Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Boxster and Boxster S

Comments

• habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    I've seen Speed Yellow with Sand and Speed Yellow with Stone Grey, back in mid 2005 when I initially was shopping for a Speed Yellow Boxster. The stone grey also had a stone top. The sand had a black top.

In my opinion - and color combos are obviously subjective - the Speed Yellow / Black looks best. The Stone Grey looked pretty good, with the matching top. But the Speed Yellow / Sand / Black looked pretty bad. Like an unintended mismatch. Sure enough, it sat forever at the dealership and was finally sold below invoice.

Another combination that was pretty interesting was GT silver and Cocoa interior / top. But GT silver was a significant cost increase.

I ended up getting a 911S Cab and chickening out on Speed Yellow altogether. Seal Grey and black is a more conservatively appropraite color combo for the 911. But I still like Speed Yellow for a Boxster.
  • anijhawanijhaw Member Posts: 24
    If you are negotiating for a pre owned 2005 porsche boxter, what % should you off of the list price should you shoot for.

For example, if the sticker on the pre owned porsche is 40k, what would be a good deal? 36k? 37k?

Thanks!
    Not sure there is a single right answer to your questions. I've seen a wide variety of asking prices on used Porsches. Some dealers price them fairly and others seem to be way over.

For example, there were two 2005 911S coupes with almost identical equipment and mileage that were being offered for prices that were nearly $10k apart by two different dealers in our area ($81.9k vs. $72.5k) The higher priced dealer is notorious for starting high and (sometimes) negotiating down, the lower priced dealer is a straight shooting, no BS dealer with a good reputation. Getting a 10% discount at the first wouldn't be as good as paying sticker at the second.

Figure out what the right price is through KBB and/or other sources and make your offer based upon that, not necessarily what the asking sticker is.
  • smodersmoder Member Posts: 13
    I just purchased a 2005 that was 18 months old with 6000 miles. The car was loaded $63K MSRP and the dealer was asking $49500-non certified. I purchased the car for $45,500 and made them "certify" it(which cost them $1500). I would look at the kelly wholesale blue book on the car you are interested in(in my case that was $42,300). Ask about the history-if you are at a Porsche dealer most likely it was a trade(In my case the person was moving to Boston and purchased a Cayenne. You usually expect the trade-in value on that car to be around $1000 below blue book. So for me the math worked as follows: Dealer cost $41,300 + 1500 = $42,800 ; I purchased for $45,500; dealer makes $ 2700. The negotiation was not that hard, and I felt anything around $3K profit is a fair deal for both parties. Do not look at the Asking Price, as the previous post mentioned some dealers really jack the price up. You can find great 05's with low miles and since there are still 06's on the lot it's a great time to buy. With certified I get a 100,000 mile 4.5year $0 deductable warranty. This is critical for a car that is this expensive to fix. Hope this helps.
  • amhjmsamhjms Member Posts: 14
    How many of you have made it to the Autobahn and what did you think?

Over the past two days I've fulfilled a lifetime dream of driving on the Autobahn. What an experience!

At first I found myself quite nervous, my palms even sweaty driving at anything above 175 kph, but after a while I found myself frustrated if I couldn't go at least 200 kph. On the way back to Amsterdam from Frankfurt yesterday it was daytime and the sun was shining - about 52 degrees. I put the top down and had a great four hour drive (traffic in a few spots). I got my 2000 Boxster up to at least 221 kph (about 135 mph) and that was with the top down! I think she would have gone a bit faster but I kept running into traffic. What was interesting was that there were several cars going at least 200 that really didn't seem like they would be able to...especially around some of the corners. Makes me think I was no where near pushing the limits of my car.

Those who have not done this might think that's insane, but people are so respectful on the Autobahn, I actually felt very safe the whole time.

While the Boxster was great, it really makes me want to drive a 911 some day, especially if I could find a way to get it to the Autobahn (I'll be moving back to America in a few years and can't imagine I could ever afford a 911 here). I'd love to hit the 250 kph mark. Maybe I'll rent one?

Anyone else have experiences on the Autobahn they want to share, especially great drives? My was relatively lame (I had to do it for work).

