Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X3

Comments

• markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    My wife did NOT shock me, but we do have just a tinge of guilt. Why? We broke away from Audi for the first time -- well, virtually ever.

Order placed TODAY for a new BMW X3 3.0 with:

Premium
    Cold
    Sport
    Servotronic
    Upgraded Sound system
    Sirius Sat Radio
    Sat Nav
    Winter front mats (thrown in, wheeeeee!)
    Six speed manual

Gloss Black
    Teracotta leather

Quoted 75 days build time. Delivery on or after May 31, 2005.

MSRP $45,065

Sec deposit: $600

Lease 36 mo/15,000

Cap cost reduction (money from us) $250 -- long story, that happens to be the price of the servotronic which we did not originally configure and when I asked to change the order it was simply easier to give them the $250 in cash rather than rerun the whole deal -- however it did lower the lease payment a whopping $4.00 -- to $581/mo which includes tax. Oddly, her 2003 TT was $41,000+ and with the same deal was $709.27/mo.

Outgoing (about 3 or 4 months from now): 2003 Audi TT 225HP coupe/quattro (her third TT in a row and our 27th Audi since 1977).

No real regrets [just a bit of guilt for leaving Audi after almost 30 great years], we test drove and test drove and test drove. Until this decision, her first choice was a new A4 3.2 (wanted bluetooth and stick, but would have taken the Audi without it -- and would have paid a little more for the Audi over the Bimmer but not $103 per month more which was what the A4 was.) She said she needs something a little bigger than a TT.

The sport package is stiffer than standard, BTW, but the improvements are very noticeable.

Since I will get to drive this about 10% or less of the time, I couldn't be happier for her. I hope the BMW products are equal to or better than their reputations. From what I can tell by many of the postings, BMW owners/drivers seem overall pleased with their purchases.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    So... Sweeney or the BMW Store?

Good deal, by the way...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

BMW store -- that's right I forgot you are a "local" and that would mean something.

Not supposed to mention sales people, but I can tell you ALL the people were very professional and personable.

That didn't hurt, but that was NOT the motive -- we actually have long long term relationships with the folks at the Audi Connection (hmm since 1977 as I recall).
    My wife's new X3 will have bluetooth -- the BMW website lists some phones that are known to work with the BMW blutooth implementation.

Recently, T-Mobile has come out with a new Blackberry with bluetooth.

Does anyone have any experience or information that would tell us if this phone/pda will work with the BMW bluetooth standard?

Or, do we have to just test it to see if it works?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    WOW, for your wife to choose an X3 must really mean something. You're pretty much the resident Audi expert here in TH, but I suspect you will not be dissapointed.

While I can't say much about the X3 (except that I think it is a nice vehicle), I can tell you that BMW's cars are built very well. My parents have an '02 A6 3.0 Quattro that they're turning in next week after an excruciating 3 year lease. My Dad has an '04 X5 3.0iA w/ Sport Package that he LOVES driving (and which has gone back to the dealer once in 23,000 miles for an oil change at 17K) while my Mom replaced her A6 with an '05 530iA that she can't praise enough. Good luck with your truck and welcome to the BMW family.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• heckp83heckp83 Member Posts: 4
    Does anybody know where the bluetoothe module on the X3 3.0 '05?
  • x3for3x3for3 Member Posts: 25
    I assume when press my key to open the door, the driver seat and outside mirrors will go to positions that have been programmed in memory to my preference. But only the mirrors not the seat.

Anybody knows the right way to do this?

Thanks
    I neglected to properly identify the features and options of my wife's new X3 completely:

X3 3.0
    6 speed manual
    Premium
    Sport
    Cold
    Xenons
    Parktronic
    Servotronic
    Sat Navigation
    Premium Sound
    Sirius Sat Radio

Gloss black
    Teracotta Leather

Munich received the order March 18th.

Bluetooth is "included" with Premium as is BMW assist, a sort of On*star feature.
    Just got my X3 3.0 and a lot vehicle and key settings are not on my car: like the audible sound from car alarm, path light, and seat positions memory with keys, etc.

How do I get all these on my car?
    Usually, when you get a new BMW, they will program your keys and settings the first time.. It might take an hour to get all of the options programmed..

