Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    dustinbndustinbn Member Posts: 8
    This is not a Demo and it has likely been titled or leased because Nissan will not let you sell a new vehicle as a demo with more than 7500 miles. Even still this is about $2k less than you could buy one new. Not bad deal in my opinion.
  • Options
    riderman357riderman357 Member Posts: 7
  • Options
    flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Riderman, so if the person got a horrible deal on thier Murano but have bought it anyhow, what difference does it make what they paid for it? Its a done deal. They can't go back to the dealership and say, Hey according Riderman357 I got riped off and I want a better deal! Wont happen, so instead of trying to ripe me apart tell me why I am wrong!
  • Options
    desertdivadesertdiva Member Posts: 10
    Update...I took a new direction on the Murano. Challenged all my local Nissan dealers to give me deep discount below invoice on a Murano which met my specific requirements for color, packaged features, etc. Got a killer deal for a NEW 09 Murano for less than $1k more than the vehicle with 10K miles. The dealer even brought the Murano which met my specifications in from another area. Very pleased with the deal.
  • Options
    jinx1832jinx1832 Member Posts: 11
    Can give some detail on your "deep discount below invoice"? It seems like most people are pushing to -$1K below invoice.

Does anybody have any insight into competitive financing for somebody with excellent credit. It seems like the best rate from most banks is 5% for 60 months. Has anybody been successful getting -$1K below invoice and 3.9% (or better) for 60 months through the dealer?
  • Options
    desertdivadesertdiva Member Posts: 10
    I asked for a specific number for the car....$32,500...SL with leather, tech package, dual moonroof, Navigation. Basically, this is the LE without the memory seats, wood trim and 20" wheels. Got everything else except DVD player. We use our portable DVD so we can move it around among our 3 vehicles. Also told dealer I wanted my choice choice of int/ext color. Not a deal on what was sitting on the lot. The dealer did just that. Paid in cash. Can't tell you about dealer financing....don't think Nissan is offering any special financing at this time. Check credit unions they always have better offers over banks.
  • Options
    fdeeeeejfdeeeeej Member Posts: 3
    Got this deal today on a Blue/Black Leather Murano SL AWD

MSRP was 36,140 we got $31, 659. They also threw in a full tank of gas and the rear cargo protector mat.

Let me know how you think we did.

Btw - this was in Minnesota

Summary
    Total MSRP:$36,140.00
    VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Model
    SL
    Transmission
    Xtronic CVT™ (Continuously Variable Transmission)
    Drivetrain
    Intuitive All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
    Packages and Options

* Splash Guards
    * Dual Panel Moonroof
    * Premium Package
    * Technology Package
    * Leather Package

Accessories

* Floor Mats, Carpeted
  • Options
    What was the invoice price? What did the final price include, was it everything except TTL?
  • Options
    Not sure on invoice, but the MSRP is listed above. That final price included everything (+ rear cargo protector) except TTL.

No crazy doc fees or anything else.
  • Options
    favrenofavreno Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at buying the same exact Murano. The best deal I am getting is $32,640.

Where in MN and what is the dealer name???? I want to go to this dealer.
  • Options
    alexftnalexftn Member Posts: 1
    Just traded in my 2005 CRV EX AWD (w/55k) for a Murano SL AWD with just the premium package.

According to edmunds, invoice is at around 29,300
    Considering that I doubt I would have sold my car privately at more than 15k + my own hassle, I decided to trade-in instead.

Got the Murano for 14500 + tax+about 200 in fees.
  • Options
    I am considering purchasing the following 2007 demo (3K miles) from a dealer.

Is this a good deal at $24K + TTL?

Summary
    Total MSRP:$36,995.00
    Model
    SL
    Transmission
    CVT
    Drivetrain
    AWD
    Packages and Options

* Touring Package
    * Sunroof Package
    * Premium Package
    * Leather Package

Accessories

* Carpeted Floor Mats
    * Splash Guards
    * Cargo Area Protector
    * Roof-rail Crossbars
    * Sunroof Wind Deflector
  • Options
    FDEEEEEJ, I need to know where you got your deal at, as I am looking to buy the same vehicle. Need to know ASAP, as I am looking to buy in next couple of days. Please let me know the dealer name and location!!! It is about $1K cheaper than I have found so far in the twin cities.

