb to walk away with. Plus it was the end of the month so they already knew what their net was for the month - number of cars sold, etc. There are so many Nissan dealers in the DC/Baltimore/Richmond area that you can get competition going at the end of the month. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of dealers that told me they weren't selling 09 Muranos anywhere near invoice price. I know they lost money on my purchase - the manager showed me his sheet and it was negative $1000+ and he said he's seen it where it's positive $4000. Anyway just wanted to let you all now and thanks for all the info. Goodluck in buying a new Murano - they are gorgeous/luxurious!
    I think many of these deals we are reading about happened at the end of last month and at the end of the Nissan Anniversary Sale which ended 3/31. The end of the month is always the best time other than Christmas. A dealer could sell their car and give everything away including the holdback knowing that you couldn't touch the incentives they were going to receive from Nissan for selling a certain number of vehicles. Many in my area, Salt Lake City, UT were offering the 09 Murano under invoice. My final OTD price calculated out to a 3% holdback, but I didn't see the actual invoice, so I am more inclined to believe the 2% holdback as a general rule from a previous post since they were able to see the paperwork. In any case, some people have gotten some great deals and I have learned alot from this forum. The deals are out there, you just have to make them happen and sometimes be a little patient!! :shades:
    If you are looking for a bumber protector for your 09 Murano, make sure it is an accessory that has been installed by the factory. Some models like the LE, may come with it, it just depends how your dealer ordered the car. Currently, that is the only way you are going to get one.

My dealer, after talking with Nissan, has indicated that Nissan has yet to release a bumper protector for the 09 and the older models won't fit due to the redesign. It shows one is available on Nissanusa.com and they do intend to release it in the future but no information on a date was released. The bumper protector that is being installed by the factory actually requires some slits in the bumper and some clips. When they release the bumper protector, it is suppose to be tool less, so probably adhesive.
  • martinrrrrmartinrrrr Member Posts: 12
    Ok, here is the deal that I got in Nashville.
    2009 SL FWD Platinum Graphite
    Technology Package
    Navigation System
    Leather Package
    Dual Panel Moonroof
    Premium Package
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats
    Cargo Protector
    Illuminated Door Sills
    Roof Rails

MSRP = $36,765
    Invoice = $33,462
    Paid = $32,562 ($900 below invoice)

Dealer also threw in 5 free oil changes. (Normal cost is $35 per)

I bought on April 10, 2009. I went through the dealer's Internet department and it was fast and painless.
  • twotigerstwotigers Member Posts: 5
    Sounds great, I'm going to stop reading this group. Paid 34 OTD for the same
    except no navigation or moon roof that I didn't want
  • pparenteaupparenteau Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership in Nashville did you use? Looking at '09's and hoping to purchase soon. Thanks
    Rivergate Nissan. I guess that we can't mention individuals names and contact info here on this site, so email at rw_martin at bellsouth.net and I'll send you the guys name and email address.

Roger
  • coloradogamblrcoloradogamblr Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a 2009 Murano SL AWD with Premium, Leather, and moonroof packages for $31,611 - $200 over invoice, while getting above market value for my trade in.
  • christinam1christinam1 Member Posts: 18
    Is that the OTD price?
    SL AWD with Premium, Leather, and moonroof goes for $31,174 invoice. 2% holdback of the $33,995 MSRP ($679) brings it down to: $31,174 - $679 = $30,495.
    So at $31,611 you paid about $1,116 above the holdback.
  • thereal411thereal411 Member Posts: 16
    I've been trying to deal on a Murano in the Greater Seattle area for a while now. Just wondering if anyone has gotten below invoice in the area, seems like no one is willing to go below. Let me know.
  • litaliachklitaliachk Member Posts: 4
    Hello, all! I live in Colorado and wondered if anyone out there can give me some incite on pricing for the new Muranos. Here's what I want:

'09 Murano SL with Leather, Premium pkg, Tech pkg, dual moonroof, cargo protector

Working thru AAA auto source, my contact gave me an initial price of $35000 not including sales tax. I told him that invoice on this car (according to Edmund's among others) is about $33000, so what else could he do. He then spoke to his contact and came back with $33,900. My question is...is this a good deal? Is it unreasonable of me to expect to pay below invoice on this car? Or how much above invoice should I pay?

