Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Glad to be of assistance -- it was the easiest car deal ever for me. The vast majority of dealerships are still living in the old days where even if there a massive surplus of high end vehicles continue to sit on their lots with few sales , they hold a line that will break soon. Look at the housing crisis as a model. Over the next few years look for massive dumping of new cars to clear the system out. Then ,vehicles that represent much more than basic transportation will be warehoused in regional lots. The dealerships will house very few vehicles and customers will pick from controlled inventories so that supply will be more in line with demand both in numbers and models. Basic transportation might be sold at Target etc. The last 5 years, cars have continued to improve in reliability so the supply of decent used vehicles will continue to grow. The dealers have a cartel that artificially inflates the value of used and almost new cars by the use of auctions not accessible to the public. The auction price is the real price and the dealers buy cheap and hold hands with each other with heavily inflated retail prices. The crash is coming. You can't sustain prices as supply of decent cars multiplies year after year. These guys want to sell cars not play games.
  • j_black22j_black22 Member Posts: 1
    Bought this at a Midwest Dearship on 10/27/2009

2009 SL AWD Murano
    Tinted Bronze Exterior
    Beige Leather Interior

Package
    $30,020 - Base
    $ 1,000 - Premium Package
    $ 1,900 - Technology Package
    $ 1,600 - Leather Package
    $ 95 - Cargo Area Protector
    $ 190 - Roof Rails
    $ 100 - Rear Bumper Protector
    $ 780 - Destination

$35,685 - MSRP

$32,339 - Price agreed too w/destination included (Before Tax, Title, & License)
    -$ 1,000 - Nissan Cash Back (Offer available approx. 10/25-10/31)

$31,339 - Total Before Tax, Title, and License ($4,346 below MSRP)

Paid about invoice prices (maybe a little less), then tack on the additional $1000 back from Nissan.

Also was able to Finance the purchase at 3.9% for 5 Years through Nissan.

Probably struck a reasonable deal, but not the "best deal ever", that most people seem to publish in the forum.
  • nasdaqnasdaq Member Posts: 29
    above invoice. after $1000 rebate, it is $800 below invoice price.
    Is this a deal? Thanks!
  • dc44dc44 Member Posts: 19
    I won't be able to make it out to a dealer today. Any idea if November is a good month to buy? Any seasonal discounts to look for? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    If yes, please say say experience and how much you paid for.
    If not, another bigger promotion should come near Thanksgiving.
    Any comments?
    $1000 isn't much , especially when you see the load of 40k LE's on the lot so I would think that something better would show up in the next few months. Of course if better deals increase traffic and sales the dealers will be quick to adjust the amount they are willing to contribute to the final price. Financing 30-35 grand is still a chunk so if budgets are tight and people are insecure about jobs, there might be a fair amount left next july/august and who knows what will happen then. We live in interesting times.
    Yesterday, I saw local newspaper ad: A dealer sells all Muranos in store at $5000 of MSRP. Today, a dealer called me that there will be a better incentive starting on the coming Monday! Let's see what is it. Clearly, $1000 bonus in Oct. did not increase the sales. Waiting for a better deal, Buyers hold on!
    Nissan sales were down 33% in October, and Murano sales were down over 13% from last October. Other car manufacturers are reporting similar sales drops. I'm thinking that some rebates/incentives could come out in mid to late November to pick up the sales slack.
  • newmurano09newmurano09 Member Posts: 3
    I found this forum helpful during the buying process, so I wanted to share the pricing we paid on Friday for our new Murano

SL AWD Super Black/ Black interior
    Premium Package
    Leather

MSRP 33,645

We got it for 28,979 from Liberty Auto Plaza, in Libertyville IL, outside of Chicago, this included the $1000 rebate.

We are lucky enough to have alot of dealerships in the area so visited 3 local dealerships, the first quote we got from Liberty Auto was for 28K for a SL FWD, we went to Rosen in Gurnee and were quoted 27200, but they could not get the color wanted in from another dealership. The other nissan dealership in Arlington Heights lectured us on how they cannot sell cars at a loss, after sharing the quote we recieved from Gurnee. They basically did not want to make an effort to sell us a car even though we were ready to buy and the dealer was empty. Also to top it off they force you into what I call a profit package, bug deflector, wheel locks, nitrogen in the tires, and door trim protector for $400. All of the models I saw had this already so you could not opt out so they force you into high margin crap you don't want.