After that, they usually charge the hourly labor rate for changes...

Call up your salesperson, and tell them your keys were never programmed to your preferences, and that you need it done..

They shouldn't charge you for the initial programming.. If they do, squawk about it...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can I get an instruction manual on how to program the keys or this can only be done at the dealer? I have tried everything but no results.

Thanks
    Dealer...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Got my 05 X3 3.0 last week and love it! Had a 98 328i and this drives just like that and better because of Xdrive and other safety features. Post this for anyone into buying an X3.
    The only surprise I have got is that there is no alarm system standard on this car. It came with the 98 328i. This one has only some kind keyless entry system.
    I need some opinions if an alarm system is neccessary on this car.

Thanks
  • lexusrockslexusrocks Member Posts: 56
    The BMW X3 is pure ugly. If you thought the Aztek looked bad, look at this vehicle. The rear tailights appear mismatchd, as if they come from another vehicle. So much for sleek German styling. The interior is disappointing, as it lacks wood and seems ugly in black color.
    Who do you represent and who ask for your comment and opinion about the X3 in this forum? I feel the same way about your car, what is it? A Lexus? Why pay so much for a Toyota that's made in Canada?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    ... don't feed the trolls! :-)

tidester, host
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Most vehicles, BMW included, have what's called anti-theft keys, it's a transponder, resistance based system that prohibits stealing the car, or makes it harder, i.e. longer to do so, no screw driver jobs anymore. The Transponder is located in the key, in BMW's instance the actual ignition ring reads the code. All makes offer similar types of systems, older GMs used to put the resistor right on the key, easy to read, easy to steal. With that being said, can someone steal your car, yes, but highly unlikely. The anti-theft system does not however protect the contents of your vehicle. So if you have a lap top, on your passenger seat someone, can smash and grab it. Aftermarket alarms will not prevent any thief from getting into your car, they are simply deterants. If you do decide to have one installed go to a reputable shop, often times dealerships BMW included sub this work out, you want an installer that has worked on your car before (X3). Ask questions, experienced installers will take the time to explain the work they will perform, they can also tell you in advance what panels will need to be removed. "ALL" experienced installer refer to prints to locate wiring, and test with A DMM, "NOT A TEST LIGHT" computer safe of not, could harm the electronics. I'd advise against a circuit city, best buy, the installers there generally do not have the experience to work on newer cars (BMWs are one of the more difficult cars to work on electronically). One last thing to consider is that depending on where the wires that need to be tapped into are located, door panels and the under dash may need to be removed, possibly being damaged by an inexperienced installer, the panels are also not "virgin" any longer If that makes sense (wow haven't used that word in a awhile)

Lastly, the X3 is quite ugly, and yes I'm a previous Lexus owner. I killed "Markcin" who bought one and I'm even considering one now, Those Aztec owners may get some more company, wow I'm a hypocrite!!!
  • roentroent Member Posts: 3
    I got my X3 3.0 about a month ago and have a few questions. Has anybody had problems with their remote. Mine seem really finicky and works about 2/3 the time. Does anyone have similar experiences and remedies.

Anybody got a tow hitch on their X3. How does it look? Got any pictures?

Anybody got a back compartment liner? Got any recs?

Thanks
  • rick4rick4 Member Posts: 15
    I test drove a 3.0 with the manual trans yesterday. This is a very nice vehicle. My concern is that the clutch pedal seemed to spring up very quick and was difficult to modulate from a standing start. Once I got going thru the gears, it was great. I have never driven a BMW before. I drive an older Alfa Spider and I am used to a nice easy soft clutch pedal. Is this how all beemers drive, or will it loosen up after a few thousand miles?
  • motordavidmotordavid Member Posts: 39
    X3s and X5s w/man.trans, come with a CDV: Clutch Delay Valve. S'posed to smooth out the take up action on press.plate,etc. What it does in practice is make the shift/clutch action from stop and between gears, feel a bit awkward and "not connected". Some X owners get a reputable BMW privateer shop to replace the CDV w/a dummy unit; really can't be detected via looking, by BMW Stlr. A hundredish buck deal plus a lil'labor...not really DIY. The "feel" after tossing CDV, is like day and night. A mod to consider, if you get the man.trans. BR,md
  • newbmer1newbmer1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have the same problem w/ the Remote Keyless Entry, I brought it back to the dealer twice already, telling them it works intermittently and somehow usually don't work at or near my house (unless I put my arm up and w/in an inch to the rear antenna!!!).

