Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac SRX

1101112131416»

Comments

• gmguy2gmguy2 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 04 SRX and it has shifted very hard particularly on downshifts since it was new . The dealer says there is nothing wrong with the transmission. I have had numerous issues with the sunroof as well, including having it explode at speed on the freeway. Of course GM denied any responsibility.
  • kobi2kobi2 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a used 2004 SRX/beautiful condition. But had this problem 3 times after 2 wks ownership. RPM abt 4K-speed 40 mph. Stop, turn off, restart, temporary resolution to get home. Guess work on dealers part. There HAS to be an answer. Comment #612 had this problem. Any answer ? HELP! :confuse:
  • kobi2kobi2 Member Posts: 2
    5-31-08 This message is for # 612. I didn't mention in my explanation #779, my service light also came on. Otherwise the problem is the same as yours was. You probably don't have this vehicle any longer, your input was dated '05. But if you do by chance view this, I would appreciate any input at all. I absolutely love my car, but this has to be resolved, soon!! Any tech's out there ? kobi2 :cry:
  • sls002sls002 Member Posts: 2,788
    If the service light came on, then your dealer should be able to read the code. My guess is that something failed in the transmission, probably a solenoid.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Just imagine the depreciation on left-over 08's and 09's when the 10's come out. Should be some sweet deals. My murano lease is up in 10/11, and I like the old style just fine. Unfortunately the mercedes ml 350 and bmw x5 are also whispering softly.
  • carservicecarservice Member Posts: 3
    From what I can find out , The design will be quite different, . But will it be smaller then the current models ? Any info on dimensions available ?

Blue Devil
  • rakosior1rakosior1 Member Posts: 1
    This looks like a really nice car. But a Cadillac made in Mexico. Come on! I'll be sure to put it on my wish list right next to a Chinese Rolex.
  • simagicsimagic Member Posts: 84
    I see that the the new SRX will be made in Mexico. I wonder why all other Cadillacs are made in the US "EXCEPT" this one. Wonder why. Anybody have any input?
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    If this vehicle truly looks as good as it does in the pictures and they are able to undercut the price of the 2010 Lexus RX with good feature content, Cadillac might just have a hit on its hands.
    They certainly got my attention, and I'm leasing an '07 RX350 that I really enjoy and was even thinking of buying the RX at the end of the lease. But I'd like to see the SRX in person.
    Isn't this a moot point since Sirius and XM have merged??
    Yeah, I'm not sure I get that at this point with the economy being the way it is. You'd think being that it is one of the Big 3, that they would make the new Caddy in the U.S.
  • miked22miked22 Member Posts: 20
    DON'T do it! Worst move I ever made was to leave Lexus for this piece of junk. This car Is 14 months old and I have been to service dept 10 times.
    Ouch!! I'm sorry to hear of your problems, Miked22. I've had the "RX" for over two-and-half years, and with the exception of a rattle in the middle seats that eventually was corrected, I've had no problems at all. Maybe I'd better buy my RX afterall so I can see how these new SUV's such as the Cadillac and the Audi Q5 fair as far as quality and reliability goes for their first or second year out.(That is, unless I get lured into getting the 2010 RX.)
    The Cadillac is so bad that I have a lemon law case against GM as we speak. Worst move ever to leave Lexis. They are so good you take them for granted. I had 3 lexus vehicles all with zero problems
  • pscheidpscheid Member Posts: 190
    I am looking to acquire a used all wheel drive SRX, 2006 or 2007, V6 but preferably the V8. My problem is that when doing the searches either through Auto Trader or dealer web sites, the write-ups all too frequently "conveniently" omit whether the available vehicle has all wheel drive or a third row seat!

It is my understanding that starting with the 2007 model year and following the rear hatch has the designation plate "SRX4" on the right hand side if the car has all wheel drive, whether the car is a V6 or a V8.

Is this correct? If this is the case, and the write up says nothing about rear wheel drive or all wheel drive, I could at least tell from a rear photo shot. I can tell if there is a third row seat from photos because if the seat is folded down at least the third row seat belts are a dead giveaway.

Sorry for such an elementary question, but I suspect that often times these details are conveniently left off the e-listing to get a prospective buyer to email or call the dealer.

Thank you for a prompt response!
    The 4wd models do have the 4 on the back. The third row seats are simply an option. Beware, this car is junk. Cadillac service people admitted to me that this vehicle was not built to Cadillac standards. You need to look at other vehicles. :lemon:
  • kec11kec11 Member Posts: 11
    Don't know where you are from, but I just traded in my 2005 SRX with 36K miles at Rizza Cadillac in Tinley Park, IL. That vehicle was almost perfect in every way and had every option offered (including AWD but the Ad says RW drive, that's wrong) except V8. Some one is going to get a really good car. they're asking $19,900K.

I just had to have a 2010 SRX in platinum ice because it is so hot-looking in white with the chrome accents and florescent lighting pipes along side the front headlamps. I felt guilty the first day when I bought it because there was nothing wrong with my 2005 SRX. But now that I've had it 2 weeks, I'm crazy in love with the new car.
    We are from North of Boston and purchased a certified pre-owned 2007 from a Cadillac dealer with 26K miles last night. Well under NADA price. V8 awd with every option except magnetic ride, including the 3rd row seat. Bought the extended warranty which keeps us covered bumper to bumper for another 3.5 years. Carfax checked out before we even went to look at the car. Body unmarked. Interior clean. Close to like new as you are going to get. With a set of new Michelins (about $1000 at Tire Rack prices). Test drove in 13 degree weather without a squeak or rattle.

