Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cutco760cutco760 Member Posts: 63
    Bob,

squishles10 is correct. You can even call the dealer and tell him that another dealer has the same car for far less and cite the fact that the model will be worth far less in 3 days. Either way you have a fall back. My advice is buy either on the 30th or 31st, but not today. Let the dealer sweat, remember that you have the upperhand. WHen I went car shopping on 12/05/09 I was tentatively sold a 2010 AWD SL for $39.7K (no extra options). On 12/19/09 I was quoted the same car for $33.8K, for an additional $1,100 I got the extra options. The point here is dont take the first option, go back to that Nissan dealer on the 30th or 31st and that car will be cheaper by at least $1500. The dealer knows you are serious now its his turn to be serious and sell it to you on your terms. This is where squishles10 is right.
  • scion111scion111 Member Posts: 16
    :blush: I have a 2009 Murano LE (no NAV, no Tow), 13k miles, perfect condition. Paid 35k in April 2008, so I've driven it for 20 months.

Dealer offered to take it in trade for new 2010 LE.

Offer is $12,500 out-the-door to take my 2009 LE and put me in 2010 LE.

$12,500 divided by 20 months is $625/month to drive the 09 LE for the 20 months I've owned it.

Any opinions as to whether it's a good deal?
    Hey scion,

I traded my 2007 S AWD with 17K miles on it for $18K. You trade that car in for $12.5K and the dealer will turn around and sell it for high $20's dont do it, tell him no way. Which region are you in? Is yours AWD? There is no way that I can get $18K on an inferior car. Let us know where you are that may be the reason. You should go to KBB and evaluate your car before you even consider giving it back. One dealer offered me $15.3K (my car even had an accident minor, bu still). You car in my area (NJ is at least $23K) Keep us posted. Good luck!
    cutco760:

To clarify, the $12,500 is out-the-door price. The 2010 LE is priced at $38k, so they're allowing $25,500 for the trade (38 - 12.5 out of pocket = 25.5 trade in price).

Thanks for the input!
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    You didn't say what you owe on the 09. You will also be hit with sales tax again and depreciation will start again on the 2010. Please break down the msrp of the 2010 -- selling price with fees and the exact price you are being offered for your 2009. Those are two different transactions that are muddied by the trade in figures. Once you have it all separated it will be easier to evaluate the deal. By the way, there is very little difference between the 09 and 2010.
    1. cash price for your car -- without trading.
    2. discounted price for the 2010
    3. new balance to be financed[include what is owed on 09]
    4. interest rate on new loan vs old loan.
    Scion,

Jayrider is correct. I haame issue as you and Jayrider gave me the same pep talk. The first deal I had was trading in my AWD S 07 for AWD SL 10' (with no extra options) I was going to pay $425 for a month for 84 months and $4500 down I had a balance of $18K on my car. After Jayrider read my post he told me the same. I went around and negotiated on the price and got a fully loaded SL under the invoice price and I secured my trade value above the payoff, so I ended up saving about $1700 in taxes alone. In the end I got a monthly payment for $430 a month for 72 months and $4500 down and my old car was paid off. So where you need to negotiate as mention by Jayrider is the price on the car and make sure that the price is at Invoice or close as possible. Get the most for your trade so that your taxes is offset. I agree with Jayrider there is not much difference there. In my case my wife put a nice dent under the front bumper which cracked the bottom about 3 inches. Negotiate on the price hard along with the trade value so that you can get the best value, by following Jayrider's advice I saved over $4500 not to mention that I saved over $900 over the next 44 months in payment. Your goal should be to have a lower monthly than what your have now and have as little down payment and get the most for your car and pay the least for your the new. Go to other dealers as well to see, I went to 7 dealers in NJ and NY before getting the best dealIf you live in my region you can email me (which is in the previous posts and I can tell you where I went).

Good luck to you and if the deal is not on your terms do not do it.

Hey Jayrider thanks again for the advice earlier in the month you definitely had great ideas on the best approach.

Hey Jayrider thanks for the advice earlier in the month as well.
    Thanks cutco760, taking my murano in for the free 10250 oil change now. Will browse around while I'm waiting -- sniff around for any once in a lifetime deals. :)
    Thanks for all the input!

