Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• smokerisersmokeriser Member Posts: 14
    The MSRP was 34882.00 There were no other charges. The dealer i used was Warnock.
  • crewscocrewsco Member Posts: 3
    Purchased Murano SL with all options but entertainment and navigation for $27,800 from CarMax in White Marsh, MD. That is $330.00 under invoice, almost $3100.00 under MSRP
  • vickik1vickik1 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone out there recently bought a Murano in the Seatle area?

I am pretty sure this is the vehicle I want and am trying to decide a competitive bottom line price that would keep me negotiting with a dealer.
    Am looking at SE AWD - cold pkg., popular pkg, guards, cargo/floor mats - NO NAV.(unless I could get a great deal).

Comments / suggestions?
  • dodoc2003dodoc2003 Member Posts: 20
    SL AWD
    Premium Package
    Leather Package
    Cold Package
    Dynamic Control Package
    Sunroof
    Floor Mats
    Mud Guards

MSRP $35,562
    INVOICE $32451
    PRICE PAID $32051 ($400 below invoice)

Basically, checked out the stock of various dealerships in the area for a month. Realized very few vehicles were moving. Contacted the internet manager/salesperson, told him/her that I wanted to pay $X amount and if they agreed, I would be there right away to purchase the vehicle. Then called another dealership to see if they would beat the previous price. You get the idea. After tax, title, and doc fees (I actually ended up paying $32141 before all other fees because the dealership had already added a sunroof deflector, wheel locks, and VIN etching with theft insurance), I still paid more than $500 less than MSRP.
  • yishinyishin Member Posts: 6
    dodoc2003:

Your deal is pretty good...

Don't quite understand what do you mean you paid more than $500 less than MSRP.

Based on the MSRP $35562, should the TRUE invoice price be $31984? (http://www.digitalcars.com)

Sometimes dealers add $300~$600 to their invoice and tell customers that is their invoice price. I was misleaded by my dealer and ended up paying extra $300 more on my false "$300 over invoice" deal. As far as I know, there is a 3% dealer hold back based on invoice on this car. This should give more flexibility to bring the selling price down.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A major daily newspaper is looking to interview folks who purchased a car for over sticker price since the beginning of this year. If you have a story to share, please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information by May 28, 2003.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dodoc2003dodoc2003 Member Posts: 20
    I guess it depends on what the true invoice price is. KBB and Digital Cars has it at $31984 whereas Edmunds has it at $32451. Don't know why the huge difference. All I said was that I would pay $400 below invoice which at the dealership corresponded to $32041. Either way, still a good deal. What my point was that my total cost of the vehicle after all taxes and fees was still less than MSRP.
  • socal999socal999 Member Posts: 1
    What is the best deal I can expect on a Murano in the So. California area? I'm looking for a FWD SL with leather and sunroof. Any info on aggressive dealerships would be appreciated.
  • adarwisadarwis Member Posts: 1
    anybody in seattle area ?
    Im looking for Murano Deal here.
    how much you pay for this car.

