Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vandiwvandiw Member Posts: 5
    I just picked up my new Murrano last Friday.

2009 Murrano LE
    Merlot with black leather interior
    Dual Moonroof
    Splash guards
    Floor Mats
    Cargo Protector

MSRP: $38,165
    Invoice: $35093
    Price Paid: $34703 total out the door

It also included the following:
    Wheel locks (standard for the dealer - don't know the price)
    Processing fee: $97
    Temp license fee $7.50

The price does not include taxes, as those are done by the state DMV.
    I will say that the color combo I wanted was not readily available in the St. Louis area. They had to get the car from about 100 miles away. I checked the inventories myself, and the next closest dealer with that color combo was in Indiana. Oh yes, Suntrup in south St. Louis County had one also. It was being driven by the manager's wife and had 2,500 miles on it!!!!! They offered it to me at $3400 - they said they considered it not "used," but "gently loved." I gave them an earful about depreciation and it not being a "new" car anymore, and walked away.

Now to comment about the dealer. I purchased it from Lou Fusz in St. Louis, MO. When I arrived to pick it up last Wednesday, it was clearly not ready. My husband was out of town, and so I had taken a close friend to help me look it over. As I approached my soon-to-be new vehicle for the first time, the first thing I saw was a giant smudge on the rear hatch door. The car was covered in pollen. The interior windows were smeary and streaked. The car had many, many scratches in its clear coat. We were told it had just been detailed, to which my friend replied that they "should fire the detailer!" We were told the pollen caused the scratches!!! Again, my friend stepped up and said, "so, let me understand, you're telling your customer that if they park their car outside and it gets pollen on it, that the paint job is so poor, it will become scratched?" They brought their detailer out, and he came with a rag and a bottle of ?Windex? and attempted to clean the scratches. After watching for a moment, I became more concerned that he was just rubbing more dirt into the car and asked him to stop. I finally told them that I would give them an opportunity to redetail the car and see what they could do about the scratches, and that I would be back with my husband on Friday. They then proposed that I should wait (it's now 8pm) there right now, while they go fix it. I told them no, and they asked again and wanted to go get the manager. Once again, my friend spoke up and said "Aren't you listening to your customer? She told you she would be back on Friday with her husband. She does not want to wait. The car should have been ready when we got here." Anyhow, to wrap it up, I was absolutely appalled and amazed that a dealer would present a brand new car to a customer in that manner. Additionally, the cargo protector had to be ordered, and was not in yet. They also "forgot" to install the wheel locks, and it was after-hours when we picked up the car. So, now I have to make a trip back on Monday to have the wheel locks installed.

They gave me a very low offer on my trade-in, a 1997 Acura CL, of $1000. The blue book for the car in good condition for a dealer trade in is around $2000. I have several offers at $3300, so I just told them never mind. They offered the least of the extended warranty packages at $2300, and the most expensive at $4400. We declined the extended warranty for now.

Now for the funny part.... They had two finance people (one in training) to deal with, who after getting all the paperwork done, shaking our hands and us getting out the door, well......they forgot to collect our money! We were going to pay by check, and were out of their office before they remembered to ask us to pay for the car! I knew they had not collected, but was so amused, I just went along and wanted to see how long before they thought of it!

Not my best buying experience. Hopefully the car will be great and I won't have to go back. Actually, I'm probably going to see about getting some of the maintenance done at the Infiniti dealer. I've been spoiled by the excellent service I have received over the years at Frank Leta Acura in St. Louis for my old Acura. I know that the Acura place will service Hondas, so I'm hoping Infiniti will service the Nissans.