Any and all advice will be welcome!
  • dannyodannyo Member Posts: 9
    I'm shopping for the same vehicle, but I calculate the invoice to be about $31,500.
    Dannyo Where did you come up with your numbers? Was it for an SL with all the options I listed? I would love to know so we can both get a great deal!!
  • kaisokaiso Member Posts: 4
    I don,t live colorado,I live in NorthCarolina.All i can tell you is to be carefull when dealing with AAA. I paid $25.00 for a quote from AAA on a 2009 nissan Murano LE.With the following options.Nav system,Dual sunroof,Splash guard,and three piece carpet. The quote that i received back from AAA was $38,937.I sent out internet request quote to five different dealerships,and all quotes were lower than AAA. I Finnally purchase the same car with the same options locally in Greenville for $837.00 less that what AAA was going to sell me the car for.I advise you to do your homework,and research before dealing with that company.Oh bye the way, I complained to AAA ,and they refunded my $25.00 for the quote.
    Thanks for the info, Dannyo. Yeah, from other posts, I do believe that NC as well as Texas and some other states are cheaper than Colorado. I actually did ALOT of homework...edmunds, cars.com, kbb.com, etc. and all were within $100-200 of each other. I will definitely contact dealers online and see what I can get. I appreciate all the incite!
  • bmr123bmr123 Member Posts: 60
    Why would you pay for a quote? That's the dumbest thing I heard all day. Just because it's AAA doesn't mean your going to get a good deal. These guys make money on the sale of the car, why would you pay for a something they are already making money on? You can request quotes through edmunds.com or go to the dealerships websites?? AAA is basically doing the same thing as going to edmunds.com and putting in a price quote request. I got my LE for 250 under invoice and my parents got a SL for 300 under invoice. You can get invoice pricing on this car. Just take the offer they give you and walk towards the door and they will come back with a better deal. It works all the time. Good luck and don't pay for quotes that's like paying for a test drive.
  • dannyodannyo Member Posts: 9
    Invoice for SL with options you listed is about 31,500. See Edmunds or Kelley Blue Book.
  • sabaurcsabaurc Member Posts: 3
    What does VPP pricing stand for and how do you obtain it?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Vehicle Purchase Program

insidenissan.com

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sabaurcsabaurc Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone out there bought an 09 Murano in the Memphis/West Tennessee area? I am looking to buy in the next few months and want to see what dealers might be the best to work with.
    Not in Memphis but see my post from a page or two ago if you are interested in seeing the details of my 09 that I bought in Nashville. It was about $900 below invoice for a loaded SL. Search under user name martinrrrr.
  • dharmeshvasantdharmeshvasant Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm planning to buy Nissan Murano 2009 LE Super Black / Platinum Graphite with Black Leather, Hard Drive Navigation System & Dual Moon roof, Splash Guards & Floor mats.

Could you guys please help me about right price?

Edmunds prices are as below:

MSRP Invoice TMV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    National Base Price
    A note about advertising fees $35,910 $33,073 $35,910

Regional Adjustment
    for Zip Code Change - - $0

Optional Equipment $3,265 $2,810 $3,265

U01 Navigation System $1,850 $1,605 $1,850
    J01 Dual Panel Moonroof $1,170 $1,015 $1,170
    B10 Splash Guards $125 $100 $125
    L92 Carpeted Floor Mats $120 $90 $120
    (3 Piece Set)

Color Adjustment - - $0
    Platinum Graphite Metallic

Destination Charge $745 $745 $745
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total with Options $39,920 $36,628 $39,920

I inquired at few places they offer around $36700 plus taxes, fees which would end aroudn $40,000

Is this rite price?

I read article and it says it should be all included with Edmund's invoice price i.e. $36,628 including taxes, tags, fees.

If any one has bought it recently or idea about this car, please reply asap?

Thanks,
    Dharmesh
  • musky300musky300 Member Posts: 7
    Just settled on this deal for my new Murano.

