Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2000 Ford F-150

Comments

• Options
    amacronamacron Member Posts: 16
    I agree with your the person at Ford must be color blind...

I kept going back and forth between the Chestnut and Amazon green.. When I went to change it from the green to the chestnut it was too late. so I am getting the green,, Look about the best of all the color selections
  • Options
    aflashmanaflashman Member Posts: 3
    I have looked at all the colors and believe its unanimous, the door cracks look best in red.
  • Options
    brucec35brucec35 Member Posts: 246
    I already have door cracks in red on my '98, and was considering a 2000 model anyway, but I have to say, the color choices are pretty poor. other than the standard red, black, white, I'm not impressed with their other colors at all. I'd love a dark green too, but it's just not out there for F-150's. Maybe a Tundra.....?
  • Options
    bobh12bobh12 Member Posts: 140
    To Selva2. I share your pain with the October 4 date. I ordered mine on June 25 and it was on hold until last week! My dealer said it should be deliverd to him the first week in November. There are four colors, Bright Red, Oxford White, Black, and Silver. Only can get Dark Graphite interior.
    Cannot get two-tone. I have heard the delay has to do with the seats (special trim) but don't know for sure. There don't seem to be a lot around,maybe Ford schedules a special run, Don't know that for a fact.
  • Options
    cajun17cajun17 Member Posts: 15
    I ordered a 2000 F-150 with 4.6L, auto, XLT, S/C. I can't wait, but...looks like I'll have to!
    2 weeks after ordering it, I've been told that there is a hold on it because there is a shortage of auto transmissions for the 4.6L. Has anyone else heard of this?
  • Options
    church95church95 Member Posts: 1
    just to update--as of 10/7/99 there is a manufacturing hold on new orders for the sport package until 11/1/99--due to "materials shortage". then 6 to 8 weeks for delivery--just in time for x-mas.

also--ford has dropped the 500.00 discount for the v6 engine for 2000.

however--the sport package is now discounted, instead. ford is discounting 625.00 retail against the 425.00 sport package retail and the am/fm cassette retail (130.00 retail). also confirmed that the sport package includes the 40/60 split bench.
  • Options
    bslo33bslo33 Member Posts: 11
    Yes, $500 discount is gone, but in it's place are "free" upgraded tires, remote keyless, and upgraded radio (single CD player). There is also an option to upgrade to captain chairs in place of the CD player.
  • Options
    craigbrucraigbru Member Posts: 5
    I posted this on the rv-travel newsgroup but didn't get alot of response. Could be this is a Ford thing. I have a F150 on order and the hitch question is puzzling.

The Ford Rv & Trailer towing guide talks about the different types of trailer classes. Looking at the class III it states 3,501-5,000-lb. gross trailer weight. This is what comes with the towing package.

It states that for a F150 5.4L V8 with 3.55 axle ration, 4x2 supercab, the maximum loaded trailer weight would be 8,300 lbs.

I'm confused. Does this mean that if I want to tow 6,300 lbs that I
    will have to change out the class III receiver for a class IV?

Thanks for your answers. Craig
  • Options
    RoclesRocles Member Posts: 982
    If you were to "regularly" tow 6300lbs then you might want to install a class 4 hitch. If infrequently then I wouldn't sweat it.
    Remember class 3 is used often on compact trucks and I have seen fours on half-tons. I know a guy that had his Dodge dealer change his hitch for your very concern.
    Answer:Yes if over 6000 lbs is the routine towing weight.
  • Options
    Thanks.

The tongue weight of 500 lbs for a class III is too low if I were to pull a 6,500 lb trailer. Tongue weight should be apx. 10% of trailer weight for a balanced load.

Went to the RV show in Dallas this weekend and had a RV salesman tell me that in his 12 years of RV sales that he had not seen that many class IV receivers. He said that was an overkill. :)

I can't wait to hear what my Ford dealers answer is today. :) I will be asking for some kind of a trade out for the hitch receiver.