I like the NAV but still can't decide AWD/FWD, any suggestion ?
  • ilovecars2ilovecars2 Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone explain the $467 difference between Edmunds and the other pricing sites on the 2003 Murano SL AWD? If Edmunds pricing is in error, I just "gave away" almost $500 including tax, to the dealer.
  • shmangshmang Member Posts: 297
    I think the price you get is pretty good - consider it is SL model with AWD and traction control - which is only available when you order premium and leather package. So, that is a fully loaded AWD SL. I think the price is very good. I would jump on it. Well, you might try to push for some small items and try your luck - I would not be surprised if they refuse it.
  • shmangshmang Member Posts: 297
    By the way, I am also in the same area as you are, bigrabbit and has been shopping in Bankston Nissan before, their price normally is very competitive.
  • ashrayashray Member Posts: 1
    i live in hollywood ca , planing to buy a nissan murano the best price i have got till now is
    30265,+TTL THE MODEL SE FWD WITH ONLY POPULAR PACAKAGE. PLEASE PLEASE, CAN ANYONE CAN TELL ME IS THIS THE RIGHT PRICE I AM PAYING .THIS IS MY FIRST THAT I AM BYUING SO PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP
     THANX A LOT
  • u1deryu1dery Member Posts: 7
    Two weeks ago I bought my 2003 SL AWD Black with camel leather interior. I paid 30,500 for it in Nashua, NH. I went to two other dealers before this one, none of whom I've ever purchased from. This week is the first time I've spent time driving it and learning the dashboard gagits! I do like the vehicle so far,however, my other SUV was a Pathfinder. I am comparing this to it and hope it lasts as long and holds up the same. My 94 is still great but tired. I drive over 600 miles a week to & from work, this was a factor in my choice of the Murano vs the Pathfinder. I do not need a 4X4, no more in the woods or towing things so I am curious as to how AWD will be in our harsh winters on the East Coast! I do have a couple of things that I've already written to the VP & GM of No American about. I got the form letter in the mail to fill out about my experiences with Nissan and decided to let him know. I will certainly let you know how this turns out especially after reading about so many who have experienced problems that no one wants to acknowledge (dealers). My other vehicle that I drive is a Lexus SC400 and now it can rest a little! I did not take the 300 SUV out for a test drive before my decision on the Murano. There seems to be varied opinions about them, has anyone compared the BMW X5 to the Murano? I am taking one out this week end just to see for myself. I do hope I've done the right thing, first year out etc. Time will tell as they say. I have spent time reading all of the comments made in the categories I feel somewhat OK with my decision and then again. I do want to know more about the xpel versus liquidglass, all my driving is highway and those trucks throw the rocks. In fact 4th day on the road for the car, and an 18 wheeler's tire came off, I was in his line and it hit the windshield and would you believe I got a hole? Had that repaired yesterday with the new technology of plexi, anyway it looks good and I can barely see the spot. I didn't want the car torn apart yet to replace the glass, with all my driving it is bound to happen again. The Pathfinder had two windshields replaced in almost 4 years. So far the Lexus has managed to avoid this, thank heavens. Well everyone thanks and I will continue to visit this site.
  • lmp180psulmp180psu Member Posts: 399
    A tire off an 18 wheeler hit your windshield and you only had a small hole in it? Good thing you didn't crash.

Unless you meant a rock hit the windshield, sorry if you think I was being a smarta$$, I wasn't :)

Enjoy your Murano!
  • gmyortgmyort Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a Black Nissan Murano SL with the Sunroof, Bose Audio, adjustable pedals, rails, etc. MSRP $31414, Invoice $28683. I paid $28883 ($300 over invoice).

Dealer is Bob Moore Nissan in Norman Oklahoma. I went through their internet sales. The called me on the phone, I told them I wanted to pay invoice and they came back to me with $300 over invoice. I purchased it.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    On the new (black) Murano!

May I recommend a California Duster? - enjoy the ride!

Steve, Host
  • lfanlfan Member Posts: 61
    I live in Northern Virgina and I just purchased a SL 2WD with the Premium pkg, floor mats, cover, and splash guards.

MSRP with Freight: $30,485
    Invoice: $27,958
    Price paid: $27,840

It took a while to get it to this price but it was worth every penny. Ultimately, they also threw in a bunch of dealer installed stuff like stripes, door guard, wheel locks for free. Also I got free IOU's for detailing jobs which I will certainly take advantage of once the interior and exterior gets really dirty.
  • ehyleeehylee Member Posts: 3
    I live in San Francisco and just picked up my midnight blue Murano SE AWD, preferred (charcoal), dynamic control, floor mats, wind deflector, splash guards from Berkeley, CA.

MSRP with freight: $35634
    Invoice: $32544
    Paid: $31354 ($1190 under invoice)

I think I got a great price, on the exact model I wanted. Took a while to prep the car, but the transaction took around 10 minutes to sign the papers and hand over the keys. Completely painless. This internet manager route is the way to go.
  • xixisisixixisisi Member Posts: 17
    Look at Nissan's canada website,
    http://www.nissan.ca/en/vehicles/murano/specifications.html#fuele- conomy

I never get that MPG: 24 city, 32 highway. The real number I got is around 16 in city. Is there a problem with my Murano? Need bring back to dealer to get it fixed?
  • ehyleeehylee Member Posts: 3
    In Canada, its the Imperial Gallon, which is equal to 4 imperial quarts, which themselves are approximatly 1.2 US quarts. That explains the strangely high MPG readings in the Nissan Canada website.
  • maksimus39maksimus39 Member Posts: 1
    I just talked to the dealer ,he wants $31247for Sl AWD w sunroof,premium package,splash guards,mats,cargo protector,tow hitch,3M bra on the front and mirrors,rear bumper protector.He gives me a lifetime oil change for this car.
    It this a good price in your opinion,please let me know.Thank you.
  • rainbowfarmrainbowfarm Member Posts: 59
    Does anyone know the ground clearance of Murano? I don't see it in the brochure, or here, or Nissan site.

maksimus39: it seems that something like 90% of list (MSRP) can be paid.

