Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-2X

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Maybe they'll offer deeper discounts as time goes on.

Holy cow, though, $18k is less than a used WRX!

I don't even need a small car and I might buy one. LOL

-juice
  • snaab1snaab1 Member Posts: 14
    OK, I'll share. The $18,700 price for the 9-2X Aero 5MT w/ only the cold weather package was quoted to me from the SAAB Exchange in Lake Bluff, IL, north of Chicago. If you are still around the Lafetyette, IN area, Purduealum, that is not too far for you. I talked to a guy named Micah (pronounced "Mike-uh") on Monday 5/2/05. The phone number is (866) 878-9903. The car is silver.

The $18,425 price for the base Aero 5MT was from Concours Motors in Milwaukee. My wife deleted the e-mail already, but the guy I spoke to there I think was named Derek (800) 611-2057. I too was surprised to find a real life "base" Aero with neither the sport, cold weather or the other package.

And Juice did not believe me! That really hurts my feelings :cry:
  • wolftimwolftim Member Posts: 34
    I just bought a new 9-2x Aero last night. When I went there they were offering 6000 in Saab rebates and 1000 in GM Hotbutton rebates for a grand total of 7000. My Saab was 29,595. It came with a moonroof, manual transmission, and 17" rims. Rebates dropped it to 22,959. Stripped out you can get a 9-2x for less than 20K with a manual. Auto adds about 1200 but takes away a good bit of fun factor. Before you buy check to see if they have an executive car available for purchase. They had one at the dealership in Fife, WA. There slightly used but you can save an additional 5k. The car is great to drive and it is very hard to pass up 7000 in rebates.
  • purduealum91purduealum91 Member Posts: 285
    Arent you getting this car? For that price, I should trade in my 2004 Element! A new WRX for less than $19k. Holy Cow!
    both pick up a 9-2X. I cant believe these prices. Is maintenance included in these prices?
    Im in Plano, IL, about 60 miles west of downtown Chicago.
    or program cars?
    Aero? Thanks!
    Congrats wolftim on your new purchase. What color? Keep us posted as you put some miles on it.

Purduealum - I'm in Milwaukee, and I can't get the car until I can get out of my 9-3 lease. My wife really likes the 9-2X in red, but not enough to get rid of her minivan. I even phrased my argument that the minivan is not that much different than a (9-2X) station wagon, but that didn't work. I better not push it, especially on Mother's Day.

(Hmmm, If only Saab made a turbocharged, 5-speed minivan...)
    I'm just in shock! :surprise:

If you're a GM employee you can get a Linear in the high $13s!

That's Aveo price levels...

:)

-juice
    Even though Im not an employee, my price should be $500 or so higher? Is Fitz discounting the Linears that much?
    Thanks snaab1. It's silver and it is a blast to continue to drive. The more I drive it the better it gets. The AWD works great even in the rain. I'll keep all posted. As more people buy it, more people can back up my stories.
    because no one will come close the $18,700 price for an Aero 5 speed with cold. Best I have gotten so far is Invoice - $7,000. Not good enough. I emailed Saab Exchange to no avail.
  • harbachjharbachj Member Posts: 51
    I think invoice minus $7000 is about the best you will do unless it's a demo, you are a GM employee, or you find a dealer that's desperate to get rid of in-stock car he's had for awhile. If they have to find you a car with color and equipment you want, I doubt you will do any better.
    $22.4k or so minus the $7000 would put it at $15.4k. But if you notice that chart had an even lower price for GM employees (vs. suppliers). That's how you could get it under $14, theoretically.

-juice
  • gregozgregoz Member Posts: 6
    I can back up the comments of wolftim. I picked up my 9-2x Aero, with Sport and Cold packages this weekend. What a super-fun car to drive and the price just cannot be beat (I am a GM family member). It handles like a dream (however, our other two cars are a Jeep Wrangler and a Chevy Tahoe, so consider the source!)
    I just want to get past the 1,000 mile break-in period so I can punch it
    What was your final price? Was it under 20k before taxes?

-juice
    Yes, it was just a few hundred under $20k plus tax and title. Of course, in CA at least, you are taxed on the pre-rebate price, so that is something to keep in mind. For what it's worth: CA DMV fees = $241.
    MD too, they tax you on the pre-rebate price.

-juice
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,691
    That is a lot of car for the money... No way that I would get a WRX wagon, rather than the 9-2X... Of course, if you want a sedan....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Or roof rails for a roof rack, which the WRX has standard.

Also, parts availability is better for the Subie, as we saw in one case in this very thread.

But in all honesty if the 9-2x cost less I'd pick that and take the free service.

-juice
    I also think the Saab comes with a Waspyish early-'30s female sporting the "Annie Hall" look..

Part of the premium package, I think... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kydfx, that was pretty funny.
    That's exactly the visual I get in my head of an early 80's Saab driver.
    Around me one of those women drove around with personalized plates that read:

SNAAB

-juice
    I used to use the Volvo 240, but they don't make those anymore..