The 2010 LE MSRP is 40k, discounted to 38k (has everything but the NAV and towing). The $12,500 is truly out-the-door (all taxes and fees included). I bought the 09 cash, nothing owed and will pay the $12,500 in cash so no loans involved.

As I see it, if 2010 LE is 38k and they're asking for 12.5k out of pocket that means they're giving me $25,500 for the 09 LE.

Opinions?
    Scion,

Thanks for the info provide. It certainly helps to understand your deal better. The first thing I would suggest is go to Truecar.com and see the price of the LE in your area. You state the MSRP at $40K, but here is the catch Nissan is offering cash back on the 2010 models ($1500 I think) instead of the low APR so its likely that the dealer is taking the cashback from the MSRP and telling you that he will take $2K off but is really taking $500 off and getting your rebate and keeping it. If you go to Nissan's site you will see the cash back comment instead of APR. I encourage you to go to truecar first and see the invoice on that very car in your area, than find out what your vehicle is worth at trade through Kelley Blue Book. While the dealer uses black book. The $25.5K is certainly a start if it is close to Blue book value. Once you have the infor the new LE I suggest that you negotiate at the invoice price instead of letting the dealer dictate the price and savings. For instace if the MSRP is $40K and invoice is $38K than you tell the dealer that. By the way in NJ MSRP on the AWD 2010 LE with the Nav/ Splash/Mats & Destination $41,140 according to NissanUSA. Basically the dealer is not giving you much other than a 2010 model. Here is a statement form the Nissan site "Cash back when you purchase from new dealer stock." Since you buying out right you should get that cash back credited to your dealer quote. My suggestion before you deal get the new LE invoice on Truecar.com and get the value of your current car. Once you have those negotiate with the dealer at invoice on the price than negotiate your trade value. Once you have the car price and trade value (only after) tell the dealer that you want he or she to also apply the cashback from Nissan on the Price of the vehicle. If they bulk you should tell them its on the Nissan site and since oyu are buying out right you are entitle to that cash back. If they bulk walk out. Its in the dealer's interest to sell that LE to you. They stand to make a lot of money buy selling you that car. Not only in terms of unit sold, but Nissan will reward the dealer for performance. You can tell the dealer that if he is not willing to deal with you his competitor down the road will and that he will regret losing your business. Do not get the LE without the Nav you would not be making much of an upgrade if you did that and you should get see the invoice on that car with and without the Nav so that you get the best deal. Once you have a good deal you can let us know. Remember Nissan's offer is good until 1/4/10 dont let the dealer take you for a ride. Good luck and oyu are welcome from all of us. Will check back later to see whats up!
    cutco760,

Thanks for the great info! I printed the Truecar and Kelly info and will use to negotiate when I go there today.

Looked on Nissan site and did not see any cash back offers on 2010 Murano for the Northeast area (I'm in NJ). Only saw $1250 back on 2009's.

Are you looking at different area of country? Not sure why it would matter.
    Scion,

I am in NJ also which dealer are you going to? I have been to 5 dealers here and 2 in NY. If you tell us the dealership I can tell you if you offer can be beaten. Are you in North NJ? Let me know. I got my offer here in NJ and I got an upgrade on my car. The guy I dealt with could hook up you as well since I have sent him two customers his way already I am sure he can help you meet your needs. The $25.5 for your can sounds like a start. I hope you are not going to Nissan's World or Hilltop Nissan if so you should run from there. By the way on the Nissan's site go to vehicle offers select Murano and you will see the 2.9% for 60 months click on details you will see the cash back statement from dealer stock. Like I said I dealt with 5 dealers in NJ over the first 20 days, if you are in my area, I am sure my guy will beat your deal. Look forward to your reply in the next few and tell us the name of that dealer I likely have been there.
    Scion,

I just build your LE AWD 2010 with Floor mats, Nav, Cargo cover, splash and the invoice on it is $37757 in NJ. The dealer should seel this car to you at minimun on that price, but here is the catch AAA customers can get this car $200 below the invoice which means you should not pay more than $37500 with Nav. If you email me I can connect you with my guy who this week alone has sold 3 fully equipped cars to me and two others who I sent his way well under the invoice price. Keep in mind that the car is also priced at invoice above the real price is well below that. I am sure you can get the same value on your trade if you tell him the dealer. My email is cutco760@yahoo.com. You dont have much to lose here at least you will know that you have tried another dealer. Let me know when you send me the email.