Best to all
  • boxster5boxster5 Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to get more info on run flat tires,seeing how this 2005 Boxster is my first Porsche and my first experience with run flat tires.. Can anyone give me some tips ?
  • ronaries10ronaries10 Member Posts: 64
    I've just learned that there is a hardtop for the older Boxsters - which may meet my requirements. I'm looking for an older (5 -9 yr old) Porsche or BMW to take to NASA and competitive events for driving experience (I don't participate in races, just HPDE). Since these events do not allow "open cars" unless fitted with expensive roll bar cages, I would need a closed car - My question is whether the hardtop Boxster would qualify as a closed car by NASA and other car clubs.

Sorry, but I've got to keep my costs down as a senior citizen nowadays ... so the newer cars don't qualify ... and the tiny interior of the Nissan Z just isn't big enough for me (I used to have a 300z and as well as an old 911T). I just enjoy learning to drive the race courses and admire those talented guys who whiz past me with even slower cars!
  • bapchabapcha Member Posts: 5
    I am sure that NO Porsche comes with run-flat tires. I own a 2005 and it did not come with run-flat. All you get are normal Z rated Michelin Pilot Sport-2 Tires with a can of goo and a compressor in case something goes wrong. Additionally, there is a 4 year or 50K mile roadside assistance [call 1-800-PORSCHE if it breaks down].

Bapcha
  • kuch123kuch123 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all fellow Boxster owners.. I just wanted to post a quick note that the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit IX is open for registration. We're looking forward to another great year and next year will be the 10th year for the BRBS !

Stop by the website for more information.
    http://www.brbs.org

Be sure to check out the 'Pedro Cam' for a first hand experience of what the BRBS is all about..

Ron Kucynski
    Planner / Website Designer
    BRBS.org
    ron@brbs.org
    What a hoot! Any way I could disguise my 911 Cab as a Boxster for the weekend??
  • slimmerslimmer Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1999 and am looking at installing a supercharger or a turbo charger. They are both priced at about $6,000.00. Has anyone installed one of these and what kind of performance upgrade did you get? Was it worth it?
  • nacnudskramnacnudskram Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Boxster S...At 2100 rpm I hear a clicking noise from the engine. Sounds like a fan clicking against a loose piece of plastic. Anyone else has this?
  • bcchengbccheng Member Posts: 4
    My '05 boxster had the same issue and it was fixed by my dealer after mentioning the following TSB to them:

Screeching Noise From The Engine During Warm-up at about 2,000 rpm
  • gfalzongfalzon Member Posts: 3
    i am in the market for a used Boxster. i don't know much about these cars but always wanted one. I have about $25,000 to spend and need advice for what year and miliage i should expect for this price. I plan on going thru an independant dealer in San Diego to get what i want. any adivice would be appreciated...which years are most reliable, best handling, etc? thanks
    I can't help you much with a used Boxster but, for what it's worth, if you are on a budget, you might also want to consider a new Honda S2000. I believe they can be purchased for around $30k. More than your Boxster budget, but the maintenance and repairs will likely be less expensive (I spent a total of $350 over 2.5 years and 19k miles). Unless you get a relatively recent model year Boxster S, the performance of the S2000 is above the base Boxster and the early Boxster S models.

I certainly know the enjoyment of owning a Porsche, having just turned 14,500 miles on our 2005 911S Cab. But if I were comparing a 3-4 year old base Boxster to a Honda S2000, the Honda stacks up pretty well. If you still want a Boxster, try to at least go for a 2005 or later model, as the interior refinements and engine upgrades were significant. Not sure if you'll be able to hold to that $25k budget, though.
  • gfalzongfalzon Member Posts: 3
    that points me in the right direction. i have also heard many good things about the latest miata too. i have my heart set on the boxster but that could change if thing get too pricey. thanks!
  • andysdandysd Member Posts: 87
    I think you were considering the purchase of the most fun used car fun for the money, and you can get a lot for $25k. By now, of course, you've probably bought something.

Last December on impulse I bought a '99 black Boxster with gray leather, 57,000 miles, for $16,500. I check the paper (San Diego Union) every day just for fun, and this low price attracted me. It was advertised for $17,500. It has expensive options including both seats power with memory for the driver's, cruise control, alarm system, premium audio/CD that is definitely apparent - (with the radio, the names of the artist and the song scroll across the dial), aluminum-faced gauges, sports seats, wind deflector, and side airbags (although am not sure whether the last is an option). The remote opens the rear compartment hatch as well as the doors.