2009 Murano LE
    Platinum Graphite w/ Black Leather

Navigation
    Dual Moonroof
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats

MSRP: $39,920.00
    Invoice: $36,628.00

PRICE PAID: $35,900.00

$728 UNDER Invoice

Tax (7% - Indiana) - $2,513.00
    Title & Fees - $120.75

Total Out-the-Door Price: $38,533.75

I worked 100% through email contacting Internet Sales Managers. I communicated with over 10 Nissan Dealerships in a 3-state area. Most initial prices came in between Invoice and about $500 over. Found one who was willing to work with me and that I formed a good relationship with and we got the price down to what you see above. I did not buy this at the end of the month...actually was the first week of the Month.

This was in the Midwest...I know the area of the country can make a big impact on what dealerships are willing to do. My advice is to be willing to expand your geographic diameter from your home and get quotes from at least 10 dealers to get your "baseline" of what the normal price is for that area.
  • cscardycatcscardycat Member Posts: 11
    I was wondering, for those who bought an 09 Murano, did you get a gray Nissan Owner's Manual case? Or were the several manuals laying in the glove box with no case?
    Mine had all the manuals and the DVD in the black case. Mine is a black zippered case which had the DVD and a few manuals.
    My 09 manual is in a zippered binder with black rubbery trim and light grey fabric. The binder perfectly fits in the top shelf of the glove compartment. I didn't see a DVD... is it a tutorial or the data disc for the Navigation unit?
    I don't have navigation. The dvd that came in my binder discusses the car and all the features. It's an orientation to the vehicle. I never actually saw it and never see the purpose in viewing it. This car is easy enough to operate even if you have a minimum IQ.
    Yeah, the car is pretty easy, but still it would be nice to have that DVD to watch and convey with the car when I sell it later. I'll check with my dealer about getting one. Thanks!
  • guchguch Member Posts: 12
    Bought a new 09 Murano S AWD convinience package, splash guards, and floor mats yesterday for my wife. I had an offer from a dealer in PA for 1000 below the invoice.

Dealer in NJ matched the offer, so bought it for $26,194, had to pay window etching, plus doc fee of $299.

MSRP on the car was 29,535, invoice 27,194

Overall relatively painless experience, most likely due to the end of the month
  • yodamilesyodamiles Member Posts: 2
    Just received this quote on a Murano LE with dual panel moonroof, splash guards and floor mats. Let me know what you think.

Vehicle Price: $38,070.00
    Internet Customer Discount: $3,297.00
    Selling Price: $34,773.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,147.77
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate):+$150.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.50
    Documentation Fee: + $599.95
    Balance Due (estimate): $37,679.22
    Actually, you can find out for yourself if it's a good deal.

Just go to Edmunds.com and plug in the numbers for your model Murano:
    http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/murano/2009/index.html

For your LE with Moonroof, Splash Guards, and Floor Mats, I came up with:
    $38,070 MSRP
    $35,023 Invoice

Then, you take 2% off the MSRP to give you the holdback amount you deduct FROM the Invoice price to find out their bottom line price.

For you that is: 2% of $38,070 = $761.40 - $35,023 = $34,261.60

So at their selling price of $34,774, that's $512.40 profit for the dealer or room you could negotiate DOWN further.

Sounds like you're able to get another good deal on an 09 Murano. Having one myself, I say "GO FOR IT!" :-)

I would say that Documentation fee of nearly $600 is WAY too much if they're breaking out Registration fees from that. What are they "documenting"?
  • jimmyjugjimmyjug Member Posts: 6
    Hi thereal411,
    I am in the same boat as you are. Looking for a 09 SL AWD around Seattle area. Did you purchase yours already? How did it go and whats the price you got or getting? Please let me know. Thanks!
  • johnthjohnth Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased a 2009 Murano, SL, with Stereo Package and Leather Package. Also had roof rails. MSRP was $33260.00. Invoice was $30,450. Paid $30,080. Not including TTL. Not sure what the Nissan holdback is and I probably could have gotten it a couple of hundred dollars cheaper but all in all I think a good deal. Went to several dealers in Twin Cities area. Intenet Dept at Luther Nissan was the most straightforward with their pricing.
  • austindudeaustindude Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 2009 Murano SL FWD in Austin TX:

Leather Package
    Technology Package
    Premium Package
    Dual Moonroof
    Roof Crossbars
    Splash Guards
    the vehicle is a Demo vehicle driven by the manager with less than 1000 miles

MSRP is $34,700
    Edmunds Invoice is $31,600
    The dealer's "best" offer to me so far is $31,300

According to this forum, the base price for the dealer should be about $30,900. How much of a discount should I expect for a demo vehicle?
  • murano2009murano2009 Member Posts: 1
    I got some great info from this forum...so here is my attempt to give back to the community...I got email quotes from 4-5 dealers and negotiated with couple of them on the phone.

