Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X3

Comments

• rallygirlrallygirl Member Posts: 7
    Hey has anyone had a problem with their rear windshield wiper blade breaking off. I just recently noticed my rear wiper blade is gone. Mind you I have had my X3 for just under 5 weeks. The plastic clip was still was in the main body but the blade and holder were gone. I have seen two other X3's with missing rear wiper blades. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. :confuse: Or have you looked lately? :blush:

Best Regards, :)
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    The kit doesn't look half bad. A bit pricey, as you've mentioned. I still think the best is the X5 setup --- leave some black plastic in the bumpers to make it look more rugged.

BTW, that's a Canadian article, since the references to prices are Canadian prices.
    Well, there must be a black market for used BMW wiper blades :mad:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Have you been through an automatic car wash? The one I use, puts a sleeve over the rear wiper... I noticed when I used the gas station auto wash, my wiper would be standing straight out, when I got out of the wash... (not on an X3, though).

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Nope, Hand wash only. Thanks for the input. If I ever do go to an auto wash I will be sure to have a sleeve put on it. :)
    Maybe so, in my area. Wiper bandit. :P
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    I put a review of the X3 including comments about the "look" here about 10+ days ago.

In sum, I will tell you (all) that the X3 in stock trim ONLY looks dressed up in Jet Black or the pearlescent black color (which for $450 is virtually impossible to discern from a distance of 10 meters if both the black colored cars are side by side and clean -- my meaning, the pearl black is nice but it seems to me to be too subtle for the bucks).

Our $47,000 X3 3.0 is chock full of options:

Premium
    Sport
    Winter
    Sat Nav
    Parktronic
    Sat Radio
    Premium Audio
    Xenon Headlights
    Integrated Bluetooth phone (there's a better use of $450 than the black pearl paint)
    Servotronic steering (a must have and it is only $250)

Our X3 as equipped above has the Terracotta leather interior and with the black paint and the gloss shadowline trim that comes with either Premium or Sport packages plus the bigger and dressier wheels and sport steering wheel. The look of this car is "almost" fully dressed for a black tie affair. The bumpers are flat black and the paint and trim is gloss black, but the contrast is so subtle it doesn't look as half baked as some of the other colors what with the rubber bumpers.

Painting the bumpers will be about $1200 USD (I had this treatment done to my 2003 Audi allroad and the bumpers were about this much and the fender flares were another $425 -- the X3 flares don't need to be dressed as they are nicely integrated IMHO.)

If you don't mind Jet Black and are willing to get the Premium and Sport packages, you will probably be about 95% OK with the dressed up look this combination imparts IMHO to every casual eye and probably 80% of the rest of the population would not notice the bumpers not being coated in Jet Black or Pearl Black paint -- and you can save your $1200 or $2500 for the body kit (which does look nice in blue and red, if you care).

The sport package does improve the look with the wheels alone.

This is a bit of a stretch to have an "imaginary" dress up via buying the thing in black in the first place. But that was the color my wife wanted in the first place. We drove a white one and you're correct it just looked a lot cheaper with the obviously unpainted bumpers.

All I am suggesting is to consider the look (if you can tolerate black paint) as described above, before you write off the X3 as the ugly duckling of the BMW bunch. The vehicle now at 1100 miles gets better every day (we have the stick shift which may mitigate your concerns about the extra 30HP somewhat too, since the 6spd manual version is noticeably more quick and nimble (and controllable) than the 5speed "a hunting we shall go" steptronic.)

Then there is the issue that if you MUST have an auto, the new version will come not only with the extra juice under the hood but with a 6speed auto or 6speed manual which should make both the shifters and the shiftless grin from ear to ear.

Of course the deals on the current crop -- even if custom ordered, built and shipped to the US -- hard to pass up.

Our $47K MSRP X3 with $250.00 down (long story) is $581/mo including tax fort 36 months @ 15,000 miles per year.

This thing drive VERY much like a new 2005.5 Audi A4 (which after 27 Audis in our garage is all I have to compare it to, not that I'm unsure it would compare favorably with other Bimmers.)

Great vehicle, great value, great fun.
    I know what you mean about the black paint blending in well with the black bumpers. But I have had 2 black cars before. What with the dirt, fingerprints, swirl marks, I said never again!.

