Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota T100 Owner's Hangout

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Own one? Want one? Just want to talk about your T100?? Here's the place!

The Subaru Crew meets every Thursday at 6PM PT/9PM ET... stop by and join us to talk Subaru or anything else automotive that might come up! Hope to see you there tonight!

/direct/view/.eea5f48

PF Flyer
Host
Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

Comments

• 1badsidekick1badsidekick Member Posts: 135
    Thank you! This will be great. I'll post more info later when I have more time!
  • mpurpmpurp Member Posts: 16
    I have been looking in to buying a 1995 to 97 T100 Ext cab SR5 V6, but the ones in my area all have over 100,000 miles and are selling for around $9,000. Does this sound like a high price? The trucks that I have looked at seems to be in great shape and am told that they were well maintained. But the high miles scare me.

Thanks
    Mark
    In the words of a friend of mine who swears by Toyotas and Hondas: "Thats just getting broken in!" If my dad was selling his, I'd say get it, its a '95 SR5 Ext Cab 5 speed 4x4, loves it to death. Of all the cars we have, it is what sits in the garage, of course, it gets driven the least. Its 8 years old and has 35k miles on it. So far, the only thing that has been replaced is a tail light bulb. Of course, considering the milage, he hasn't really driven it enough to have problems. Nearly all the T100s made with the 3.4 liter V6 (and maybe even the 4 cylinder too) have had a Head Gasket Recall, so be sure to check that out. If it hasn't had that done, Toyota will do it for free. Honestly, my dad hasn't had it done yet, because he's afraid of someone tinkering with the engine. So far, no problems. I would highly recommend the T100, it drives good, has really good acceleration, and gets good milage. Of course, with all vehicles 6-8 years old, they're going to have a lot of milage on them. If you're seriously interested, get a local dealer to search for the exact thing you want, and have them bring it in. Good luck with your purchase, you won't go wrong, they are tough and dependable. Keep us posted.
    Thanks for the info., I was also looking at the dimentions of the T-100, It is very close to the same size of the Tundra's :). Tundra's are way over my budget so enough about them. Did Toyota ever say what was causing the head gasket problems? I am going to test drive a '97 T100 Ext cab V6 on Tuesday and I will ask the owner if he had it in for the recall since the truck has 125,000 "freeway" miles on it.

Mark
    Yes, they are pretty close in dimensions, but the Tundra is a bit longer. And yes, they are a bit expensive, as are all toyotas. I was once told what Toyota Stood for
    Too
    Often
    Yankee
    Overprice
    This
    Auto
    and its true! However, given their great reliability, I can see justifying the money for one. I never was told what the deal was with the head gasket, so I'm not sure on that one. Also, if that guy has "freeway" miles on his T100, my guess is he didn't use it much for hauling and towing. You might ask him though. Good luck!
  • budcoxbudcox Member Posts: 1
    Is there any word about new mini-pu coming out in the next few years?
    I haven't heard anything about that. Could you be more specific?
  • tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    I used to own 94 T-100 4 cylinder, sold it to neighbor. I bought it new. I still get to drive it. Now has 123,000 miles. It had 86,500 when I sold it. I have had two tundras since.
    Its hauled more wood than you can imagine. Currently still hauls stuff and tows a boat.

Also have friend who currently has 97 4X4 V6 SR5 with 75000 miles.

Great trucks!
  • jrcarpjrcarp Member Posts: 1
    I have a 95 T-100 SR5 4X4 with 164400+ miles.
    Truck has been awesome! First 100K or so were mostly highway, the rest have been a combination of both. In August I drove it to Atlanta and back in a weekend, I have no problem taking this vehicle on a long drive. I have really only had 3 problems with the vehicle not including one (I think ) caused by the dealer. My intermittent wipers stopped working- had to replace the wiper switch in the steering column the local repair shop charged $200, this is half the price of what the dealer wanted to charge. Was having problems shifting, thought it was the clutch finally gone after 140K but it turned out that the clutch master cylinder on the engine side of the firewall had pulled away from the firewall and the clutch was not disengaging completely (make sure you look for this if you buy a 5 speed), dealer charged $750 for that one. Last problem was shoes went in the starter motor, for $50 bucks my local guy fixed this one, the dealer wanted something like 400 to 600 for a new starter.
    Glad that you're enjoying your T100! They are indeed great trucks. My dad's is the same as yours, '95 SR5 4x4 Ext Cab. Before he got it new in '95, he had a '92 Dakota LE 4x4 Ext cab with the 318 V8, only had it 2 1/2 years and 17k, traded it in on his T100, which has thus been flawless. One major reason, perhaps, is that it sits in the garage, and currently only has 35k miles. Dad uses it as a winter vehicle, and to haul stuff around, so it doesn't get used often. When he got it, he had saw the commercials, and had heard a lot about it, but had never really seen one. One saturday we took off to the nearest Toyota dealer (45 mins away) and cruised their lot for several hours, before finally finding the only one they had. It was being driven at that time by one of the salesmen. Took for the test drive, and boom, went home with it a short while afterwards. I thought the sticker was quite high on it, considering dad had gotten that Dakota for around 16 thou, the sticker on this toyota, which more or less, had LESS equipment on it than the Dodge, was 25 thou. Nonetheless, dad was happy, and still is. He's contemplated getting a Tundra, but he said this one ought to last him a long while. One problem he constantly has is that it won't start after sitting for about 2 weeks. Don't know if something is draining power or not, but its not that big of a deal. He commented the other day about how it is 8 years old, and still has the original tires on it. How many times have you replaced your tires? Which ones did you like best? I think he's going to be considering a new set soon. The one thing he hates about the ones that are on it now is the fact that in slushy winter driving, it pulls to the side, and if you're not careful, will jerk the wheel out of your hands. Any suggestions?
    I had to pass up one T-100 truck I went to look at. The guy did not take care of it at all. The front bumper was smashed in, dent on the side cab, no spare tire, tail gate busted, front seat torn, several interior knobs missing, and no maintance records could be obtained. Funny that this guy advertised the truck in "great condition"
    Oh well, still looking.......
    sounds like that guy really did a number on that truck! That's definitely false advertising. You'd think, if you're going to pay many thousands of dollars for something, you'd try to take care of it.
This discussion has been closed.