They told me it is working "perfectly" at the dealership - I don't think they did anything about it and probably think I'm crazy - but I just picked up the X3 again and to my dismay, it simply would not work when I pulled into my usually parking spot. What on earth could be the problem? Somekind of interference from outer space??? I've had 4 other remote keyless cars/suvs before and NEVER had to deal w/ this kind of nuisance. Anyone has any thoughts on how to fix it? How do I convince the dealership there is truly sth wrong w/ it? Will they be able to reprogram it or something?

Thanks to anyone who could help me on this issue!!! I really would appreciate it if I could carry my books and groceries and tennis rackets out of the car w/out dropping everything on the ground just to lock the stupid car!!!
  • the_wormthe_worm Member Posts: 10
    I had the same problem... the dealers know about this issue. Visit your dealer and tell them about your key problem and also tell them to look up BMW bulletin SI B 66 01 04 (dated 12/2004) to cure the problem. Basically they need to replace the antenna in the mirror. I am waiting for my replacement mirror but they made me come in for a day to "see for themselves" what a pain!
    . . .but we have, for other reasons, stopped by the dealer and have evaluated and re-evaluated the look of the X3. I do understand the issues some folks have with the interior.

I can only repeat that we ordered the car in gloss black with Premium and Sport -- we chose the birch (I believe, anyway) wood and the terracotta (looks like a kindof ruddy baseball glove leather) leather. We upscaled any and everything we could to crank this little dude to just south of $46K (and with a 3.0 and manual tranny). The "car" drives with the sport package very much like a BMW (we test drove several regular sedans).

And, the sport seats and the trim that comes with the Premium package do NOT (to my eye) make the X3 look like some bargain basement cheapie.

Now, I think, personally (sorry dear), that BMW interiors are not as nice as Audi's (for instance), in fact I have often wondered if it isn't possible to have an ultimate driving machine with a great interior. Kinda like you can have an exceptional interior or the handling and performance of a [BMW] fill in the blank.

I currently have an Audi allroad -- so you can see, there's no accounting for taste. I never thought I would have a station wagon -- and no matter how hard I try (even with the thing on suspension level 4), I can't get people to think of my allroad as a crossover vehicle, let alone an SUV or SAV (as BMW calls it).

So, the X3 -- to some -- may be an ugly duckling. Frankly, I don't see THAT much difference between the X3 and the X5 insofar as "beauty" is concerned.

I am looking forward to the X3, for many reasons (and coming from a TT -- my wife, that is -- this is a change), style and performance are on this list.

Sticks and stones will hurt my bones but trolls words will never faze me.

Guess if I switch from German to Japanese there will be cat calls and raspberries for my choice too. Bring it on.

And, while we're at it, what about the Chyco 300C -- some love it, some hate it. I say live it or live with it (Firesign Theater).
  • harplayrharplayr Member Posts: 70
    Well the old saying goes "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

I happen to like the way my X3 looks. It's nice, but not so nice that I'm afraid to use it as the vehicle was intended. I put my bikes, dog and materials inside, without fear of destroying the interior.

So for the nay-sayers out there, I say "to each his own"
  • tfd7tfd7 Member Posts: 2
    I have had nothing but problems with my X-3. I have had body creaks, problems with the windows, moonroof, noise, etc., which I bought from Difeo BMW in Tenafly, NJ. They have tried to fix the creaks 4x. Now, I am waiting for a window guide, which was ordered nearly three(3) weeks ago.