It passed pre-purchase inspection well. The tech commented that the water pump seals are not leaking, which he said is common on Boxsters of this vintage.

It is such a fun car to drive. I’ve only put the top up twice. With the wind deflector and the windows up, there is virtually no wind in the cockpit. Last winter when it was freezing in the local mountains, my wife and I went there on a Porsche Club tour, and the heater kept us comfortable with the top down. I read a good comment in a car mag, that Porsche salesmen must have golden tongues to explain why the fixed top Boxster (the Cayman) costs more than the convertible version (the real Boxster)!!!

I think black is a good color, giving the car a somewhat different look, although that could be because I had lowering springs installed.

I autocrossed a '67 912 from 1998-2005, ended by not paying the prohibitive cost to rebuild a blown engine, so I have some basis for comparison. Also, in 2000 I owned a '95 993 for about six months, but sold it because four cars and a 2-car garage wasn't close to practical. (There isn't enough left foot room in the 993.) I’m just mentioning these things to point out that I have a little background to judge what an enjoyable car the Boxster is.

I live near great mountain roads, and the fun is going through the curves; horsepower is not such a big deal! I also have two motorcycles I ride in the mountains, and the same thing is true; the fun is the curves. I hardly ever wind any of these engines up to the max rpm where the max h.p. resides.

Even a first gen Boxster like mine has pretty much the current Porsche (including 911) engine and suspension technology. As you wind it up, there is a fabulous sound from the engine - not from the exhaust. With 2,822 pounds and 201 h.p. it accelerates just fine.

Storage abounds as everyone knows, with the front and rear compartments, but there is also a compartment behind the seats with sliding accordion doors, a lockable center armrest compartment, in the doors under lifting armrests, also hooks on the seatbacks.

I did spend a bit for the new rear window, Eibach lowering springs, Bilsteins, over-size front tires (225-45/17 Yokohama Advan Neovas ((although Kumho MXs would have been ok for a lot less money)), brake rotors and pads, a "competition zero tolerance" 4-wheel alignment, and a thorough service by Mirage International, a racing suspension shop.

I just read Edmund’s main Ferrari forum. Almost all Ferraris are garage queens. It seems that driving them 5,000 miles per year is excessive. One Ferrari owner wrote he planned to buy a Cayman for a driver.
    Does anyone know what the following options are?

I've googled and googled and found the descriptions of all but these.

Thanks,
    Andy
  • heydave1heydave1 Member Posts: 1
    I Have A 2000 Boxster With 57000 Miles On It.
    With My Last Oil Change They Found Yellow/Green Plastic Shavings In The Filter. Their Suggestion Was It Might Be A Timing Chain Guide. They Said I Should Take It To The Dealer And Get It Checked. Wondered If Anyone Had Same Problem.
  • mcliquidmcliquid Member Posts: 3
    THis is the best search for options I have seen. I do not see them hear either.
    http://www.kindel.com/Porsche/options.asp

Liquid
    Hello all --
    Any thoughts on a 1998 that according to Carfax was landed in California in 1997, moved to North Carolina for 2 years and now is sitting in Ohio. It has ~31000 miles and really most of what I want. I still need to get it through pre-inspection. My understanding 30000 mile mark is a dangerous one. 5 speed manual, hard top, Zenith Blue, black cloth/Blue hard top, grey interior. Its dealer inspected by a know Porsche dealer in Cleveland. They are asking $18000, but its been on the lot for a while.

I'm thnking if I could get them to 16000 ish it may be a good buy. One of my concerns is that its been siting there as others have been sold. Maybe its waiting for me or possibly something I don't know.

Thanks for any input.
    Tom
    Paying for an hour or so of labor to have your own pre-purchase inspection conducted would be my advice. I'd prefer to go to a reputable Porsche shop, not an authorized (new car) dealer. Before committing to the inspection, make sure they have a prepared list of items to inspect and comment on, in other words you don't want a from-the-hip inspection. The tech who inspected mine maede the comment that it was positive to see that the water pump seals hadn't leaked, which he said occurred often on that vintage Boxster (99 in my case).

