Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hey I think it is time you look for a nother Nissan dealer in Florida. IS there anymor dealers not to far away from whair you live. this dealer is dooing what dealers do best games. they shorlly could go down on price alot on that 2007 maby $25000 but since they wont go lower then 30000 and they are saying no rebates on the 2009 Maranno. Think you should look at a nother dealer. or also look at used 2007's or a 2006. keep us updated have averry good day everyone thanks for reading my posting.
  • hudginskhudginsk Member Posts: 8
    I am currently looking at a 2009 Murano SL with Sun roof, Tech, leather, premuim package, floor mats and splash guards. Retail price is $34730.00 salesman quoted me a selling price of $32122. I have a friend that works for Nassin and can get me employee pricing. Can you tell me what the murano should sell for with this discount.
  • jduerbuschjduerbusch Member Posts: 9
    I bought the save exact 2009 Murano Sl and the sticker was $34,730.00.

I got it for Dealer cost #31,688 minue $1,000 = $30,688.00. He is about $500 too high. Remember that Nissan Murano's sales went down the tubes due to the Gas prices increase.

Remember the above price is before all the dealer add on and sales tax.

Joe
  • pgreene1026pgreene1026 Member Posts: 3
    Where are you guys located and what dealer? Quotes I'm getting on an 09 Murano SL with tech, leather, premium, and moonroof are coming in over $36K for MSRP, so they are telling me invoice is a little over $33K. The quotes I'm getting for the SL that are around the $34K price don't have the tech package...which is a big selling feature for me. I like the push start and the one touch hatch up/down, etc.

I'm located in PA but wonder if it'd be better to go with a dealer out of state to get a better price

Did anyone else hear that prices should get better in September?
  • jduerbuschjduerbusch Member Posts: 9
    Well you are on the Edmunds website, you should be able to see what is running up the price, 36K vs 34K. You should also be able to see the dealer price for your package. Then $1000 less is what you should pay. Really, anything $500 below dealer invoice is a good deal.
    Nissan was in the news today saying it was making some adjustments in the truck and SUV line do to low sales. Lot of Muranos sitting on the lot now, not like the 1st of the year. Your in the driver seat. The end-of-year sales are just beginning, not that the 2009 Murano is endofyear but I believe they will be on sale too.

Joe K0BX
    I live in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans market. If you would like to check out the dealer inventories, use zip code 70454 and search 100 mile area.
  • jim696jim696 Member Posts: 12
    Here is the quote that I just got...Rosen Nissan in Gurnee, IL
    Your Quote includes the destination charge from the manufacturer.

2009 MURANO SL AWD SUV CVT
    AX5-G
    MERLOT, BLACK

Invoice MSRP
    BASE $27,159 $29,480

FLO $90 $120
    3 PIECE FLOOR MAT

LTH $1,388 $1,600
    LEATHER PACKAGE

MRF $1,015 $1,170
    MOONROOF

NAV $1,605 $1,850
    NAVIGATION PACKAG

PRM $867 $1,000
    PREMIUM PACKAGE

SGD $100 $125
    SPLASH GUARDS

TEC $1,648 $1,900
    TECH PACKAGE

50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION

Freight Charge $745 $745

Total $34,617 $37,990
    Rosen Discount: $1565 below Invoice

Sell Price: $33052

Nissan is offering a $500 cash rebate

Total Sell Price w/ Rebate: $32,552
  • stepfishstepfish Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to buy an 09 murano SL - leather, premium, tech, nav. People here are talking about $1,000 under invoice!!! A dealer just offered me $34,652....sticker is $36,685 and invoice is $33,487. Should I offer him $1,000 under invoice? I am in NC. I'm also female...is this making a difference?
    I have yet to step in a dealership....I did everything over the internet. If you look on the Carmax website and find one of their dealerships that sell Nissan's, you will find that they have them for sale at about $1000.00 below invoice.....Print one out and use it to get at least that much off from your dealership. July auto sales where the worst in the last 15 years and SUV's are not flying off the lots like they were a few years ago. If they won't deal, go somewhere else....Good luck :-)
  • catdaddy25catdaddy25 Member Posts: 26
    Shop at dobbsnissan.com and you will find a great deal there. They have internet pricing online without having to call them or e-mail them. I just bought a vehicle from them. They are great to deal with
  • oldfashionedoldfashioned Member Posts: 56
    Hi, it says you are leasing, if thats the case, how is 31 k the sales price?
    is the sales price on that really 31k? how did you get so much to come off the sticker?
    Right now I am looking at a 09 Nissan Murano and am looking for the best price possible.