So, today, I went back to the dealer to get the wheel locks installed. Gosh, I sure hope I don't have to spend too much time there. The customer waiting room was FILTHY and with dead bugs on the floor. I didn't even sit down as the chairs looked so nasty. Some of the folks were friendly, others were not. It was certainly not the service experience to which I have been acustomed.
  • rrosellrrosell Member Posts: 17
    What are the most popular color combinations?
  • tikva02tikva02 Member Posts: 4
    Be sure to check to make sure that the car does not have any transmission seal leaks or transer case seal leaks, as this has been a recurring problem with the Murano AWD. . I filed a Florida Lemon Law complaint against Nissan for this problem. Nissan setttled with me by buying back my car.
  • cwirthcwirth Member Posts: 169
    How did you get $1450 below invoice from Rosenthal? That is unbelieveable. I bought my Murano from Rosenthal. Not a pleasant buying experience at all. I told them that I wanted to buy my LE at invoice and they wouldn't go any lower than $285 over invoice. I should have stuck by my guns and only purchased at invoice. I wouldn't buy another car from them. Tried to pressure me into signing the paperwork immediately. Their service department is good though.
  • tikva02tikva02 Member Posts: 4
    I just paid $35,680.00 for an 09 LE AWD Black on Black with moon roof, navigation, mudflaps and floor mats. The price was exactly $1,000.00 under invoice. I bought it at Fitzgerald Nissan in Chambersburg, PA and had it shipped to Florida. Fitzgerald has no haggling and they post their below invoice prices on their website. :)
  • johndenverjohndenver Member Posts: 2
    I'm finding 3% below invoice on any Murano by working with an internet sales person - anyone else finding the same? Also, what is typically the best rates everyone is getting on these with "A" credit and 50% down payment?

I've found the dealerships are easy to work with getting the price below invoice...a few try to add "dealer fees" of around $399. Not too easy to work with on trade ins even though I'm only asking what the NADA trade value is.

Any sugguestions here?
  • dgopelikadgopelika Member Posts: 7
    Does anybody know any dealers in the east-central area of alabama that will deal below invoice on a 2009 Murano (they think $1000 off MSRP is a terrific). Atlanta only 100 miles away. Anyone know a dealer in Georgia that will deal. All I can get is lip service in this part of the country. I have an offer out of Nashville that is below invoice, if the car exists and I can drive 5 hours to take a chance on a trade. I have not seen any posts from the Alabama-Georgia area concerning sub invoice offers/sales. Any Atlanta salesmen out there.
  • dannyodannyo Member Posts: 9
    Just returned to N. Mississippi from Nashville with our new Murano. Tried other dealers in Tenn, Ms, Ala & Ga, but Rivergate was best by far. They brought in the exact car we wanted.
    As they say, "worth the drive."
  • frates68frates68 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone heard of a new for this month through june 30 $1000 previous owner/leasee loyalty being in force, or is this dealer just trying to woo me in and would have given me the discount anyway??
  • jimmyjugjimmyjug Member Posts: 6
    I paid the $1000 deposit on Friday for my new 09 SL AWD with all packages except the DVD and Entertainment System. The dealer (here in WA) asked me to come on Sunday to pick it up. But called me the next day only to mention some damage to that car and I will be getting another new one in 2 weeks :( I was pissed but its better to wait 2 weeks and get a brand new one rather than taking some crap!!

BTW, I paid 600 below invoice for my Platinum Graphite w/ black leather Mo. Will update this forum as soon as I get my vehicle. Thanks for all your help...this forum has been great :)
    Thanks for the input. I am finding that out. Did you have a trade and, if so, did they treat you fairly. If you traded, what source did they use to quote the trade, ie NADA, Edmunds, Kelly BB or other. Thanks.
  • thereal411thereal411 Member Posts: 16
    Jimmyjug,
    I'm curious which dealership you decided to purchase from.. I've put my Murano on hold while I see how things stick with my job. But definitely still watching for deals in the greater Seattle area.
  • joelh12joelh12 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone having any luck in the DFW area? $1000 off sticker is all I am seeing.
    I did not have a trade. Chose to sell it myself.

Everything went very smoothly and quickly thanks to the internet prelims. I was pointed toward this dealer by another poster on this valuable forum. I finally concluded that he was correct and that this was the best deal to be found in my [our] area of the country.

Had purchased my last 2 vehicles [Dodge and Nissan] from a dealer within 3 miles of my house. Guess there had been turnover at this dealer because I could not even get a response to them after multiple visits, phone calls and e-mails.

Would have much preferred to deal that close to home, but, they were mysteriously non responsive.