So we went back to Liberty and got the car we wanted for 2K under what they offerred to us, minus the lecture.

So far we are really happy with our purchase.

Hope this helps in your car purchasing endeavors
    Auffenberg Automotive has all their cars packed with a grand worth of paint sealant and fabric guard. I told the salesman i didn't want any of that and he pointed to the sticker and explained that the package had good value and I'd be sorry I didn't have it down the road. If the deal would have included gassing the tires, I might have reconsidered but i bought elseware. So far , no "non" buyers remorse, but you never know. I also passed on the $149 pin stripe that the local custom shop does for $35. Enjoy your Murano.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Hey its so bad that even Toyota is offering 0% fiancing, which I have NEVER seen them do before.. I have a 08 Altima Coupe and I really love the Murano, maybe I can get a screaming deal on a Murano....
    HI newmurano09,

We got it for 28,979. Is this OTD price? thanks!
    It was
    $28979 (included the $1k rebate)
    document service fee $150 (did not fight it)
    Title and registration fee $168
    Sale Tax $2110

Total 32,407
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    Nice price New maranno ausam you will love the car grate car have averry good day and thanks for reading Marco
  • wantmuranowantmurano Member Posts: 15
    your details add up to $31,407 versus $32,407. Please confirm the total amount paid was $31,407. The 32,407 must have been before the $1000 rebate. This is the exact car I am looking for. The Edmunds sight has the invoice price at $30,883. You actually paid $29,979 before the $1000 rebate, which is approvimately $900 below invoice price, correct?
    Toyota and Honda had announced a better promotion in Nov than Oct.
    I do not see Nissan has any new promotion in Nov, other than turning off Oct $1000 bonus. What is Nissan thinking under such a market condition?
    The new Muranos are 2009's --- there are no 08's so inventory concerns may not push incentives until closer to the 2010 model debut. Of course as price breaks increase, sales will improve [maybe] and dealers will look to capitalize on the increased demand by holding onto more of their profit. Selection issues come into play and the lower priced models will be gone. Hitting the market just right is tough.
    Sorry, so yes I did pay 29979 before the rebate, hopefully they will offer this rebate or something better again this month. Good luck!
    If yes, please say what deal was?
  • bw26bw26 Member Posts: 1
    This weekend I got a quote of $29,035 on an SL Murano w/Premium Package (MSRP $32,045). They also said they'd pick up the last payment on my current lease.

Is this a good deal or do you think I can do a little better?
  • saltshakersaltshaker Member Posts: 5
    Okay, that logic makes sense but that doesn't account for having a $1000 rebate in Oct, but not in November... I'm waiting on a LE Murano, but wont' buy until the new promotion is released.
    If you want an LE you will be well rewarded if you wait as long as can. I think the deals will get even better into next year. Good luck -- we love our murano.
    I am also waiting. No deal, no buy!
    By year end, if still no deal, I will look into other car makers who have the deal!
  • tonynyctonynyc Member Posts: 1
    Just got back with the new 2009 Murano I bought for my wife. We looked at the Ford Edge and the Acura MDX before deciding on the Murano. It feels much more luxurious than the Edge (and the ride is much better) and conveys similar luxury as the MDX at a lot less $$$$, while being more agile.
    I think we got a rather good deal from a dealer in Queens, NY:

- Silver/Black SL AWD with 0% financing for 36mos
    - Premium Package, Splash Guards and Custom Mats
    - $27,650 including destination (no other dealer fees, tax/title/reg. extra). MSRP on the sticker was $32,045.

Dealers must be hurting in the NYC area, the Acura dealership offered us $7,000 off the sticker price for a new 2008 MDX w/ Technology package. I would have taken it but my wife thought the car was too big and sluggish and she didn't want leather seats (came standard on the MDX). I'm glad she didn't want it; I feel much better about purchasing the Murano.