The sticker on the suv is almost 34k
    He is willing to go to 31340 and with the 500 rebate it comes to

30890 plus TAX

This just isnt acceptable to me, especially since I can go get a pretty loaded chevy equinox for about 23,000 with $6,400 in rebates taken off, thats $23,000 out the door.

I told the Nissan dealer if he matched the chevy discounts I would buy the car, and he declined.

I am looking for a nissan employee discount, if anyone would be willing to let me use it I would be willing to trade a ford A plan discount should you need it.
  • riderman357riderman357 Member Posts: 7
    A 2009 Murano SL 2WD Merlot color.

Sticker 32,010.00

Premium pkg

Leather

Floor Mats

Splash Guards

29,194.80 was the sold price of car.

Virginia Tax, titling tax, and Licence fees 992.98

Total 30,187.78

Rebate -500

Total price out the door was 29,687.78 This is what I paid the dealer via a check.

No other fees were charged.

I hope I didnt take it up the shorts to bad and this helps someone else.

PS, My wife works for this Nissan dealer. Her Boss came in to talk to me during negotiations. (kinda hinders the deal making process, doesnt it?) He informed me that my wife was coming up for review next month........I'll ask you this, what would you do at that point? I wimped out and took the offer given even though a better deal was down the street. I think WE made out in the long run. I mean, they do pay her salary. LOL
  • pasell3pasell3 Member Posts: 15
    I hope that you are not seriously considering comparing a Nissan Murano to a Chevy Equinox? If you are, and I was the dealer, I would probably politely thank you for coming and move to the next customer.

1st, the 2 vehicles are not even close to comparable. Fact is, the Equinox is just a small, no frills SUV that is not very comfortable, is noisy, and does not come close to driving like a Murano. I know since my company vehicle is the Equinox and my wife drives a 09 Murano.

2nd, GM is MUCH MUCH more desperate to get cars off their lots. They are offering very good incentives right now, and Nissan, while hurting like many others on the larger SUV's, does not NEED to offer those incentives to move their vehicles, least of all their hot selling Murano.

You have to compare Apples to Apples, and when talking about both vehicles, you are comparing a grape (Equinox) to an Apple (Murano).

Good luck.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    FIrst off, Employees of the dealership get dealer price when buying.
    Second, I wuold tell your wife what her boss did and said to you. So after her review she could have a talk with her boss about that...
    That's the good part.....She was sitting beside me....This is her second level supervisor, The GM. For those who might mis-understand, this was her boss's boss.

If you have the Ba**'s to correct someone in that situation, you have my respect. I will say this, I didnt like the situation and respectfully informed him of such, in a profesional manner.

Can your spouse just quit his/her job over principle? In this case, a few hundred dollars?

The salesman later told me, "you were bold". Whatever that means.
  • dsmchenrydsmchenry Member Posts: 5
    I ended up buying an '05 Murano that had just come off lease. It was loaded with everything except Nav for $18,500 which is less than private party price according to Edmunds. I took it on a trip this weekend & it drove like a dream (and I got almost 27 MPG). Add another happy Murano owner to the list.
    Does anyone know how much discount is given on an 09 Murano? I know someone who works for Nissan. I hate to ask him to get me the VPP discount if it makes little diffence in the final price.
  • dsmchenrydsmchenry Member Posts: 5
    A dealership told me that the VPP would put the price at 1/2% below invoice. I called to get my VPP number from Nissan but never got an official quote from a dealership to verify that this true.
    I found the official Nissan web site that provides info for the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP) I t states that employees and immediate family member would receive 4.3% below invoice and non family members 2.87%.. I don't trust the dealers they do want ever it takes to make a dollar. That is the reason I wanted to ask the question and see if anyone working for Nissan could aanswer the question.
    here is the link to the Nissan, click on offer for more info. site
    :confuse: http://www.insidenissan.com/vpp/nissan/index.html
    What was the better deal?
    Dude, you wont get arguments out of me about the murano being a better car then the equinox or the cx7, but 7,000 better? I dont think so, besides, had they have worked with me I would probably be in a nissan right now instead of chevy.