So, I made the trip, and glad I did.
  • jimmyjugjimmyjug Member Posts: 6
    thereal411,
    I went with Auburn Nissan. They are pretty good. Didn't push me with their Extended Warranty and add-ons. They just let me know that they have it. They're also part of the Rainier Auto Advantage program thru which you get Lifetime Oil Changes, 100K Mile Warranty, Free Service Loaners, etc.
    The only problem is, they didn't have the vehicle I am looking for and gotta wait 2 weeks :( Let me know if you need more help! Thanks!
    Thanks. Was in communication with Rivergate and his last words were "found one". When attempting to find out what he found, no answer in two days. Well...I guess he lost it. lol

So, Plan B. I have to be in Austin at the end of the month, so all you Austin people...got any ideas who wants to sell a Murano under invoice.
  • gr8trfoolgr8trfool Member Posts: 21
    Try Courtesy Nissan in Richardson. Had within a few hundred of invoice, but some dealer add-ons. They were tracking down a differently equipped one for us in Austin (most everything here in color we wanted had Nav/Tech, which we didn't want).
    I pulled up the Nashville Better Business Bureau and Rivergate rated unsatisfactory. I think it was for failure to respond to complaints. They are not a member of the BBB. I sent a email to Nissan America HQs in Nashville and asked if they recommended Rivergate as a Nissan Dealer. I received no response.

Did this issue arise at anytime during your dealings with them. Just curious.
  • anderchoianderchoi Member Posts: 1
    09 Murano SL AWD Black/Black Leather

Tech Package
    Premium Package
    Leather
    Moonroof
    Floor Mats
    Cargo Protector
    Splash Guards

Free tire changes for the life of the car, including road hazard coverage. (I figure about $600 for each complete 4 tire change x 2 usages over 6 years so value is about $1200?)

I live in California (SF Bay Area) and total OTD was 37,000. Could I do better? :confuse:
    I had no problems, during the internet preliminaries or the purchase experience itself.

Sometimes I would get immediate e-mail responses, and other times, I would have to follow up. But, the salesman said he was selling 40 units a month via internet, so I guess you can't always be the only prospect they are working with.

E-mail me off the board if you like, and I will give you my salesman's name.
  • dejenkdejenk Member Posts: 6
    I would like to discuss your Rivergate experience off the board if we could. I am just not sure how to do that.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Every member has a CarSpace.com e-mail account.

Click on the My CarSpace tab near the top left of the page. From your CarSpace page you can access your mailbox.

All e-mail accounts are membername@CarSpace.com

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lmyklmyk Member Posts: 1
    I have been investigating my CUV purchase since Feb. I have driven the Murano twice and I think its the winner (it was between the Acura RDX & Murano). I am looking to buy sometime between July and September. Anybody getting any good (invoice or under) deals/quotes in the Cleveland/NE Ohio area? I am looking for an AWD LE w/o nav & w/o entertainment, or an SL w/ similar packages (leather, tech, moonroof)- which ever I can get a better deal on.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    I was wondering if anyone has baught a Marano s moddle the base moddle in New York state if any one has I am looking now Going to start the prosase of getting dealer bids. I am in Long Island New York. dont want to go to far up state but If I have to for a grate price I will Or I Might go to fits Mall in Pa. has anyone baught a Maranno from fits Mall if so Pleas let me no how it was the Hole story. I no I am 5 Howers away from there. Might have to get it shipped. Little wearry about all of this Marco thankyou for reading. Sorry about my spelling.
  • lakeshow2008lakeshow2008 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the Pacific Northwest and looking for some info on a 2007 Murano SE. Is this a good price? I like the 2007s almost as much as the 2009, and looking to make a purchase soon.

I was quoted $27,400($9,600 under MSRP) for 2007 SE AWD that includes:
    Touring Package (includes Sunroof, premium, and leather package)
    Flor Mats
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Area Protector
    Brushed Aluminum Roof Rail Crossbars

If this is a good price I'll pounce, but if not I'll keep looking and maybe think about the 2009s. Thanks
  • pbyaegerpbyaeger Member Posts: 4
    I bought my 2009 Murano SL last week--I'm also on Long Island. Checked out all the dealers here and got lots of runaround--trying to get prices over the internet was a pain.

