Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac SRX

Comments

• sls002sls002 Member Posts: 2,788
    The Y45 option is the utility package I think. It does not include a hitch.
    This forum seems dead. Picked up a new SRX yesterday.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congrats!

What color?
  • vangvang Member Posts: 12
    I'm holding out for a Certified (Used) 07 SRX with the following packages: Luxury, Sport, Utility, Drivers

How long before these can be found for 32K?

Currently 06 models with < 10K Miles are listed around 33 - 35K which means you could purchase for $32K.

I think once the 2008's roll out in the late summer that we'll see a flood of low mileage 07's on the market and the diligent shopper will find what they are looking for.

Is my budget realistic?

Any input is appreciated.
    White, with cashmere interior. I wanted 3 basic options: Premium Luxury, Utility and 20 inch sport on the V8 AWD.
    I wanted a 2006 program and asked my dealer about getting one around Thanksgiving. I finally decided that they were not likely to find one. I have been looking at the 2007's, but after I figured out that the 20 inch sport package included 255 tires on all four wheels so they can be rotated, I decided to just get what I wanted. The dealer got mine from another dealer. I had a choice of three in the western area. So getting the big tires is very limited. I'm sure that there will be at least one program one, but perhaps not more than a very few.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Nice - I'm a fan of white cars. :shades:
  • majormcfmajormcf Member Posts: 20
    It does come with a trailer hitch...the hitch is under the rear cover behind the third seat, however you will need to buy the ball. I just bought a leftover 06 with all options that stickered for 50K and I left the dealer at 32500 which is less than used ones on ebay are selling for...I got black with gray leather, love the nav package and ultraview. It had a few options I wouldnt have gotten but at the price I got it didnt really matter. I dont really need heated seats but I might move one day. I did have to fly across country and drive home about 1,000 miles but was well worth the hassle and the dealer tinted the windows for no charge and didnt rip me off with any doc fee charge.
  • vangvang Member Posts: 12
    How did you come across your 06 SRX?
  • majormcfmajormcf Member Posts: 20
    I found it online on the auto trader, I had been watching ebay since cadillac came out with the 5K rebate, now I think cadillac is giving some dealer incentives on the earlier 06 models. I found alot of dealers with 06s still on the lot using the gm.com website however they wouldnt deal like the dealer I found....keep searching, the right SRX is out there, we have had ours now for about 3 weeks and its awesome.....I have owned over 50 different vehicles so I have a pretty good perspective of whats out there.
  • ycr1ycr1 Member Posts: 18
    Just leased today a new 2007 V-6 SRX; black on black with just about all the bells and whistles. Thanks to the info I learned on Edmunds I think I got a good deal. This car is really nice. Prior to making this purchase, I test drove the FX35, RX350 and the Acura MDX. All of these are nice vehicles, but the SRX is awesome. Nice ride, nice handling, really nice looking, plenty of storage space and 3 rows of seats. Not bad! This car was not even on my radar until I saw one yesterday, test drove it last night and closed on the lease today. Thanks everyone for all the great info. Hopefully reliability will not be an issue. This is my first American made car in a long time.
  • dms9dms9 Member Posts: 137
    Does anyone know why the Canadian warranty is better than the USA warranty? I think it is a year longer AND it comes with 4 years of scheduled maintance? Why the difference?

Also, I would love to buy a slightly used certified SRX, rather than a new one. I see that some Detroit dealers have some factory cars, does anyone know how those cars get distributed around? Are any coming to the DC area?

I really love this car, I just think it is too expensive compared to the MDX Sport. Has anyone else gone through the MDX vs. SRX analysis, I would welcome your input on how you reached your decision.
  • sms01sms01 Member Posts: 3
    I know of a 2006 SRX V8 that's 14 months old, 14 K miles with the no-deductible GMAC extended warranty to 7 years or 78K miles, that's for sale within 100 miles of the DC area.
    Thanks. I really like the significant changes they made to the interior in 2007. So, I probably wouldn't buy the 2006. Just out of curiosity, how much did the 2006 depreciate since new. How much does it cost, if you are able to tell me.
    Thanks.
  • rearadmrearadm Member Posts: 1
    My 2 month old SRX fully loaded rattles worse than a 3-year old car? Coming from the rear somewhere. I thought it was related to the auto 3rd row seat...but no luck.

