Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Year 2000 Silverado

planejaneplanejane Member Posts: 167
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Anyone order next year's Silverado yet? Would
just like to hear about your experiences...

Comments

• mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    Yeah...I got one coming in less than 4 weeks
    2000 Black 3/4 Ext.Cab 6.0 4:10 Short Box

Check out my post in Topic 765 - #14

Better order now...or else you are going to be bummin' like I was....started with a 99 in March...ended up being a 2000 in August. Will be even longer wait soon!

Good Luck

Check out Topic 765 - #14

Tim
    I was at the dealer today and they DO have 2000 prices in the system. A 3/4 ton LT Ext.Cab base price went up $136...all the options appear to be the same.
  • msmolly259msmolly259 Member Posts: 1
    Just ordered my 2000 Silverado LS yesterday. Getting an extended cab, short bed with everything I want. Was looking for a 1999, but they are as scarce as hens teeth. As it is, the one I'm getting will take about 12 weeks to arrive. Seems like a good buy at just $750 over the sticker price.
  • teaboy022teaboy022 Member Posts: 59
    Hey All

Im glad yall are having so much fun picking out your 2000 Trucks.... My Dealer still hasnt any info on them. Not even a price list.

I dont see how that is possible because of the way information is sent through computers but he swears he hasnt any info on the truck yet.

Still Waiting....
    All the computers should be hooked up to the same database...when GM wants to change something..they change one file and all the dealers have the new info.

Your dealer is pulling your leg....unless he is a complete moron.....call a different dealer...if he says same thing....call another one

The info is out there...and every day that goes by.. Hundreds of people are getting their orders in before you......If you want it before the year end...act now!

Good Luck

Tim
  • evergreenevergreen Member Posts: 213
    "$750 over sticker price"

Your sure know how to make a car salesman smile :-)
    We know what you mean...
  • planejaneplanejane Member Posts: 167
    I think you paid alot for your truck! I paid $700 over INVOICE (what the dealer pays-or so what they let us know they pay, maybe there's "invoice" and "actual invoice"). I don't know for sure.. but sometimes, when a vehicle is in high demand, dealers will sell them for near MSRP (sticker) or over sticker. And if you won't pay that and the vehicle is THAT MUCH in demand, a dealer might tell you to try and get a better deal somewhere else.

Sometimes, we just can't win.
    If it's $750 over sticker...Holy Shnikes!!

Depends on where you are I guess....The local dealer down the street here has about 30 Silverados in stock....No 3/4's though...

it's all relative I guess...
  • r_arnoldr_arnold Member Posts: 6
    I picked up my 2000 LT Thur...$28000 out the door.
  • cr3cr3 Member Posts: 42
    supply and demand here in n.y. silverado extendos are in high demand. i ended up paying1000 over invoice after tons of research and that did not iclude dealer hold back. i also just purchased a 99 3500 van there [nice truck] and sent a freind there who also bought a 99blazer. i feel when my 2000 silverado comes in i deserve abetter deal. dont you. but i have a contract and down pmyt.[1000] i still feel i can get a better deal. help.@#$% cr3
    p.s. does any body have a 4.3 v6. i went with it and was hoping its enough
  • dave40dave40 Member Posts: 582
    4.8 270hp
    5.3 285hp
    6.0 325hp
    New cam's for the 2000 models
    can any body respond to 11 & 12
    sorry about that
    Hell yeah you deserve a better deal!
    Just tell whoever you are not happy..remember they are getting another 3% of the MSRP after the deal!

I know it would work here in Michigan....dunno about NY though??

can't help with the 4.3 issue....have always been a fan of 350 or larger...one of the main reasons I went with the 6.0....Lot's of people are happy with the 5.3..but in the long run....They are not gonna cut the mustard.....All depends on how you treat them I guess??....I hammer them up and down....so maybe they would last for a calmer driver? I'm not a fan of Alum.heads on small engines that make a fair amount of HP. Just my opinion...That's wahy they make all kinds of choices...not all of us are the same.

