Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330

Comments

• LanceL99LanceL99 Member Posts: 39
    Thanks for your help!

Is the body style changing with the RX350??
  • nrosennrosen Member Posts: 2
    I have tried the suggestion on the LS430 site and it doesn't work on my '04 RX 33o. Any other suggestions
  • tomtomtomtomtomtom Member Posts: 491
    Same here...tried it and the button mentioned in the message wasn't there in the RX330.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    Try this:

Press the MENU button, then press the DVD button (however the car must be stopped before the DVD button is available). Touch the TOP LEFT of the screen, then the BOTTOM LEFT of the screen, then the TOP LEFT again, then the BOTTOM LEFT again, then finally touch the BOTTOM RIGHT of the screen. It will bring up the SYSTEM MENU. Press and hold the OVERRIDE button for about 3 seconds until it turns green, then hit BACK. If you do this while moving, you won't be able to edit until you stop the first time. If you are stopped when you do this, then you can continue to edit while moving.

You MUST do this everytime you start your car.
  • rich18944rich18944 Member Posts: 14
    I have a 2005 RX 330 and it works for me. There is not a button or icon in the lower left corner of the volume screen, but you just have to push in the area. I sometimes have to hold my finger on the "override" button (when I get to this screen) for a while to get it to work.

I have never tried the procedure with the DVD screen, but the proceedure with the volume screen works well while in motion. You do have to redo it every time you start the vehicle.
  • tsmith167tsmith167 Member Posts: 2
    Is there a satelite button on the rx330 navigation system. When I buy, I would like to add Sirius satelite and would like to integrate with the navigation screen.
  • neonmargneonmarg Member Posts: 2
    I think is on some models, but not the RX. I am in process of buying an RX now and am exploring after market solutions. I want Sirius and a mini jack for iPod (don't care about radio ipod integration in terms of controls). My dream would be Sirius on dash and iPod in center console.

Looking for a good installer in LA if anyone has any recommendations.
  • mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    I am in the same situation as you....moving to a place that does not have a Lexus dealer but does have a Toyota dealer....talked to the service manager and he told me that they could service the vehicle but cannot do warranty work....have to take it to a Lexus dealer....
    The type of maintenance he said they can do is everything from oil changes to tune ups......he also told me that he has not had to refer allot of people to the Lexus dealer for warranty work....but does do allot of sked services on them....hope this helps.
  • jayramajayrama Member Posts: 1
    Because of so many on on board computers on late models, does it make sense to buy extended warranty beyond factory warranty for a lexus rx 330?
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    I'm not planning on it. I usually keep cars for up to 100k miles, and with proper maintenance I expect the car to be pretty trouble free until then. If it were a Mercedes, VW, etc I'd give an extended warranty more serious consideration (but then again the price of the extended warranty would be higher as well).
  • tneeftneef Member Posts: 1
    Been awhile since I read thru the messages but looking at trading in 01 rx300 for new 330 but hear talk of updated rx350 coming out in next few months as an 07 model. Anything current as to this information? Thanks.
  • iancariancar Member Posts: 31
    X3 is already score low on interior materials. I just wonder how many people are still going to buy 255hp X3 3.0i or heavier 2007 X5, when BMWs is going to be trumped by RAV4 and RX350 easily from red light.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Just how many SUV buyers do you think really care about being trumped, or not, at a red light? Of a lot more interest, at least to me, and I suspect the majority of buyers, is how adequate the AWD/4WD system is in handling adverse roadbed conditions.

X3 happens to have a absolutely stellar AWD system in comparison to the current RX models. I'm hoping the upcoming RX model adopts the new RAV4 AWD system.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
  • washingtonianwashingtonian Member Posts: 10
    Can you please advise name of the local business and whereabouts are you located?
    OeM costs for these clear bra is about $800.
    #3680 Reposted with phone number removed:

I'm just west of Minneapolis. The name of the local business is "Trim Doctor" in New Hope, MN. Looking at my receipts, I paid $139 + tax for the RX, and $175 + tax for my FX45. The FX included the rear bumper, which was not needed on the RX.
  • gotpsagotpsa Member Posts: 7
    One dealer told me that the RX330 would start arriving with Sirius in January, and another told me that it would be MY 07. Since it is not on the option list I would suspect 2007, but wanted to see if anyone knew if this would be a mid 2006 change?