Craig craigemail55 at aol dot com
  • Options
    I've placed my order for an F150. Is there a web site I can use to track my order?
  • Options
    wbailey1wbailey1 Member Posts: 1
    A previous post was wrong.
    B3G option is
    255 tires and 3.55 axle
    Radio w/cd
    remote keyless entry OR captains chairs
    color keyed grille and mirrors
    you can get 5 spoke wheels if you like
    and pay extra to get the LS 3.55 axle
  • Options
    Saw the messge from "Church 95" about the delay (10/7), got worried about if mine would get caught up in it, it has been in every other delay. Dealer said it was still good for first week in Nov delivery. Glad to hear about the discount on that package, every penny helps. The material shortage, must either be bumpers, interior trim, or decals, those are the only items that are different from what you can get on other F-150s.
  • Options
    Ford has made a "Top 3 Accessories Package", available in California, Memphis, Atlanta and Denver. Includes bedliner, styled molded running boards and wrap around hood deflector. Code 473,
    MSRP $750, Invoice 638. I had it added to mine (on order) and deleted 18E, Black Cab Steps (the tubular ones.
  • Options
    Selva2 et al. Anything new on your truck? So far I am "CLean and Scheduled", and locked in for a first week in Nov delivery. Sure wish it would hurry up and get here, tired of waiting. After waiting this long (ordered 25 June, DORA 26 June) sure hope I like it!! I hope it DOESN'T have, the "OPTIONAL" door cracks and piston slap some folks have complained about, I know my 97 doesn't, maybe I will be lucky!!
  • Options
    ladyblueladyblue Member Posts: 326
    Please take a moment to visit Kenny Brown Talks About Women And Performance Cars! in the Our Turn, Women's Automotive Research Conference. Kenny Brown will be available all this week to answer your questions.

ladyblue
    Community Leader/SUV Conference
  • Options
    woodzachwoodzach Member Posts: 5
    Any suggestions on increasing power for the 5.4 V8 on a 2000 F-150 4X4? Do the power chips work or would I be better off buying a unit to reprogram the controller? What about exhaust systems? Finally, what about the air intake system? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Options
    woodzach.
    Check out the Superduty topic 1166, those guys seem to have a lot of info on chips, borla exhausts, K&N filters etc. Might want to read some of hte older posts over too as there is a lot of info on that stuff. Hope this helps you out.
    Bob
  • Options
    (holton) Ford has a "Diamond Plate Accessories Pkg" available. Bedliner, diamond plate dual lid tool box, bedrail caps, running boards, taligate protector, and mudflaps. Code 47D, MSRP $995.00,
    Invoice $846.00. Not sure that is what you are looking for.
  • Options
    bigsnagbigsnag Member Posts: 394
  • Options
    fred120fred120 Member Posts: 1
    ford is nothing but a showoff I my self a Chevy kind of guy
  • Options
    RoclesRocles Member Posts: 982
    Hey Freddy--Do you know matthew14? SOund like you guys might have Algebra together.......
  • Options
    hudson5hudson5 Member Posts: 28
    You know... that guy kinda sounds like Zbad. Wonder if it's his kid???
  • Options
    Does anyone know what makes up the 47F XLT special appearance package?
    It is listed on my window sticker as a no charge item. I think it includes the honeycomb grill and the color keyed grill trim but not sure what else. This item is not listed by Edmunds.

Thanks, Craig
  • Options
    jimbo46jimbo46 Member Posts: 2
    Would the HD Electrical/cooling group be recommended if I'm going to be pulling a 19' boat in the summer? I plan on buying a Class III hitch for the 2000 F-150 SuperCab.
  • Options
    jimbo46jimbo46 Member Posts: 2
    Would the HD Electrical/cooling group be recommended if I'm going to be pulling a 19' boat in the summer? I plan on buying a Class III hitch for the 2000 F-150 SuperCab.
  • Options
    caddprocaddpro Member Posts: 20
    You are right the 47F/54M is the special appearance package which includes the color-keyed grille with honeycomb insert and the color-keyed mirrors. Available only in limited markets (Atlanta, Orlando etc...)No Charge!
  • Options
    Ford says the package is required to tow over 4000lbs. I would get it anyway, hitch alone will cost you $100 plus installation. The factory one is "Hidden" so you only see the reciever not the whole bar. My 2cents.
  • Options
    lissliss Member Posts: 4
    I have a 99 F150 SuperCab. Does any one know of any place that sells stainless steel sidesteps.
  • Options
    pizzadudepizzadude Member Posts: 35
    I ordered the tow package, which includes the hitch and hd electrical/cooling. In my opinion it is well worth it. That package also includes a tranny cooler...I hate automatics, i never have or probably every will totally trust one, so I figure the cooler i can keep that slush box the better. Unfortunately have to get the auto with the 5.4L. So far i like it, and maybe this will change my mind about auto trannys...anyway, that's a tangent.