Good Luck

Tim
  • mledtjemledtje Member Posts: 1,123
    I've driven the 4.3 and wound up ordering the 4.8 V-8 because of my camper. Fully loaded my truck (std cab long bed 4x4) weighed in at 6500lbs. The 4.8 was plenty of power.

For an empty or lightly loaded truck the 4.3 is a nice engine. And you'll get over 20mpg.

When fully loaded, the V6 will pull the load, not as fast, but it will pull it. The V6 has more power than my old 59 pickup with a 283 had. And nobody ever said the old trucks were underpowered, they were just trucks. If you want a truck, the V6 is fine. If you want a fast car, maybe you should buy a Camaro.

Mike
  • RichinKsRichinKs Member Posts: 412
    Mike, do you think I need a Camero to pull my fifth wheel? At least I can probably get a better delivery date on a Camero than on a Silverado. I'll just put a fifth wheel hitch in the middle of the rear hatch and rever up and pop the clutch. Seriously, there were no fifth wheels at least the size they are made today when the 283 was popular. ...... Rich
  • jlee1jlee1 Member Posts: 4
    Ordered a '99 Silverado LS on 3/18. Chevy could'nt
    build me a '99 so I got a '00 instead. Total price
    difference was $301 which the dealer promptly of-
    fered to split with me. I agreed (along with a few
    other concessions on thier part). The deal was $500 over invoice. Got a 4.8L 5 spd reg cab short
    box Z-71. I'm real happy with this truck.
  • ovalleyovalley Member Posts: 135
    Has anyone been able to confirm the price lists published by Kelly Blue Book and Car Wizard web pages with what GM says? The price increase in the Base LS 2wd SB has only gone up about $30 according to the internet sources. Most options are the same, engine options went up a little.
  • teaboy022teaboy022 Member Posts: 59
    I just went down to my dealership last week and had them print me out a price sheet...

I checked with the kbb and they match up....

Prices havent gone up much ... basically same options too... The engines went up a little but also they have a little added hp too :P
  • haulinhaulin Member Posts: 17
    I have heard that the HP went up in 2000, but have yet to see it on paper or GM web site. Does anyone have any documentation on this?
  • kernickkernick Member Posts: 4,072
    I placed an order 7/31 for a 2000 LS. I went in with the kbb printout, handed it to them and said here's what I want. I sat down at the computer with them and the total MSRP came up exact to the penny. Their computer of course didn't have Invoices only MSRP.
    As I said above, the kbb report was exactly on for every option compared to the GM computer at the dealer. I just verified that sheet and what you have above for the KBB price is what I saw too. I believe there have been some price increases since the '99's were introduced and for the model year 2000. I would guess the others have old or '99 prices.
    For the 99 model..carwizard was exactly on the money also?...
  • shamptonshampton Member Posts: 53
    Just placed an order for a 2000 Silverado LS 4x4 yesterday

How much time should I expect to wait for an order number and subsequent build date?

Dealer advises approx. 10-12 weeks for delivery.

However, he also told me that 4th door was not an option. According to GM - it is on Extended Cab's - option E24

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.
    Dealer is right on for time.

4th door not available till November or later.

- Tim
    I went to the dealer 7/31 and gave them my order. I received an Order # on 8/10. They get their allocation once a week. The salesman said that by 8/24 the factory should confirm the order #, at which time I get a Build-date.
    Dealer said total time to delivery is 8 - 12 weeks. We shall see.
    Oh my order is 1500 LS Ext. Cab w 5.3, 3.73, 4x4 w/Z-71 and Autotrac.
    orderd mine 7/7/99 had allocation by 8/1/99 now have order number as off 8/19/99.dealer now tells me he is expecting build date the week of 9/6/99 and then 2-4 more weeks after that i could be driving it.a long wait, but should be worth it. meanwile he has many 1999&2000s on the lot already, i just could not find the truck i wanted. p.s. & some really good deals too