I suspect the sweet deals on the X3 will not continue into next model year, whereas the deals for X5's will only get sweeter. That, I think, will be where the tough decision is -- whether to go for a vehicle on its way out but offers more bang for your buck. But if they don't stick the new 6 in the X5, then I would only consider an X5 4.4 if I go for an X5, and that would likely tip the scale in favour of a fully-loaded X3 3.0. (I hate to have to buy the stupid panoramic moonroof in order to get Premium Pack though. I think moonroofs are a waste of time and money, but especially on an SUV :mad: ).
  • robertvrobertv Member Posts: 33
    Moonroofs are stupid? Can you please share your opinion on this in more detail? You're probably first person I've ever heard of that not only didn't like them but thought they were stupid. I think the moonroof in the X3 is it's best feature (with the exception of the "Six").
    mark, you seem to have bought every option including the kitchen sink, but I don't see the security alarm in your list of options. Did you get one? If not, why not. If you did, how do you like it? Can I ask you one thing in particular? Does it only beeps/flash light on the first push of the remote button? In other words, say, when you're unlocking, after the car is unlocked by the first push on the fob remote, the lights wouldn't flash and it doesn't beep no matter how many more times you push the unlock button?

Thanks.
    One, no, two small pet peeves: regardless of the fact that we added almost $11,000 of options to this vehicle, we had "assumed" two things were "standard" that are not.

#1 Homelink
    #2 Alarm system

Homelink is $425 for the PART plus some labor charge. Ouch. Get Servotronic for $250 and use your garage's small remote and live with it. But damn, at this price point and "class" no homelink? What were they thinking.

No alarm system. What you get is the equivalent of "the threat without the teeth" -- you get the appearance that you have an alarm (the red upsidedown gumball machine on the rearview mirror). Truth be told that is probably enough most of the time. Of course when we mentioned the lack of these items we were told they could be purchased. Yet the dealership told us that even if the car were to be violated that it would be unlikely it could be driven and since it came with On*star (aka BMW assist) that GPS tracking could find the car were it to be ripped off.

Believe it or not, I was more upset about the Homelink thing. For $36,000 (base) this remains, as noted, a small peeve.

Sorry I can't answer your question, otherwise.
  • haakonhaakon Member Posts: 24
    Mark,

Any news/update on your mileage experience w. the X3?
    I knew the alarm was not standard, but the lack of the Homelink I did not know. Yes, you're right, surprising, Lesser cars have them as standard.

But you mean the red gumball (or clown nose as others have affectionately referred to it as) flashes even if there is no alarm installed?

Actually, FWIW, the immobilizer would probably stop most thieves from driving your ride away. The alarm would help in maintaining possession of your digital camera, toll booth change, and stash of CDs.
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    To answer your original question pertaining to the Aero kit. One X3 at the NYC auto show was so equipped in Blue. And again only opinion, the car looked completely different, more aggressive, and gave it that finished look most people as stated by Mark above, wouldn't recognize. I personally wouldn't want one without the entire body cladding included being painted. If your considering leasing one equipped with an Aero I do not beleave the kit can be residualized., but another poster or dealer may need to confirm this. The new model among other changes I've been informed will have the body color trim. The only item I haven't been informed of is what extent the interior will be upgraded and if the styling will change slightly, more in line with the new 3 and 5, most call this ugly, I happen to find it appealing.

The standard alarm, does not protect the contents as you have stated. The transponder key would prohibit about 99.9% of car thieves from actually stealing this vehicle. Any alarm added aftermarket for security of contents, simply go to a reputable shop, not your dealer to pay double.
    Thanks for the info. It would indeed be good news if the '06 X3 comes with the body-colored trim.

Problem with going with an aftermarket alarm is finding a good reputable installer. Most shops seem to hire kids that look like they're just out of high school. :sick:
    The clown nose does NOT flash. This feature, to my eye, looks "as if" there is a security system.

We're now at 1300 miles. Trip for the MD weekend from Cincinnati to Pittsburgh and back.

Mileage seems to be improving, readout now says 20.6 AVG miles per gallon.

Took the back road -- US 22 -- past Zanesville OH, hilly.

Never went above 80mph whole trip.

Be heading west later today, back to Cincinnati. Will keep monitoring.

