Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jeep Liberty Diesel

Comments

• Options
    boilermaker2boilermaker2 Member Posts: 131
    I haven't had anything new to add until now. Consider this a heads-up.

Between 18K-23K miles my engine began to chirp. Usually this was right after start-up and it went away after the engine was warm. By the time my 25k service came up, it was pretty much a continious chirp. An idler pulley was replaced and the chirp went away.

2-3k later the chirp came back. This Monday it would start.

I took it too the garage and the tensioner was sticking. The alternator was testing good and the battery had charge.

Before we replaced just the tensioner, I asked the tech if we could pleace put the alternator under load. He said yes so I turned EVERTHING on: defroster, rear defroster, fan, bright, Hazards, ANYTHING that would pull electricity. The chirping reached a full Cardinal chorus. The alternator was slipping on the belt when it was under a heavy load.

TRUE, the alternator was developing sufficient charge during idle testing but you could watch is booble and twist under load where, most likely, the vibration from the bad pulley or possibly poor tensioner mucked up the alternator's bearings. I had a fan clutch that knocked out a water pump many moons ago so this is what I think happened this time. Hopefully nothing else was knocked out to.

So, if you have a squeak or chirp, investigate it. Hopefully my parts replacement will fix this (again).
    Cheers,
    Boiler
  • Options
    caribou1caribou1 Member Posts: 1,354
    Hi Boiler,
    The chirping "Cardinal chorus" is unfortunately common to flat (serpentine) belts. Any slight misalignment creates the same sound a railroad bogie makes while going around a curve. It's caused by differential speed of contact. You just have to suffer a while until it warms up or turn the steering at a stop light. :sick:
  • Options
    zoomy2zoomy2 Member Posts: 50
    I skimmed through the 36 pages of the F37 recall sheets at the dealer tonight (the service manager was busy with someone else so I skimmed through it as it was laying on the counter). This effects CRD's made up through November 2, 2006.

"There will be a SLIGHT torque reduction with this change." Whatever that means :mad: I hope I can't notice it...esp with my camping trailer.

The full change will be around 8 hours, but I didn't look closely at the breakdown of the hours and it varied by year. It appears that the tranny fluid get changed but nothing was stated about the replacement filters. I will have the dealer put new ones in since the pan gets dropped. They did talk about the fluid, but I suppose the dealer could use the old fluid if they saved it, new for me please.

The electric cooling fan is removed and they have a modification to make on the tranny oil cooler which is also the A/C condenser.

Anyway, Monday night I will know how the changes effect the performance, hoping for no :surprise: (s). But will have to wait until next year to go camping :cry:

There are several pages on the reprograming of the TCM this was different by year.
  • Options
    faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    zoomy2: My dealer gave me the 36 pages! only a few CRD's get the Fan removal and air cond. recharged. So who these few are I could not tell. However it was stated that 200 CRD's were being made after they officially stopped making the CRD. As you have said the notice does say CRD's were made until Nov.2, 2006. This seems rather odd. Also some depending upon inspection will have the pump replaced, what makes it required to replace the pump? Some just get a flush, and some get both filters replaced. With the torque replacement they added 6 quarts of fluid. The fluid that was in mine was replaced at 13,000 miles when both filters were replaced under a recall before. So I was told to do and oil flush at 40,000 miles. The whole recall is just plane odd. DCX responded to me that the reason for this recall is there is a possibility of early failure, this recall prevents that. Well that's a no brainer! Remember the TV show Lowen and Martins Laugh In? They use to present the "Fickle Finger of Fate". So I give this "Fickle Finger" to DCX! This Liberty has had more recalls than any other vehicle we have ever had. The CRD runs great, but the recalls are becoming a real pain in the neck, say nothing about the mileage to and from, and the time involved! I hope Mr. Z has to have his MB recalled every week.
    I have now driven 230 miles from when the re-program was done. Don't notice any change.

Farout
  • Options
    thomaswthomasw Member Posts: 34
    Just curious - does the recall info list production dates and/or VIN's that call for the TC recall / replacement?

My CRD is 01/2006 production, and when I punched the VIN into the Jeep site the only thing that comes up is the ball joint recall ... so I'm wondering if there was some running production change* and the later CRD's already have the "improved" transmission components.