Good luck. It's a marvelous car.
    I'm not sure if you are buying this car because you really want to drive it daily, keep it as a weekend car, or just because you are interested in owning a "vintage" Porsche. However, for whatever it's worth, my thoughts are as follows:

This is a 10 year old car that only has 31,000 miles. By comparison, my 911S Cab turns 2 years old next week, with 16,800 miles on the odometer. The risk is great that this Boxster has sat for long periods of time, and that is not good for seals, gaskets, engine oil, etc. etc. A car that has a good service history and evidence of being driven regularly, even with considerably more miles, would be preferred by me. My 1995 Nissan Maxima has cost me more in service over the past 2 years from sitting than in the previous 11 in which it ran up 155k miles with hardly a single repair.

The price, $16,000 is more than half what you would pay for a brand new Honda S2000. When I tested the 2002 Honda S2000 against the 2002 Boxster, there was no comparison. Both have superb handling, but the Honda was exceptionally tight and vastly quicker. The 2002 Boxster S was a better comparion. The 1998 Boxster would be even further down the performance scale, having the weakest engine in the Boxster evolution. Clearly, you are not buying high performance here - which is fine, as long as you are aware of that. And as long as you are prepared to pay extra on the maintenance side. My 2002 S2000 cost me less than $400 in routine service (4 Mobil 1 oil changes and a 12k service) in the 2.5 years and 20k miles I had it, although it was ready for new tires.

I love my 911 and appreciate all Porsches. But when it comes to a "fun" car, I am wary of buying a "vintage" car that could turn into a money pit and, more importantly, undermine my whole objective of having "fun". At the time I bought my S2000 six years ago, a friend who collects cars, tempted me with an older Acura NSX at about the same price. Had I bought it and driven it sparingly, it would still be worth as much or more than I would have paid for it. But that's just not me, at least not now.

Good luck whatever you decide.
    Thanks Habit --

I am not a high mileage driver, so even my 1986 Audi is a weekend car. ;-) My wife's 96 Audi is the daily driver but it has less than 9000 miles between inspections. I am a big advocate of maintenance. These cars are serviced by a Porsche garage and go in about ever 2500-3000 miles.

I understand that car and human bodies respond the same to regular exercise. So I want my new Weekend car to be a lot of fun. My fun will not come off the line but in the curves. Plenty of curves in Western PA.

I am out looking and driving on the weekend for the right car. I will try out the S2000 to see how I like it. I love the feel of slapping the bottom mounted pedal to the floor and the 4000-5500 rpm power band on the Caymen and Boxster make me flat out giddy. The way these to feel through the turns are flat out effortless and exhilarating

Thanks for your input!
  • gtx1gtx1 Member Posts: 1
    As a new owner of a 2007 Boxster I have been considering purchasing an extended warranty. Does anyone have any experience or advice?
  • jjsindelarjjsindelar Member Posts: 2
    I bought an '01 Boxster a couple years ago and have been very happy with it... Recently however I've been thinking about replacing it with a Boxster S. Mine has 59K miles on it, so I'm right at the time where I will need to do the 60K mile service, an oil change and would need new tires if I decide to hang onto it for another year or more. I think I would like the additional power and speed of the S, and figured I could probably find a deal on one that's a couple years newer with less miles on it. I got a great deal on mine two years ago so I should be able to come out ahead if I play my cards right considering the couple thousand I probably have in front of me with the upcoming service needs... I'm wondering if anyone out there has a good amount of experience with both models and can help convince me one way or another!

Thanks!
    -John
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnsindelar
  • bonvita1973bonvita1973 Member Posts: 1
    just bought a 97 boxster with 25000 miles.Driving the car from chicago to minnesota, i experienced an unexpected jerk,(an automatic tiptronic) and my gear when from 5 to 4, and a red light flashing on the 4th gear.I stop, turn the motor off and drove for the next 6 hours with no problem.the next day drive over to see a friend, it did thesame thing.Anyone has any ideas why is doing this.thanks
  • jerseyguy1jerseyguy1 Member Posts: 54
    All I can do is to tell you my story. I had a 2000 Boxster (not my first Porsche)that I leased for 3 years. Lease expired in '03 and the bank and I could not get together on the price. I let the car go and sat out for almost 4 years. This past spring my local dealer got an '06 Boxster S in on consignment with about 6500 miles on it. I thought "this was it." Price being asked was about $47K, car had a $60K window sticker.

My wife & I went to the dealer and drove the car. Had it out for over an hour. We were both disappointed;. Do not really know why. Might well have been us as we were 7 years older than we were when we leased the'00 Boxster.