I have completely lost confidence in this X-3, and in BMW in general. Is anyone else having similar problems??????
  • eliebeeliebe Member Posts: 2
    I just ordered my new X3 as a lease with the satellite radio prep. installed for $75. Do I have to then order a $350 Sirius modulator or does the satellite radio just work with the $75 prep. If I have to pay $350 maybe I'm better off getting the portable satellite radios advertised for $99. Any thoughts?
  • jeff33jeff33 Member Posts: 22
    You would have to order the modulator. I guess it depends on how often you would use the portable. I had the modulator installed and I am not sorry. I love Sirius Radio and would never go back to FM/AM. I tend to listen to the radio in two places, in my car, and on the computer, so I have no use for a portable. By the way, the modulator does not include the subscription fee. I do not believe the portable includes it either.
  • beemcitybeemcity Member Posts: 50
    Folks, just wondering what people's experiences have been in installing a child infant car seat in the 04 X3's... I see in the manual it says to install on passenger side or drivers side, not center, using the anchors.. Anything I should be aware of before installing otherwise?
    thanks
    AAP
  • roentroent Member Posts: 3
    Make sure that if you have the rear side airbag option, turn it off before installing the seat.
    I've got the baby trends seat with the solid metal latch loc system. It takes literally 5seconds to put in the base. It's a bummer that the latch system in the beamer is not in the center since thats the safest place to put an infant.
  • gina8gina8 Member Posts: 1
    I have not driven the x5 yet. I do like the panaramic moonroof on the x3, but otherwise I don't know which to choose. Is the x3 more agile because of the lighter weight? My husband would like me to decide soon. I am also considering a Honda Pilot (practical side who worries about extra seating even though we only have one child) and Discovery 2004 (my husband's vote, even though I doubt that we will do much offroading.)Any opinions would be helpful.
  • jedjed Member Posts: 24
    I'm sure you know the x5 is due for revamping soon, which might be a consideration as it may have increased carrying capacity in seating and luggage.

My x3 2.5 has been a delight. The Pilot was high on my list based on capacities and good value, but in the end I opted for the better handling, more fun to me car.
    A message before yours referred to a man who reports having a lemon. One of his complaints is creaking. Others of us experienced that in the window area but there was a fix reported in an earlier posting (which could probably be located pretty quickly by using creak as a key word for earlier posts). We took it in to the dealer and gave the fix number, and the problem was readily resolved. That was at least six months ago and no sign of creak return. Or any other problems.

One other thought if you go for the x3: we bought a plain jane 2.5, but based on the current (I think) policy of giving you the moon roof and tiptronic transmission included in the price of the 3.0, I would probably make that choice. I was a little leery of getting the moon roof based on structural integrity issues, but I miss it (had it in other cars). I think the 3.0 deal would be pretty hard to pass up.

Another thought for those who may find the base interior hard to clean. Wiping with water hasn't worked for me, but taking a wet rag and bar of ivory soap to difficult spots, then wiping with a clean wet rag does the trick. We have a dog who puts her head on the window ledge and leaves spots that clean up easily with this method.
    Hope you enjoy your car hunting.
  • fiddellfiddell Member Posts: 9
    I'm not ready to call it a lemon yet but here are my problems to date, some of which have been resolved, but some which have not.

Creaks from windows. R
    Noise from sunroof. N
    Howling sound over 75 mph. R
    Passenger cup holder wouldn't open. R
    Passenger airbag sensor had to be replaced. R
    Radio stations presets - when switching stations the wrong stations pop up. N
    The remote won't open the doors unless I relock first, then try again. N
    The display for my navigation doesn't always open when engine is started. N
    And the latest: The gas guage has to be recalibrated.

R=Resolved
    N=Not Resolved

Hopefully for some of you the 2005 has less problems.
  • gfourgfour Member Posts: 13
    How can I get the larger wheels and tires with the premium package without the sport package? Is this an option that I am overlooking? I would like to add some meat to the standard look without spending a fortune. Thanks
    Unless you are opposed to the sport package, I'd go for it.

Here is why:

18" wheel / tire option is $500 (18 x 8.0 front, 18 x 9.0 rear; 235/50R-18 front, 255/45R-18 rear summer UHP tires) -- this requires the sport pacakge option (your total cost for this would be $2,000)

Sport package option is $1,500 (you do not need the 18" upgrade option since the sport package comes with 18" wheels & tires) - you get for $1,500:

Sport suspension calibration
    18 x 8.0 alloy wheels, 235/50R-18 (f/r) all-season UHP tires
    Shadowline exterior trim
    8-way power adjustable front sport seats with 2-way manual thigh support
    3-spoke leather-wrapped sport steering wheel

If you wanted to buy aftermarket 18" wheels and tires (decent, good looking but NOT from a BMW dealer), you wuld probably pay at least $1,250 plus shipping.