Regards,
  • droptopsolaradroptopsolara Member Posts: 21
    I ended up with an LE - but long story...
    Dealer located an SL AWD V6 Premium, Tech Leather and Moonroof with most of what we wanted in Merlot except with black interior. They had it driven in from another dealer in another state- Went on 12/31 to pick it up, did all the paperwork and were ready to drive it away -

One of the key features my wife was looking for was the ipod integration. We went to the dealer to test drive an SL initially a week ago but they did not have one one similarly equipped in stock. So that day we test drove an LE as she wanted to see how the IPOD integration, bluetooth, etc worked compared to a Venza and Honda cross tour we were considering. Salesperson told us the SL with Prem and Tech had same ipod integration as the LE. We demo'd it and was fine.

As we were ready to drive away with the SL on 12/31 my daughter asked to hook up her ipod. much to our surprise the SL did not have an Ipod integration cable...
    After much research they confirmed it did not have this feature with Tech/premium. The dealer had an LE in stock with beige interior in Sahara Stone - not our color preference, but he gave us the same deal - 3% under invoice/less the dealer conveyance.

We were really disappointed with the sales person - the sales manager was nice enough but we then had to re-register and re-paper the deal again. Sales person said the SL's had a 360 pkg that was offered for a while that had the ipod integration.
    What a nightmare !

Given all the hassle we thought we should have gotten a bigger break, but they just were not willing to do anything further. We were a little stuck as the deadline for the tax break was 12/31.

After driving this for two days the LE is great. This has the Nav Package also, Mats, splash guards, bumper guard, cross rails.

Because of the new transaction and our insurance agent left for the day, the dealer gave us dealer plates for a few days. We have to go back next week to get the car detailed and registration completed.
    We plan to continue to express our dissatisfaction with the way this was handled. The salesman admitted the mistake, but we ended buying more of a car than we anticipated !

Going forward I am only going to deal on cars on the lot and researching options deeper and getting full demo on any features in the model purchasing. I recommend avoiding the locate process unless you are certain of what you are getting.

AWD V6 LE with NAV, Splash Guards, Cross Rails, Bumper Guard, Mats.
    MSRP: 41,430
    Invoice: 38,034
    Paid: 36,500 less 329 Dealer Conveyance

Love the car, just wasn't what we were planning on going in.
  • martinrrrrmartinrrrr Member Posts: 12
    >>

Unfortunately, that will probably get the [non-permissible content removed] salesman a high five from the sales manager. Sure you got the same deal but the sales manger and the dealer made their sales dollars quota. Research and self education of what is and isn't available on each trim line helps combat the underhandedness of sale people. Always print off the specific specs for each car that you are looking at and take that with you. Salespeople hate to see customer walk in with a ream of printed off data in their hands, it tells them that they are dealing with a well informed customer and that they must be on their toes when dealing with them.
  • tmorgan2512tmorgan2512 Member Posts: 4
    Looking to get your opinions on an offer that I recieved today. I am in the North East region (long island, NY). I was looking at a 2010 AWD Murano with nav, moon roof, premium pkg, tech pkg, leather. MSRP was 39,100 and I was offered it at a selling price of 37,495. After some further negotiations they would also include remote start (300) and dvd headrests (500) for $800 + tax. Both options that I would put in aftermarket anyway. The remote start and headrests were after sale deals that I could take or leave.
    Hey Martinrrr,

Congrats, can you share the dealership and location so that we can analyze deals. It would be beneficial to potential buyers. You got a great deal though.
  • subdensubden Member Posts: 40
    Just purchased. MSRP $41650 including roof crossbars, mats, bumper protector, rear cargo cover and splash guards. Invoice about $38300. Out door for $37,233 with no dealer handling/extra charges. Plus 2.9% financing for 60 months. Great transaction/dealer. I'm happy with the deal and car.

