Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mikesmuranomikesmurano Member Posts: 118
    edited March 2010
    To be correct, this is the "prices paid and buying experience" thread.

The buying experience for me was "all" bad since the car turned out to be such money pit.

For the record to all readers: In 2004, I paid $23,995 for a fully loaded, "dealer certified" 2003 SE Murano. The car was owned by a salesman from the dealership. It had 39k miles. Over the next five years I spent a total of $11,000 in repair bills for failing parts and systems. I can honestly say the buying and owning experience is rather negative.

I would caution purchasing 2009 models since it is the first year in a new platform. The 2011's will have a revision in trim packages and TCB updates. It might be better to wait until later this year.

Also, be aware that the new Murano's, 2009 and forward, share technology with the Rogue. The Rogue is riddled with problems.

Just sticking to the thread "loach".
  • iolo72iolo72 Member Posts: 29
    IMO, the "buying experience" part is experience you had with your seller at the time of purchasing your vehicle to share with others so they can use that information to look for good dealers to negotiate good deals and weed out bad dealers to stay away from. A post without any info regarding whom/where/for how much the purchase was made and the actual buying experience (as in purchase transaction) is not really helpful. Just making the thread relevant.
    My Murano was originally purchased at the Nissan dealer in Conyers, GA.

I found them to be rather dishonest regarding their "Certified Cars".

I subsequently shopped at the "Mall of Georgia Nissan". Found them to be very pricey and non-negotiable.

I later conducted my business at Carriage Nissan in Gainesville, GA. I found them to be the most reasonable to deal with. They were negotiable and came across as honest.

But, I have also recently learned that Nissan Dealers have a practice of "railroading" customers, even ones with bad credit, into compromised (i.e. bad) deals.

The Consumer Protection Agency in GA is investigating as we speak.

I would exercise caution at any Nissan dealership.

I think this post is relevant. IMO. :P
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Like someone posted before, what happened to you have NOTHING to do with todays Murano's. Nissan has issues with the CVT in the early years but have corrected the problems. But of course that doesn't matter to you, since it seems like you like to hold on the issue not move forward. So you got a bad deal, sorry, but sell the Murano and never buy another one (nissan). Its called growing up.
    edited March 2010
    You are not correct about the current design of Nissan's CVT's. A little research confirms this by looking at the dates of the models that continue to have problems. Even newer models.

Correcting you further, I am not holding on but warning people so that they may avoid costly unplanned repairs.

Correcting you still further, I have moved on by purchasing an Acura to replace the Murano. Best car purchase I have made in recent times.

CYS further, you have bad grammar, poor spelling skills and poor sentence structure in addition to sounding rather insulting.

Try your "pop-psychological" analysis on some else. LOL. ;)
  • dennyregazzodennyregazzo Member Posts: 14
    Mike, I can appreciate your disappointment and frustration. I imagine nearly everyone has at least one consumer experience in which he/she felt exploited. You have every right to share your experience with fellow consumers no matter your intentions.

Please understand though that sharing your story and shoving it down our throats are different experiences on our end. We are here because we may buy, or have bought Muranos already. Our individual decisions may take your experience into account, but we all are big boys and girls here.

So, since there is not an ignore feature in this forum perhaps you could be respectful of us and stop spamming thoughts on threads where the topic has little in common with your story.
  • loachloach Member Posts: 246
    Well said, Denny. But he won't stop spamming this thread because he can't help himself. He'll probably prove it by replying to this post.....
    edited March 2010
    Denny, thanks for your comments. However, respectfully, my buying experience is no less valid than yours or anyone else being a former Nissan Murano owner.

Also, folks looking to buy are not only looking for "new" Muranos. Many are shopping for used cars and Consumer Reports publications are generally inaccurate and non-technical.

I have had replies that were positive wanting to know what went wrong and others, like "loach" and "flightnurse", who think sharing a negative experience is wrong (i.e. shoving it down throats).

I don't know where your thinking is if when information provided does not match your experience or opinion it is then bad or irrelevant. Especially, when it can voluntarily be ignored or disregarded.

My advice for you is to buy another Murano. Heck, buy two or three. That way you'll have spare parts when one breaks down.