Three people in the car, 2 Shelties + luggage and a case of beer.

Navigation system is wonderful. Sirius is wonderful -- finally heard a repeat song on "the Vault" Steve Miller Band, "Seasons."

The X3 remains comfortable, competent and impressive. Apart from my two minor peeves (above post) this car is a blast.
  • cptshakmancptshakman Member Posts: 2
    We had a trouble light come on in our 540iAT on Friday morning that indicated a problem with the self-leveling suspension and I had the wife drop it off at the dealership around noon (we've had a bunch of mechanical problems with the 540 and it is nearing the end of its' warranty, but damn is it fun to drive!).

She picked me up an hour later and declared that she wanted to trade in the 540 for the X3 loaner. The loaner is a 2005 X3 with about 2,300 miles on it and a MSRP of $39.7k. It is a white (yuck) 3.0, with the premium package, heated seats, and privacy glass.

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has ever bought a BMW dealer's loaner vehicle and I have the following questions:

1. Overall experience with the vehicle compared to buying brand new?
    2. Cost savings over MSRP?
    3. What is a reasonable price to pay based on the mileage on this one?
    4. The dealer has 5 other X-3s on his lot - 3 of which that we would consider buying. How much can I expect them to come off of MSRP for something they already have?
    5. If we order a new one (like we did with our 330CiC, what is the build time running these days?
    6. How much under MSRP seems to be reasonable for one that we have built at this point in the model year?
    7. Anyone have any insights on the changes for 2006?

Thanks!
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    There is a school of thought regarding loaners and demos. That is you offer the dealer a price in-line with the usage. That is .15 cents a mileage and a couple of thousand from the price you would have been able to negotiate on a new vehicle.

That is once you drive it off the lot the vehicle immediately loses about $3K and then you deduct the mileage. .15/mile * 2000 miles=$300 dollars. Total deductions $3,300 dollars.
    My problem with demos and service loaners, is that the dealer will rarely discount them enough over a new one, to make it worth buying..

Plus, the warranty clock is usually already running....

I find that for the minimal extra discount, I would rather have a new one..

On another note, if you consider leasing, the X3 3.0 has a great lease program in place right now.. If your driving needs encompass anywhere between 10K-15K miles per year. that is the way I would go.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,498
    "Three people in the car, 2 Shelties. . .and a case of beer."

What's not to like? Hope you had a pleasant holiday in your nearly-new ride.

Several of us are awaiting your comments on the other non-Audi vehicle, and the clock continues to tick down. . .
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    Is it possible to do a trade-in, but instead of buying the new car, lease instead with no money down? I think with most, if not all, jurisdictions, when you trade, you only pay the sales tax(es) on the difference, but I'm not sure if that's workable when you are leasing the new car.
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    I have had my 2004 X3 2.5 since September 04. With about 6,000 miles the gas mileage is 20 m.p.g.(U.S.), in 50/50 city highway driving.
    I was skeptical about how much better a BMW could be, when you can buy fairly competent cars for almost half the price. However, I have changed my mind, it is worth every extra penny - and I don't know why anyone would buy anything else but a BMW (especially an X3) if you can afford it.
    By the way, I don't have an alarm but the clown nose blinks when the car is locked.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Do you have auto or stick? Do you find the 2.5 adequate power-wise? Which aspect of the X3, in your opinion, makes it worth the $$$? (I'm guessing it wouldn't be luxury, nor ride comfort)
    . . . Wheeling to Cincinnati, via Dayton, OH airport: 1 stop for gas. Route almost all interstate. Speed average 68mph. Max speed 80mph. Mileage 24.8. My wife informs me that she had never reset the mpg computer, prior to this. I reset the computer when we left eastern Ohio/Western PA/W Va area.

First mileage 20+ new mileage 24+. This was a trip, my wife drives about 36 miles per day about 28 on I-275 loop around Cincinnati.

We are NOT displeased with this milage, and it seems to be improving all the time.