My .02 is to get the tow package, wirings done, hitch looks great cuz it's hidden and the HD cooling can never hurt you...all that for what? 350$ or so? It's worth it.
  • Options
    wtkingwtking Member Posts: 43
    I got a question for anyone with a 2000 F150 S/C.
    How come you can't get a CD Changer with the 60/40
    Bench Seat. Do they put the CD Changer in the console, because of the forth door? Just curious?
  • Options
    One other question, can you still get a 3.73 gear on a F150 for 2000, without getting the 7700# (F250) package? I know it was available in 99. It's one thing I'd like to have on my 97.
  • Options
    "wtking"
    The CD changer goes in the console just like the Expedition, that's why you have to get the Captains chairs and console. I don't believe you can get the 3.73 without the 7700"package. Also tell me more about the $400 dual exhaust etc. Just got my Y2K F-150 and am considering dual exhausts if not too pricey.
    Thanks,
    Bob
  • Options
    "bobh12"

Thanks for the info, it's what I thought, but thanks for the conformation. As far as the performance upgrades, I put a Gibson Split Rear Cat Back system on my truck. It gives you the look of dual exhaust, and the option of have the tailpipes run straight out the back, or to the sides, behind the rear wheels.(I ran mine to the sides)It gives the truck a throaty sound, but not too loud. I ordered it form Truck Performance Center in California, they have an 800 number, nobody I checked with could beat their prices, and installed it myself in an evening, in my garage, on a creeper. It was very easy. I also bought a K&N Gen II performance intake from the same place(again best price). This system replaces everything form your throttle body to the fender. The only thing reused is you mass air sensor. It includes a huge conical air filter, and an intake tube with a huge end by the filter, which tapers down to the size of your throttle body, creating a ram air effect. I installed this myself too in an evening, good instructions, very easy. Also, the beauty of both these systems, is you don't have to butcher your truck in any way, so if you're a diehard FORD guy like me, you can use them on your next truck, as they'll work on a 5.4 or 4.6 engine. I a little off on my prices, the exhaust delivered to my door was $270.98, and th K&N system was $194.98. I do alot of towing, a large boat, and enclosed snowmobile trailer,the difference with these mods is like night and day. I show my tail-lights to everyone, and sound good doing it. Take care!
  • Options
    "wtking"
    Thanks for the info I will surely check it out. I don't want it too loud, but a little throaty would be nice, and the added power, although my y2k 5.4l has more than my 97. Did yo get an increase in mpg also? Thanks again,
    Bob
  • Options
    "bobh12"