I'll post the ground clearance question in the "main" topic, too.

Steve, Host
  • curlscurls Member Posts: 7
    too much!?!

Used Edmunds pricing for a 2wd SL with these options:
    P01 Premium Package
    X04 Leather Package
    J01 Sunroof
    M95 Splash Guards (set of 4)
    L92 Carpeted Floor Mats
    N93 Cargo Area Protector
    S92 Sunroof Wind Deflector

I incorrectly added roof rails (they are included in the premium pkg so it should not have been an option to add but was).
    It gave me
    MSRP $33,021 Inv $30,127 TMV $31,371
    ...Thinking anything less than TMV was a good deal, I settled at $30845.

Now I understand
    MSRP $32,852 Inv $29,996 TMV $31,225 so I still paid under TMV but over Inv ~$850

Doing further research, I find that invoice is actually $29,555 (KBB)meaning I paid $1290 over invoice! :o{ Where is Edmunds coming up with invoice? My only caveat is they gave me $1100 over KBB for my trade in. So I guess I could claim I only paid $190 over invoice...

I loved my Murano for almost a solid week...then it was t-boned on the passenger's side by a vehicle going 45mph and rolled to the driver's side, ending up on its roof, all four tires in the air. It has been totaled...so I'm back in the market. Maybe I can do better this time...
    Usually we're spot on with Kelley on invoice prices.

I'm curious - did your air bag(s) go over when you got T-boned?

Glad you're alive to talk about it!

Steve, Host
    Yes, both side curtains deployed on the passenger's side on initial impact. They did not deploy on the driver's side from the impact of the rollover. That impact was much less severe. While the driver's side sustained damage, most of it was deep scraping.

Once it ended up on the roof, the front slammed forward (weight of the engine? plus a slight incline) and crumpled the hood, front of the roof and shattered the windshield, but did not break the sunroof. I got out through the driver's side window. It also broke in the rollover.

I don't believe the vehicle rolled entirely due to initial impact. The rear end swung toward the driver's side and the driver side rear tire hit an island, bending that tire inward. I think the combination of initial impact and rear hitting the island caused the rollover.

Glad to be alive! :oD
    I'm having trouble this week in another discussion trying to understand why passenger side air bags go off without triggering the ones on the driver's side :-)

Any chance you can link to a pic of your wreck anywhere? Be curious to see the roof crush etc. visually.

You have a lot to celebrate today!

Steve, Host
  • kcimatokcimato Member Posts: 12
    I live in VA and just bought my Murano at Car Max in White Marsh MD just north of Baltimore. I bought the SL AWD with
    premium pkg
    leather pkg
    sunroof
    heated seats
    cargo protector
    splash guards
    sun roof deflector
    The price I paid was 31,558 including destination charge. I was not charged a processing fee since iI purchased on 6/30 July 1 the fee was $99 still lower than VA dealers. I got an e loan for 3.99% Mike L and Allen were my consultants . All in all it was a very pleasent experience. I love my Murano~!
    Hi, kmimato:

In Canada, we cannot get an SL with leather. The packages are very different. In terms of % from MSRP, or $ less than MSRP, do you know how much "less" you paid than the sticker price?

Thanks!
  • muranolovermuranolover Member Posts: 2
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for all your good insight regarding owning and shopping for a Murano.

I just picked up mine, and here was my deal (purchased on the East Coast):

Murano SL AWD
    Leather Pkg
    Cold Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Sunroof
    Cargo Protector
    Floor Mats
    Mud Guards

Prices shown include Destination Charge. I did not include sales tax, no license fee, no other dealer fees.

MSRP: $34,882
    Invoice: $31,854

Price Paid: $30,955

Essentially, I got the SUV for Invoice, minus the dealer holdback.

Lots of price variations between dealers, but shopping hard pays off. Your milage may vary, depending on dealer inventory, option packages, etc. Love driving it!!!
    Because the "packages" are so different in Canada, the only pricing I can relate to is MSRP vs paid vs invoice. I really appreciate your contribution. I'm trying to get $3,500 CAD off of MSRP. I'll start the fax blast once I'm 100% decided (I'm only 99.8% decided right now, and my PF lease isn't up yet).