Dealer had an '04 911 cabriolet on the lot that had just arrived. We drove it and bingo, that was the car. Spent about $20k more than the Boxster but so far I have been very satisfied with the car. It still has about 17 monrths of factory warranty so I am protected against catastrophic disasters. Might well get rid of it just prior to the warranty expiring. Dealer prices of brakes at 1K per axle, $1400 for tires, $1700 for a clutch do concern me.

But for me, at my age (north of 60), the 911 cab was the way to go.

YMMV.
  • hosea46hosea46 Member Posts: 3
    Greetings,

I'm currently looking to lease a new porsche boxster and have had several conversations with the dealer's internet sales manager. They don't have the color I want in stock, but he has located one in the color I want which he says he can order for me. He is now asking for a deposit to secure the vehicle for 48 hours, which means he would need a firm commitment with a signed buyers order and a deposit (which I calculated to be almost 5% of the sales price). I asked whether the deposit is refundable or not and his reply was that if the vehicle is damaged or something is wrong, then it would be refunded back to me. Is this a binding agreement and would I loose the deposit if I decide not to go through with the deal? In other words, we have yet to negotiate the price, etc, so I don't know if this is really going to be a good deal for me or not. All I know is that I like the configuration of the car. Also, what is the typical or reasonable deposit in a case like this one? Can someone give me some insight on all this?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Don't make a deposit, before negotiating the price of the car.. There is nothing wrong with them asking you to make a binding commitment, before acquiring the car from another dealer.. but, you should know what that commitment entails.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Does that mean that the commitment may very well require that I either purchase vehicle or consequently forfeit my deposit? Why ask for a deposit though, if when push comes to shove, they're the ones trying to get my business and not the opposite? I understand that they may incur some costs and so forth, to purchase the vehicle from another dealer, but they can always sell the vehicle to someone else if I don't end up buying it. Is there a standard amount or percentage range for these kinds of deposits or is that strictly to the discretion of the dealer? Thanks for your help!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Does that mean that the commitment may very well require that I either purchase vehicle or consequently forfeit my deposit?

It seems that's what they are saying..

Why ask for a deposit though, if when push comes to shove, they're the ones trying to get my business and not the opposite?

They probably don't want to flat-bed a car in from another dealer, without a sure sale.. It's not like swapping cars with the Honda dealer across town.

Is there a standard amount or percentage range for these kinds of deposits or is that strictly to the discretion of the dealer?

If they were just trying to get you invested in buying a car, then $500 would be plenty.. It seems they don't want to go get this car from another dealer, without a certain sale... In that case, a couple of thousand seems reasonable..

I might be wrong, but from your questions, it seems you aren't sure about this.. Maybe the dealer has picked up on that, as well.. and, is asking for the large deposit to ensure you are serious about buying the car. Test drive a car like the one you want, and make sure... If you aren't sure, you shouldn't ask them to acquire the car for you...

And, as noted above... Make sure you know how much you are paying, before committing to anything.

regards,
    kyfdx
    visiting host

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stan_dstan_d Member Posts: 1
    I am considering buying a 2000 2.7 litre Boxster with 52k miles. The car was professionally inspected and it was reported that there was clutch judder in first gear on pull off but otherwise the clutch did not slip. Also there appeared to be a noise from the exhaust like there was a loose baffle but went away on warm up. Should I be concerned?
    Thanks!
  • zenrookiezenrookie Member Posts: 3
    The 2003 Boxer has 16,000 miles. It looks good. Looks like someone who works pretty hard bought it and never got to drive it for more mileage. I would like to ask those who know Porsches if this is a possible good deal. If I purchase a 2003 Boxer what kind of things should I need to know? Just a great overview would help me. They want about 29,000 dollars for it. Should I be suspicious? Or is all of the above sound about right? I'd treat her like that class of car should be treated. Any help or advice would be welcome. Thanks.
    ZR
  • marygimarygi Member Posts: 7
    Upper range for 2003 Boxster pricing is $28,500-28,700 but I imagine the seller is considering the extremely low mileage. Is he throwing in any extras, or is the Box stock as a rock? For top dollar, you can get picky, but it will probably pass a pre-purchase inspection with flying colors. I envy you!
    For more info on buying, check out mike focke's web site and the articles archived at the Boxter babblers.
    I have a 2004 Box in my sites and Mike has helped me a lot. I also have a blog on this site outlining my adventures in the search for the perfect sportscar.
    Marygi
  • jjsindelarjjsindelar Member Posts: 2
    The November issue of Road & Track has a great article about purchasing used boxsters. I think the best advice given was to bring the car to a dealership or shop that specializes or is vary familiar with them... The top things they suggest looking for (and they talk in more detail about each of these) are:
    -Examine the engine for oil leaks and coolant leaks
    -Be aware that the mass airflow sensors fail frequently
    -Run through the gears noting whether shifts are smooth and quiet
    -Carefully note the condition and proper operation of the convertible top
    I would definately recommend the article, it's a great read...