Current incentive here is the 2.9 WITH $750 cash back. Ends 1/4.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Invoice about $38300. Out door for $37,233 with no dealer handling/extra charges

Wow, you got the car for around 4K under invoice?
  • subdensubden Member Posts: 40
    No, about $1K under invoice..over $4K below sticker.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    ok...usually the term OTD = price + TTL...still very good, imo.
    Hey is it Massapequa Nissan? I dealt with those guys. They sounded sweet, but I beat their best deal. WHo is the dealer. I went out there to shop did not get any good offers. Had one in NJ that was a blown way offer.

Regards,
  • dennyregazzodennyregazzo Member Posts: 14
    SL AWD
    Platinum Graphite / Black Interior
    Premium
    Leather
    Moonroof
    Floor/Cargo Mats
    Splash Guards
    Retractable Cargo Cover

$31700, plus tax (7%) and tags. So, it came out to around $34,550 with everything - invoice is in the car so I don't have the exact number to the penny. Financed at 2.9% for 60 months. We love the car.

Edit: Forgot to add we bought from a dealer in Union County, NJ.
  • tmorgan2512tmorgan2512 Member Posts: 4
    Cutco - The offer I had was from Riverhead automall. They were the only ones (so I thought) that had an SL with the options I wanted in the color that I wanted. Turns out after being promised to take delivery 3 times it never came through. They tried to put me in everything else that was in their lot as oppossed to the one that I bought and utimtely wanted. What a nightmare.. I finally asked for a refund and went else where.

Turns out a friend of a friend is the finance GM at a closer nissan dealer. They didn't have the SL but did have an LE with the options and color I wanted. What do you guys think of this deal. Love the truck.

$41600 (MSRP - AWD, LE, nav, moof roof, leather, the works)

$36500 (sale price)
    +2447 (extend warranty - 7 yr\100K)
    -9000 (trade in - most I was offered anywhere)
    -750 (rebate)
    +2518 (tax)
    -10000 (cash down)
    $21715 (amount financed at 3.34 over 72 months)

Forgot they also threw in a free remote start.Took delivery the same day. Truecar.com has the truecost (well below factory invoice) of the LE at $36490. Pissed I missed out on the New Car Tax Rebate for 2009 by getting screwed from Riverhead Automall. Can't have everything!!
    tmorgan2512,

