Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Crew: Suggestions for Subaru

1414243444547»

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    3.0R
    3.0R spec.B
    2.0GT
    2.0GT spec.B
    2.0R
    2.0i
    2.0CNG

You'll notice that there is a 2.0R, as well as a 2.0i. Unlike the "i" model, the "R" model has a DOHC and AVCS. It sure would be nice to have a similar 2.5R here in North America, with HP ~ 200 or so.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/b4/&pre- - - v=/search%3Fq%3D2.0R%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN

BTW, Europe is the getting the Impreza 2.0R.

Bob
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Zook did a nice update, I wonder if people will notice, though. And that engine is neither powerful nor efficient.

Still, they definitely nailed the packaging. I'm sure sales will pick up but I wonder how much.

-juice
    And that engine is neither powerful nor efficient

I think it's a fine alternative to the base Forester engine.

Bob
    Base, sure. What are the EPA mileage numbers?

-juice
    18/23

But getting beyond that: For me 3K towing, great warranty, good looks, fullsize spare, ligit off-road capability, and prices that likely will match of better comparible Forester prices.

Bob
    Ouch, that's worse than the Forester turbo with performance more or less equal to the the base Forester.

Guess that's a high priority for me so that would rule it out. However, it seems like any vehicle with a low range tends to get relatively low mileage, a tough trade-off for a city slicker.

-juice
    Well, I'm sure it's heavier than the Forester. I don't have any specific info on that however.

It's like anything else, it all depends on what's important to you. The new GV has all the items that are missing on the Forester, that are important to me. Maybe if Subaru were to offer those features, it would be more economical than the GV, but then again maybe it won't be?

In any case we won't know for two years, and I'm not holding my breath that any of those features will ever show up based on what I've seen and heard from SOA. The old GV was a non-starter for me, but this new one is definitely on my short list of contenders.

Bob
    I'm going to start posting my suggestions for future Subarus directly on the SOA site under "contact us." There's a pull-down menu there called "product suggestions." That way I know for sure that my comments will go to the Product Planning department.

As it stands right now with Edmunds, there's no certainty that any of these comments that get posted here ever get to SOA's Product Planning dept. It's sure a far cry from when Patti was here. :mad:

Bob
  • njswamplandsnjswamplands Member Posts: 1,760
    ty
This discussion has been closed.