he priced a extendo base w/auto,under 20,000 why would anybody buy a maxima,mazda,or any other rice burner for that matter.you mite as well get some heavy metal for your money.
    oh, forgot to mention that same chevy dealer has brand new 1998 models [ck] too!!! cr3
  • dallisdallis Member Posts: 8
    wondering who is still waiting, how long for build date,order #s,allocation ect.were are exendo cabs comming from!mars maybe*
  • lukomskilukomski Member Posts: 6
    I ordered my 2000 Ext cab 4x4 over 6 weeks ago. I got tired of waiting to hear from my dealer for an order number so I called them up. The salesman says he is sure that they ordered my truck, but the guy who runs the computer that looks the info up was off, so they said they would call back Tuesday morning. They never called, so I called them back on my lunch break. The salesman passed me right off to the computer guy who proceded to explain to me the allocation system, and that my order had not been taken, and may never get taken. This upset me a little. I understand the allocation problem, but the fact that they didn't explain this to me when I placed the order upset me a little more.

I went in to get my $500 doller deposit back (which they had already cashed and deposited) and told the salesmen what the computer guy had said. The computer guy happend to be in the next office talking to his boss. I guess his comment to me on the phone was inapropriate to tell a customer, because he proceeded to call me a liar in front of his boss and everyone standing around. This infuriated me.

I got my deposit back and went to a dealer about 40 mins away who I had heard good things about. They had just got a shipment of 2000's a couple of days before and had one on the lot I wanted. It was about $2000 more than the one I tried to order, but had everything I wanted plus a lot of extra's I wasn't going to order. Needless to say, I bought the truck from that dealer and cost my local dealer a lot of money. I have drove past the local dealer and waved every day since I have owned my truck.

I am very happy with the truck and look foward to many years of good service from it and my new dealer.
    great storybut im down to the nitty gritty and im starting to feel like tim did in the end.oh well guess ill have to drool every time you guys drive by. all the ones i see here are light pewter,lightpewter,lightpewter.
  • buschenabuschena Member Posts: 5
    Going in with the printout sounds like a
    great strategy. I'm thinking about trying
    the same method. Just curious, did you approach the salesman first, or go right to the person
    who can make a decision?
    Yeah I went right to the salesman, who had flipped me the keys for a testdrive the week before. I don't think I would have done any better with the manager.
    I figured if they gave me a decent price, I wouldn't push to try and "win" an extra $100 or so. What's the difference over say 5 years if you pay $27,800 or $28,000 for the truck. If you can get what you want without driving all around or to a dealer 50 miles away - I'll take it.
    Anyway I placed my order 7/31. Got an order # 2.5 weeks later, but don't have a "Builddate" yet. How is anyone else doing?
  • moudry1moudry1 Member Posts: 61
    AFTER ADDING A HUNDRED BUCKS OR SO TO MY PHONE BILL I DID LOCATE TWO IDENTICAL 2000 4X4 2500 EXT.CAB LONG BEDS THAT MEET MY SPECS.THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS ONE HAS THE FIRM RIDE WHILE THE OTHER HAS THE STANDARD. ANYONE TRY BOTH? WHICH HAS THE BETTER RIDE? 1,000 OVER INVOICE IS THE BEST I CAN DO FOR THIS NEAR NON-EXISTANT TRUCK?
    Although I have not driven the Standard one....The Firm ride on My 2000 2500 is very smooth...while also being very stiff...if that makes sense?

Don't think you would want it any less firm.

- Tim
    THANX FOR THE INFO TIM ALTHOUGH I NO LONGER HAVE TO CHOOSE. THE ONE WITH THE STANDARD RIDE IS SOLD. GOING ON DOWN TO THE DEALER IN THE A.M. TO WORK SOME NUMBERS.BIIIG NUMBERS!
  • tim60tim60 Member Posts: 3
    This is my first post. I ordered a GMO 200 Ext. cab 2wd LS. Dealer put in the order 9/10/99 and told me it would take 6-8 weeks. Now, having read all the posts pertaining to the silverado, I figure my order will actually take about 12 weeks. Does this sound acurate?