Thanks,
    Ron
  • ameetmameetm Member Posts: 2
    Does one really need Lojack for a 2006 Rx330?
    "Does one really need Lojack for a 2006 Rx330?"

Unless you live in an area with an unusually high car theft problem, and often park in risky areas, and don't carry comprehensive insurance, the factory installed alarm system should be plenty adequate. I put Lojack in the same category as special paint protection, rust-proofing, pin striping, etc - things that dealers push hard to pad their profit.
  • nelsoncmnelsoncm Member Posts: 103
    You know, hauling your kidlet(s) around in? All I ever see is older people or grandparent types driving them here in So Cal. But I only have one kid (plus a hubby and a dog) and am looking for a mid-size SUV. The idea that the center console and the rear seats slide back and forth makes it sound pretty versatile. Plus mommy would dig the plush ride. I've looked at Pilot, MDX, XC90, Highlander, haven't ruled all of them out, but the XC90 (back seat too cramped.) Any feedback would be appreciated.
    have more money, (no kids, more disposable income) just as a general rule.

Go for it!
  • colvertcolvert Member Posts: 9
    We've been using the RX330 as a family car since October 2003. We had only two kids back then. Added another this last March so when all three are back there, the back seat is tight (but comfortable) with an infant car seat and a toddler booster seat. We have the Rear Seat DVD system and that seems to keep the kids occupied (and very quiet!) on extended drives. With the rear seats all the way back there is still plenty of room in the rear for a full size stroller and other gear.

We are thinking about moving up to a bigger car (7 seat SUV or minivan) but my wife can't bear the thought of leaving her RX330 for another car. We are also in So Cal and the FWD RX has been more than a pleasure to drive as the family car. We're content right now since our kids are still young (7, 3 and infant) but will most likely have to move up as they get older. Hopefully by then there will be a 7 seat RX!

I recommend going to a dealer and trying an RX for size. Put the car seat in the back and see what kind of room you have when you or your hubby are driving. Hope this helps.

Cole
  • finch3finch3 Member Posts: 113
    I have a light on in my dash, something like "maint requid". I have my service done locally and I need to know how to turn off this light. Any one know how to do that?
  • mvd1mvd1 Member Posts: 30
    The instructions are in your owners manual Page 93. They are:
    --------------------------------------------------------
    The system must be reset after the engine oil replacement.
    Reset the system by the following procedure:
    1. Turn the ignition key to the “OFF” position with the odometer
    reading shown. (For details, see “Odometer and trip meter” on
    page 86.)
    2. Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position while holding down
    the “ODO/TRIP” button.
    Hold down the button for at least 5 seconds. The odometer
    indicates “000000” and the light goes off.
    If the system fails to reset, the light will continue flashing.
  • r1_97r1_97 Member Posts: 181
    I can only echo what you've been seeing here. The RX330 is a great family car/suv. There should be no problem for 2 adults, 1 child and a dog to drive in comfort. I don't understand what you're concerned about.
  • lantolanto Member Posts: 1
    Is it possible to get an RX330 without the premium package? I was told by a dealer in Los Angeles that all of their cars have the premium package (basically leather seats and a moonroof) and that they can't order a base car without this package. I would prefer to save $4000 and not have the leather and moonroof. Is there a way to do this? thanks!
  • highlander7highlander7 Member Posts: 177
    Possibly you can factory order, question is will Lexus build a base model??

I was told that the Mark Levinson/Navigation System package was not available in the Northeast. The dealer said they only ordered with the Premium or Premium Plus package with selected options like 18" wheels, rain sensitive wipers, heated seats and about 20% with navigation. When they realized I was not interested in what they had in stock they gave in and factory ordered a RX with the package requested. My wife's RX was ordered November 8th and is due to arrive early this week, this Canadian built has been a 6 week wait.

If the dealer will factory order, you may be able to get the package you want. Be firm, have a deposit ready and realize this order may be a long wait especially if it is made in Japan.