Need your help...
  • Options
    hudginskhudginsk Member Posts: 8
    In My opinion, you got an excellent deal!! Hope you enjoy driving your Murano as much as I enjoy driving mine.
  • Options
    xiaoruixiaorui Member Posts: 5
    I want a murano 09 with tech, premium, leather package and dual moon roof. The edmunds invoice is 33356. A dealer gave me 33500. I forgot to ask that is OTD or not. If it is OTD the price should be very good, right? I am going to buy it in ohio, toledo area. Any suggestions? Thanks
  • Options
    BTW, I am struggling between Acura RDX and Murao. The price is similar and 32000-33000 can give RDX technology. Which one I should buy? So hard to decide.
  • Options
    You can't go wrong with either vehicle, although i prefer the Murano based on the interior (more space), and exterior (sporty appearance). I think the Murano can hold its own against the RDX in terms of performance and driving experience. For the price/class, I would go with the Murano, if you can take a step up, nothing beats the MDX.
  • Options
    Thank you for your advice. I also prefer Muarno. I am a little hesitate to the quality of nissan compared with honda. BTW, what do you think the price? I am planning to negotiate from 31000 plus TTL. what do you think? thanks
  • Options
    Seems like starting around $2-3K below invoice is reasonable, anything less than $1K below invoice is a good deal. It may be worth waiting until the end of the month or labor day to pull the trigger.
  • Options
    Hey Fav - I was able to get this deal from two dealers (+/- ~$100)

Try going through internet pricing department at Luther in Inver Grove Heights or Kline in Maplewood.

They can both get you that deal I think, takes a bit of persistence though
  • Options
    which one did you buy from? who was the salesperson?
  • Options
    djcunnindjcunnin Member Posts: 8
    Jinx,

What kind of warranty comes with the vehicle? Just the remainder or is it considered new from when you drive it off the lot. What type of financing was available to you. I'm thinking of looking at pretty much the same deal, except the dealer is about $5K higher than what you paid...I laughed at him...I could get an 09 for almost the same.
  • Options
    oldfashionedoldfashioned Member Posts: 56
    $14,500?????? I take it was a used murano
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    after trade-in..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    It will be the standard warranty, 3 years 36K miles, as it is a new car (never sold). I am going to plan on getting financing through a local credit union for about 5% (60 months). I highly doubt a dealer will give lower financing unless Nissan is having an promotion.
  • Options
    got mine at Luther. here are the details.

msrp $36680
    invoice not sure, but i think it is $33,500.
    final price $31,900 (rebate to dealer)

i also got the best price for my trade in, from any other dealer (about $500 more).

also another good note for people. i went to capital one (online) and got financing check from them @ 5.19%. it's a no obligation check that you can use to take the financing part out of the negotiation. in my case, when i went to the dealer, they were able to get me a better rate (4.89%). my thinking is that they try harder to get you a better rate, so they can beat the capital one rate so they can still get the financing done, as they receive a kickback for helping with the financing.
  • Options
    lac252lac252 Member Posts: 1
    actually that's exactly what I paid for my Murano. Got SL with premium pack, leather, tech pack, moon roof with a few accessories. Paid 31,000 plus TTL. Bought it at Courtesy Nissan In Richardson, TX.
  • Options
    catdaddy25catdaddy25 Member Posts: 26
    Try looking at Dobbs Nissan is Memphis, TN. They have MSRP and internet pricing on each Murano. They are coming about $4000 off of MSRP
  • Options
    strasseriderstrasserider Member Posts: 3
    My first post here, so lets get right to it.

I am buying from AutoExchange in Europe, it serves DOD employees and Military types. The prices over here are supposed to be a deal but from what i see it's not!