Either then want to make 29 and change off me or they dont, thats the way I see it.
    I think the nissan employee discount is closer to 10% then 4.
    $500.00 less than the original 29,444.80 originaly offered. He met halfway, $250.00 to the 29,194.80 price. Then reminded us of the review.
    I would have said screw you and went down the street.
  • teamknocteamknoc Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at an 09 Murano Sl AWD with
    Cargo Area protector, 3 piece floor mat, leather package, moonroof, navigation package, technology package, premium package, and splash guards. The MSRP is 38,660; they are offering 33,999. They wont budge, should I go somewhere else? Thanks for the help.
    What part of the country are you in?? I just picked up my new Murano on Monday and is is AWESOME!!!! As I stated in my other post...Car sales, especially SUV sales, are the worst they have been in 16 years. If the dealer won't deal with you...Go somewhere else. Check out Carmax website and you will see that they are selling at their "no haggle" price at around $1000.00 under invoice. I just got mine for $2065.00 below invoice(included the $500.00 rebate Nissan is currently offering)...Here is the deal I got..

AX5-G

MERLOT, BLACK

Invoice MSRP
    BASE $27,159 $29,480

FLO $90 $120
    3 PIECE FLOOR MAT

LTH $1,388 $1,600
    LEATHER PACKAGE

MRF $1,015 $1,170
    MOONROOF

NAV $1,605 $1,850
    NAVIGATION PACKAG

PRM $867 $1,000
    PREMIUM PACKAGE

SGD $100 $125
    SPLASH GUARDS

TEC $1,648 $1,900
    TECH PACKAGE

50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION

Freight Charge $745 $745

Total $34,617 $37,990
    Rosen Discount: $1565 below Invoice

Sell Price: $33052

Nissan is offering a $500 cash rebate

Total Sell Price w/ Rebate: $32,552
    Thanks for the price break down! Speaking for myself, I hate the 31,500 out the door responces. What does that mean? Before dealer fee's, title, taxes, etc. I think prices should be spelled out and broke down such as your's!! We all know how a "good deal" can be hidden behind additional dealer fee's.

This site is not Nissan inc. If you got a bad deal, let people know if you got a good one, let us know with real numbers of the car, without the dealer stuff added at the end of the sale. That let's people compare Apples to Apples. My tax rate could be different than your's in my city, state, etc. You may have been charged a "$399.00 processing fee" , I was not charged that fee, for example.
    As soon as I received the price quote from the dealer I asked if there was any other charges or fee's attached to the car(other than tax,tag & title) and they responded that there was a $150.00 documentation fee and that was it. This was the first car that I shopped for and purchased 100% via internet sales and it was great!!! The only time I stepped into the dealership was to complete the sale and pick up my new car....It was by far, the best car buying experience I have ever had.
    The dealer even through in a set of all season floor mats, the roadside safety kit and the first aid kit :-)
    Good luck with your shopping.
  • pgreene1026pgreene1026 Member Posts: 3
    Which dealer did you use?
    Rosen Nissan in Gurnee, IL
    We will know how much the VPP discount is this afternoon. I will post the iinformation after I pick my Murano up from the dealer.
    WHY DO you give two prices on each of the things?
    One price is MSRP and the other is invoice price.
    I am also looking to purchase a murano, is there any way you could hook me up with the vpp discount?
    I would compare the VPP discount to what price you can get the car for by just negotiating....You may find that you can negotiate a better price than the discount gives you...It depends what discount level you qualify for. Here is one of their plans for people or companies that do business with Nissan/Infinity,,,
    The Offer

Through the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP), Business Associates pay a pre-negotiated price for a Nissan or Infiniti vehicle: dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus delivery fee, plus a destination and handling charge and, if applicable, an advertising assessment fee.

For Business Associates, the VPP price is calculated as follows:
    D PLAN

* Dealer invoice
    * Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
    * Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan, etc.
    * Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
    * Plus destination and handling charge
    * Minus applicable incentives
    * Equals participant's purchase price

When a dealership sells a new vehicle to you at the pre-negotiated price indicated above, it qualifies for a 5 percent delivery fee. For Business Associate companies and their employees and the employee's spouse (D Plan), NNA pays half the fee and the customer pays the other half. Please note that only dealerships in the continental United States, Hawaii and Alaska are eligible to participate in the VPP.
    Here are the other VPP plans...
    The Offer

Through the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP), NNA and affiliate employees pay a pre-negotiated price for a Nissan or Infiniti vehicle: dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus a destination and handling charge and, if applicable, an advertising assessment fee. NNA would pay the dealer the entire delivery fee equivalent to 5 percent of the dealer net price.