-John
    Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful and if I am very grateful. Honestly, I know you can't trust gut instinct when it comes to buying cars... but I look at this car and I just think the owner bought it and then never had time to actually drive it. I will look into the website you mentioned. Many thanks! ZR
    Thank you for your post. It was all very good information and I appreciate your replying to my original post. I will read the Road and Track article NOW. Thanks.
    ZR
  • zainazaina Member Posts: 5
    I purchased a 2006 Boxster in November 2005, and have only driven it around 18,000 KM (11,200 Miles) in the past 2 years. I took my car in for it’s first service (every 2 years or 20,000 km) and they claim that I have to change my brake pads, brake discs and brake cylinders on all 4 wheels; which will cost around 2000 USD (including servicing the car). Isn’t that a bit excessive? My best friend has a carrera for 3 years and still hasn’t changed her breaks, and she has over 40,000 km on it. I don’t race my car or drive it everyday, why would they need to do all of that?

And if this all depends on how I’ve been driving or maintaining my car, can someone give me some tips?
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    Depending on how you drive, I could maybe see needing new pads - although it does seem unlikely given such little mileage. Of course, the dealer and manufacturer will always recommend new rotors whenever you replace the pads, so that's why they're telling you that.

As for the cylinders - I've never had to replace them. They should last the life of the car (or at least 100K+ miles).

Something does sound fishy about the diagnosis you received, but since I can't see your car, I can't say for sure. If I were in your shoes (no pun intended), I'd look at the brake pads myself and see how much pad material is left. If they look even a little low (say less than 1/4"), take your car to a reputable independent shop for a second opinion.
  • wilson04wilson04 Member Posts: 1
    I have located a boxster with 30K in "mint condition" and maybe it is but would you porsche veterans advise either buying an extended warranty for 3k or saving that money for my repair/maintenance fund?
    if it's a 98 boxster, i would just purchase it and save my money for repairs. I hate warranties, they never cover what you need anyway! where i live, the warranty only costs 1200 dollars, and i still refused to get it!
    I have a 2006 Boxster, with barely 18,000 km on it, and I've taken it in for the 2 year service, and they've claimed I need to change my breaks, and the break discs because they are fractured. I am a very careful driver, I've never raced or driven my car in any environment other than your regular town streets... should I have reason to beleive my breaks were defected to begin with?
  • marygimarygi Member Posts: 7
    I'm a Box owner also, and plan to do some of the maintenance. As a general rule I believe Porsche recommends new rotors with every 3 brake pad replacements; as you know the rotors can't be turned. It's a good idea to have the mechanic show you the damaged/replaced parts. He might have an idea as to why this happened. For competent answers, visit renntech.org, a place for more technical aspects of P-care care and maintenance. Good luck.
  • esmhw01esmhw01 Member Posts: 2
    I want to replace the CD storage unit on the dash with a cubby or pocket. Any ideas? Thanks
  • jhammelljhammell Member Posts: 38
    I have an '04 and I simply replaced the CD holder with another storage shelf that I purchased from the dealer. Here is a link. http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_- Code=shelf986&Category_Code=POTEBXIN
  • esmhw01esmhw01 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! That's it exactly. Much appreciated!
  • jgboxcatjgboxcat Member Posts: 4
    My 07 Boxster only has 20k on it - I haven't driven it now for 3 weeks and the battery is dead - called Porsche Roadside and they said they'd have to send it to the deal on a flatbed truck! Gee, didn't think the battery would die THAT fast. I'm going to try to old jumpstart - will be very disappointed if I have to spend $400 on a new battery - I love this car but sometimes feel like it's a money pit.
    jump start, drive it around for about 45 minutes without teh lights or stereo on.
    take a break do it again
    if you have a car battery charger, that should do the trick..