We visited the Nissan dealer in Manhattan first and they offered us an '09 SL AWD w/ just roof rails and no other option installed for $26,240 (incl. destination). We realized that the Premium Package offers a lot more for just $1K add'l (e.g. Bose, RearView Camera, Autodim mirror w/ compass, HomeLink) and includes roof rails. They didn't have it readily available so we searched dealer inventory online and found this dealer in Queens who won our business.
    I really wanted to buy a Ford Edge but the test drive was just ok. Drove the murano and that was the benchmark. Drove a Saab 9-3 2.0 sedan and it was a player but I wanted a combiwagon and the dealers here are not inspiring. The deals on the Saabs are pretty good but parts/service issues down the road turned me away. The jetta wagon was nice but felt a bit too small in the seat [not that I need it]. Didn't think about the Passat wagon --- could have been a player. Got a three year lease and am hoping the domestic automakers will get my business next time.
    Shopping for cars in the Big Apple --- looks like you did well. The murano is just the right size -- mileage is decent and the inerior is high end. Makes you feel you paid more for the car.
  • wantmuranowantmurano Member Posts: 15
    Great price, but I don't understand how a dealer can sell a car for $1845 under invoice price. The invoice price for your $32045 MSRP is $29,495 according to edmunds. I thought the holdback for Nissan cars was 2% of msrp, that would be $640? comments anyone? I too am waiting for another mfg incentive from Nissan.
    I bought my murano for $2234 under invoice. That was the first and only quote I got. I watched him figure the price and he went 7% under invoice. You could probably get the same deal if you came to the midwest but who knows. says he lost $ but he wanted a sale that day. They really want to clear some of the muranos off the lot.
    do not fool by dealer's invoice price! They also get many unpublished incentives from auto makers! Invoice price is just one of dealer's tools for negotiation! Of course, they might take a loss sale sometimes because of market condition or month/year end target!
    In Oct. there was a $1000 bonus cash to customer for Murano.
    In Nov. Nissan canceled this bonus, but today one dealer told me that it is still available for customers in Nov.. Anyone can confirm this please?
  • docrwdocrw Member Posts: 94
    We are also shopping the Murano and the MDX. I'd be very interested in your opinion of the two. Price aside would you still have chosen the Murano? Its a very difficult decision for us and the prices I have been quoted are not that far off each other.
    Never looked at the mdx since the dealers are 25 miles away but they look like great cars. Appear bigger than the murano less legroom but more shoulder and hip room. Warranty is better. I assume you are looking at an LE loaded which would approach the base mdx in msrp. Don't know about discounts or rebates. If the mdx is an 08 than that might figure into your decision down the road vs an 09 murano. You didn't say anything about test drives. I think if give the each a thorough drive you will probably come to a decision. If price isn't a factor get the one that rings your chimes and enjoy. There are some deals on infinity fx's, lexus rx's and toyota highlanders. The buick enclave is a sweet ride as well.
    I just noticed that prices of Muranos on Carmax.com dropped by $1,000 overnight. Some models are being offered at up to $1,900 below invoice, and this includes the freight charge. Anyone hear about another $1,000 rebate from Nissan for the last half of the month?
    It has to go down more! Otherwise, no body is buying under such a market condition.
    Some dealers offer about $1000 rebate for no financing purchase.
  • mike09mike09 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased in So. Calif. a 09 Murano SL, black with leather, premium pkg., splash guards, custom mats, and cargo mat. for $27,411 (MSRP - $32,145) plus tax, doct & license of $2,443 (and got 0% for 36 months financing). Very happy with $2,100 below invoice price, and I was in and out of the dealership in 1 hour. I drove this baby to Vegas and back, and what a great ride! I averaged 21.1 mpg at 75 mph and the A/C running. Been reading these posts for the past month, and your comments have sure helped with the purchase. :)
  • jayhawk70jayhawk70 Member Posts: 56
    mike09, where did you get this deal? I'm likely going to buy a Murano in the next few weeks, either in N. California where we live, but possibly in S. California, where we will spend Christmas and have frequently purchased cars before (seems to be more competition and better prices in the L.A. area). And how? Did you contact internet sales, or what?

Inquiring minds REALLY want to know!

Thanks -- a Jayhawk in California
    Nissan owner since 1973 (Datsun 240Z)
    Great deal! But your configure MSRP ~ $31470 in North CA,
    enjoy and thank you for info.
  • jayhawk70jayhawk70 Member Posts: 56
    nasdaq, I ran mike09's configuration in Edmunds for both N. and S. California and get an MSRP of $32,140 (assuming he got an FWD, not an AWD). So his numbers appear to be right on to me. ($5 difference is probably from rounding). Looks like he got right at $2000 under invoice.

Were you looking at the TMV price, perhaps?