Good Luck.
  • finch3finch3 Member Posts: 113
    I tried the recommendation several times and it doesn't work for me. Also, the page numbers don't match my RX 330 manual. Any other ideas?
  • armandodelunaarmandodeluna Member Posts: 8
    I'm in the process of trading in my 02RAV4 for the 06 RX330. I just read that a 350 is coming in 07. Do you think it would be worth the wait? Also, how much of a price difference can it be?
    armandodeluna,

The RX350 most likely will be introduced this spring. I asked the business manager at Cherry Hill Lexus if the same discount that my wife got on her 06 last week would be available on this upgraded model ...guess what his answer was? Even though the RX most likely will not undergo a body revision, the 3.5 L V6 will probably sell at MSRP+ on introduction, of course price will be decided by supply and demand.

I was aware of this engine upgrade in early November when my wife ordered her RX330 and we decided that 0.2 liter additional was not that important, we may be wrong. Will the RX350 get a 6 speed auto? another cost addition but a great feature. Discounts on the 06 model are better now then what they were in early November and probably will continue until and after the 350 debuts. With a modest increase for the newer engine plus paying at or close to MSRP (IMO) the cost with no discounts will be at least $5K to over +$6K for this new RX vs. the current model. This is probably a great time to buy a RX330, all depends on how much you want to spend.

The RAV4 probably will not depreciate much over the next 3-4 month's so it may be worth the wait. decisions...

Good Luck
    The RX350 V6 has DFI, direct fuel injection, and will very likely have extraordinarily improved fuel economy, possibly on the level of the RXh highway MPG.

DFI allows the use of a "lean burn" A/F mixture via a stratified charge, rich charge near the spark plug, leaner charge overall.
  • armandodelunaarmandodeluna Member Posts: 8
    Thank you wwest and highlander7. I have been talking to 2 dealership trying to get the best possible deal. So far I have a MSRP of 40K with the 18" wheels, heated seats, rain sensing wipers and all the other goods. Now I'm not sure what to do. Should I wait or not. decisions decisions.

Armando
  • five0_4tluvfive0_4tluv Member Posts: 41
    we just purchased an RX330. has anyone had Lexus install the Invision dual headrest monitor package they offer in the parts department? any other brands installed? i think the factory overhead is way too small and probably not that great regarding pixel specifications.

thanks
  • tsyganoktsyganok Member Posts: 6
    RX factory in Japan and Canada will ship first RX350 in late february.Sales starts in USA - March, Europe - late March. Major changes - screen integrated audio controls, push-start button(may be n/a in USA).Pricing will be almost the same, maybe will have 500-750$ increase on MSRP. I`m wholesales exporter to CIS from US/EU so its last information I have from Lexus.
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    The RX350 really should have keyless ignition and satellite radio capability. Even the new Mazda CX-7 has both, and it will be (presumably) much less expensive than the RX350.
  • mariacmariac Member Posts: 1
    Please help! We have the RX 330 with a DVD player and the remote somehow got lost. The dealer wants 600 bucks for a new one. Does anyone know where to get one for a reasonable price or what universal generic type of remote will work. We did try on generic type with no success. Thank you very much.
    I plan to wait for the Mazda and the RX and then decide. Easy descision if the hesitation problem is for sure solved by then.
    If your dealer would temporarily lend you an original remote, I would think you could teach the commands to a generic "learning remote." If you are not familiar with these, you put them facing each other and after putting the learning remote in its learning setting (usually by sliding a switch) you push a button on the original and then after the command is recognized (a little light usually signals that the signal has been accepted) you push the corresponding button on your learning remote. Then keep repeating this process until all the button commands that you need are learned and you should be good to go. I see no reason why this shouldn't work.
  • colvertcolvert Member Posts: 9
    Try a Toyota dealership. My brother-in-law has a Sienna with the Rear Seat DVD system and his remote is exactly the same as the remote for my RX330 RSES. No way it should cost $600. I would also check with irontoad.com (Lexus dealership in PA). I bought an additional wireless headset from them at a reasonable price. The remote is not listed on the site but I'm sure you can ask if it's available. Good luck!!
  • gatorhawkgatorhawk Member Posts: 23
    We are shopping for a new 330, prem plus, heated seats with wipers, tow pkg, mats, wheel locks and 6 disc changer. What is a fair price I should expect for a 330 right now relative to invoice? Are all Costco prices the same or should I shop around?
    Thanks in advance.
  • tibbatibba Member Posts: 13
    There are number of generic remotes that should work... as well, some PDAs (Sony Clie-- no longer manufactured) had remotes for most A/V products.... $600 ... Really? That is outrageous!
  • neonmargneonmarg Member Posts: 2
    I just had this exact setup installed by Haas Entertainmant in Culver City. (310) 641-4700.