*I recall that last fall people were complaining about multi-month waits between ordering a CRD and delivery, and so wonder if they temporarily stopped production pending receipt of modified transmissions.
  • Options
    tired_old_davetired_old_dave Member Posts: 710
    don't have our cards written yet - it seems Decemeber 25th is approaching too fast - - - good enough nescosmo

#3203 of 8290 Re: Star not releasing EGR even though I get only 18mpg [clarkkent] by tired_old_dave Dec 24, 2005 (8:51 am)
    Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: clarkkent (Dec 23, 2005 8:29 am)

"Remember, it's a Girley Jeep"

That is well known. But the diesel factor has some saving grace. I saw a bumper sticker on the back window of a pick'em up truck last week

"Silly Boys, Trucks are for Girls"

Merry Christmas, Joyeaux Noel, Happy Holidays

No more wars - Peace on Earth
  • Options
    petoskiinspetoskiins Member Posts: 12
    Yes my feb 2006 liberty sunroof leaks.
    But only when I park pointing up hill. It drips out the gap in the headliner above the side cargo area windows. perhaps it would leak where yours does if I parked pointing down hill. what have they done to yours? I too am taking it to the dealer for the third time. They changed out the glass the last time but it still leaks.
  • Options
    joel12joel12 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2/05 CRD build. Before F37 was released, mine stopped shifting into 5th gear altogether at about 24,000 miles. The dealer replaced the TCM and the speed sensor on separate visits (big inconvenience!). It shifts into 5th now except when cold, it holds in 4th until I've driven for about 5-6 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this? It sounds like F37 is a good thing, I ordered the parts.
  • Options
    synlubessynlubes Member Posts: 184
    my 2005 march build was doing about the same thing sounds like a torque converter and maby a pump to
  • Options
    Got my CRD back today. The TC was changed with the PCM & TCM's programed updated. The tranny was flushed and replaced the fluid but the pan was not dropped thus no filters changed. It shifted at the same 58 mph into 5th and drop out a 56 mph, no change here. I did notice that the shifting was much smoother and the vibration at idle and cruise is gone. I still have the ST tires (recall please Goodyear) and have to say they still slip at 1600 rpm at start-up from a stop in the rain, so the torque hasn't changed much (I do have the optional limited slip).

Yes, I can see Dick Martin decribing the reasons for DCX to be awarded the "Fickle Finger of Fate Award" presented by Tiny Tim while "Tip(ping) Toe Through The Tulips"!

I read somewhere that the TC contains or hopefully, now contained plastic vanes in the pump section rather then welded steel ones of years gone by.
  • Options
    pttrilliumpttrillium Member Posts: 62
    I just received my recall notice. I'd like to check and see if others got a notice with the same wording on it. It is the most dramatic recall notice I've had in owning 8 new cars.

So I quote:

"The transmission torque conveter on your vehicle may fail. This can cause a rattling sound....blah blah blah....Continued operation can result in transmission damage."

It continues:

"...your dealer will replace the torque converter and reprogram the engine torque to enhance torque converter and transmission durability. the work will take 5.5 hours to complete. If testing indecates the trasmission has been damaged, another hour will be required...."

So here's my question. Do you suppose if they find damage they just put an entire transmission in? What do you guys (and ladies) suppose they do in the extra hour of repair time? What do you think might be replaced if damage has occurred? I apologize if it was in an earlier post and I missed it.

I believe my build date is 02/2005.
  • Options
    I'm going to guess that with "mngolfer" for a handle you are in Minnesota.

Those wrenches? They have them at Mills Fleet Farm. I bought two and left one at my parent's farm just in case. I don't recall them being star wrenches as much as just 8MM allens.

I got a socket driver with a swivel head on it.
  • Options
    siberiasiberia Member Posts: 520
    I just received my recall notice Pttrilliun and it has the same wording.

If they put in a new transmission, the extra hour might be uncrating the new transmission, crating up the old one, transferring some external parts from old to new, adding oil, linkage adjustment on the new one, test drive, etc.

If parts are changed in the old one it could be transmission pump (may be changed regardless), clutch pack, some parts washing, gaskets, filters, oil, test drive, etc.