Don't reply unless you want me to reply back. I find it humorous that my remarks bother you guys so much.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    mike -- your remarks don't bother me at all. I doubt that they bother nissan as well. Had you had the problems with a new 07 or 09 your warnings would be taken more seriously. If I'm correct you bought the first model year used with 39k miles on it. You paid top dollar because they were hot back then and you got burned. My condolences. I would concur with your warning to stay away from the 03's but the current models have been decent for the vast majority of owners. The cvt issues resulted in an extended warranty --10 years /120k miles so nissan is stepping up a bit. I doubt that any of your posts will be taken seriously by future murano purchasers or hurt nissan in general. The edmunds sample is really quite small. It might help vent your rage at the bum deal you got so in the words of buddy holly "Rave on". Enjoy your new car -- leave this mess behind. Good thoughts your way. :)
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for your words "jayrider". The first sensible ones I've heard.

I will not comment more in this thread unless someone asks for my input.

Just an FYI, I live in the metro Atlanta area which is one of the largest Nissan, Honda and Toyota markets in the U.S.

In our 145 resident neighborhood there were six Murano owners; now five. Two of those owners purchased 2009 models; the rest were spread among earlier years.

Interestingly, (3 of 6) were/are having CVT and other mechanical problems. One of those is an '09. I think it is a little more than coincidence. Two neighbors bought '09's because they saw my '03 in my driveway for five years thinking that it must be a great car since I had it so long. They never asked.

There is more to the story than what some have thought. I hung on to the car because I loved the way it drove and truly like the concept of a CVT. As I said the first two years were bliss.

As one writer said maybe I got Monday or Friday car. Or maybe it was just because it was an '03. Being an automotive mechanical engineer I can say it's a case of shoddy engineering and sloppy manufacturing coupled with all the rest.

I leave you all in peace. ;)
    Now, we only have 2k miles on the car but we love it.

Our dealer experience was superior. We settled on a dealer in northeastern NJ. The price was negotiated over the phone, the deal was settled in person that afternoon and the finance office did not try and gauge me on delivery. My salesman was outstanding. If anyone is interested they could be PM me for his cell phone #.

After the fact I had 2 issues arise (not related to the physical car itself) and the management team there addressed them.

I hope I don't have a tale to tell like Mike in a few years. I hope it is more in line with the last new car I bought - a 95 Accord which I am still driving.
  • loachloach Member Posts: 246
    I have had replies that were positive wanting to know what went wrong and others, like "loach" and "flightnurse", who think sharing a negative experience is wrong (i.e. shoving it down throats).

Nope. Never said it was wrong - simply that you put it in the wrong thread - which is of course what happens when you post the same diatribe in 15 different threads.
    Mike said he was getting on with his life-- good advice for lots of folks with issues. :)
    You guys gave me an inspiration!

I started a new thread so as not to bother you. I find it odd though, that if you already bought a Murano, and are happy with it, you still return to this discussion.

Anyway, your comments are all welcome in the new thread. It will also help potential car buyers get a glimpse at some real world experiences.

Just make sure "flightnurse" gets her grammar and spelling correct.

I disagree with your last remark "loach". ;)
  • lrosalrosa Member Posts: 2
    Hi Dennyregazzo,

Glad to see that your happy with your purchase.

I'm in western Monmouth Cty, I'd appreciate if you could send me the salesmans cell number.

Thanks
    Hi lrosa. I just realized this forum has no IM capability. Send me an email to dnajar@yahoo.com and I will provide details.
  • jr343jr343 Member Posts: 8
    Just a reminder,

the end of March ( correct me if Im wrong ) is the end of nissans fiscal year. You can make hotter deals towards the end of this month!
    3G below invoice is not unheard of. Check this forum going around the end of March last year!

Happy Haggling!
    I cant get mine yet.
  • gatorclawsgatorclaws Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    I'm looking to purchase a loaded except navigatio 2010 SL AWD with an MSRP of just under $38,000.

I've sent out emails to local dealers (midwest) asking for their best offer. What should I be expecting? I believe the invoice falls around $34,500 + TTL and that's what I'm being offered by those that have responded right now, so about $3000 to $3500 below MSRP.

Even though I asked for their best offer, will they (and are they expecting me to) still negotiate further?

I was thinking if I can get around $5000 off MSRP it would be great, but the post above indicates it's possible to get $3000 below invoice so I'm not too sure what to aim for.
  • healthyhearthealthyheart Member Posts: 7
    check out this site. www.truecar.com. It gives you EXACT sales figures for what others have paid in your zip code and its up to date. You can get the car for under dealer invoice. the site tells you a breakdown between good price, great price, etc.
  • ambercrombeambercrombe Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market for 2010 model. Anyone has a recent quote for 2010 SL AWD (with tech, leather) and 2010 LE AWD in New England (Boston) area?