I ended up buying from Koeppel Nissan in Jackson Heights, Queens. They were absolutely great--got exactly the car I wanted. Great service, great price, absolutely no BS or stress. It was the easiest deal of my life--and I love the car.

I'm sure they've got the S model--if not, tell them what you want and see what they can do.

My car--

2009 Murano SL, AWD
    Deep Sapphire, black interior
    Leather
    Tech
    Premium
    Roof rails
    Flaps
    Tonneau cover
    Mats

It is an absolute joy to drive.
    Never heard from Rivergate again after I asked the Nissan US HQ if they would recommend them. Never heard from them either. Lynch Nissan in Auburn Al is asking over invoice. Evidently they haven't got the word about the subprime mess. Might be the dollar tanking has made the foreign made cars too expensive to sell. Let's see how this plays out. Looking at the FX35. Cars Direct has a good deal going. So far on the internet, dealers don't like to communicate except by phone. Kind of makes you wonder about internet sales when they are afraid to put things in writing. I foresee some dealer bankruptcies down stream. Just some thoughts.
  • martinrrrrmartinrrrr Member Posts: 12
    Sorry to hear that. Shame on them. My experience was much better, but if they don't want your money then certainly look elsewhere.

I looked at used FX35s before buying the Murano. I think that they look nice. There were actually many used ones to choose from. In the end I decided against the FX35 due mainly to the gas mileage. It gets 15 MPG! Yuck. A friend has one and she confirmed the MPG. Other than that though, she loves it.

Good luck.
    Sorry to hear that. Sounds like my local Nissan dealer.

There are two of us on this forum who had better luck. E-mail me for the salesman's name and e-mail address. I'm confident he will take care of you.
  • johndenverjohndenver Member Posts: 2
    Best offer I'm coming up with right now in the Denver area is 3% off invoice on any Murano plus the $500 Nissan rebate for Memorial Day weekend, although the sales manager advised he expects this to run through June. Any better deals out there to be had?

I am having a tough time selling/trading in my 2003 Hyundai Sante Fe XL 4WD which is fully loaded. Dealership came in with an initial quote of $4k when the Edmunds blue book TRADE value was at $8500...what a joke. Any suggestions on selling/trading this type of SUV in?

Thank You,
  • unkuserunkuser Member Posts: 5
    Well I am not sure if this is the best price or the best bargain.. but after first test driving the Rogue, the Murano 2007 and Finally the Murano 2009.. This is what I am paying for:

Murano 2009 SL
    Leather
    Premium Package
    Dual MoonRoof.

$30500.00
    Stupid Documentation Fee $299
    Taxes 2690.39 (NY State Tax)
    Registration 350.00
    Total $33839 -500 Nissan Customer Rebate 33339.00

The dealer wanted to charge $200 for some stupid detailing protection option... I almost walked out when he didn't remove it. I told him 30K out... but he sneaked in the documentation fee as well..

I went in to buy a Rogue... left with a Murano. According to Edmund's invoice price... I paid $1000 Less.
  • ulchikulchik Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell what kind of deal did you get and who was your sales person? We tried to lease from Staten Island Nissan, signed all the papers but they tried to screw us up when we came to finalize the deal and pick up the car. We are also looking in NY/NJ area 2009 Murano SL, AWD, Leather, Premium (with rear view camera) to lease.
    Thankyou for getting back to me. So You baught your Maranno from Copal nissan In Jakson Hights. I havent bin on there websight in quite a few munts I will go on there and see what they have in stock. Then I will contact them threw email and leave my Phone number. So you got the sl nice car. I just want the s Maranno in the same color you got it in with the bage Interior. or maby the saran stone color. Not shore yet. Thankyou anyway for the Heds up on copal nissan. I was going to contact quite a few dealers. If you dont mind me asking what other dealers did you contcat that gave you the run around Thankyou so mutch for reading my posting Marco and sorry about the spelling.
    go to copal nissan in Jakson Hights queans. or amady vil nissan on Long island or try legand nissan. Hope I was able to help you out thankyou Marco.
  • sixfivesixfive Member Posts: 45
    Black LE with Tan leather with navigation, cross bars, sunroof, mud flaps, carpeted mats, $40,100 MSRP can be had for 570 down 570/mo in NJ.
  • frates68frates68 Member Posts: 3
    2009 SL
    Leather
    Tech
    Premium
    sunroof
    rubber cargo mat
    $31,500 + tax and standard fees.