That is an excellent deal. You pay below invoice and near truecost (which is what we should pay). I can share the same feeling about the dealer not having the car that you want and jerking you around. That happened to me at Massapequa NY. With that said you got more car for less money than others. Its tough missing out the tax break, but at least you paid less for the car than most. You can see the deal that Dennir in the above link got, he and I used the same salesperson and like you we saved a bundle. I refused to pay above invoice price on these cars since Nissan brand is not a Lexus/Infiniti or Acura. With that said congrats and share the dealership and location name. BTW it is not hard to get great deals at the start of the month, dealers in NJ are really hurting for business and they need to clean out the lot. Yes most hae low inventory, and they want to sell what they have. However, they will bend to do a deal that will earn them money since te future is uncertain. This thought was shared to me by my neighbor who is a Lexus dealer. I also looked at the Lexus and I had an offer of $38900 or AWD RX MSRP 43715. The price was above my limit. Again great car that you got there, outstanding research and price paid on your part. Anyone else still in the market feel free to contact me and I can provide my salesperson name. Cutco760@yahoo.com
    Hey one last thing. I shopped for an extended Warranty and found one for $1499 from a reliable vendor. 6 yr/75K Miles. I had Nissan's warranty on previous Murano and it was a joke so this time around when I went into the "Rip off manager" to close the deal, I told him upfront not to attempt to sell me anything because I would walk right out. He basically felt that he was shutdown right there. Its always funny how they have the paper work from a customer who had a breakdown a few days ago. In any case most consumers feel that the warranty is vital, based on my experience with that warranty I will never buy it. The funny thing is that the warrany is bought by the dealer at a third of the cost and sold at the value that you got it. I think you have 60 days to cancel, I suggest that you shop around and get other quotes. You are probably thinking that it is form nissan and that the dealer will honor it, but when you bring it into service, they are a hassle to deal with. Otherwise you got a great car.
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    Go to Nissanwarrantystore.com. You will find your warranty there for less. I got the gold preferred thru them a month before my factory warranty expired. I got 84 months but only like 70k miles because I don't put a lot of miles (have 26k on my 06 after 3.5 years) . Mine was $900 or so, and no interest for 11 payments. They are affiliated with an actual dealer in CA. They get incentives for selling more warranties so they can sell them cheaper. My dealer danced all around that issue when I confronted him with the price difference. My dealer in NJ would not match it on the identical warranty. The second time I went in they claimed you could only get the gold preferred at initial sale, but that was a lie. Don't know what your warranty coverage is, but your price is even higher than my dealer offered. Don't know if you can cancel and then re sign up thru another dealer or not....Call the nissanwarrantystore (nissan of Santa Rosa). I dealt w/ Jesse, he was very helpful and low pressure. Then you could end with an AMAZING deal!
    Yeah, I went there as well and so the great deals there, I wanted a warranty more in depth that would cover breaks/fuild flush & change as well as tire rotation & other minor things. That is why I paid a little more. In regards to the warranty bought, I think "Morgan" has 60 days to cancel it and yes he can buy another one at a later date. Paying over $2K for that warranty is quite a bit (I bought the gold premium in 32007 at $1600). The dealer usually wants to talk the buyer out of returning it, but its refundable fully in the first 60 days, after that prorated and they take a big chunk out, and even the oil service that comes with it the service department do not want ot honor since it is in 7500K intervals. Of course they will not give you $2k in cash, but the credit will go to your finance amount and in essence reducing your monthly payment before you start paying. In fact that warranty at $2.2K with interest for 72 months is more than $2.2K. I would suggest the same and you would be home free and get another one at half of the cost. I had an issue with my cat converter on the previous Murano and I went in only ot find out that the warranty was not going to cover it at the dealer where I bought it. It turned out that the manufacturer covered the cat so I did not end up going to Bay Ridge Nissan in NY to get the cat fixed as it would be the case. I will never buy a warranty at the dealer in this life. Plus after 36K miles or 3 years you can buy another warranty. In any case the deal on the car was amazing, the warranty can still be returned if he wishes. Its tough when you are at the dealer the "Rip off manager" is getting you in that moment where you are about to take your new car and he knows that he can sell the buyer anything, new car owner dont want something bad happening to his/her car and they prey on that. Step out of the box and ask yourself "am I really going to own this car for 100K miles" or better yest ask him "If I do not buy this warranty and my engine blows out at 10K miles will the manufacturer cover it" & "If I do buy this warranty and my engine blows out at 10K miles will this warranty cover it" an honest person would say "Yes" and "No". The contract states that the purchased warranty is only good after the manafucturer's one expires. If he says no walk out and run away. The other thing also is that your warranty will only be in effect when the manufacturer's expire. So it is a 64K miles and 4 years. Another way to look at it is invest $2200 for 7 years at 1.25% and no monthly deposit and you have $2400 in the end add $50 and you have over $6K. Overall it is still a great price on the car, a shamme that they oversold on the warranty, you could have invested that $2K on a nice nav system too.
  • bob225bob225 Member Posts: 46
    Just an update, we decided to hold off a month and reevaluate our choice. Wife now prefers the Mazda CX-9 but not much incentive. The Nissan dealer came back and took off an additional $2000. They want to get ride of the last two '09's they have. Hopefully decide by the end of the month.
    Hey bob225,

I kind looked at Mazda, but the incentives at that time were not good enough. Nissan had a really good deal going. Your decision to await until moth end is the right choice. What I do advise is not to buy at the start or middle, but rather the last week of the month. You should definitely get great deals on the 09', given that the dealer needs to clear it out. Be sure to look at both 2010 & 09' with the same package so that you know the difference is great enough. You do not want to pay less than $3K than you would for a 2010, last yrs model has declined a lot since 12/31. Stay in touch and I think you are in the Tri state area as well correct? If so remember to email me so that I can get you in touch with my guy for a deal on the 2010.

regards,
  • dennyregazzodennyregazzo Member Posts: 14
    Not that this matters but we looked at the CX-9 too. I went to get in the passenger side and smashed my head so hard on the upper door jamb that I sustained a mild concussion (no joke). The seat on the passenger side is high and the height of the entry seems relatively low in comparison. Just a heads up...or heads down in this case.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    What did you do, jump into the backseat, to have a mild concussion take a good blow to the head.
  • irishnyeririshnyer Member Posts: 2
    Here's the best offer that I could get in the NJ/NY area. Sealing the deal this weekend:

2010 Murano SL AWD

Merlot with Black interior
    Leather
    Premium
    Moonroof
    Floor Mats
    Splash Guards

Out-the-door for $35k flat with 10k down and 2.9% for 60 mos.