Also, my GMO price was discounted off the MSRP. I thought it was supposed to be discounted off the invoice. Is that not correct?
  • xam1xam1 Member Posts: 7
    We ordered 2000 Silverado LS ExtCab 1500 2WD LB on July 9, 1999. Dealer said 6 to 8 weeks delivery. However after 6 weeks dealer did not know the tenative build date (he knew) so I called Chevrolet 800 number for customer service. Had to get file opened, was then transferred to supervisor and she advised me the build date is October 4th.

I called dealer and advised him, now he is pissed.
    THE AMOUNT YOU PAY FOR THAT TRUCK IS UP TO YOU. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE DEALER COST AND MSRP IS ABOUT $3,000. IF YOU GOT A $2500 BREAK FROM THE MSRP STICK WITH THE ORDER. $500 OVER INVOICE IS AN AVERAGE DEAL ON THESE TRUCKS, COULD GET AS GOOD AS $100 OVER. THE ONLY WAY TO BUY A VEHICHLE THESE DAYS IS TO GET ALL THE FACTS BEFORE YOU SHOP. EDMONDS IS AN EXCELLANT SOURCE FOR INVOICE PRICING. WHEN YOU KNOW THE DEALER COST ON YOUR TRUCK AND ALL THE INCLUDED OPTIONS YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TO PAY. IF THIS DEALER WON'T GO $500 OVER OR LESS GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE WHO WILL. I CAN'T HELP AS FAR AS THE ORDERING GOES I FOUND MY TRUCK WITH A DEALER SEARCH.
  • mfreemanmfreeman Member Posts: 37
    The GMO price is based on the MSRP. You find the MSRP and then reduce it by the % given in the GM discount book and that is the cost of the car or truck, then you have to add shipping and tax. As a employee, you could care less about invoice, the only number that means anything to you is MSRP.

The price should fall close to the actual cost the dealer pays (about 3% lower then invoice). Then GM pays the dealer about 5%-8% MSRP for his(her) labor and time. In the end you get a great deal, and the dealer makes a good profit.

NOTE: Don't let the dealer tell you that you are some kind of second class customer. I've had dealers tell me that GM my stop orders to employees to fill other orders, but if you read in the book, after they take the order, we have the same rights as any other buyer. Good luck

Hope this helps,
    Mike Freeman
    My GMO price was about $1500 under Invoice.

- Tim
    I was thinking of calling GM or Chevy directly myself too. I've been waiting since 7/31. I' not in a panic yet, but in a few weeks I'm going to be looking at options.
    Also, why is the dealer pissed? why should they care? why do you think the dealer knew and wouldn't tell you? You'd be more likely to buy off-the-lot if you didn't know there was a builddate given.
  • bucks2bucks2 Member Posts: 3
    JUST GOT MY 2000 3/4 LT 3.73 COULDN'T BE HAPPIER.
    CHOOSE IT OFF THE LOT ALL OPTIONS I WANTED
    REAR LOCKER
    TRIALER TOW PACKAGE
    DUAL BATTERIES
    5TH WHEEL WIRERING
    THE WORKS
    I'M GETTING 12.5 TO 13MI TO THE GALLON
    AROUND TOWN.
  • bucks2bucks2 Member Posts: 3
    I PAYED 500$ OVER INVOICE WITH ON HASSELL
    FROM THE SALES REP. AT ALL.
    THEY ALSO GIVE ME THE INVOICE WITCH HAD THE SAME PRICES IS POSTED HERE ON THIS SITE.
  • peteraypeteray Member Posts: 4
    I went to a Chevy Dealer in Troy, MI this morning to order a 2000 Silverado LS (GMO). I was told that the Locking Differential, Trailering Package, and 5.3L engine are all on constraint. The saleswoman wouldn't even process the paperwork or take a deposit (after consulting her manager). For those who are more familiar with this process (this is my first new vehicle), should I just go to another dealer? I'm willing to wait for the truck, but I think they're giving me the runaround. It seems to me they should be able to take the order, and it will get built when it gets built.
  • dmickdmick Member Posts: 28
    Check your truck for the 5th wheel wiring harness.I have a 2000 3/4 LS with the option and they did not install it on my truck. Dealer is putting it in tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.