Another questions I had was on the SL trim...does it allow you to connect your iphone/ipod?
    This is one of the few failures of Nissan here. No ipod jack/usb plug at all anywhere in the car unless you get the LE.

The SL only allows ipod connection via a basic composite (y/r/w) input jack on the back of the storage console in between the front seats. This is played through the stereo by setting to AUX. You will have no control over the ipod via the car stereo.
    Nissan leaves a lot to be desired in their overall engineering thought process.

The lease of which in their tech package. I would look at other cars that are similar in design. You will be spending a lot of money and you should find what you know you will be happy with in the long run.

I had the premium sound system in my Murano and had a lot of problems with speaker channels skipping out and the CD player malfunctioning. Also, the FM/AM antenna seamed to be underpowered; I had difficulty maintaining a signal in certain areas. I have not noticed this with my new Acura to compare.

The standard Acura MDX allows full control through the car's audio controls including through the steering.

Just a thought.........
    Mike, if we all were going to spend $15,000 more than I believe we'd expect to get every bell and whistle. The Acura of which you speak ranges from MSRP base of $42,230 to $53,755.

The Murano is a wonderful car for those who cannot or choose not to spend more than $35k out the door.
    Denny, thanks for the info. on the MSRP. I had already knew that though.

The Murano LE exceeds $40k when you add in the options being discussed above and that are standard on a Acura MDX. At that point, you are not far from an apple-to-apple comparison.

I don't know what "ambercrombe's" budget is, I was simply offering information on their question posted above. You would also agree, I'm sure, that all the mfgrs. and dealers are offering deals to move vehicles.

I am glad you like your car, but maybe "ambercrombe" hadn't considered other alternatives and I was just trying to help.
    I too was looking at the acura 2009 MDX.

oddly enough though, the stereo system ( top model ) was so terrible I didnt pull the trigger on the vehicle. yes stereo is very important to me and for a 40 thousand dollar vehicle the equipment was horrible horrible horrible on sattelite as well as radio.

Still seemed overpriced for the quality of the dashboard and little plastic dashboard stuff.

Back seats where way uncomfortable and didnt seem to provide the same adjustments that the Murano does.

Also harder to find an Acura dealer willing to "negotiate" a lower price as much as many Nissan dealers do.

uyou cant compare sticker price to sticker price. Nissan will "let go" of inventory alot easier than Acura.

A 40 thousand dollar acura is a 40 thousand doallr acura minus some trivial rebates occasionally. Nissan can go 3000-5000 below invoice on alot of models.
    murano gets heated rear seats/ mdx doesnt.. cool feature if you have more than 2 people
    The Murano has a nice dashboard interface. Like I said I had a lot of trouble with the Bose CD changer; but, you are right the sound fidelity was high quality.

Acura should use Bose systems in lieu of their standard.
  • darkwarriordarkwarrior Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Nice forum. This is my first post.

I've test driven RAV4, CRV, Ford Escape and Murano LE AWD, Subaru Forester. Murano just beats everyone in this category. The first car I drove was a LE AWD - and I couldn't help but use that as a benchmark when I drove the others. In my opinion, nothing comes close to a Murano experience.

The lowest quote I have till now is 34000 + ttl. What's a realistic out the door price for Virginia ? I'm actually aiming for 34K. Is that possible ? I also noticed that dealerships have many Muranos on their lots. The don't seem to be selling. I can't figure out why.

I've spent a month researching SUV/crossovers. It's getting a little tiring now. I would have bought one but $650 a month feels heavy. Now I wish I hadn't driven a Murano the first place ! For anyone who's looking to buy one - here are some things I observed :
    1. Unless you drive the car, you'll never know what suits you
    2. Many online reviews aren't that accurate.
    3. Stickers are marked up high.
    4. Check out truecar.com / overstock.com to get realistic numbers. But use these as trump cards in the negotiation process...bring them up only in the end !
    5. Meet as many dealerships as possible - each have different incentives.
    6. Comparison parameters break down when you look closely - eg RAV V6 Ltd are not pleasing, and you end up comparing that with CRV EXL which is greatly underpowered. This is where things get fuzzy.
    7. Just because you have a powerful engine, doesn't mean its priced higher. eg RAV4 Ltd is actually cheaper than CRV.
    8 CVT transmission matter a lot ! It's awsome and totally worth the money. Escape Hybrid and Murano have it.
    9. If you're looking to keep price low, not worried about interiors, and get a great car, Forester might be a great option. It's large sun roof is very attractive and is on the whole, a smart looking CUV.
    10. Manufacturers are pricing their cars on simple and cheap technologies like USB, bluetooth, etc. Its ridiculous. More so if you consider that these have existed for many years now.
    edited March 2010
    Hi darkWarrior.
    I think you will find owners of Muranos in this little section of the internet as well as potential owners! tells you alot about the car when owners come back in to guide and help future murano owners.