I just met yet another happy Murano owner (same dealer as I go to), and she says they gave her one for the weekend to try it out. I'll be calling them at 9:00 am to ask for a 24-hour test drive (closed on Sunday means a weekend test drive).

Yippee!!!
    parked beside me today. A couple around 60 years old. Bought it in January when their 10-year-old Pathfinder with 350,000 km (about 200,000 miles) on it rusted away.

They were in a panic to buy, and Murano was fresh out, but still got about $500 US off MSRP.

They love it and have had no problems with it. They took a trip (9,000 miles) and loved every minute of it. Easier to park than PF, they say.

It has a kind of orange interior in cloth. It's an SL, pewter.
    the msrp on the Murano was 34,882 or something close to that. I don't have the sticker. I paid
    31,558 If you go to the Carmax website click on Nissan then choose Murano you can click on each car and it will give you the options MSRP and their price. Most times floor mats, cargo mats and slash guards are not listed but are indeed on the car.
    http://www.geocities.com/muranocrash

(ref messages 94 & 95)

Where's the other discussion? I think the side curtains on the driver's side should have deployed. Luckily I did not hit the driver window, but did get a bump on the forehead from roof crush(?)

finished celebrating, very thankful for my seatbelt, but still shopping...
    yep, that's over $3,000 US off of MSRP. I'm gearing up for the fax blast, as I want at least $3,000 CAD off list on a $39,500 SL.

If I find a dealer who'll sell it for $36k or less, that will cinch it for me.
    The other rollover wreck discussion is in Jeep Grand Cherokee:

maybe501s "Jeep Grand Cherokee problems" Jul 3, 2003 12:19am

Steve, Host
    Good luck in your search for a good price on the Murano. I wanted the midnight blue at first and we had it all set and in the computer for me to buy, and a t the last minute I switched to black- very classy. Had a black minivan once and said I'd never have black again but this looks great
    Black is gorgeous on the Murano... esp. if you wanna spend every Saturday washing and waxing. With that stone chip stuff, I might consider black.

I've requested, by FaxBlast, luminous gold. If I can't get that for any reason, I'll consider silver or black (I would prefer the black interior). My PF, which I absolutely wanted in gold (blue was 2nd choice), has that cafe latte interior. I've survived it for 3 years, I can do it again. Not too many gold MOs on the road (relative to other colours).

Ten faxes went out last night, a la Edmunds fax blast. I already have one lease agent whose price is better than the dealer's first offer, and that took 10 minutes.

The dealer is jerking around. This is my 2nd vehicle from them, and I told him not to jerk me around. "Start with your best price, or you just may lose a customer."

I'm not going to do too much back and forth before I just take the best price and be done with it.
    Well, on a lead from someone here, I tried Aada Leasing in Ottawa. They can't lease outside of Ontario, and I'm outside of Ontario. Oh, well.

$1,300. off of MSRP of $39,500 is the best any lease person has come up with yet, and that's only if I accept delivery of some colour they have in stock. Believe it or not, the dealer they use has the colour I want (sitting in their yard). It's labelled as black, but that doesn't change the fact that it's gold. The inventory tag, and so probably also the computer, says it's black.

They think they don't have a gold one in inventory, and day after day I drive past it on the way to work.

Such fun. Anyway, I want more of a discount than that, so why bother to tell them.

First dealer quote is in... $1,300 off MSRP, with a $300 ADMIN fee.
    Keep us posted on the blast fax. I'm geared up to start my own. The dealer I bought the first Murano from offered me the same price as the first. I said no way! Repeat customer in less than a month... gee...I expect much better. He's come back with 500 over invoice, and my second color option. But I think I can get better.

I researched a bit for locations that I would willingly drive to for a good price. Then used the Nissan site to check their inventory. I'm going to b/fax the least favorable (low inventory or most distant) first and see what the response is.

I've located about 50 of the exact options/color that I want well within driving distance so I'm pretty optimistic. :o)

btw
    Love the black, but I don't want to wash twice a week. There's a blue one here, but it looks almost black. I haven't seen the bordeaux anywhere, it might be nice. The copper, is unique, but I think it might look dated fast. Love the gold, but I live in redneck country...:oP So, I'm back to silver or white. I want the cafe' latte interior, but it's harder to find in the silver.
    Just like the Edmunds guy, I made some mistakes in my first fax. One guy I called, to confirm that he rec'd the fax, said he didn't understand one part and was going to ignore it. After we talked, he e-mailed the quote (MSRP - $1,300., and like you said, not enough discount).