Any thoughts/suggestions before I start a friendly discussion at my dealership?
  • cspillmancspillman Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone know if Cadillac will offer the smart key so you don't have to put a key into the ignition? Love everything about the car but can't go back to using a key.

Also, what about power tilt/telescoping wheel?
    Does their navigation allow verbal commands and does it offer real time traffic?
    Been looking for an mid-size SUV that has a smart key, updated voice activated navigation and ac vents in the back for my dog. Live in Phoenix and it is tuff on her. SRX is one the few but I know the 07 didn't offer the smart key. MDX, FX don't offer all the above. Going through all the lux brands but not finding it.
    If anyone has suggestions I'm up to hearing them.
  • smokiejoesmokiejoe Member Posts: 26
    For 2007, and 2008

Not sure about Voice Activated Nav, but if the Rear A/C Option is ordered the SRX does have an A/C Evaporator and Cooling Ducts in the rear sides of the Headliner which should work quite nicely for back seat cooling.

Also, it does not have a Smart key.
  • cpsmith13cpsmith13 Member Posts: 6
    Take it to the dealer!!! If you have full sunroof they are a constant source of noise. Mine has to be adjusted every 6 months because the bolts loosen! Sounds like the car is going to split in 2. Hopefully you have better luck.
  • bparmleybparmley Member Posts: 6
    My '04 SRX V8 had a rattle triggered by out of balance rear tires. A certain speeds, the out of balance tire triggered something in the back to rattle. That was an easy fix to balance the tires... but recently, another noise from the rear eneded up being a wheel bearing. Dealer took care of it, no issue.
    MDX has everything you want with the exception of the key.
  • sms01sms01 Member Posts: 3
    I had a baffle in one of the mufflers break loose at about 4K miles which caused a rattle at certain RPM, especially when the exhaust was cold. The entire exhaust system was replaced (it's all one piece). I've also had my ultra-roof rattle at the front and the back, depending on which time it was in to try to have that repaired. Not much luck...still creaks and rattles occasionally.
  • blondie54blondie54 Member Posts: 9
    I was told by a dealer in Phoenix that the 2008 srx have the smart key feature.
    Just Test Drove an '08.

They have a New Style key FOB (Very fancy), but its not a Smart Key system.

You still need to insert the key in the ignition lock to start vehicle. Vehicle does not have a "Start" Button on the dashboard.
  • docrwdocrw Member Posts: 94
    It might be an option that was not included in your tester.

Do you, or does anyone, know if bluetooth will be an option on the '08s?
    I don't think so. The vehicle listed for $50K. They are not going to add a start button and remove the traditional key from the steering column as an option. GM doesn't do things like that...
    I might be wrong about the Smart Key on the 2008 SRX.

The new key FOB might work as a Smart Key. There is no start button but the ring around the ignition key might be set up to be a twist "Start" button.

This is apparently how the 2008 CTS will be setup.

Not sure if the FOB will also automatically unlock the doors. Will have to look into further.
  • docrwdocrw Member Posts: 94
    Fair enough.

Have you heard anything about bluetooth. That is very important to me, since my wife will be driving the car often, and we have found it to be a very useful and safe feature to have on our RX330.
  • npgmbrnpgmbr Member Posts: 248
    If what Motortrend is reporting is correct, I'll definitely buy the second generation SRX when it debuts in 2011. Supposed to be the size of the BMW X3. Probably a little small for some but it would be perfect for me. I really like what Cacillac has been doing lately but I too often find their cars to be too big. So, if Caddy slims the SRX down I'm definitely in.
  • jglass2004jglass2004 Member Posts: 1
    My brother had his tranny fluid changed @ a local dealer & he said the fluid was burnt. My brother saw it & it was in bad shape. He told him to get rid of it. My brother said it does downshift harder than other cars he's driven. Anyone else have a problem like this or any suggestions? Thanks, Jim
  • minime5minime5 Member Posts: 41
    Bluetooth will not be available on the 2008, either will any version of a smartkey. This vehicle has two years left until it's being replaced with the BRX, which will have the technology of the new CTS. Until then, it's a lame duck vehicle.
    :sick:
  • miked22miked22 Member Posts: 20
    Does anybody know why I get 4 chimes when I take my 2008 SRX out of park? I think it may be the reverse warning system however the owners manual does not mention it and the sales person does not know. How could the salesperson think I am going to accept "I don't know" for an answer? Please help!
  • doe91172doe91172 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