If you can get below invoice on any murano you are getting a great deal in my opinion. Even if you pay sticker price minus a little BS 500 dollar rebate you still walk away with a Great vehicle! there is no price to high for satisfaction!

The Murano is crafted so thouightfully and with some nice feeling materials compared to some competitors.

You sit in this vehicle and you are instantly at home.

The Murano however is cut and dry above the examples you give. Im not sure the RAV 4 or CRV is even in the same category. If it is then the competition is way outclassed. I sat in a few Rav4 at a few dealers and they all where horrible IMO only. The CRV is uber uncomfortable ( I presently have an Element. ( mistake) )..

Keep in mind you can get way below Invoice on the vehicle. 2-3000 below invoive is obtainable.

I suggest not even going into any dealers to make a deal. Sit in the vehicle a few times, test drive it if possible, then decide which model you would like and send emails to every internet manager you can in your area. tell them what your willing to pay. If they accept great, your in, if they decline, you havent wasted your time going to the dealership to try to make a deal. Most salesman are not looking to give you any "deals". Grab A murano below invoice! you wont be sorry.

Look at posts 2662 and 2663 on page 134. Typical deals you can get. reach out to the guy in 2663 he will give you a contact who is in the position to make the deal quickly and not give you the runaround.

Good Luck!
  • whitestar16whitestar16 Member Posts: 53
    Hi Mike,

I hope you will stay on the thread. Your information is valuable, and the 2009 Murano's show some serious early problems, which is concerning. I bought a 2010 yesterday despite knowing about them. I think its a totally cool vehicle. The main problem the 09s are having is with head gaskets and coolant leaks. The major part of this to me is not the occurrence of the problem but the fact that the engine has to be removed for the fix, and big American hands are not the same as factory trained do it every day small ones and robotic arms. That's the real problem. My salesperson, upon direct questioning, knew about the problem. But is he gonna do? He didn't design and build the car. Its a fun second vehicle to me and I doubt I'll put a lot of miles on it. Anyway, I hope you won't let folks chase you away.
    No I intend to stick around until Nissan steps up and faces the music.

I am very wary of all Nissan products. Many of the auto makers are putting products out on the market that are "politically correct" but not well engineered and tested. They are also not proving to be very robust.

I think you see this with several mfgrs. because they are implementing a lot component systems of hybrid/green energy cars into their broad product lines. Some of these systems just don't fit the application.

Besides, climate change is a big farce.

Drive on.
    Mike, grow up. Writing on this blog will not get Nissan to change. All you are doing is showing the world how much of pain in the but you really are. This could be the reason why Nissan might have ignored you in the first place. This is all about buying experience not how I got screwed by nissan.So go post on the correct boards.
    edited March 2010
    Color: Glacier Pearl/ Beige Interior

MSRP --- 34,745
    Invoice --- 31,791
    Paid ---- $29,537 ( includes destination charge and assigning of $1250 rebate dollars over to dealer)

Options:

1. Leather
    2. Premium
    3. Dual Moonroof
    4. Carpeted Floor Mats and Cargo Mat
    5. Accessory Value Package
    6. Splash Guards
    7. Bumper Protector
    8. Bug Protector ( Black Plastic Shield across front of hood)

This was a good deal, but not a great one. After dealer hold back their cost was about 28,800 as a guess, but I believe in leaving meat on the bone too. Its the end of the year and just go straight to a manager and help him or her with end of year sales numbers and help yourself out to a bit of a deal as well. Mileage at time of purchase was 15 miles on the car. Manufacture date was 12/09. Car must have been sitting for 2 months. Saw the same at other dealership too.

This is Houston, Texas, land of a gazillion Nissan Dealers. After TTL and Document fee total OTD was $31,780.
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    whitestar.....

I am in Houston also and just got a quote for a SL.

Options:

1.Leather
    2.Dual Moonroof
    3.Tech
    4.Premium
    5.Bumper Prot
    6.Assy Pkg
    7.Mats
    8.Wheel locks and Nitrogen {{{ whatever that mean}}}

MSRP $362445
    Invoice$33132

My price $31882 after $1250 rebate

What do u think?