I've done all of this at one time or another and sometimes I spend an hour just drinking a beer and staring at parts. :)
  • Options
    mngolfermngolfer Member Posts: 18
    Minnesota it is. One golf course still open. Used the 8mm allen, but it was not the best fit. Found the T-47 torx at a local auto store.
  • Options
    justmecwjustmecw Member Posts: 20
    Can anyone tell me which vehicals get the f37 recall. I have a Feb 2006 Liberty and checked for the recall and does not show up.

Also is there a link where i can see the recall?
  • Options
    Hi Caribou, it has been a while since we have conversed. That is my fault.

I understand and concur with what you are saying and that is why I put up with the chirping for 7k miles until I finally commented about it at the dealership. At first it chirped upon startup and then went away. Then it chirped all the time. After the idler pulley and serpentine belt was replaced, it chirped until the belt broke in. Now that the tensioner, belt and alternator has been replaced, it chirps no more (again).

When I turned all of the electrical doo-dads at the shop (after driving it for an hour to get there) and put the alternator under load, it wobbled while the belt started to slip and the chirping audibly increased. I think the tensioner ate both of them (alternator and 2 serpentine belts). There was an inordinate amount of belt residue on the pulleys. Only time will tell. Right now she sounds like a sewing machine at idle...not an aviary. :blush:

Boiler
  • Options
    thomaswthomasw Member Posts: 34
    Same drill here. I have a Jan 2006 production and the only recall that shows for mine on the Jeep.com site is the ball joint one.

It would be GREAT to know what vehicles fall under the F37 and if (I hope) ours benefited from a running production change and our tranny's have been OK since Day One.
  • Options
    Hi Boiler,
    It takes an enormous force to keep a serpentine belt under tension. This force tends to "twist" the mounting brackets of driven elements.
    Older vehicles had double mounting/pivotating points that kept the pulleys well aligned within the plane defined by the routing of the belt. You can check the alignment of your pulleys with a steel ruler: you should be able to reach other pulleys and observe the parallelism. To check the alignment of the belt when it sits in it's in position you can use a flat object like a plastic draftsman square. All curves of the belt should touch or be close to the surface.
    Otherwise observe the pulleys:
    - there can be a shiny side corresponding to a severe squew
    - there can be an evenly shiny aspect corresponding to a normal operation under load (slippage is normally ~3%)
    - the tensionner must always keep a dull aspect. If it shines, it's out of alignment.
    If you say your engine sounds like a sewing machine, check your hearing-aid batteries or you may not be listening to your own engine. Over here I could say you are listening to the engine of the Toyota pick-up truck looking for a prey :mad:
    And I'm not kidding :cry:
  • Options
    bullheadbullhead Member Posts: 125
    Even THIS site can't bog down my wicked fast new supercomputer (or perhaps only its more modern video card), so I return just in time for "F37".
    Has anyone tried a before and after dynamometer test before turning their precious CRD over to Big Brother DC? I think I may! I have so much satisfaction from my 03/05 diesel Liberty at ~22,000 mi. How can they effectively force us (by otherwise walking away from transmission warranty) into a reduction in performance specs. I'm afraid I'd have to go for the jugular if I lost some of the torque, which I need every bit of when towing around mountainous central Washington (not D.C.).
    Or maybe there's nothing to the hullabaloo. But objective numbers would be nice ! Zen!
  • Options
    mdamickmdamick Member Posts: 277
    They are designed to not shift into OD until the Transmission fluid is up to temperature.
  • Options
    mrmag00mrmag00 Member Posts: 16
    Took my 2006 CRD (built 10/05)in for the F37 recall. Tech found a bunch of unknown codes stored in the TCM. Wouldn't start the upgrade until talking with Tech support. Next day I called and was advised by the Service Manager that Chrysler had recalled over 100 TC's in Alberta with no explination and would not allow them to be used. TCM upgrade was done and I wait further for an explination of why the recall is being suspended. If anyone hears why the change let me know. Thanks
  • Options
    bullhead: You have nothing to hullabaloo about. I had this recall done over a week ago, and put on 400 miles. There is no noticeable difference what so ever. I consider myself to quite sensitive in feeling small changes it my CRD. Even the Tec said he could not see any changes. I had my PCM changed at about 13,000 miles because on very high 5th & OD shift points. That took care of that problem. With the recall my shift points remain the same. I believe the main reason for the TC change out is because they found a good many TC were failing and to prevent more damage to the transmission theu just replaced them. I am sure not all are bad, but it's cheaper to replace a TC than a bunch of transmissions.