Perhaps we have low expectations -- but this is NOT a light weight vehicle.
    I got my 20 mpg with an automatic. I think it is worth the dollars because of the smoothness of the engine, the handling, the safety features, the overall feel of the car. A major part of the charm of the X3 is that it doesn't have a phony luxury look that I think you get tired of very quickly. The dash and seats are not fancy, but they are beautiful in their simple but perfectly designed way. Instruments are easy to read and use, seating is high with great vision, and it is done without all the phoney chrome and useless gadgets.
    The ride is also enjoyable, quiet and smooth enough without the soft spongy ride you get in a big luxury boat. I was out of town and rented a Taurus - soft spongy ride, total lack of feeling in the steering, an instrument panel with fancy curves that looked like they were trying a little too hard, poor vision front and rear, seats with very little support.
    I didn't even try a 3 liter because it's $4,000 more in Canada and I found the 2.5 was fine. When I test drove an X3 I didn't want to take it back to the dealer. My wife has a 2003 Mercedes C230 which I like a lot, and it has more luxury and a smoother ride, but hey, it doesn't have the same thrill as the X3.

• kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    I agree with your assessment of the X3. Of course, people have differing opinions, but my thoughts are in line with yours.
    You can certainly trade a car in, lease a new one, and not put any of the money from your trade into the new deal..

Example:

$20K value of trade
    $12K loan balance on trade

$12K amount of check dealer pays to lien holder.
    $8K amount of check dealer pays to you.

The lease deal on the new car works like any other.. You are under no obligation to put any of your $8K equity into the new deal.

The sales tax thing might work differently depending on location. If the tax on the lease is an upfront amount, which is then added to the cap cost, you may be able to get a credit against that, if it is a difference state.

But, some states might not allow a credit, because the title will be in the lessor's name, not yours... And, if it is a state where the monthly payment is taxed, then I think you would be totally out of luck.

I've got no experience or anecdotal evidence of anyone doing this.... The states where it is most likely to occur favorably, would be states like Texas or Illinois, where they tax the entire value of the new car upfront, even on a lease. But, I've never even read of an example from there..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    This might interest you: Vehicle Sales Tax Questions

tidester, host
    Hi kdshapiro. Another reason to like an X3 is this. Look at a 10 year old Buick or Intrepid, Taurus or almost any American car (a few hold their looks, such as most T-Birds or a 57 Chev, but not too many). They get dated and look like an old piece of junk.
    Now look at a 10 year old BMW, Mercedes or Jaguar. They look as good as a new one if not better than a new one. These cars have simple intelligent designs that are always in style.
    Glad you like your X3 too!

I didn't realize you're from Canada. Are you sure the difference is $4K? I had priced out both a 2.5 and 3.0 on the BMW site and I thought the difference was only about $2500. But perhaps that may depend on how you load the cars 'cause I recall the 3.0 comes standard with certain features that I would have to add as options on the 2.5.
    The sales tax part may be the deal-killer. As you know, when you trade, the dealer gives you more or less wholesale value for your trade, but (in a purchase scenario), the sales tax credit would make the deal viable. But as you pointed out, in a lease, you don't get title to the car, so you likely would not get the sales tax credit. So to avoid getting killed financially, you would have to sell privately, and then go lease the new car. But I hate selling privately! :cry:
    Here in the US, but I would suspect there MIGHT be some correlation to Canada, the 3.0 is "of higher value" than the 2.5. Here is the way it works -- TODAY -- using the lease cost as an example. Apples to apples configuration the 3.0 X3 has a lease cost about $19.99 higher per month than the 2.5. For the differences in power alone it would seem to be worthwhile. Now, of course, I have no clue how this may or may not translate into cash cost differences -- but the current deal seems skewed to make the 3.0 much more attractive ($).

Perhaps BMW is subventing the lease -- but, if that is so, it would seem an almost compelling reason to examine the leasing option before paying a lump sum of cash.

When we drove a 2.5 (auto) it was barely able to get out of its own way. I would suspect the 2.5 with a stick would be acceptable. Furthermore, the new X3's (they begin building them in July don't they?) will have the new 3.0's engines that are BOTH more efficient and more effective (better mileage and more power). My dealer thinks the new X3's will retain the body and add the new engines and offer a 6 speed steptronic (probably no SMG). I would think, using the Audi A4 3.2 as my guide, that the concerns I have with the 2.5 and 3.0 for that matter with the 5 speed steptronic, would be completely eliminated.
  • vjohnsonvjohnson Member Posts: 4
    well that person wasn't paying very close attention because he/she mixed the reply back to two separate posters.