Shopped around for a few weeks and contacted lots of dealers.

I wasn't interested in Nav or Tech., just the most comfortable ride.

Offers were all over the chart.

Did have one offer for the same as above with 3 yr service contract for $35.5 OTD, but then he gave me the old "I sold them all and now it was $36.6" when I was ready to pull the trigger a week later (Ramsey).

Figure with an invoice of $33,080 on Edmunds, TrueCar, and KBB, this is a good deal.
  • billiebadbilliebad Member Posts: 2
    I am in a non-rebate state and am looking at a deal at invoice - anyone beating this pricing (no trade).
    I got the same SL with identical packages and options. Price paid on the car was under $31.5K, the terms are the same for all dealers. What was the final price on your car? My final price with tax & fees were lower since I got $18K for my trade which impacted my taxes. Who is the dealer. I went to 5 of them in NJ NY area before going to the last one RT 22. If you want to give my guy a call to check I can give you his name. You can email me at cutco760@yahoo.com. coincidently someone else got the same car for $31.7K based on my recommendation.

Iwent to these dealers.
    Bay Ridge
    Massapequa
    Hilltop
    Springfield Nissan
    Acme
  • jr343jr343 Member Posts: 8
    Stay away from Koppell if you want good deal.....

Definitely high game players,,, from first hand experience...posted same many pages back but worth it to me to post again...very sour taste in my mouth from them...
  • billiebadbilliebad Member Posts: 2
    Non rebate state. 10 SL AWD tech roof and leather $33,100 plus $200 doc and sales tax.
  • nivleknivlek Member Posts: 1
    I can't help but notice most of the people here are talking about he higher model or Murano. I'm in the process of shopping a basic S model of Murano. Its a new year and a few dealers are trying to push their 2009 models. I got an offer for Murano S 2009 for $23499. It is basic with a convenience package (even thought i have no idea what it is) and floor mat and splash guard. Anyone has any commend on it?

also, does anyone know what is the difference between an 09 and 10?
  • ceemovieceemovie Member Posts: 3
    Hi Cutco.

I am interested in getting a murano SL. Please email me the details of the sales person or dealer at ceemovie@yahoo.com
    Hi that convenience package is the floor mat and splash only nothing else. The car is extremely basic. Which area of the country are you in? I shocked to hear about 2009 S. A 2010 AWD S is about $25K. I had an offer on a basic 2010 AWD SL for $28.5K. I would go with a 2010 instead of a 2009 giving that the safety features are better. I dont think that there are many 2009 SL available. Is the S that you are looking for a AWD? Good luck.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    For the '09 Murano S model, the convenience package is:

Alarm System, Cargo Cover, Privacy Glass & Roof Rails.

$550 addition to MSRP...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• loachloach Member Posts: 246
    After unsuccessfully trying to buy an '09 last fall, I just picked up my new Murano this weekend:
    2010 Nissan Murano LE AWD
    Platinum Graphite/ Black
    Navigation
    Accessory Value Package
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats

MSRP $41,275
    Invoice $37,912

Price before rebates $37,250 (includes $199 dealer doc fee)
    Rebate ($1,250)
    Presidents Day bonus cash ($500)
    Dealer Referral Coupon ($100)
    Added Rear Bumper Protector $199
    Final price = $35,599

No trade or financing. TT&L is paid at the DMV in my state - not at the dealer. I was very pleased with this deal. No dealers in the area had the color/trim that I wanted, so initially I got a quote from a dealer about 200 miles away. But this local dealer was very aggressive about locating my vehicle, beating the other dealers price and getting the vehicle to the dealership for me. I'm very pleased with the deal and looking forward many years of driving my new Mo. My new ride replaces my 2001 Pathfinder, which I was very happy with but sold to my brother.

The Presidents Day cash kind of fell in my lap - the vehicle arrived at the dealership the first day of the $500 bonus cash. Thinking about blowing it on a remote start system.
  • desna78desna78 Member Posts: 21
    I bought my new 2009 (car had 50 miles on odo) for $34,300 in June 2009. MSRP was $41,300.