Farout
  • Options
    zoomy2: What is your build date? All our CRD got was the TC changed and thr reflashes. Our build date is June 14 05.

Farout
  • Options
    Two things we notice after the recall was done. The power mirrors do not work,but just a very tinny bit. The glow plug light just stays on less than 2 seconds, before it took at least 10 seconds. Anyone else have this happen?

Farout
  • Options
    Farout,

The Date of Manufacture is 6-05?? Is that June, '05?? How do you know the day???
  • Options
    zoomy2: On the Title you first had to sign or submit to registar your vehivle that had the exact date, but call any DCX dealer and have then run your VIN and they can tell ya.
    It looks like we have the same build month, how about that?What color is yours? Ours is the Deep Beryl Green. When we hit a deer in Sept of this year, they had to replace the front stuff, so I had then put in the Chrome Grill, which sorta sets our Sport off a little. I have seen other do this to their Sport as well.
    WE put the 245 70 16 Wrangler Silent Armor tires on and this changes the ride drasticly! A very sturdy solid ride and handles so much better. The ST tires were also on the 06 Sport Liberty we bought for our daughter. The ST tires were changed the first week,
  • Options
    thstrangerthstranger Member Posts: 60
    Hi Farout,
    Hope all is well with you and your's !!!
    My CRD build date is 2/06.....do you think my CRD should get the recall F37 ??
    thanks,
    Skeeter
  • Options
    nescosmonescosmo Member Posts: 453
    Farout.... My is 6-05 and they send me a letter for both recall then the dealer call me to do the recall. The tech told me that the fuel curve will be change, the smoke will be less on speeding up but there will be no notice change in torque. also told me that the pump will be change because is a new tc. I made the appointment and it will be done on friday. My tech will check the turbo and the egr in case there is a problem. He told me that new oil will be put in, well will see what happen.

Nescosmo.
  • Options
    siberiasiberia Member Posts: 520
    The tech told me that the fuel curve will be change, the smoke will be less on speeding up but there will be no notice change in torq

If true, this is an interesting bit of information, Nescosmo. There is no high rpm torque problem so the hp (high rpm torque) does not need to be cut. It may be possible to cut the low end torque a little and alter the torque curve so the the total area under the curve is the same. Maybe the CRD will still have the same 0-60 time just not light up the tires off the line so easy - cut the torque at 1800 rpm - increase the torque at say, 2500 rpm - just speculation.
  • Options
    thstranger: You can call any DCX dealer and the service center can tell you, I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA IF YOUR crd NEEDS THE RECALL. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Farout
  • Options
    nescosmo: My CRD is a June 05 build as well. However the pump was not replaced, just the TC and the two reflashes. In doing the TC they drained 7 quarts of trans. fluid. There was nothing else called for. Each VIN tells then when or what they are to do. What are your last 6 numbers in your VIN. My VN is 680633 and was made on June 14. Maybe ours was made real close together?

Farout
  • Options
    thstrangerthstranger Member Posts: 60
    THANKS FAROUT,

SKEETER
  • Options
    justmecwjustmecw Member Posts: 20
    I found a copy of the recall online and it states that it is for jeep liberty diesel with an automatic trans. It also states that it afects 11200 viehicals. To me that means ALL crd's require the recall but when i serch to see if my jeep has the recall all that shows up is the ball joints.
  • Options
    dmkkengdmkkeng Member Posts: 11
    I just had the dealer install the skid plate kit on my 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD. I was disappointed to see the oil filter was only partially protected by the dealer skid plate kit. Are the factory installed kits the same? Anyone damaged the oil filter while out 4X4ing with this skid plate kit?

Has anyone ordered the roof top cargo carrier - I'm thinking of getting one - how do they compare with other products on the market?
  • Options
    I've got the skid plates and had the same reaction. However in the offroading I have done, I haven't had any issues and I've "hit bottom" a number of times. I usually scrape stuff in the very front or in the middle when things just go bang. Because the filter is behind the position of the front axle, I think it is not so bad, but that's my opinion. I usually hit stuff ahead of the filter.