I bought a SL AWD (Deep Sapphire, Beige interior) with following packages:
    leather, technology, premium, navigation, dual moonroof, floor mats, door sills, splash guards

MSRP = $38,270
    Invoice $34,863

Price Paid = $33,617 + Tax + Tags (includes freight, processing fees)

Also got 2 year free oil change + life time safety inspection

I will do 8 oil changes in 2 years..cost per oil change = $25...so technically, I got approx $1450 below invoice.

Dealership - Tysons, VA Nissan (Rosenthal Nisaan Mazda)
    Date of Purchase - May 1st 2008

Happy shopping ! It's a great car..worth every penny.
  • anilbanilb Member Posts: 7
    Could you please give names of the dealer in NJ and PA.

Thanks for your help.
  • jimmyjugjimmyjug Member Posts: 6
    Thats a great deal. I am looking for the same config murano but without Navi and the best I could get is 600 below invoice here in Pacific NW. I was thinking thats still the best price but can't beat yours. I will be closing the deal in a day or two. Enjoy your new toy :)
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows what the average price is for the vehicle below in the Denver area? And, if you have any dealerships or internet managers you've worked with here that you could recommend.

2009 AWD SL Murano

Leather
    Technology
    Premium
    Cargo cover
    Dual Moon roof
    Splash guards

I got the Edmund's price at $32,922 invoice $36,020 msrp

Thanks for any and all help you can offer.
  • nandipnandip Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone leased a Murano in southern california - Los Angeles or Orange County areas? i'm in need of some help in regards to getting the best deal. Will the invoice price for this car differ in CA vs. what other people are posting from other parts of the country? Thanks!
  • anilbanilb Member Posts: 7
    Can some please share the dealership name and prices paid for
    SL or LE with:

Moon Roof
    Leather
    Technology Pacakage

Thanks in advance
  • tikva02tikva02 Member Posts: 4
    I paid $1,000.00 under invoice at Fitzgerald Nissan in Chambersburg, PA for an LE Black on Black, with navi, moonroof, floor mats and mud guards. Fitzgerald posts their prices on their website, and there is no haggling. I had checked with about 10 Florida dealers and no one could come close to this price. Although I had to pay $500.00 to transport the car to Florida, even with that expense, it was still a much better deal than any Florida dealership would offer. My salesperson was outstanding...she understood that I was somewhat uneasy with buying a car from a dealer so far away, and "held my hand" throughout the process. I could not have been more pleased. :)
  • suebeeleesuebeelee Member Posts: 2
    I highly recommend Tustin Nissan. Go through their Internet/Fleet Department. I would not go through a floor salesman unless you like or are good at hard negotiations and playing games. I contacted over 12 dealerships throughout OC and LA and they gave me the best price and were the most friendly/no hassle/most professional (to me, that counts almost as much as the price). I got mine for $600 under invoice. The next best offer I got was $250 under invoice. Everyone else either gave me invoice pricing or anywhere from $500 -$1600 over invoice. I did all my work with the dealerships the last week of April but didn't get around to purchasing until the first week of May and they still honored their April pricing. Make sure you know exactly what model, color and options you want and it should go very smoothly.

I also posted a Dealer Review on Tustin Nissan on Edmunds so you can check that out for more details too.

Hope this helps!
  • nandipnandip Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your response. Could you give me the name of the person you dealt with there? And did you purchase an SL or LE? What is the invoice on that vehicle?
  • sprmariosprmario Member Posts: 15
    I'm looking to purchase a new Murano some time later this year around December. Any idea when Nissan typically starts offering incentives for a new model?