Murano LE AWD with carpet floor mats, cross rail bars, and Aero Kit all around.

My murano does not have Navigation and HDD. Everything else is in. Very happy with my car. already 8,000 miles on it.
    Is it a good deal?

One little problem I had with the radio: when start the engine, FM radio stopped broadcasting. AM/XM/CD/iPod worked fine but FM could not hear from the speakers. Had to shut engine and restart again to fix the problem. Nissan replaced the radio. No more issues with radio after that.
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    We'll be in the market for a new car this summer. When I got my Murano I had decided I wanted it and emailed the online depts of 2-3 dealers. I got a good price fairly easily. I don't know what car I want this time and will have to shop a few to decide. Does that put me out of online dealing and into salesperson dealing? I really hate to haggle because it's a waste of time. I know what I want to pay and won't play the game. I hate to take a salesperson's time, but I need them to see the car, and with them I have to play the game.

I hope I made my question clear....

Can I email for quotes and then test drive the cars to decide? I'm just not sure how to approach it.

On a different point, when we bought our Altima I knew we wanted one. We found one in the right color and the salesman refused to give us a price until we drove it (we'd driven others) He wasted our time because in the end they couldn't beat the price we hahe wasted his time making us drive a car when he knew our price point and probably knew he couldn't meet it.
  • mikesmuranomikesmurano Member Posts: 118
    I have owned many different types of cars and trucks. My “2003 Murano SE” has turned out to be for me one of the most unreliable and repair intensive cars I have ever owned.

The short list:

• Recurring brake and strut problems.
    • Had CVT repaired twice.
    • Replaced CVT.
    • Engine oil leaks (valve covers; seals; gaskets; etc.).
    • The engine now is burning oil (I have changed it every ~3K miles).
    • Catalytic converter system and O2 sensors replaced.
    • Failed power door lock solenoids (2).
    • Cup holder ears broke with little pressure.
    • Bose CD changer problems (disc player skips; speakers cut out).
    • Gas cover door sticks preventing access to fill tank with gas.
    • AC system coolant leaks repaired and system re-charged.

These issues have made the experience of owning this car very sour. I have spoke to other owners who have expressed the same dissatisfaction. See my posts in the CVT issues section.

By anything else. Don't buy a Nissan Murano!
    See my post #2683.

For the $$$ you're better off getting an Acura or a Lexus!
  • loachloach Member Posts: 246
    Silly me - I thought this was the "prices paid" thread.
    Sorry to bother you with my note. However, I feel compelled to warn people about what to expect while considering purchasing a Murano.

Hope you have better luck.
  • jayhawk70jayhawk70 Member Posts: 56
    Mike, too bad about your 1st generation Murano, but this thread is about new Muranos which were redesigned for the 2009 model year. (Plus your 2003 was the first year of a completely new design - always a risk. Shouldn't be, but that is the reality of any new design from any manufacturer).

We've had our 2009 for 14 months and put 28,000 miles on it, including long highway trips, city driving, and winter mountain trips. The car has been absolutely perfect, no defects or repairs of any kind required. Its clearly the best midsize SUV/CUV out there, as indicated by Consumer Reports surveys and Edmund's editors.

And, to bring this back to the purpose of this thread, a great value compared to the Lexus RX350, and the Infinity FX35 we cross shopped for.

--jayhawk
    My 09 SL has just under 12k miles and not a single issue. Buying the first model year of anything and keeping it beyond the warranty is usually risky.
  • hafezhhafezh Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    Today, I bought Murano from Nissan Buena Park. I paid $32K for SL 2WD that included the premium and Technology packages. The price I paid was after getting $1250 cashback from Nissan.
    Other options that were included in the deal are: duel moonroof , roofrack cross bars, mats and rear cargo cover.
    I had to pay extra for tax and license which is more than $3K. My deal included trade in my previous 2006 SL 2WD Murano that had 73000 miles for $13,500.
    I spent 6 hours at the dealership where I had to do negotation with 3 persons but the entire experience was pleasant. I did research the used car and new car information and tips from Edmunds site and that really helped me . I am sharing this for shoppers looking into buying Murano. I love the car and I hope my new car will work as good as my previous one.