Just to be safe, I carry an extra filter and a strap wrench in my emergency kit which also has tow straps and all kinds of other goodies in it. I also have a 4 quart jug of Rotella 5-40 in it.

For normal around town stuff I don't drive around with all that gear.

I don't have the roof top carrier. I just got the bars so we can put a canoe up on top, that's it.

Hope this is helpful.
  • Options
    For those who have changed out their Goodyear Wrangler STs.

What did you choose to replace them with???

Thought a little poll might be helpful since I think I've read here that those STs aren't exactly the favorite tire.
  • Options
    pttrillium,

Many of the people I have read posts on lately are replacing them with Forteras or the Silent Armor tires by GoodYear.

After 30k miles, I went a more economical route and put on a set (4) Firestone Destination LE's. They are over $200 less for the set (local prices or over $400 vs over $600).

They do not have a "coolness" or "wow" factor as some of the more premium tires mentioned above. However, thus far, they have done very well in the rain and they did fine this week in some light off-roading. They are a blackwall tire in our factory spec'd size. They are just as quiet and just as smooth as the ST's but have a longer wear rating and a better all-season tread design. The tire, in my opinion, is aggressive enough for the light off-roading and the snow we recieve here in Central Indiana while remaining smooth and quiet on the highway and road where the largest percentage of time this jeep spends.

So, I split the baby and saved some money in the process.

Hope this helps,
    Boiler
  • Options
    Does anyone think that the ULSD might actually save our EGR's and MAF's. It has been a few months now and I was wondering if the group had begun to form a concensus (versus when it first came out).

My opinion, yes. Coupled with driving style, it may have actually been the answer (but I'm not holding my breath).

Boiler
  • Options
    Hi pttrillium,
    I changed for BFG T/A in size 225x75x16. They are smaller than the original tires, more noisy, a lot more resistant on the sidewalls and surprisingly stable on the highway. So far I've driven more than 30,000 miles and still have more than 50% tire life left before getting to the lower marks (~1/16").
    I have to carry chains with me for winter conditions in mountain roads: the chains don't touch the front wheel pit liners with 225 tires. The only negative aspect is their cost: I had to pay 750 Euros for the set of 5.
    Snow grip tends to become less aggressive after two summers and entering the third winter. I guess it's like having a good pair of hiking shoes, what makes us decide to change?
  • Options
    justmecw: The total CRD liberty's made came to 11,000 last May. However, sometime between last May and Nov.2,06 the (DCX) made 200 more CRD's. Why we do not know, but on Nov. 2, 06 they made at least one. For all we know all 200 more were done on Nov. 2.
    I have the opinion they may well have made the extra 200 for IINS test and some for emissions tests, or even perhaps with different diesel engines to test them out as well. It's anyone's guess.
    Call your dealer and they can check it out much better, and maybe answer your questions.

Farout
  • Options
    dmkkeng: Is it getting very cold up there? My skid plates came with the Liberty. There is a reason for the oil filter being left so open. However I do not know what it is. I was told it's because the oil drains better. I do know that when changing the oil it is a royal mess, and drips that black oil for a couple of days, unless you use a spray on cleaner and wipe it clean.
    The big reason I do not want a rood top carrier is the fuel mileage goes down, way down like 16 to 18 mpg. We bought a CRD with the inside rear cargo organizer. It adds so much extra shelf space and comes in very handy. After having a Liberty Limited that did not have the organizer, and when this CRD one came with one as an option ($250.) we don't know how we did it with out the organizer. You can make go flat or pull it up and double the floor space back there. Also it has no effect on mpg.