Your decision, from this point of view is ~$250 and you get all the other stuff (the seats and wheel alone are a great upgrade and the sport suspension with the current calibration firms the ride and control but does not take it to filling rattling like the original calibration did back in 2004.)

I bought aftermarket wheels and tires for my Audi allroad and it did indeed cost about $1,250 (plus mounting and balancing).
  • alaskan_otteralaskan_otter Member Posts: 28
    My problems are eerily similar:

Howling over 75: Not yet reported- waiting for the first service interval
    Passenger cup holder: Replaced during first month of ownership
    Airbag sensor : Will be replaced this week
    Camshaft sensor: Had to be reset
    Gas Gauge: Could be faulty-tank empty before reaching final mark

I still love the car - especially on the highway - but I'm really getting to enjoy the concierge service and Krispy Kremes in the service lounge, ahem. Even more so than I did with a Jeep. LOL
    Thanks,
    I got this a little late. Went and ordered one today sans sport package. Should be nice though, the wheels/tires combo on the 3 liter aren't embarrassing, at least. Thanks for your input.
    If you ordered it today, or yesterday, I assure you there is a window of time that the order can be amended. It may not be long (a few days) but I have amended orders in the past (from Audi, of course) but I assume the lag/lead time is there. Indeed, if you ordered the car yesterday, it is more than likely the order will not be transmitted to BMW Germany and BMWUSA until today.

The sport package is, IMHO, a bargain and you seem to be someone who would appreciate the uplevel seats, steering wheel and larger wheels and tires.

Good luck, either way.

Oh BTW, I did modify the order we placed for my wife's X3 two days after the order, we added Servotronic for $250. Since the paperwork was already done, I just gave them the $250 which had the magic effect of lowering the lease payment since the residual went UP!

First time I ever put money down on a lease ($250 on a $46,000+ car).
  • parniparni Member Posts: 14
    Hi there, Does anyone know how to hook up a Creative MP3 player directly into the sound system of the X3 (04 model)? We have tried a few of the FM modulators available out there but the sound quality is really bad, I read somewhere that there is an AUX cable ava at the dealer. Any addl info will be helpfull. thank you
  • jeffkieljeffkiel Member Posts: 48
    I have the AUX cable in my '05 for my iPOD and it works great. Very clean sound.
  • robertvrobertv Member Posts: 33
    I am also interested in this information. I have a Sony MD player and I would love to be able to hook it up to the stereo and controll it much like the iPod adapter. Any advice?
    I am also interested in this information. I have a Sony MD player and I would love to be able to hook it up to the stereo and controll it much like the iPod adapter. Any advice?
    Thanks, I used the wrong term. I didn't order it, I put my name on one in transit to NC port. I'll live with it this time. Glad to hear the ride is a bit less jarring than the '04 and even though I loved the Recaro's in my M3, they get damaged from blue jean buttons, etc. Hard for an old man to get in and out gracefully, I guess.
  • motorcity3motorcity3 Member Posts: 72
    Hello everyone. I am looking at purchasing an X3 in the next month or so. From the posts I have been reading here I don't exactly know what to think sometimes. I read about creaks and howls and sensors not working. Do we have more complaints than raving reviews of this car? I remember when I was researching the purchase of my 3-series in 2001 that board was mainly full of praise about the car. Opinions?

Thanks
    I can understand your conerns about what you've read on this forum as it had me a little worried as well. But in the end I think it has mainly to do with first model year problems. Most of the creaks, howls and sensor problems seem to be associated with the 2004 models. You don't seem to hear as many complaints about the 2005 models but I'm sure a few minor glitches still linger. When test driving the X3 I had these complaints in mind and could not duplicate them. I never heard a squeak on the doors, I went on the highway with the moon roof open and didn't hear a howl and overall thought the vehicle was worthy of my hard earned cash. The 2005 models also have some subtle upgrades that I think add up to a more professional appearance than the 2004 models. The door handles inside are nowmade of a brushed metal as opposed to plastic and the bottom door sill has a metal lining with the BMW logo.