--jayhawk
    Jayhawk70,
    I got msrp from dealers. It should be $31,565 NOT $31,470 in my poster as he also had CGO $70 $95 CARGO AREA PROTEC. The main difference comes from base MSRP prices: My dealer is $27,880 but emunds is $28,420. Anyway the invoice price is the same and he got right at about $2000 under invoice!
    Best deal on this car I have seen so far is MSRP - $5000 which happened once at the end of Oct.
  • tonyktonyk Member Posts: 10
    I have been informed by 2 dealerships in Pa. that there is currently a lease loyalty promo if you are going from one Nissan product to another. Not sure about buying but there is one with a lease.
  • stactumstactum Member Posts: 39
    I talked to my dealer and he said the only promo that is available is 1300$ dealer support, it is sort of extended dealer holdback. No cash to customer so far, but as I remember last month cash to customer was during last week of October or something like that so hopefully Nissan will release something like that in the next few days.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    yes they will dont you worry about it in the next few days. ok keep us updated on what you do have a grate day and thanks for reading marco
  • jyijyi Member Posts: 7
    I got Murano LE yesterday with nav, dual moon roof, splash guard, bumper protector. My walkawy price including tax (3% in Virginia), tag, processing was $36.5K. I also got 3.9% financing over 60 month. I wanted to fiance $10K but the rate was 7.95% if the financed amount is less than $12K. So I financed $12K.
    Jyi,

What dealer did you purchase from? I also live in Virginia and am looking at the Murano. How long did your negotiations take? Did you negotiate in person or via email? Any info you could provide would be great. Thanks.

DC44
    Mike09,
    Could please let me know your dealer name in LA? Thanks!
    Thanksgiving and end of this month is approaching. I got a few quotes from dealers but the price is well above invoice.
  • mike09mike09 Member Posts: 3
    Nasdaq,

Give Rosie P. a call at Tustin Nissan. She has several super reviews on Edmunds dealer feedback, that is how I found her. She was gave me the great price, and was also wonderful to work with!
    Good luck, and happy thanksgiving.
  • GoldiLoxGoldiLox Member Posts: 4
    Thanks everyone for sharing the great info. I was hoping for some feedback on the deal that my local dealership is offering...

LE w/Nav/moonroof/etc. MSRP $40,480
    Offer $4,000 off MSRP
    Added $1,500 to initital trade-in offer
    Still qualifies for the Nissan interest deals.

My question, above Marcogallo got a loaded LE for $36.5K including the 3% tax. My deal would put the car at $36.5K without tax. They have increased my trade, but do you think I can do better? I had read that Nissan might give an extra $1K rebate this week and that the dealers have a dealer incentive right now that will allow them to sell under invoice and still make money...so not sure if I should wait on a better offer?

Thank you for any advice! :confuse:
    There are signs on the loaded LE's like yours on the lot with 5K off msrp. There were several to choose from. A loaded LE should bring a discount of at least 5k maybe more and if the phantom 1k rebate ever materializes, then 6k might be possible. Unless the discounts start to pop on those 40k LE's, most will still be on the lot for a year or two. Your trade in muddies the waters but the used car maket is really tanking as well. What are you trading -- year & miles? If your getting a solid kelly blue book at the upper end of the trade in allowance than you are probably close. If you can wait a few months you might even do better. Just my opinion.
    Where did you read this: "I had read that Nissan might give an extra $1K rebate this week". From what I read there is no 1k rebate publication.

Seems to me, your deal is about right without 1K rebate.
  • GoldiLoxGoldiLox Member Posts: 4
    I read it on this board. Several people mentioned October's last week $1K rebate deal and that it might happen in November as well. It is all speculation, so I'm hoping someone has some inside information.

Since jyi was able to purchase the same vehicle for $36.5K including 3% taxes/tag/processing (when my deal is without all of that) is there a better deal out there? Should we wait until December to purchase in hopes of bigger year-end deals?

JYI, did you have a trade-in? If so, did they give you the trade-in value or more/less? I'm trying to figure out if the difference is in what they are offering on my car.

Thanks everyone!
  • jyijyi Member Posts: 7
    The dealers offered almost nothing for my trade in so I sold it myself. I sold it for more than twice what I would have gotten from a dealer. I lucked out since this guy came and bought it right after I advertised.

Hope this helps.