i am the one with 1300 miles and 99% city driving that posted originally. but i was not the one that said "On the Highway I've average 25 mpg at 60 and 24mpg up to 75mph." On the hwy so far we have only gotten 13-14 mpg.

anyway, we're still getting HORRIBLE gas mileage in the city. we average only 17 mph and in stop and go city driving we only get 11.4 mpg. i'm hoping to take it on a short road trip soon to test the hwy mileage. if it is still bad we're planning to make a stink at the dealer - again. would have never bought the car if we'd known it would be this bad in the city...
    Hello bodble2 and anyone stunned with the difference in price between the 2.5 and 3 liter. Yes, it could come down to $2500 because there were extras that would be optional with a 2.5. I did test a 3 liter before I bought and it is great if you really need or want the extra power. After driving our 2003 C230 Merc and my 2000 Jeep Cherokee this has lots of power - and hopefully better gas mileage!

BMW Canada is offering 2.5% and 3% lease rates on the X3 2.5 & 3.0 respectively, for lease terms up to 39 months. Plus, there is (currently) a loyalty discount of .5%. And residuals on low-mileage leases would be up around 60% over a 39-month term. So yes, definitely, if I were in a position to acquire an X3 today, I would be looking at a 39-month lease rather than straight purchase.

What's stopping me? My TL is barely 1 year old. I would take a huge hit financially on it any way I slice it. I also happen to be still smitten by the TL's styling, power, and toys. :shades:, which I can't duplicate in any X3. The rattles, and slightly squirrelly steering I can do without. :mad:

Secondly, if I buy an '05, and the '06 comes out with more power, and body-colored bumpers, I would kick myself. :sick:
  • cptshakmancptshakman Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to everyone who offered their insights on my questions! The numbers did not work out right on the loaner as it had too few miles on it for them to be motivated to sell at this point. Interestingly enough, our sales advisor (2nd purchase from him) told me that our's was the second X-3 that he had sold after someone asked to buy that particular loaner.

We wound up buying a brand-new one instead. It is a 2005 X3 3.0 with the premium package, heated seats, and privacy glass. It is silver (matches our 2002 330 CiC) with black leather. We're taking delivery on it today.

Ben
  • burgermacburgermac Member Posts: 43
    Can anyone tell me if they've experienced a problem with the radio/telephone? I attempted to connect my bluetooth phone to my X3's stereo through the mfg's discovery process using the provided Bluetooth access key and it seems I have crashed the system- the display indicates "phone" and I cannot use any of the stereo functions. I have tried re-discovering the phone many times, turning the phone on and off, as well as turning the stereo on and off. I have even removed the radio and telephone fuses, started the engine and turned everything off again before re-inserting the fuses, and it still will not work. I realize that this is a rare problem (bluetooth phone, etc.), but I am sure SOMEONE out there is using the bluetooth feature and may have run across the problem. Help please! :mad: :confuse: :mad:
    Is anyone familiar with the tilt sensor function of the BMW alarm? Will a false alarm be triggered if you park on an incline, or does the tilt sensor monitors only a change to the car's angle? In other words, you can park it on a uphill, or side slant, as long as the car's position doesn't change while parked and armed?
    I believe you should take yourself and your X3 (and your BT phone) to the dealer and get it sorted out.

During the delivery process, our dealer did the phone, Sirius and Sat Nav set up and "trained" my wife and me to use these systems.

Her Ericson phone and my Moto phone are both set up to be recognized by the X3's BT system. It depends on who's phone is on if we both get in the car at the same time as to which address book gets loaded into the X3's system.

Works like a charm, tho.

Couldn't make the new Blackberry with BT work, however.

The dealer should make this right for you.

And, at no charge.
    The dealer will make this right for you -- in fact that should have been done during delivery.
    Mark,

What kind of phone do you have? Are you sure that your phone is compatible with the BMW Bluetooth system? If you haven't already, you may want to check out this link:

http://www.bmwtransact.com/bluetooth/Compatible_Phones.htm

I know that the Treo 650 is NOT compatilble -- on other sites there have been a lot of discussion, frustration, and disappointment regarding this issue.
    I have a Moto V505 and my wife has the Sony Ericson T650 or whatever it is called. In fact we bought the X3 part that allows the custom mounting of the Ericson in the armrest and it uses the outside antenna on the X3, making for drop out free talking.