I too went in thinking loaded Rogue, which I indeed liked, but that extra space and fit and finish of the Murano is hard to beat.
  • alex777alex777 Member Posts: 9
    I quoted 2009 SL AWD with Premium Package, Splash Guards and Floor Mats. So far the best offer was $29000 + TTL. Do you think it is possible to get better deal? I am in NYC metro area.
    My deal was excellent--below invoice, but I do have some connections at the dealership. If you look at the Koeppel Nissan website and find the Sales Manager, that's a good person to talk to, and you can tell him I sent you. I'm breaking the rules here if I list his name, but he's easy to find.

He was great, so is the dealer principal. It was a clean, fair deal, and in the end, both sides were happy. I would send my mother there if she were in the market for a Nissan.
    Yes, Marco, I was very happy with Koeppel Nissan in Jackson Heights. The Deep Sapphire is beautiful. Very sparkly.

I contacted quite a few dealers, only Koeppel gave me straight, clean answers. Everyone else wanted to play games. I don't believe in badmouthing businesses--I just take my dollars to those who treat me right. Koeppel treated me very nicely.
  • jduerbuschjduerbusch Member Posts: 9
    Hi I have been reading this blog for 6 months. I have been waiting for the price to go down on a Murano and thanks to the information posted here I was able to go into the dealer with some knowledge of what the going price was.

I got a 2009 Murano FWD SL
    Dual Moonroof
    Preminum Package
    Technology Package
    Leather Package
    and other things

MSRP $34,730.00 Invoice $31,688.00.
    I paid $1000 less than Invoice, $30,688.00 which $500 was for the weekend sale promotion from Nissan.
    In addition got clear coat, fab protection, a full tank of gas and a $100 gas card.

It might not be the lowest, but it is about as low as I have seen here.

My Location is the St. Louis MO area.
    The prices above does not include sales tax. The only thing I had to pay above the
    cost was a $189.00 document fee.

BTW it is Black with Black leather.

Thanks for all your comments.

Joe K0BX
    Hey thankyou so mutch for getting back to me. I sent Copal nissan an email no responce yet sent it on friday. I will find the sails Manijor and on the websight and give him a call and only deal with Him. thanks so mutch for the Information I will let you guys no if I do get a Maranno. if anyone has any other grate deals in the New york or nj or pa or ct aria Let all of us No and before I forget that blue is so nice tuff to Pick the color. anyone bye a red Maranno out there. Thankyou so mutch for reading my posting Marco.
  • hondahenryhondahenry Member Posts: 35
    You may want to speak Eeenggglish to drive a Murano.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    English is not always the first language for some of our members. A little tolerance goes a long way..

thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• karen_ktnkaren_ktn Member Posts: 1
    ok i been reading some forums in here and i see alot of great deals out there below invoice. sadly to say i went and scouted the dfw area for the best deal spoke with about 6 different dealerships around here and i couldnt get below invoice only one even came close to giving it to me below the 2k off msrp.i really wanted the LE AWD with nav and moonroof white exterior and biege interior or the platinum/black and the most dealerships around here said it was to hard to find and if they did have it then they put alot of dealer adds on and charged me for those. most of the dealerships actually told me i would have to special order the vehicle cuz it was to hard to find. best price i got quoted at first was 41,056 walk out price and there was no way i was going to pay that much for a murano. i finally got ahold of bankston nissan in irving which was the best deal and i got alot of the addons for a walk out price of 40,000 not as good and some of you guys did but in the texas dfw area seemed like no one was going to go even close to invoice on the LE's it took about a week to find i know i could have gotten a better deal off a SL model easily since those are readily avaiable around here. But those LE's are just so sexy with those 20 inch wheels^^ i couldnt find any posting in the dfw area for the nissan murano and i know this would have helped me alot when i purchased mines. only advice i can say is dont go through nissan of grapevine there were horrible they were trying to sell me a SL murano for 36,800 or something pretty much the msrp of the vehicle they only dropped the price to about 1550 off msrp but no incentives. which i couldnt believe the salesman told me that it cost 399 for window tint add on and the crazy part is the back window and the tailgate come factory with tinted windows. when we got to the dealership they advice they would sell the car at invoice and for this weekend only they had free gas for a year and 2 years oil change free well i found out at the end you only get the free stuff if you paid the msrp for the vehicle so i dont see how those are incentives to buy from them when they make you pay for it anyway. another dealer i tried working with was grubbs nissan off 820 and they had very nice sales guys but the internet sales would not give me a good offer on the LE model. i even tried to advice that bankston of irving will do a walk out price of 40k and they still didnt budge. so over all the best deal i came across in the dfw area was bankston of irving through the internet sales guy hopefully this helps someone in getting there murano in this area also look around for the best possible deal for the interest rate i ended getting 4.25% from boa.
  • mjp914mjp914 Member Posts: 1
    I had a similar experience looking for the LE in DFW. Many internet reps tapdanced and tried to get me into the store to look at SLs in stock. All of them played up how hard it is to get LEs and how they sell so fast. Only Grubbs and Courtesy answered my questions and offered to help find the vehicle I wanted.

Lucky for me I qualify for vendor pricing, and Grubbs got to $100 below invoice plus the additional $500 incentive. They didn't have one in stock that I wanted, but they traded with Grapevine for one that had just arrived. They were good enough to use the Grubbs pricing on dealer adds, which was $99 for tinted windows vs. Grapevine's $399 and so on.

Courtesy Nissan in Richardson was going to offer me invoice price on an LE in stock even without vendor affiliation, and was willing to get one from Oklahoma in my desired color for an added delivery fee. I would have gone with them if Grubbs didn't come through.

For anyone still looking, Grubbs has a Saharan Stone with Beige Interior, moonroof, nav coming in later this month. If they won't deal at invoice, I recommend contacting Courtesy and they might do a trade.
  • unkuserunkuser Member Posts: 5
    Does anybody knows how long it takes for the dealer to order/find a car which is not in stock?

I spoked to the sales person on Wednesday and he told me the car could be there on Saturday...Saturday went by and haven't heard anything at all.

After reading a copy of the sales contract I realized there is nothing about delivery dates. So they could in fact, hold my deposit indefinitely. More things that got me worried, is that in the sales contract it doesn't mention anything about the car I am supposed to get. No brand, model, etc, etc. It just says how much I need to pay. Is this because the dealer had to order the car from somewhere else??

I hope this is not an expensive lesson in life...

:mad:
    Thankyou host for responding to that Nasty comment. This is the third foram this week Peapol have bin nasty in. english is my first Languge sorry I stink at spelling. I am Leaguly blind use a screan reader to go on the computer and on this websight. Love the cars try to help out in any way I can Love helping out Peapol but you guys no there is sum nasty peapol LIke honda guy what ever his name on this foram is a shame that is the way Peapol act un silivised. Thank anyway Host Marco.
    I think you should give the sails person a call. if they dont get back to you or if you have a funny fealing about this dealer ship go and get your money back I no you can get it back and go to a Nother dealer. Hope I was able to help you out Thankyou Marco.
  • stl2112stl2112 Member Posts: 10
    jduerbusch, Where did you get that price at? I am just starting to look at Muranos in St. Louis (both MO and IL)... Thanks!
  • jduerbuschjduerbusch Member Posts: 9
    I got the Murrano from Bomarito Nissan in Florissant MO, 270 and Lindberg.

Dustin was the internet salesman I worked with.
    There was a $500 cash off from Nissan during the Holiday weekend.

Dustin gave me a quote of $1000 off dealer invoice on any Murano in the St. Louis area. I wanted a Black with Black leather. He did not have it but got it from Auffenburg Nissan in ILL.

The other dealer I talked to was St. Charles Nissan. He gave me $750 off dealer Invoice, which like the other one, included the $500 offer from Nissan.

Just remember, SUV's, Murano and other big cars are not selling because of the gas prices, so the dealers are really dealing on those.

Joe K0BX