What is wrong with gold in redneck country? Around here, 50% of the cars on the road are some kind of silver, and 30% are some kind of gold/beige/sand/ivory/cream/blah, blah.

The blue is gorgeous! Yep, nearly black, my favourite kind of blue. Copper: yep, I'd be tired of it in about 2 weeks.

That plum/burgundy colour is awful. I hope they replace it with something else.

I am waiting for the June sales figures (to confirm what I suspect, declining sales), and the "dog days of summer" pricing. It seems that finding a dealer who has the colour/options you want, on hand, is the best way to get a deal.

It might be different around here (than in US). I suspect that you could walk into a dealer here and say, "I'll give you this much for a Murano" and walk if they say no, and end up getting your price, sooner than you could get any of them to commit in writing to a deal. I think they're paranoid that someone else will see it in writing.

I'll let you know about that as it unfolds. For the fax, keep it very simple. It seems that a follow-up or advance phone call lubricates the whole thing.

There must be 50 dealers within a few hundred miles of here, so I can do quite a few rounds.
    What's to survive? My previous 2 vehicles had light gray. My Murano had dark gray I liked both colo(u)rs just fine (except the dark gray/charcoal carpet shows a lot of lint etc.)

It's HOT here, so I was thinking the cafe latte might be cooler. What are the drawbacks?

Thanks!!!

btw
    rednecks stereotype people...not that I'M doing that or anything... ;o)
    The thing with cafe latte is that it's beige/cream, and I can't keep anything clean that is anywhere near white. If I wear white pants, they will be irrepairably dirty on the first day.

I prefer light gray to sand/beige/cream (personal preference).

I like the cafe latte color. Black is safer with me around.

So, the thing I don't get is the stereotype that goes with gold... do "less than men" drive gold cars? Do snobs drive gold cars? I realize it's a stereotype; I'm just curious about what the (erroneous) association is.

A really nice gold car here is almost a status symbol.
  • dweiserdweiser Member Posts: 288
    When I moved south (NC) from upstate New York I had a black Honda CRX Si. I thought I'd die from the heat, sodas would explode inside that car!
    Never had a white car before but have had the white Murano with Cafe Latte interior since Feb. 1st and like it very much but to each his own.
    Many miles between washings!
    Blue is my fav color but NOT on a car for some reason.
    I think, never own a dark color car or get dark color interior down south.
  • bspzbspz Member Posts: 35
    If you like the gold and silver, compromise on the Polished Pewter with Latte leather. That color looks great in the sun with the metallic in it and takes a lot to look dirty.
  • rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 5
    Curls,
    I was going to get Gold/Latte but the dealer could not find one with Navi/Cold pkg (either SL or SE). I then switched to Pewter/Latte and he was able to locate a SE for me. I have had it about 3 weeks and love the color. It really shines and does not show dirt at all (especially after 3 coats of Zaino!). The latte interior has also been good here in MD with our 90 degree temps the last few weeks.

Keeping with the topic of this thread, I paid $300 over invoice (which was higher than KBB since it now included a Nissan advertising charge). I consider it a very good price for a car he had to spend a week looking for - he ended up trading a 2004 Maxima to get it for me.

I did not get charged any add on fees or have to deal with any hassle from F&I so I really liked my purchase experience.

I really enjoy the Murano (although it is my wife's car) and I hope to keep enjoying it.

Bob
  • kevwilkevwil Member Posts: 5
    I vote for the Pewter/Latte also....I love mine. It takes a lot to make it look dirty.

I think the Gold looks kinda weird....it just doesn't "fit" the car.
    Paid just about $100 under invoice for a loaded 2WD SE (without NAV). Be sure to check CarMax....even if you don't have one in your area. There is a Nissan/CarmMax in Greenville, SC that is selling them just under invoice. Bring that into any Nissan dealer in the South, and I;'m sure they'll match it. it worked for me.
    Without applying a 2nd round of pressure, $1,800 off of MSRP on an SL with no options is the best I've found to date.

That's in the Ottawa - Montreal area.

The cost of dealer paperwork (admin. fee) varies from $150 to $289. CAD.
  • andytruckandytruck Member Posts: 7
    Comments about using Carmax to negotiate are good, but there isn't one on the west coast. Anybody know of similar services? I have been offered $500 above invoice for being a member of Costco. Not sure if that is a good deal or not on a white SL?

Also - anybody have opions on cloth vs. leather?