Re the car being junk as someone pointed out......these forums do attract the folks who have had issues with the vehicle, some repetitive and some unresolved. We hope we avoid some of them with the 4.8L V8 and the clean Carfax which had vehicle service info.
    Ok number one..... GM did not go bankrupt because of their superior quality. Mine too has every option including the $1000 option for pearl white paint.

Number 2........ This garbage can has been back at the dealership about 20 times. This link is not long enough to tell you all the things that went wrong. On more than one occasion the service personnel told me that my problems were very common to the SRX. To compound things, many of my problems have been unfixable. They keep breaking over and over again. Terrible engineering. Quite frankly, the only thing Cadillac is good at is making excuses. Buyer beware!
    Forgot to add. The dealer folks were glad to see warm bodies prepared to buy.....end of month and quarter and not a lot of prospects, especially around the holidays when realistically most folks are tapped out financially and fried emotionally and are not much into the purchase mindset. If you want a motivated dealer/seller, the timing could not be better for you to buy.

My wife has been following the SRX in Auto Trader for several months.....she could tell the sales person exactly what he had on the lot, where he got the vehicle, how long the vehicle had been on the lot, how many miles had been put on the vehicle from test drives, and any price reductions over the time frame. She did her homework.

Yes, it helped that my wife and I showed up at the first dealer knowing exactly what we wanted in terms of year, color, options, mileage range, and price, with the Carfax knowledge already in hand on the vehicles we were interested in (2 at this place), the NADA pricing known, functional knowledge of the vehicles we were about to test drive, and printouts of competitive vehicles from other dealers printed out that day.

Buying a car can be an easy and relatively enjoyable experience when all the parties are on the same page and know their end of things. And both parties know they are getting what they realistically need and want out of the deal. The key is in the preparation. My wife and I even had fun.......but we were not pressed for time nor did we have to make a decision right there and then. There were several other dealers with SRXs out there that would have floated our boat.

I believe the purchase experience goes South when expectations and communications break down and emotions enter into the picture. Car buying is a business proposition on both sides of the table.

One final observation......if you don't feel comfortable with the sales rep you have, ask for another. While I am not going to marry the guy or invite him over for dinner, I do get to pick my poison. :)
    Mike......you got your 07 new in 12/07, right? You are a patient man. 20 trips back to the dealer is about 15 too rich for my blood. Perhaps the moral of your story is to get the the AG's office earlier on and take no prisoners. I looked back on your posts but could not find which engine you have or what your problems have been. No one should have to deal with half that.

What many outsiders don't realize is that this vehicle depreciates so quickly that simply trading it in is an ugly option. The V8 07 SRX I just purchased with 26K miles was acquired for 55% of the original sticker, and it wasn't the lowest priced one out there. That essentially translates into a vehicle that is worth about half just 2.5 years from it's first "in service" date.
  • spunyarnspunyarn Member Posts: 1
    Engine light comes on and the car shuts down while driving. I see other people have had this problem but have not seen a solution. Dealer wants about 6K to fix it and it sounds like it's not worth it. Can someone offer a suggestion?
    Help! Love the car but OMG...
    So sorry you got a bad one.

Mine still works perfect in every way and has no problems of any kind. And I just love it!!! My 2005 had no problems either. :)
    Oh, I just read the other messages backwards. I thought you were talking about the new 2010 SRX with the new bright platinum ice paint (not that dull creamy white diamond color).

You really must have gotten a lemon. Maybe it was made when the employees were disgruntled. My previous 2005 SRX had no problems either which is why I was excited to buy the much cooler new version.

Plus Cadillac treats me the same as my previous lexus dealership. I always have a comparable Cadillac waiting on me when I got oil changes or new brakes. The only dealership experience I found rude was when I bought my 2000 BMW X5. That was full of electronic software glitches and they would always give me cheap used 325 demos to drive home as loaners. One even had a busted out grille.

Definitely, you're going to win that lemon case because you really got a bad one :lemon:
  • edmunds_112edmunds_112 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I just drove the 2008 Cadillac SRX4 in burgundy, after having months of the true red wine. This car is not, junk. As I handled it, I really knew what Cadillac was up to to try to invest in a true cross-over car by 2011. The cars on the street today that caught my eye and attention. The 2011 & 2012 is aerodynamically correct in its markings, perhaps not close to the Acura MDX I saw yesterday, but the 2008 CAD SRX4 has the smartest tilt steering and beats the predicament of the Mazda Miata or the 1990s and 2000s, where the sixth-gear would not shift because of wheel vibration complications in 2009. hmm...that Miata was also burgundy in color. The sixth gear eventually shifted on the Miata I drove, but the dealership also had to make high appeals to get the matter straightened-out. For the 2008 that looks like a Volvo wagon, but is a SUV, I felt it was a true dream and nearly has eclipsed my dreams of a Chevrolet Malibu Maxx that has polite interior gestures as well.

The 2008 CAD SRX4 model should be talked about more, I really liked its difference from other Cadillac models. Regardless, I like the new crossover trend between wagons and SUVs, i think MFGs are getting that wheel base correct to stop the vibratory effect of oil draw and raditor pull. It hurts the wheel base and the steering base. :lemon:
  • 1sangrams1sangrams Member Posts: 1
    Noticed shortly after purchased had this whining or humming noise and took it to dealer, tells me all awd have some noise. It is getting more noticeable and now rattles coming from cargo area and nothing in area. I'm not at all satisfied with this expensive vehicle.
    Any advice on what to tell service tech, are there any bulletins regarding any of these issues. Had a 2002 Tahoe that drove so much better than this Cad, should have stayed with Chevy. Cadillac has 13,000 miles on it now.
    Thank you