I think I will wait until March 31 to pull trigger.
    What was the manufacture date of your vehicle? I am curious. I also I'm not sure what the Nitrogen does, except that it may mean I can't mix it with regular air? I have no clue.
    Oh also, One thing that is VERY cool is that you can go on Nissan's website and check inventory of Murano SLs at any dealer. How many miles does the one you are mentioning have on it? That might be helpful to you on March 31st!! Good Luck!
    The nitrogen is a new way to separate you from your money. It is used in race car tires to minimize air loss during races. All the dealers and tire stores are touting it for all cars because the profit margin is better than anything except undercoating.
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    I do not know how many miles or mfg date. All info was given via email. I might go by the dealer and take a look at it.
    Jayrider this isn't correct, the nitrogen helps with airloss. I have owned 3 new nissans since 2006. I bought a new Versa and would be back at the dealership every 3 months to get the TMPS reset. Once the dealership placed nitrogen in my tires, the TMPS wouldn't light up. My Altima 2008 and Murano 2010 both have nitrogen and no problems. The Altima has 60K miles and not once has the TMPS lght come on.
    My 09 murano has plain air and no problems. How much do they charge you for the nitrogen? If it's complimentary that would be nice. To each his/her own. If it works for you it has value. Reviews I've read don't recommend it but what do they know. I like the versa but the trunk is a bit too deep and the seat doesn't fold flat. Too old to be lugging the golf bags out. Nice drivers seat and very roomy. They just need to change the trunk . May write Nissan and see if they will build one with my personal needs in mind. If they made the altima with a liftback like the crosstour I'd be all over that one.
    Ya. Do that if you are really interested in the car ( and the Murano should be thought of as a car). Then come on back and maybe we can shed some light on where things stand for u! :-)
  • vegasmuranovegasmurano Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2010
    I will try to help out if I can,I was the owner of 88 different cars since I was 18,I am now 42.I just bought my 3rd murano on friday.....

Had a used 2003 that I bought in 2004
    Bought a used 2009 S AWD last year with 18k on it.
    Traded the 2009 for a brand new 2010 SL AWD MSRP $32,500

Just as a little background I also sold cars for a short time and even have bought cars wholesale at manheim dealer auctions through my many contacts.I THINK I am on my 10th nissan so I can tell you alot.

Bottom line?They were desparate to sell cars this week at one of my local dealers...
    Got a check back from the dealer for my 2009 murano for nearly $20,000 (it was paid for)
    Financed the new car at 0% for 3 years....total price,tax,fees,everything OTD $27,740.I guess If I back out all the crap I ended up paying in the mid 26's?I did not do the math yet.

I hope this will help some,it was even below the best truecar.com price.But 2 other dealers I went to were minimum 3 to 4k higher .I also looked briefly at a 2010 CX-7 AWD and the car stickered for 4k less,but mazda's bottom line was actually $600 more in the end!Plus it was not as nice......

If I could help with any questions,I would love to.My 2009 served me well for the time I had it.The only issues I had was a broken cup holder door,and a broken power window motor,both fixed under warrantee.

Also,for the record the 2009 was driven in major snowstorms (2 feet or more) in the california mountains through steep dangerous roads and performed flawlessly.I really love the Vehicle.Having the low gear is a must for me which excluded most other SUV's.
    edited March 2010
    So 32,500 - 26, 500 = about $6,000 below MSRP. Mine was a little over $5200 below MSRP so folks can get a gauge on the deals for now until the end of the month ( at least). I didn't finance the car as an FYI, but IMMV. Financing at 0% will help a credit score out for sure if paid on schedule. Probably a good idea.

Just so everyone knows, financing is an income center for car dealers in general, depending on loan terms they have. Of course 0% doesn't leave much for them :-).
    If I did not take the zero %.It would have even knocked off another $500.....All my numbers are not exact,but pretty close.

It's well worth the purchase for any deal 4k or more off of MSRP,as long as there are no extra fees shoved in at the end.ALL dealers in Vegas charge a MINIMUM of $399 for doc fee,some as much as $599.Plus registation here is the highest in the country and is not included in the numbers since we have to go to DMV and do it ourselves here.

Just make sure you get an OTD price and then keep negotiating.Even when they give you a price you are willing to accept,hammer them for another 4 or 5 hundred or start to walk.