As a side note on the complaints of the howling sound, this is just simple physics. With pretty much any car you if you lower just the rear windows you will get a howling sound but once you crack one of the front windows thw sound will go away. It's the same with the moonroof. I've heard that in the first open position you don't hear the howling sound but when its completely open you get the howling sound until you crack open one of the rear windows and the sound goes away. Cracking the window gives the wind somewhere to escape rather than creating the bottle top like effect that causes the howling sound.
  • jeffkieljeffkiel Member Posts: 48
    I have had my 2005 3.0i for 2.5 months, just over 2000 miles and no complaints at all. The SAV drives like a dream, no problems.
    Call us obsessive complusive and fussy test drivers (my wife and me) -- but we did indeed test the X3 extensively over more than one visit to the dealer and we tested both manual and automatics, sport and non sport equipped versions (we ONLY tested 3.0 engine versions, however).

We could not believe the difference between the stick and auto -- two completely different cars, with the stick the car drove like, well, a BMW. With the auto, left in auto mode, the transmission could never seem to stay in any one gear for more than 5 seconds without either up or down shifting -- once we got to the Interstate this behavior pretty much went away. My friend with an X5 3.0 exclusively drives his in manu-matic mode to prevent the hunting behavior.

Ultimately, we had the choice down to a new A4 3.2 or the BMW X3 3.0 -- equipped as she wanted each "car" the price came out to be Audi 3.2 $44K and BMW X3 3.0 $46K.

The Bimmer lease with no up fronts (OK, $250 "down") was $581 per month for 36 months @ 15K miles per year, the Audi was $684 same terms.

The BMW as ordered:

Jet Black Gloss
    Terracotta Leather
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Winter Package
    Upgraded Sound System
    Servotronic
    F+R Parktronic
    Sat Nav
    Sirius Sat Radio
    (Bluetooth and BMW Tele-Assist were part of a package).

We were able to drive an X3 3.0 with premium, sport, winter with a sitck shift and were impressed how close it felt to the A4 in terms of handling. The 18" wheels and tires on the X3 (with the sport suspension and sport seats) may have improved the ride and handling to offset the "SAV" nature of the Bimmer sufficiently.

Frankly, I think it was the stick shift that my wife was drawn to and the lack of a stick in the Audi that pushed her away. Of course there was that little matter of the Audi being $103 per month more for a car that cost $2000 MSRP less.

Funny, we have been playing "spot the X3" for about 3 weeks and have found NONE with the sport package (tell tale sign, the 18" wheels and the fancier trim bits) -- we assume they must be 2004's since the 2004 was criticized for being too stiff, so much so that BMW revamped the suspension in May after only being on the market for five months.

Drive one of these guys with the sport set up and a manual -- if the deals are still on for this thing, you will be grinning all the time you are behind the wheel.
  • bhitchcockbhitchcock Member Posts: 16
    I know BMW recommends 91 octane gas for the 3.0L, but with gas going up and up, has anyone used 89 or 87 octane with any success?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    a few things about premium gas in BMWs:

BMW engineers are smart people, they say to use premium gas, then use it. They're not in Kahootz with the oil companies.

If you don't use premuim gas, the car's knock sensors will detect a lower grade of gas being used and therefore reduce power output. If that is the case, then save some cash and go for the 2.5i. You will notice the car's acceleration leaning toward the sluggish side and the fuel economy dwindle.

You're spending somewhere in the neighborhood of $40K for an X3 3.0i, is the extra $.20 per gallon going to kill you? It is like the people who run out and spend $5K extra on an Accord Hybrid so they cdan save a few cents per gallon at the pump.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Use premium...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• motorcity3motorcity3 Member Posts: 72
    Personally, I don't think that there is nothing wrong with using mid-grade or regular gas. I also agree, as has been posted, that you will lose power with the lower grade gas. BMW engineers recommend premium for a reason and I trust what they say. Especially BMW engineers. However, you will not be causing any damage to your engine if that is what you are asking.