For employees of NNA and Affiliate-companies and their immediate family members, the VPP price is calculated as follows:
    A & B PLAN

* Dealer invoice
    * Minus VPP discount (Nissan 4.3% : Infiniti 3.58%)
    * Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan, etc.
    * Equals participant’s purchase price

For NNA and affiliate employee sponsored friends and extended family members, the VPP price is calculated as follows:
    C PLAN

* Dealer invoice
    * Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
    * Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
    * Equals participant's purchase price

When a dealership sells a new vehicle to you at the pre-negotiated price indicated above, it qualifies for a 5 percent delivery fee. For NNA and affiliate-company employees and their immediate family (A Plan and B Plan participants), NNA pays the entire delivery fee. For extended family and friends of NNA and affiliate-company employees (C Plan), NNA pays half the fee and the customer pays the other half. Please note that only dealerships in the continental United States, Hawaii and Alaska are eligible to participate in the VPP.
    Hi, Can I get your employee freinds and family discount? The c plan?
  • bam27bam27 Member Posts: 1
    I am in MD and would like to buy the Murano LE fully loaded, Merlot/Black Leather. What should I pay out the door for it? At which dealership? Please HELP.
    I would go for at least $1000.00 under invoice and if you buy soon, Nissan has a $500.00 cash back promotion going on that you can add to that. Check out Carmax website....They are listing their no haggle price at $1000.00 below invoice and their Nissan dealership is in MD.
    By the way, I got the Merlot/Black combination and it looks awesome :-)
    Do nissan employees even get 1,000 below invoice?
    I just picked up my Muranio SL with the following equipment
    Leather, Tech package, premium package, moon roof,, 3 piece floormats, lighted door seals, cargo protector, cross rails and a couple more items toss in by dealer.
    MSRP $35645.00 - Invoice $32542.00 purchase price $31542.00 plus TTL.

I qualified for the VPP plan, The manager entered the information and the price came back $ 200.00 more then what I paid. If these numbers are real, it is not worth the time spent getting the VPP info. The dealer may have jacked the numbers around to get me not to use the discount. I don't know of any way to find out if his numbers were wright. I called Nissan VPP number and was told it was up to the dealer to provide the numbers, they don't have anything to do with it.
    Ya, seems like 4k off the sticker is what every nissan dealer is willing to go.
  • dustinbndustinbn Member Posts: 8
    I can not find a Murano that has a list for $38,660 anywhere in the whole mid-west so the MSRP is likely slightly inflated with some kind of dealer add on but here is the most expensive 09 Murano I can find. I am queting all 09 Murano's at $900 below invoice after the $500 bonus cash and we are also getting a extra dealer kickback this month as long as we hit our goal. I think you are getting a good price and if you go somewhere else it will not likely be much if any better. Here is a invoice to the closest thing I can find. Try to get the doc fee out of them but I do not think I could do much better.

KH3-G
    SUPER BLACK, BLACK

Invoice MSRP
    BASE $27,159 $29,480

FLO $90 $120
    3 PIECE FLOOR MAT

IDS $246 $280
    ILLUMINATED DOOR

LTH $1,388 $1,600
    LEATHER PACKAGE

MRF $1,015 $1,170
    MOONROOF

NAV $1,605 $1,850
    NAVIGATION PACKAG

PRM $867 $1,000
    PREMIUM PACKAGE

RRC $147 $190
    ROOF RAIL CROSSBA

SGD $100 $125
    SPLASH GUARDS

TEC $1,648 $1,900
    TECH PACKAGE

50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION

Freight Charge $745 $745

Total $35,010 $38,460
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    grate price you are rite have to find one in new york man so nice thanks for reading
  • desertdivadesertdiva Member Posts: 10
    Located a demo 09 Murano...actually believe it was dealer Manager's vehicle. Has 10K miles on it. SL AWD with Leather, Nav, Tech Pkg and Dual Moonroof. Paying $30,900. I think this is a good buy? Is it? Feedback is appreciated. My 98 Acura has just 67K miles on it. So, won't be putting heavy miles on vehicle. Thankfully the local elementary school is just one mile away!

Feedback on price I'm paying?
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Does it matter at this point if its a good deal or not, the only thing that matters if do YOU tihnk you got a good deal.....
    It does matter...I still have the option of not purchasing vehicle as it is being brought in from another dealership. If the price is out of bounds...I'll continue to search.
    Thanks, but it does matter. Car is not purchased yet and I still have the option to walk away as it's being shipped in from another dealership. If price is out of bounds...I'll continue to search. I see other posts say prices are continuing to drop...just wonder if that's true and wonder how much they will drop.