Never been on a forum before but this is my last resort. I bought my SRX in July 2007. Since, Nov 2007 the car started intermittently. Jim Coleman Cadillac in Bethesda have replaced the mass air flow system and the alternator. They have checked the started and the fuel pump and they said that it is ok. They finally told us that the problem is the engine harness. They stated that the car had some damaged wires from a previous accident which we had no clue about because it wasn't on the Carfax report. On January 2, 2007, we finally got the car out of the shop (after paying $2500) and low and behold the next day, the car wouldn't start again. This morning, it started up again and so it's back at the dealer today. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what else I should have the dealer check into? BTW, the car was bought from a dealer called Car Spectrum and they do not certify their cars. But that's another story.
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    I also think those annoying chimes are the reverse warning system.
    I find them pretty loud, and think i'm going to disable them.
    Disable them? Is that possible? Today I had something behind my car and when I put in reverse the warning lights went on and it did'nt beep. I guess that it goes off when nothing is there.
  • jocapjocap Member Posts: 1
    Where is the oil filter located on a 2004 SRX 3.6
  • jakpennjakpenn Member Posts: 20
    Just purchased 2004 used...how can I tell if it is All wheel drive?
    I think that there should be a 4 on the back end where the SRX emblem is. At least my 2007 has SRX 4 on the back.

After looking on Ebay at some 2004's that are AWD, there does not seem to be a 4 on any of them :surprise:

However, on mine there is a caution in front of the radiator that says this is an AWD so any testing done needs to use proper equipment...

If you have snow, then you could try to get it stuck and see if all 4 wheels spin :D
    Aside from checking the VIN #, You'll have to do some research on that. Look under the front of the car, check each inside of the front wheels, Do they have the half-shafts or axles coming off the wheels to the center differential? If there are half-shafts present than it is AWD.
    Any news on the Sirius SIRGM3-A unit. I have had a loaded SRX for about a month and I love the car, however I can't believe anyone pays for that crappy XM. It is not close to Sirius, not to mention Stern. I need to convert that XM radio to Sirius before I scream!
  • n7donn7don Member Posts: 188
    Look in the RPO list for MX7
    That is all well and good if you know where to look for the list of RPO numbers.

The easiest thing is to look under the hood at the front for the caution (a yellow tag) that says this is an AWD vehicle. If that tag is there then it is AWD. One can also check for the drive shafts on the front wheels, but this is somewhat more difficult to do (but not hard). The fun way would be to take it into a snow covered parking lot and try to spin all four wheels.... :blush:
    Had the oil changed and tires rotated yesterday. They said the brake pads had light wear with 10mm left and the tires had 8/32 tread left. This is after 11,555 miles.
  • dvpriemdvpriem Member Posts: 11
    I had this problem. I brought the car in once and they updated the computer system which controls the cam advance (or something like that). Never had the problem again. Have them check for a software update on the computer.
  • dvpriemdvpriem Member Posts: 11
    If you are parked next to the garage wall, a tree, or another car your back-up warning system will "see" the obstruction and warn you about its proximity. This happens in reverse only. Once you move the car and it is clear of the obstruction the chime will stop. This may be way you only hear 4 chimes then nothing.
    It was the 3rd roow seat. If it is not completely down or up the car will chime 4 times when you initially put it in gear. Go figure.
  • hamomhamom Member Posts: 13
    I am interested in the SRX and deciding if I need the Navigation System. Is anyone using the On Star turn by turn that is on there for one year? Then you have to pay for it. Since this vehicle isn't Bluetooth equipped..is anyone using the phone option on Onstar. I have never had a vehicle with OnStar so I am not sure how good it really is. Thanks!
    Onstar is OK however it is no where near as good as navigation for road directions. Built in navigation works very well and it looks nice. Another option is portable navigation. That works well but the wires are messy and you have a theft issue. Onstar does serve other purposes if they interest you they are fine. A little expensive but fine. Personally, I would much prefer a regular bluetooth option on the phone. Using onstar minutes is very expensive and to get another phone number for the car to use is more complicated than it needs to be. Also, verizon will charge you $10.00 per month for another number. That adds up as well.