2009 Murano SL 2WD $26,969 Deep Sapphire/Black Leather

-Ziebart, rust, sound and fabric protection: $469
    -Shipping/handling/stock fee/admin fee: $2,738 (overseas that $$ would be like state tax/licensing etc)
    Premium Pck: $893
    Tech Pck: $1,697
    Tow Pck: $606.50
    Leather Pck: $1,429.50
    Splash Guards: $104
    Moonroof: $1,045
    Floor mats: $93.50

Total: $36,044.50
    Minus Dealer Credit: $539.50

Equals: $35,505 -$25 gas credt = $35,480

What i need help with are the folowing charges; what is "Inland Stock" how can it be stock if i am having this factory built and delivered from Japan through the US and over to Europe? $299.00 charge. It is not coming off a lot in the US. Trust me I will check the built date on the door interior and if after my order date there will be hell to pay!

Thanks for your help and any advice

Robert
  • Options
    marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    dealer invontorry is if the car was on a dealer Lot If you are ordering the car should not have that charge. Maby sum ordering fee I dont no to mutch about that just trying to help you out. DO they sell the Maranno there in yorape. What part of Yorape are you in thanks for reading Marco.
  • Options
    dc44dc44 Member Posts: 19
    Hi,

I'm about to start test driving, speaking with dealers and crunching numbers for an 2009 Murano LE (as well as some other cars). After reading the posts on this forum, it seems as though it is still a buyer's market considering Murano sales are down about 20% from last year. How much do you think is a realistic discount off of invoice if the purchase were to happen on the last day of September? $1,000 off invoice? $1,500? I'm located in northern Virginia, will be a cash buyer and have several dealers to work with. Thanks for your help and I look forward to reading your responses.
  • Options
    woodlandwoodland Member Posts: 12
    I'm a first time car buyer and beginning my search for an 09 Murano SL. I'm in the Houston, Tx area. The Murano I want MSRP is around $35k. (Tech, leather, prem packages). Would it be a reasonable expectation to be able to get them down to around $30k? We are open to when we will purchase. I think they will have better deals in December for EOY.

Any suggestions, advice is greatly appreciated!!!
  • Options
    jim696jim696 Member Posts: 12
    August just beat out July as the worst car sales in 15 years....SUV's sales are leading the way in the "not selling" dept. I would take nothing less than $1000.00 below invoice. I just got my loaded 09 SL for $2065.00 under invoice(included the $500.00 rebate Nissan was offering). If you were buying a Toyota Prius you wouldn't have much room to work with....But an SUV, you are in the power seat. Just be willing to walk away from the deal if they refuse to work with you. I looked on Carmax website and found the identical car that I was looking for and saw what they were selling it for and printed it out. I was ready to use that to bargain with but my dealer did better all by himself :-) By the way..This is my first Murano and first Nissan and after driving it for 5 weeks, I LOVE IT!!!! Good luck shopping.
  • Options
    leasetxleasetx Member Posts: 8
    Anyone know the new lease rates for a 2009 Murano SL for 36 months at 15K. Hopefully by now they have reduced the MF since they are not selling. Thanks
  • Options
    Wow! $2k below invoice. Can I take you car shopping with me? :-)
    Where are you from? Which dealership did you get your Murano from?
    I'm just nervous being a female. (I'm a 29 yr. old HS teacher but have been mistaken for a student on many occasions.) I don't mind looking young but not when I'm trying to haggle with a car salesman.

I already recieved Internet offers of $100 below invoice. If thats their starting number, how low do you think I can get?
  • Options
    According to the stories out today, Nissan sales were actually up by 14% in August. Not sure about the breakdown of sales by vehicle...still waiting on that. Check out the story here: http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080903/nissan.html