RX330... added Sirius as part of the factory radio... you push AM and it cycles to Satellite , there are 3 sat banks (oddly named TAT1, TAT2, TAT3 - they work just like FM1, FM2), each with it's own presets. The Text button cycles between Sirius channel numer and name, artist and song name (albiet truncated). They added a rocker switch in a blank panel (where the mirror controls are) that then let's me switch to an iPod dock connector. So to use iPod I push AM until on Satellite and switch the rocker between Sirius and iPod. They had a great mount that let's the iPod float to the right of the radio so no need to integrate controls. Nice thing is this let's Sirius and iPod work seamlessly with Nav Voice, Phone muting, etc.

Haas did a great job, I would reccomend them and use them again.

Jeff
  • gsilversteingsilverstein Member Posts: 5
    I use Verizon as my cell phone provider and I was wondering what bluetooth cell phones work with the RX330 navigation system. When you go to the Lexus website they direct you to a Cingular site.

Gary
  • rich18944rich18944 Member Posts: 14
    I have a Verizon Audiovox XV6600 pocket PC that I use with my RX 330. It connects via bluetooth with the navigation system. It work good, except I have never been able to sync the address book in the navigation system to accept the address book from the phone. Other than that it works great. Much better, in my opinion, than a hands free ear piece.

If anyone has been able to sync the address book with the Audiovox XV6600, I would like to find out how to do it.

Thanks!
    Rich
    rich18944, gsilverstein,

My wife's Verizon Motorola E815 works very well in her RX. She had a Sales Consultant at Cherry Hill Lexus in NJ enter her phone numbers into the address book using his phone that was on either Sprint, Nextel or one of the other service providers. He said that you cannot use a Verizon phone to enter numbers into the bluetooth address book but that he has a system to do this entire process in less than 5 minutes.

Once setup this is a great system, as good, maybe better than expensive hands free systems we have had in other cars. Your Lexus dealership should have someone that can do this. If not, have them contact Cherry Hill on how to.

Good luck....
    Your Verizon Audiovox XV6600 pocket PC works well with the bluetooth, once setup you will be very satisfied with using the controls on the steering wheel to activate the address book for one touch dialing.

Not sure if you are aware that the navigation screen's bluetooth address book is totally separate from your XV6600's programed numbers. The numbers in the address book do not have to be stored in your phone's memory.

Hope this is of some help?
    more information on the positives of this bluetooth system.

When my wife is driving down the road with her Mark Levinson system on high volume blasting away and she receives an incoming phone call.....the Lexus bluetooth system automatically shuts down the audio system, the nav screen shows the name of caller (if it is listed in the address book) and she answers via a button on the steering wheel. When the hands free conversation is complete she hangs up pushing a button on the wheel or waits until the disconnect times out and the audio system resumes to the previous sound level. If you do not want to receive an incoming call, just turn off your phone.

This is much better than hands free systems we have had in the past.
  • smackenzie1smackenzie1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, we're also considering an RX330 - can you register two phones with the system, or can you just do one at a time.

thank you -
    Googled for "Atkinson cycle" & "intake noise".

I was curious if the intake noise from the Atkinson cycle's reverse airflow, combustion chamber back into the intake manifold, in a 3.3L V6 might be at least part of the reason the RX400h doesn't make use of this fuel economy method.

Inadvertently found:

July, 8th, 1999 Final report by SRI, Sierra Research Inc, on "Alternative and Future Technologies for Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Road Vehicles"

One of the conclusions is that if the industry switched to 5-speed automatic transmissions, made use of ASL, Aggressive Shift Logic (quicker upshifts), early torque converter clutch lockup, and shift into neutral with brake application and engine at idle, a 9.8% improvement in fuel economy would result. Industry response was that "driveability" would suffer.

Welcome to 2006.
    My sales consultant advised that up to four bluetooth compatible phones can be used in the RX330. I believe that each has to have its own phonebook directory entered, just a matter of scrolling through the display to the right screen.