Farout
  • Options
    In my opinion ULSD or any other fuel cannot deteriorate the MAF sensor because it stands next to the fresh air filter and does not detect exhaust gasses. This sensor evaluates the amount of airflow by it's aptitude of cooling down or 'refreshing' an integrated circuit (called a hybrid).
    Reffering to previous discussions, the EGR problem seems to be related to it's airflow control valve position sender, and could be better protected when using the Provent CCV oil catcher. Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is an important finding if not simply a corellation :)
  • Options
    steve05steve05 Member Posts: 52
    Hello dmkkeng. I do not have the rooftop carrier, but I do have the following items I bought from DCX after I bought the Jeep: kayak carrier, 2 bicycle carriers ("front wheel off" style) and now the 3-ski carrier. I am very pleased with the quality of the factory branded stuff, and the price is quite competitive with the thule and yakima stuff I've had in the past. The only difference is you don't need two hours and a degree in mechanical engineering to figure out which set of adapters and brackets and bolts and clamps you need from the aftermarket guys. You just tell the dealer "Liberty - roof rack." and all the parts show up in one box. Also - they all have the ability to be locked without buying anything extra, and they come off really fast and easy. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi Steve,
    I have the "THULE" bars that fit nicely and can be left inside the cabin when not used. This is a 10% saving on mileage.
    How can you put something heavy up there?
    My manual says we can load 75 Kg (150 pounds)on the roof but I can't see how one can do this without parking next to a loading dock :sick:
  • Options
    pttrillium: Having had three Liberty's, and two came with these ST tires. ST stands for "S**ty Tires." I changed both sets of the 05 Sport CRD, and the 06 Sport 3.7. When both had less than 300 miles I pulled them off. ON the 06 Liberty we got home from picken it up and a rock punched a hole in it on our road. We have to have a tough gravel, rock, mud, sand, snow and or ice we contend with at different times of the year. The ST tires are not made for our road. I am not sure what kind of road they are made for, I darn sure would not pull a trailer , or put my families life depending on those "S**ty Tires". I have the GoodYear Wrangler Silent Armor 245 70 16 on the 05 CRD, and the GoodYear Fortera Silent Armor 245 70 16 on the 06 Liberty. Main reason changing was safety, the other reasons I said above. The Wrangler is a tire designed for on/off road use, and tread is aggressive, but quiet, very stable and solid and smooth. The Fortera's are more of a street tire, but off road does well on the street it's smoother, and hugs the road. It's solid and not as aggressive.
    I have 22,000 miles on these tires and they are 1/2 gone.
    I like the tires but I would not have bought them unless the tire dealer gave me a good price for mine. $ 399. and my tires. AS much as I like the tires These are to much for my budget. Cooper tires has Merit, Signet, and a few other brands they make. I may go with those next time. I doubt I will use the 245 70 16 size again either> I think the 225 75 16 are better suited for the Liberty. The wider tires do effect fuel mileage, and I guess it to be at least 1 mpg and maybe as much as 3 mpg. There is a place when turning as tight as I can turn that sounds like the tire hits a little. The problem is 225 75 16 tires are just now coming to have a better choice to choose from.
    The tirerack.com has good reviews from drivers that have or had the tires they review. The very worst tire rated, and has the most negative reviews is the GoodYear ST tires, and that can't be good. Hope my negative input helps. Oh by the way GoodYear has recently announced they have stopped making the ST tires. They will proberly just change tread a little, slap a new name and may well be equal to the ST tires, but the reputation is clean when you start out fresh. All vehicles need a cheap tire for the new Vehicles so it keeps the total price down.

Farout
  • Options
    carobou1: Over here in North America we are much taller than European's, so we don't need a loading dock. I have seem some Liberty's so loaded down I am sure they thought it was 150 pounds per square foot. When this happens the Liberty has that "Low Rider" Chrysler 300 look, don't ya know? Some over here have the idea is a vehicle can't go there, that's the place to try and get there.

Farout
  • Options
    boilmaker2: I can sometimes feel a little jerking once in a while, when in 5th OD and doing 60mph. Other than that I can't notice any change, except for the price.Every one here is about $2.499, WalMart Fuel is $2.449, and I still get the best fuel MPG from their fuel which I think is odd.

Farout
  • Options
    "Just to be safe, I carry an extra filter and a strap wrench in my emergency kit which also has tow straps and all kinds of other goodies in it. I also have a 4 quart jug of Rotella 5-40 in it."

Makes sense, thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    I figured the roof top carrier would affect gas mileage somewhat however not that much - I'm going to use the top carrier for a number of reasons - skis and golf clubs come to mind. Both these items use alot of inside space.

I live in Vancouver so it doesn't get to cold during the winters. Our problem over the past 3 weeks has been the wind and with it the power outages.