The mileage increased about 1 to 1.5 mpg. My truck gets about 18 to 18.5 on the highway, non-towing. I just got back from the ford dealer, my 97 lease is about up, and I'm trying to decide on a new truck. By the end of the day I had the dealer looking at what was left over in 99's.
    I don't like what Ford has done with the rear seat on the Y2K trucks, the way it folds up is
    dumb, the flip-fold seat on the 97-99 models was much better, I don't know why they changed it. Also I hate the big handle on the drivers side window piller, and they took away the "cubby" in the dash. Minor things I know, but important to me. Anyway, good luck with your truck!
  • Options
    abucsabucs Member Posts: 9
    Excellent description of performance exhaust and air additions to your truck. Please give an update in a week or so as to your continued performance improvements. Base on prior knowledge and motivated by your message I am strongly considering adding the same equip. to my Y2k 5.4 that is currently on order. Further, I am considering a Jacobs Ignition System. Anyway, awesome post, I'll watch for more.
  • Options
    n4lqn4lq Member Posts: 6
    Have you been able to find the distributor, spark plug wires and spark plugs? They really did a good job of hidding them!
  • Options
    modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    There is no distributor. Pretty sure there is no spark plug wires either if they went to the coil on plug setup. Only sure about coil on plug on the Mustangs, would imagine trucks would be the same.
  • Options
    "wtking"
    Thanks for the mileage info. I agree with your comment on the fold up back seat. It is the only thing I don't like about my Y2K. I don't really miss the little "cubby" in the dash probably because I didn't use it much. As for thre drivers side grab handle, useful for shorter folks to get in, especially if you have a 4X4 with the 17 inch wheels. So far 1100 miles, no problems or vibrations etc like others have reported. Quieter than my 97 Lariat, and of course more power and torque, seems a lot smoother, and doesn't work as hard negotiating the mountains here in Colorado. Alos noticed the tranny shifts a lot smoother too, used to get some real hard shifts at times with the 97. good luck on replacing your 97, mine was a lease also.
    Bob
  • Options
    p928p928 Member Posts: 5
    I am about to order a Y2K F150 XLT Ext.cab Long Bed. Need info regarding the limited slip diff. and ratios - how is the mileage affected?
    Second, I always get my trucks w/manual trans. (have a '95 F350 w/a 5 sp. w/OD) but have heard
    a couple of negative postings about the manual on the 150. FYI, I am considering the heavy payload package. I really appreciate any help.
    Pete
  • Options
    There is a good site for F150 topics
    www.f150online.com
  • Options
    I'd agree with the comment about smooth shifting auto. I've not been a fan of automatics. I've driven manual trany autos for 30 years. I'm really quite pleased with the auto in this truck. Even moving it into and out of drive and reverse is accomplished smoothly with out a lot of banging and clunking around.
  • Options
    barlitzbarlitz Member Posts: 752
    Has anybody seen or know about the 2000 F-150 4x4 supercab 4dr with a 5.8 engine, is that a new engine or is it just for this particular model,it is called an L.A west conversion,very sharp and mean looking truck,a dealer in my area got one and it was gone within a day,or is this the new sport model they have?
  • Options
    keith24keith24 Member Posts: 93
    "...a 2000 f150 super cab 4x4 with a 5.8l engine"? I've not heard of a new truck with a 5.8l. The 5.8l engine is one of the last generation motors offered in Ford trucks. (up to 1996) If I'm not mistaken, the 5.8 was the same motor as the 351. (dimentionally, at least)

I wish they WOULD offer it in the new trucks. I think its a better motor than the new stuff. Granted, gas mileage would suffer, and it wouldn't seem quite as "long-winded" out on the highway.

This is also the same motor that was put in the 1993 f150 Lightning.

keith24
  • Options
    bigsnagbigsnag Member Posts: 394
    The 351 is 5.7 L. I feel that the new motors are far superior to the old ones, save the 300 6 cyl.

BTW, the new Lightning smokes the old ones.

Kind of off the subject, but has anyone heard about a 6.1 L to go in the Mustangs?
  • Options
    leathal02leathal02 Member Posts: 114
    350 is the 5.7
  • Options
    modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    5.7 is 350, 5.8 is 351. Ford SVT or FRP or SVE whatever they are calling themselves did do a stroked 351(5.8l) out to a 6.1 it was a prototype. Salleen still does 351 mustangs that are EPA legal due to his small volume specialty vehicle status.
  • Options
    hutch7hutch7 Member Posts: 88
    I've been reading with interest the info on stress cracks on the doors of F-150's...so I just stepped outside to check my truck and sure enough...the paint is cracked on both the right and left sides exactly where the crack is supposed to be located, I assume the sheet metal is cracking under the paint. I'm off to the dealer in the morning to report this problem while the truck is still under warranty.Anyone know what Ford is doing about this problem?
  • Options
    p928p928 Member Posts: 5
    I'm ordering my new '00 F150 XLT EX.Cab LB - I always buy manual trannies but heard that the one on 150's are simply too weak. Anyone has any comments coming from experience? I plan to use the truck AS A TRUCK and don't want that thing to clunk out on me.
    Thanks
    Pete
This discussion has been closed.