Both are phones will synch up with the X3's BT -- and then the calls can be all done from the controls on the steering wheel (if the address book is populated that is.)

There is no voice activiation that I know about, but that is, for us, not that big of a deal.
  • wmolewmole Member Posts: 1
    I picked up my X3 this Wednesday and I have the premium package. My TREO 650, much to my delight, works fine. When a call comes in, the stereo mutes and I can pick it up with the steering wheel controls, etc. It is a very good hands free system. Before attempting to do this for the first time, I updated the TREO at the PalmOne website with the car kit patch. During discovery, you simply enter the four digit key from your X3 into the TREO and it marries up very well. So far, no problems!!
    I was happy to hear that your Treo works. I will be getting my X3 next month and have a Treo as well -- I had read that a lot of people have not been able to get the Treo to link up w. the X3's Bluetooth system, so I was concerned.

A few questions:

1) What is the four digit key you are referring to? Once I get my car will this code/key be listed in the X3 manual?

2) Did your address book load up as well?

3) Can you make calls from the car as well as receive them?

4) Do you also have the navigation system?

Any suggestions you may have (besides the patch) to make the phone work smoothly would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • dh67dh67 Member Posts: 1
    We're in the process of buying a X3 for my wife and your e-mail indicated that 2006 X3 might come with body colored bumpers. I check this with a local BMW dealer but they wouldn't confirm this. Is your source reliable?
    In my opinion I prefer the black body cladding to monochrome. If I had a choice I would still get it in black! And my X-3 is white! Why? Well, first I like the contrast because the windows and the lower body look black which contrasts with the white in the middle. Next, I think the car looks lower and sleeker with the black breaking it up. Also, I think it looks more business-like with the black around the bottom and wheel wells. If the car is black or a dark color it still looks great with the monochrome look (and of course a white lower body would look ridiculous), but I think the black gives a light colored body a more interesting, less prissy look - after all it is a BMW.

I understand the plastic bumpers are more durable and rugged. But, IMO, the all-black plastic bumpers make the X3 look cheap. Hell, it even looks cheap on a CR-V! I still say the setup for the X5 is perfect --- not all plastic, but just enough so it doesn't look prissy, and adds some practicality.
    . . .my wife and I had not even considered an X3 because it looked so cheap with those grey bumpers. We did find out that there is a BMW accessory for a list price north of $2,000 that fully dresses the car. Moreover, for about 1/2 to 2/3 of that there is a body shop here in River City that will paint the bumpers to perfectly match the car. This dude gets handsome real quick with the mono look. I had the treatment on my 2003 allroad -- and although I did it for ME, the comments are always positive from others. But don't do it for others, do it, if you want, for yourself.

If you don't believe me, read magazine after magazine article on the subject -- and even those that like the X3 in all other ways, seem wont to criticize its nakedidity.

But this is a personal preference, as noted.

We went with the JET BLACK with Terracotta and light birch wood -- with the Premium, Sport and Winter packages the X3 is all dressed up and ready to go.

I have seen the blue with the full body treatment and, it too, is stunning.

My wife loves her X3 and yesterday I got to drive it 100 miles -- what a great touring car; and, what a great Sat Nav and Sirius Sat Radio combo (with the premium audio). We also went for the kleen wheels and the BMW built in phone accessory which uses the outside antenna giving you drop free reception.

To each his own.
    Feel fortunate that you were at least able to connect your phone. My suggestion is to call your service center. Most the time they can fix this kind of stuff free of charge :). I can't get my system to recognize my phone. Apparently, my '04, X3 was built prior to the the actual integration of the bluetooth system. I have a passcode and it's worthless. :mad: However, there is an online petition requesting BMW to rectify the stituation. If any one else experiencing my difficulty and would like to sign the petition the addess is as follows:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?mc1981
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    I was informed by two different BMW dealerships, one that I provide services for the other a salesmen I've purchased from in the past. Again, the only confirmation is body colored bumpers and the new engines.

The body colored issue as Mark stated is personal preference, some want painted cladding other's don't or are indifferent. With a Black exterior the unpainted bumpers are less apparent

I like the concept of what BMW offers in the X3, although, not enough to pony up, without upgrades to the exterior/interior and feature/dollar content.