This would seem to help the dealers a little bit.
  • Options
    Actually sales numbers by vehicle are now up on the Nissan web site. It looks like Murano sales were down 23% in August 2008 as compared to August 2007...this is good news for Murano shoppers. 2008 Murano sales are down over 10% from 2007, including an average of 21% over the last three months.
  • Options
    thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    I am also in Houston and looking to lease a 2009 Murano. I got a offer of 31,071 for an SL with tech, leather, premium and dual panel roof. I got that offer from Sterling Mccall Nissan. I will wait and see what the September rates are going to be. I will definately purchase this month.
  • Options
    The Postman:
    Is $31, 071 a negotiated price? I received an initial offer from Sterling McCall for the same specs for $31, 853. I haven't negotiated with them yet. $31 is about $1k under invoice. Does that include the $500 cash back that Nissan is offering right now? If it doesn't then that brings it down to $30, 571 which is pretty good I think for a ~$35k MSRP.
    Please make sure you post what you end up getting this month.
  • Options
    leasetxleasetx Member Posts: 8
    Keep us posted. I am interested in getting a Murano this month from Sterling Mccall as well but with Navi. I am hoping the MF goes down.
  • Options
    udsuds Member Posts: 3
    Wow! Thats a real deal. You talk about $2K below invoice. Is it the real dealers invoice or the sticker price a.k.a. MSRP.
    A few dealers in north TX have advterised a 2009 Murano SL with options such as Convenience pkg, splash guards and floor mats at $27500 whereas the sticker price is $29800. Here you see a diff of $2K. Is this what you meant? The actual dealer invoice price would be around $26K for this style. I am hoping to get a nice deal in this range.
    Any thoughts? :confuse:
  • Options
    udsuds Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Thanks for the info. Could ou possibly post the link of the webpage. I found that Nissan sales were up, both in cars and pickups.
    Here is a link.
    http://www.nissannews.com/newsroom.do?id=1&key=TGT-3-R7cfSxfHtTbQsX5fHqbvS9lRbMR- ZChGlCeG-50

I am not vouching for it but would like to get a firt hand info on it. planning to buy a Murano.

Thanks
  • Options
    Overall, Nissan sales WERE up in August. However, sales on Muranos were down. See the link below and scroll down to find the Murano sales figures from August 2008 and 2007. You will see that Murano sales were down 22.9% last month from August 2007.

http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=564&mid=1
  • Options
    thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    It was 31,571-500 for the rebate. I did not negotiate that price, I just sent an e-mail to their internet department and got that price. Keep us posted if u find something better.
  • Options
    Please keep us posted on when/what you end up getting and how much. Thanks!
  • Options
    not a bad price I must say so would go for it but anyway keep us posted on if you get one yes Nissan sails wher up grate cars not just saying that to brag have a verry good day everyone Marco.
  • Options
    rovingeyerovingeye Member Posts: 13
    I am a first timer car buyer and am interested in buying a 2009 Murano. My "minimal" requirements are: 2009 SL FWD, Leather seats

Dealers have been telling me that the FWD is pretty uncommon than AWD. I tend to agree based on what I have seen on the streets. Hence the package I have put together at various sites (e.g. Edmunds, KBB, CarsDirect, etc.) is: 2009 SL AWD (with Leather and Premium options) :surprise: The best total came from CarsDirect at $29,000 + TTL + Fees followed by Edmunds and then by KBB.

Incidentally as I was typing this I got a dealer quote for $30,750 + TTL + Fees for the following package: 2009 Murano SL AWD with Tech, Leather & Premium options. Its making me think if I should jump at this offer?

I am in Central NJ (Middlesex county) and am pretty apprehensive & confused as to what "out-the-door" price should I be paying (esp. with colleagues telling me that this is a excellent time to get deals on new cars!). Any authoritative guidance would be greatly appreicated ... :confuse:
  • Options
    go for it the maranno is a grate car nissan makes grate prodicts grate price thanks marco keep us updated
  • Options
    slshopperslshopper Member Posts: 3
    I'm also in Central NJ and have received prices all over the place. No one has the exact color and options I want-- even when they say they do. I wasted a few trips and was ready to buy based a quote I got for $1250 below invoice, but they didn't have the car and tried to sell me something I didn't want. Their doc fee was much higher than others, so watch for that when comparing. Can I ask what dealer gave you that price? That price seems too good. I haven't see any great end of quarter deals yet and I'm surprised Nissan isn't giving any rebates on the Muranos (except customer loyalty).
  • Options
    Nissan is giving a $1000 rebate for the Murano this month. There are so many Muranos on the lot that I would wait until the end of November when the End-Of-Year sales are in full swing and dealerships are trying to achieve dealer total sales for dealership bonuses.