No matter what you pay,it's one of the best vehicles on the road today,so ultimately if you like the car...buy it.
  • crucialcrucial Member Posts: 35
    Since you are experienced with more than 88 vehicles, what'r your thoughts on buying new vs CPO less than 2 years vehicles? Any suggestion on a good discounted crossover/suv ? Thanks
    CPO is OK if you know will keep it a long time.From what i experienced,you are paying at least an extra $1,000 for a CPO (some cars alot more).On my '09 murano it was origially a CPO car,but I negotiated my best deal AND then told then I did not need it,So they knocked off another $1,000 and I just kept the factory warrantee.I don't keep cars long so it made sense for me.......

Right now An '09 CPO probably would not make sense,in the case of the murano it would probably be the same price for a new one.If you need to spend alot less an '08 might make sense depending on the brand.

My other car is a 2007 VW Passat CPO,I bought it with 45k miles so CPO made alot of sense in that situation.My girlfriend drives it and I did not want to worry about it,we already used the roadside assistance twice.The tires turned to crap shortly after purchase and the CPO did not cover it,I had to lay out $600 for new tires even with the warrantee.

Some others I liked were

Subaru Tribeca,and most other Subaru's are great cars...Harder to get deals because there are not alot around.Subaru's are top notch,had 5 of them.

Mazda CX-7 or CX-9 are ok if you like a car like drive,build quality seemed better on the nissan.If you don't mind the basic model,The CX-7 can be had new for the low 20's with 2 wheel drive.Never had one,so I could not tell you how great they are.

BMW X-3 I had was really nice,if you don't mind going in the 2006-2008 years to save some coin.Pretty firm BMW ride,I liked the one I had.A new one comes out soon,so the current ones should take a nice price hit soon.

I would stay away from Murano's before 2009,the CVT kinda sucks(I hated that tranny!) and the interior is not very impressive.

I would stay away from most american cars,absolutely avoid any crysler/jeep products.

Newer Hyundai's are ok,VW tiguan also...but the VW is pricey and The murano offers alot more.

Probably alot more I am forgetting,so let me know If I am missing some you like.

!
    Thanks for the quick response.
    We tested drive
    X3: small, expensive, even with leather interior still has a lot of vinyl and plastic.

Pilot: very roomy inside ( may be too large for my need) good ride, again with leather there are still lot of plastic all around, good discount on 2010 models.

CRV EX: noticeable road and wind noise,don't like interior plastic/fabric, don't like the way 2nd row fold (not flat floor,lot of hooks and uneven indentations)

Highlander & RAV4 & Venza: ex-contender due to the whole recall things.

Now I'm back in square one. Thus,we're now considering Murano, Terrain and SRX, even Huyndai CUV... :confuse:
    edited March 2010
    Pilot...I had a 2007 AWD EX,had electrical problems that Honda would not acknowledge,got stranded 3 times in the desert heat.New body since,which looks ok,but I like the old body better.It was a little big for me as well.Drove really smooth....Loved it till it started giving me problems,would still buy another honda.

All toyota's...just too vanilla,nothing that sparks my interest.In the old days I had four runners and land cruisers which were fun,now they are just family vans.

CRV...I just think it's a car really...Nothing much "SUV" about it.

Terrain looks kind of interesting,but it's not cheap and the dash is hideous looking IMO.Good gas milage......

Caddy SRX.....I drove a 2007 (I think) while I was having a car worked on for 2 days.I don't know about the new ones,but the 07 was a total piece of crap,fit and finish was just horrible.Especially on the interior.

The new hyundai is nice,but only available in a 4 cyl engine......They have a turbo coming out next year.

There are plenty of nice "luxury" crossovers,but way more value in a new murano I think.I would not pay 40k for ANY vehicle no matter what the nameplate is.I still cannot find any better value than what I just purchased,at least based on the deals out there at the moment.
    It's good to find some knowledge here. Anything i should know about CVT for Murano 09-10? Thanks for the input.
    edited March 2010
    The only "negative" about it is that when you shift into gear it takes a few seconds to engage.Sometimes if I am in a rush it can be a slight annoyance....

My 2009 and 2010 are the same and it is normal.The new CVT is no comparison to the older muranos where the CVT was downright annoying.You can't even feel the new CVT changing gears,or at least I have not noticed it.

The new CVT is seamless,smooth and refined in every respect.The low gear and the ability to turn off the overdrive is a great help in the mountains and in snow.Probably one of the best automatic transmissions I have had in any car.

My 2010 only has 35 miles on it so I will let you know of any changes,But with driving my 2009 over 10k miles I know the car pretty well I guess.