It was a lot funnier in the '80s, when people actually remembered "Annie Hall"..

Thanks for the thumbs up...

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jasmith52jasmith52 Member Posts: 462
    There has been some misinformation posted above about the GM employee pricing.

The big discount (including rebates and cash) is on the Aero version of the 9-2. The Linear version gets $1500 less cash rebate.

If you can find a base Aero version, the GM employee net price is around $17.5k for the base Aero and around $15.5k for the base Linear version (plus taxes of course). These prices include all of the rebates, and the employee price, plus an extra $1000 employee-only discount that is good until May 31st.
    I stand corrected.

$15.5k is still Elantra prices. Not Aveo, though. ;)

-juice
  • wale_bate1wale_bate1 Member Posts: 1,982
    Comes with the hat and everything?

What they won't think of these days...
    They are trying really, really hard to move these cars....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Member Posts: 1,058
    I have not visited this board in a while. Prices are unbelievable.

According to th GMfamilyfirst site -

9-2X Aero 27,645
    GM emp disc 25.425
    cash back -6000
    hot button cash -1000
    employee bonus cash-1000

final price is $17,425!

The car at sticker is over priced. But, at these prices it is a heck of a deal.
    With taxes it would be $18,950 in MI - pay tax on the rebate.
    Yes. Sorry I failed to mention that.
  • wale_bate1wale_bate1 Member Posts: 1,982
    I understand fixating on Suzanne Sommers in a T-Bird but Dianne Keaton in a SAAB?

Sure does seem like one heck of a deal no matter who you fantasize about.
  • saaby92xsaaby92x Member Posts: 8
    Aero w/ 5-spd manual. Paid the employee price 17,425K.
    No options. Its shipping out from the port and could be in
    by end of the week. Can't wait ......!!!!
  • jasmith52jasmith52 Member Posts: 462
    Saaby92x:

Since you received the employee price on your purchase, Are you indeed a GM employee and are you eligible for the employee price.

Or did you somehow get a better deal than most could ?
    I might buy two at that price...sheesh! :surprise:

-juice
    As near as I can tell, the supplier price is about $1K over the employee price... Still a very good deal..

I really like the Mazda 3S hastchback.. but, I don't think I could make a case for it, compared to the 9-2X Aero... Even though they are about $10K apart comparably equipped, the actual price paid difference would be about $4K or less, and for that you get 227HP vs. 160HP and AWD... Plus free maintenance for 2 years..and some other goodies not offered on the Mazda...

Just giving up a little in the looks department..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Even then, I like both, I'd rate them about equal.

-juice
    Saaby92x,

Do share with us the name of your dealer. Please tell me you are not a GM employee. For that price, its a no brainer.
    They said they paid the employee price.. I took that to mean they were an employee.... :confuse:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• saaby92xsaaby92x Member Posts: 8
    Yep, I was eleigible for the discount as an ex-employee The clock was ticking on
    my eligibiliy expiration and this was as good a time as any to jump in.
    Btw, dealing with the dealer was a breeze, I took in the flyer for the discount price
    and there was zero negotiating involved. Add tax and tags and I came out a smidgen under $18.5K.
    If I am to believe the dealer there are only 5 stripped down Aero 5-speed artic silver cars left for 05, well only 4 now :-).
    Btw, the demo car I test drove had the 17in rims. Can anyone comment on how much the 16 inchers degrade cornering/handling???? Made sense to me to sacrifice some handling for all weather drivability. Too bad they dont offer the moonroof standalone.
    And, oh, dealer is VOB Saab in suburban DC.
    I drive my Saab every day and I love it. Just a heads up to all in the market. When you go to the dealer ensure you find out what is covered by the free 2 year maintenance. Oil changes are not. The 2 years free will save you money just not on everything.
    The dealer I spoke with said they were included. Hmmmm
    2yr/24K on the 9-2X....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Man, if only I could get this car for $17,500 like saaby92x..

At the end of the month, I will talk to the dealer more seriously.
    My dealer said no oil changes and it wasn't the first time I had heard about it. That's why I knew to ask about it to verify before I got my hopes up. If your dealer includes it then bonus for you.
    It is right on the website.. Scheduled maintenance included for 2yr/24K.. I don't know how long ago you bought your car.... maybe it wasn't offered then... or maybe you asked for an oil change before it was due... But, if Saab includes it and your dealer won't do it.... I would be making phone calls...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    It looks like there might not be a 9-2x Aero for '06.

Bob
    From the looks of the link on your comment, there will be a 9-2x Aero just no improvements made. I could be wrong. I also already heard that they are still making all froms of the 9-2x in 2006.
  • rick77grick77g Member Posts: 8
    There might be more than 4 stripped down Aero 5 speed artic silvers left. I was shopping in both New Mexico and Texas and got different answers as to availability. It turns out that Texas along with many southern states must order them from Miami port distribution, while New Mexico orders them from a different port distribution site.
This discussion has been closed.